RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Help

Rate this topic

Guest guest

How about some Merry Tomatoes? They are always a hit and especially around the holidays.I'll post the recipe for you. Would you like me to send you some off list? Or would the group like me to post them here? TerrySent from my iPadOn Nov 14, 2011, at 7:00 PM, Cone <nicoleacone@...> wrote:

I am looking for some ideas. I am hosting a Pampered Chef party at my home on Saturday,

December 10th. I am

trying to plan out some yummy appetizer/treats and drinks…but I just am not

coming up with a variety I like. I

want some good food and drinks to help increase the sales for my friend, and

for me as the hostess…but also so that my guests have a good time. Anyone have suggestions since I am

blanking out on this?

Thanks!

Guest guest

I'd certainly make the Vitamix Hummus. Make a nice large platter with triangles

of pita bread, a mound of Greek Olives, a mound of Feta Cheese, and maybe a

mound of slices of roasted red peppers. It makes a very pretty platter. I serve

it often to my husbands Audiophile buddies.

I have some very good hors d'oeuvres recipes I'll send you off list.

terry

On Nov 14, 2011, at 8:14 PM, Terry Pogue wrote:

>

>

> How about some Merry Tomatoes?

> They are always a hit and especially around the holidays.

> I'll post the recipe for you. Would you like me to send you some off list? Or

would the group like me to post them here?

> Terry

>

> Sent from my iPad

>

> On Nov 14, 2011, at 7:00 PM, Cone <nicoleacone@...> wrote:

>

>> I am looking for some ideas. I am hosting a Pampered Chef party at my home

on Saturday, December 10th. I am trying to plan out some yummy appetizer/treats

and drinks…but I just am not coming up with a variety I like. I want some good

food and drinks to help increase the sales for my friend, and for me as the

hostess…but also so that my guests have a good time. Anyone have suggestions

since I am blanking out on this?

>>

>>

>> Thanks!

>>

>

>

>

Guest guest

Frozen white Russian’s From: [mailto: ] On Behalf Of ConeSent: Monday, November 14, 2011 7:01 PMundisclosed-recipients:Subject: Help I am looking for some ideas. I am hosting a Pampered Chef party at my home on Saturday, December 10th. I am trying to plan out some yummy appetizer/treats and drinks…but I just am not coming up with a variety I like. I want some good food and drinks to help increase the sales for my friend, and for me as the hostess…but also so that my guests have a good time. Anyone have suggestions since I am blanking out on this? Thanks!

Guest guest

The Consultant usually makes something for everyone to eat...

>

> I am looking for some ideas. I am hosting a Pampered Chef party at my home

> on Saturday, December 10th. I am trying to plan out some yummy

> appetizer/treats and drinks…but I just am not coming up with a variety I

> like. I want some good food and drinks to help increase the sales for my

> friend, and for me as the hostess…but also so that my guests have a good

> time. Anyone have suggestions since I am blanking out on this?

>

>

>

> Thanks!

>

Guest guest

Here " s a couple of easy ones that people like. Buy some of those very small fully cooked cocktail sausages and heat them up in a mixture of equal parts of red currant jam and mustard.

Wash mushrooms and peel them removing stems (your little treat). Wrap each in a half piece of bacon and secure with a toothpick. Put them in a circle on a microwave safe plate and cook a half minute for each mushroom like 10 minutes for 20 mushrooms. They must be in a circle to cook evenly because of the nature of microwaves. The bacon will hug the mushrooms really nicely.

Ann

On Nov 14, 2011 6:25 PM, " Terry Pogue " <tpogue@...> wrote:

I'd certainly make the Vitamix Hummus. Make a nice large platter with triangles of pita bread, a mound of Greek Olives, a mound of Feta Cheese, and maybe a mound of slices of roasted red peppers. It makes a very pretty platter. I serve it often to my husbands Audiophile buddies.

I have some very good hors d'oeuvres recipes I'll send you off list.

terry

On Nov 14, 2011, at 8:14 PM, Terry Pogue wrote:

>

>

> How about some Merry Tomatoes?

> They are always a hit and especially around the holidays.

> I'll post the recipe for you. Would you like me to send you some off list? Or would the group like me to post them here?

> Terry

>

> Sent from my iPad

>

> On Nov 14, 2011, at 7:00 PM, Cone <nicoleacone@...> wrote:

>

>> I am looking for some ideas.  I am hosting a Pampered Chef party at my home on Saturday, December 10th.  I am trying to plan out some yummy appetizer/treats and drinks…but I just am not coming up with a variety I like.  I want some good food and drinks to help increase the sales for my friend, and for me as the hostess…but also so that my guests have a good time.  Anyone have suggestions since I am blanking out on this?

>>

>>

>> Thanks!

>>

>

>

>

------------------------------------

Guest guest

I am assuming your child has language so hopefully I'm right.

The fact that he is so remorseful is a wonderful sign. When he is calm, it

would be good to talk about it but in a supportive way.

He needs to learn self-control techniques. Talk to him about how he felt before

he hit you. Ask if he thinks that he would recognize that feeling again. Then

talk about what he could do instead.... " clasp hands together and go cool down "

or .... etc etc. You may need to review this with him a few times in the next

few days to help it get set in his brain. Then if you see him practice this.

Reward him big time!!!

Now you have to deal with the brother. You need to set a non-tolerance rule for

him to purposefully agitate his brother that is so struggling with self-control.

Lost of priviledges is very effective for my NT son especially games. I expect

it will work with your son too. Start the punishment small and increase the

time. Follow through!!!

Best wishes! Jill

>

> My 12 yr old son (AS) just punched me in the mouth.  He and his big brother

were arguing and when I intervened and tried to take him to his room, he looked

at me, drew back his hand and punched me.  He is alternating now between

apologizing, crying, and getting angry with me again.  His brother just makes

things worse, argues and picks fights, which have escalated to physical also

lately.  The Dr thinks the Zoloft is making him more impulsive, and we are

reducing it, but what do we do in the meantime?  I have never been so angry with

him, it frightened me.  

>

Guest guest

I can empathize with your situation! When my daughter was six, she bit me and

then herself every day for months. She also bit her teacher. Once I was called

in because she bit the teacher ten times. in an hour. We consulted with a

behaviorist and the advice worked so I wanted to pass it along.

The focus should be on the son that hit you because in the outside world we

cannot control other people pushing our child's " buttons. " The stakes are very

high when a child is violent because they will not be tolerated in society and

the consequences for those actions can be dire.

We have always used positive reinforcement but when it came to violence, we used

adversives. We yelled " no biting! " and that was followed by an immediate time

out, removing favorite toys as she watched, etc. After the time out we gave her

a least favorite task to perform.

You need a plan from a behaviorist, but the bottom line is that you pair the

action with enough negative consequences that it clicks in their minds that it

is not worth doing that action. It took about three months but it worked. This

was five years ago and she hasn't bitten since. The thought of her future as a

violent child scared me so much I was determined to help her be free of it.

I hope this helps, and wishing you and your son the very best.

Carol

>

> My 12 yr old son (AS) just punched me in the mouth.  He and his big brother

were arguing and when I intervened and tried to take him to his room, he looked

at me, drew back his hand and punched me.  He is alternating now between

apologizing, crying, and getting angry with me again.  His brother just makes

things worse, argues and picks fights, which have escalated to physical also

lately.  The Dr thinks the Zoloft is making him more impulsive, and we are

reducing it, but what do we do in the meantime?  I have never been so angry with

him, it frightened me.  

>

Guest guest

I'm sorry to hear what happened. I have a 12 year old granddaughter that has been known to do that. She was also on zoloft. Zoloft can cause aggression outbursts..her parents dropped her down to a very very low dose. Trying to wean her off of it. She will wake up in the middle of the night and become very aggressive...it is absolutely frightening and no one seems to be able to help. She has always had issues with aggression thru the years...and now that she is in puberty it has gotten more difficult. We are very concerned. Just want you to know your not alone and I wish I had answers for you. I worry so much about my daughter trying to handle her. Take careFrom: Jill <jgmangus@...>Subject: Re: Helpautism Date: Tuesday, January 24, 2012, 4:02 PM

I am assuming your child has language so hopefully I'm right.

The fact that he is so remorseful is a wonderful sign. When he is calm, it would be good to talk about it but in a supportive way.

He needs to learn self-control techniques. Talk to him about how he felt before he hit you. Ask if he thinks that he would recognize that feeling again. Then talk about what he could do instead.... "clasp hands together and go cool down" or .... etc etc. You may need to review this with him a few times in the next few days to help it get set in his brain. Then if you see him practice this. Reward him big time!!!

Now you have to deal with the brother. You need to set a non-tolerance rule for him to purposefully agitate his brother that is so struggling with self-control. Lost of priviledges is very effective for my NT son especially games. I expect it will work with your son too. Start the punishment small and increase the time. Follow through!!!

Best wishes! Jill

>

> My 12 yr old son (AS) just punched me in the mouth. He and his big brother were arguing and when I intervened and tried to take him to his room, he looked at me, drew back his hand and punched me. He is alternating now between apologizing, crying, and getting angry with me again. His brother just makes things worse, argues and picks fights, which have escalated to physical also lately. The Dr thinks the Zoloft is making him more impulsive, and we are reducing it, but what do we do in the meantime? I have never been so angry with him, it frightened me.

>

Guest guest

Thanks and Jill for the kind words and the helpful advice. Things seem a little better with the zoloft decreased to a tiny dose. Of course now we have increased anxiety, sigh. Jill, I have been talking to him about what you suggested, and I think he is getting it. I am working with brother too, and have appt for him to see psychiatrist, both for his own issues, and to explain about his brother. Wish us luck!

Guest guest

1. articane is considered as neurotoxic2.grave's disease is type 5. From: Megha Vijay <meghahoneyl@...> Ore < > Sent: Thursday, 26 January 2012 11:51 PM Subject: Help

1) La which causes neuropathy 2)Which hypersensitivity is seen in hyperthyroidism?3)percentage of people wid plaque in uk?4) ,,, ,,,,, ,,,,,,,,,,,, ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, calculus in uk?Thanks ,Megha.

Guest guest

Interesting about the decrease of zoloft and increase in anxiety. My granddaughter's anxiety translates into her not wanting to go anywhere...sigh. From: Lowry <roxannereeddog@...>Subject: re: help" " < >Date: Wednesday, January 25, 2012, 1:59 PM

Thanks and Jill for the kind words and the helpful advice. Things seem a little better with the zoloft decreased to a tiny dose. Of course now we have increased anxiety, sigh. Jill, I have been talking to him about what you suggested, and I think he is getting it. I am working with brother too, and have appt for him to see psychiatrist, both for his own issues, and to explain about his brother. Wish us luck!

Guest guest

1. Taken out of the register.

2.12 months

3.12 months

Please correct me if I am wrong

Thanks

All the very best.

Manochithra.

On 28 Mar 2012 16:16, " Mannar G " <garadahm@...> wrote:

What happens if the dentist does not pay his annual retention fees on time?

How often should you review the smoking status? Every 3 months, 6 months, 12 months, etc

What's the maximum of time the GDC leaves the dentist physically impaired away from his profession?

Guest guest

1.fine applied ( not 100%sure)2. Annual review for smoking ,ref- deliver better OH sheet)3.12 months max but dentist can be put under condition for upto 3 yrs.: ref-bda law & ethicsSent from my iPhoneOn 28 Mar 2012, at 16:16, "Mannar G" <garadahm@...> wrote:

How often should you review the smoking status? Every 3 months, 6 months, 12 months, etc

What's the maximum of time the GDC leaves the dentist physically impaired away from his profession?

=

Guest guest

HI1. HE WILL BE REMOVED FROM THE REGISTRYand will have to pay both the restoration and the retention feeMASTER 22. ONCE PER YEAR ( DELIVERING BETTER ORAL HEALTH DOC ITS IMP U NEED TO COVER IT ESPECIALLY THE FLUORIDE AND ALCOHOL) I HAVE ATTACHED IT TO THE EMAIL JUST IN CASE U DON`T HAVE IT3. 12 MBEST OF LUCKEBTISAM From: hossain.sabreena <hossain.sabreena@...> " " < > Sent: Thursday, 29 March 2012, 1:50 Subject: Re: help

1.fine applied ( not 100%sure)2. Annual review for smoking ,ref- deliver better OH sheet)3.12 months max but dentist can be put under condition for upto 3 yrs.: ref-bda law & ethicsSent from my iPhoneOn 28 Mar 2012, at 16:16, "Mannar G" <garadahm@...> wrote:

=

1 of 1 File(s)

deliveringbetteroralhealth.pdf

Guest guest

I started my son on a Probiotic and it helped with the gut issues and there was a decrease in behaviors as well. I had read a post on here about it, so I thought I would give the Probiotics a try and it worked. From: Mom <ritzywright@...> autism Sent: Wednesday, May 2, 2012 12:57 PM Subject: Help

I am at the end of my rope. Need to know what meds will help control explosive anger. We just had an endoscopy done. As before irritation in the stomach. No infection, but referred to as gastritis. Doc said 3 months on prevacid. Been using over the counter colic medicine and gripe water. Doc thinks he has IBS but hasn't been able to take any of the antispasmodics.

The behavior is always the same. He seems to be ok, except earlier in the day he has had irritability; then for no reason he hits his head on the tv or computer screen, and hunts Dad down. He scratches, bites, and kicks. We shouldn't be punching bags for a 19 year old but don't know what to do. He has been on Abilify, Klonopin, and Amantadine. Actually still is, but have reduced Abilify to 3ml from 25 since developed TD. Doc has suggested Zyprexa, Lamictal, or Clonodine. He already eats like he is starving, stuffing his mouth full until he gets choked. It is really hard to find providers for a 19 year old severely autistic male. Does he need to be tested for seizures?

Any ideas about meds or biomed would be appreciated.

D.

Guest guest

Perhaps there is pain causing the behaviors?  Food allergies that make his tummy and intestines hurt?  Something that, if removed, would make him feel better/happier.JenOn Wed, May 2, 2012 at 11:57 AM, Mom <ritzywright@...> wrote:

I am at the end of my rope. Need to know what meds will help control explosive anger. We just had an endoscopy done. As before irritation in the stomach. No infection, but referred to as gastritis. Doc said 3 months on prevacid. Been using over the counter colic medicine and gripe water. Doc thinks he has IBS but hasn't been able to take any of the antispasmodics.

The behavior is always the same. He seems to be ok, except earlier in the day he has had irritability; then for no reason he hits his head on the tv or computer screen, and hunts Dad down. He scratches, bites, and kicks. We shouldn't be punching bags for a 19 year old but don't know what to do. He has been on Abilify, Klonopin, and Amantadine. Actually still is, but have reduced Abilify to 3ml from 25 since developed TD. Doc has suggested Zyprexa, Lamictal, or Clonodine. He already eats like he is starving, stuffing his mouth full until he gets choked. It is really hard to find providers for a 19 year old severely autistic male. Does he need to be tested for seizures?

D.

Guest guest

Did the doc say if the gfcf diet would help?HeidiSent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerryFrom: "Mom" <ritzywright@...>Sender: autism Date: Wed, 02 May 2012 16:57:11 -0000<autism >Reply autism Subject: Help I am at the end of my rope. Need to know what meds will help control explosive anger. We just had an endoscopy done. As before irritation in the stomach. No infection, but referred to as gastritis. Doc said 3 months on prevacid. Been using over the counter colic medicine and gripe water. Doc thinks he has IBS but hasn't been able to take any of the antispasmodics.The behavior is always the same. He seems to be ok, except earlier in the day he has had irritability; then for no reason he hits his head on the tv or computer screen, and hunts Dad down. He scratches, bites, and kicks. We shouldn't be punching bags for a 19 year old but don't know what to do. He has been on Abilify, Klonopin, and Amantadine. Actually still is, but have reduced Abilify to 3ml from 25 since developed TD. Doc has suggested Zyprexa, Lamictal, or Clonodine. He already eats like he is starving, stuffing his mouth full until he gets choked. It is really hard to find providers for a 19 year old severely autistic male. Does he need to be tested for seizures?Any ideas about meds or biomed would be appreciated.D.

Guest guest

Clonidine is my favorite. Sent from my iPadOn May 2, 2012, at 2:08 PM, theshabbysheep@... wrote:

Did the doc say if the gfcf diet would help?HeidiSent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerryFrom: "Mom" <ritzywright@...>

Sender: autism

Date: Wed, 02 May 2012 16:57:11 -0000<autism >Reply autism

Subject: Help

D.

Guest guest

He is on the GFCF mostly. Can't get Dad to take away the chicken nuggets, fries, and ketchup from 's once a day. Since he has the meltdowns about 2 hours after he eats this it could have something to do with it. What I don't get is he eats it every day and only gets meltdowns 2-4 times a month. It seems like it is a few days before and after the full moon. Crazy, right?

Did the doc say if the gfcf diet would help?Heidi

Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

Sender: autism

Date: Wed, 02 May 2012 16:57:11 -0000

<autism >

Replyautism

Subject: Help

I am at the end of my rope. Need to know what meds will help control explosive anger. We just had an endoscopy done. As before irritation in the stomach. No infection, but referred to as gastritis. Doc said 3 months on prevacid. Been using over the counter colic medicine and gripe water. Doc thinks he has IBS but hasn't been able to take any of the antispasmodics.The behavior is always the same. He seems to be ok, except earlier in the day he has had irritability; then for no reason he hits his head on the tv or computer screen, and hunts Dad down. He scratches, bites, and kicks. We shouldn't be punching bags for a 19 year old but don't know what to do. He has been on Abilify, Klonopin, and Amantadine. Actually still is, but have reduced Abilify to 3ml from 25 since developed TD. Doc has suggested Zyprexa, Lamictal, or Clonodine. He already eats like he is starving, stuffing his mouth full until he gets choked. It is really hard to find

providers for a 19 year old severely autistic male. Does he need to be tested for seizures?Any ideas about meds or biomed would be appreciated.D.

Guest guest

Sorry to just jump in on the conversation, Drissa, but your last post actually made sense to me. Our son is allergic to Soy, but we didn't realize it until an entire month of giving it to him 3 times a day because it took that long for him to errupt into a rash from head to toe! Maybe the build up of whatever may be in the nuggets, etc. in his system erupts...just shooting at possibilities.N~Sent from my BlackBerry® wireless device from LIME.From: drissia wright <ritzywright@...>Sender: autism Date: Wed, 2 May 2012 14:50:55 -0700 (PDT)<autism >Reply autism Subject: Re: Help He is on the GFCF mostly. Can't get Dad to take away the chicken nuggets, fries, and ketchup from 's once a day. Since he has the meltdowns about 2 hours after he eats this it could have something to do with it. What I don't get is he eats it every day and only gets meltdowns 2-4 times a month. It seems like it is a few days before and after the full moon. Crazy, right? Did the doc say if the gfcf diet would help?HeidiSent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerryFrom: "Mom" <ritzywright@...> Sender: autism Date: Wed, 02 May 2012 16:57:11 -0000<autism >Replyautism Subject: Help I am at the end of my rope. Need to know what meds will help control explosive anger. We just had an endoscopy done. As before irritation in the stomach. No infection, but referred to as gastritis. Doc said 3 months on prevacid. Been using over the counter colic medicine and gripe water. Doc thinks he has IBS but hasn't been able to take any of the antispasmodics.The behavior is always the same. He seems to be ok, except earlier in the day he has had irritability; then for no reason he hits his head on the tv or computer screen, and hunts Dad down. He scratches, bites, and kicks. We shouldn't be punching bags for a 19 year old but don't know what to do. He has been on Abilify, Klonopin, and Amantadine. Actually still is, but have reduced Abilify to 3ml from 25 since developed TD. Doc has suggested Zyprexa, Lamictal, or Clonodine. He already eats like he is starving, stuffing his mouth full until he gets choked. It is really hard to findproviders for a 19 year old severely autistic male. Does he need to be tested for seizures?Any ideas about meds or biomed would be appreciated.D.

Guest guest

My son would get meltdowns 2 hours after eating original recipe KFC. While I'm not sure what ingredient might have triggered it, I did discover that KFC original recipe has milk in it. When he's had extra crispy or grilled (neither of which have milk), there have been no meltdowns.Not sure if 's nuggets have milk in them, but if it were me, I'd cut them out of the diet and see what happens.Good luck!HeidiSent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerryFrom: drissia wright <ritzywright@...>Sender: autism Date: Wed, 2 May 2012 14:50:55 -0700 (PDT)<autism >Reply autism Subject: Re: Help He is on the GFCF mostly. Can't get Dad to take away the chicken nuggets, fries, and ketchup from 's once a day. Since he has the meltdowns about 2 hours after he eats this it could have something to do with it. What I don't get is he eats it every day and only gets meltdowns 2-4 times a month. It seems like it is a few days before and after the full moon. Crazy, right? Did the doc say if the gfcf diet would help?HeidiSent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerryFrom: "Mom" <ritzywright@...> Sender: autism Date: Wed, 02 May 2012 16:57:11 -0000<autism >Replyautism Subject: Help I am at the end of my rope. Need to know what meds will help control explosive anger. We just had an endoscopy done. As before irritation in the stomach. No infection, but referred to as gastritis. Doc said 3 months on prevacid. Been using over the counter colic medicine and gripe water. Doc thinks he has IBS but hasn't been able to take any of the antispasmodics.The behavior is always the same. He seems to be ok, except earlier in the day he has had irritability; then for no reason he hits his head on the tv or computer screen, and hunts Dad down. He scratches, bites, and kicks. We shouldn't be punching bags for a 19 year old but don't know what to do. He has been on Abilify, Klonopin, and Amantadine. Actually still is, but have reduced Abilify to 3ml from 25 since developed TD. Doc has suggested Zyprexa, Lamictal, or Clonodine. He already eats like he is starving, stuffing his mouth full until he gets choked. It is really hard to findproviders for a 19 year old severely autistic male. Does he need to be tested for seizures?Any ideas about meds or biomed would be appreciated.D.

Guest guest

Marilynn,

I am not one to usually complain about things on an open list, but would it

be possible to get back to Kefir in general??

I really dont think rubbing milk of magnesia in one's armpits has anything

to do with Kefir!

Please help return this list to what should be discussed, Kefir!

Thanks in advance,

Guest guest

How about if I suggest that people rub kefir under their arm pits. Would that

be on topic?

(:->)

Date: Mon, 9 Jul 2012 11:13:44 -0700

Subject: Re: Help

_OffTopicChat/

Everyone, join the off-topic group for guilt-free off-topic chatter! Back to

kefir here!

Larry

Guest guest