Guest guest

Shriners is for children only, isnt it?

>

>

> Have you looked into Shriner's Hospital? They treat scoliosis for

no cost

> and have the leading doctors in that area volunteering their

time. They are

> cutting edge and can do bracing as well as surgery when warranted.

> Perhaps the brace you have is not fitting now because you have

been through

> a growth spurt.

>

> Check out the closest one to you at _www.shrinershq.org_

> (http://www.shrinershq.org) . It would be worth the trip.

> Jolene

>

>

>

> ************************************** See what's new at

http://www.aol.com

>

>

>

Guest guest

Yeah, I was wondering about Shriner's too. I think I've read in this chat

that you must be involved by 15 and it continues until 18 years old. Look into

it. It might really help you.

Debbie

<c_powell_999@...> wrote:

Shriners is for children only, isnt it?

>

>

> Have you looked into Shriner's Hospital? They treat scoliosis for

no cost

> and have the leading doctors in that area volunteering their

time. They are

> cutting edge and can do bracing as well as surgery when warranted.

> Perhaps the brace you have is not fitting now because you have

been through

> a growth spurt.

>

> Check out the closest one to you at _www.shrinershq.org_

> (http://www.shrinershq.org) . It would be worth the trip.

> Jolene

>

>

>

> ************************************** See what's new at

http://www.aol.com

>

>

>

Guest guest

(woman), there are two Chrisses posting. Our posts were for Chrisman

21222 who calls himself Chris. He wears a brace.

Someone asked if Shriners' treatment was only for kids....if I understand it

correctly, they treat young people to 18 or if already in the program until

21. The website should clarify it. _www.shrinershq.org_

(http://www.shrinershq.org)

Jolene

************************************** See what's new at http://www.aol.com

Guest guest

I too just joined a little while back. I'm from MO and this morning I sit in San Diego waiting for the car to pick me and take me to Dr. A. So excited!! I'll keep you informed. Daniebricker67 <ebricker67@...> wrote: I just joined the group. I'm hoping to have the LapBand in late January. I'm open to any and all personal experiences with this procedure.

Guest guest

Dani, congrats!! you will be in good hands!! :-) are you alone?

because if you are dont worry, because they will tend to your every

need. I have a funny story about being at the airport. I timed my

plane times really close, because I hate waiting at airports. so I

Timed the flight to come in minutes before the van was to pick us

up. so My plane runs late (as they do a lot) and I get off the plane

and I am a nervous wreck anyway. and there is no one to greet me! I

started to panic. I was like " OMG this thing is a scam, there really

isnt any Dr. A " , or they left me and now my whole surgery is going to

have to be postponed. All this horribly panicked thoughts came to my

mind. and then I had my husband getting mad at me " why did you do

this, why did you schedule it so close, you messed this one up " . he

gets to be a real ass in stressful situations, one of the things that

makes me want to strangle him sometimes! I really needed him to

say " honey its going to be ok, dont panic, it will all work out " .

So, I called a friend who had been banded by dr. A and she got me

Nina's number and I was able to call them and they called the van

driver and he came back to get me. But he was already on his way

back to Mexico. shew that was a close call! But I Finally made it

to Mexico, but it was a close one! :-) so that is my airport story.

hee hee :-) I can laugh now, but I wasnt laughing then.

take care and keep us posted!! :-) You are in for a great

experience, just soak it up! :-)

> I just joined the group. I'm hoping to have the Lap Band

in late

> January. I'm open to any and all personal experiences with this

> procedure.

>

Guest guest

Congrats and welcome to the land of the band! Kristi DOB 8/3/07 219/164/145Ms Ellis <ejdcc@...> wrote: I too just joined a little while back. I'm from MO and this morning I sit in San Diego waiting for the car to pick me and take me to Dr. A. So excited!! I'll keep you informed. Daniebricker67 <ebricker67 > wrote: I just joined the group. I'm hoping to have the LapBand in late January. I'm open to any and all personal experiences with this procedure.

Never miss a thing. Make your homepage.

Guest guest

that is too funny!! No I actually brought one of my nursing buddies with me to care for me afterwards. For it has been over 10 yrs since my last flight and getting on a plane was nervous enough for me. She is from CA so she flies back and forth all the time so that took a lot of my stress and worries away!!! We too have airline stories from this trip that we will have to post once this is all over because being sleep deprived the day before and trying to function late at night when it is past midnight your time is like a state of euphoria!!! Yes the people in the airport last night probably thought damn how many drinks did those girls have on that plane!!! Talk to you later!!!peninsulahair <peninsulahair@...> wrote: Dani, congrats!! you will be in good hands!! :-) are you alone? because if you are dont worry, because they will tend to your every need. I have a funny story about being at the airport. I timed my plane times really close, because I hate waiting at airports. so I Timed the flight to come in minutes before the van was to pick us up. so My plane runs late (as they do a lot) and I get off the plane and I am a nervous wreck anyway. and there is no one to greet me! I started to panic. I was like "OMG this thing is a scam, there really isnt any Dr. A", or they left me and now my whole surgery is going to have to be postponed. All this horribly panicked thoughts came to my mind. and then I had my husband getting mad at

me "why did you do this, why did you schedule it so close, you messed this one up". he gets to be a real ass in stressful situations, one of the things that makes me want to strangle him sometimes! I really needed him to say "honey its going to be ok, dont panic, it will all work out". So, I called a friend who had been banded by dr. A and she got me Nina's number and I was able to call them and they called the van driver and he came back to get me. But he was already on his way back to Mexico. shew that was a close call! But I Finally made it to Mexico, but it was a close one! :-) so that is my airport story. hee hee :-) I can laugh now, but I wasnt laughing then.take care and keep us posted!! :-) You are in for a great experience, just soak it up! :-)> I just joined the group. I'm hoping to have the Lap Band in late > January. I'm open to any and all personal experiences with this > procedure.>

Guest guest

Hi everyone! I am back home from Mexico and I am doing really good. About the only uncomfortable pain is the left clavical which is normal but would like some suggestions on about how long it lasts or if there is something that I can do to get rid of it. Tried gas x but nothing and burping helps but for some reason I am having a heck of a time burping. Any suggestions!!l PS I would recommend Dr. A to anyone he and his staff was so great to me there words can not describe! Dani in MO Kristi Wallace <puffpuff60@...> wrote: Congrats and welcome to the land of the band! Kristi DOB 8/3/07 219/164/145Ms Ellis <ejdccsbcglobal (DOT) net> wrote: I too just joined a little while back. I'm from MO and this morning I sit in San Diego waiting for the car to pick me and take me to Dr. A. So excited!!

I'll keep you informed. Daniebricker67 <ebricker67 > wrote: I just joined the group. I'm hoping to have the LapBand in late January. I'm open to any and all personal experiences with this procedure. Never miss a thing. Make your homepage.

Guest guest

Hello, The best i can say is keep walking all that you can. The pain should subside. I was a lucky one. I only had pain after the ride back to the airport and the flight. Then just very little. What i know from others is to keep walking, and the gas x. You are on an awesome journey. Remember that this time is a time for healing, and you may tire easy, so don't push it. Also, this is not the "weight loss" time. Although it does occur. But let yourself heal and get ready for a fantastic ride. The best thing that i have ever done and Dr. A is the best. I have been back once for a fill in Aug and go in dec for another. Good luck! What part of Mo are you in?Ms Ellis <ejdcc@...> wrote: Hi everyone! I am back home from Mexico and I am doing really good. About the only uncomfortable pain is the left clavical which is normal but would like some suggestions on about how long it lasts or if there is something that I can do to get rid of it. Tried gas x but nothing and burping helps but for some reason I am having a heck of a time burping. Any

suggestions!!l PS I would recommend Dr. A to anyone he and his staff was so great to me there words can not describe! Dani in MO Kristi Wallace <puffpuff60 > wrote: Congrats and welcome to the land of the band! Kristi DOB 8/3/07 219/164/145Ms Ellis <ejdccsbcglobal (DOT) net> wrote: I too just joined a little while back. I'm from MO and this morning I sit in San Diego waiting for the car to pick me and take me to Dr.

A. So excited!! I'll keep you informed. Daniebricker67 <ebricker67 > wrote: I just joined the group. I'm hoping to have the LapBand in late January. I'm open to any and all personal experiences with this procedure. Never miss a thing. Make your homepage.

Be a better sports nut! Let your teams follow you with Mobile. Try it now.

Guest guest

Woo-hoo Dani we did it!!! I just got back yesterday from Mexacali and

the experience surpassed any expectations I may have had. he staff

was great...I still don't know the word for ice in spanish--but what

was more awesome was there were three other great people who had the

lap band surgery the same day. It was really a great bonding

experience that made the journey even more special.

The one thing I want to mention-I did go down by myself, is that I

did have a hard time finding any protein on the way back. I drank

water and ate ice on the flight but by the time I got to my home

airport I was very very hungry. Luckily I had thought to throw a

couple bottles of Isopure in the car beore I left to the airport so I

was able to get protein, but after a 13 hours of travel it was a bit

much.

I had reserved a room in a hotel near the airport prior to my trip,

so it was good to hit the sack after a long day.

When I left the hotel on my way home this morning, I noticed there

was a Burger King that had recently closed for business. Obvioulsy in

anticipqtion of losing all the money I have spent on double whoppers

with cheese over the years!!! :)

> I just joined the group. I'm hoping to have the LapBand in

late

> procedure.

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

> ---------------------------------

> Never miss a thing. Make your homepage.

>

Guest guest

Hi Dani, That left shoulder was a killer for me too! I could not burp either. What really helped for me was laying on a heating pad and going for short walks. For me the shoulder pain stuck around for a few weeks but week one was pretty bad. There is a nerve that runs up to your shoulder that can get irritated from the gases from surgery. Just stay on a heating pad and walk as much as possible. Take care! Missy Ms Ellis <ejdcc@...> wrote: Hi everyone! I am back home from Mexico and I am doing really good. About the only uncomfortable pain is the left clavical which is normal but would like some suggestions on about how long it lasts or if there is something that I can do to get rid of it. Tried gas x but nothing and burping helps but for some reason I am having a heck of a time burping. Any suggestions!!l PS I would recommend Dr. A to anyone he and his staff was so great to me there words can not describe! Dani in MO Kristi Wallace <puffpuff60 > wrote: Congrats and welcome to the land of the band! Kristi DOB 8/3/07 219/164/145Ms Ellis <ejdccsbcglobal (DOT) net> wrote: I too just joined a little while back. I'm from MO and this morning I sit in San Diego waiting for the car to pick me and take me to Dr. A. So excited!! I'll keep you informed. Daniebricker67 <ebricker67 > wrote: I just joined the

group. I'm hoping to have the LapBand in late January. I'm open to any and all personal experiences with this procedure. Never miss a thing. Make your homepage.

Guest guest

> I just joined the group. I'm hoping to have the LapBand in

late

> procedure.

>

>

Dani, my daughter and I will be going to see Dr. Aceves in January

to be banded. We live in MO also, near Kansas City. If you don't

mind me asking, in fact this questions could be for anyone, did

anyone close to you questions the ability of the hospital in the

event of complications?

I have convinced my husband that Dr. Aceves is very skilled, in fact

more skilled than many of the US surgeons, and that based off what I

have read from all of his patients, his care is most exceptional,

thus any complications would be noticed early on and resolved

immediately. My husband said he no longer questions the Doctor but

the quality of the hospital and the equipment available to him.

Thank you!

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

Guest guest

Wow, that is an " impressive " list of problems and many of them may be

related, as I hear from a lot of readers battling these same issues.

Dr. Devin Starlanyl wrote a book called " Fibromyalgia & Chronic

Myofascial Pain Syndrome: A Survival Manual. " It was one of the

first books I had about FMS/MPS, given to me by a friend. A lot of

Dr. Devin's information is online now if you want to look it up. She

herself has these conditions.

>

> hello, my name is LaNay i am 42 and i am from Michigan. I was dx

with

> fibro about 8 yrs ago. i have tryed lyrica,skelaxen(muscle relaxer)

also

> a few other meds. first they tried the injections to the trigger

> and also in my lower back as well. then we did the aqua therepy that

> helped some just kept me loosed up a little. then they did the

massage

> therepy i went to one that works with fibro pt. well they had to

stop

> that after a month i was worse then before i started. so for 5yrs

now i

> have been on pain meds methadone which i didnt wanna have to do

> but...its the only thing that gives me any relief. does anyone

happen to

> have myofacia? i am beginning to think i have that as well another

> friend has that and told me it sounds like i may. because i dont

have

> flare-ups i have it non-stop head to toe. my hips are getting worse

when

> sleeping i rotate like every half hour it seems. lol. i also have

some

> other things that can be relate with fibro. neropothy in my feet and

> legs,interstitial cystitis,carpal tunnel,mitral valve

prolapse,extreme

> dry eyes,meniers disease,IBS,RLS,depression and anxiety,bipolar,high

> blood pressure and i constantly was getting nose sores and my

tongue was

> soo sore i could barely eat at times. also i have RA arthritis and

> degenertive back. well i am soo sorry i have gave you all such a

huge

> laundry list the first post. keep it shorter next time. lol. but if

> anyone has myofacia please let me no. thankx. looking forword to

> chatting with you all. hey also wanna give a shout out to my

greatest

> freind since childhood she just joined your group. hi michelle!!

hugs

> to all, LaNay

>

Guest guest

Oh Yes LaNay, I have MPS. My massage therapist taught me in 1999 when I was diagnosed how to loosen the myofascia to relieve the pain. It sure has helped me. If you have ever heard of the term Rolfing, it is similar. By loosening the Myofascia you lesson the pain, caused by it. Sandie -- new to group hello, my name is LaNay i am 42 and i am from Michigan. I was dx with fibro about 8 yrs ago. i have tryed lyrica,skelaxen(muscle relaxer) also a few other meds. first they tried the injections to the trigger points and also in my lower back as well. then we did the aqua therepy that helped some just kept me loosed up a little. then they did the massage therepy i went to one that works with fibro pt. well they had to stop that after a month i was worse then before i started. so for 5yrs now i have been on pain meds methadone which i didnt wanna have to do but...its the only thing that gives me any relief. does anyone happen to have myofacia? i am beginning to think i have that as well another friend has that and told me it sounds like i may. because i dont have flare-ups i have it non-stop head to toe. my hips are getting worse when sleeping i rotate like every half hour it seems. lol. i also have some other things that can be relate with fibro. neropothy in my feet and legs,interstitial cystitis,carpal tunnel,mitral valve prolapse,extreme dry eyes,meniers disease,IBS,RLS,depression and anxiety,bipolar,high blood pressure and i constantly was getting nose sores and my tongue was soo sore i could barely eat at times. also i have RA arthritis and degenertive back. well i am soo sorry i have gave you all such a huge laundry list the first post. keep it shorter next time. lol. but if anyone has myofacia please let me no. thankx. looking forword to chatting with you all. hey also wanna give a shout out to my greatest freind since childhood she just joined your group. hi michelle!! hugs to all, LaNay Created by Sweet assembled by Sandie head prepared by Sweet Dec 2007

Guest guest

so exactly what is the difference between a tendor point in fibro and a trigger point in myofasical... thanks blessed be lizmemommy1947 <MEMOMMY1947@...> wrote: Oh Yes LaNay, I have MPS. My massage therapist taught me in 1999 when I was diagnosed how to loosen the myofascia to relieve the pain. It sure has helped me. If you have ever heard of the term Rolfing, it is similar. By loosening the Myofascia you lesson the pain, caused by it. Sandie -- new to group hello, my name is LaNay i am 42 and i am from Michigan. I was dx with fibro about 8 yrs ago. i have tryed lyrica,skelaxen(muscle relaxer)

also a few other meds. first they tried the injections to the trigger points and also in my lower back as well. then we did the aqua therepy that helped some just kept me loosed up a little. then they did the massage therepy i went to one that works with fibro pt. well they had to stop that after a month i was worse then before i started. so for 5yrs now i have been on pain meds methadone which i didnt wanna have to do but...its the only thing that gives me any relief. does anyone happen to have myofacia? i am beginning to think i have that as well another friend has that and told me it sounds like i may. because i dont have flare-ups i have it non-stop head to toe. my hips are getting worse when sleeping i rotate like every half hour it seems. lol. i also have some other things that can be relate with fibro. neropothy in my feet and legs,interstitial cystitis,carpal tunnel,mitral valve prolapse,extreme dry eyes,meniers disease,IBS,RLS,depression and

anxiety,bipolar,high blood pressure and i constantly was getting nose sores and my tongue was soo sore i could barely eat at times. also i have RA arthritis and degenertive back. well i am soo sorry i have gave you all such a huge laundry list the first post. keep it shorter next time. lol. but if anyone has myofacia please let me no. thankx. looking forword to chatting with you all. hey also wanna give a shout out to my greatest freind since childhood she just joined your group. hi michelle!! hugs to all, LaNay Created by Sweet assembled by Sandie head prepared by Sweet Dec 2007

Guest guest

A tender point just hurts, a trigger point hurts with referral pain to another area.

-- new to group

hello, my name is LaNay i am 42 and i am from Michigan. I was dx with fibro about 8 yrs ago i have tryed lyrica,skelaxen(muscle relaxer) also a few other meds. first they tried the injections to the trigger points and also in my lower back as well. then we did the aqua therepy that helped some just kept me loosed up a little. then they did the massage therepy i went to one that works with fibro pt. well they had to stop that after a month i was worse then before i started. so for 5yrs now i have been on pain meds methadone which i didnt wanna have to do but...its the only thing that gives me any relief. does anyone happen to have myofacia? i am beginning to think i have that as well another friend has that and told me it sounds like i may. because i dont have flare-ups i have it non-stop head to toe. my hips are getting worse when sleeping i rotate like every half hour it seems. lol. i also have some other things that can be relate with fibro. neropothy in my feet and legs,interstitial cystitis,carpal tunnel,mitral valve prolapse,extreme dry eyes,meniers disease,IBS,RLS,depression and anxiety,bipolar,high blood pressure and i constantly was getting nose sores and my tongue was soo sore i could barely eat at times. also i have RA arthritis and degenertive back. well i am soo sorry i have gave you all such a huge laundry list the first post. keep it shorter next time. lol. but if anyone has myofacia please let me no. thankx. looking forword to chatting with you all. hey also wanna give a shout out to my greatest freind since childhood she just joined your group. hi michelle!! hugs to all, LaNay

Created by Sweet

assembled by Sandie

head prepared by Sweet

Dec 2007

Guest guest

A tendar point in FMS is certain places that when 5mm of pressure is applied it causes extreme pain. 5mm is approx the weight of a nickel. A trigger point is where the pain radiates from. For example, you can be having pain in one place but the pain is actually caused by a muscle spasm in another place. Kind of like sciatic pain, it can go down your leg to your toes, but the origin of the pain is the back. I have had trigger points in my upper arm that when touched would cause pain in my jaw. Hope this is understandable. Tendar points are in specific areas only. Trigger points can be anywhere. Sandie -- new to group hello, my name is LaNay i am 42 and i am from Michigan. I was dx with fibro about 8 yrs ago. i have tryed lyrica,skelaxen(muscle relaxer) also a few other meds. first they tried the injections to the trigger points and also in my lower back as well. then we did the aqua therepy that helped some just kept me loosed up a little. then they did the massage therepy i went to one that works with fibro pt. well they had to stop that after a month i was worse then before i started. so for 5yrs now i have been on pain meds methadone which i didnt wanna have to do but...its the only thing that gives me any relief. does anyone happen to have myofacia? i am beginning to think i have that as well another friend has that and told me it sounds like i may. because i dont have flare-ups i have it non-stop head to toe. my hips are getting worse when sleeping i rotate like every half hour it seems. lol. i also have some other things that can be relate with fibro. neropothy in my feet and legs,interstitial cystitis,carpal tunnel,mitral valve prolapse,extreme dry eyes,meniers disease,IBS,RLS,depression and anxiety,bipolar,high blood pressure and i constantly was getting nose sores and my tongue was soo sore i could barely eat at times. also i have RA arthritis and degenertive back. well i am soo sorry i have gave you all such a huge laundry list the first post. keep it shorter next time. lol. but if anyone has myofacia please let me no. thankx. looking forword to chatting with you all. hey also wanna give a shout out to my greatest freind since childhood she just joined your group. hi michelle!! hugs to all, LaNay Created by Sweet assembled by Sandie head prepared by Sweet Dec 2007 Never miss a thing. Make your homepage. Created by Sweet assembled by Sandie head prepared by Sweet Dec 2007

Guest guest

http://www.sover.net/~devstar/TrPs_and_TPs.pdf

>

> Oh Yes LaNay, I have MPS. My massage therapist taught me in

1999 when I was diagnosed how to loosen the myofascia to relieve the

pain. It sure has helped me. If you have ever heard of the term

Rolfing, it is similar. By loosening the Myofascia you lesson the

pain, caused by it.

> Sandie

>

>

>

>

> -- new to group

>

>

> hello, my name is LaNay i am 42 and i am from Michigan. I

was dx with fibro about 8 yrs ago. i have tryed lyrica,skelaxen

(muscle relaxer) also a few other meds. first they tried the

injections to the trigger points and also in my lower back as well.

then we did the aqua therepy that helped some just kept me loosed up

a little. then they did the massage therepy i went to one that works

with fibro pt. well they had to stop that after a month i was worse

then before i started. so for 5yrs now i have been on pain meds

methadone which i didnt wanna have to do but...its the only thing

that gives me any relief. does anyone happen to have myofacia? i am

beginning to think i have that as well another friend has that and

told me it sounds like i may. because i dont have flare-ups i have

it non-stop head to toe. my hips are getting worse when sleeping i

rotate like every half hour it seems. lol. i also have some other

things that can be relate with fibro. neropothy in my feet

> and legs,interstitial cystitis,carpal tunnel,mitral valve

prolapse,extreme dry eyes,meniers disease,IBS,RLS,depression and

anxiety,bipolar,high blood pressure and i constantly was getting

nose sores and my tongue was soo sore i could barely eat at times.

also i have RA arthritis and degenertive back. well i am soo sorry i

have gave you all such a huge laundry list the first post. keep it

shorter next time. lol. but if anyone has myofacia please let me no.

thankx. looking forword to chatting with you all. hey also wanna

give a shout out to my greatest freind since childhood she just

joined your group. hi michelle!! hugs to all, LaNay

>

>

> Created by Sweet

> assembled by Sandie

> head prepared by Sweet

> Dec 2007

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

Guest guest

18 TENDER points with fm, check link below:

http://pinksunrise.com/mta/williamson.htm

myofascial trigger points can be massaged and pain relieved, see

chart below

http://www.aafp.org/afp/20020215/653.html

>

> hello, my name is LaNay i am 42 and i am from Michigan. I was dx

with

> fibro about 8 yrs ago. i have tryed lyrica,skelaxen(muscle

relaxer) also

> a few other meds. first they tried the injections to the trigger

> and also in my lower back as well. then we did the aqua therepy

that

> helped some just kept me loosed up a little. then they did the

massage

> therepy i went to one that works with fibro pt. well they had to

stop

> that after a month i was worse then before i started. so for 5yrs

now i

> have been on pain meds methadone which i didnt wanna have to do

> but...its the only thing that gives me any relief. does anyone

happen to

> have myofacia? i am beginning to think i have that as well another

> friend has that and told me it sounds like i may. because i dont

have

> flare-ups i have it non-stop head to toe. my hips are getting

worse when

> sleeping i rotate like every half hour it seems. lol. i also have

some

> other things that can be relate with fibro. neropothy in my feet

and

> legs,interstitial cystitis,carpal tunnel,mitral valve

prolapse,extreme

> dry eyes,meniers disease,IBS,RLS,depression and

anxiety,bipolar,high

> blood pressure and i constantly was getting nose sores and my

tongue was

> soo sore i could barely eat at times. also i have RA arthritis and

> degenertive back. well i am soo sorry i have gave you all such a

huge

> laundry list the first post. keep it shorter next time. lol. but if

> anyone has myofacia please let me no. thankx. looking forword to

> chatting with you all. hey also wanna give a shout out to my

greatest

> freind since childhood she just joined your group. hi michelle!!

hugs

> to all, LaNay

>

Guest guest

excellent.. thank you much... this explains some of symptoms and such of life... interesting indeed... again, thanks everyone blessed be liz <cindyinmd55@...> wrote: http://www.sover.net/~devstar/TrPs_and_TPs.pdf--- In dominie , Gamble <eagamble@...> wrote:>> so exactly what is the difference between a

tendor point in fibro and a trigger point in myofasical... > > thanks> blessed be> liz> > memommy1947 <MEMOMMY1947@...> wrote:> > Oh Yes LaNay, I have MPS. My massage therapist taught me in 1999 when I was diagnosed how to loosen the myofascia to relieve the pain. It sure has helped me. If you have ever heard of the term Rolfing, it is similar. By loosening the Myofascia you lesson the pain, caused by it.> Sandie > > > > > -- new to group> > > hello, my name is LaNay i am 42 and i am from Michigan. I was dx with fibro about 8 yrs ago. i have tryed lyrica,skelaxen(muscle relaxer) also a few other meds.

first they tried the injections to the trigger points and also in my lower back as well. then we did the aqua therepy that helped some just kept me loosed up a little. then they did the massage therepy i went to one that works with fibro pt. well they had to stop that after a month i was worse then before i started. so for 5yrs now i have been on pain meds methadone which i didnt wanna have to do but...its the only thing that gives me any relief. does anyone happen to have myofacia? i am beginning to think i have that as well another friend has that and told me it sounds like i may. because i dont have flare-ups i have it non-stop head to toe. my hips are getting worse when sleeping i rotate like every half hour it seems. lol. i also have some other things that can be relate with fibro. neropothy in my feet> and legs,interstitial cystitis,carpal tunnel,mitral valve prolapse,extreme dry eyes,meniers

disease,IBS,RLS,depression and anxiety,bipolar,high blood pressure and i constantly was getting nose sores and my tongue was soo sore i could barely eat at times. also i have RA arthritis and degenertive back. well i am soo sorry i have gave you all such a huge laundry list the first post. keep it shorter next time. lol. but if anyone has myofacia please let me no. thankx. looking forword to chatting with you all. hey also wanna give a shout out to my greatest freind since childhood she just joined your group. hi michelle!! hugs to all, LaNay > > > Created by Sweet > assembled by Sandie> head prepared by Sweet > Dec 2007 > > > > > > > ---------------------------------> Never miss a thing. Make your homepage.>

Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Search.

Guest guest

Hi, I have a daughter w/bilaterals age four and my son is six and can

only have one due to malformations of the ear. I'll tell you what I

tell most...what I observed immediately w/my daughter after her

second operation, who had one implant for exactly a year before she

got number two in April, she could hear much easier in the car. I

didn't have to turn my head dangerously away from the road while

driving for her, just my son. I seat him on the opposite side so I

can turn to the right a bit and my voice will carry back to his left

sided implant. My daughter can understand me when I face forward

despite having less hearing experience than her older brother. Next I

noticed that not only outside but inside in noise, grocery stores,

everywhere actually, the sounds come to her whereas my son still goes

to the sounds. In other words, he has to search for the source of

sound and she doesn't even look up half the time, she just knows. We

play hide and seek in the house and he had a terrible time figuring

out where our vocal clues are coming from and she can seek us out

when we make our sounds. This is just a listening game we play often

to keep them in practice of locating sounds. hope this helps, p.s. if

I could get my little boy number two safely, I would in a heartbeat...

Val

www.deafkidscanhear.blogspot.com

Guest guest

Hi Dawn, welcome to our group!! Good luck on your journey of weight loss!

in WADelicious ideas to please the pickiest eaters. Watch the video on AOL Living.

Guest guest

Hi ,

A good place to start, assuming you are in the U.S., would be to contact

the CFIDS Association of America, PO Box 220398, Charlotte, NC

28222-0398. Phone: 704-365-2343 Website: www.cfids.org You might

want to ask them to send you patient information and also give them your

doctor's name and address and ask them to send him/her doctor's

information. You can get a lot of information from their website.

Good luck.

hunterds5601 wrote:

>

> Can somebody help me. I'm almost positive I suffer from chronic fatigue

> syndrome. How do I go about talking to my Dr. about possible treatment.

> My life has been going down hill with all my symptoms.

> Thank you so much

>

>

>

Guest guest

Hi ,

I hope that you don't have CFS. I would first explore other causes

for your your problems and read up on CFS. Reading this list and

doing searches for the specific problems you are having will give you

plenty of reading to do, as will doing a Google search for CFS.

I also suggest that if you are going to tell a doctor that you think

you have CFS, you should find one who knows something about this

illness, who believes that it is a real illness, and who is willing

to treat patients for it. If you tell most doctors you think that

you have CFS, they will dismiss you as a hypochondriac or a person

with other psychological problems, which is a waste of your time and

money and will delay your getting real help.

I suggested exploring other causes for your problems first because

being diagnosed with CFS is not a solution for most people. There

are not many effective treatments for CFS and everyone is different

in what symptoms they have and what treatments they respond to.

If your activity level (physical and mental) is causing your symptoms

to worsen, do whatever you can to reduce your activity level. You

are much more likely to regain your health if you get help early on

and don't work yourself into a deep hole.

Ask any questions you like here, such as if there is a good CFS

doctor near you or for help with specific symptoms, there are a lot

of knowledgeable people here. I hope you're well soon.

Tom

Guest guest

Hi everyone,

Not really new to the group but haven't posted in probably a year. Am a

survivor of 23 1/2 years, and moved to Connecticut a few years back from

Illinois, where I was actually getting better treatment, though of course I

didn't

know that until I was already out here (and now ME/CFS treatment in Illinois

seems like it got better around when I left anyway- of course!).

I cannot find a doctor to treat this disease in this state. Was traveling

out of state for about 2 or 3 years, but insurance naturally put an end to

that. I got better, though there were issues with that doctor (mostly his

staff). I have gone into a very, very serious relapse and in the last year and

a

half have also been diagnosed with asthma, which is wreaking havoc on my

body. My lips are going blue so often my one doctor wants me to see a

cardiopulmonary specialist. My problem with this- Connecticut doctors are so

speciali

zed, No money. And etc.

Is there anyone out there, please, who knows a doctor in Connecticut who can

treat me, and preferably one internist or maybe two doctors. Even when I go

to one who allegedly knows something of the disease, I end up getting a

million blood tests, my thyroid meds have been messed with so much I've gained

pounds in about 4 months and no one here seems to care. I don't see how I

am going to be able to keep pushing myself when I'm getting unable to breathe

for 6 months of every year. And now I'm back to no sleep in about 3 days,

and having to go back on a tricyclic, which is really helpful when you're

gaining weight exponentially. Not to mention an unrelated arthritic condition

in

my knees, which can't take this weight much longer or I'll literally be

wheelchair bound.

Please, please- anyone who knows of any doctor in this state- or maybe

Massachusetts, I'm closer to that now that New York, begging for help as I slip

under the grip of this disease again.

**************Ideas to please picky eaters. Watch video on AOL Living.

(http://living.aol.com/video/how-to-please-your-picky-eater/rachel-campos-duffy/

2050827?NCID=aolcmp00300000002598)