August. My doctor just recently prescribed me methotrexate. When I

ask if it is possible that I am a chronic case he just tells me that he

hopes that I am not. I think besides the time line that the different

medication changes over the time line might be how a doctor considers a

case chronic or not. I don't know for sure but that is what I am

guessing.

Barbara

Guest guest

In a message dated 3/27/2007 7:53:37 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time, 1mdnelson@... writes:

Hi Everyone! I am new to this group, my name is Deb.

Hi Deb and welcome!! Visit often, you will get great support and motivation/encouragement.

I was reading your email... Yeah for you!! I have been abstinent from sugar for about 4 weeks now and I hardly see the scale budge at all.

Me? Little ol' me? (( shrugs, looking around the room LOL ))

I have gone from 240 to this morning 235. That was this morning, its just for years it seems to stay between 240-235 or maybe 230. I get discouraged when the scale hardly moves but, I am still plugging along.

Good for you!! Yay on 5 lbs budging finally for you!! I think that last comment is the key "still plugging along"

What are you doing to get the scale to move? I'm thinking I should stay away from the scale they do not seem to be my friend...:) Any light anyone can shed would be great!

For me, I would say consistency - definitely not perfection. I have been "doing this" for 2.5 years and "only" lost 30 lbs (til I weigh this week)

I "eat when hungry" and "stop when satisfied" and make healthier eating choices when I do eat. Definitely not perfect, like I said. If I want chocolate or pizza, I try not to deny it, because that just sets me up for the binge.

Water and exercise have helped a lot also. Take measurements. I had an 8 week plateau last summer (I think LOL, could have been the summer before) and the scale didn't budge, but the inches were going down.

Hang in there. Like FLY Lady says, consistency not perfection (hey, I think wrote a message of the day about consistency also)

Nice to meet you,

AOL now offers free email to everyone. Find out more about what's free from AOL at AOL.com.

Guest guest

Thanks Barbara,

I too wonder if his will be chronic. His doctor is not committing

yet... I just feel that this disease has taken so much from him.

>

> Hi

>

> This seems to be the very same question that I continue to ask my

> doctor since I have been diagnosed and treated for Reiter's since last

> August.

Guest guest

>

> Hi Everyone! I am new to this group, my name is Deb.

Welcome to the group Deb! Congrats on being off sugar for so long! I

don't think I could do it! Keep up the great work!

a

Guest guest

Hey Deb!

Welcome to the group!

I'm Kim in Texas.

I also am no-sugar and it's been for 4-weeks for me too. In addition to no sugar, I can't eat fruit, dairy, or other carbs (like breads). I'm pretty strict about keeping my diet to only meat & veggies. I have a problem with Systemic Yeast (Candida) that motivates me to adhere to this limited diet. The bonus is I lose weight, get to eat until I'm full, and have completely done away with my sugar/sweet /junkfood cravings. Are you on a specific weightloss plan that restricts your sugar or have you just stopped eating it?

For me, the scale can become an obscession. I can get quite down if I haven't lost as much weight as I had hoped. So..... I only weigh myself once every-other-week or so. This usually shows positive results, not any backward progression. LOL!

Are you exercising? Daily exercise can help with the weightloss numbers. It can regulate your metabolism and even get you over a plateau if needed.

So glad you found our group.

warmly,

Kim

In a message dated 3/27/07 9:53:37 PM, 1mdnelson@... writes:

Hi Everyone! I am new to this group, my name is Deb. I was

reading your email... Yeah for you!! I have been abstinent from sugar

for about 4 weeks now and I hardly see the scale budge at all. I have

gone from 240 to this morning 235. That was this morning, its just for

years it seems to stay between 240-235 or maybe 230. I get

discouraged when the scale hardly moves but, I am still plugging

along.

What are you doing to get the scale to move? I'm thinking I should

stay away from the scale they do not seem to be my friend...:) Any

light anyone can shed would be great!

Thank you for listening..

Deb

************************************** See what's free at http://www.aol.com.

Guest guest

> Hi Everyone!

Hi, Deb!

>I have been abstinent from sugar for about 4 weeks now

Congrats! That stuff is so addictive it should be illegal! Be careful with stuff like white flour and white rice - that's almost as bad as the pure white stuff.

> and I hardly see the scale budge at all.

You may be eating other foods to make up for the sweets not eaten. If you're replacing sugar with fats for the flavor, remember they have more than twice the amount of calories.

I have > gone from 240 to this morning 235.

5 pounds in one month isn't bad at all!

That was this morning, its just for > years it seems to stay between 240-235 or maybe 230.

I stayed for ages between 270 and 280, going up and down multiple times. I last saw 250 in 2001 but immediately went right back to 270. The last time before that when I saw 250 was right after my kid was born almost 24 years ago. I recently got myself back up to 285, but as of this morning I'm back in the 270's at 279. I'm hoping to be way down to 250 by my birthday in October, but even if I'm only *in* the 250's by then I'll be jumping for joy!

I get > discouraged when the scale hardly moves but, I am still plugging > along.

Welcome to my life! LOL

> What are you doing to get the scale to move?

For me it was getting away from not just the sugar again, but going back to vegan foods, getting dairy-free. I did it mainly for medical reasons but I'm surprised at how fast the scale is reacting, too.

> I'm thinking I should > stay away from the scale they do not seem to be my friend...:) Any > light anyone can shed would be great!

Here's what one woman named JeanC did with *her* scale:

http://photos.bravenet.com/378/699/380/4/journal/phonecam_large.jpg

She did this a few years ago in honor of International No Diet Day (May 6).

Guest guest

Hi Kim! I go to OA (overeaters anonymous) so I am a compulsive overeater. I am not eating sugar because, I can start bingeing on certain foods...Like certain cookies I could eat the whole bag or box. Lucky Charms cereal not one bowl would be enough at least 5 huge bowls so on... I feel so much better, I'm not in the food fog or sugar fog. I do have a few snacks that are sugar free and I do eat fruit. I have a sponsor, I commit daily that I will stay abstinent from big sugar, limit my snack to one piece of fruit and one sugar free item. Last Sunday I got on the scale and the scale didn't move down far enough for me. I think I set my sights to high. So for now, I am going to use my wedding bands as my scale. It is a constant reminder for me, and I don't have to see a number. Then I won't have the negative

thoughts I get with the scale(who is not my friend). :) I love reading these post, I get post from 2 other groups. But, these 100-plus have been wonderful!! Great inspirations! Keep up the good work, I look forward to hearing from you. Have a great day! Deb from Indianamoonmomie@... wrote: Hey Deb!Welcome to the

group!I'm Kim in Texas.I also am no-sugar and it's been for 4-weeks for me too. In addition to no sugar, I can't eat fruit, dairy, or other carbs (like breads). I'm pretty strict about keeping my diet to only meat & veggies. I have a problem with Systemic Yeast (Candida) that motivates me to adhere to this limited diet. The bonus is I lose weight, get to eat until I'm full, and have completely done away with my sugar/sweet /junkfood cravings. Are you on a specific weightloss plan that restricts your sugar or have you just stopped eating it? For me, the scale can become an obscession. I can get quite down if I haven't lost as much weight as I had hoped. So..... I only weigh myself once every-other-week or so. This usually shows positive results, not any backward progression. LOL!Are you exercising? Daily exercise can help with the weightloss numbers. It can regulate your metabolism and even get you over a plateau if needed. So

glad you found our group.warmly,KimIn a message dated 3/27/07 9:53:37 PM, 1mdnelsonsbcglobal (DOT) net writes: Hi Everyone! I am new to this group, my name is Deb. I wasreading your email... Yeah for you!! I have been abstinent from sugarfor about 4 weeks now and I hardly see the scale budge at all. I havegone from 240 to this morning 235. That was this morning, its just foryears it seems to stay between 240-235 or maybe 230. I getdiscouraged when the scale hardly moves but, I am still pluggingalong.What are you doing to get the scale to move? I'm thinking I shouldstay away from the scale they do not seem to be my friend...:) Anylight anyone can shed would be great!Thank you for

listening..Deb**************************************See what's free at http://www.aol.com. Deb Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding: in all your ways acknowledge Him and He will make your paths straight. Proverbs 3: 5-6

Guest guest

Hey Deb!

Welcome to the group!

I'm Kim in Texas.

I also am no-sugar and it's been for 4-weeks for me too. In addition

to no sugar, I can't eat fruit, dairy, or other carbs (like breads).

I'm pretty strict about keeping my diet to only meat & veggies. I have

a problem with Systemic Yeast (Candida) that motivates me to adhere

to this limited diet. The bonus is I lose weight, get to eat until I'm

full, and have completely done away with my sugar/sweet /junkfood

cravings. Are you on a specific weightloss plan that restricts your

sugar or have you just stopped eating it?

For me, the scale can become an obscession. I can get quite down if I

haven't lost as much weight as I had hoped. So..... I only weigh

myself once every-other-week or so. This usually shows positive

results, not any backward progression. LOL!

Are you exercising? Daily exercise can help with the weightloss

numbers. It can regulate your metabolism and even get you over a

plateau if needed.

warmly,

Kim

along.

Deb

Guest guest

Hey Deb!

Welcome to the group!

I'm Kim in Texas.

I also am no-sugar and it's been for 4-weeks for me too. In addition

to no sugar, I can't eat fruit, dairy, or other carbs (like breads).

I'm pretty strict about keeping my diet to only meat & veggies. I have

a problem with Systemic Yeast (Candida) that motivates me to adhere

to this limited diet. The bonus is I lose weight, get to eat until I'm

full, and have completely done away with my sugar/sweet /junkfood

cravings. Are you on a specific weightloss plan that restricts your

sugar or have you just stopped eating it?

For me, the scale can become an obscession. I can get quite down if I

haven't lost as much weight as I had hoped. So..... I only weigh

myself once every-other-week or so. This usually shows positive

results, not any backward progression. LOL!

Are you exercising? Daily exercise can help with the weightloss

numbers. It can regulate your metabolism and even get you over a

plateau if needed.

warmly,

Kim

along.

Deb

Guest guest

I have a pair of shorts and a shirt that I want to get in before summer so I am using that as well. The shorts actually fit but only if I was going on Jerry Springer.

Robin :-)

Guest guest

ROFLMAO!!!! I too have some clothes that need only be seen on The

Jerry Springer Show. hehehehehehe I am determined that they will fit

correctly this Summer! Nothing will be hanging out of them in the

wrong places.

warmly,

Kim

On 3/29/07, Robin Calhoun <croppinrobin711@...> wrote:

>

> I have a pair of shorts and a shirt that I want to get in before summer so I

> am using that as well. The shorts actually fit but only if I was going on

> Jerry Springer.

> Robin :-)

>

Guest guest

Hi ! Hope you enjoy this group-there is so much good info. here.My name is & I'm a single mom to 3 boys..two live with me..(22)who has Down Syndrome & agressive behavior issues(which don't happen often thank goodness)~I care for him daily..he used to be in school but graduated from Briarwood State School in June,'06.Also living at home is (12) who is a big help to me & .My middle son,Kasey will be 15,April 24 & lives with his dad in Oklahoma. I also clean 2 homes bi-weekly..we live in a small town south of Kansas City,Missouri. If you ever need somebody to talk,I am here.I'm able to get online a lot so don't hesitate to email me anytime. Take care! Hugs, aka melly66@...mattybug06 <mattybug06@...> wrote: Hi everyone!I wanted to introduce ourselves and say how lucky we feel to have stumbled across this group! :)I am and my husband is . We have two children, (age 4) and (age 1). has both Down syndrome and West Syndrome. has GER and is being treated for that, but after reading some of the posts lately I do not think that his treatment is working very well........ he is constantly coughing, has goop in his nose and goop that comes out his eyes (in relation to the goop in the nose/throat). is quite the little trooper ---he has had to re-learn everything that he had mastered from birth to 6 months old (when we finally got the Infantile Spasm diagnosis

and treatment) and is just about caught up with it all!Anyway.... we are excited to be here!Mommy to 4, and 1, Down syndrome and West Syndrome lrg-1701-oz-diary-ran-blupdv-0016.jpg

Guest guest

Hi . Welcome to the group. Can you tell us a little more about

your self such as what tests you would like to order and what state

you live in? Carol B (I've used healthcheckusa.com and doctors date

lab on my own)

>

> Hello everyone,

>

> I've looked around in the different areas of this site and can say

> that I'm impressed with the amount of information that has been

> gathered. Great job!

>

> I've recently had some health issues come to my attention about the

> lack and/or resistance of proper testing for hormones problems from

> my GP and the restrictive HMO guidelines in that area. Has anyone

> else had these problems? What did you do to get the tests performed?

>

> I was told that there was recent changes in state law that

prohibits

> someone from ordering tests from out of state and having blood

drawn

> locately without a locate doctors orders. Certains labs are

insisting

> on following this law and are not wanting to perform test even for

> there own products. First hand experience here. Does anyone know

> where I can find that legistalation.

>

> May you find peace and happiness in everything you do.

>

>

>

Guest guest

Hi Carol,

Yes, I'm famaliar with those companies. I had a 24 hr. cortisol test done this last Dec. and the company http://www.zrtlab.com/Page.aspx?nid=389 that did the testing of their own product put up a lot of guff about having my order for the test from online thru a doctor that was out of state. No mention to exactly what law they were refering too.

At the same time I got a comprehensive set of tests from Healthcheck.usa and had some trouble with finding the right lab to send the drawn blood too. I wound up having to have some of the tests redone. The lab. that I went to local in order to have my blood draw were bakking at drawing my blood because the tests were from a company outside the state.

Now, I'm having problem getting my GP here in california to do testing to verify if anything is still wrong. I'm trying get him to order a comprehensive set of hormone tests and send me to see an endocrinologist and he is very resistant to that idea. I've complained to the HMO and my insurance company about his behavior and I'm waiting for their response.

I'm really started to believe that docotrs don't want people getting better, when they put up so much resistance to proper testing.

How long ago did you use those companies to order your tests and where do you live?

May you find peace and happiness in everything you do.

> >> > Hello everyone,> > > > I've looked around in the different areas of this site and can say > > that I'm impressed with the amount of information that has been > > gathered. Great job!> > > > I've recently had some health issues come to my attention about the > > lack and/or resistance of proper testing for hormones problems from > > my GP and the restrictive HMO guidelines in that area. Has anyone > > else had these problems? What did you do to get the tests performed?> > > > I was told that there was recent changes in state law that > prohibits > > someone from ordering tests from out of state and having blood > drawn > > locately without a locate doctors orders. Certains labs are > insisting > > on following this law and are not wanting to perform test even for > > there own products. First hand experience here. Does anyone know > > where I can find that legistalation.> > > > May you find peace and happiness in everything you do.> > > > > >>

Guest guest

Hi . I am in Calif. I have GIVEN up on doctors and do everything

on my own. Somethings I can't do like the tests that from the

hypo pit group wanted me to order. At one time they had outlawed

healthcheck from Calif. They are now back in and I used them within the

past year to do thyroid testing. Just join groups that understand how

to read the tests and find sources for meds (we don't post them) and

self treat. Maybe if you posted your symptoms someone could help you

more. I know how frustrating it is. I will be 58 in June and my

problems started at birth. BW, Carol B

I'm really started to believe that docotrs don't want people getting

> better, when they put up so much resistance to proper testing.

>

> How long ago did you use those companies to order your tests and where

> do you live?

>

> May you find peace and happiness in everything you do.

>

>

>

Guest guest

Welcome ! This is a wonderful place filled with friendly and

helpful people. I have to say I lucked out Dr. A was the first

surgeon I researched in MX and I was so impressed that I stopped

looking and booked my surgery. He is very accomplished and does each

of these surgeries himself. His staff is phenomenal, everyone you

come in contact is professional, curteous, helpful and friendly. My

paparents went down with me and a month later my dad is still

commenting on how I found such a wonderful doctor and facility. You

will not be disappointed if you decide on Dr. A.

Nadine

DOB 3/24/07

362(357)346/326/150

>

> Hi everyone. I'm new to this group and this is actually my first

> post. I know everyone here loves Dr. Aceves, but I was wondering

what

> people have heard about in Acuna? So far I've heard

> only beaming reports on both of them. I'm getting banded in May and

> am down to one of those two so any feedback would be quite

appreciated.

>

> Thanks!

> in NC

>

Guest guest

Hi :

It's late on Friday night so here's a response to your posting. I had the

same response from my family especially my two sisters who are nurses; why

do you want to go down there? It's dirty, what if you develop an infection,

no doctors up here will take a look at you if you get your surgery done down

there?

So I went down for a look myself with two other great ladies that have

gotten their bands done down in Mexico. I was so impressed with these two

and their success stories as well as the CLEANLINESS AND CARINGNESS of the

staff at the hospital that I have since booked my Lapband Surgery date for

May 17, 2007. I had also worked in the healthcare field for fifteen years

so seeing is believing and now I am truly a believer.

The best advice is do what's right for you, follow your heart and to show

them this posting board.

Best Regards,

Mardy

>From: " andreacurley9799 " <andreacurley9799@...>

>Reply-

>

>Subject: New to group

>Date: Sat, 21 Apr 2007 05:14:48 -0000

>

>I don't have a lot of support from my family or friends on having the

>lap band done. Especially in Mexico. I'm probably not even going to

>tell anyone in my family when I go down to have it done. I've always

>had to be a self sufficient person, not by choice but by necessity.

>Do you think it's possible to have this procedure done and do o.k.

>without alot of encouragement? My two biggest supporters are my

>children. My 10 year old son is very athletic and he is my

>inspiration. My 8 year old is my heart and is my motivator. I feel

>like with them by my side I can accomplish anything and I don't

>really need anyone else's approval. At the same time they are just

>kids and I don't know how physically demanding this will be and if

>they will suffer any at all because of it. Example: Am I going to be

>sick alot(throwing up)? Will I be able to resume normal tasks

>immediately? When I get fills will that incapacitate me again for a

>day or two? I have a friend that had a gastric bypass done and she

>has encouraged me to have the lap band done but is very scared about

>Mexico. I don't understand the stigma. Some of the most beautiful

>resorts on earth are in Mexico. They think they can build multi

>million dollar resorts but can't put a hospital up that has state of

>the art facilities? And it makes me feel really good that my family

>and friends have that much faith in me to think that I wouldn't

>thoroughly research the Doctor and the Hospital before I put my life

>in their hands. Well I've gone all over the place here I'm really

>nervous. I know I'm going to do this I'm just trying to get more

>information. Anything anyone can tell me will help.

>Thanks, this is cheaper than a shrink! Ha!Ha!

>

>

MSN is giving away a trip to Vegas to see Elton .  Enter to win today.

http://msnconcertcontest.com?icid-nceltontagline

Guest guest

-I am scheduled to have the surgery on May 19, 2007 and I am not telling my parents that i am having the surgery. I told 3 close friends, and I know that support from 3 strong people who i care about is going to be enough. You have your two children, who love you more than life, they will be there to help you emotionally, and you can use this group for your informal support and questions. I have been trying to find negatives of going to Mexico with Dr. A and I cant find anything I dont like. Find strength in this online community.I hope this helps at all, Holdenandreacurley9799 <andreacurley9799@...> wrote: I don't have a lot of support from my family or friends on having the lap band done. Especially in Mexico. I'm probably not even going to tell anyone in my family when I go down to have it done. I've always had to be a self sufficient person, not by choice but by necessity. Do you think it's possible to have this procedure done and do o.k. without alot of encouragement? My two biggest supporters are my children. My 10 year old son is very athletic and he is my inspiration. My 8 year old is my heart and is my motivator. I feel like with them by my side I can accomplish anything and I don't really need anyone else's approval. At the same time they are just kids and I don't know how physically demanding this will be and if they will suffer any at all because of it. Example: Am I going to be sick

alot(throwing up)? Will I be able to resume normal tasks immediately? When I get fills will that incapacitate me again for a day or two? I have a friend that had a gastric bypass done and she has encouraged me to have the lap band done but is very scared about Mexico. I don't understand the stigma. Some of the most beautiful resorts on earth are in Mexico. They think they can build multi million dollar resorts but can't put a hospital up that has state of the art facilities? And it makes me feel really good that my family and friends have that much faith in me to think that I wouldn't thoroughly research the Doctor and the Hospital before I put my life in their hands. Well I've gone all over the place here I'm really nervous. I know I'm going to do this I'm just trying to get more information. Anything anyone can tell me will help. Thanks, this is cheaper than a shrink! Ha!Ha! Holden Slusher

Ahhh...imagining that irresistible "new car" smell? Check out

new cars at Autos.

Guest guest

Kelli,

I couldn't get anything other than your Blog page to come up. No info

just the heading and the border. Check it out and see if you get

different results then let me know.

Thanks,

> >

> > I don't have a lot of support from my family or friends on having

> the

> > lap band done. Especially in Mexico. I'm probably not even going

> to

> > tell anyone in my family when I go down to have it done. I've

> always

> > had to be a self sufficient person, not by choice but by

> necessity.

> > Do you think it's possible to have this procedure done and do

o.k.

> > without alot of encouragement? My two biggest supporters are my

> > children. My 10 year old son is very athletic and he is my

> > inspiration. My 8 year old is my heart and is my motivator. I

feel

> > like with them by my side I can accomplish anything and I don't

> > really need anyone else's approval. At the same time they are

just

> > kids and I don't know how physically demanding this will be and

if

> > they will suffer any at all because of it. Example: Am I going to

> be

> > sick alot(throwing up)? Will I be able to resume normal tasks

> > immediately? When I get fills will that incapacitate me again for

> a

> > day or two? I have a friend that had a gastric bypass done and

she

> > has encouraged me to have the lap band done but is very scared

> about

> > Mexico. I don't understand the stigma. Some of the most beautiful

> > resorts on earth are in Mexico. They think they can build multi

> > million dollar resorts but can't put a hospital up that has state

> of

> > the art facilities? And it makes me feel really good that my

> family

> > and friends have that much faith in me to think that I wouldn't

> > thoroughly research the Doctor and the Hospital before I put my

> life

> > in their hands. Well I've gone all over the place here I'm really

> > nervous. I know I'm going to do this I'm just trying to get more

> > information. Anything anyone can tell me will help.

> > Thanks, this is cheaper than a shrink! Ha!Ha!

> >

> >

>

Guest guest

Hi and Welcome.

We are here to support you. As far as being there for you kids. It wont be a

problem. You will just be a little sore after and then you are fine. There are a

few reasons you throw up is because you have not chewed well, ate to fast and

sometimes it just does not agree with you. I have been banded for 10 months. I

have thrown up (pb'd) maybe 5 times. All my own fault. It is not like regular

vomiting. It is usually one time and you get relief. The food that is stuck

comes out the way it went in, no acids. The band will give you your life back

not take you from your family. As far as a fill. It is a painless injection of

saline. The actual fill takes seconds. It might take 10 minutes just to make

sure you have proper restriction. The only thing that will change after you get

a fill is your diet. You have to take things slowly in order to adjust to your

new restriction.

Best of Luck.

Kira

---- andreacurley9799 <andreacurley9799@...> wrote:

> I don't have a lot of support from my family or friends on having the

> lap band done. Especially in Mexico. I'm probably not even going to

> tell anyone in my family when I go down to have it done. I've always

> had to be a self sufficient person, not by choice but by necessity.

> Do you think it's possible to have this procedure done and do o.k.

> without alot of encouragement? My two biggest supporters are my

> children. My 10 year old son is very athletic and he is my

> inspiration. My 8 year old is my heart and is my motivator. I feel

> like with them by my side I can accomplish anything and I don't

> really need anyone else's approval. At the same time they are just

> kids and I don't know how physically demanding this will be and if

> they will suffer any at all because of it. Example: Am I going to be

> sick alot(throwing up)? Will I be able to resume normal tasks

> immediately? When I get fills will that incapacitate me again for a

> day or two? I have a friend that had a gastric bypass done and she

> has encouraged me to have the lap band done but is very scared about

> Mexico. I don't understand the stigma. Some of the most beautiful

> resorts on earth are in Mexico. They think they can build multi

> million dollar resorts but can't put a hospital up that has state of

> the art facilities? And it makes me feel really good that my family

> and friends have that much faith in me to think that I wouldn't

> thoroughly research the Doctor and the Hospital before I put my life

> in their hands. Well I've gone all over the place here I'm really

> nervous. I know I'm going to do this I'm just trying to get more

> information. Anything anyone can tell me will help.

> Thanks, this is cheaper than a shrink! Ha!Ha!

>

>

Guest guest

Hey Shirley, I'm near Charlotte, NC. Yikes! Punctured your tubing on

purpose?? How did you know it was intentional? Man if I thought

someone did that, I would be HOT!

in NC

Guest guest

Mardy, I'm so happy for you! Tell your sisters how many nurses & other professionals have gone to Mexico to have this done and have nothing but positive things to say. I am one of them and couldn't have hand picked a better surgeon!

Dana

--------- New to group > >Date: Sat, 21 Apr 2007 05:14:48 -0000 > > > >I don't have a lot of support from my family or friends on having the > >lap band done. Especially in Mexico. I'm probably not even going to > >tell anyone in my family when I go down to have it done. I've always > >had to be a self sufficient person, not by choice but by necessity. > >Do you think it's possible to have this procedure done and do o.k. > >without alot of encouragement? My two biggest supporters are my > >children. My 10 year old son is very athletic and he is my > >inspiration. My 8 year old is my heart and is my motivator. I feel > >like with them by my side I can accomplish anything and I don't > >really need anyone else's approval. At the same time they are just > >kids and I don't know how physically demanding this will be and if > >they will suffer any at all because of it. Example: Am I going to be > >sick alot(throwing up)? Will I be able to resume normal tasks > >immediately? When I get fills will that incapacitate me again for a > >day or two? I have a friend that had a gastric bypass done and she > >has encouraged me to have the lap band done but is very scared about > >Mexico. I don't understand the stigma. Some of the most beautiful > >resorts on earth are in Mexico. They t

hink they can build multi > >million dollar resorts but can't put a hospital up that has state of > >the art facilities? And it makes me feel really good that my family > >and friends have that much faith in me to think that I wouldn't > >thoroughly research the Doctor and the Hospital before I put my life > >in their hands. Well I've gone all over the place here I'm really > >nervous. I know I'm going to do this I'm just trying to get more > >information. Anything anyone can tell me will help. > >Thanks, this is cheaper than a shrink! Ha!Ha! > > > > > > _________________________________________________________________ > MSN is giving away a trip to Vegas to see Elton . Enter to win today. > http://msnconcertcontest.com?icid-nceltontagline > > > > >

Guest guest

Did you get an answer to your question about Dr ? I am also

considering several surgeons for this fall and have to choose from

about 6 right now, including Toronto. Good luck on your procedure it

is almost here!

>

> Hi everyone. I'm new to this group and this is actually my first

> post. I know everyone here loves Dr. Aceves, but I was wondering what

> people have heard about in Acuna? So far I've heard

> only beaming reports on both of them. I'm getting banded in May and

> am down to one of those two so any feedback would be quite

appreciated.

>

> Thanks!

> in NC

>

Guest guest

> Did you get an answer to your question about Dr ?

Hi, Yes, I did, in a manner of speaking. When all was said and done,

he was the most experienced surgeon I researched. And he had no

deaths or seriously negative results against him...no lawsuits, etc.

And his price was reasonable and his staff has worked very well with

me (I'm coordinating extra things like teeth whitening while I'm

there, etc.) So I'm very happy with my choice already. Hope this all

helps...

in NC