RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

New to group

Rate this topic

Guest guest

rachel do you know offhand what kind of antihistamine do they use?

From: Cole <rightwithme1@...>iodine Sent: Tue, June 14, 2011 3:46:23 PMSubject: Re: Re: new to group

Just as an aside, I've heard of histamine patches for MS. The thinking is the same as with homeopathics - fighting like with like - as MS is an over-production of histamine. Think I might of heard of that through J 's MD site.

On Tue, Jun 14, 2011 at 12:35 PM, DeNormandie <blessedark2010@...> wrote:

That might be what I need an anti histamine. I do have several auto immune diseases. In fact I have never gotten a cold or the flu or a stomach virus. Maybe it is because I have an over active immune system. it is always on high alert. Also LDN was like liquid speed. Caused severe diarrhea worse that it usually is but I stuck it out taking LDN for 5 months.Thanks for the suggestion.

From: Channa Brennon <channabrennon@...>iodine Sent: Tue, June 14, 2011 10:53:10 AMSubject: Re: Re: new to group

just throwing something out there..I have read that low dose naltrexone is immune stimulant..which is good for those who low immune reactions. but for those who is over reactive immune system it is better to use immune deppressors like anti histamines.ect.

dr goldberg practices along those lines even though I dont agree with everything he believes he wrote a book myth of autism

From: ido zahavi <zahavi100@...>iodine Sent: Tue, June 14, 2011 9:27:28 AMSubject: Re: Re: new to group

we are busy with it already 10 years.we have the best bio-identic hormones doctors in the world.there is much to do.

low dose naltrexone,iodine,adrenal ,thyroid ,sex hormonesdiet ,enzymes,stomach acid,probiotics etc etc

On Tue, Jun 14, 2011 at 2:52 PM, DeNormandie <blessedark2010@...> wrote:

I was told by many doctors all my life that there is nothing I can do.Just like my crohn's. Please do some research when you have time.

From: M C <tobdncng@...>iodine Sent: Tue, June 14, 2011 1:34:00 AMSubject: Re: new to group

So there is nothing to correct this? That would be really sad. Haven't done any research yet because I am just trying to keep up with what I have going now. (Which is a LOT!!!) Thanks for the info though. grace~> >> > > >>i just joined this group and the few posts i have read, everyone seems to be so > >>knowledgable! I am very happy to be a part of this.> >>my son has all symptoms of hyperthyriodism. hasnt gained weight or height in > >>over a year. also a food panel was done and he is reactive to everything. along > >>with his severe gut issues and autism he has autoimmune disfunction so all that > >>has me believe he may have graves.> >>I am not a docter and am very unhappy at being forced to become one to save my > >>sons life.> >>I wont go into it here but medical docters almost killed my son and yes even > >>tried to take him away when i refused thier treatment protocol.which made my son > >>very ill. long sad story. I

found out that i knew my sons illness better then > >>the docters and knew how to heal him better then the docters. I am not saying > >>this with arrogance but with sadness. the last time i went to a docter and told > >>her my son has stopped growing again and am very concerned she just looked at > >>me with glazed eyes like i bored her and asked me about his diet.> >>I have read about everything on nutrition available I have my son on the highest > >>calorie foods that he can handle/is not allergic to.> >>i told her i suspected his thyroid and she told me well does he get cold a lot? > >>I was like no hyperthyroidism. sigh.> >>anyway his symptoms are he has to eat non stop hungry all the time.heat > >>intolerant, never cold. hyperactive always. no weight gain despited eating all > >>the time. i havnt gotten the

official blood tests because of the trauma > >>asociated with blood draws. i have been researching hyperthyroid cures and came > >>up with iodine as the number one treatment in the 1920s for graves..so here i > >>am. am also doing AC chelation with good results. enzymes probiotics vitamins > >>ect. ect.my posts are normally short but wanted to share my story. and hope for > >>any suggestions. my son started on five drops lugol iodine with really good > >>results in last two days seems to be sleeping better.> >>> >>> >> > > -- > "I have come to believe that in the world there is nothing to explain the > world." Loren Eiseley>

-- "I have come to believe that in the world there is nothing to explain the world." Loren Eiseley

Guest guest

have a look at this link,http://www.brighterdayfoods.com/PDFDocs/l/LR72WHCKJQ1V9LTGKT8CGWX7TM5B1NP5.PDFFrom: Channa Brennon <channabrennon@...>iodine Sent: Tue, 14 June, 2011 20:24:21Subject: Re: new to group

can you recomend a mineral salt? i started juicing greens as i think this should have some easy absorbable minerals

From: david kenna <davidjohnkenna@...>iodine Sent: Tue, June 14, 2011 3:22:31 PMSubject: Re: new to group

Have you tried mineral salts?

Without minerals nothing works.

From: Channa Brennon <channabrennon@...>iodine Sent: Tue, 14 June, 2011 2:29:20Subject: Re: new to group

I dont think he has crohns, his bowel movements have been relatively normal consostency and color. so we are lucky with that.

From: DeNormandie <blessedark2010@...>iodine Sent: Mon, June 13, 2011 3:52:34 PMSubject: Re: new to group

Was he tested for crohn's disease? That is constant runs no matter what you have out into your mouth. I'm 47 and have had this disease for over 35 years.

From: Channa Brennon <channabrennon@...>iodine Sent: Mon, June 13, 2011 10:58:04 AMSubject: Re: new to group

I want to thank everyone who responded to my post. yes my son was horrible gut kid. I fought for years healing his gut. he never had a formed bowel movement till recently. he had malabsorbtion, leaky gut,it took a lot of work ..putting him on SCD diet he is GFCF as well havnt tried the HCL though may be something looking into thannks. he didnt test positive for celiac.

I came to suspect hyperthyriod because his gut is doing better for the first time in his life and still lack of growth, hyperactive rapid heartbeat andnon stop appetite also did parasite treatment.I have him on lithium he cant tolerate l carnitine and now the iodine. to early to say if it is helping him or not his skin test it disappeared couple hours after applying but i know that is not reliable for iodine deficiency. \

like everything in life must wait and see if he is a responder.I will also look into book kids with starving brains have heard lot bout that one.

thank you again glad to be on this journey with everyone here

From: Anne Seals <anneseals@...>iodine Sent: Mon, June 13, 2011 2:32:21 AMSubject: Re: new to group

Many hypothyroid children are also underweight, & many autistic kids are underweight due to poor absorption, so unless you have done a lot of work on his gut, his low weight doesn't necessarily mean hyper. He could be eating all the time because he can't get the nutrients out of the food. (Is he a diarrhea kid? Some kids have the food go through so fast that it is undigested.) But whether he is hypo or hyper, it is possible that iodine will help. (Topical magnesium might be best, given that kids on the spectrum tend to have issues with absorbing nutrients through the gut. And you might want to work your way up to the high side on companion nutrients.)

There was a link recently posted to a video on thyroid & autism, from a presenter at Autism One last month. His recommendation about iodine is wrong, but at least he is headed in the right general direction.

I don't know where you are on the whole autism journey. Is he GF/CF/SF? (I am guessing that gluten, casein & soy are among his allergies, but it never hurts to check.)

Recent posts would suggest that increasing HCL might help with nutrient absorption & reducing allergies. (At least it is something to check out if you are not doing it already.)

Yes, you will definitely have to take charge of his health, because even the better DAN! docs do not always know as much as other moms. The best advice I have had all along has been from other moms. There are several of us autie moms on this list.

Anne

On Jun 12, 2011, at 6:39 PM, cheryl wrote:

i just joined this group and the few posts i have read, everyone seems to be so knowledgable! I am very happy to be a part of this.my son has all symptoms of hyperthyriodism. hasnt gained weight or height in over a year. also a food panel was done and he is reactive to everything. along with his severe gut issues and autism he has autoimmune disfunction so all that has me believe he may have graves.I am not a docter and am very unhappy at being forced to become one to save my sons life.I wont go into it here but medical docters almost killed my son and yes even tried to take him away when i refused thier treatment protocol.which made my son very ill. long sad story. I found out that i knew my sons illness better then the docters and knew how to heal him better then the docters. I am not saying this with arrogance but with sadness. the last time i went to a docter and told her my son has stopped growing again and am very concerned she just

looked at me with glazed eyes like i bored her and asked me about his diet.I have read about everything on nutrition available I have my son on the highest calorie foods that he can handle/is not allergic to.i told her i suspected his thyroid and she told me well does he get cold a lot? I was like no hyperthyroidism. sigh.anyway his symptoms are he has to eat non stop hungry all the time.heat intolerant, never cold. hyperactive always. no weight gain despited eating all the time. i havnt gotten the official blood tests because of the trauma asociated with blood draws. i have been researching hyperthyroid cures and came up with iodine as the number one treatment in the 1920s for graves..so here i am. am also doing AC chelation with good results. enzymes probiotics vitamins ect. ect.my posts are normally short but wanted to share my story. and hope for any suggestions. my son started

on

five drops lugol iodine with really good results in last two days seems to be sleeping better.

Guest guest

Cracks me up! The milestones in ASD families are SO different.ASD parents are THRILLED by: A formed poop (because so many of the kids have had YEARS of diarrhea) or one that doesn't block a toilet (because some of the kids do that regularly before their guts are healed.) The first time their kid lies (Because so many kids are so literal-minded that they CAN'T lie! As one mom told me, "Lying is an important social skill!") A bad cold in a kid whose hyper-vigilant immune system never let him be sick (because that means that his immune system is finally back in healthy communication with the outside world. Not to mention that many ASD kids are LESS autistic when they are sick.) Any time a kid is willing to try a new food (because some of them only want to eat the same few things -- which they are probably allergic to...) -- Quintuple points for a vegetable!We should compile a list...AnneOn Jun 14, 2011, at 12:53 PM, Channa Brennon wrote:

for my son he was the same way and never got sick. because of his wacked out immune system.

for him mercury played a huge role in this.mercury affects the immune system big time.

when i started chelating he got sick for the first time in three years..I was so happy people thought i was nuts.

From: DeNormandie <blessedark2010@...>iodine Sent: Tue, June 14, 2011 3:35:57 PMSubject: Re: Re: new to group

That might be what I need an anti histamine. I do have several auto immune diseases. In fact I have never gotten a cold or the flu or a stomach virus. Maybe it is because I have an over active immune system. it is always on high alert. Also LDN was like liquid speed. Caused severe diarrhea worse that it usually is but I stuck it out taking LDN for 5 months.Thanks for the suggestion.

From: Channa Brennon <channabrennon@...>iodine Sent: Tue, June 14, 2011 10:53:10 AMSubject: Re: Re: new to group

just throwing something out there..I have read that low dose naltrexone is immune stimulant..which is good for those who low immune reactions. but for those who is over reactive immune system it is better to use immune deppressors like anti histamines.ect.

dr goldberg practices along those lines even though I dont agree with everything he believes he wrote a book myth of autism

From: ido zahavi <zahavi100@...>iodine Sent: Tue, June 14, 2011 9:27:28 AMSubject: Re: Re: new to group

we are busy with it already 10 years.we have the best bio-identic hormones doctors in the world.there is much to do.

low dose naltrexone,iodine,adrenal ,thyroid ,sex hormonesdiet ,enzymes,stomach acid,probiotics etc etc

I was told by many doctors all my life that there is nothing I can do.Just like my crohn's. Please do some research when you have time.

From: M C <tobdncng@...>iodine Sent: Tue, June 14, 2011 1:34:00 AMSubject: Re: new to group

So there is nothing to correct this? That would be really sad. Haven't done any research yet because I am just trying to keep up with what I have going now. (Which is a LOT!!!) Thanks for the info though. grace~> >> > > >>i just joined this group and the few posts i have read, everyone seems to be so > >>knowledgable! I am very happy to be a part of this.> >>my son has all symptoms of hyperthyriodism. hasnt gained weight or height in > >>over a year. also a food panel was done and he is reactive to everything. along > >>with his severe gut issues and autism he has autoimmune disfunction so all that > >>has me believe he may have graves.> >>I am not a docter and am very unhappy at being forced to become one to save my > >>sons life.> >>I wont go into it here but medical docters almost killed my son and yes even > >>tried to take him away when i refused thier treatment protocol.which made my son > >>very ill. long sad story. I

found out that i knew my sons illness better then > >>the docters and knew how to heal him better then the docters. I am not saying > >>this with arrogance but with sadness. the last time i went to a docter and told > >>her my son has stopped growing again and am very concerned she just looked at > >>me with glazed eyes like i bored her and asked me about his diet.> >>I have read about everything on nutrition available I have my son on the highest > >>calorie foods that he can handle/is not allergic to.> >>i told her i suspected his thyroid and she told me well does he get cold a lot? > >>I was like no hyperthyroidism. sigh.> >>anyway his symptoms are he has to eat non stop hungry all the time.heat > >>intolerant, never cold. hyperactive always. no weight gain despited eating all > >>the time. i havnt gotten the

official blood tests because of the trauma > >>asociated with blood draws. i have been researching hyperthyroid cures and came > >>up with iodine as the number one treatment in the 1920s for graves..so here i > >>am. am also doing AC chelation with good results. enzymes probiotics vitamins > >>ect. ect.my posts are normally short but wanted to share my story. and hope for > >>any suggestions. my son started on five drops lugol iodine with really good > >>results in last two days seems to be sleeping better.> >>> >>> >> > > -- > "I have come to believe that in the world there is nothing to explain the > world." Loren Eiseley>

Guest guest

I can't say for sure, but since starting my daughter on iodine for her thyroid we have seen improvement in so many of the ASD issues! Mind you we recently got her into a new non-public school that is great! So they get some of the credit, but we are seeing increased language, we are seeing more formed poops - although they are very green - probably detox stuff - and they really, really stink! She is also having a love affair with chocolate milk shakes! She has had a feeding tube since she was three weeks old - and seriously, I have maintained for years that if nothing else, I wanted her to be able to enjoy a milk shake so she could go out with her friends and have something she could enjoy at a fast food place! We are seeing other improvements but they are definitely due to ABA from people who are good at what they do, but even at that, they may be making more progress since we can now encourage her to do more since she likes her shakes, which has started since the iodine!

Higgins

http://becomingaspecialneedsadvocate.blogspot.com/

Re: new to group

So there is nothing to correct this? That would be really sad. Haven't done any research yet because I am just trying to keep up with what I have going now. (Which is a LOT!!!)

Thanks for the info though.

grace~

> >

> >

> >>i just joined this group and the few posts i have read, everyone seems to be so

> >>knowledgable! I am very happy to be a part of this.

> >>my son has all symptoms of hyperthyriodism. hasnt gained weight or height in

> >>over a year. also a food panel was done and he is reactive to everything. along

> >>with his severe gut issues and autism he has autoimmune disfunction so all that

> >>has me believe he may have graves.

> >>I am not a docter and am very unhappy at being forced to become one to save my

> >>sons life.

> >>I wont go into it here but medical docters almost killed my son and yes even

> >>tried to take him away when i refused thier treatment protocol.which made my son

> >>very ill. long sad story. I

found out that i knew my sons illness better then

> >>the docters and knew how to heal him better then the docters. I am not saying

> >>this with arrogance but with sadness. the last time i went to a docter and told

> >>her my son has stopped growing again and am very concerned she just looked at

> >>me with glazed eyes like i bored her and asked me about his diet.

> >>I have read about everything on nutrition available I have my son on the highest

> >>calorie foods that he can handle/is not allergic to.

> >>i told her i suspected his thyroid and she told me well does he get cold a lot?

> >>I was like no hyperthyroidism. sigh.

> >>anyway his symptoms are he has to eat non stop hungry all the time.heat

> >>intolerant, never cold. hyperactive always. no weight gain despited eating all

> >>the time. i havnt gotten the

official blood tests because of the trauma

> >>asociated with blood draws. i have been researching hyperthyroid cures and came

> >>up with iodine as the number one treatment in the 1920s for graves..so here i

> >>am. am also doing AC chelation with good results. enzymes probiotics vitamins

> >>ect. ect.my posts are normally short but wanted to share my story. and hope for

> >>any suggestions. my son started on five drops lugol iodine with really good

> >>results in last two days seems to be sleeping better.

> >>

> >>

> >

>

>

> --

> "I have come to believe that in the world there is nothing to explain the

> world." Loren Eiseley

>

Guest guest

From a homeopathic standpoint, it makes sense that if you have a serious problem, you don't get normal colds and flus. Homeopathy teaches that the stronger disease always wins out. -AngieOn Jun 14, 2011, at 12:53 PM, Channa Brennon wrote: for my son he was the same way and never got sick. because of his wacked out immune system. for him mercury played a huge role in this.mercury affects the immune system big time. when i started chelating he got sick for the first time in three years..I was so happy people thought i was nuts. From: DeNormandie <blessedark2010@...>iodine Sent: Tue, June 14, 2011 3:35:57 PMSubject: Re: Re: new to group That might be what I need an anti histamine. I do have several auto immune diseases. In fact I have never gotten a cold or the flu or a stomach virus. Maybe it is because I have an over active immune system. it is always on high alert. Also LDN was like liquid speed. Caused severe diarrhea worse that it usually is but I stuck it out taking LDN for 5 months.Thanks for the suggestion. From: Channa Brennon <channabrennon@...>iodine Sent: Tue, June 14, 2011 10:53:10 AMSubject: Re: Re: new to group just throwing something out there..I have read that low dose naltrexone is immune stimulant..which is good for those who low immune reactions. but for those who is over reactive immune system it is better to use immune deppressors like anti histamines.ect. dr goldberg practices along those lines even though I dont agree with everything he believes he wrote a book myth of autism From: ido zahavi <zahavi100@...>iodine Sent: Tue, June 14, 2011 9:27:28 AMSubject: Re: Re: new to group we are busy with it already 10 years.we have the best bio-identic hormones doctors in the world.there is much to do. low dose naltrexone,iodine,adrenal ,thyroid ,sex hormonesdiet ,enzymes,stomach acid,probiotics etc etc On Tue, Jun 14, 2011 at 2:52 PM, DeNormandie <blessedark2010@...> wrote: I was told by many doctors all my life that there is nothing I can do.Just like my crohn's. Please do some research when you have time. From: M C <tobdncng@...>iodine Sent: Tue, June 14, 2011 1:34:00 AMSubject: Re: new to group So there is nothing to correct this? That would be really sad. Haven't done any research yet because I am just trying to keep up with what I have going now. (Which is a LOT!!!) Thanks for the info though. grace~> >> > > >>i just joined this group and the few posts i have read, everyone seems to be so > >>knowledgable! I am very happy to be a part of this.> >>my son has all symptoms of hyperthyriodism. hasnt gained weight or height in > >>over a year. also a food panel was done and he is reactive to everything. along > >>with his severe gut issues and autism he has autoimmune disfunction so all that > >>has me believe he may have graves.> >>I am not a docter and am very unhappy at being forced to become one to save my > >>sons life.> >>I wont go into it here but medical docters almost killed my son and yes even > >>tried to take him away when i refused thier treatment protocol.which made my son > >>very ill. long sad story. I found out that i knew my sons illness better then > >>the docters and knew how to heal him better then the docters. I am not saying > >>this with arrogance but with sadness. the last time i went to a docter and told > >>her my son has stopped growing again and am very concerned she just looked at > >>me with glazed eyes like i bored her and asked me about his diet.> >>I have read about everything on nutrition available I have my son on the highest > >>calorie foods that he can handle/is not allergic to.> >>i told her i suspected his thyroid and she told me well does he get cold a lot? > >>I was like no hyperthyroidism. sigh.> >>anyway his symptoms are he has to eat non stop hungry all the time.heat > >>intolerant, never cold. hyperactive always. no weight gain despited eating all > >>the time. i havnt gotten the official blood tests because of the trauma > >>asociated with blood draws. i have been researching hyperthyroid cures and came > >>up with iodine as the number one treatment in the 1920s for graves..so here i > >>am. am also doing AC chelation with good results. enzymes probiotics vitamins > >>ect. ect.my posts are normally short but wanted to share my story. and hope for > >>any suggestions. my son started on five drops lugol iodine with really good > >>results in last two days seems to be sleeping better.> >>> >>> >> > > -- > "I have come to believe that in the world there is nothing to explain the > world." Loren Eiseley> <insert witty or inspirational quote here>

Guest guest

it is definitly a diffrent world we live in! one that only a person who is living it themselves can understand! lol

From: Anne Seals <anneseals@...>iodine Sent: Wed, June 15, 2011 8:21:52 PMSubject: Re: Re: new to group

Cracks me up! The milestones in ASD families are SO different.

ASD parents are THRILLED by:

A formed poop (because so many of the kids have had YEARS of diarrhea) or one that doesn't block a toilet (because some of the kids do that regularly before their guts are healed.)

The first time their kid lies (Because so many kids are so literal-minded that they CAN'T lie! As one mom told me, "Lying is an important social skill!")

A bad cold in a kid whose hyper-vigilant immune system never let him be sick (because that means that his immune system is finally back in healthy communication with the outside world. Not to mention that many ASD kids are LESS autistic when they are sick.)

Any time a kid is willing to try a new food (because some of them only want to eat the same few things -- which they are probably allergic to...) -- Quintuple points for a vegetable!

We should compile a list...

Anne

On Jun 14, 2011, at 12:53 PM, Channa Brennon wrote:

for my son he was the same way and never got sick. because of his wacked out immune system.

for him mercury played a huge role in this.mercury affects the immune system big time.

when i started chelating he got sick for the first time in three years..I was so happy people thought i was nuts.

From: DeNormandie <blessedark2010@...>iodine Sent: Tue, June 14, 2011 3:35:57 PMSubject: Re: Re: new to group

Guest guest

Welcome - glad you found us.

Dr. Flechas discussed a patient who was insulin dependant who he put on 50 mgs of Iodoral. He told her to adjust her insulin as she needed to along the way. When he saw her again - not sure if it was 3 or 6 mos later he asked how she was doing and she said "Great I am off all my insulin". He freaked and told her that he never said to do that. She explained that her numbers were good. She had been in the 300 and after treating with Iodoral was down to the low 90's. Iodine does affect the pancreas positively. Many of us take doses of 50 mgs or more with little to no issues. The only thing that happens to some people is detoxing. But you have information in the new member document that explains this. I am one to play with my dosages to see what happens. I started on 50 mgs and increased to 75 mgs then 100 mgs and then 125 mgs. Each level brought more improvements in my health. The excess iodine is flushed from the body if not needed.

Buist, ND

Owner / Iodine Group

new to group

I just found this group and I am very interested in any opinions on my case. I have type 2 diabetes (controlled with Paleo diet only latest A1C 6.3) I am also hypothyroid my TSH is 3.96, T4 7.7, and my T3 total 64. I tested negative for thyroid antibodies. I am under the care of Kresser and have gradually titrated up to my current 12.5 mg of Iodoral daily. This has taken me two months. I think is worried that Iodine may make my condition worse if I rapidly up my dosage.My question is do you think that I should up my dosage. I have noticed that my BG numbers after eating come down rapidly into the 90's now, and I can eat more carbs like yams and berries then before. Thanks for your help in advance.

Guest guest

Welcome Jodi!

I am , the owner of the group. I was dx'd with papillary thyroid cancer in 2000. I had a thyroidectomy and then over the next 5 years I would have 3 RAI's (100 mCi's, 150 mCi's and 250 mCi's) that would put me at the maximum lifetime dose of 500 mCi's. I too was lied to and told it was a great therapy because it only went to the thyroid an cancer. They were wrong. I am in early menopause and have fought various health issues that were due, I believe, to the high radioactive forms of iodine. My story is on my website at www.naturalthyroidchoices.com f you are interested in reading more.

I am not familiar with the form of iodine you are using. On this group we recommend Iodoral or liquid Lugol's. They have a proven track record of effectiveness in treating various health conditions. You will also want to make sure you are getting the supporting nutrients outlined in the document. This will help with reducing the risk of weight gain. I had issues with it for a few years but when I finally got my detox pathways functioning better it resolved. Most cancer patients are very toxic and it takes some time to overcome that.

Also with weight issues being on a synthetic thyroid medication when thyroidless can be a huge part of why you have extra weight. It just doesn't work well for us. When I switched to desiccated thyroid things were much better and I felt much better.

I hope that helps.

Buist, ND HC

New to group

Hi everyone!!I am new to this iodine group. I have been with the thyroidless group for a bit now and have learned so much, now I need to learn more about my body and what it needs since my thyroid was taken out due to cancer. Also, I had 3 RAI doses, the last two were smaller doses then the first, but 3 non the less. I just found out that my doctors lied to me when they told me no other cells would take up the radioactive iodine, and that has me worried. I don't want to fight cancer again, so I am here to help prevent this from happening.First of all I need to know the difference between iodoral and iodine complex. My doctor has put me on iodine complex. I take 1 12.5 capsule a day. This capsule contains: Iodine (5mg as molecular iodine, 5mg as sodium iodide, and 2.5mg as potassium iodide)And of course the fillers: cellulose, vegetarian capsule, L-leucine, and silicone dioxide.It is made by ProThera. Is this ok, is this bad ??? Second, I read through your Q's and A's... Is there alot of weight gain?? I already have weight issues because of no thyroid, I don't want more. If so, does it eventually go away?? I would love any advise or help I can get!! Thanks!!! Jodi

Guest guest

Hi Jodi,

I think you are getting less than 10mg of iodine when factor out the sodium

and potassium. If I were you I would ramp up the dosage to 50mg of iodine over a

month or so. I would use Iodoral tablets or Lugol's formula (liquid) to get the

additional iodine, being sure to take the companion supplements so there is a

minimum of side-effects due to detox reactions. IMO, Iodoral is all around more

convenient than Lugol's but the Lugol's, being liquid, might be slightly better

utilized by the body. Also you can use Lugol's topically.

Wrt to preventing the return of cancer, consider taking low dose naltrexone, a

prescription drug that is compounded down from a large tablet to make it " low

dose. " Anyway, discuss this with your doctor. Hopefully, he/she knows about it.

The web site is low dose naltrexone.org for more info.

Peace and gratitude, Dean

>

> Hi everyone!!

>

> I am new to this iodine group. I have been with the thyroidless group for a

bit now and have learned so much, now I need to learn more about my body and

what it needs since my thyroid was taken out due to cancer. Also, I had 3 RAI

doses, the last two were smaller doses then the first, but 3 non the less. I

just found out that my doctors lied to me when they told me no other cells would

take up the radioactive iodine, and that has me worried. I don't want to fight

cancer again, so I am here to help prevent this from happening.

>

> First of all I need to know the difference between iodoral and iodine complex.

My doctor has put me on iodine complex. I take 1 12.5 capsule a day. This

capsule contains: Iodine (5mg as molecular iodine, 5mg as sodium iodide, and

2.5mg as potassium iodide)

> And of course the fillers: cellulose, vegetarian capsule, L-leucine, and

silicone dioxide.

> It is made by ProThera.

> Is this ok, is this bad ???

>

> Second, I read through your Q's and A's... Is there alot of weight gain?? I

already have weight issues because of no thyroid, I don't want more. If so,

does it eventually

> go away??

>

> I would love any advise or help I can get!!

>

> Thanks!!!

> Jodi

>

Guest guest

Thanks for posting ! It is great to hear about the kids that we see at camp. I am so happy to hear about the gains that Keira is making. Please keep us updated, everybody. It is so inspiring.From: Bruley <kristin.bruley@...>"CHILDRENWITHCHALLENGESGROUPS (DOT) COM" <CHILDRENWITHCHALLENGESGROUPS (DOT) COM>Sent: Wednesday, September 21, 2011 7:57 PMSubject: New to group

Hi: My name is Bruley and I have a daughter Keira Bruley that is 15 months old. We live in Northern Minnesota and I am also an Occupational therapist. She was diagnosed with cerebral palsy fluctuating tone at age 5 months. We are currently doing a home program of Masgutova work and attended a camp in late July. She seems more vocal since the camp and seems to have better head control. I found out about this group from the family conference. I am interested in hearing the inspirational stories and advice. Thanks to all and best wishes for your little ones!

Guest guest

Iodine does not interfere with antibiotics. It is a natural antibiotic. Have you tried looking at food issues like gluten and dairy?

Buist, ND HC

Owner / Iodine Group

new to group

Hi;

I am new to this group and not sure how things work. I have Ocular cea and right now it is very flared up and nothing seem to be working to calm it down. If I were to try iodine what brand should I use and how much? Has anyone else tried iodine for this problem? Does iodine interfere with antibiotics? Thanks, Fern

Guest guest

Hi;

Yes I have gone off of both of them for a while and that did not make a difference. I do have a problem with over use of antiboitics around 5 yrs ago I had 4 or 5 attacks of diverticulitis in one yr, then surgery (colon) for the diverticulitis and then an infection from the surgery which I felt from all the antiboitics I had been on left me with problems with my GI tract starting right after surgery. I take Align which helps a little, the only thing I have found that helps some.

Now I have Ocular cea and Keratosis Pilaris which started around 6 mo ago. Right now my eye lids and eyes are very inflamed and I tried doxycycline, I could not handle it, now the doctor has me on lotermax which does not seem to be helping any. Something seems to be going on with my system just not sure what. One of the woman in the rosacea support group mentioned iodine so was thinking of checking it out. There seems to be so much to understand about it that it lefted me confused. Thanks, Fern

From: ladybugsandbees <ladybugsandbees@...>iodine Sent: Saturday, October 15, 2011 10:25 AMSubject: Re: new to group

Iodine does not interfere with antibiotics. It is a natural antibiotic. Have you tried looking at food issues like gluten and dairy?

Buist, ND HC

Owner / Iodine Group

new to group

Hi;

I am new to this group and not sure how things work. I have Ocular cea and right now it is very flared up and nothing seem to be working to calm it down. If I were to try iodine what brand should I use and how much? Has anyone else tried iodine for this problem? Does iodine interfere with antibiotics? Thanks, Fern

Guest guest

Have you worked to heal your gut with probiotics, fermented foods, omega oils, and other gut healing things. I'll bet you have an issue with leaky gut that needs to be addressed while being off the gluten and dairy. It can take years to heal. My son was on a lot of antibiotics. We took him (and his sister who had issues too) gluten for 2 1/2 years before we saw real benefits.

Buist, ND HC

new to group

Hi;

Guest guest

I suffer from rosacea too (not ocular).  You might find an Naturopathic doctor to see in your area.  None of that prescription stuff ever helped my rosacea at all.  Make sure you take a probiotic that’s very high in acidophilus as that helps with rosacea.  My ND recently put me on a probiotic that I tolerate well.  I’ve had a number of them that I didn’t. If you’re on the group for rosacea, that’s really the best source of information for rosacea that I’ve found.     From: iodine [mailto:iodine ] On Behalf Of Fern RoySent: Saturday, October 15, 2011 12:46 PMiodine Subject: Re: new to group Hi; Yes I have gone off of both of them for a while and that did not make a difference. I do have a problem with over use of antiboitics around 5 yrs ago I had 4 or 5 attacks of diverticulitis in one yr, then surgery (colon) for the diverticulitis and then an infection from the surgery which I felt from all the antiboitics I had been on left me with problems with my GI tract starting right after surgery. I take Align which helps a little, the only thing I have found that helps some. Now I have Ocular cea and Keratosis Pilaris which started around 6 mo ago. Right now my eye lids and eyes are very inflamed and I tried doxycycline, I could not handle it, now the doctor has me on lotermax which does not seem to be helping any. Something seems to be going on with my system just not sure what. One of the woman in the rosacea support group mentioned iodine so was thinking of checking it out. There seems to be so much to understand about it that it lefted me confused. Thanks, Fern From: ladybugsandbees <ladybugsandbees@...>iodine Sent: Saturday, October 15, 2011 10:25 AMSubject: Re: new to group Iodine does not interfere with antibiotics. It is a natural antibiotic. Have you tried looking at food issues like gluten and dairy? Buist, ND HCOwner / Iodine Group new to group Hi; I am new to this group and not sure how things work. I have Ocular cea and right now it is very flared up and nothing seem to be working to calm it down. If I were to try iodine what brand should I use and how much? Has anyone else tried iodine for this problem? Does iodine interfere with antibiotics? Thanks, Fern

Guest guest

Hi;

I know you have a point but this is way over my head. You might try one or two things and then find out you should of been doing more or things different. It is kind of like a guessing game if you are lucky enough to hit on the right combo then you get your problem taken care of. I do what reading I can but with inflamed eyes it make it hard to use them to much. One of the woman in the cea support group mentioned Iodine and I thought if all it takes is putting a few drops of iodine in a few glasses of water a day and maybe it might help my problem that was worth a try but it sounds so much more involved. I do know I have intestinal

problems that started right after all the antibiotics I took, if that is connected with OR & Keratosis Pilaris I don't know. Thanks, Fern

From: ladybugsandbees <ladybugsandbees@...>iodine Sent: Saturday, October 15, 2011 12:00 PMSubject: Re: new to group

Have you worked to heal your gut with probiotics, fermented foods, omega oils, and other gut healing things. I'll bet you have an issue with leaky gut that needs to be addressed while being off the gluten and dairy. It can take years to heal. My son was on a lot of antibiotics. We took him (and his sister who had issues too) gluten for 2 1/2 years before we saw real benefits.

Buist, ND HC

----

Guest guest

You don't have to make it hard. Just get a good probiotic, eliminate gluten and dairy as well as lower if not eliminating refined sugars. Eat real whole foods. If it is in a box then you should probably avoid it. If you have taken a lot of antibiotics it will take some time to heal. Just make a step forward and it will work out.

Buist, ND HC

Re: new to group

Buist, ND HC

----

Guest guest

Hello:

My 7 year old granddaughter was just found to have cholesteatoma in her right

ear that has had multiple infections over the last year. She just had surgery

this last month and the Doctor feels he will need to remove all hearing bones so

he can get in there periodically to keep the growth under control. He said there

is too much of the growth and he couldn't remove it all during the surgery. The

second surgery is to be scheduled sooner than the 6 months that was previously

stated.

I have been researching and hope to find answers and maybe an alternative to the

total loss of hearing for her. I have been reading about Essiac Tea which has

had good results in reducing tumors in cancer patients and otherwise boosting

the immune system. One person said their many skin tags disappeared. This has

given me hope, as well as the fact that my sister in law's father in law took

the tea when given months to live with tumors on his liver. After a few months,

the tumors are gone. I wouldn't have believed it but they are known to me. I

have now found this group and hope to learn more as I go along. Any suggestions

will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Anita

Guest guest

Welcome, ! It took me a long time to realize there actually is no benefit, that vaccines don't work. Even the manufacturers will not guarantee it. You just have to keep doing your research and you'll need time to understand that.

Yet, each time you get a vaccine there is the risk of serious side effects, including death. Every time for every vaccine. If the goal is to keep your child healthy, it doesn't make sense to risk their lives--especially when your gut is telling you something is wrong with this approach.

I stopped vaccinating after my child was injured--not right away because I didn't put it together. But I still thought vaccines worked and was in the same dilemma you were, only it wasn't a "rare" event but a reality to our family that vaccines aren't safe. So, it was clearer to me about the dangers, although I went back and forth on what to do.

Read Neil Z. 's books. Go on the NVIC.org website. Check out VAERS for reported reactions. Read the ingredients in the vaccine package inserts: (http://www.vaccinesafety.edu/package_inserts.htm)

Ask yourself if you really want your children injected with all of those toxins for any reason. Ask yourself what you will do if your child is injured because the doctors won't admit it if they are and you are on your own. It is way easier to deal with natural illnesses than vaccine reactions.

Anyway, welcome again and good luck with your decision!

Winnie

New to GroupVaccinations > Hi, > > I just joined and it is going to take me some time to go through > all of the > information Sheri sent but I just wanted to quick introduce myself.> > I have 2 girls, one will be 3 in June the other 1 in June. I > delayed and > selected some vaccinations for the older but did not finish any > series - to > date she has had 2PC, 2DTAP, 2IPV & 2HIB, going off memory and > I'm very > tired. Babe has had none so far.> > I am in a process of debate of wondering if I should finish up > the 3yo's > to complete 3 total and if what I am going to do for the baby if > anything. I > have done preliminary research and am aware of the dangers but > I also > think there is benefit so currently I see it as which is less > worse. ly > they both scare the crap out of me and of course like everyone I > only want > what is best. > > I'm gonna kinda hang out, read everything Shari gave me, check > the threads > and go from there.> > We are in Florida.> > Cheers!> Michele> > >

Guest guest

HiI personally believe vaccines don't immunize, they only suppress the disease to a later age and change its symptoms (and delaying disease till later makes it more dangerous in cases such as measles, chickenpox etc) and in fact vaccines are only credited with producing antibodies, not with giving immunity. If you have a certain level of antibodies you are considered immune but no one follows you up to see if you get the disease and in many epidemics most are vaccinated. Doctors also aren't sure whether antibodies mean you are immune or just a sign you have been exposed to infection. For instance, if you have antibodies to measles they say you are immune, but if you have antibodies to HIV or TB they say you have the

disease.Also, people with high antibody levels still get the illnesses and they know antibodies don't mean immunity:http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11587808?dopt=AbstractYou may find these pages on my site

helpful:http://www.vaccineriskawareness.com/Diseases-In-The-Vaccinatedhttp://www.vaccineriskawareness.com/Diseases-In-The-Vaccinated-Page-2http://www.vaccineriskawareness.com/Diseases-in-the-Vaccinated-Page-3http://www.vaccineriskawareness.com/Pro-Vaccine-Argumentshttp://www.vaccineriskawareness.com/Pro-Vaccine-Arguments-Page-2http://www.vaccineriskawareness.com/A-Parent-s-Guide-for-Pro-Vaccine-Pediatricianshttp://www.vaccineriskawareness.com/Infant-Mortality-Rates-Fall-Where-Immunisation-Rates-Are-Lowhttp://www.vaccineriskawareness.com/Skewed-Statisticshttp://www.vaccineriskawareness.com/The-Herd-Immunity-Theory-Treating-Our-Children-Like-CattleI hope these help, there are loads more pages I just thought these particular ones would help most.Joanna(Mother to 5 unvaccinated children aged 16, 14, 12, 9 and 4). From: "rooneychel@..." <rooneychel@...> Vaccinations Sent: Monday, 7 May 2012, 2:39 Subject: New to Group

Hi,

I just joined and it is going to take me some time to go through all of the information Sheri sent but I just wanted to quick introduce myself.

I have 2 girls, one will be 3 in June the other 1 in June. I delayed and selected some vaccinations for the older but did not finish any series - to date she has had 2PC, 2DTAP, 2IPV & 2HIB, going off memory and I'm very tired. Babe has had none so far.

I am in a process of debate of wondering if I should finish up the 3yo's to complete 3 total and if what I am going to do for the baby if anything. I have done preliminary research and am aware of the dangers but I also think there is benefit so currently I see it as which is less worse. ly they both scare the crap out of me and of course like everyone I only want what is best.

I'm gonna kinda hang out, read everything Shari gave me, check the threads and go from there.

We are in Florida.

Cheers!

Michele

Guest guest

Wow, thanks for all the data, I need a sitter to sit at my computer. Every little bit helps.

Michele

In a message dated 5/7/2012 9:42:16 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time, shotsinfo@... writes:

Hi

I personally believe vaccines don't immunize, they only suppress the disease to a later age and change its symptoms (and delaying disease till later makes it more dangerous in cases such as measles, chickenpox etc) and in fact vaccines are only credited with producing antibodies, not with giving immunity. If you have a certain level of antibodies you are considered immune but no one follows you up to see if you get the disease and in many epidemics most are vaccinated. Doctors also aren't sure whether antibodies mean you are immune or just a sign you have been exposed to infection. For instance, if you have antibodies to measles they say you are immune, but if you have antibodies to HIV or TB they say you have the disease.

Also, people with high antibody levels still get the illnesses and they know antibodies don't mean immunity:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11587808?dopt=AbstractYou may find these pages on my site helpful:http://www.vaccineriskawareness.com/Diseases-In-The-Vaccinatedhttp://www.vaccineriskawareness.com/Diseases-In-The-Vaccinated-Page-2http://www.vaccineriskawareness.com/Diseases-in-the-Vaccinated-Page-3http://www.vaccineriskawareness.com/Pro-Vaccine-Argumentshttp://www.vaccineriskawareness.com/Pro-Vaccine-Arguments-Page-2http://www.vaccineriskawareness.com/A-Parent-s-Guide-for-Pro-Vaccine-Pediatricianshttp://www.vaccineriskawareness.com/Infant-Mortality-Rates-Fall-Where-Immunisation-Rates-Are-Lowhttp://www.vaccineriskawareness.com/Skewed-Statisticshttp://www.vaccineriskawareness.com/The-Herd-Immunity-Theory-Treating-Our-Children-Like-CattleI hope these help, there are loads more pages I just thought these particular ones would help most.Joanna(Mother to 5 unvaccinated children aged 16, 14, 12, 9 and 4).

From: "rooneychel@..." <rooneychel@...>Vaccinations Sent: Monday, 7 May 2012, 2:39Subject: New to Group

Hi,

I just joined and it is going to take me some time to go through all of the information Sheri sent but I just wanted to quick introduce myself.

I have 2 girls, one will be 3 in June the other 1 in June. I delayed and selected some vaccinations for the older but did not finish any series - to date she has had 2PC, 2DTAP, 2IPV & 2HIB, going off memory and I'm very tired. Babe has had none so far.

I am in a process of debate of wondering if I should finish up the 3yo's to complete 3 total and if what I am going to do for the baby if anything. I have done preliminary research and am aware of the dangers but I also think there is benefit so currently I see it as which is less worse. ly they both scare the crap out of me and of course like everyone I only want what is best.

I'm gonna kinda hang out, read everything Shari gave me, check the threads and go from there.

We are in Florida.

Cheers!

Michele