RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Re: (unknown)

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hey Bob.Due to CRS I forgot what partof Michigan you are from..Refresh my OLD memory! PLEASE!

Bob <mellowcargo2003@...> wrote:

Sorry I haven't been around much this week. My dad died on the 1st of October so my sister has been here and we've been busy with arrangements and such. Hope to be around more often now. We've had some heavy frosts here in Michigan so winter will be upon us before we know it ..yuck! I even looked at a new snow thrower today. Dave will understand the need for one..right Dave? I'm watching the Packers and the Titans right now. Bob

Janet <jfw4359@...> wrote:

Hi all..How is everyone..I may not be on line for a little while..Hey Terry did you watch the Busch race yesterday?? I bet is TICKED!!! Is Rick MIA again?? Dave too..Sharon did you get rained out this past wek?? We are still getting a little rain here but not too much..Where is everyone/? Barbara where are you at?? To all the newbies get on here and start talking!! It is far too dead in here!!!!!

Jan

Do you ?vote. - Register online to vote today!

Guest guest

Bob I too am sorry for your loss!! We are here if ya need to talk!!

Barbara <vynca_minor@...> wrote: Bob, I'm sorry to hear about your loss. Barbara> Hi all..How is everyone..I may not be on line for a little while..Hey Terry did you watch the Busch race yesterday?? I bet is TICKED!!! Is Rick MIA again??

Dave too..Sharon did you get rained out this past wek?? We are still getting a little rain here but not too much..Where is everyone/? Barbara where are you at?? To all the newbies get on here and start talking!! It is far too dead in here!!!!!> > > > > Jan > > > ---------------------------------> Do you ?> vote. - Register online to vote today! >

Guest guest

Jan, I live in the upper peninsula of Michigan. I'm closer to Dave in Green Bay than to Lansing our capital. The fall colors are beautiful now but we may get rain mixed with snow in the next few days. Yuck! Bob

Hey Bob.Due to CRS I forgot what partof Michigan you are from..Refresh my OLD memory! PLEASE!

Sorry I haven't been around much this week. My dad died on the 1st of October so my sister has been here and we've been busy with arrangements and such. Hope to be around more often now. We've had some heavy frosts here in Michigan so winter will be upon us before we know it ..yuck! I even looked at a new snow thrower today. Dave will understand the need for one..right Dave? I'm watching the Packers and the Titans right now. Bob

Hi all..How is everyone..I may not be on line for a little while..Hey Terry did you watch the Busch race yesterday?? I bet is TICKED!!! Is Rick MIA again?? Dave too..Sharon did you get rained out this past wek?? We are still getting a little rain here but not too much..Where is everyone/? Barbara where are you at?? To all the newbies get on here and start talking!! It is far too dead in here!!!!!

Jan

Guest guest

I know that the TA offer the SR para a conversion to enter as a CMT1 after 2

weeks military recruit training but haven't heard the other way round.

al

Rod Eglin <rod.eglin@...> wrote:

Hi guys

Has any ex mill chaps done a course known as a Paramedics Conversion Course

(V)?

I am doing the course at the end of the month. The objective is to 'fast

track' Paramedics to a CMT class 1

Please contact me offline: armymedic@...

ANY help would be apreciated.

Cheers

Rod

Get Tiscali Broadband From £15:99

http://www.tiscali.co.uk/products/broadbandhome/

Member Information:

List owner: Ian Sharpe Owner@...

Editor: Ross Boardman Editor@...

ALL list admin messages (subscriptions & unsubscriptions) should be sent to the

list owner.

Post message: egroups

Please visit our website http://www.remotemedics.co.uk

Regards

The Remote Medics Team

Guest guest

Bob's my Yooper buddy! He's right up the road from Green Bay, in the part of Michigan that should really be Wisconsin.. :) -dz-Janet <jfw4359@...> wrote:

Jan

Guest guest

They're predicting a spectacular fall, due to the weather patterns this summer. I hope so. It's one of my favorite times of the year. -dz-Bob <mellowcargo2003@...> wrote:

Jan, I live in the upper peninsula of Michigan. I'm closer to Dave in Green Bay than to Lansing our capital. The fall colors are beautiful now but we may get rain mixed with snow in the next few days. Yuck! Bob

Jan

Guest guest

I love the colars of fall & was hoping to see a little while we were back in Mo. But not this year. Oh well. TerryDave <dhz920@...> wrote:

They're predicting a spectacular fall, due to the weather patterns this summer. I hope so. It's one of my favorite times of the year. -dz-Bob <mellowcargo2003@...> wrote:

Jan

Guest guest

Well, it sounds like your spirits are still up there!! Good luck with the van and take care of that foot! -dz-Janet <jfw4359@...> wrote:

Hey there..The hubby is off to work after messing up the van and us having to put it in the shop just before he had to leave..3 times I told him DO NOT TOUCH IT!! Did he listen? NO!! So after about 30 minutes he came in and said I can't fix it and it is pouring water..I just looked at hima nd said "What did I tell you?"..He said well I didn't listen so now you have to call the mechanic and have him fix it..Ok so when we get there I am wearing house slippers due to my fat hurting foot and what does the mecahnic do?? He decides to pick on me and step on my foot!! Well I called him a dirty word and told him about my foot..We both started laughing cause he didn't know and was embrassed but boy was it swollen last night..Looked defomed!!! Now I am having to stay off of it today..Too fat to wear shoes!! Hope all have a great weekend!!

Dave <dhz920@...> wrote:

Jan

Guest guest

Anjee,

It depends on how much rice and how much fish you are getting. Just

half a cup of white rice is 121 calories, 26.7 g carb, and only 2.2 g

protein. That's one carb serving already. It's easier than you think

to hit that 1/2 c. mark for rice, and many rolls don't have much in

the way of protein. 5-7 average size pieces of sushi with rice

probably contain that much rice. I know that some restaurants--mostly

in California--sell brown rice sushi, but most places do not. White

rice technically isn't authorized on BFL, but as long as you aren't

hitting the sushi too hard every week, it won't kill your progress.

Besides, brown rice is VILE in sushi.

I do sushi by ordering mostly sashimi (fish slices without rice) and

maybe one 6 piece roll of regular sushi. If I'm at an all-you-can-eat

sushi/Asian buffet, I just grab a variety of rolls, but stop eating

the rice after I hit the 1/2 c. mark. It looks tacky, but hey, I'm

still sort of on plan.

;)

Maggie

On Fri, 15 Oct 2004 12:36:32 -0400, abates@...

<abates@...> wrote:

>

> --

> Question for the food gurus

>

> Is sushi an acceptable meal? Particularly tuna. I had some the other day,

> and I

> added a carb, because while there was rice around the outside, it didn't

> seem

> like an entire carb serving. Thanks!

>

> anjee

Guest guest

LOL The sushi resturaunts here charge you if you leave the rice!! I

can eat a TON of sushi at the all you can eat bar. I usually go once

every two months and probably eat my weight in sushi.

I figure normally the carbs wouuld be way to high. Even if it is a

nigiri sushi (the piece of fish laying on the blob of rice) it adds

up quick. And it is white rice and besides that sticky rice which

means they usually add sugar and vinagar. :)

MMMMMM Sushi. Now I am going to want some ;)

> >

> > --

> > Question for the food gurus

> >

> > Is sushi an acceptable meal? Particularly tuna. I had some the

other day,

> > and I

> > added a carb, because while there was rice around the outside,

it didn't

> > seem

> > like an entire carb serving. Thanks!

> >

> > anjee

Guest guest

Kathy, happy happy happy birthday!

>From: "anita kessler" <AnitaK001@...> >Reply- >"SALINE SUPPORT" < > >Subject: (unknown) >Date: Fri, 22 Oct 2004 06:00:24 -0700 > >Kathy, >Happy Birthday! Sorry this is a day late. Hope you had a good one. Love, Anita

Guest guest

-

Thanks ! I celebrated without a cake! I know this is bad of

me, but the kids put five candles (each decade!) in a musketeer bar

and sang happy birthday. I ate the candy bar(no gluten)! I got

some very nice presents, the nicest being that my 17 year old sarah

made a really sweet memory book of me, my mom,dad and sisters, my

dogs, (past and present) and my family now. It was so sweet! I am

truly blessed. Sometimes I find myself focusing on what is wrong in

my life instead of what is right. I am ashamed! Now if only I

could stay this way!

love,

kathy

-- In , " JOSEPH PALANCA "

<juliejp61@m...> wrote:

>

Guest guest

Happy Birthday Kathy, God Bless you throughout the year and hope your thoughts are heavenly, Hugs, K.mikat828 <mikat828@...> wrote:

-Thanks ! I celebrated without a cake! I know this is bad of me, but the kids put five candles (each decade!) in a musketeer bar and sang happy birthday. I ate the candy bar(no gluten)! I got some very nice presents, the nicest being that my 17 year old sarah made a really sweet memory book of me, my mom,dad and sisters, my dogs, (past and present) and my family now. It was so sweet! I am truly blessed. Sometimes I find myself focusing on what is wrong in my life instead of what is right. I am ashamed! Now if only I could stay this way!love,kathy-- In , "JOSEPH PALANCA" <juliejp61@m...> wrote:>

Guest guest

KAthy, you go gluten girl! That memory book sounds so sweet. You deserve it.

>From: "mikat828" <mikat828@...> >Reply- > >Subject: Re: (unknown) >Date: Fri, 22 Oct 2004 21:16:53 -0000 > > > >- >Thanks ! I celebrated without a cake! I know this is bad of >me, but the kids put five candles (each decade!) in a musketeer bar >and sang happy birthday. I ate the candy bar(no gluten)! I got >some very nice presents, the nicest being that my 17 year old sarah >made a really sweet memory book of me, my mom,dad and sisters, my >dogs, (past and present) and my family now. It was so sweet! I am >truly blessed. Sometimes I find myself focusing on what is wrong in >my life instead of what is right. I am ashamed! Now if only I >could stay this way! >love, >kathy > > > > > > > > > > > >-- In , "JOSEPH PALANCA" ><juliejp61@m...> wrote: > > > > > > > >

Guest guest

Have you tried the generic version?

Ruposky <ficheboy2001@...> wrote:I was wondering if anyone has

experienced any problems with the increase of Synthroid medication. I was paying

less than $6 for 100 pills, now I am paying over $40 for 90 pills. I was

wondering if I am the only person who is experiencing this. I have been on

Syntroid for the past 2 years and I have Graves Disease. Can someone tell me

where I can purchase Synthroid for a cheaper price besides going to Canada.

Guest guest

i do not really have any idea,my synthroid medicane is free to me i pay

nothing.and have been on different doses since i was teenager.i am on a low dose

at this moment & time,i do not wish to disclose exact.rian Ruposky

<ficheboy2001@...> wrote:I was wondering if anyone has experienced any

problems with the increase of Synthroid medication. I was paying less than $6

for 100 pills, now I am paying over $40 for 90 pills. I was wondering if I am

the only person who is experiencing this. I have been on Syntroid for the past 2

years and I have Graves Disease. Can someone tell me where I can purchase

Synthroid for a cheaper price besides going to Canada.

Guest guest

You can take a look at Our Charts at our website to

understand why the costs have gone up so much...

On Fri, 29 Oct 2004 05:17:03 -0700 (PDT)

Sutherland <scorpiomks@...> wrote:

> i do not really have any idea,my synthroid medicane

>is free to me i pay nothing.and have been on different

>doses since i was teenager.i am on a low dose at this

>moment & time,i do not wish to disclose exact.rian

>Ruposky <ficheboy2001@...> wrote:I was wondering if

>anyone has experienced any problems with the increase of

>Synthroid medication. I was paying less than $6 for 100

>pills, now I am paying over $40 for 90 pills. I was

>wondering if I am the only person who is experiencing

>this. I have been on Syntroid for the past 2 years and I

>have Graves Disease. Can someone tell me where I can

>purchase Synthroid for a cheaper price besides going to

>Canada.

>

> __________________________________________________

>

Guest guest

Ruposky wrote:

> I was wondering if anyone has experienced any problems with the

>increase of Synthroid medication. I was paying less than $6 for 100

pills,

>now I am paying over $40 for 90 pills. ...

These sound like co-pay rates on insurance rather than retail prices.

The full freight for Synthroid has been steadily decreasing over the

last three years from a price that was more than double what you state

here.

It sounds as if your insurance carrier is attempting to persuade you to

switch to a less costly generic. I did that a few months ago and found

that the dosage needs to be increased slightly. Warnings about that are

in our archives. The only way to be sure is to test again, which may

cost you more than a year's difference in price. Depending on what your

last TSH was, your doc may be willing to nudge the dose up when you

change brands. It wouldn't hurt to ask.

Chuck

Guest guest

Tina, it's ok. you don't have to be active. it's not like there's a

requirement to post :) Don't feel guilty. The last thing you need is to feel

guilt for not posting, on top of everything else you deal with. Feel free to

rant away if you'd like. I know I've only been here for a week or 2 now, but

I know that it's ok to dump that stuff here if you'd like. It helps just to

get it out and off your chest. Sharing it is the first step of getting over

it. Feel free :) If you don't feel like it, that's ok too :)

Bright Blessings

Crystal

>From: " Tina " <thornofaradia1@...>

>Reply-

>

>Subject: [ ] (unknown)

>Date: Wed, 03 Nov 2004 17:56:18 -0000

>

>

>

>Sorry for not being a very active groupmember. Things are really

>insane, and not even the most sympathetic listener deserves the type

>of ranting I'm spewing forth right now. Thank you , Fran, and

>everybody. Peace & Blessings to all.

>

> Blessed Be, T.

>

>

>

>

>

>

Guest guest

Oh well eh...Kathysuzie <suzieandsandy@...> wrote:

Kathy, By the way, inside this fat & 54 year old body is a slim 17 year old screaming "How did this happen to me?" Suzie

Next time I'm coming back as a cat .

Kathy Brunow

Guest guest

Hey, Marge! That is all good news! It may be that it is harder for you to

watch your daughter going through all of this than it is for her to do it!

Thank God she has you! She is one lucky person!

Just be there for her, to do a lot of the little things, like making her

some soup, helping her to the bathroom , etc.

I think you probably are a wonderful mother!

Good luck to both of you!

Carole

Guest guest

In a message dated 11/6/2004 7:12:32 PM Alaskan Standard Time,

lisamunson@... writes:

> I think what moses meant that he is having a urological problem related to

> ansthesia but I am not sure. That is not common. Snoopy

That is what I deduced finally.. but for a while I could not figure it out

because his symptom was not one I had heard of before.. for CIs.

However I have had an acoustic neuroma and surgery to remove it from my inner

ear, which is why I am deaf. Many people have to have what is called a

*shunt* after acoustic neuroma surgery (AN) because spinal fluid blockage may

result as an after effect. With a shunt a small tube drains fluid from the

inner

ear to relieve the pressure.. soooo maybe one can understand why I thought

Moses had a shunt from the surgery. I was concerned because I'd never heard of

that resulting from CI implantation.

Pam

Guest guest

Hi ,

Good advice to Anne here. I was really touched where you said your could not handle the stressful situation in high school because of too much noise, and lights, etc. All of a sudden it swept me back to when my son was "mainstreamed!" I could just feel it as I read what you had written about your son. Boy was it ever hard on him, and I knew it was at the time, but nobody would listen to me. They had labeled him "noncompliant" by then, and had these rigorous programs in place that were supposed to make him obey them.

But you could tell that he could not handle all the noise in the place, teenagers rushing back and forth, and banging lockers, and screaming and yelling in the halls, not to mention the fact that he was under so much pressure to "perform" in front of an audience of his peers, which he had never been around before, having gone to a special ed school. And added to that he had to worry about having a grand mal seizure in front of them, in fact one day he did have one, and they called me, and that was the end of that pretty much.

Just wanted you to know that your letter touched me. You know, sometimes the school people do not know what in the world they are doing. They think something is right, when it is waaaaaaaaaay wrong for our kids.

It sure helps to share our experiences here, thank you to all of you who share the way you do!

Love to you all,

Carolyn in Oregon, waiting for the Ducks to play California on network t.v. Gooooooooo Ducks!!!!!!!

(unknown)

Anne,I have been reading your posts, and like someone else said, it brings back many memories for me also. I have a 16 year old with Asperger's (diagnosed 2 years ago) and an 11 year old with autism (diagnosed when he was 2). When you do get your diagnosis, you will feel better, I think, because the unknown is much scarier than the known. Once you find out for sure what it is, then you can begin to do your research and busy yourself in doing whatever you can to get your son into the program (and the therapies) that he needs. My 16 year old son with Asperger's was always in the SLD (learning disabilities) because even though we knew something wasn't right with him, we didn't know exactly what. So the school system did give him OT for years, which really helped. Now that he just started high school, regular classes (changing classes since it's high school) is now way too stressful for him...the noise, lights, etc. So we are in the process of having to have him reevaluated by the school so he can be put in their autism/asperger's class. There are only 8 students in this class, they stay in the same classroom all day and it is quiet and does not have fluorescent lighting. I showed up WITH a letter from a very highly respected psychiatrist stating that my son has Asperger's, bipolar and ADD. The school system then informed me that this wasn't GOOD enough...that he couldn't get into this class until THEY determine that he was autism....HUH???? I asked "since when does a school system determine if someone is autistic and a letter from a doctor isn't good enough?" They gave me some convoluted explanation that they must "determine his eligibility". Baloney! Anyway, we are almost done with all the testing and it will be worth it in the end.Sorry I'm rambling here, but I do feel your pain and remember well. It does get better, I promise. I had many days of tears, frustration, depression, etc. What helped me work my way through the grieving process was busying myself with research, etc.And the "mama bear" instinct kicks in and you would slay a dragon to get your child what he needs. I was never a "go up against authority" type of person..on the shy side. One positive that came out of having two sons on the spectrum is that that doesn't apply to me anymore at all!Thinking of you and hoping you get your diagnosis for him soon!