RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Re: (unknown)

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I always got relief by elevating my knee above my head and icing it

for an hour or two. Problem is, I didn't want to live the rest of my

life on my back with a bucket of ice at my side.

Mike

MT

I do ice it about 3 times a day. when i ice my foot, i ice my

knee also. sometimes ice makes it feel worse,so i'll do heat for

a little bit. HEat feels so much better. here is an

article i found on heat & icing.

HEAT

Occassionally heat can be of benefit after the initial pain has

resolved. Heat is sometimes useful to combat stiffness. You can apply

a heating pad on a low setting for approximately 10-20 minutes at a

time. If you do not have a heating pad, you can use a soft terry cloth

hand towel placed under warm (not hot) tap water.

ICE

Cryotherapy (ice, cold therapy) is an excellent way to control your

pain. Do not apply ice directly to your skin for more than 5 minutes

as it can cause burns. A device specially designed to cool your joint

(store bought ice pads) can be used for longer periods, as long as you

carefully follow the directions and discontinue its use if you have

pain or a burning sensation.

I am so mad,though, because i used to run six days a week before i

injured my knee and foot. I just wore a knee brace,but now the doc

says running is over for me. My poor dog is getting the worst of

it,though. He has gained about 20lbs...lol

Guest guest

I am here, wasting away a Monday.

Lynne Dunham

NVSR Director, Follow-up Coordinator

NVSR.org

-----Original Message-----From: Janet [mailto:jfw4359@...]Sent: Monday, September 20, 2004 1:30 PM Subject: [ ] (unknown)

Hey where is everyone at today?? I know i'm not the only one in here..ROFLMAO!! If I am then I am one lonely person..The weather is nice and kind of cool today for a change..That's nice for us..How was everyone's weekend?? Mine was ok especially when they called for the hubby to go back to work..It was past time..Besides the bills my nerves too..Well someone get in touch..LOL..I'll be looking for yall...

Jan

Guest guest

There is alot I could be doing if I would only get of fmy butt and do it..LOL..My plants need working and stuff..Could be cleaning my house but there's no rush in that beings itis just my daughter and I here..We aren't messy at all..The hubby is..LOL..How areyout oday Lynn??

Lynne <lynne@...> wrote:

Lynne Dunham

NVSR.org

-----Original Message-----From: Janet [mailto:jfw4359@...]Sent: Monday, September 20, 2004 1:30 PM Subject: [ ] (unknown)

Hey where is everyone at today?? I know i'm not the only one in here..ROFLMAO!! If I am then I am one lonely person..The weather is nice and kind of cool today for a change..That's nice for us..How was everyone's weekend?? Mine was ok especially when they called for the hubby to go back to work..It was past time..Besides the bills my nerves too..Well someone get in touch..LOL..I'll be looking for yall...

Jan

Guest guest

I did take all 4 dogs out for a walk this morning and a bit of cleaning, but the rest of the morning been sleeping in and bored. I keep looking at those darn plants and will do it another day. LOL My legs are killing me and they hurt worse laying or sitting, so I keep walking around.

Did you damage from Ivan?

Lynne Dunham

NVSR.org

-----Original Message-----From: Janet [mailto:jfw4359@...]Sent: Monday, September 20, 2004 1:42 PM Subject: RE: [ ] (unknown)

There is alot I could be doing if I would only get of fmy butt and do it..LOL..My plants need working and stuff..Could be cleaning my house but there's no rush in that beings itis just my daughter and I here..We aren't messy at all..The hubby is..LOL..How areyout oday Lynn??

Lynne <lynne@...> wrote:

Lynne Dunham

NVSR.org

Jan

Guest guest

No we didn't get any of Ivan's stuff..We were lucky..Just the hubby had to come in to be safe is all..I'll be thankful if they don't have to come in for anymore this year though..I let my 2 little ones out to potty a little while ago..Now they are being lazy too just layin gon the bed..Did I tell you I have a 8 mo. old now?? His name is Pocho..He is like my Shakey but a deer head..He is long and skinny but so fast and so spoiled too..He was very scared when we first got him but now he is so much better..He likes to play alot..Lynne <lynne@...>

wrote:

I did take all 4 dogs out for a walk this morning and a bit of cleaning, but the rest of the morning been sleeping in and bored. I keep looking at those darn plants and will do it another day. LOL My legs are killing me and they hurt worse laying or sitting, so I keep walking around.

Lynne Dunham

NVSR.org

-----Original Message-----From: Janet [mailto:jfw4359@...]Sent: Monday, September 20, 2004 1:42 PM Subject: RE: [ ] (unknown)

Lynne <lynne@...> wrote:

Lynne Dunham

NVSR.org

Jan

Guest guest

Where did you get him from? I just went from 5 dogs down to 4, one got adopted yesterday and I am keeping my fingers crossed that all goes well.

Lynne Dunham

NVSR.org

-----Original Message-----From: Janet [mailto:jfw4359@...]Sent: Monday, September 20, 2004 1:55 PM Subject: RE: [ ] (unknown)

No we didn't get any of Ivan's stuff..We were lucky..Just the hubby had to come in to be safe is all..I'll be thankful if they don't have to come in for anymore this year though..I let my 2 little ones out to potty a little while ago..Now they are being lazy too just layin gon the bed..Did I tell you I have a 8 mo. old now?? His name is Pocho..He is like my Shakey but a deer head..He is long and skinny but so fast and so spoiled too..He was very scared when we first got him but now he is so much better..He likes to play alot..Lynne <lynne@...>

wrote:

Lynne Dunham

NVSR.org

Lynne <lynne@...> wrote:

Lynne Dunham

NVSR.org

Jan

Guest guest

Originally Poncho was from a litter my mother-in-laws dog Tinker had..Then she gave him to her brother who didn't really take care of him..He wanted one like Shakey that lies to lay around all day..Poncho is completely opposite..He is very hyper..Bud didn't realize that Shakey is 4 years old and he is almost out of the running around stage but Poncho does get Shakey going sometimes..They are both so jealous of one another..It is so cute though..Floyd calls me the dog lady cause they are always on me when I am sitting or laying in bed..Shakey is an applehead..I really wanted a female applehead and do plan on getting one for Shakey..Poncho was suppose to be for my daughter but he don't go around her much..I fussed because I had to drive 300 miles round trip to get him and he don't even go to her..He stays stuck up my butt all the time..LOL..Now Ijust love him to death..He is so

cute!!

Lynne <lynne@...> wrote:

Where did you get him from? I just went from 5 dogs down to 4, one got adopted yesterday and I am keeping my fingers crossed that all goes well.

Lynne Dunham

NVSR.org

-----Original Message-----From: Janet [mailto:jfw4359@...]Sent: Monday, September 20, 2004 1:55 PM Subject: RE: [ ] (unknown)

wrote:

Lynne Dunham

NVSR.org

Lynne <lynne@...> wrote:

Lynne Dunham

NVSR.org

Jan

Guest guest

I know I love watching mine zoom around the room. The near misses are really funning.

Lynne Dunham

NVSR.org

-----Original Message-----From: Janet [mailto:jfw4359@...]Sent: Monday, September 20, 2004 2:24 PM Subject: RE: [ ] (unknown)

Originally Poncho was from a litter my mother-in-laws dog Tinker had..Then she gave him to her brother who didn't really take care of him..He wanted one like Shakey that lies to lay around all day..Poncho is completely opposite..He is very hyper..Bud didn't realize that Shakey is 4 years old and he is almost out of the running around stage but Poncho does get Shakey going sometimes..They are both so jealous of one another..It is so cute though..Floyd calls me the dog lady cause they are always on me when I am sitting or laying in bed..Shakey is an applehead..I really wanted a female applehead and do plan on getting one for Shakey..Poncho was suppose to be for my daughter but he don't go around her much..I fussed because I had to drive 300 miles round trip to get him and he don't even go to her..He stays stuck up my butt all the time..LOL..Now Ijust love him to death..He is so cute!!

Lynne <lynne@...> wrote:

Lynne Dunham

NVSR.org

wrote:

Lynne Dunham

NVSR.org

Lynne <lynne@...> wrote:

Lynne Dunham

NVSR.org

Jan

Guest guest

I want to see a picture of these dogs. Do you have any??

Rhonda

[ ] (unknown)

>

>

> Hey where is everyone at today?? I know i'm not the only

one

> in here..ROFLMAO!! If I am then I am one lonely person..The weather is

nice

> and kind of cool today for a change..That's nice for us..How was

everyone's

> weekend?? Mine was ok especially when they called for the hubby to go back

> to work..It was past time..Besides the bills my nerves too..Well someone

get

> in touch..LOL..I'll be looking for yall...

>

>

>

>

> Jan

>

> __________________________________________________

>

Guest guest

Never ask a dog person for a picture. LOL

Lynne Dunham

NVSR.org

Re: [ ] (unknown)

I want to see a picture of these dogs. Do you have any??

Rhonda

[ ] (unknown)

>

>

> Hey where is everyone at today?? I know i'm not the only

one

> in here..ROFLMAO!! If I am then I am one lonely person..The weather is

nice

> and kind of cool today for a change..That's nice for us..How was

everyone's

> weekend?? Mine was ok especially when they called for the hubby to go back

> to work..It was past time..Besides the bills my nerves too..Well someone

get

> in touch..LOL..I'll be looking for yall...

>

>

>

>

> Jan

>

> __________________________________________________

>

Guest guest

Ah what cute kids :)

Here are mine.

Conner on the right Cody on the left and Annie in the middle. She is 16

weeks old now and my first toy. She's sure fun and very smart. It's a

pleasure to teach her things :)

Rhonda

[ ] (unknown)

> >

> >

> > Hey where is everyone at today?? I know i'm not the only

> one

> > in here..ROFLMAO!! If I am then I am one lonely person..The weather is

> nice

> > and kind of cool today for a change..That's nice for us..How was

> everyone's

> > weekend?? Mine was ok especially when they called for the hubby to go

back

> > to work..It was past time..Besides the bills my nerves too..Well someone

> get

> > in touch..LOL..I'll be looking for yall...

> >

> >

> >

> >

> > Jan

> >

> > __________________________________________________

> >

Guest guest

Poms are fun little dogs, before long she will be teenager and can't hear a

word you are saying. :)

Lynne Dunham

NVSR.org

Re: [ ] (unknown)

Ah what cute kids :)

Here are mine.

Conner on the right Cody on the left and Annie in the middle. She is 16

weeks old now and my first toy. She's sure fun and very smart. It's a

pleasure to teach her things :)

Rhonda

[ ] (unknown)

> >

> >

> > Hey where is everyone at today?? I know i'm not the only

> one

> > in here..ROFLMAO!! If I am then I am one lonely person..The weather is

> nice

> > and kind of cool today for a change..That's nice for us..How was

> everyone's

> > weekend?? Mine was ok especially when they called for the hubby to go

back

> > to work..It was past time..Besides the bills my nerves too..Well someone

> get

> > in touch..LOL..I'll be looking for yall...

> >

> >

> >

> >

> > Jan

> >

> > __________________________________________________

> >

Guest guest

Hi Jan. It is 3:00 my time & I just got home from work. Just one more day of work this week. Then I will be on my way back to Mo for a week, I will be back in God's country. TerryJanet <jfw4359@...> wrote:

Jan

Guest guest

Our three little dogs Gidget & Teddy chase each other around the house "Susy's & Mom's dogs" but Dr Pepper "my fat little Taco Bell dog 20 LBS" is a little lap dog. If I'm in my Lazy Boy he is by my side, if not he is sitting with Mom. TerryLynne <lynne@...> wrote:

I know I love watching mine zoom around the room. The near misses are really funning.

Lynne Dunham

NVSR.org

-----Original Message-----From: Janet [mailto:jfw4359@...]Sent: Monday, September 20, 2004 2:24 PM Subject: RE: [ ] (unknown)

Originally Poncho was from a litter my mother-in-laws dog Tinker had..Then she gave him to her brother who didn't really take care of him..He wanted one like Shakey that lies to lay around all day..Poncho is completely opposite..He is very hyper..Bud didn't realize that Shakey is 4 years old and he is almost out of the running around stage but Poncho does get Shakey going sometimes..They are both so jealous of one another..It is so cute though..Floyd calls me the dog lady cause they are always on me when I am sitting or laying in bed..Shakey is an applehead..I really wanted a female applehead and do plan on getting one for Shakey..Poncho was suppose to be for my daughter but he don't go around her much..I fussed because I had to drive 300 miles round trip to get him and he don't even go to her..He stays stuck up my butt all the time..LOL..Now Ijust love him to death..He is so

cute!!

Lynne <lynne@...> wrote:

Lynne Dunham

NVSR.org

wrote:

Lynne Dunham

NVSR.org

Lynne <lynne@...> wrote:

Lynne Dunham

NVSR.org

Jan

Guest guest

Tery my little Shakey weighs 6 1/2 lbs and I thought he was fat..LOL..Now Poncho weighs maybe 3 lbs..I try to fatten him up but I think it is his breed of taco bell dog that makes him slim..Either that or heis so actve that's what's doing it..Now Shakey does get more exercise since Ponco is around!!

Terry Long <pawpawto3@...> wrote:

Our three little dogs Gidget & Teddy chase each other around the house "Susy's & Mom's dogs" but Dr Pepper "my fat little Taco Bell dog 20 LBS" is a little lap dog. If I'm in my Lazy Boy he is by my side, if not he is sitting with Mom. TerryLynne <lynne@...> wrote:

Lynne Dunham

NVSR.org

cute!!

Lynne <lynne@...> wrote:

Lynne Dunham

NVSR.org

wrote:

Lynne Dunham

NVSR.org

Lynne <lynne@...> wrote:

Lynne Dunham

NVSR.org

Jan

Guest guest

Dr Pepper should only be around 5 Lbs. It is hard trying to get him to lose those Lbs. All three dogs eat from the same bowl. Watching the three, he doesn't seam to eat more then the other two. TerryJanet <jfw4359@...> wrote:

Tery my little Shakey weighs 6 1/2 lbs and I thought he was fat..LOL..Now Poncho weighs maybe 3 lbs..I try to fatten him up but I think it is his breed of taco bell dog that makes him slim..Either that or heis so actve that's what's doing it..Now Shakey does get more exercise since Ponco is around!!

Lynne Dunham

NVSR.org

cute!!

Lynne <lynne@...> wrote:

Lynne Dunham

NVSR.org

wrote:

Lynne Dunham

NVSR.org

Lynne <lynne@...> wrote:

Lynne Dunham

NVSR.org

Jan

Guest guest

You really should feed each one separately, so when one stops eating because they are sick, you will be able to pick up on it quickly before he/she get really ill. With my 4 the largest @ 47 lbs gets 3/4 cup a day, and the smallest @ 25 lbs get 2 cups. Have you tried the green beans diet w/them? Just decrease the amount of food and replace with the beans, no calories. Works wonders on our rescues.

Lynne Dunham

NVSR.org

-----Original Message-----From: Terry Long [mailto:pawpawto3@...]Sent: Monday, September 20, 2004 6:53 PM Subject: RE: [ ] (unknown)

Dr Pepper should only be around 5 Lbs. It is hard trying to get him to lose those Lbs. All three dogs eat from the same bowl. Watching the three, he doesn't seam to eat more then the other two. TerryJanet <jfw4359@...> wrote:

Lynne Dunham

NVSR.org

Originally Poncho was from a litter my mother-in-laws dog Tinker had..Then she gave him to her brother who didn't really take care of him..He wanted one like Shakey that lies to lay around all day..Poncho is completely opposite..He is very hyper..Bud didn't realize that Shakey is 4 years old and he is almost out of the running around stage but Poncho does get Shakey going sometimes..They are both so jealous of one another..It is so cute though..Floyd calls me the dog lady cause they are always on me when I am sitting or laying in bed..Shakey is an applehead..I really wanted a female applehead and do plan on getting one for Shakey..Poncho was suppose to be for my daughter but he don't go around her much..I fussed because I had to drive 300 miles round trip to get him and he don't even go to her..He stays stuck up my butt all the time..LOL..Now Ijust love him to death..He is so cute!!

Lynne <lynne@...> wrote:

Lynne Dunham

NVSR.org

wrote:

Lynne Dunham

NVSR.org

Lynne <lynne@...> wrote:

Lynne Dunham

NVSR.org

Jan

Guest guest

The teen years is very hard on the ears of all kinds of animals-lol

Rhonda

[ ] (unknown)

> > >

> > >

> > > Hey where is everyone at today?? I know i'm not the

only

> > one

> > > in here..ROFLMAO!! If I am then I am one lonely person..The weather is

> > nice

> > > and kind of cool today for a change..That's nice for us..How was

> > everyone's

> > > weekend?? Mine was ok especially when they called for the hubby to go

> back

> > > to work..It was past time..Besides the bills my nerves too..Well

someone

> > get

> > > in touch..LOL..I'll be looking for yall...

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > > Jan

> > >

> > > __________________________________________________

> > >

Guest guest

Have fun Terry.

SharonTerry Long <pawpawto3@...> wrote:

Hi Jan. It is 3:00 my time & I just got home from work. Just one more day of work this week. Then I will be on my way back to Mo for a week, I will be back in God's country. TerryJanet <jfw4359@...> wrote:

Jan

Guest guest

All three dogs are grazers. They will go eat a bite & walk away, then come back later. Teddy & Dr Pepper have been doing this for around 8 or 9 years, Gidget for 2. It is kind of hard to alter that now. We had been also giving them food off the table. But we have stopped that. Hopping that helps Dr Pepper. I have had him for 9 years. He was suppose to be our son's "" dog. But Dr Pepper picked me as his Master. Dr Pepper & Gidget sleeps in bed with us. Teddy is Mom's dog. But with Mom's health, she can't help him up in her lap & he won't let anyone pick him up. If Dr Pepper is not in my chair with me. Teddy will jump up with me. Mom keeps her chair reclined, I guess he can't hop up there with the chair reclined. TerryLynne <lynne@...> wrote:

You really should feed each one separately, so when one stops eating because they are sick, you will be able to pick up on it quickly before he/she get really ill. With my 4 the largest @ 47 lbs gets 3/4 cup a day, and the smallest @ 25 lbs get 2 cups. Have you tried the green beans diet w/them? Just decrease the amount of food and replace with the beans, no calories. Works wonders on our rescues.

Lynne Dunham

NVSR.org

-----Original Message-----From: Terry Long [mailto:pawpawto3@...]Sent: Monday, September 20, 2004 6:53 PM Subject: RE: [ ] (unknown)

Lynne Dunham

NVSR.org

cute!!

Lynne <lynne@...> wrote:

Lynne Dunham

NVSR.org

wrote:

Lynne Dunham

NVSR.org

Lynne <lynne@...> wrote:

Lynne Dunham

NVSR.org

Jan

Guest guest

Thanks Sharon. We always have fun back there. Only trouble we never want to come back here to the desert. We keep talking about moving back there after Mom is gone. If I can get over the fear of not finding another job, that pays enough for us to live on. I thank we will. TerrySharon Zeis <szeis_1@...> wrote:

Have fun Terry.

Jan

Guest guest

I agree and will get off this subject, except for one more thing :). With doing rescue we get many in that were grazers for 10 yrs or more. We put the bowl down and pick it up in 20 minutes twice daily. But doing rescue is totally different, most are ancient dogs that owners didn't have the guts to put down, so they were drop off at shelters. We have no way of knowing what health issues these dogs have, and knowing how much they are eating is a warning sign to us. Especially if they need to loose a few pounds. Gosh my oldest is 16 and eats a bit here and there so she is fed 4 times a day, so I have to pick it up before the vultures steal her dish :) If she doesn't eat much at all for a day, I know it is time to run the vets. She has a heart problems which have been under control for the last 2 years. But she is old and has other issues. She I watch her intake and out-take. As long as she is happy content, walking slowly, when she looks a bit miserable I will do what is best for her.

They are getting older, it might be worth a try to feed special treats , like a small piece of potatoes in separate bowls place far enough away from each other.

I am off my soup box now.

Lynne Dunham

NVSR.org

-----Original Message-----From: Terry Long [mailto:pawpawto3@...]Sent: Monday, September 20, 2004 9:28 PM Subject: RE: [ ] (unknown)

All three dogs are grazers. They will go eat a bite & walk away, then come back later. Teddy & Dr Pepper have been doing this for around 8 or 9 years, Gidget for 2. It is kind of hard to alter that now. We had been also giving them food off the table. But we have stopped that. Hopping that helps Dr Pepper. I have had him for 9 years. He was suppose to be our son's "" dog. But Dr Pepper picked me as his Master. Dr Pepper & Gidget sleeps in bed with us. Teddy is Mom's dog. But with Mom's health, she can't help him up in her lap & he won't let anyone pick him up. If Dr Pepper is not in my chair with me. Teddy will jump up with me. Mom keeps her chair reclined, I guess he can't hop up there with the chair reclined. TerryLynne <lynne@...> wrote:

Lynne Dunham

NVSR.org

Lynne Dunham

NVSR.org

Lynne <lynne@...> wrote:

Lynne Dunham

NVSR.org

wrote:

Lynne Dunham

NVSR.org

Lynne <lynne@...> wrote:

Lynne Dunham

NVSR.org

Jan

Guest guest

The cost of living is much lower in Missouri. I recall my aunt and uncle, living on a fixed income, found the lowest cost of living in the US was some town in Missouri, and they lived there for several years. -dz-Terry Long <pawpawto3@...> wrote:

Thanks Sharon. We always have fun back there. Only trouble we never want to come back here to the desert. We keep talking about moving back there after Mom is gone. If I can get over the fear of not finding another job, that pays enough for us to live on. I thank we will. TerrySharon Zeis <szeis_1@...> wrote:

Have fun Terry.

Jan

Guest guest

I know you are right, though I am guilty of filling the dish and leaving it too. I have done soem reading and they recommend as you do that you feed the dog and what he/she doesn't eat within 30 minutes you take away. I guess they think that (the perpetual bowl) is one of the reasons we have so many overweight pets. We haven't run into that problem yet. -dz-Lynne <lynne@...> wrote:

I agree and will get off this subject, except for one more thing :). With doing rescue we get many in that were grazers for 10 yrs or more. We put the bowl down and pick it up in 20 minutes twice daily. But doing rescue is totally different, most are ancient dogs that owners didn't have the guts to put down, so they were drop off at shelters. We have no way of knowing what health issues these dogs have, and knowing how much they are eating is a warning sign to us. Especially if they need to loose a few pounds. Gosh my oldest is 16 and eats a bit here and there so she is fed 4 times a day, so I have to pick it up before the vultures steal her dish :) If she doesn't eat much at all for a day, I know it is time to run the vets. She has a heart problems which have been under control for the last 2 years. But she is old and has other issues.

She I watch her intake and out-take. As long as she is happy content, walking slowly, when she looks a bit miserable I will do what is best for her.

They are getting older, it might be worth a try to feed special treats , like a small piece of potatoes in separate bowls place far enough away from each other.

I am off my soup box now.

Lynne Dunham

NVSR.org

Guest guest

I've been away for a while. My sister-in-law is dying. She has had ms for years and has had trouble with bedsores and has been going downhill. She got a bad infection and was in critical condition last week Monday. She got better once, but then slipped back. They are keeping her comfortable and more or less waiting for her to slip away. She has been lasting now longer than expected, but has not regained consciousness for a couple of days now. She is in her early 50's. -dz-Janet <jfw4359@...> wrote:

Jan