RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

HELP

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Thanks Dianne,

I seem to be getting mixed responses, most of them positive but a few negative (although some for sleeves). One of them said that when blood was taken before surgery gloves were not used, they didn't see any toxic waste bins for blood etc. My worst fear would be to go with Mexico and come away with a successful band but also an infection that i cant get rid of.

My mom has scared me off a bit now, hence why i am trying to feel more confident after speaking to people who have been there and done that

From: Dianne <diladirn@...> Sent: Wednesday, October 29, 2008 5:15:29 PMSubject: Re: help

>> I have been trying for some time now to find a surgeon for WLS, costs within the US are so expensive that i think the only step is to go to Mexico. I have spoken to several surgical companies and think i feel confident in what i have heard about Dr Aceves, however to give myself piece of mind i wanted to speak to people who had experienced this surgery both by Dr Aceves and going to Mexico.> > Is Mexcio really that bad? what are the facilities really like? How do i know that the surgery wont go bad or me get an infection from the hosptal? Did anyone else have the same concerns?> > Please help andput my fears to

bed>I was banded by Dr Aceves on Oct 20 and i have nothing but good things to say about the whole experience. Being a nurse and having been in many American hospitals-I hate to say that the hospital in Mexicali put ours to shame. Everyone was so nice. The hospital was cleaner than any I've ever seen. I would highly recommend the doctor and hospital . I was well taken care of.

Guest guest

There are safe cities in Mexico and some " not so safe " cities just like in every country. Mexicali is one of the safer cities.On Thu, Oct 30, 2008 at 5:46 AM, Hulmes <laurenhulmes@...> wrote:

Thanks for that, unfortunately I'm all the way in Pennsylvania so is costly for me to go and check it out. I have looked at pictures on the Internet and they seem clean enough but you never know until you experience for yourself. I had not previously heard about the horror stories of Mexico until i mentioned it to my mom (who wants to also have surgery).

What was the area like where the hospital is located? My husband feels happy about the location etc but i got myself scared after my mom talked about Mexico.

Will you keep me posted about your experience, i would be interested to find out how you got on

Sent: Wednesday, October 29, 2008 10:13:50 PMSubject: Re: help

I go for my band on 11/7, I had the same questions that you have. What really helped me is that in September I went and seen for myself, (I live in Arizona 3 hours away). I took a friend that has family from the area, my hubby and mother. We was all amazed of the hospital, it put our hospital to shame here. I also was able to be there when a group was coming in for there fills, to be able to see someone ask questions and to hear their stories was the best. I think that it helped my husband as well about the surgery. So if you get a chance and are close enough check it out for yourself.

Sent: Wednesday, October 29, 2008 11:43:08 AMSubject: [Dr-Aceves-bandster s] help

I have been trying for some time now to find a surgeon for WLS, costs within the US are so expensive that i think the only step is to go to Mexico. I have spoken to several surgical companies and think i feel confident in what i have heard about Dr Aceves, however to give myself piece of mind i wanted to speak to people who had experienced this surgery both by Dr Aceves and going to Mexico.

Is Mexcio really that bad? what are the facilities really like? How do i know that the surgery wont go bad or me get an infection from the hosptal? Did anyone else have the same concerns?

Please help andput my fears to bed

Guest guest

When staff take blood and use gloves that is to protect the staff member, not the patient. It is your blood that is an issue, the idea behind gloves during blood draws is to protect the person drawing your blood. The only danger for you during a blood draw is that you are exposed to your own blood, the staff wearing gloves isn't going to prevent that and it's not a danger to be exposed to your own blood anyway. ;o)

Sure there are appropriate containers for blood and sharps containers for needles. They are in every single patient room and each place in the hospital. The person telling you this information simply didn't know what they were talking about. The sharps containers are bolted to the walls and red bag containers are in each area of the hospital where they are needed. It is exactly the same as in the US. It is not a matter of the containers were not there when this person was there, they are BOLTED to the walls of each patient room and major area of the hospital. I think the person who gave you this information simply does not know what they are talking about.

If the information you were given was true people would be coming home with infections left and right and that simply isn't accurate. As for Mexico many people seem to get their education about Mexico through urban legends and that's too bad.

On Thu, Oct 30, 2008 at 6:05 AM, Hulmes <laurenhulmes@...> wrote:

Thanks Dianne,

I seem to be getting mixed responses, most of them positive but a few negative (although some for sleeves). One of them said that when blood was taken before surgery gloves were not used, they didn't see any toxic waste bins for blood etc. My worst fear would be to go with Mexico and come away with a successful band but also an infection that i cant get rid of.

My mom has scared me off a bit now, hence why i am trying to feel more confident after speaking to people who have been there and done that

Sent: Wednesday, October 29, 2008 5:15:29 PMSubject: Re: help

>

> I have been trying for some time now to find a surgeon for WLS, costs within the US are so expensive that i think the only step is to go to Mexico. I have spoken to several surgical companies and think i feel confident in what i have heard about Dr Aceves, however to

give myself piece of mind i wanted to speak to people who had experienced this surgery both by Dr Aceves and going to Mexico.> > Is Mexcio really that bad? what are the facilities really like? How do i know that the surgery wont go bad or me get an infection

from the hosptal? Did anyone else have the same concerns?> > Please help andput my fears to

bed>I was banded by Dr Aceves on Oct 20 and i have nothing but good things to say about the whole experience. Being a nurse and having been in many American hospitals-I hate to say that the hospital in

Mexicali put ours to shame. Everyone was so nice. The hospital was cleaner than any I've ever seen. I would highly recommend the doctor and hospital . I was well taken care of.

Guest guest

I can vouch that latex gloves were used for each procedure and there were toxic waste boxes at shoulder height in each patient room that I was in. I am a public health nurse and I look for things like that. I checked there infection control records and they did not have any history of infectious communicable diseases...unlike the US hospitals where MRSA runs rapid.

I think you are getting mis-information from someone. Why don't you go and visit and you can check it out in person.

From: Hulmes <laurenhulmes@...>Subject: Re: Re: help Date: Thursday, October 30, 2008, 6:05 AM

Thanks Dianne,

From: Dianne <diladirnsbcglobal (DOT) net> @groups. comSent: Wednesday, October 29, 2008 5:15:29 PMSubject: [Dr-Aceves-bandster s] Re: help

>> I have been trying for some time now to find a surgeon for WLS, costs within the US are so expensive that i think the only step is to go to Mexico. I have spoken to several surgical companies and think i feel confident in what i have heard about Dr Aceves, however to give myself piece of mind i wanted to speak to people who had experienced this surgery both by Dr Aceves and going to Mexico.> > Is Mexcio really that bad? what are the facilities really like? How do i know that the surgery wont go bad or me get an infection from the hosptal? Did anyone else have the same concerns?> > Please help andput my fears to bed>I was banded by Dr Aceves on Oct 20 and i have

nothing but good things to say about the whole experience. Being a nurse and having been in many American hospitals-I hate to say that the hospital in Mexicali put ours to shame. Everyone was so nice. The hospital was cleaner than any I've ever seen. I would highly recommend the doctor and hospital . I was well taken care of.

Guest guest

I will be a nurse in 2 months. The wqoman who took my blood was wearing gloves, there were toxic waste bins in basically EVERY room, including my personal room.....That is some serious misinformation...I ws just there 5 days ago and had the sleeve done. That hospital is cleaner than the one I work at here in California!

Helena

From: Hulmes <laurenhulmes>Subject: Re: Re: help @groups. comDate: Thursday, October 30, 2008, 6:05 AM

Thanks Dianne,

From: Dianne <diladirnsbcglobal (DOT) net> @groups. comSent: Wednesday, October 29, 2008 5:15:29 PMSubject: [Dr-Aceves-bandster s] Re: help

>> I have been trying for some time now to find a surgeon for WLS, costs within the US are so expensive that i think the only step is to go to Mexico. I have spoken to several surgical companies and think i feel confident in what i have heard about Dr Aceves, however to give myself piece of mind i wanted to speak to people who had experienced this surgery both by Dr Aceves and going to Mexico.> > Is Mexcio really that bad? what are the facilities really like? How do i know that the surgery wont go bad or me get an infection from the hosptal? Did anyone else have the same concerns?> > Please help andput my fears to bed>I was banded by Dr Aceves on Oct 20 and i have

nothing but good things to say about the whole experience. Being a nurse and having been in many American hospitals-I hate to say that the hospital in Mexicali put ours to shame. Everyone was so nice. The hospital was cleaner than any I've ever seen. I would highly recommend the doctor and hospital . I was well taken care of.

Guest guest

WOW - 6 pounds in nine days? Did you ever imaginbe that you would

find something that would allow you to lose 6 pounds in 9 days? woo

hoo!! Keep it up. I am on my 3rd day of vlcd and I have lost 4

pounds. We are on a roll!

>

> According to the average weight loss for women, you are doing

GREAT! Men

> lose a average of 1 pound a day and women lose a average of ½ pound

a day. I

> did the shots through my menses and they were a little heaver then

usual,

> and I didn't have as good of a weight loss, but I didn't notice any

other

> difference. –Sounds like you are doing GREAT!

>

>

>

> From:

[mailto: ] On

> Behalf Of jamie_fstt

> Sent: 2008-10-28 4:48 PM

>

> Subject: Help

>

>

>

> So I'm new to the HCG.. I'm on day 9.. I've only lost 6 lbs... I'm

> starting to feel discouraged. I've been very very strict on the

diet

> and have not cheated. My question is.. I started mensus today. I'm

> doing this on my own and the pounds and inches book says that I

should

> not give myself shots at all during this time.. but I've heard

> elsewhere that its just supposed to be no shot for the first three

> days.. Anyone have an opinion on this?

>

Guest guest

-

I have been a nurse for more then 30 years. i would never lead anyone

falsely. As for wearing gloves when drawing blood there is danger

only to the person drawing the blood not to you. Yes there were

gloves. The nurses used them when removing my IV. As for surgery

without gloves-there is no way this would be done because every one

who has ever had surgery would have severe infections and or be dead

from major infections. My experience is that there are many patients

will find fault with the littlest things. Some people start with

negative attitudes and look for things to go wrong. As for red bags-I

don't care if there were red bags or not. Red bags have nothing to do

with good or bad care. My daughter was banded there also . I saw the

doctors there more than i have ever seen any doctor at hospitals

here. there was no rushing etc. They all came in before I was

discharged shook my hand and thanked me for using them. My room was

cleaned several times a day but the smell didn't bother me. Some

people may be more sensitive to smells. As for blood down the sink-

yes it would have been better put into the toilet but oh well so long

as it was rinsed good. As for the language barrier -almost everyone I

saw spoke enough english to get my needs met. One time in recovery

the nurse could not understand me and she went and got someone who

did. you are given a list of spanish phrases and if needed you can

use it. I never had to. The doctors all spoke very good english and

everyone of them and the nurses were all great. I have never gotten

such personalized care in my entire life. I had no problem getting

pain meds and promptly. My call light was answered immediately. Not

to say that this person who wrote negatively did not experience what

he wrote-but sometimes our attitudes can make an experience bad. If

i had to do it again,I would do it in a heartbeat. Think about the

fact that there have been thousands of positives comments compared to

this one neg. Don't let one person stop you from starting a new life.

Keep researching and keep using this site because it is very helpful.

God bless you.

Dianne

-- In , Hulmes

<laurenhulmes@...> wrote:

>

> Thanks Dianne,

>

> I seem to be getting mixed responses, most of them positive but a

few negative (although some for sleeves).  One of them said that when

blood was taken before surgery gloves were not used, they didn't see

any toxic waste bins for blood etc.  My worst fear would be to go

with Mexico and come away with a successful band but also an

infection that i cant get rid of.

>

> My mom has scared me off a bit now, hence why i am trying to feel

more confident after speaking to people who have been there and done

that

>

>

>

>

>

> ________________________________

> From: Dianne <diladirn@...>

>

> Sent: Wednesday, October 29, 2008 5:15:29 PM

> Subject: Re: help

>

>

>

> >

> > I have been trying for some time now to find a surgeon for WLS,

> costs within the US are so expensive that i think the only step is

to

> go to Mexico.  I have spoken to several surgical companies and

think

> i feel confident in what i have heard about Dr Aceves, however to

> give myself piece of mind i wanted to speak to people who had

> experienced this surgery both by Dr Aceves and going to Mexico.

> >

> > Is Mexcio really that bad?  what are the facilities really like? 

> How do i know that the surgery wont go bad or me get an infection

> from the hosptal? Did anyone else have the same concerns?

> >

> > Please help andput my fears to bed

> >

>

> I was banded by Dr Aceves on Oct 20 and i have nothing but good

> things to say about the whole experience. Being a nurse and having

> been in many American hospitals-I hate to say that the hospital in

> Mexicali put ours to shame. Everyone was so nice. The hospital was

> cleaner than any I've ever seen. I would highly recommend the

doctor

> and hospital . I was well taken care of.

>

Guest guest

Thanks Dianne,

I certainly havnt allowed for this one comment to change my outlook. The majority i have read have all been very positive, and am now in a potition where i will be scheduling with Dr A, im just trying to find reasonable priced flights before i confirm a date.

This chat room has been a very helpful tool to me, just to see the worries others went thought, just the same as i am, before they had surgery.

Thanks

From: Dianne <diladirn@...> Sent: Thursday, October 30, 2008 11:33:31 PMSubject: Re: help

-,I have been a nurse for more then 30 years. i would never lead anyone falsely. As for wearing gloves when drawing blood there is danger only to the person drawing the blood not to you. Yes there were gloves. The nurses used them when removing my IV. As for surgery without gloves-there is no way this would be done because every one who has ever had surgery would have severe infections and or be dead from major infections. My experience is that there are many patients will find fault with the littlest things. Some people start with negative attitudes and look for things to go wrong. As for red bags-I don't care if there were red bags or not. Red bags have nothing to do with good or bad care. My daughter was banded there also . I saw the doctors there more than i have ever seen any doctor at hospitals here. there was no rushing etc. They all came in before I was discharged shook my

hand and thanked me for using them. My room was cleaned several times a day but the smell didn't bother me. Some people may be more sensitive to smells. As for blood down the sink-yes it would have been better put into the toilet but oh well so long as it was rinsed good. As for the language barrier -almost everyone I saw spoke enough english to get my needs met. One time in recovery the nurse could not understand me and she went and got someone who did. you are given a list of spanish phrases and if needed you can use it. I never had to. The doctors all spoke very good english and everyone of them and the nurses were all great. I have never gotten such personalized care in my entire life. I had no problem getting pain meds and promptly. My call light was answered immediately. Not to say that this person who wrote negatively did not experience what he wrote-but sometimes our attitudes can make an

experience bad. If i had to do it again,I would do it in a heartbeat. Think about the fact that there have been thousands of positives comments compared to this one neg. Don't let one person stop you from starting a new life. Keep researching and keep using this site because it is very helpful. God bless you.Dianne-- In @groups. com, Hulmes <laurenhulmes@ ...> wrote:>> Thanks Dianne,> > I seem to be getting mixed responses, most of them positive but a few negative (although some for sleeves). One of them said that when blood was taken before surgery gloves were not used, they didn't see any toxic waste bins for blood etc. My worst fear would be to go with Mexico and come away with a

successful band but also an infection that i cant get rid of.> > My mom has scared me off a bit now, hence why i am trying to feel more confident after speaking to people who have been there and done that> > > > > > ____________ _________ _________ __> From: Dianne <diladirn@.. .>> @groups. com> Sent: Wednesday, October 29, 2008 5:15:29 PM> Subject: [Dr-Aceves-bandster s] Re: help> > > > >> > I have been trying for some time now to find a surgeon for WLS, > costs within the US are so expensive that i think the only step is to

> go to Mexico. I have spoken to several surgical companies and think > i feel confident in what i have heard about Dr Aceves, however to > give myself piece of mind i wanted to speak to people who had > experienced this surgery both by Dr Aceves and going to Mexico.> > > > Is Mexcio really that bad? what are the facilities really like? > How do i know that the surgery wont go bad or me get an infection > from the hosptal? Did anyone else have the same concerns?> > > > Please help andput my fears to bed> >> > I was banded by Dr Aceves on Oct 20 and i have nothing but good > things to say about the whole experience. Being a nurse and having > been in many American hospitals-I hate to say that the hospital in > Mexicali put ours to shame. Everyone was so nice. The hospital was > cleaner than any I've

ever seen. I would highly recommend the doctor > and hospital . I was well taken care of.>

Guest guest

---Good for you. Keep a positive attitude and pray. I've been doing a

lot of that. You will be fine and you know you have a lot of friends

to help you through you. Dianne

In , Hulmes

<laurenhulmes@...> wrote:

>

> Thanks Dianne,

>

> I certainly havnt allowed for this one comment to change my

outlook.  The majority i have read have all been very positive, and

am now in a potition where i will be scheduling with Dr A, im just

trying to find reasonable priced flights before i confirm a date.

>

> This chat room has been a very helpful tool to me, just to see the

worries others went thought, just the same as i am, before they had

surgery.

>

> Thanks

>

>

>

>

>

> ________________________________

> From: Dianne <diladirn@...>

>

> Sent: Thursday, October 30, 2008 11:33:31 PM

> Subject: Re: help

>

>

> -

>

> ,

> I have been a nurse for more then 30 years. i would never lead

anyone

> falsely. As for wearing gloves when drawing blood there is danger

> only to the person drawing the blood not to you. Yes there were

> gloves. The nurses used them when removing my IV. As for surgery

> without gloves-there is no way this would be done because every one

> who has ever had surgery would have severe infections and or be

dead

> from major infections. My experience is that there are many

patients

> will find fault with the littlest things. Some people start with

> negative attitudes and look for things to go wrong. As for red bags-

I

> don't care if there were red bags or not. Red bags have nothing to

do

> with good or bad care.. My daughter was banded there also . I saw

the

> doctors there more than i have ever seen any doctor at hospitals

> here. there was no rushing etc. They all came in before I was

> discharged shook my hand and thanked me for using them. My room was

> cleaned several times a day but the smell didn't bother me. Some

> people may be more sensitive to smells. As for blood down the sink-

> yes it would have been better put into the toilet but oh well so

long

> as it was rinsed good. As for the language barrier -almost everyone

I

> saw spoke enough english to get my needs met. One time in recovery

> the nurse could not understand me and she went and got someone who

> did. you are given a list of spanish phrases and if needed you can

> use it. I never had to. The doctors all spoke very good english and

> everyone of them and the nurses were all great. I have never gotten

> such personalized care in my entire life. I had no problem getting

> pain meds and promptly. My call light was answered immediately. Not

> to say that this person who wrote negatively did not experience

what

> he wrote-but sometimes our attitudes can make an experience bad. If

> i had to do it again,I would do it in a heartbeat. Think about the

> fact that there have been thousands of positives comments compared

to

> this one neg. Don't let one person stop you from starting a new

life.

> Keep researching and keep using this site because it is very

helpful.

> God bless you.

> Dianne

>

> -- In @groups. com, Hulmes

> <laurenhulmes@ ...> wrote:

> >

> > Thanks Dianne,

> >

> > I seem to be getting mixed responses, most of them positive but a

> few negative (although some for sleeves).  One of them said that

when

> blood was taken before surgery gloves were not used, they didn't

see

> any toxic waste bins for blood etc.  My worst fear would be to go

> with Mexico and come away with a successful band but also an

> infection that i cant get rid of.

> >

> > My mom has scared me off a bit now, hence why i am trying to feel

> more confident after speaking to people who have been there and

done

> that

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> > ____________ _________ _________ __

> > From: Dianne <diladirn@ .>

> > @groups. com

> > Sent: Wednesday, October 29, 2008 5:15:29 PM

> > Subject: [Dr-Aceves-bandster s] Re: help

> >

> >

> >

> > >

> > > I have been trying for some time now to find a surgeon for WLS,

> > costs within the US are so expensive that i think the only step

is

> to

> > go to Mexico.  I have spoken to several surgical companies and

> think

> > i feel confident in what i have heard about Dr Aceves, however to

> > give myself piece of mind i wanted to speak to people who had

> > experienced this surgery both by Dr Aceves and going to Mexico.

> > >

> > > Is Mexcio really that bad?  what are the facilities really

like? 

> > How do i know that the surgery wont go bad or me get an infection

> > from the hosptal? Did anyone else have the same concerns?

> > >

> > > Please help andput my fears to bed

> > >

> >

> > I was banded by Dr Aceves on Oct 20 and i have nothing but good

> > things to say about the whole experience. Being a nurse and

having

> > been in many American hospitals-I hate to say that the hospital

in

> > Mexicali put ours to shame. Everyone was so nice. The hospital

was

> > cleaner than any I've ever seen. I would highly recommend the

> doctor

> > and hospital . I was well taken care of.

> >

>

Guest guest

what parasite/fungus do you have that is not in humans? the tincutre is the best way to get black walnut into blood stream and is high in iodine. the alcohol is miniscule and necessary for parasitic treatment. you also need to do a bowel/kidney cleanse first by your reaction to the med. dandelion root tea is effective for both along with something to clean your bowel. hth, thx, linda rn

help

Excuse me if I have posted this in the past, but I am desperate for help, which I have not been able to get from my doctor. I had several tests done one being a DNA stool test that showed parasites and yeast unknown in humans. My doctor gave me Vermox, which I later found out is full of sugar. Just what someone needs that has yeast. Well it did not help my symptoms. Not sure how to treat something that is not know in humans. I am assuming that I got this from my dog or travel to Mexico. I tried wormwood and it really made everything a lot worse (eyes crusting and oozing with a white liquid and itching, rectal itching, ear itching, chronic constipation, pain behind eyes, increased coated tongue). I can't do 's parasite protocol as the tincture is in alcohol. That would make the yeast worse. I feel like I am caught between a rock and a hard place. I would appreciate anyone that could help me. ThanksDeb

Guest guest

Diatomaceous earth is where I would start. It's cheap -- http://www.internet-grocer.net/diatome.htm and immediately effective. Don't over do it with this product. 4 pounds should last a year.

Http://nowfoods.com make a powded compination of wormwood, black wallnut and cloves that is inexpensive and effective and your right on with the no alcohol it is a myotoxin and should never be injested in any form.

Are you familiar with Doug Kaufmanns broadcasts at -- Http://know-the-cause.com ---.

awareness-investigation-knowledge-potential-motivation-action-patience-results

Duke Dallas - Texas info@...

iodine From: deborah.harper@...Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2008 13:22:03 +0000Subject: help

Excuse me if I have posted this in the past, but I am desperate for help, which I have not been able to get from my doctor. I had several tests done one being a DNA stool test that showed parasites and yeast unknown in humans. My doctor gave me Vermox, which I later found out is full of sugar. Just what someone needs that has yeast. Well it did not help my symptoms. Not sure how to treat something that is not know in humans. I am assuming that I got this from my dog or travel to Mexico. I tried wormwood and it really made everything a lot worse (eyes crusting and oozing with a white liquid and itching, rectal itching, ear itching, chronic constipation, pain behind eyes, increased coated tongue). I can't do 's parasite protocol as the tincture is in alcohol. That would make the yeast worse. I feel like I am caught between a rock and a hard place. I would appreciate anyone that could help me. ThanksDeb Suspicious message? There’s an alert for that. Get your Hotmail® account now.

Guest guest

>

>

> Diatomaceous earth is where I would start. It's cheap --

http://www.internet-grocer.net/diatome.htm and immediately effective.

Don't over do it with this product. 4 pounds should last a year.

>

> Http://nowfoods.com make a powded compination of wormwood, black

wallnut and cloves that is inexpensive and effective and your right on

with the no alcohol it is a myotoxin and should never be injested in

any form.

> Are you familiar with Doug Kaufmanns broadcasts at --

Http://know-the-cause.com ---.

>

Hope that the above-recommended herbs will help you. Sounds awful

what you've got!

I wanted to go off topic slightly - Duke Stone wrote, above, that

" alcohol is a myotoxin and should never be ingested in any form " .

I myself don't drink, except maybe a bit at a wedding, but I was

wondering about the claims that red wine (organically grown grapes) is

excellent for one's health; also, that people who do not drink alcohol

at all, ever, are less healthy than those who do take some. I don't

know what to think, now... - Mrs. B.

Guest guest

Deb...

Check out http://humaworm.com They have a very thorough wormer. You

can also use Hulda 's ia which is just wormwood, clove and

green black walnut hulls. Hulda has devoted her entire career in

eradicating parasites. She has developed a " zapper " that runs on a

simple 9v battery (think smoke detector size battery) that runs a very

low current of electricity (you probably won't even feel it) through

your skin that kills the parasites. One of her more pricey models has

programmable frequencies that you can dial in to attack specific fungi

and parasites as well as bacteria.

Google hulda clark clarkia and Hulda clark zappers for more info.

Lorie

>

> what parasite/fungus do you have that is not in humans? the

tincutre is the best way to get black walnut into blood stream and is

high in iodine. the alcohol is miniscule and necessary for parasitic

treatment. you also need to do a bowel/kidney cleanse first by your

reaction to the med. dandelion root tea is effective for both along

with something to clean your bowel. hth, thx, linda rn

> help

>

>

> Excuse me if I have posted this in the past, but I am desperate for

> help, which I have not been able to get from my doctor. I had

> several tests done one being a DNA stool test that showed parasites

> and yeast unknown in humans. My doctor gave me Vermox, which I

> later found out is full of sugar. Just what someone needs that has

> yeast. Well it did not help my symptoms. Not sure how to treat

> something that is not know in humans. I am assuming that I got this

> from my dog or travel to Mexico. I tried wormwood and it really

> made everything a lot worse (eyes crusting and oozing with a white

> liquid and itching, rectal itching, ear itching, chronic

> constipation, pain behind eyes, increased coated tongue). I can't

> do 's parasite protocol as the tincture is in alcohol. That

> would make the yeast worse. I feel like I am caught between a rock

> and a hard place. I would appreciate anyone that could help me.

> Thanks

> Deb

>

Guest guest

Deb..

For the clarkia... if you put your drops in warm water, and let it sit

for a little bit -- few minutes, the alcohol will evaporate. Go to

Dr. ia's site and see if there is a contact email that you can

ask about the alcohol. The humaworm, btw is in capsules -- no

alcohol, so that might be your best bet....

Lorie

> >

> > what parasite/fungus do you have that is not in humans? the

> tincutre is the best way to get black walnut into blood stream and is

> high in iodine. the alcohol is miniscule and necessary for parasitic

> treatment. you also need to do a bowel/kidney cleanse first by your

> reaction to the med. dandelion root tea is effective for both along

> with something to clean your bowel. hth, thx, linda rn

> > help

> >

> >

> > Excuse me if I have posted this in the past, but I am desperate for

> > help, which I have not been able to get from my doctor. I had

> > several tests done one being a DNA stool test that showed parasites

> > and yeast unknown in humans. My doctor gave me Vermox, which I

> > later found out is full of sugar. Just what someone needs that has

> > yeast. Well it did not help my symptoms. Not sure how to treat

> > something that is not know in humans. I am assuming that I got this

> > from my dog or travel to Mexico. I tried wormwood and it really

> > made everything a lot worse (eyes crusting and oozing with a white

> > liquid and itching, rectal itching, ear itching, chronic

> > constipation, pain behind eyes, increased coated tongue). I can't

> > do 's parasite protocol as the tincture is in alcohol. That

> > would make the yeast worse. I feel like I am caught between a rock

> > and a hard place. I would appreciate anyone that could help me.

> > Thanks

> > Deb

> >

>

Guest guest

I'm sorry for what you are going through and hope you can get on top of

it. I've read Extra Virgin Coconut Oil is good for parasites. It won't

have any alcohol or sugar (I don't think it would anyway). It might be a

milder treatment than what you wanted but it would also support your

body in many ways.

http://www.coconut-connections.com/parasites.htm

http://www.shokos.com/extra_virgin_coconut_oil_myths_and_facts.html

http://www.coconut-oil-central.com/coconut-oil-parasites.html

Tara

Guest guest

I have been taking coconut oil for 3 years. I no longer have

Rheumatoid Arthritis, my gums healed up instead of seeing periodontist

saved like $800 on that, haven't had a cold, flu or pink eye in 3

years. When my adult son and I got food poisoning- mine lasted half

day and his lasted 6 days and I ate 3 times as much of the suspicious

item at the restaurant. I now seem to be able to maintain my immune

system with just adding coconut milk to my coffee in the morning and

cooking with coconut milk or oil when the opportunity appears. It

really seems to help get the health back. Pam

On Fri, Dec 12, 2008 at 12:04 PM, Grant and Tara

<grant.tara@...> wrote:

> I'm sorry for what you are going through and hope you can get on top of

> it. I've read Extra Virgin Coconut Oil is good for parasites. It won't

> have any alcohol or sugar (I don't think it would anyway). It might be a

> milder treatment than what you wanted but it would also support your

> body in many ways.

>

> http://www.coconut-connections.com/parasites.htm

> http://www.shokos.com/extra_virgin_coconut_oil_myths_and_facts.html

> http://www.coconut-oil-central.com/coconut-oil-parasites.html

>

> Tara

>

>

Guest guest

When I was doing it, I continued the shots on my menses. I was hungrier and I

did not lose weight as quickly. I really needed my protein shake at that time (

I used Ultra Lean by BioGenesis, I also added a TBS of MCT oil) and I really

needed steak, chicken did not seem like enough. Also, needed more water.

I was told only to eat fruit with meals and if not losing as quickly to cut

fruit(including tomatoes) from dinner and if still not losing to cut fruit out

lunch, too.

Also, did you count your loading days in your 9 days? I gained 3 pounds on my

loading days, but it averaged out afterwards.

> From: jamie_fstt <jamie_fstt@...>

> Subject: Help

>

> Date: Tuesday, October 28, 2008, 3:48 PM

> So I'm new to the HCG.. I'm on day 9.. I've only

> lost 6 lbs... I'm

> starting to feel discouraged. I've been very very

> strict on the diet

> and have not cheated. My question is.. I started mensus

> today. I'm

> doing this on my own and the pounds and inches book says

> that I should

> not give myself shots at all during this time.. but

> I've heard

> elsewhere that its just supposed to be no shot for the

> first three

> days.. Anyone have an opinion on this?

Guest guest

Dave,

Welcome to the group.

I sent you out an invitation to our chat group and science group but I have had notification of non delivery because "this account has been disabled or discontinued".

Could you please check that you have given us a working email address.

Lilian

Guest guest

Hi Lilian,

Thank toy for getting back to me so soon - try dcrump@... -

this is my usual e-mail addy. Not sure why the ayhoo addy is not

working, but it is the first time I have used this addy, and joined a

group.

Dave

>

> Dave,

>

> Welcome to the group.

>

> I sent you out an invitation to our chat group and science group but

I have had notification of non delivery because " this account has been

disabled or discontinued " .

>

> Could you please check that you have given us a working email address.

>

> Lilian

> Moderator

>

Guest guest

Hi

Dave and welcome to our forum where I hope you get the support you need. Yes,

some people do OK on levothyroxine but there is a large minority who do not.

This is because thyroxine (T4) is only one hormone, and this hormone is mainly

inactive anyway and must convert to the active hormone triiodothyronine (T3) in

the liver, kidneys and other thyroid receptor sites. T3 is needed by every cell

in your body and brain to make it function. Can you get hold of your last

thyroid function tests and post the results here together with the reference

range for each of the tests. Many doctors don't really know how to interpret

them and laboratories just write " normal " against the result if the

are within the reference range - and this leads to confusion. You might be very

low in the range, slap bang in the middle of the range or at the top of the

range. TSH are Thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH), Free thyroxine (FT4), Free

Triiodothyronine (FT3) and have you ever been tested to see if you have

antibodies to your thyroid. If this tested positive, it means the antibodies

see your thyroid tissue as public enemy number one and set about its gradual

destruction over time, so eventually, your thyroid will not be able to put out

the thyroid hormones your body needs. If your doctor cannot get your Free T3

tested through your local laboratory, then ask if he will write on a separate blood

form (without anything else) " Free T3 - ? Hyperthyroidism), and that way,

they should test it. They refuse to test it if it is requested as a full TFT,

because laboratories are trying to save money and believe that if your TSH and

FT4 are within range, there is no need to check FT3.

Ask

your GP for some further blood tests. The following are needed to see whether

any of them are low. Ferritin (stored iron), B12, Vitamin D, Magnesium, Copper

and Zinc. If any of these are low, they will stop your thyroid hormones from

being absorbed, as will low adrenal fatigue and Candida. The last two you can

get tested privately through Genova Diagnostics www.gdx.uk.net

.. The first is a 24 hour salivary test that will tell you where your cortisol

and DHEA lie at four specific times during the day. Many sufferers of hypothyroidism

suffer with this, and it MUST be treated with adrenal glandulars (or even HC)

so your thyroid hormone replacement will work, and once treated, you will feel

so much better. Another problem NHS doctors don't know exists. They only know

about the two extremes, 's disease and Cushing's syndrome.

If

you are not converting, you may need the addition of synthetic Liothyronine (T3)

or you might need the natural thyroid extract (Armour Thyroid,USP).

Go to our web site and learn about the conditions that can stop your thyroid

hormone replacement from working. Click on 'Hypothyroidism' in the Menu and in

the drop down Menu, click on ' Associated Conditions' and on the window that

opens, click on each of the conditions shown and read all about them. This will

help you understand what is happening (or not) to you.

Any

questions, just ask and somebody will hopefully come along to try to answer

them. Read all the information in the FILES on this forum website and also have

a look at the many LINKS to good information too.

Luv -

Sheila

I am so glad I found this website and forum as I feel that alot of my

original symptoms are now re-occuring, and I just feel so ill, tired

and now depressed, all the time. Please help as I feel I'm going mad.

Everyone seems to think that because I now take Levothyroxine, all

should be OK now, but it is not - far from it !

_,_._,___

Guest guest

Hi Dave,

For a man 125 mcg thyroxine ( T4) isn't a big dose- dosage is

affected by weight. What were you last blood tests Can you please show

then with ranges- I bet T3 wasn't done which is a pity as it is the

active hormone that the body should convert from T4, but after a while

of T4 only meds the conversion mechanism fails and symptoms recur. Docs

are often happy with any TSH in range whereas over 90% of health folk

have a TSh of around 1.0 -which any good doc should aim for. T3 is the

thyroid fraction that has the strongest bearing on mood- I remember

clearly the 5th day after starting T3 containing meds- it was like the

sun coming out after years of winter- magic stuff!

Subject: Help

I have been diagnised as Hypothyroid for the past few years. I am

currently on 125mg Levethyroxine a day.. I am currently off work, again,

due

to work related stress, IBS and, now, depression. My GP has been giving

me anti-depressants to,initially, counteract the IBS symptoms.

Dave

------------------------------------

TPA is not medically qualified. Consult with a qualified medical

practitioner before changing medication.

Guest guest

Hello (do you have a name) - welcome to the forum and I hope you get the support you need.

Many of us have been in almost exactly the same spot you have found yourself in and desperately seeking somebody who knows what they are doing. Sadly, the NHS produce few good doctors with a specialty in thyroid disease - and we are usually under the care of an endocrinologist who's specialty is diabetes - which really doesn't help us at all. Doesn't your GP realise that heart problems "flutters/palps" can be caused through untreated hypothyroidism, and from your numbers (and especially your symptoms) you do seem to be suffering with this. You could also be suffering with hypoadrenalism - but we will come to that later.

You need to write to your GP and tell him you would like a referral to an endocrinologist. there is one in Glasgow who has been highly recommended to me and I am sending the name of this doctor to you privately. In the letter to your GP, list all of your symptoms and any 'signs' Check these against the list in our web site www.tpa-uk.org.uk . List also your basal temperature for 4/5 days. You take this before you get out of bed in a morning and before you have anything to eat or drink. Normal temperature is 98.6. If your's is 97.8 (and it could be much less), this is indicative that your metabolism is running too slow i.e. hypothyroidism. Ask in the letter for a full thyroid function test which should include TSH, Free T3 and Free T4. Ask also for him to test your ferritin level (stored iron) B12, Vitamin D, Magnesium, zinc and copper.If any of these are low your normal thyroid hormone will not be getting properly absorbed. Ask for your letter to be placed in your medical notes and send a copy to your Head of Practice. Ask specifically to be referred to the doctor I am sending you and tell him/her you do not wish to see anybody else. (I have heard the endocrinology specialty in that area is not particularly good, and follow the NHS mainstream protocol to the letter).

Luv - Sheila

> Last blood test taken came back with result of 5.5, but overall > thyroid antibody was 150 , and the normal level 50. I am awaiting a > result of other blood test...Dr Chan has now reneged on meds saying > now wants to see consistent rising. >

Guest guest

Hi,

Welcome to the forum. I'm really sorry to hear about how bad you

are feeling. I have found there are lots of supportive people here

so you have come to the right place. None of us are medically

trained though, so it might be best to check all of the info you

receive on the forum with your health professional.

I'm assuming the test that was done that was 6 to start with, then

3. something, then around 10 and now at 5.5 was a TSH test. Could

you please let me know if that is correct? If it was a TSH test, I

had levels similar to yours and the doctor didn't do anything for

me. I was very unwell, like you. I decided to find help through

another doctor. The 'new' doctor tested me again, found my levels

were rising higher (at one point to nearly 10) and started thyroid

hormone replacement. Did your doctor do any blood tests to

determine your Free T4 levels and your Free T3 levels?

Here is some info about the tests I just mentioned. The free T3 test

says that it is used to determine whether you have hyperthyroidism,

however my doctor tested my levels and found they were below the

normal reference range with my hypothyroidism. I've also provided a

link to info about the free T4 test. The labtests online website is

reputable and I refer to it alot.

http://www.labtestsonline.org/understanding/analytes/t4/sample.html

http://www.labtestsonline.org/understanding/analytes/t3/sample.html

Just out of curiosity, when did you have your tests done? I always

have my tests done as early as possible in the morning prior to

taking my thyroid medication. I used to remember why it is

important to have the tests early in the morning, but the reasons

have fallen out of my brain and onto the floor at the moment, ie - I

can't remember!!!!

Re your heart palpitations. My doctor started me on a really low

dose of thyroid replacement hormone (thyroxine in my case) because I

was having palpitations from using it. He said that he had to start

me on an 'old folks' dose, even though I was only just over 40 years

old. He also said that I had to do something about my thyroid

levels because I was so unwell. Perhaps this is something for your

doctor to consider. Like you, I sometimes feel as though I am about

80, but thankfully I don't feel like that very often these days.

You also mentioned that your doc tested for thyroid auto

antibodies. What was the name of the test? Was it called Anti-

microsomal antibody or Thyroid peroxidase antibody? This is usually

used to help detect the presence of a thyroid autoimmune disease.

You sound like you have many classic symptoms of hypothyroidism. I

really think that it might be worthwhile seeing a different doctor

for another opinion because I don't think you should have to suffer

the way you are suffering at the moment. I didn't get any help

until I sought the help of another doctor. Sheila (the person who

looks after this forum) knows of a number of doctors, so perhaps she

can suggest some to you. If you like, you could send her a private

email to ask her about this. Sheila is really helpful.

If you ever want any support, or want to ask a question (no matter

how trivial you may think it is) please go ahead and post a

message. Sometimes the messages get lost in the mountains of

messages that come through the forum, so just give us all a reminder

and re-post it again. Thought I'd mention that because the forum is

getting more and more messages on it these days.

Quite a number of us on the forum use supplements (such as zinc, b

group vitamins, Vit D, selenium, iron, magnesium, etc) so if you are

interested in this stuff, please ask. There are a number of blood

tests that can be done to look for deficiencies in some of those

things.

Oh, and please check the files (see the LHS of your screen) because

they contain lots of info about thyroid related illness.

Bye for now.

P xo

Hi am new as of today and would welcome any advice as I am feeling

very low indeed.......Dr.....has now reneged on meds saying now

wants to see consistent rising.....I am so fed up , probably have

low grade depression, have had endometriosis treatment, got

IBS,Raynauds, dry skin,/hair, losing eyebrows, lashes, general

cognitive impairment, feeling cold, night sweats,constant dry

throat, choking fits, hoarse voice, lack of energy, inability to

lose weight ( not gained much but working out regulary) the hole

nine yards ( all symptoms have for over year if not longer) and had

problems after my daughter was born in 2001 but seemed to

regulate...it's how long I have to put up with this before they will

bloody do anything to make me feel on the planet..... does anyone

think should push to see one on NHS or go private..? ...

Guest guest

MODERATED TO DELETE MOST OF PREVIOUS MESSAGE. PLEASE DELETE THIS BEFORE SENDING

TO THE FORUM. THANKS, SHEILA

Hi my name is Jill, sorry brain fog prevailing again..!! thank you

so much for your considerate and informative reply. I normally find

my GP quite sympathetic and diagnostically good, but when comes to

this just treading water. I have managed to gain the help of a

husband of friend who is a consultant Orthopeadic surgeon, who is

willing to speak to the endo up at Inverclyde Royal, if don't gain

any satisfcation from that route will definitley ask for referral to

the one in Glasgow you are kindly providing.

Further to symptoms and health issue have had ,both the anaesthetist

that administered my epidural during may daughter's birth which was

not good ( had high blood pressure ) and the chap that carried out my

colon/endoscopy said had marked Raynaud's and I passed this onto my

GP's at the time, one in Edinburgh, and the other to Dr Chan. I have

not had a test carried out though. ( is it fingernail.??)

Also when going through endometriosis treatment/consultations, last

test showed low oestrogen.

I just hate the feeling of lack of energy, don't know where to

channel energy when I do have it , and the mental slowing which is

ridiculous to the point, I have forgotten what was discussed a minute

ago and repeat the question asked, and ineloquence, and lack of

articulation, and by that I mean I completely forget people's names

and proverbs, adverbs, nouns, adjectives, and don't know how to place

them into the context of the subject I'm talking about, which maybe

can be bypassed unless I've forgotten the thread of the conversation

already!! If I'm really tired, I get words muddled up and replace

letters at beginning of words. It's gotten to the point I avoid all

spoken conversation with some people if having an off day, must think

I'm a weirdo. At least my husband and I can laugh about it, he says

it's like living with a pensioner of 85 with dementia...To be honest

what I find hard to deal is the slow stripping of femininity, the

hoarse voice, losing some of my eyebrows, and lashes and thinning of

my hair in certain places, and my nails, hair and skin being really

dry and brittle, and slow hair growth. I just want to feel me again..

Don't feel particularly confident due my appearance and brain fog..

Ask also for him to test your ferritin level (stored iron)

B12,

> Vitamin D, Magnesium, zinc and copper.If any of these are low your

> normal thyroid hormone will not be getting properly absorbed. Ask

for

> your letter to be placed in your medical notes and send a copy to

your

> Head of Practice.

Guest guest

MODERATED TO REMOVE MESSAGES ALREADY READ. PLEASE DELETE THESE BEFORE CLICKING

'SEND'. THANKS. SHEILA

Hi

I'm Jill ..thanks for listening have all tests done on TSH basis I

think which is the norm, last one was full thyroid screening but not

sure what antibody test was carried out. i am not sure has done the

free T3 and free T4..Always have bloods done in the morning as soon

as can and as patient schedule of duty priactice nurse will allow

after dropping kids off at school. Not on any meds at all when TSH

reached over 10 Dr was going to then I opened my big mouth and said

was having some palps..Was then referred to cardio for ECG , was 2

minutes long and didn't show anything, quelle surpise..!! Then

referred for heart monitoring for 24 hrs using strap on

monitor..waiting on results of that currently ,didn't feel any when

had it on, just like the thing. The palps have been less frequent and

intense than previous, but I know that may change .

Dr that was going to put me on meds has now decided against it saying

he now wants to see a constant rise before doing so..??!! Wanted to

do him bodily harm when I was told that, he is a nice person

generally, but was so angry that previous medical history and

presentation of classic symptoms, that I have dealt/ am dealing with,

overlooked or not noted at all..ggggrrrrr

> Re your heart palpitations. My doctor started me on a really low

> dose of thyroid replacement hormone (thyroxine in my case) because

I

> was having palpitations from using it. He said that he had to

start

> me on an 'old folks' dose, even though I was only just over 40