RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Re: (unknown)

Rate this topic

Guest guest

First, you make sure your state allows religious exemptions for colleges. Then you look at the college's website, usually under student services or health info. Check their actual health form and also whatever they say about vaccination. Some colleges bring up exemptions, some don't.

NVIC is the quickest way to get info on laws: (http://www.nvic.org/Vaccine-Laws/state-vaccine-requirements/pennsylvania.aspx)

It says for PA:

Higher Ed Vaccination Requirements - Request college/university of choice for their Proof of Immunization Compliance, as each institution may use its own form.

Exemption Information - Request college/university of choice for their Proof of Immunization Compliance, as each institution may use its own form.

Sounds pretty vague, as if there are no actual state laws at all--that they are leaving it up to the colleges. So, let's check out the St. Francis website/health link: (http://www.francis.edu/HealthCenterImmunizations.htm)

"Students are required to provide documentation of the following vaccinations on the Student Health Form prior to entrance to the University." They list 2 MMR's, Tetanus/Diphtheria, polio, Hep B series, a TB test, and the meningitis (that being only for living in dorms). No mention of exemptions. They refer to Senate Bill 955 for the meningitis requirement.

So, let's look at that: (http://www.legis.state.pa.us/cfdocs/legis/PN/Public/btCheck.cfm?txtType=HTM & sessYr=2001 & sessInd=0 & billBody=S & billTyp=B & billNbr=0955 & pn=2102)

AHA. This is where it gets interesting, what the college neglected to mention:

"Exception. An institiution of higher education SHALL [may was crossed out from an earlier version of the bill] permit a student to reside in a dormitory or housing unit without being vaccinated, for religious or other reasons, against meningococcal disease if the institution provides detailed information on the risks associated with meningococcal disease and the availability and effectiveness of any vaccine to" either the student or parent (if the student is under 18) who can then sign a waiver saying they received the info and are declining for religious reasons. It doesn't say if the college provides a waiver but I am pretty sure they do. My son's college did.

Back to the college website. Here is their health form: (http://www.francis.edu/uploadedFiles/Health_Center/Student%20Health%20Form%202012(1).pdf)

Aha again. Here they mention the waiver on pg. 3. You can also get out of the TB requirement by answering NO to all of their screening questions. So, the meningitis vaccine is not a problem.

Now for the bad news. I don't see anything about exemptions from the other vaccines. You will need to speak to the health director. Do NOT get into your religion. Just explain you've always used religious exemptions (if you have). But I'd wait to hear from Sheri first before making a move in case I missed something.

Winnie

(unknown)"vaccinations " > Sherri,> > I have a question about The meningitis vaccine they are > requiring for college.My son is going to St.Francis University > in Pennsylvania.Can I give them my statement of religious > exemption form to opt out of receiving mandatory vaccines for > college? > Who do people usually talk to and address this with at the college?> Thank you for your imput.> >

Guest guest

Very helpful information Winnie. Thanks! I hope my thoughts were not too simplistic. Vicki From: "wharrison@..." <wharrison@...> Vaccinations Sent: Friday, June 29, 2012 5:01 PM Subject: Re: (unknown)

First, you make sure your state allows religious exemptions for colleges. Then you look at the college's website, usually under student services or health info. Check their actual health form and also whatever they say about vaccination. Some colleges bring up exemptions, some don't.

NVIC is the quickest way to get info on laws: (http://www.nvic.org/Vaccine-Laws/state-vaccine-requirements/pennsylvania.aspx)

It says for PA:

Higher Ed Vaccination Requirements - Request college/university of choice for their Proof of Immunization Compliance, as each institution may use its own form.

Exemption Information - Request college/university of choice for their Proof of Immunization Compliance, as each institution may use its own form.

Sounds pretty vague, as if there are no actual state laws at all--that they are leaving it up to the colleges. So, let's check out the St. Francis website/health link: (http://www.francis.edu/HealthCenterImmunizations.htm)

"Students are required to provide documentation of the following vaccinations on the Student Health Form prior to entrance to the University." They list 2 MMR's, Tetanus/Diphtheria, polio, Hep B series, a TB test, and the meningitis (that being only for living in dorms). No mention of exemptions. They refer to Senate Bill 955 for the meningitis requirement.

So, let's look at that: (http://www.legis.state.pa.us/cfdocs/legis/PN/Public/btCheck.cfm?txtType=HTM & sessYr=2001 & sessInd=0 & billBody=S & billTyp=B & billNbr=0955 & pn=2102)

AHA. This is where it gets interesting, what the college neglected to mention:

"Exception. An institiution of higher education SHALL [may was crossed out from an earlier version of the bill] permit a student to reside in a dormitory or housing unit without being vaccinated, for religious or other reasons, against meningococcal disease if the institution provides detailed information on the risks associated with meningococcal disease and the availability and effectiveness of any vaccine to" either the student or parent (if the student is under 18) who can then sign a waiver saying they received the info and are declining for religious reasons. It doesn't say if the college provides a waiver but I am pretty sure they do. My son's college did.

Back to the college website. Here is their health form: (http://www.francis.edu/uploadedFiles/Health_Center/Student%20Health%20Form%202012(1).pdf)

Aha again. Here they mention the waiver on pg. 3. You can also get out of the TB requirement by answering NO to all of their screening questions. So, the meningitis vaccine is not a problem.

Now for the bad news. I don't see anything about exemptions from the other vaccines. You will need to speak to the health director. Do NOT get into your religion. Just explain you've always used religious exemptions (if you have). But I'd wait to hear from Sheri first before making a move in case I missed something.

Winnie

(unknown)"vaccinations " > Sherri,> > I have a question about The meningitis vaccine they are > requiring for college.My son is going to St.Francis University > in Pennsylvania.Can I give them my statement of religious > exemption form to opt out of receiving mandatory vaccines for > college? > Who do people usually talk to and address this with at the college?> Thank you for your imput.> >

Guest guest

No, not at all. But interestingly, if I have this right, Ohio doesn't require vaccination for college students: (http://www.odh.ohio.gov/odhPrograms/dis/immunization/collegeimm.aspx)

"Please note that Ohio law does not require vaccination of the student, nor does it require the institution to provide or pay for vaccines. The law requires only disclosure of vaccination status of the student."

What statute did you refer to when you handed in the health form? Maybe I missed something. It doesn't seem possible for a college not to require the usual MMR, etc.

Winnie

(unknown)> "vaccinations " > > > Sherri,> > > > I have a question about The meningitis vaccine they are > > requiring for college.My son is going to St.Francis University > > in Pennsylvania.Can I give them my statement of religious > > exemption form to opt out of receiving mandatory vaccines for > > college? > > Who do people usually talk to and address this with at the college?> > Thank you for your imput.> > > > >

Guest guest

I just checked the college's website, and they do have required vaccinations but mention on their health form that you can use an exemption. But it appears to be to their rules, not a state law (which I didn't see any reference to). Strange.

Winnie (unknown)> > "vaccinations " > > > > > Sherri,> > > > > > I have a question about The meningitis vaccine they are > > > requiring for college.My son is going to St.Francis > University > > > in Pennsylvania.Can I give them my statement of religious > > > exemption form to opt out of receiving mandatory vaccines > for > > > college? > > > Who do people usually talk to and address this with at the > college?> > Thank you for your imput.> > > > > > > > >

Guest guest

Thanks for the link! From: Tobias Gogolin <usertogo@...> Vaccinations Sent: Saturday, June 30, 2012 1:11 PM Subject: Re: Re: (unknown)

Here is a ling with good info that will get you started understanding the gravity of the issue!http://www.brainphreak.net/theblackpacket/healthfda/drugsvaccines.htmlpapaslove1 <jerethin3@...> wrote:>Thank you so much Winnie for your research on this matter and to all who have posted.I feel such support in this group. I am fairly new to not vaccinating as I am still learning.I just kept refusing the Dr. on our well visits with little knowledge but I know I am making the right decision! I hope to gain much wisdom from all who are in the "trenches"like myself! I will wait to hear from Sherri for the final word on this before I even call St. Francis.Does Sherri respond to the group posting or do I message her via her email address?>Thanks,>>>>>>>>> First, you make sure your state allows religious exemptions for colleges. Then you look at the college's website, usually under student services or health info. Check their actual health form and also whatever they say about vaccination. Some colleges bring up exemptions, some don't.>> >> NVIC is the quickest way to get info on laws: (http://www.nvic.org/Vaccine-Laws/state-vaccine-requirements/pennsylvania.aspx)>> >> It says for PA: >> Higher Ed Vaccination Requirements - Request college/university of choice for their Proof of Immunization Compliance, as each institution may use its own form. >> Exemption Information - Request college/university of choice for their Proof of Immunization Compliance, as each institution may use its own form.>> >> Sounds

pretty vague, as if there are no actual state laws at all--that they are leaving it up to the colleges. So, let's check out the St. Francis website/health link: (http://www.francis.edu/HealthCenterImmunizations.htm) >> "Students are required to provide documentation of the following vaccinations on the Student Health Form prior to entrance to the University." They list 2 MMR's, Tetanus/Diphtheria, polio, Hep B series, a TB test, and the meningitis (that being only for living in dorms). No mention of exemptions. They refer to Senate Bill 955 for the meningitis requirement. >> >> So, let's look at that: (http://www.legis.state.pa.us/cfdocs/legis/PN/Public/btCheck.cfm?txtType=HTM & sessYr=2001 & sessInd=0 & billBody=S & billTyp=B & billNbr=0955 & pn=2102)>> AHA. This is where it gets interesting, what the college neglected to mention: >> >> "Exception. An institiution of higher

education SHALL [may was crossed out from an earlier version of the bill] permit a student to reside in a dormitory or housing unit without being vaccinated, for religious or other reasons, against meningococcal disease if the institution provides detailed information on the risks associated with meningococcal disease and the availability and effectiveness of any vaccine to" either the student or parent (if the student is under 18) who can then sign a waiver saying they received the info and are declining for religious reasons. It doesn't say if the college provides a waiver but I am pretty sure they do. My son's college did. >> >> Back to the college website. Here is their health form: (http://www.francis.edu/uploadedFiles/Health_Center/Student%20Health%20Form%202012(1).pdf)>> Aha again. Here they mention the waiver on pg. 3. You can also get out of the TB requirement by answering NO to all of their screening questions.

So, the meningitis vaccine is not a problem.>> >> Now for the bad news. I don't see anything about exemptions from the other vaccines. You will need to speak to the health director. Do NOT get into your religion. Just explain you've always used religious exemptions (if you have). But I'd wait to hear from Sheri first before making a move in case I missed something.>> >> Winnie>> >> >> (unknown)>> "vaccinations " >> >> > Sherri,>> > >> > I have a question about The meningitis vaccine they are >> > requiring for college.My son is going to St.Francis University

>> > in Pennsylvania.Can I give them my statement of religious >> > exemption form to opt out of receiving mandatory vaccines for >> > college? >> > Who do people usually talk to and address this with at the college?>> > Thank you for your imput.>> > >> >>>>>>>>------------------------------------>>

Guest guest

Yes LinK! If I told you the story how I met brainphreak on the day my daughter received her 3 month violation of integrity...Brainphreak had a video out about the latest 3D desktops on linux with VM Ware Virtual Machines and such - and in the background he had 911 truth music and imagery - and I found his email and in a chat congratulated him !

I came to talk how I never heard my daughter ever cry like that and he pulled out the truth of the site he maintains somehow! We must Cherish theblackpacket.com as well as people like him! 

On Tue, Jul 3, 2012 at 9:52 AM, Gelpi <jerethin3@...> wrote:

Thanks for the link!

Vaccinations Sent: Saturday, June 30, 2012 1:11 PM

Subject: Re: Re: (unknown)

Here is a ling with good info that will get you started understanding the gravity of the issue!http://www.brainphreak.net/theblackpacket/healthfda/drugsvaccines.html

papaslove1 <jerethin3@...> wrote:>Thank you so much Winnie for your research on this matter and to all who have posted.I feel such support in this group. I am fairly new to not vaccinating as I am still learning.I just kept refusing the Dr. on our well visits with little knowledge but I know I am making the right decision! I hope to gain much wisdom from all who are in the " trenches " like myself! I will wait to hear from Sherri for the final word on this before I even call St. Francis.Does Sherri respond to the group posting or do I message her via her email address?

>Thanks,>>>>>>>>> First, you make sure your state allows religious exemptions for colleges. Then you look at the college's website, usually under student services or health info. Check their actual health form and also whatever they say about vaccination. Some colleges bring up exemptions, some don't.

>> >> NVIC is the quickest way to get info on laws: (http://www.nvic.org/Vaccine-Laws/state-vaccine-requirements/pennsylvania.aspx)

>> >> It says for PA: >> Higher Ed Vaccination Requirements - Request college/university of choice for their Proof of Immunization Compliance, as each institution may use its own form. >> Exemption Information - Request college/university of choice for their Proof of Immunization Compliance, as each institution may use its own form.

>> >> Sounds

pretty vague, as if there are no actual state laws at all--that they are leaving it up to the colleges. So, let's check out the St. Francis website/health link: (http://www.francis.edu/HealthCenterImmunizations.htm) 

>> " Students are required to provide documentation of the following vaccinations on the Student Health Form prior to entrance to the University. " They list 2 MMR's, Tetanus/Diphtheria, polio, Hep B series, a TB test, and the meningitis (that being only for living in dorms). No mention of exemptions. They refer to Senate Bill 955 for the meningitis requirement.

>> >> So, let's look at that: (http://www.legis.state.pa.us/cfdocs/legis/PN/Public/btCheck.cfm?txtType=HTM & sessYr=2001 & sessInd=0 & billBody=S & billTyp=B & billNbr=0955 & pn=2102)

>> AHA. This is where it gets interesting, what the college neglected to mention: >> >> " Exception. An institiution of higher

education SHALL [may was crossed out from an earlier version of the bill] permit a student to reside in a dormitory or housing unit without being vaccinated, for religious or other reasons, against meningococcal disease if the institution provides detailed information on the risks associated with meningococcal disease and the availability and effectiveness of any vaccine to " either the student or parent (if the student is under 18) who can then sign a waiver saying they received the info and are declining for religious reasons. It doesn't say if the college provides a waiver but I am pretty sure they do. My son's college did.

>> >> Back to the college website. Here is their health form: (http://www.francis.edu/uploadedFiles/Health_Center/Student%20Health%20Form%202012(1).pdf)

>> Aha again. Here they mention the waiver on pg. 3. You can also get out of the TB requirement by answering NO to all of their screening questions.

So, the meningitis vaccine is not a problem.>> >> Now for the bad news. I don't see anything about exemptions from the other vaccines. You will need to speak to the health director. Do NOT get into your religion. Just explain you've always used religious exemptions (if you have). But I'd wait to hear from Sheri first before making a move in case I missed something.

>> >> Winnie>> >> >> (unknown)

>> " vaccinations " >> >> > Sherri,>> > >> > I have a question about The meningitis vaccine they are

>> > requiring for college.My son is going to St.Francis University

>> > in Pennsylvania.Can I give them my statement of religious >> > exemption form to opt out of receiving mandatory vaccines for >> > college? >> > Who do people usually talk to and address this with at the college?

>> > Thank you for your imput.>> > >> >>>>>>>>------------------------------------>>

Guest guest

is it tough to book if u have ur epay ready???? ; @...From: shazii_00@...Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2012 19:51:07 +0800Subject: (unknown)

GOOD LUCK TO ALL THOSE WHO ARE APPEARING FOR EXAMZ THIS SEPTEMBER SINCE TODAY IS THE BOOKING DATE IM SURRE YOU ARE ALL ANXIOUS IF UL BE ABLE TO MANAGE BOOKING OR NO ..WISH YOU ALL A VERY BEST OF LUCK REGARDSSHAZIA

Guest guest

its showing now From: Asima ilyas <dr_asima77@...> " " < > Sent: Friday, 13 July 2012 2:22 PM Subject:

(unknown)

hey all m waittin to book exam but my epay showing o exams dates to book ?????plz reply

Guest guest

Hi,they are showing the booking. you can go through.regardspriyanka From: Asima ilyas <dr_asima77@...> " " < > Sent: Friday, 13 July 2012 2:22 PM Subject: (unknown)

hey all m waittin to book exam but my epay showing o exams dates to book ?????plz reply

Guest guest

Hi,They are showing the date but its not responding From: Priyanka Sethi <priyanka_bknin@...> " " < > Sent: Friday, July 13, 2012 2:37 PM Subject: Re: (unknown)

Hi,they are showing the booking. you can go through.regardspriyanka From: Asima ilyas <dr_asima77@...> " " < > Sent: Friday, 13 July 2012 2:22 PM Subject: (unknown)

Guest guest

I tried logging oit and logging back in, that helped

On Jul 13, 2012 2:43 PM, " Tahira Shireen " <tahirashireen@...> wrote:

Hi,They are showing the date but its not responding

" " < >

Sent: Friday, July 13, 2012 2:37 PM Subject: Re: (unknown)

Hi,they are showing the booking. you can go through.regardspriyanka

Sent: Friday, 13 July 2012 2:22 PM Subject: (unknown)

hey all m waittin to book exam but my epay showing o exams dates to book ?????plz reply

Guest guest

It will keep clicking it

" " < >

hey all m waittin to book exam but my epay showing o exams dates to book ?????plz reply

Guest guest

Booking Open!!! Thanks & Regards,Padma From: Priyanka Sethi <priyanka_bknin@...> " " < > Sent: Friday, 13 July 2012, 14:37 Subject: Re: (unknown)

Guest guest

Thanks Radhiya it worked and i have booked my exam From: Radhia Alvi <radhia85@...> Sent: Friday, July 13, 2012 2:44 PM Subject: Re: (unknown)

On Jul 13, 2012 2:43 PM, "Tahira Shireen" <tahirashireen@...> wrote:

" " < >

Guest guest

Your welcome :)

On Jul 13, 2012 2:57 PM, " Tahira Shireen " <tahirashireen@...> wrote:

Thanks Radhiya it worked and i have booked my exam

Sent: Friday, July 13, 2012 2:44 PM

Subject: Re: (unknown)

" " < >

Guest guest

i think III. for hypersensitivity the acronym ACID helps. It stands for Allergy (type I), Citotoxic(type II), Immunological (type III) and Delayed (type IV). i hope it helps, it s the only way I got to memorise this - and it will more surely than not appear in part I Do confirm though, and find a few examples to help you remember.Good luckAna Sent from my iPadOn 13 Jul 2012, at 21:55, BALATHASAN SASITHA <bsasitha8@...> wrote:

sjogren syndrome comes under which type of hypersensitivity reaction

Guest guest

It's an autoimmune disorder..Sent from my iPhoneOn 13 Jul 2012, at 21:55, BALATHASAN SASITHA <bsasitha8@...> wrote:

Guest guest

I think it would be the delayed oneSent from my iPhoneOn 13 Jul 2012, at 22:02, Carol <anadunlop@...> wrote:

i think III. for hypersensitivity the acronym ACID helps. It stands for Allergy (type I), Citotoxic(type II), Immunological (type III) and Delayed (type IV). i hope it helps, it s the only way I got to memorise this - and it will more surely than not appear in part I Do confirm though, and find a few examples to help you remember.Good luckAna Sent from my iPadOn 13 Jul 2012, at 21:55, BALATHASAN SASITHA <bsasitha8@...> wrote:

Guest guest

hi...i want to join any group study for ore 1..and need guidence too. From: dentaldental80 <no_reply > Sent: Wednesday, 18 July 2012, 0:06 Subject: (unknown)

finally ,if i took the decision to start studying then,

- is there any studying groups preparing for ORE part 1, where i can join ?

Guest guest

This would be clearly explained in the dental materials bookSent from my iPhoneOn 20 Jul 2012, at 13:08, iqbalrabia22 <no_reply > wrote:

there is a question about chroma.intensity of colour hue

cant find it

Guest guest

Value (lightness) describes overall intensity to how light or dark a color is. It is the only dimension of color that may exist by itself.

Chroma (Saturation) may be defined as the strength or dominance of the hue.Towards the center of the color wheel, no hue dominates and they becomes less and less saturated.

Hue is described with the words we normally think of as describing color: red, purple, blue, etc.

Guest guest

Hi stacee,My son jaylin is 5 and he got his first brace end of June. We are loving it because he can have it off for 2 1/2 hours a day :) we take it off for swimming or whatever he chooses to do and then later 1/2 for bath or shower. I know it will end come September but that's ok because we can do it again next summer :) What is your sons name?When we got our brace we had to go back once to get it adjusted and it was fine then. Well it was nice to meet you.Live, laugh, and loveJoyOn Jul 24, 2012, at 12:52 PM, STACEE STEVENSON <sstevenson1975@...> wrote:

Hello All,

I just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Stacee, and I have a four year old boy who was diagnosed with infantile scoliosis in 2011. He is currently wearing the body cast, and has been for the last six months. We receive our brace this upcoming Friday...we are sooo looking forward to it!! I am just looking to connect with some families in similar situations. Hope everyone is enjoying their summer...and I look forward to hearing from you in the future:)

Thanks so much,

Stacee

=

Guest guest

Hi Stacee,

Welcome to CAST! 2 more days until the brace...YAY! Enjoy squishy time

with your son:) Congrats!

HRH

> Hello All,

>  

> I just wanted to introduce myself.  My name is Stacee, and I have a four

> year old boy who was diagnosed with infantile scoliosis in 2011.  He is

> currently wearing the body cast, and has been for the last six months.  We

> receive our brace this upcoming Friday...we are sooo looking forward to

> it!!  I am just looking to connect with some families in similar

> situations.  Hope everyone is enjoying their summer...and I look forward

> to hearing from you in the future:)

>  

> Thanks so much,

> Stacee

Guest guest

Thanks - we are sooo looking forward to this brace. I am sure it will bring its own challenges, but we have come this far. Cole is still in his cast - though it is currently just tensor bandaged on. We have been busting him out for an hour a day. I tell all my friends to appreciate all of those soft hugs they get each day...not to take them for granted. When Cole was told that he would be casted, he was only 3. We quickly related the cast to a turtle shell, and spent weeks reading up on lin the turtle. Despite his hard shell...my little man knows just how loved he is:) But you are right...those squishy times are the best. Thanks for your best wishes!

Stacee

From: "heather@..." <heather@...>infantile scoliosis treatment Sent: Wednesday, July 25, 2012 11:26:33 AMSubject: Re: (unknown)

Hi Stacee,Welcome to CAST! 2 more days until the brace...YAY! Enjoy squishy timewith your son:) Congrats!HRH> Hello All,> > I just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Stacee, and I have a four> year old boy who was diagnosed with infantile scoliosis in 2011. He is> currently wearing the body cast, and has been for the last six months. We> receive our brace this upcoming Friday...we are sooo looking forward to> it!! I am just looking to connect with some families in similar> situations. Hope everyone is enjoying their summer...and I look forward> to hearing from you in the future:)> > Thanks so much,> Stacee

Guest guest

Very good article, .Interestingly, I just got an email from a former nurse colleague (a Catholic) who says that Obama is not anti-Catholic, he is pro- choice. It's just that I am a republican and so I am against everything he does. So blinded by their ideology.I will send your very good article on and will post it on our soon to be launched website.PeggyCheers,PeggyOn Aug 3, 2012, at 7:06 AM, Bame <rbamer2@...> wrote:

Dear here is a recent article i wrote about the effect of the mandate on my husband and my practice and i incorporated the recent ruling about Hercules industry in the last paragraph. Fr Velez was kind enough to critique it and add some changes which have been included. If you wish to forward it on, please do so, or if you believe it has merit, please advise where I should send. Blessings, Dr. Peck, MD, CCD, ABFM, Marquette NFP Instructor

Pecks Family Practice, PLC

1688 W Granada Blvd, Ste 2A

Ormond Beach, FL 32174

(386) 677-2018 fax: (386) 676-0737 cell: (386) 212-9777

"I have chosen you from the world, says the Lord, and have appointed you to go out and bear fruit, fruit that will last, alleluia" (Cf. Jn 15:16,19)

<The REAL War On Women by Dr.docx>