RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Re: (unknown)

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Sorry I meant B LYMPHOCYTESSent from my iPadOn 21 Mar 2012, at 11:42, Miral <miral_hasan@...> wrote:

Hi everyone,I think the rt choice is CCheck this and tell me what do u think? Thankshttp://www.answers.com/topic/inflammationSent from my iPadOn 21 Mar 2012, at 11:28, ebtessam elhamalawy <ebtessamhamalawy@...> wrote:

YES ITS DEFINITELY NOT NEUTROPHILIS From: Kanika Kohli <kanika_sahil@...> " " < > Sent: Wednesday, 21 March 2012, 11:26 Subject: (unknown)

Hi allAnother question from that 1000 mcqsSuppuration is mainly the result of the combined action of four factors; which of the following is not one of these factorsA. NecrosisB. Presence of lymphocytesC. Collection of neutrophilsD. Accumulation of tissue fluidE. Autolysis by proteolytic enzymeAnswer is C but in my opinion it should be B. Suppuration involves

the formation of pus in an infected area. Pus is formed from tissue fluid, cellular debris, dead and dying neutrophils and dead bacteria. and lymphocytes produce antibodies and useful in cell mediated cytotoxicity.What do you think guys?

Guest guest

This link looked suspicious to me too!

Lucy Sage

Please forgive brevity & typos

Sent from my droid

Valarie <val@...> wrote:

>You don't just send a link without saying something about it. Virus?

>

>Val

>

>From: hyperaldosteronism

>[mailto:hyperaldosteronism ] On Behalf Of h Brueschke

>Sent: Wednesday, March 21, 2012 8:17 AM

>hyperaldosteronism ; infini@...;

>isabella8888@...

>Subject: (unknown)

>

>

>http://oamsle

>

>.

>

><http://geo./serv?s=97359714/grpId=7299303/grpspId=1705132763/msgId

>=41719/stime=1332339401/nc1=5191951/nc2=3848641/nc3=5191945>

>

Guest guest

HIU WILL FIND THEN ATTACHED THESE ARE THE MOST IMPORTANTSTART WITH ETHICS ITS LONG BUT V,IMPBEST OF LUCKEBTISAM From: salina_cmc <salina_cmc@...> Sent: Thursday, 22 March 2012, 21:32 Subject: (unknown)

Hello Everyone,

Anyone got the BDA advice sheet?pls can anyone help me to have it?

7 of 7 File(s)

b1_ethics_in_dentistry_-_mar_2009.pdf

heaalth and saftey advice sheets.pdf

radiation advice sheets.pdf

dataprotection(d).pdf

147158_Standards_Profs.pdf

Infection%20Control%20In%20Dentistry%20May%202009.pdf

risk assessment advice sheets.pdf

Guest guest

hi sushma im sry will u be able to call me now bhavani From: Punkit Sudan <punkitsudan@...> ebtessam elhamalawy <ebtessamhamalawy@...>; Sent: Friday, 23 March 2012 9:33 AM Subject: Re: (unknown)

Hie need advice which guideline to follow for prescription of radiograph..........i have attached a document......is dis da rite one.......thank uhttp://www.e-radiography.net/technique/dental/Kodak%20Dental%20Prescribing%20dental%20radiogphs%20.pdf

ebtessam elhamalawy <ebtessamhamalawy@...>;

To:

< >;

Subject:

Re: (unknown) [7 Attachments]

Sent:

Thu, Mar 22, 2012 9:37:39 PM

HIU WILL FIND THEN ATTACHED THESE ARE THE MOST IMPORTANTSTART WITH ETHICS ITS LONG BUT V,IMPBEST OF LUCKEBTISAM From: salina_cmc

<salina_cmc@...> Sent: Thursday, 22 March 2012, 21:32 Subject: (unknown)

Hello Everyone,

Anyone got the BDA advice sheet?pls can anyone help me to have it?

Guest guest

HI2. 80%3.horizontal: proximal overlapping , in vertical direction either: elongation or shortening4. epinephrine IM FIRST LINEBEST OF LUCKEBTISAM From: Kanika Kohli <kanika_sahil@...> " " < > Sent: Sunday, 25 March 2012, 0:34 Subject: (unknown)

Hi everyoneI saw these questions in some previous feedbacks and can you please help me in answering1.An african man with microcytic anemia,normal ferritin levels what investigations you will do?2.%age of bacteria load decreased by cleaning?3.If X-ray beam is misaligned which fault will occur?4.A 30year old man with allergy to latex goes into anaphlactic shock whilst being treated with in dental surgery.which drug is of most benefitHydrocortisone orallychlorphenamine imsame orallyepinephrine ivsame imthanks and regardskanika

Guest guest

HI DEAR EBTESSAM CAN YOU EXPLAIN BIT MORE ON ANSWER 3 PLEASE. THANK YOU. From: ebtessam elhamalawy <ebtessamhamalawy@...> " " < > Sent: Sunday, 25 March 2012, 9:40 Subject: Re: (unknown)

HI2. 80%3.horizontal: proximal overlapping , in vertical direction either: elongation or shortening4. epinephrine IM FIRST LINEBEST OF LUCKEBTISAM From: Kanika Kohli <kanika_sahil@...> " "

< > Sent: Sunday, 25 March 2012, 0:34 Subject: (unknown)

Hi everyoneI saw these questions in some previous feedbacks and can you please help me in answering1.An african man with microcytic anemia,normal ferritin levels what investigations you will do?2.%age of bacteria load decreased by cleaning?3.If X-ray beam is misaligned which fault will occur?4.A 30year old man with allergy to latex goes into anaphlactic shock whilst being treated with in dental surgery.which drug is of most benefitHydrocortisone orallychlorphenamine imsame orallyepinephrine ivsame imthanks and regardskanika

Guest guest

HI AURTHERTHE QUESTION ASKED WHAT HAPPENS IN CASE OF MALADJUSTMENT OF THE X RAY BEAM:DURING THE X-RAY EXPOSURE:the central beam is aligned in 2 dimensionshorizontally it should pass through the contact points between the teeth: otherwise the overlaping at the interproximal contact area occurs. the only exception is In the maxilla, though, the molar contacts are often directed mesially due to the triangular shape of the maxillary molars. This means thebeam must also be directed from the mesial to open these contacts.VERTICAL ANGULATION : according to the tech u r using: BISECTING ANGLE TECHNIQUE: the x ray beam should be perpendicular to the bisecting line: ( line at the center between the the long axis of the

tooth and the long axis of the film) PARALLEL TECHNIQUE: THE CENTAL BEAM SHOULD BE PERPENDICULAR TO THE LONG AXIS OF THE TOOTHINCENSING THE ANGLE: MORE STEEP INCLINATION WILL RESULT IN SHORTENINGDECREASING THE INCLINATION ( SMALL ANGLE) : RESULTS IN ELONGATIONA CONE CUT: CAN EITHER RESULTS FROM 1. IMPROPER PLACEMENT OF THE FILM TO COVER THE TARGET AREA ORIMPROPER alignment of the central xray beam at the centre of the filmCHECK THE FOLLOWING LINK ITS VERY HELPFUL , PLUS THE MCQ AT THE ENDhttp://www.drotterholt.com/docs/Kodak_Intraoral_Radiography_Tips.pdfBEST OF LUCKEBTISAM From: ARTHUR TADEVOSYAN <arthur_tadevosyan@...> " " < > Sent: Sunday, 25 March 2012, 12:30 Subject: Re: (unknown)

HI DEAR EBTESSAM CAN YOU EXPLAIN BIT MORE ON ANSWER 3 PLEASE. THANK YOU. From: ebtessam elhamalawy <ebtessamhamalawy@...> " " < > Sent: Sunday, 25 March 2012, 9:40 Subject: Re: (unknown)

HI2. 80%3.horizontal: proximal overlapping , in vertical direction either: elongation or shortening4. epinephrine IM FIRST LINEBEST OF LUCKEBTISAM From: Kanika Kohli <kanika_sahil@...> " "

< > Sent: Sunday, 25 March 2012, 0:34 Subject: (unknown)

Guest guest

Most of the recent text are part 1, bcoz part 2 give a heading saying "part 2 " and they are quiet at the moment bcoz exam is from tomorrow i think.Sent from my iPhoneOn 29 Mar 2012, at 22:18, "salina_cmc" <salina_cmc@...> wrote:

Hi,can anyone tell,

how can i understand which are for ORE part 1 and which are for ore part 2

in messages????/

=

Guest guest

duraphat C/I in anug On 30 March 2012 14:25, Seethalmark <seethalmark@...> wrote:

Which fluoride aggravates effect of ANUG???

Sent from my iPhone

Guest guest

hii have a ppt google the rest best regardsetisam From: habibahussain45 <habibahussain@...> Sent: Friday, 6 April 2012, 12:27 Subject: (unknown)

hi.do v ve to prepare instruments as well for april part 1 ore...like how to differentiate them in pictures given...if yes can any one tell me that where to prepare them..as i m nt being able to find all of them,,,n really confused between right n left...do any one any useful materialsfor instruments.thanks

1 of 1 File(s)

surgical instruments.pps

Guest guest

hiits given in master 2 its 500gm and should be worn for 14-16 hbest regardsebtisam From: habibahussain45 <habibahussain@...> Sent: Friday, 6 April 2012, 13:43 Subject: (unknown)

hi..plz help if any one knows about correct amount of force transmitted by high pull headgear..for extra oral traction for anchorage n for growth modification...n # of hours child pt shud wear this...becoz its values are different at diff places.thanx

Guest guest

>

>

>

> hi

> i have a ppt

>

> google the rest

>

> Hi Ebtissam!

Im not able to open this ppt can u pl mail it to me.Will be very grateful!!

Thank u

regards,

Pratika

> best  regards

> etisam

>

>

>

> ________________________________

> From: habibahussain45 <habibahussain@...>

>

> Sent: Friday, 6 April 2012, 12:27

> Subject: (unknown)

>

>

>  

> hi.do v ve to prepare instruments as well for april part 1 ore...like how to

differentiate them in pictures given...if yes can any one tell me that where to

prepare them..as i m nt being able to find all of them,,,n really confused

between right n left...do any one any useful materialsfor instruments.thanks

>

Guest guest

Hey Caitlin!Welcome=)Which shriners are you going to? We go to South Carolina shriners and they do Mehta casting but call it Risser. Logan was casted at 9months old there. We are still on the casting journey but we think we are seeing a light at the end of the tunnel now. yay!From the bit I know...Mehta has the mushroom shape cut out in the front and d shape cut out in the back and they are casted on a EDF table. I hope this helps and good luck to you and your little one! Please ask the group any questions you have, there are soooo many moms and dads on here that have great

advice! Logan's mama (45 down to 7, 13th cast, 2 1/2 years old) From: cbrubakerrn <cbrubakerrn@...> infantile scoliosis treatment Sent: Monday, April 9, 2012 12:41 PM Subject: (unknown)

Hi my name is Caitlin I am new to this site my daughter Kayleigh has been diagnosed with progressive infantile scoliosis she at a 39° angle at nine months and we are currently getting into the Shriners Hospital program and I wanted to know if anyone can tell me about the differences between Risser-Catrel casting and Mehta casting. The Shriners hospital that is closer to us does the Risser Catrel casting and it is easier for us to go there but if Mehta casting is much better or any different I would like to know because we would be willing to travel further

Guest guest

- If there were good reports on the Risser we would go to Springfield Mass

which is an hr and a half drive. I think we will go with Philedelphia for the

Mehta instead... That will be a 4 to 4.5 hr drive.

Caitlin

>

> Hey Caitlin!

> Welcome=)

> Which shriners are you going to? We go to South Carolina shriners and they do

Mehta casting but call it Risser. Logan was casted at 9months old there. We are

still on the casting journey but we think we are seeing a light at the end of

the tunnel now. yay!

> From the bit  I know...

> Mehta has the mushroom shape cut out in the front and d shape cut ouOt in the

back and they are casted on a EDF table. K

>  

> I hope this helps and good luck to you and your little one! Please ask the

group any questions you have, there are soooo many moms and dads on here that

have great advice!

>  

>

> Logan's mama (45 down to 7, 13th cast, 2 1/2 years old)

>

>

> From: cbrubakerrn <cbrubakerrn@...>

> infantile scoliosis treatment

> Sent: Monday, April 9, 2012 12:41 PM

>

>

>

>  

>

> Hi my name is Caitlin I am new to this site my daughter Kayleigh has been

diagnosed with progressive infantile scoliosis she at a 39° angle at nine

months and we are currently getting into the Shriners Hospital program and I

wanted to know if anyone can tell me about the differences between Risser-Catrel

casting and Mehta casting. The Shriners hospital that is closer to us does the

Risser Catrel casting and it is easier for us to go there but if Mehta casting

is much better or any different I would like to know because we would be willing

to travel further

>

Guest guest

Need complete story. CE Grim MDOn Apr 10, 2012, at 8:06 AM, Cybil Baker wrote: I'm in the process of testing right now. Wonder what you thought of these lab values: 24 hour urine: aldosterone 15.20 Sodium 232 total 2100 Normetaphrine 691 Serum: Aldosterone 94.3 Renin 6.08 NA 135 K+ 3.6 All the testing started because I had an anaphylactic reaction to Lisinopril (or so they think, I'm still getting hives). During my hospital stay they could not get my BP down and assumed a PHEO. I just had an echo and it showed moderate LVH. What do you think?

Guest guest

I dont think there are any good reports on risser. From: cbrubakerrn <cbrubakerrn@...> infantile scoliosis treatment Sent: Monday, April 9, 2012 8:16 PM Subject:

Re: (unknown)

- If there were good reports on the Risser we would go to Springfield Mass which is an hr and a half drive. I think we will go with Philedelphia for the Mehta instead... That will be a 4 to 4.5 hr drive.

Caitlin

>

> Hey Caitlin!

> Welcome=)

> Which shriners are you going to? We go to South Carolina shriners and they do Mehta casting but call it Risser. Logan was casted at 9months old there. We are still on the casting journey but we think we are seeing a light at the end of the tunnel now. yay!

> From the bit I know...

> Mehta has the mushroom shape cut out in the front and d shape cut ouOt in the back and they are casted on a EDF table. K

> Â

> I hope this helps and good luck to you and your little one! Please ask the group any questions you have, there are soooo many moms and dads on here that have great advice!

> Â

>

> Logan's mama (45 down to 7, 13th cast, 2 1/2 years old)

>

>

> Sent: Monday, April 9, 2012 12:41 PM

>

>

>

> Â

>

> Hi my name is Caitlin I am new to this site my daughter Kayleigh has been diagnosed with progressive infantile scoliosis she at a 39° angle at nine months and we are currently getting into the Shriners Hospital program and I wanted to know if anyone can tell me about the differences between Risser-Catrel casting and Mehta casting. The Shriners hospital that is closer to us does the Risser Catrel casting and it is easier for us to go there but if Mehta casting is much better or any different I would like to know because we would be willing to travel further

>

Guest guest

Normal bands for those values? Val From: hyperaldosteronism [mailto:hyperaldosteronism ] On Behalf Of Cybil Baker I'm in the process of testing right now. Wonder what you thought of these lab values: 24 hour urine:aldosterone 15.20Sodium 232 total 2100Normetaphrine 691 Serum: Aldosterone 94.3Renin 6.08NA 135K+ 3.6 All the testing started because I had an anaphylactic reaction to Lisinopril (or so they think, I'm still getting hives). During my hospital stay they could not get my BP down and assumed a PHEO. I just had an echo and it showed moderate LVH. What do you think?

Guest guest

Dear All,

Can you explain to me about riser cast.

Regards.

From: cbrubakerrn <cbrubakerrn@...>Subject: Re: (unknown)infantile scoliosis treatment Date: Tuesday, April 10, 2012, 2:16 AM

- If there were good reports on the Risser we would go to Springfield Mass which is an hr and a half drive. I think we will go with Philedelphia for the Mehta instead... That will be a 4 to 4.5 hr drive.Caitlin>> Hey Caitlin!> Welcome=)> Which shriners are you going to? We go to South Carolina shriners and they do Mehta casting but call it Risser. Logan was casted at 9months old there. We are still on the casting journey but we think we are seeing a light at the end of the tunnel now. yay!> From the bit I know...> Mehta has the mushroom shape cut out in the front and d shape cut ouOt in the back and they are

casted on a EDF table. K>  > I hope this helps and good luck to you and your little one! Please ask the group any questions you have, there are soooo many moms and dads on here that have great advice!>  > > Logan's mama (45 down to 7, 13th cast, 2 1/2 years old)> > > ________________________________> From: cbrubakerrn <cbrubakerrn@...>> infantile scoliosis treatment > Sent: Monday, April 9, 2012 12:41 PM> Subject: (unknown)> > > >  > > Hi my name is Caitlin I am new to this site my daughter Kayleigh has been diagnosed with progressive infantile scoliosis she at a 39° angle at nine

months and we are currently getting into the Shriners Hospital program and I wanted to know if anyone can tell me about the differences between Risser-Catrel casting and Mehta casting. The Shriners hospital that is closer to us does the Risser Catrel casting and it is easier for us to go there but if Mehta casting is much better or any different I would like to know because we would be willing to travel further>

Guest guest

This was posted yesterday and explains the differences:

Risser casting and Mehta Method or EDF (elongation, derotation, flexion)

casting.

Scoliosis is a 3-dimensional problem that should be corrected on all 3 planes.

The EDF casting method has the ability to elongate the spine through traction,

derotate the spine/pelvis, and to improve lordosis and over all body

shape/alignment.

EDF differs from Risser casting. EDF casts are over the shoulder, with a large

mushroom opening on the front to allow for proper chest expansion. On the back,

there is a small cutout on the concavity of the curve, not going past the

midline. It was found that the spine became more aligned with this cutout than

without and that it helped correct rotation.

Early treatment w/ EDF is generally over a period of 9-12 months depending on

age and child's specific situation. When the child's Cobb angle is under 10 deg,

they are removed from their series of EDF plaster casts and placed into a

removable brace.

Early treatment EDF does not alternate with bracing as Risser plaster casting

can. It is a solid block of casts to decrease the childs curvature(s), gently,

slowly & permanently.

The biggest difference is the aim of treatment- which is cure, opposed to

containment. Dr's Cotrel & Morel developed the EDF technique years ago in France

and found that using one of these techniques in isolation has its own drawbacks,

yet using all three simultaneously potentializes the advantages of

each.(Elongation, Derotation, Flexion).

Additionally Risser casting is not shown to get corruption and Mehta is. Risser

casting is also more likely to cause chest and rib deformities.

> >

> > Hey Caitlin!

> > Welcome=)

> > Which shriners are you going to? We go to South Carolina shriners and they

do Mehta casting but call it Risser. Logan was casted at 9months old there. We

are still on the casting journey but we think we are seeing a light at the end

of the tunnel now. yay!

> > From the bit  I know...

> > Mehta has the mushroom shape cut out in the front and d shape cut ouOt in

the back and they are casted on a EDF table. K

> >  

> > I hope this helps and good luck to you and your little one! Please ask the

group any questions you have, there are soooo many moms and dads on here that

have great advice!

> >  

> >

> > Logan's mama (45 down to 7, 13th cast, 2 1/2 years old)

> >

> >

> > ________________________________

> > From: cbrubakerrn <cbrubakerrn@>

> > infantile scoliosis treatment

> > Sent: Monday, April 9, 2012 12:41 PM

> > Subject: (unknown)

> >

> >

> >

> >  

> >

> > Hi my name is Caitlin I am new to this site my daughter Kayleigh has been

diagnosed with progressive infantile scoliosis she at a 39° angle at nine

months and we are currently getting into the Shriners Hospital program and I

wanted to know if anyone can tell me about the differences between Risser-Catrel

casting and Mehta casting. The Shriners hospital that is closer to us does the

Risser Catrel casting and it is easier for us to go there but if Mehta casting

is much better or any different I would like to know because we would be willing

to travel further

> >

>

Guest guest

What I was trying to explain....that I think got confused.... The place we go to only does Mehta casting but the call it risser for insurance claim purposes. It is the Mehta cast. Dr P was taught by Dr Mehta herself.SO, if you call a place looking into the castings, make sure that they just dont call it that. Sorry about the confusion.... Logan's mama From: curtdennis2003 <curtdennis2003@...> infantile scoliosis treatment Sent: Tuesday, April 10, 2012 10:15 AM Subject: Re: (unknown)

This was posted yesterday and explains the differences:

Risser casting and Mehta Method or EDF (elongation, derotation, flexion) casting.

Scoliosis is a 3-dimensional problem that should be corrected on all 3 planes. The EDF casting method has the ability to elongate the spine through traction, derotate the spine/pelvis, and to improve lordosis and over all body shape/alignment.

EDF differs from Risser casting. EDF casts are over the shoulder, with a large mushroom opening on the front to allow for proper chest expansion. On the back, there is a small cutout on the concavity of the curve, not going past the midline. It was found that the spine became more aligned with this cutout than without and that it helped correct rotation.

Early treatment w/ EDF is generally over a period of 9-12 months depending on age and child's specific situation. When the child's Cobb angle is under 10 deg, they are removed from their series of EDF plaster casts and placed into a removable brace.

Early treatment EDF does not alternate with bracing as Risser plaster casting can. It is a solid block of casts to decrease the childs curvature(s), gently, slowly & permanently.

The biggest difference is the aim of treatment- which is cure, opposed to containment. Dr's Cotrel & Morel developed the EDF technique years ago in France and found that using one of these techniques in isolation has its own drawbacks, yet using all three simultaneously potentializes the advantages of each.(Elongation, Derotation, Flexion).

Additionally Risser casting is not shown to get corruption and Mehta is. Risser casting is also more likely to cause chest and rib deformities.

> >

> > Hey Caitlin!

> > Welcome=)

> > Which shriners are you going to? We go to South Carolina shriners and they do Mehta casting but call it Risser. Logan was casted at 9months old there. We are still on the casting journey but we think we are seeing a light at the end of the tunnel now. yay!

> > From the bit I know...

> > Mehta has the mushroom shape cut out in the front and d shape cut ouOt in the back and they are casted on a EDF table. K

> > ÂÂ

> > I hope this helps and good luck to you and your little one! Please ask the group any questions you have, there are soooo many moms and dads on here that have great advice!

> > ÂÂ

> >

> > Logan's mama (45 down to 7, 13th cast, 2 1/2 years old)

> >

> >

> > ________________________________

> > From: cbrubakerrn <cbrubakerrn@>

> > infantile scoliosis treatment

> > Sent: Monday, April 9, 2012 12:41 PM

> > Subject: (unknown)

> >

> >

> >

> > ÂÂ

> >

> > Hi my name is Caitlin I am new to this site my daughter Kayleigh has been diagnosed with progressive infantile scoliosis she at a 39° angle at nine months and we are currently getting into the Shriners Hospital program and I wanted to know if anyone can tell me about the differences between Risser-Catrel casting and Mehta casting. The Shriners hospital that is closer to us does the Risser Catrel casting and it is easier for us to go there but if Mehta casting is much better or any different I would like to know because we would be willing to travel further

> >

>

Guest guest

Dr. Mehtas Early Treatment Method w/ specialized EDF casting has the

ability to correct the spines of rapidly growing infants, gently and

permanently. Old style Risser casts usually arent specialized for an

infants rapidly growing body and the necessary Early Treatment principles

may not be employed. EDF casting is simply an improvement to the Risser

technique as it has the ability to correct 3-dimensionally. Risser

corrects 2-dimensionally and scoli is a 3-d issue.

Ill read posts before I go into more detail..:)

HRH

> Hi my name is Caitlin I am new to this site my daughter Kayleigh has been

> diagnosed with progressive infantile scoliosis she at a 39° angle at nine

> months and we are currently getting into the Shriners Hospital program and

> I wanted to know if anyone can tell me about the differences between

> Risser-Catrel casting and Mehta casting. The Shriners hospital that is

> closer to us does the Risser Catrel casting and it is easier for us to go

> there but if Mehta casting is much better or any different I would like to

> know because we would be willing to travel further

>

>

Guest guest

I dont think so either...There are published studies on Risser for

adults/adolescents, but none on Early Treatment w/ Risser as it had never

been used to cure the spines of infants with PIS. Risser was mostly used

to maintain or correct temporarily the spines of older patients...Or, as a

post op procedure.

HRH

> I dont think there are any good reports on risser.

>

>

>

> Sent: Monday, April 9, 2012 8:16 PM

> Subject: Re: (unknown)

>

>

>

>  

>

>

> - If there were good reports on the Risser we would go to

> Springfield Mass which is an hr and a half drive. I think we will go with

> Philedelphia for the Mehta instead... That will be a 4 to 4.5 hr drive.

>

> Caitlin

>

>

>>

>> Hey Caitlin!

>> Welcome=)

>> Which shriners are you going to? We go to South Carolina shriners and

>> they do Mehta casting but call it Risser. Logan was casted at 9months

>> old there. We are still on the casting journey but we think we are

>> seeing a light at the end of the tunnel now. yay!

>> From the bit  I know...

>> Mehta has the mushroom shape cut out in the front and d shape cut ouOt

>> in the back and they are casted on a EDF table. K

>>  

>> I hope this helps and good luck to you and your little one! Please ask

>> the group any questions you have, there are soooo many moms and dads on

>> here that have great advice!

>>  

>>

>> Logan's mama (45 down to 7, 13th cast, 2 1/2 years old)

>>

>>

>> ________________________________

>> From: cbrubakerrn <cbrubakerrn@...>

>> infantile scoliosis treatment

>> Sent: Monday, April 9, 2012 12:41 PM

>> Subject: (unknown)

>>

>>

>>

>>  

>>

>> Hi my name is Caitlin I am new to this site my daughter Kayleigh has

>> been diagnosed with progressive infantile scoliosis she at a 39°

>> angle at nine months and we are currently getting into the Shriners

>> Hospital program and I wanted to know if anyone can tell me about the

>> differences between Risser-Catrel casting and Mehta casting. The

>> Shriners hospital that is closer to us does the Risser Catrel casting

>> and it is easier for us to go there but if Mehta casting is much better

>> or any different I would like to know because we would be willing to

>> travel further

>>

>

>

>

Guest guest

I believe that Risser casting is better than no casting at all. It can

correct if ET principles are adhered to. A risser with proper windows and

ET principles is better than a poorly made brace for progressive infantile

scoli...IMO.

HRH

>  

>  

>                     Dear All,

>  

>                                    Can

> you explain to me about riser cast.

>                Regards.

>                .

>

>

>

>

> Subject: Re: (unknown)

> Date: Tuesday, April 10, 2012, 2:16 AM

>

>

>

>  

>

>

>

>

> - If there were good reports on the Risser we would go to

> Springfield Mass which is an hr and a half drive. I think we will go with

> Philedelphia for the Mehta instead... That will be a 4 to 4.5 hr drive.

>

> Caitlin

>

>

>>

>> Hey Caitlin!

>> Welcome=)

>> Which shriners are you going to? We go to South Carolina shriners and

>> they do Mehta casting but call it Risser. Logan was casted at 9months

>> old there. We are still on the casting journey but we think we are

>> seeing a light at the end of the tunnel now. yay!

>> From the bit  I know...

>> Mehta has the mushroom shape cut out in the front and d shape cut ouOt

>> in the back and they are casted on a EDF table. K

>>  

>> I hope this helps and good luck to you and your little one! Please ask

>> the group any questions you have, there are soooo many moms and dads on

>> here that have great advice!

>>  

>>

>> Logan's mama (45 down to 7, 13th cast, 2 1/2 years old)

>>

>>

>> ________________________________

>> From: cbrubakerrn <cbrubakerrn@...>

>> infantile scoliosis treatment

>> Sent: Monday, April 9, 2012 12:41 PM

>> Subject: (unknown)

>>

>>

>>

>>  

>>