RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Re: (unknown)

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Aren't all the auto-immune diseases (i.e. MS) related to Vit D3 deficiency? (thus, no MS south of the equator) (:-)

RR.

vague paresthesiasHi all:53 year old male, 10+ years of bilateral foot "numbish" feelings. Denies diabetes, has had workups apparently. Fingers have been tingling lately, and has been waking after 2 hours sleep with chin and "sides" tingling. No known exposures to heavy metals, toxic chemicals. No noted back or neck pain. I didn't ask about family history.I just did a phone consult, he called requesting an MRI to find out what was wrong and I told him it would be multiple areas and that he may want to consult a neurologist first. Any ideas or referral recommendations?Thanks!Rod , DCTillamook Natural Health Center

Rod: If he is a 53 year old male living in the Northwest I would be sure to rule out Multiple Sclerosis. Up to 90% of patients with MS with present with some degree of parestesia. If I was going to do any imaging I would like to se the brain, and the spinal cord in the cervical region. Other important diagnoses to consider are hypothyroidism (order TSH and free T4 to start) and B12 deficiency (alcohol use/abuse? diet? history of medications which block the absorption of B vitamins). We all think of diabetes when considering foot numbness but there are many other conditions which present with bilateral paresthesia. Additionally some latent infections will also have numbness.

Hope that helps. Keep us posted. Sincerely: Dr. J Chlebowski 923 NE Couch St Portland, Oregon Drchrischlebowski.com

Guest guest

Aren't all the auto-immune diseases (i.e. MS) related to Vit D3 deficiency? (thus, no MS south of the equator) (:-)

RR.

vague paresthesiasHi all:53 year old male, 10+ years of bilateral foot "numbish" feelings. Denies diabetes, has had workups apparently. Fingers have been tingling lately, and has been waking after 2 hours sleep with chin and "sides" tingling. No known exposures to heavy metals, toxic chemicals. No noted back or neck pain. I didn't ask about family history.I just did a phone consult, he called requesting an MRI to find out what was wrong and I told him it would be multiple areas and that he may want to consult a neurologist first. Any ideas or referral recommendations?Thanks!Rod , DCTillamook Natural Health Center

Rod: If he is a 53 year old male living in the Northwest I would be sure to rule out Multiple Sclerosis. Up to 90% of patients with MS with present with some degree of parestesia. If I was going to do any imaging I would like to se the brain, and the spinal cord in the cervical region. Other important diagnoses to consider are hypothyroidism (order TSH and free T4 to start) and B12 deficiency (alcohol use/abuse? diet? history of medications which block the absorption of B vitamins). We all think of diabetes when considering foot numbness but there are many other conditions which present with bilateral paresthesia. Additionally some latent infections will also have numbness.

Hope that helps. Keep us posted. Sincerely: Dr. J Chlebowski 923 NE Couch St Portland, Oregon Drchrischlebowski.com

Guest guest

Roni,

Your TSH will be sensitive to the T3 in Armour, because it spikes the

blood. You should expect your TSH to be quite a bit lower than on T4,

before you feel comfortable. To keep the T4 and T3 in bounds on tests,

be sure you stop taking the Armour at least a day before the next blood

test.

Chuck

You wrote:

>

>

>

> I don't know if the following went through. I have gone back on the one

> grain of Armour

> I was taking. Any insights would be appreciated.

>

>

>

> >

> > TSH....................... 0.093

> Low................range 0.450 - 4.500

> >

> > Thyroxine(T4) Free,Direct,

> > S T4,Free (Direct.........................

> 0.90......................... 0.61 - 1.76

> >

> > Trilodothyronine,Free,Serum........ 4.3

> High................... 2.3 - 4.2

> >

> > I was on Armour, and I've been giving Thyrolar a try to see if my

> stomach would be more

> > settled. It's not really.

> >

> > My temperatures on awaking for 5 mornings were:

> >

> > 97.2 - 97.1 - 95.9 - 97.1 - 96.4

> >

Guest guest

I accidentally took my pill the morning of the test, and called my doctor's

office to see if I should postpone it, and he said to go take it. I think I have

to try someone else.

Roni

<>Just because something

isn't seen doesn't mean it's

not there<>

>

>

>

> I don't know if the following went through. I have gone back on the one

> grain of Armour

> I was taking. Any insights would be appreciated.

>  >

>  > TSH.......................                            0.093

> Low................range 0.450 -  4.500

>  >

>  > Thyroxine(T4) Free,Direct,

>  > S T4,Free (Direct.........................   

>    0.90.........................           0.61 - 1.76

>  >

>  > Trilodothyronine,Free,Serum........        4.3

> High...................            2.3 -  4.2

>  >

>  > I was on Armour, and I've been giving Thyrolar a try to see if my

> stomach would be more

>  > settled. It's not really.

>  >

>  > My temperatures on awaking for 5 mornings were:

>  >

>  > 97.2  -  97.1  -  95.9  -  97.1  -  96.4

>  >

------------------------------------

Guest guest

yes, yes, yes, and YES!!!!

Sunny

Sunny Kierstyn, RN DC Fibromyalgia Care Center of Oregon 2677 Willakenzie Road, 7C

Eugene, Oregon, 97401

541- 344- 0509; Fx; 541- 344- 0955

From: drbobdc83@...Date: Thu, 9 Apr 2009 11:31:55 -0700Subject: Re: (unknown)

RR.

Rod:

If he is a 53 year old male living in the Northwest I would be sure to rule out Multiple Sclerosis. Up to 90% of patients with MS with present with some degree of parestesia. If I was going to do any imaging I would like to se the brain, and the spinal cord in the cervical region.

Other important diagnoses to consider are hypothyroidism (order TSH and free T4 to start) and B12 deficiency (alcohol use/abuse? diet? history of medications which block the absorption of B vitamins). We all think of diabetes when considering foot numbness but there are many other conditions which present with bilateral paresthesia. Additionally some latent infections will also have numbness.

Hope that helps. Keep us posted.

Sincerely:

Dr. J Chlebowski 923 NE Couch St Portland, Oregon Drchrischlebowski.com

Rediscover Hotmail®: Get e-mail storage that grows with you. Check it out.

Guest guest

Sunny

Sunny Kierstyn, RN DC Fibromyalgia Care Center of Oregon 2677 Willakenzie Road, 7C

Eugene, Oregon, 97401

RR.

Rod:

If he is a 53 year old male living in the Northwest I would be sure to rule out Multiple Sclerosis. Up to 90% of patients with MS with present with some degree of parestesia. If I was going to do any imaging I would like to se the brain, and the spinal cord in the cervical region.

Other important diagnoses to consider are hypothyroidism (order TSH and free T4 to start) and B12 deficiency (alcohol use/abuse? diet? history of medications which block the absorption of B vitamins). We all think of diabetes when considering foot numbness but there are many other conditions which present with bilateral paresthesia. Additionally some latent infections will also have numbness.

Sincerely:

Guest guest

Ah...what was the answer again Sunny??? ha!

Vern SAboe

Rod:

Sincerely:

Guest guest

Ah...what was the answer again Sunny??? ha!

Vern SAboe

Rod:

Sincerely:

Guest guest

have you tried your local public library?  you can check out books for 2-4 weeks

at a time. 

does anyone know where can i get a good book to prep up for the ptcb exam?

somewhere other than online,

Guest guest

Any recommendations for a company that has good quality D3

Charlie

[mailto: ] On Behalf Of Sunny

Kierstyn

Sent: Friday, April 10, 2009 8:17 AM

s, D.C.;

Subject: RE: (unknown)

Sunny

Sunny Kierstyn, RN DC

Fibromyalgia Care Center of Oregon

2677 Willakenzie Road, 7C

Eugene, Oregon, 97401

Date: Thu, 9 Apr 2009 11:31:55 -0700

Subject: Re: (unknown)

Aren't all the auto-immune diseases (i.e. MS) related

to Vit D3 deficiency? (thus, no MS south of the equator) (:-)

RR.

-----

Original Message -----

Sent: Thursday, April 09,

2009 11:23 AM

Subject:

(unknown)

Original Message -----

@grou ps.com

Sent: Thursday, April 02, 2009 7:42 PM

Subject: vague paresthesias

Hi all:

53 year old male, 10+ years of bilateral foot " numbish " feelings.

Denies diabetes, has had workups apparently. Fingers have been tingling

lately, and has been waking after 2 hours sleep with chin and

" sides " tingling. No known exposures to heavy metals, toxic

chemicals. No noted back or neck pain. I didn't ask about family history.

I just did a phone consult, he called requesting an MRI to find out what was

wrong and I told him it would be multiple areas and that he may want to

consult a neurologist first.

Any ideas or referral recommendations?

Thanks!

Rod , DC

Tillamook Natural Health Center

Rod:

If he is a 53 year old male living in the Northwest I

would be sure to rule out Multiple Sclerosis. Up to 90% of patients with MS

with present with some degree of parestesia. If I was going to do any imaging

I would like to se the brain, and the spinal cord in the cervical region.

Other important diagnoses to consider are hypothyroidism

(order TSH and free T4 to start) and B12 deficiency (alcohol use/abuse? diet?

history of medications which block the absorption of B vitamins). We all

think of diabetes when considering foot numbness but there are many other

conditions which present with bilateral paresthesia. Additionally some latent

infections will also have numbness.

Sincerely:

Dr. J Chlebowski

923 NE Couch St

Portland, Oregon

Drchrischlebowski.com

Rediscover Hotmail®: Get e-mail storage that grows with you.

Check it out.

Guest guest

Charlie

[mailto: ] On Behalf Of Sunny

Kierstyn

Sent: Friday, April 10, 2009 8:17 AM

s, D.C.;

Subject: RE: (unknown)

Sunny

Sunny Kierstyn, RN DC

Fibromyalgia Care Center of Oregon

2677 Willakenzie Road, 7C

Eugene, Oregon, 97401

Date: Thu, 9 Apr 2009 11:31:55 -0700

Subject: Re: (unknown)

Aren't all the auto-immune diseases (i.e. MS) related

to Vit D3 deficiency? (thus, no MS south of the equator) (:-)

RR.

-----

Original Message -----

Sent: Thursday, April 09,

2009 11:23 AM

Subject:

(unknown)

Original Message -----

@grou ps.com

Sent: Thursday, April 02, 2009 7:42 PM

Subject: vague paresthesias

Hi all:

53 year old male, 10+ years of bilateral foot " numbish " feelings.

Denies diabetes, has had workups apparently. Fingers have been tingling

lately, and has been waking after 2 hours sleep with chin and

" sides " tingling. No known exposures to heavy metals, toxic

chemicals. No noted back or neck pain. I didn't ask about family history.

I just did a phone consult, he called requesting an MRI to find out what was

wrong and I told him it would be multiple areas and that he may want to

consult a neurologist first.

Any ideas or referral recommendations?

Thanks!

Rod , DC

Tillamook Natural Health Center

Rod:

If he is a 53 year old male living in the Northwest I

would be sure to rule out Multiple Sclerosis. Up to 90% of patients with MS

with present with some degree of parestesia. If I was going to do any imaging

I would like to se the brain, and the spinal cord in the cervical region.

Other important diagnoses to consider are hypothyroidism

(order TSH and free T4 to start) and B12 deficiency (alcohol use/abuse? diet?

history of medications which block the absorption of B vitamins). We all

think of diabetes when considering foot numbness but there are many other

conditions which present with bilateral paresthesia. Additionally some latent

infections will also have numbness.

Sincerely:

Dr. J Chlebowski

923 NE Couch St

Portland, Oregon

Drchrischlebowski.com

Rediscover Hotmail®: Get e-mail storage that grows with you.

Check it out.

Guest guest

Obviously you have not been south of the equator. There are areas with Vit D3 deficiency in the southern hemisphere

DeSiena

Be your own boss. Click here for information on starting your own business.

Guest guest

Obviously you have not been south of the equator. There are areas with Vit D3 deficiency in the southern hemisphere

DeSiena

Be your own boss. Click here for information on starting your own business.

Guest guest

I'm currently recommending Carlson's D Drops....2000 IU/drop. AND....everything I am reading says the drops MUST be accompanied with sun exposure. Two conjugative pathways: skin and kidney and the kidney needs the skin input in order to do ITS job.

Sunny

Eugene, Oregon, 97401

From: caughlindrc@...To: skrndc1@...; drbobdc83@...; Subject: RE: (unknown)Date: Fri, 10 Apr 2009 09:31:10 -0700

Charlie

From: [mailto: ] On Behalf Of Sunny KierstynSent: Friday, April 10, 2009 8:17 AM s, D.C.; Subject: RE: (unknown)

yes, yes, yes, and YES!!!! Sunny

Sunny Kierstyn, RN DC Fibromyalgia Care Center of Oregon 2677 Willakenzie Road, 7CEugene, Oregon, 97401541- 344- 0509; Fx; 541- 344- 0955

RR.

Rod:

Sincerely:

Dr. J Chlebowski

923 NE Couch St

Portland, Oregon

Drchrischlebowski.com

Rediscover Hotmail®: Get quick friend updates right in your inbox. Check it out.

Guest guest

I'm currently recommending Carlson's D Drops....2000 IU/drop. AND....everything I am reading says the drops MUST be accompanied with sun exposure. Two conjugative pathways: skin and kidney and the kidney needs the skin input in order to do ITS job.

Sunny

Eugene, Oregon, 97401

From: caughlindrc@...To: skrndc1@...; drbobdc83@...; Subject: RE: (unknown)Date: Fri, 10 Apr 2009 09:31:10 -0700

Charlie

From: [mailto: ] On Behalf Of Sunny KierstynSent: Friday, April 10, 2009 8:17 AM s, D.C.; Subject: RE: (unknown)

yes, yes, yes, and YES!!!! Sunny

Sunny Kierstyn, RN DC Fibromyalgia Care Center of Oregon 2677 Willakenzie Road, 7CEugene, Oregon, 97401541- 344- 0509; Fx; 541- 344- 0955

RR.

Rod:

Sincerely:

Dr. J Chlebowski

923 NE Couch St

Portland, Oregon

Drchrischlebowski.com

Rediscover Hotmail®: Get quick friend updates right in your inbox. Check it out.

Guest guest

Frequently the blacks and hispanics have strong deficiencies .... their color requires them to need 2 - 4 times more sun exposure than us caucasians.

Sunny

Eugene, Oregon, 97401

From: adesiena@...Date: Fri, 10 Apr 2009 16:48:05 +0000vsaboe@...CC: drbobdc83@...; ; skrndc1@...Subject: Re: (unknown)

DeSiena____________________________________________________________ Be your own boss. Click here for information on starting your own business.Rediscover Hotmail®: Get e-mail storage that grows with you. Check it out.

Guest guest

Frequently the blacks and hispanics have strong deficiencies .... their color requires them to need 2 - 4 times more sun exposure than us caucasians.

Sunny

Eugene, Oregon, 97401

From: adesiena@...Date: Fri, 10 Apr 2009 16:48:05 +0000vsaboe@...CC: drbobdc83@...; ; skrndc1@...Subject: Re: (unknown)

DeSiena____________________________________________________________ Be your own boss. Click here for information on starting your own business.Rediscover Hotmail®: Get e-mail storage that grows with you. Check it out.

Guest guest

Hi Dawn, good to have you with us.

I did try to email you off forum but it bounced and I cant see a reason why!

Gill x

hahaI did think of this prior to acceptance ''all the Moderators will be at the TPA-UK Get Together next weekend - so she has jumped in at the deep-end.

Internal Virus Database is out-of-date.Checked by AVG Free Edition. Version: 7.5.516 / Virus Database: 269.17.6/1192 - Release Date: 21/12/07 13:17

Guest guest

Hello Sue,  do you mean Central Park, as in New York, if so , then I'll have to

pass as I live in Northern California..

WOW both a SCS & Pain pump, would tell me more ? I'm the area coordinator for

RSDSA and our very 1st meeting is next week. Would you like to share your story

( 1st names only)

Seems a pump & SCS is very intense, Thx for kind reply, , Alis . 

Subject: (unknown)

stimulator

Date: Sunday, April 12, 2009, 4:04 PM

Welcome to group. My name is Sue. I also have RSD, along with several other

medical conditions. I have 2 SCS and a pain pump.

Will you be at the walk on June 28th in Central Park sponored by Achilles? I

will be there on team RSD. In fact, the first year there was only about 25 on us

walking. Each year the number has grown, and our team has gotten stronger.

Everyone here knows what everyone else is going through. We help support each

other through it. I also belong to a live support group.

Sue C

Guest guest

thanks for takeing quick action

(unknown)

Mike and I were talking yesterday about the fact that the group had become so

quiet. We hadn't realized that?it was since / had started posting. The

most important thing is that the members??feel and are safe. We are here for

each other, to help and support each other.

Sue C

Guest guest

Will do!!  Thanks Sue!

stimulator

Sent: Wednesday, April 15, 2009 6:54:53 PM

Sheryl

Good luck with your surgery. Hope all goes well. Keep us posted.

Sue C

Guest guest

Yes thanks from me as well!!!!

(unknown)

Mike and I were talking yesterday about the fact that the group had become so

quiet. We hadn't realized that?it was since / had started posting. The

most important thing is that the members??feel and are safe. We are here for

each other, to help and support each other.

Sue C

Guest guest

I have had a double fusion and I can not really say how much it solved...I

have spinal cord compression now so surgeons are out for me at least for

awhile....

But my surgery was maybe 5 years ago... I know they are making progress in

having genetic surgery that is much less invasive.. you might ask your

surgeon if they know anything about how far they think that is away. But be

careful about signing on to surgery..I think there are quite a few of us that

have less that great results and a triple fusion in your neck is no simple

thing.. I imagine that the more the disk that are bad are in the curve of

your neck the more difficult the surgery will be...

Also, if you have never had surgery before you need to know that many

surgeons are pretty cold.. I guess they have to be or their level of confidence

might be affected.

bets wishes

Tom

In a message dated 4/16/2009 10:30:32 A.M. Mountain Daylight Time,

nancat621998@... writes:

Hi everyone,

This is my first time in this group and I just wanted to introduce myself.

after a fall at work 18 months ago where I fell face first into a wall, my

Dr is recommending a triple fusion on my cervical area. Anyone familiar

with this procedure and have some feedback?

Sincerely,

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

**************Access 350+ FREE radio stations anytime from anywhere on the

web. Get the Radio Toolbar!

(http://toolbar.aol.com/aolradio/download.html?ncid=emlcntusdown00000003)

Guest guest

Tightness of the throat is known as " catch in the throat " which arises

from coconut oil with contains water residue & the oil spoils over

time. This topic has come up many times on this list. Search the list

archives for details.

I would write to the manufacturer/supplier and complain. If the

supplier is unwilling to send you replacement coconut oil, I would

suggest changing suppliers and warning people on this list about that

supplier's brand of coconut oil.

Alobar

On Wed, Apr 15, 2009 at 8:54 PM, Nicky Brown <brownnicky55@...> wrote:

> I am new to this forum and wanted to ask if anyone has had negative reactions

to coconut oil. I started taking it 5 weeks ago for hypothyroidism and have been

very dizzy and had headaches and a tightness in my throat since almost the first

day. I have also become constipated. I have been putting it on my skin as it is

very dry and it has made it dryer. I have also been putting it on my feet for

athletes foot and it has made no difference. I have put on weight, generally

don't have a weight problem ( I have cut calories to allow for the extra ones

from the oil). I am really disapointed as I had hoped for the great results I

have been reading about. I know I have the right oil as it smells like coconut

and is 76 degree melt organic virgin oil. I would like to persevere but the

dizzyness and headaches are to much to bear ( I suspect this is high blood

pressure which I have never had before). Any insights into this would be greatly

appreciated.

>

>

>

Guest guest

Amy, I believe, just turned 30 last month. Her daughter, Olivia, is 5 1/2 and

her son, Phineas, is 3 1/2...if my calculations are correct (sorry, my brain is

on temporary DUH). She was with her hubby, Will, for many years, and they were

great together. Both meant the world to one another...

I can definitely related to your attitude on the whole concept of giving to find

a cure...this is the very reason I do not support most charities pertaining to

cancer. All the money that is given to the cause, and it is not even clearly

understood what leads to certain instances of cancer...nothing more than

bullshit, a way to make certain pocketbooks fat.

Yes, Amy had her " ducks in a row " and sought the best care for herself.

Unfortunately, another brutal winter, bringing various illnesses into play, and

it seriously sucks! I remain sad, but my feelings are turning to anger...right

now, it's just multi-directional anger...

Amy M.

Date: Friday, April 17, 2009, 10:05 AM

My prayers go out to Amy and her family. I am a mother of a 16yr old

daughter with sma type 2. I agree this is all bullshit, when my daughter was

first diagnosed, the MDA doctor said, " That we are so close to a cure, that if

someone was to pick a time to get sma, its now. " Okay well its 15yrs later and

still nothing..... We stopped the MDA clinic....to me it was all bullshit. May I

ask how old Amy was and her children? I didnt know her, but I keep updated with

this website, and from what I read, she had all her ducks in a row.. I will miss

her entries..... .

CHRIS