RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Update on me

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Thanks I'm gonna copy that list and take it to the grocery store when I can go shopping.. might not be until next week when we have extra money, its been slow at my dh's job and he was getting under 15 hours a week. I usually pay all the bills and he pays for gas and food and when he doesnt work as much it really screws us up..

Janice White <divinemrsw@...> wrote:

Salads are excellent for dinner. DH really loves them. He has bad heartburn/acid reflux & since we've started eating them more often, it's not so bad. I just have to watch his portions, though. He'll eat too much & be miserable. I throw just about everything into the salad. The main thing that changes each time is the type of meat -- chicken, fish, ham, turkey, tuna, etc. Here's just a list of what I usually put in (based on what we each like):

lettuce: iceberg, green leaf, romaine (any or all)

fresh spinach leaves

brocolli

cauliflower

bell peppers (green, red, & yellow)

black olives

eggs

celery

cucumbers

tomatoes (usually the cherry ones so I don't have to cut them up)

carrots

radishes

bean sprouts

salad toppings (sold next to the bacon bits at Walmart)

meat (chicken, ham, turkey, tuna, etc.) based on who likes what

cheese (shredded mixed blend, deli sliced, feta, etc.) based on who likes what

dressing (usually the italina type that you mix in a bottle w/olive oli, water, & vinegar)

I've found that it's easiest to just chop things up all at one time. I usually make about 3 days worth of chopped veggies. That way, I'm not having to stand there every night. The only thing that gets chopped every night is the meat, cheese, & eggs. The veggies are waiting for me in plastic containers.

Janice100-Plus Files page 100-plus/files100-Plus Links page 100-plus/links __________________________________________________

Guest guest

He works for two men and a truck moving company its slow in the winter months and just starting to pick up now in the spring

Jase4567@... wrote:

In a message dated 4/29/05 7:47:39 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time, bostonsweety27@... writes:

he was getting under 15 hours a week

whats hubby do? Mine is a mechanic and his hrs have been so off for this time of year.

NH... Mom to Abby Liz 10/94 Anne 7/99100-Plus Files page 100-plus/files100-Plus Links page 100-plus/links __________________________________________________

Guest guest

I sure hope so. The doc was supposed to call today He had surgery today so, He probably forgot. Connie

carolann1312004@... writes:

Hi Connie,

Sounds like you're making progress. Be strong, best wishes.

Carol

Guest guest

Hi Connie,

Sounds like you're making progress. Be strong, best wishes.

Carol

tashadow@... wrote:

I am still waiting for the OS to call, I talked to the nurse and, I have to have another test on Tuesday morning which is not going to be pleasant. But, they want to check for fluid in the hip to see if there is an infection.

Connie

Guest guest

I have to have another test on Tuesday morning which is not going to be pleasant they want to check for fluid in the hip to see if there is an infection If it's a hip asperation with CNS it's not a pleasant one but look at the bright side.... there are worse things. Try to think positive and say to yourself one moment down is one less to endure. :) I hope things go well for you Connie and your test results are positive ones with a simple non~painful fix, will keep you in my prayers.

Guest guest

Thanks Maxine,

I appreciate the info. I have had steroid injections before so, I know how the needle is. I have always felt it though, the numbing meds never got far enough into the hip to keep me from feeling. I am just going to grit my teeth and bear it like I always do plus have my Yahtzee game to keep me occupied. They did say that they might not get any fluid, I just want the test over and done with. The other tests, I am going to try to not think about yet. If I have to have them, I will read your message again to remind me. I am just tired of the pain and hope for a solution soon. Connie

bayleerocks@... writes:

Hi Connie,I had an excessive amount of fluid in my hip and as far as I know, it's still there.I started out at Mayo Clinic with this hip pain, and they did a CT scan, then an MRI and then scheduled me for an aspiration of fluid to see if there was an infection.Don't be afraid of the procedure. I know, ... it sounds gruesome to think they are going to stick a needle down into the hip joint and suck out some fluid, but, if the radiologist/physician knows what they are doing,[and they DO know, otherwise they could'nt be doing it.] you won't feel any pain. Trust me. I was scared to death, and never felt any pain.They have you lying on a table like an x-ray table, which in fact it is, and they have a flouroscope on and can watch on a screen exactly where they have the needle so they know when they have it into the hip capsule to aspirate the fluid. You must lie very still though.It turned out that they couldn't get anything into the needle, and they said that isn't uncommon. It happens a lot of times.They then injected sterile saline solution into the hip capsule and aspirated that to culture it for bacteria or microbes, and nothing showed up.A year later, I was still in so much pain and decided to go to a different facility in another state, and they did the same procedure with the same results. So, I asked why is it that nobody seems to be able to get this fluid out? Is it because it's too thick and can't be sucked up into the needle? They said it wasn't surprising that they couldn't get any of the fluid. They said that happens often.If you are going to have a CT scan, that's nothing to be afraid of either. You just lie on a table, they may inject a solution into your vein but that's painless, and then the table moves and you are prompted by them as to when you should hold your breath and when to let it out. It only takes about five minutes.If you are having an MRI, that is just lying on a table, then the table is moved into a tunnel-type thing. It seems closed in, and if you are claustrophobic, you can tell them ahead of time and they will give you something to relax you. They will put ear plugs in as there is a kind of loud clicking, then pounding sound. I was always comfortable. I would close my eyes and think about lying on a beach and the time passed quickly. There is a gentle breeze and it feels literally like I AM lying on a beach. They will say things like, " this next scan will take four minutes", or, "This next scan will take eight minutes," and sometimes I would count in my mind the seconds in a minute multiplied by four or eight, then start counting in my head and it gets to be a mind game after a while to see how close you can come to the exact time the scan ends.The only thing is, .... YOU MUST LIE VERY STILL WHILE IN THERE. If you don't, then the image is ruined and they have to start over. So, if you ever have one, make sure you are in a very comfortable position BEFORE they push your table into the tunnel. Get your head, arms legs etc. into the most comfortable position possible. ask for pillows and cushions until you're comfy and feel you can stay in that position for about 3/4 hour. You would probably be in there for about 45 minutes for the first time. If you've had one done before, it's possible they could do it much faster as they know exactly where to scan the next time. They will be talking to you over speakers at times while you are in there.They also have a bulb you hold in your hand to squeeze if you want to say anything to them. They can hear you also, so don't be afraid that something might happen and that you wouldn't be able to contact them.I hope this helps. Don't be afraid. You'll be fine. ..... Maxine

Guest guest

Hi Connie,

I had an excessive amount of fluid in my hip and as far as I know, it's

still there.

I started out at Mayo Clinic with this hip pain, and they did a CT

scan, then an MRI and then scheduled me for an aspiration of fluid to

see if there was an infection.

Don't be afraid of the procedure. I know, ... it sounds gruesome to

think they are going to stick a needle down into the hip joint and suck

out some fluid, but, if the radiologist/physician knows what they are

doing,[and they DO know, otherwise they could'nt be doing it.] you

won't feel any pain. Trust me. I was scared to death, and never felt

any pain.

They have you lying on a table like an x-ray table, which in fact it

is, and they have a flouroscope on and can watch on a screen exactly

where they have the needle so they know when they have it into the hip

capsule to aspirate the fluid. You must lie very still though.

It turned out that they couldn't get anything into the needle, and they

said that isn't uncommon. It happens a lot of times.

They then injected sterile saline solution into the hip capsule and

aspirated that to culture it for bacteria or microbes, and nothing

showed up.

A year later, I was still in so much pain and decided to go to a

different facility in another state, and they did the same procedure

with the same results. So, I asked why is it that nobody seems to be

able to get this fluid out? Is it because it's too thick and can't be

sucked up into the needle? They said it wasn't surprising that they

couldn't get any of the fluid. They said that happens often.

If you are going to have a CT scan, that's nothing to be afraid of

either. You just lie on a table, they may inject a solution into your

vein but that's painless, and then the table moves and you are prompted

by them as to when you should hold your breath and when to let it out.

It only takes about five minutes.

If you are having an MRI, that is just lying on a table, then the table

is moved into a tunnel-type thing. It seems closed in, and if you are

claustrophobic, you can tell them ahead of time and they will give you

something to relax you. They will put ear plugs in as there is a kind

of loud clicking, then pounding sound. I was always comfortable. I

would close my eyes and think about lying on a beach and the time

passed quickly. There is a gentle breeze and it feels literally like I

AM lying on a beach. They will say things like, " this next scan will

take four minutes " , or, " This next scan will take eight minutes, " and

sometimes I would count in my mind the seconds in a minute multiplied

by four or eight, then start counting in my head and it gets to be a

mind game after a while to see how close you can come to the exact time

the scan ends.

The only thing is, .... YOU MUST LIE VERY STILL WHILE IN THERE. If you

don't, then the image is ruined and they have to start over. So, if you

ever have one, make sure you are in a very comfortable position BEFORE

they push your table into the tunnel. Get your head, arms legs etc.

into the most comfortable position possible. ask for pillows and

cushions until you're comfy and feel you can stay in that position for

about 3/4 hour. You would probably be in there for about 45 minutes for

the first time. If you've had one done before, it's possible they could

do it much faster as they know exactly where to scan the next time.

They will be talking to you over speakers at times while you are in

there.

They also have a bulb you hold in your hand to squeeze if you want to

say anything to them. They can hear you also, so don't be afraid that

something might happen and that you wouldn't be able to contact them.

I hope this helps. Don't be afraid. You'll be fine. ..... Maxine

In Joint Replacement , tashadow@a... wrote:

> I am still waiting for the OS to call, I talked to the nurse and, I

have to

> have another test on Tuesday morning which is not going to be

pleasant. But,

> they want to check for fluid in the hip to see if there is an

infection.

>

> Connie

Guest guest

tashadow@... wrote:

> I am still waiting for the OS to call, I talked to the nurse and, I

> have to have another test on Tuesday morning which is not going to be

> pleasant. But, they want to check for fluid in the hip to see if

> there is an infection.

I had that done a few weeks ago. You're right, it's not pleasant, but

it IS very quick. It's not hideous or horrible, just uncomfortable. And

there's a good side effect: the local anaesthetic they put in during

the injection knocks out all pain and feeling in your hip and thigh for

a good number of hours. Bliss!

katie

who now has less than three weeks to go before her second revision. eek!

Guest guest

general aspiration is different from aspiration with CNS which is culture & sensitivity testing.... which is painful to a degree depending upon how well you tolerate things. Mine was done in CT scan~ needle advanced mm at a time and rescanned. Either way though.... worrying about it won't change things, so think positive and best of luck.

Guest guest

It does involve a couple needles. Not much different than the steroid injections I got in the past except they aren't putting medicine in there. I try to think of it as one moment at a time and play my yahtzee game to keep me occupied.

Connie

SassyLouYou@... writes:

If it's a hip asperation with CNS it's not a pleasant one but look at the bright side.... there are worse things. Try to think positive and say to yourself one moment down is one less to endure. :) I hope things go well for you Connie and your test results are positive ones with a simple non~painful fix, will keep you in my prayers.

Guest guest

The pain can't be much worse than the pain I am dealing with now so, I don't think it will be too bad. They will put some anesthetic in there first. I am not even going to think about it.

Connie

SassyLouYou@... writes:

general aspiration is different from aspiration with CNS which is culture & sensitivity testing.... which is painful to a degree depending upon how well you tolerate things. Mine was done in CT scan~ needle advanced mm at a time and rescanned. Either way though.... worrying about it won't change things, so think positive and best of luck.

Guest guest

I play the hand held one too. I don't know what my high score is but, I know it is at least 459. Thanks, I can't wait til the test is over with. Connie

juneflower60@... writes:

Hi Connie,

What kind of Yahtzee game do you play? I play the hand electric game my highest game is 488.Well I wish you the best of luck in the test you have to take. Have a nice day.

Susie

Guest guest

It does involve a couple needles Yes they actually have the inducer and the needle which are two different pieces. They position the inducer so they don't have to stick ya time & again.... the other piece slides inside. It's not really all that bad~ but then I have a pretty high tolerance for pain. Either way you'll do great sweetie don't worry yourself over it.... just better to be prepared then slapped with the unexpected. Reason I told you is because I didn't know going in.... and I am true to the "grin & bare it" theory. I was in some serious pain at one point and the doc said "honey don't that hurt?" to which I responded "yes... why" at which time he questioned at what point I started hurting to which I responded.... shortly after you fixed the local! He then told me I was suppose to speak up and let him know what hurt and what didn't.... to which I kindly yelled back YOU COULD'VE MENTION THAT WHEN WE STARTED! LOL That's why I'm telling you if it's CNS~ speak up or they'll just keep on until you DO speak up with hurt!

Guest guest

Hi Connie,

What kind of Yahtzee game do you play? I play the hand electric game my highest game is 488.Well I wish you the best of luck in the test you have to take. Have a nice day.

Susie

-------------- Original message --------------

It does involve a couple needles. Not much different than the steroid injections I got in the past except they aren't putting medicine in there. I try to think of it as one moment at a time and play my yahtzee game to keep me occupied.

Connie

SassyLouYou@... writes:

If it's a hip asperation with CNS it's not a pleasant one but look at the bright side.... there are worse things. Try to think positive and say to yourself one moment down is one less to endure. :) I hope things go well for you Connie and your test results are positive ones with a simple non~painful fix, will keep you in my prayers.

Guest guest

Hi Connie,

On the hand held one theirs a high score button on it thats where you see your high score .

Well you take care.

Susie

-------------- Original message --------------

I play the hand held one too. I don't know what my high score is but, I know it is at least 459. Thanks, I can't wait til the test is over with. Connie

juneflower60@... writes:

Hi Connie,

Susie

Guest guest

Right now it is 453 points. Connie

juneflower60@... writes:

Hi Connie,

On the hand held one theirs a high score button on it thats where you see your high score .

Well you take care.

Susie

Guest guest

I sure hope it is quick. I would love the anesthetic for hours. I don't have to drive so, cool. Connie

heyoka@... writes:

tashadow@... wrote:> I am still waiting for the OS to call, I talked to the nurse and, I > have to have another test on Tuesday morning which is not going to be > pleasant. But, they want to check for fluid in the hip to see if > there is an infection.I had that done a few weeks ago. You're right, it's not pleasant, but it IS very quick. It's not hideous or horrible, just uncomfortable. And there's a good side effect: the local anaesthetic they put in during the injection knocks out all pain and feeling in your hip and thigh for a good number of hours. Bliss!katiewho now has less than three weeks to go before her second revision. eek!

Guest guest

Don't worry as much as I grin and bear alot of things, I will tell them it hurts so, they can hopefully do something. But, I try to just grit my teeth and, hang on. Connie

SassyLouYou@... writes:

It does involve a couple needles Yes they actually have the inducer and the needle which are two different pieces. They position the inducer so they don't have to stick ya time & again.... the other piece slides inside. It's not really all that bad~ but then I have a pretty high tolerance for pain. Either way you'll do great sweetie don't worry yourself over it.... just better to be prepared then slapped with the unexpected. Reason I told you is because I didn't know going in.... and I am true to the "grin & bare it" theory. I was in some serious pain at one point and the doc said "honey don't that hurt?" to which I responded "yes... why" at which time he questioned at what point I started hurting to which I responded.... shortly after you fixed the local! He then told me I was suppose to speak up and let him know what hurt and what didn't.... to which I kindly yelled back YOU COULD'VE MENTION THAT WHEN WE STARTED! LOL That's why I'm telling you if it's CNS~ speak up or they'll just keep on until you DO speak up with hurt!

Guest guest

I will tell them it hurts so, they can hopefully do something. But, I try to just grit my teeth and, hang on. Connie I think you'll do great sweetie.... sides... worrying about it won't fix it~ your thinking positively in terms of need it, getting it... and soon done with it~ which is good. You just put on a smile and know that regardless of what is.... it won't be forever. :) I will keep you in my prayers as I do all my hipster friends having testing, surgery and such.... take care of yourself and walk well.

Guest guest

>I finally got my permanant shift of 8am to 5pm at work..

Congrats! You finally get to live as a human again instead of a

night-crawler! LOL

Is this the first time since you moved down there from Mass?

> Eating wise... I am proud to say I am one week fast food free,

Now you finally get to be home and eat a sensible dinner with your family

every day of the week.

>I have been drinking atleast 2 bottles so 48 oz not nearly what I need but

its a start..

It's hard to drink that much when you have to be at a desk working during

your awake time. :)

>I still have some snacks and sweets

As long as you just eat a *small* snack and not half a box of ice cream at

one sitting, it's fine. Remember, this is a life-time you're going to be

eating this way, so be sure you continue to eat your favorite foods or

you'll feel deprived and start binging in no time.

>I would start to get some chest pains

Probably all the salt raising your blood pressure and the fat clogging the

arteries. Have you mentioned these pains to a doctor?

>I havent weighed myself and I dont plan to,

Good for you! I keep making that promise to myself, yet the next morning,

as if sleepwalking, I'm right back on it. This week I had been

" experimenting " with a different eating plan and experimented 4 more pounds

onto this fat body of mine. (sigh)

Good to see you again, and hope to see you on your day off next week.

Sue in NJ

Guest guest

I hope the letter worked and they do not fire you :)

Take care and fight that mental hunger!

Ninaflor_bella_2000 <flor_bellas@...> wrote:

Ok, I've had a couple of days of rest and am feeling a little more like myself after my nightmarish plane ride back home on Sunday. I was so out of it cause we hit turbulance as soon as we took off till we landed in Miami 5 hours later. I thought we were going to stop in Dallas but no, it was a straight ride from Los Angeles. I took the American Eagle from San Diego to Los Angeles and that was no walk in the park either. When the Eagle landed in LA it skidded almost sidesways so I was a bit uncomfortable. Like I've said in a previous post, if anything is going to happen it usually happens to me! LOL!I've been recuperating nicely and couldn't help but jump on the scale yesterday...9 pounds in 4 days! I know it's mostly water but I'll take it. I'm not very hungry but my head keeps telling

me I am especially when I see my boyfriend having a ribeye steak...mmmmmmmm. However, a couple of sips of whatever liquid I'm having and I'm fine.I've developed a nagging cough that hasn't really let me sleep well since Sunday, it is a dry cough, nothing comes up. I'm taking cough syrup but it only alleviates it for a few minutes at most. I'm starting to believe this cough is a side effect of the anesthesia because I had gynecological surgery a couple of months ago and remember the same thing happening. Anyway, that's my theory but I may be wrong. Anyone have any ideas?I've taken a week off from work to allow myself to heal completely and not compromise my band. I hope I can continue the liquid phase as I am currently doing and not get too hungry and be in misery before my fill. What else can I say? My experience with Dr. Aceve was great, I've never really had such high

quality medical care here in the States. His bedside manner is out of this world, he actually took time to sit with me in my room and talk to me. He's the best. I'm hoping to do my fill with him because I don't think anyone will ever be as thorough and caring as him.

Nina Eguia Patient Coordinator, Dr Aceves888 344 3916 , 619-962-8142nina_eguia@...

Guest guest

Thank you Nina, nope they have not fired me yet! They actually got a temp to cover my position...hehehe, maybe they'll appreciate my work even more now!

I'm doing pretty good with the head hunger I just gotta keep sipping...or like you are fond of saying...sip, sip, sip!>From: nina eguia <nina_eguia@...>>Reply- > >Subject: Re: Update on me>Date: Tue, 2 Aug 2005 12:31:27 -0700 (PDT)>>,>I hope the letter worked and they do not fire you :)>Take care and fight that mental hunger!>Nina>>flor_bella_2000 <flor_bellas@...> wrote:>Ok, I've had a couple of days of rest and am feeling a little more>like myself after my nightmarish plane ride back home on Sunday. I>was so out of it cause we hit turbulance as soon as we took off till>we landed in Miami 5 hours later. I thought we were going to stop>in Dallas but no, it was a straight ride from Los Angeles. I took>the American Eagle from San Diego to Los Angeles and that was no>walk in the park either. When the Eagle landed in LA it skidded>almost sidesways so I was a bit uncomfortable. Like I've said in a>previous post, if anything is going to happen it usually happens to>me! LOL!>>I've been recuperating nicely and couldn't help but jump on the>scale yesterday...9 pounds in 4 days! I know it's mostly water but>I'll take it. I'm not very hungry but my head keeps telling me I am>especially when I see my boyfriend having a ribeye>steak...mmmmmmmm. However, a couple of sips of whatever liquid I'm>having and I'm fine.>>I've developed a nagging cough that hasn't really let me sleep well>since Sunday, it is a dry cough, nothing comes up. I'm taking cough>syrup but it only alleviates it for a few minutes at most. I'm>starting to believe this cough is a side effect of the anesthesia>because I had gynecological surgery a couple of months ago and>remember the same thing happening. Anyway, that's my theory but I>may be wrong. Anyone have any ideas?>>I've taken a week off from work to allow myself to heal completely>and not compromise my band. I hope I can continue the liquid phase>as I am currently doing and not get too hungry and be in misery>before my fill. What else can I say? My experience with Dr. Aceve>was great, I've never really had such high quality medical care here>in the States. His bedside manner is out of this world, he actually>took time to sit with me in my room and talk to me. He's the best.>I'm hoping to do my fill with him because I don't think anyone will>ever be as thorough and caring as him.>>>>>

Guest guest

Hi ! Glad you made it through that flight!! I would have been sooo scared!! I am not a good flier.

The head hunger is something you will have to contend with for a long time I think. I am still having problems with it sometimes, especially when I see others eating. Even if I have already eaten sometimes, I think I want to eat. The other part is finishing the food on my plate. I am still getting used to the right portions and sometimes put too much on my plate. I am getting better at it but it feels so weird to push away food. I have never, and I mean NEVER done that. You know how some people are giving and say "here, try this, it is really good?" I wouldn't even do that because I wanted the food all to myself! LOL! So yeah, pushing a plate of food away takes some getting used to. Another example, the other day I went to Dairy Queen and ordered a "Very small bowl of chilli". Well they don't normally serve just chili so they were trying to accomodate me the best they could. unfortunately, the bowl was not very small, maybe held 2 cups. So I ate a few bites,

I would say 5, and started to get the signal from my band. I took a look at the bowl of chili, and there was so much left, the starving children in Africa syndrome hit me and hit me hard. I really wanted to finish that bowl. Thank goodness I didn't have a drink with me or I could have cheated the band (drank some liquid causing the food to pass through the pouch and leaving room for more food). I have done this on occasion like when Curtis has taken me out and I wanted to eat a little more. Anyway, when you start mushies you will start practicing portion control but it won't be until your first good fill when the band litterally says "Hello!! I am down here" that you will get the point.

Someone else asked if it hurts to eat solids after a fill. It depends on if you don't chew it well enough, it can hurt. You will learn what foods you can tolerate, and what foods you can't. I have been lucky and so far I can tolerate everything but tuna (which I love). Some people can't eat breads, pasta, beef, chicken, etc. If you don't chew well enough, you will get the golfball feeling or sliming event (like throwing up a jelly fish).

M

flor_bella_2000 <flor_bellas@...> wrote:

Ok, I've had a couple of days of rest and am feeling a little more like myself after my nightmarish plane ride back home on Sunday. I was so out of it cause we hit turbulance as soon as we took off till we landed in Miami 5 hours later. I thought we were going to stop in Dallas but no, it was a straight ride from Los Angeles. I took the American Eagle from San Diego to Los Angeles and that was no walk in the park either. When the Eagle landed in LA it skidded almost sidesways so I was a bit uncomfortable. Like I've said in a previous post, if anything is going to happen it usually happens to me! LOL!Aceves-bandsters/<*>

Guest guest

Thanks for the info about how you feel when you eat after a fill. Rosemary

-----Original Message-----From: [mailto: ]On Behalf Of MillsSent: Tuesday, August 02, 2005 3:29 PM Subject: Re: Update on me

Hi ! Glad you made it through that flight!! I would have been sooo scared!! I am not a good flier.

The head hunger is something you will have to contend with for a long time I think. I am still having problems with it sometimes, especially when I see others eating. Even if I have already eaten sometimes, I think I want to eat. The other part is finishing the food on my plate. I am still getting used to the right portions and sometimes put too much on my plate. I am getting better at it but it feels so weird to push away food. I have never, and I mean NEVER done that. You know how some people are giving and say "here, try this, it is really good?" I wouldn't even do that because I wanted the food all to myself! LOL! So yeah, pushing a plate of food away takes some getting used to. Another example, the other day I went to Dairy Queen and ordered a "Very small bowl of chilli". Well they don't normally serve just chili so they were trying to accomodate me the best they could. unfortunately, the bowl was not very small, maybe held 2 cups. So I ate a fe! w bites, I would say 5, and started to get the signal from my band. I took a look at the bowl of chili, and there was so much left, the starving children in Africa syndrome hit me and hit me hard. I really wanted to finish that bowl. Thank goodness I didn't have a drink with me or I could have cheated the band (drank some liquid causing the food to pass through the pouch and leaving room for more food). I have done this on occasion like when Curtis has taken me out and I wanted to eat a little more. Anyway, when you start mushies you will start practicing portion control but it won't be until your first good fill when the band litterally says "Hello!! I am down here" that you will get the point.

Someone else asked if it hurts to eat solids after a fill. It depends on if you don't chew it well enough, it can hurt. You will learn what foods you can tolerate, and what foods you can't. I have been lucky and so far I can tolerate everything but tuna (which I love). Some people can't eat breads, pasta, beef, chicken, etc. If you don't chew well enough, you will get the golfball feeling or sliming event (like throwing up a jelly fish).

M

flor_bella_2000 <flor_bellas@...> wrote:

Ok, I've had a couple of days of rest and am feeling a little more like myself after my nightmarish plane ride back home on Sunday. I was so out of it cause we hit turbulance as soon as we took off till we landed in Miami 5 hours later. I thought we were going to stop in Dallas but no, it was a straight ride from Los Angeles. I took the American Eagle from San Diego to Los Angeles and that was no walk in the park either. When the Eagle landed in LA it skidded almost sidesways so I was a bit uncomfortable. Like I've said in a previous post, if anything is going to happen it usually happens to me! LOL!Aceves-bandsters/<*>

Guest guest

Flor glad to here your home and doing well. Welcome to the other side. Belinda

Update on me

Ok, I've had a couple of days of rest and am feeling a little more like myself after my nightmarish plane ride back home on Sunday. I was so out of it cause we hit turbulance as soon as we took off till we landed in Miami 5 hours later. I thought we were going to stop in Dallas but no, it was a straight ride from Los Angeles. I took the American Eagle from San Diego to Los Angeles and that was no walk in the park either. When the Eagle landed in LA it skidded almost sidesways so I was a bit uncomfortable. Like I've said in a previous post, if anything is going to happen it usually happens to me! LOL!I've been recuperating nicely and couldn't help but jump on the scale yesterday...9 pounds in 4 days! I know it's mostly water but I'll take it. I'm not very hungry but my head keeps telling me I am especially when I see my boyfriend having a ribeye steak...mmmmmmmm. However, a couple of sips of whatever liquid I'm having and I'm fine.I've developed a nagging cough that hasn't really let me sleep well since Sunday, it is a dry cough, nothing comes up. I'm taking cough syrup but it only alleviates it for a few minutes at most. I'm starting to believe this cough is a side effect of the anesthesia because I had gynecological surgery a couple of months ago and remember the same thing happening. Anyway, that's my theory but I may be wrong. Anyone have any ideas?I've taken a week off from work to allow myself to heal completely and not compromise my band. I hope I can continue the liquid phase as I am currently doing and not get too hungry and be in misery before my fill. What else can I say? My experience with Dr. Aceve was great, I've never really had such high quality medical care here in the States. His bedside manner is out of this world, he actually took time to sit with me in my room and talk to me. He's the best. I'm hoping to do my fill with him because I don't think anyone will ever be as thorough and caring as him.