RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Update on me

Rate this topic

Guest guest

That would be an advantage! I never thought of that! I'm glad you have that extra knowledge, it is obviously coming in handy for you!

Update on me

Well the fun NEVER ENDS! I called the resident who is suppose to be my Dr. today to tell him about the side effects I'm having on Prednisone. He isn't working alone he is being over-seen by the Head Neuro-Ophthalmologi st who is in charge of all of the Ophthalmologist residents at the Beaumont Eye Institute in Royal Oak. I told him that I talked to a Pharmacist last night about my symptoms and he said that I should call you in the morning because a couple of them aren't normal. I told the resident about feeling tired and have a red sore throat that has blisters on it. The blisters are in the back of my throat so every time I swallow it hurts. He said that I should follow up with my PCP - Primary Care Physician. I said that I don't have one yet but have a scheduled appointment with her next week. However, she doesn't know me and doesn't know what has been happening with me. He said that he doesn't mean to brush me off onto my PCP but he is only concerned with treating my eye condition nothing else. Well, that PISSED ME OFF and I told him that he gave me the medication (Prednisone) that is causing this side effect so HE IS responsible for my care. I told him that he is suppose to monitor my condition. I went on to tell him that he should have empathy for his patients. I said you sure don't seem to care about what I'm going through! I told him that I want him to write down all of the symptoms I said and to show them to his supervisor then he or the supervisor has to call me back to tell me what I should do about my SORE RED throat with BLISTERS on it! The night before I had looked up the side effects of Prednisone and one of them is Oral Thrush which is a yeast infection of the mouth. It happens because Prednisone kills off the bacteria that are responsible for stopping yeast to grow in your body. Well that resident talked to his supervisor and called me back right away. He said that I had Oral Thrush! I told him that that's what I thought I had and that it's a yeast infection, he said that's right and that some people get infections while taking Prednisone. He told me that babies get thrush, and I thought SO WHAT, am I suppose to let it keep growing in my mouth and down my throat! He said that they could look at my throat if it's not getting any better. So, I told him that if I don't feel any better tomorrow or if my throat hurts worse I will call him again. Later, my neighbor called and told me that I have to get an antibiotic to treat the yeast infection (Oral Thrush) because it could spread down my throat and make swallowing harder.....TOO LATE, I can feel it in my throat NOW. I called my "new" PCP but she won't be back until Monday so I scheduled an appointment with another Dr. in her office. I hope I don't have to wait an hour to get in to see the Dr. and get some MEDS! Stupid resident should have sent a prescription to my pharmacy. Thank God my neighbor knew how serious is can get.Pray for me, Jen I

Guest guest

That would be an advantage! I never thought of that! I'm glad you have that extra knowledge, it is obviously coming in handy for you!

Update on me

Well the fun NEVER ENDS! I called the resident who is suppose to be my Dr. today to tell him about the side effects I'm having on Prednisone. He isn't working alone he is being over-seen by the Head Neuro-Ophthalmologi st who is in charge of all of the Ophthalmologist residents at the Beaumont Eye Institute in Royal Oak. I told him that I talked to a Pharmacist last night about my symptoms and he said that I should call you in the morning because a couple of them aren't normal. I told the resident about feeling tired and have a red sore throat that has blisters on it. The blisters are in the back of my throat so every time I swallow it hurts. He said that I should follow up with my PCP - Primary Care Physician. I said that I don't have one yet but have a scheduled appointment with her next week. However, she doesn't know me and doesn't know what has been happening with me. He said that he doesn't mean to brush me off onto my PCP but he is only concerned with treating my eye condition nothing else. Well, that PISSED ME OFF and I told him that he gave me the medication (Prednisone) that is causing this side effect so HE IS responsible for my care. I told him that he is suppose to monitor my condition. I went on to tell him that he should have empathy for his patients. I said you sure don't seem to care about what I'm going through! I told him that I want him to write down all of the symptoms I said and to show them to his supervisor then he or the supervisor has to call me back to tell me what I should do about my SORE RED throat with BLISTERS on it! The night before I had looked up the side effects of Prednisone and one of them is Oral Thrush which is a yeast infection of the mouth. It happens because Prednisone kills off the bacteria that are responsible for stopping yeast to grow in your body. Well that resident talked to his supervisor and called me back right away. He said that I had Oral Thrush! I told him that that's what I thought I had and that it's a yeast infection, he said that's right and that some people get infections while taking Prednisone. He told me that babies get thrush, and I thought SO WHAT, am I suppose to let it keep growing in my mouth and down my throat! He said that they could look at my throat if it's not getting any better. So, I told him that if I don't feel any better tomorrow or if my throat hurts worse I will call him again. Later, my neighbor called and told me that I have to get an antibiotic to treat the yeast infection (Oral Thrush) because it could spread down my throat and make swallowing harder.....TOO LATE, I can feel it in my throat NOW. I called my "new" PCP but she won't be back until Monday so I scheduled an appointment with another Dr. in her office. I hope I don't have to wait an hour to get in to see the Dr. and get some MEDS! Stupid resident should have sent a prescription to my pharmacy. Thank God my neighbor knew how serious is can get.Pray for me, Jen I

Guest guest

Update on me

Guest guest

Stacey, I think that your post was the most beautiful post I've ever read. Especially: keep thinking positive thoughts. meditate on the positive and you will

see remarkable results. your body is out of balance right now and it

needs special attention that only you can give. imagine yourself happy,

healthy and blessed. you are loved by so many --turn that love into the

strength you need. The Dr. said that I may not be able to get rid of the yeast infection until I'm off of the steroids. The steroids caused this by lowering my immune system so much that it wasn't able to prevent the yeast from growing. That said, I'm thankful for the steroids because they are healing my eye. Next Wednesday I will have an MRI done. I'm trying to think positive and hope that the Dr.'s diagnosis was wrong and that I will be fine. You are right that I can help myself by staying positive. The stress and sheer terror of this situation is what has gotten to me because I know that the infection will be gone sooner or later and I can live with that. I've all ready started de-stressing my life by telling the agency I work for

that I won't be able to return until at least after July 28th when my medication is done. But if I'm still feeling weak, tired or still have the yeast infection, I will tell them that I can't work. until I'm well and will call them. My health is far MORE important than my job! I've been eating Dannon Lite & Fit Raspberry Gogi, do you think that one is good? I like yogurts that are blended without the fruit to stir in. Can you tell me a few that would be all right for me to eat? I tried the Yoplait Light but it was way too sweet and hurt my throat. What about eating non-fat cottage cheese with applesauce? I read on the Mayo Clinic site that eating yogurts containing Lactobacillus acidophilus or bifidobacterium can help. Do you know which yogurts have those bacterias? The Mayo clinic article I

found also says to limit the amount of sugar and yeast which is no problem since it burns my throat. I can't eat much salt either because the Prednisone raises my sodium level and lowers potassium and calcium. I've been drinking ice water. Also, I've been drinking skim milk and taking my medicine with it to coat my stomach. And yes I've been trying to eat small meals spaced through

out the day. What about Special K breakfast drink or Muscle milk, would those be ok for me to drink? I don't have any way of making shakes/smoothies. I did have mashed potatoes tonight and ate some applesauce, a few times this week. Yea baby food would be good for my throat because it really hurts. I think the thrush went down my throat because it hurts A LOT when I swallow. The Prednisone killed my appetitie long before the thrush did but having thrush makes it even more difficult for me to force myself to eat. If you don't know any specific yogurt or other food that would be low in sugar, can you tell me how many mg of sugar would be ok to eat? I'm getting concerned because I'm losing weight and I KNOW it's not healthy because I haven't been getting in enough calories. I would appreciate it, if you have the time. Wow the prednisone is great

for helping my eye and ankle but it's really bad for my throat.Thanks Stacey and sorry so LONG! JenSubject: Re: Update on meTo: exercisevideos Date: Thursday, July 22, 2010, 7:18 PM

jen,

yes, i've known mom's who had to take nystatin--don't be surprised if this is slow at getting rid of the infection--ask the md how long before you will see results (because you may need a stronger prescription if the nystatin doesn't kill all of the yeast). hoping you have relief soon! sometimes yeast is tricky to get rid of.

remember the best yogurts are the ones with the least added sugar and the most live bacteria. drink ice water, eat small meals spaced through out the day. shakes/smoothies, mashed potatoes, applesauce, any fairly bland soft food without alot of sugar. this may sound silly but baby food may be good right now since it is pureed and a small amount. you probably have no appetite because it hurts to eat...

keep thinking positive thoughts. meditate on the positive and you will see remarkable results. your body is out of balance right now and it needs special attention that only you can give. imagine yourself happy, healthy and blessed. you are loved by so many --turn that love into the strength you need.

stacey

Guest guest

Stacey, I think that your post was the most beautiful post I've ever read. Especially: keep thinking positive thoughts. meditate on the positive and you will

strength you need. The Dr. said that I may not be able to get rid of the yeast infection until I'm off of the steroids. The steroids caused this by lowering my immune system so much that it wasn't able to prevent the yeast from growing. That said, I'm thankful for the steroids because they are healing my eye. Next Wednesday I will have an MRI done. I'm trying to think positive and hope that the Dr.'s diagnosis was wrong and that I will be fine. You are right that I can help myself by staying positive. The stress and sheer terror of this situation is what has gotten to me because I know that the infection will be gone sooner or later and I can live with that. I've all ready started de-stressing my life by telling the agency I work for

that I won't be able to return until at least after July 28th when my medication is done. But if I'm still feeling weak, tired or still have the yeast infection, I will tell them that I can't work. until I'm well and will call them. My health is far MORE important than my job! I've been eating Dannon Lite & Fit Raspberry Gogi, do you think that one is good? I like yogurts that are blended without the fruit to stir in. Can you tell me a few that would be all right for me to eat? I tried the Yoplait Light but it was way too sweet and hurt my throat. What about eating non-fat cottage cheese with applesauce? I read on the Mayo Clinic site that eating yogurts containing Lactobacillus acidophilus or bifidobacterium can help. Do you know which yogurts have those bacterias? The Mayo clinic article I

found also says to limit the amount of sugar and yeast which is no problem since it burns my throat. I can't eat much salt either because the Prednisone raises my sodium level and lowers potassium and calcium. I've been drinking ice water. Also, I've been drinking skim milk and taking my medicine with it to coat my stomach. And yes I've been trying to eat small meals spaced through

out the day. What about Special K breakfast drink or Muscle milk, would those be ok for me to drink? I don't have any way of making shakes/smoothies. I did have mashed potatoes tonight and ate some applesauce, a few times this week. Yea baby food would be good for my throat because it really hurts. I think the thrush went down my throat because it hurts A LOT when I swallow. The Prednisone killed my appetitie long before the thrush did but having thrush makes it even more difficult for me to force myself to eat. If you don't know any specific yogurt or other food that would be low in sugar, can you tell me how many mg of sugar would be ok to eat? I'm getting concerned because I'm losing weight and I KNOW it's not healthy because I haven't been getting in enough calories. I would appreciate it, if you have the time. Wow the prednisone is great

for helping my eye and ankle but it's really bad for my throat.Thanks Stacey and sorry so LONG! JenSubject: Re: Update on meTo: exercisevideos Date: Thursday, July 22, 2010, 7:18 PM

jen,

yes, i've known mom's who had to take nystatin--don't be surprised if this is slow at getting rid of the infection--ask the md how long before you will see results (because you may need a stronger prescription if the nystatin doesn't kill all of the yeast). hoping you have relief soon! sometimes yeast is tricky to get rid of.

remember the best yogurts are the ones with the least added sugar and the most live bacteria. drink ice water, eat small meals spaced through out the day. shakes/smoothies, mashed potatoes, applesauce, any fairly bland soft food without alot of sugar. this may sound silly but baby food may be good right now since it is pureed and a small amount. you probably have no appetite because it hurts to eat...

keep thinking positive thoughts. meditate on the positive and you will see remarkable results. your body is out of balance right now and it needs special attention that only you can give. imagine yourself happy, healthy and blessed. you are loved by so many --turn that love into the strength you need.

stacey

Guest guest

jen,

stacey

Guest guest

I tried to gargle with salt water when I first noticed the canker sores/white bumps but it burned like fire so I'm not trying that again. Also the Prednisone has a lot of salt in it so I'm trying to avoid it as much as possible. No problem avoiding sugar because too much sugar or salt hurts my throat and no problems with sugar cravings because I have Zero appetite. I can't stop taking the Prednisone because I'm tapering down from 3 days of the medication (IVs) so I will have to suffer for a while. I have an appointment to see my family Dr. on Wednesday and will discuss it with her.Thanks for all your

tips, JenFrom: Festival City Concrete Ltd / & Carolyn Visser Subject: Re: Update on meTo: exercisevideos Date: Friday, July 23, 2010, 2:10 AM

hi jen -

so sorry to hear that you are suffering :(

i get thrush frequently from inhaling my asthma meds (a

cortico-steroid which collects in the back of the throat and

results in a yeast overgrowth there). i know the razor blade

pain in swallowing, and especially eating, with thrush.

the doctor has prescribed an anti-fungal for you to fight the

infection (not an antibiotic as you said).

unfortunately, i have found liquid nystatin to be useless and i

will not take any med but diflucan/fluconazole (via a pill) for

yeast overgrowth. one pill and *bam* yeast is eradicated from

any area of the body. powerful stuff... but so is yeast.

instead, i would try gargling with warm salt water, or listerine

(which contains thymol which helps to kill yeast) or hydrogen

peroxide.

hydrogen peroxide will kill any infection in the mouth, no matter

what it is.

it bubbles like crazy and burns a bit, but if i gargle at night

and leave it in my mouth when i go to sleep, the thrush is gone

in the morning. be careful not to use peroxide too much or it

can cause its own case of irritation.

i also found taking cold live acidophilus capsules to not be

helpful (after spending lots of money on it and taking it

multiple times a day for many months). and, i think that one

would have to eat a truck load of yogurt every day to get benefit

from it in this regard. but, heck, yogurt certainly wont hurt

you.

my approach is to fight off the infection immediately in the

mouth/throat and rely on my body to build and maintain its own

supply of acidophils/bifidus/etc (the bacterias in the our guts

that regulate yeast). but, yes, while you are taking

prednisone, your body will not do this. so you will need to

constantly fight off the mouth infection for the duration of

treatment, and also for a period of time afterward until your

body can do it for itself. so you will be required to gargle

with whatever you choose multiple times a day.

also be careful not to re-infect yourself via your toothbrush...

you can store your toothbrush in peroxide or even in the

nystatin, if you like. and buy a brand new one once your body

has recovered from the prednisone usage. while you have thrush,

brush your tongue and the insides of your cheeks. wash your

hands alot and use disposable paper towels to dry your hands,

wash your face, wipe your mouth, etc.

please try not to worry yourself sick about the yeast going

through your entire body (ie: 'systemic'). while this can

happen, it does takes time and you probably wont be on prednisone

long enough. if gargling with nystatin or some other remedy

for a period of time does not help with the oral yeast infection,

or if you also get a vaginal yeast infection, then ask the doctor

for diflucan and see if there is something besides prednisone

that you can take for your condition.

a few last warnings... when you are successful in killing off

excess yeast, you may get diarrhea as the dead yeast exits the

body. this especially happens with diflucan because of its

*bam* effect. also, while you have a yeast infection, you

may feel driven to consume sugar. sugar feeds yeast, so be

mindful of that and stay away from sugar as much as possible.

you may also get a funny taste in your mouth and bad breath from

the yeast.

hang in there, you will be able to get rid of it, it will just

take a little bit of time and consistency. i hope that you are

feeling better very soon,

:*carolyn.

Guest guest

I have Optic Neuritis in my right eye, which happens to be my good eye. I FREAKED OUT when my vision kept deteriorating until all I saw was black and white strips, no color, no objects, no people NOTHING! Steroids help to reduce the inflammation of my optic nerve. I had to have 3 consecutive days of IV steroid called Solu-Medrol, which took 3 and 1/2 hours to drip into me. Then, I started on the Prednisone taper. I can't stop it because I'm tapering off of the steroids. The steroids are working and my vision is slowly coming back. It has also reduced all of the tendonitis in my ankle. I know Prednisone can be dangerous and I feel like I'm living in hell but it's better than never getting my sight back or waiting months for it to

return. Strange though, I'm not hungry, actually I have no appetite at all and I'm exhausted instead of energic. JenSubject: Re: Update on meTo: exercisevideos Date: Friday, July 23, 2010, 9:22 PM

----Way behind in posts - so forgive me if this was already discussed---

Jen do you have a Whole Foods or natural health store nearby? I would give liquid oil of oregano a shot. It is a strong anti-microbial and anti-fungal. It tastes wicked, wicked awful, sort of like taking a shot of italian food in a liquor form or something. (I have used it for thrush and to fight gingivitis etc.)

Yeast overgrowth is a major problem for people with fibromyalgia - but in a catch 22 - so is allergic reactions to medications including anti-biotics. I've had to do alot of research to find work arounds.

Oil of Oregano isn't snake oil and can't harm you - it may burn a bit though- it actually was used in conventional medicine until the early 1900s when it was replaced by more modern pharmaceutical products - but it is still reccommended quite a bit back door by DOs and the like. It is coming back into more mainstream use thanks to the like of Drs. Wiel, Oz etc...

I would put four drops of the purest oil of oregano under your tounge and hold it there for about ten minutes. Then take a few sips of water but don't swallow. Swish like mad and gargle then spit. Do that a couple of times a day until you can get in to see your general practitioner. Make sure also that you are drinking a TON of fluids and eating live active culture yogurt once or twice a day.

Avoid acidic foods and keep your diet as simple as possible - no processed starches, sugars (even fruit for now) and get a wide variety of greens and complete proteins. For inflamation, I often use tumeric. I just add the spice itself to my shake, but you might look for it in capsule form for the time being so you don't aggravate your throat.

No offense to your doctor, but I think Prednisone is over prescribed and sort of lazy. If you are over taxed, over tired etc, your immune system is going to fail - Prednisone can actually tax your body more. I only accept it as a last resort. I'm learning to LOVE b-12 sublingual because it helps my very compromised immune system stay on the defensive.

I will pray you find relief fast.

a

>

> From: Festival City Concrete Ltd / & Carolyn Visser

> Subject: Re: Update on me

> To: exercisevideos

> Date: Friday, July 23, 2010, 2:10 AM

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

> Â

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

> hi jen -

>

> so sorry to hear that you are suffering :(

>

> i get thrush frequently from inhaling my asthma meds (a

>

> cortico-steroid which collects in the back of the throat and

>

> results in a yeast overgrowth there). i know the razor blade

>

> pain in swallowing, and especially eating, with thrush.

>

>

>

> the doctor has prescribed an anti-fungal for you to fight the

>

> infection (not an antibiotic as you said).

>

> unfortunately, i have found liquid nystatin to be useless and i

>

> will not take any med but diflucan/fluconazole (via a pill) for

>

> yeast overgrowth. one pill and *bam* yeast is eradicated from

>

> any area of the body. powerful stuff... but so is yeast.

>

>

>

> instead, i would try gargling with warm salt water, or listerine

>

> (which contains thymol which helps to kill yeast) or hydrogen

>

> peroxide.

>

> hydrogen peroxide will kill any infection in the mouth, no matter

>

> what it is.

>

> it bubbles like crazy and burns a bit, but if i gargle at night

>

> and leave it in my mouth when i go to sleep, the thrush is gone

>

> in the morning. be careful not to use peroxide too much or it

>

> can cause its own case of irritation.

>

>

>

> i also found taking cold live acidophilus capsules to not be

>

> helpful (after spending lots of money on it and taking it

>

> multiple times a day for many months). and, i think that one

>

> would have to eat a truck load of yogurt every day to get benefit

>

> from it in this regard. but, heck, yogurt certainly wont hurt

>

> you.

>

>

>

> my approach is to fight off the infection immediately in the

>

> mouth/throat and rely on my body to build and maintain its own

>

> supply of acidophils/bifidus/etc (the bacterias in the our guts

>

> that regulate yeast). but, yes, while you are taking

>

> prednisone, your body will not do this. so you will need to

>

> constantly fight off the mouth infection for the duration of

>

> treatment, and also for a period of time afterward until your

>

> body can do it for itself. so you will be required to gargle

>

> with whatever you choose multiple times a day.

>

>

>

> also be careful not to re-infect yourself via your toothbrush...

>

> you can store your toothbrush in peroxide or even in the

>

> nystatin, if you like. and buy a brand new one once your body

>

> has recovered from the prednisone usage. while you have thrush,

>

> brush your tongue and the insides of your cheeks. wash your

>

> hands alot and use disposable paper towels to dry your hands,

>

> wash your face, wipe your mouth, etc.

>

>

>

> please try not to worry yourself sick about the yeast going

>

> through your entire body (ie: 'systemic'). while this can

>

> happen, it does takes time and you probably wont be on prednisone

>

> long enough. if gargling with nystatin or some other remedy

>

> for a period of time does not help with the oral yeast infection,

>

> or if you also get a vaginal yeast infection, then ask the doctor

>

> for diflucan and see if there is something besides prednisone

>

> that you can take for your condition.

>

>

>

> a few last warnings... when you are successful in killing off

>

> excess yeast, you may get diarrhea as the dead yeast exits the

>

> body. this especially happens with diflucan because of its

>

> *bam* effect. also, while you have a yeast infection, you

>

> may feel driven to consume sugar. sugar feeds yeast, so be

>

> mindful of that and stay away from sugar as much as possible.

>

> you may also get a funny taste in your mouth and bad breath from

>

> the yeast.

>

>

>

> hang in there, you will be able to get rid of it, it will just

>

> take a little bit of time and consistency. i hope that you are

>

> feeling better very soon,

>

> :*carolyn.

>

Guest guest

I have Optic Neuritis in my right eye, which happens to be my good eye. I FREAKED OUT when my vision kept deteriorating until all I saw was black and white strips, no color, no objects, no people NOTHING! Steroids help to reduce the inflammation of my optic nerve. I had to have 3 consecutive days of IV steroid called Solu-Medrol, which took 3 and 1/2 hours to drip into me. Then, I started on the Prednisone taper. I can't stop it because I'm tapering off of the steroids. The steroids are working and my vision is slowly coming back. It has also reduced all of the tendonitis in my ankle. I know Prednisone can be dangerous and I feel like I'm living in hell but it's better than never getting my sight back or waiting months for it to

return. Strange though, I'm not hungry, actually I have no appetite at all and I'm exhausted instead of energic. JenSubject: Re: Update on meTo: exercisevideos Date: Friday, July 23, 2010, 9:22 PM

Jen do you have a Whole Foods or natural health store nearby? I would give liquid oil of oregano a shot. It is a strong anti-microbial and anti-fungal. It tastes wicked, wicked awful, sort of like taking a shot of italian food in a liquor form or something. (I have used it for thrush and to fight gingivitis etc.)

Yeast overgrowth is a major problem for people with fibromyalgia - but in a catch 22 - so is allergic reactions to medications including anti-biotics. I've had to do alot of research to find work arounds.

Oil of Oregano isn't snake oil and can't harm you - it may burn a bit though- it actually was used in conventional medicine until the early 1900s when it was replaced by more modern pharmaceutical products - but it is still reccommended quite a bit back door by DOs and the like. It is coming back into more mainstream use thanks to the like of Drs. Wiel, Oz etc...

I would put four drops of the purest oil of oregano under your tounge and hold it there for about ten minutes. Then take a few sips of water but don't swallow. Swish like mad and gargle then spit. Do that a couple of times a day until you can get in to see your general practitioner. Make sure also that you are drinking a TON of fluids and eating live active culture yogurt once or twice a day.

Avoid acidic foods and keep your diet as simple as possible - no processed starches, sugars (even fruit for now) and get a wide variety of greens and complete proteins. For inflamation, I often use tumeric. I just add the spice itself to my shake, but you might look for it in capsule form for the time being so you don't aggravate your throat.

No offense to your doctor, but I think Prednisone is over prescribed and sort of lazy. If you are over taxed, over tired etc, your immune system is going to fail - Prednisone can actually tax your body more. I only accept it as a last resort. I'm learning to LOVE b-12 sublingual because it helps my very compromised immune system stay on the defensive.

a

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

> Â

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

> hi jen -

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

> peroxide.

>

>

> what it is.

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

> you.

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

> the yeast.

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

Guest guest

a

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

> Â

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

> hi jen -

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

> peroxide.

>

>

> what it is.

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

> you.

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

> the yeast.

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

Guest guest

Predinose can tax your adrenal glands which will cause the exhuastion. Try to

take time for yourself and relax as much as possible while on the treatment.

a

>

> >

>

> > From: Festival City Concrete Ltd / & Carolyn Visser <cvisser@>

>

> > Subject: Re: Update on me

>

> > To: exercisevideos

>

> > Date: Friday, July 23, 2010, 2:10 AM

>

> >

>

> >

>

> >

>

> >

>

> >

>

> >

>

> >

>

> >  

>

> >

>

> >

>

> >

>

> >

>

> >

>

> >

>

> >

>

> >

>

> >

>

> > hi jen -

>

> >

>

> > so sorry to hear that you are suffering :(

>

> >

>

> > i get thrush frequently from inhaling my asthma meds (a

>

> >

>

> > cortico-steroid which collects in the back of the throat and

>

> >

>

> > results in a yeast overgrowth there). i know the razor blade

>

> >

>

> > pain in swallowing, and especially eating, with thrush.

>

> >

>

> >

>

> >

>

> > the doctor has prescribed an anti-fungal for you to fight the

>

> >

>

> > infection (not an antibiotic as you said).

>

> >

>

> > unfortunately, i have found liquid nystatin to be useless and i

>

> >

>

> > will not take any med but diflucan/fluconazole (via a pill) for

>

> >

>

> > yeast overgrowth. one pill and *bam* yeast is eradicated from

>

> >

>

> > any area of the body. powerful stuff... but so is yeast.

>

> >

>

> >

>

> >

>

> > instead, i would try gargling with warm salt water, or listerine

>

> >

>

> > (which contains thymol which helps to kill yeast) or hydrogen

>

> >

>

> > peroxide.

>

> >

>

> > hydrogen peroxide will kill any infection in the mouth, no matter

>

> >

>

> > what it is.

>

> >

>

> > it bubbles like crazy and burns a bit, but if i gargle at night

>

> >

>

> > and leave it in my mouth when i go to sleep, the thrush is gone

>

> >

>

> > in the morning. be careful not to use peroxide too much or it

>

> >

>

> > can cause its own case of irritation.

>

> >

>

> >

>

> >

>

> > i also found taking cold live acidophilus capsules to not be

>

> >

>

> > helpful (after spending lots of money on it and taking it

>

> >

>

> > multiple times a day for many months). and, i think that one

>

> >

>

> > would have to eat a truck load of yogurt every day to get benefit

>

> >

>

> > from it in this regard. but, heck, yogurt certainly wont hurt

>

> >

>

> > you.

>

> >

>

> >

>

> >

>

> > my approach is to fight off the infection immediately in the

>

> >

>

> > mouth/throat and rely on my body to build and maintain its own

>

> >

>

> > supply of acidophils/bifidus/etc (the bacterias in the our guts

>

> >

>

> > that regulate yeast). but, yes, while you are taking

>

> >

>

> > prednisone, your body will not do this. so you will need to

>

> >

>

> > constantly fight off the mouth infection for the duration of

>

> >

>

> > treatment, and also for a period of time afterward until your

>

> >

>

> > body can do it for itself. so you will be required to gargle

>

> >

>

> > with whatever you choose multiple times a day.

>

> >

>

> >

>

> >

>

> > also be careful not to re-infect yourself via your toothbrush...

>

> >

>

> > you can store your toothbrush in peroxide or even in the

>

> >

>

> > nystatin, if you like. and buy a brand new one once your body

>

> >

>

> > has recovered from the prednisone usage. while you have thrush,

>

> >

>

> > brush your tongue and the insides of your cheeks. wash your

>

> >

>

> > hands alot and use disposable paper towels to dry your hands,

>

> >

>

> > wash your face, wipe your mouth, etc.

>

> >

>

> >

>

> >

>

> > please try not to worry yourself sick about the yeast going

>

> >

>

> > through your entire body (ie: 'systemic'). while this can

>

> >

>

> > happen, it does takes time and you probably wont be on prednisone

>

> >

>

> > long enough. if gargling with nystatin or some other remedy

>

> >

>

> > for a period of time does not help with the oral yeast infection,

>

> >

>

> > or if you also get a vaginal yeast infection, then ask the doctor

>

> >

>

> > for diflucan and see if there is something besides prednisone

>

> >

>

> > that you can take for your condition.

>

> >

>

> >

>

> >

>

> > a few last warnings... when you are successful in killing off

>

> >

>

> > excess yeast, you may get diarrhea as the dead yeast exits the

>

> >

>

> > body. this especially happens with diflucan because of its

>

> >

>

> > *bam* effect. also, while you have a yeast infection, you

>

> >

>

> > may feel driven to consume sugar. sugar feeds yeast, so be

>

> >

>

> > mindful of that and stay away from sugar as much as possible.

>

> >

>

> > you may also get a funny taste in your mouth and bad breath from

>

> >

>

> > the yeast.

>

> >

>

> >

>

> >

>

> > hang in there, you will be able to get rid of it, it will just

>

> >

>

> > take a little bit of time and consistency. i hope that you are

>

> >

>

> > feeling better very soon,

>

> >

>

> > :*carolyn.

>

> >

>

Guest guest

a

>

> >

>

>

>

>

>

> >

>

> >

>

> >

>

> >

>

> >

>

> >

>

> >

>

> >  

>

> >

>

> >

>

> >

>

> >

>

> >

>

> >

>

> >

>

> >

>

> >

>

> > hi jen -

>

> >

>

>

> >

>

>

> >

>

>

> >

>

>

> >

>

>

> >

>

> >

>

> >

>

>

> >

>

>

> >

>

>

> >

>

>

> >

>

>

> >

>

>

> >

>

> >

>

> >

>

>

> >

>

>

> >

>

> > peroxide.

>

> >

>

>

> >

>

> > what it is.

>

> >

>

>

> >

>

>

> >

>

>

> >

>

>

> >

>

> >

>

> >

>

>

> >

>

>

> >

>

>

> >

>

>

> >

>

>

> >

>

> > you.

>

> >

>

> >

>

> >

>

>

> >

>

>

> >

>

>

> >

>

>

> >

>

>

> >

>

>

> >

>

>

> >

>

>

> >

>

>

> >

>

> >

>

> >

>

>

> >

>

>

> >

>

>

> >

>

>

> >

>

>

> >

>

>

> >

>

>

> >

>

> >

>

> >

>

>

> >

>

>

> >

>

>

> >

>

>

> >

>

>

> >

>

>

> >

>

>

> >

>

>

> >

>

> >

>

> >

>

>

> >

>

>

> >

>

>

> >

>

>

> >

>

>

> >

>

>

> >

>

>

> >

>

> > the yeast.

>

> >

>

> >

>

> >

>

>

> >

>

>

> >

>

>

> >

>

>

> >

>

Guest guest

a

>

> >

>

>

>

>

>

> >

>

> >

>

> >

>

> >

>

> >

>

> >

>

> >

>

> >  

>

> >

>

> >

>

> >

>

> >

>

> >

>

> >

>

> >

>

> >

>

> >

>

> > hi jen -

>

> >

>

>

> >

>

>

> >

>

>

> >

>

>

> >

>

>

> >

>

> >

>

> >

>

>

> >

>

>

> >

>

>

> >

>

>

> >

>

>

> >

>

>

> >

>

> >

>

> >

>

>

> >

>

>

> >

>

> > peroxide.

>

> >

>

>

> >

>

> > what it is.

>

> >

>

>

> >

>

>

> >

>

>

> >

>

>

> >

>

> >

>

> >

>

>

> >

>

>

> >

>

>

> >

>

>

> >

>

>

> >

>

> > you.

>

> >

>

> >

>

> >

>

>

> >

>

>

> >

>

>

> >

>

>

> >

>

>

> >

>

>

> >

>

>

> >

>

>

> >

>

>

> >

>

> >

>

> >

>

>

> >

>

>

> >

>

>

> >

>

>

> >

>

>

> >

>

>

> >

>

>

> >

>

> >

>

> >

>

>

> >

>

>

> >

>

>

> >

>

>

> >

>

>

> >

>

>

> >

>

>

> >

>

>

> >

>

> >

>

> >

>

>

> >

>

>

> >

>

>

> >

>

>

> >

>

>

> >

>

>

> >

>

>

> >

>

> > the yeast.

>

> >

>

> >

>

> >

>

>

> >

>

>

> >

>

>

> >

>

>

> >

>

Guest guest

Yea, I read about prednisone causing adrenal fatigue. I've been trying to take it easy. I don't feel like doing much of anything. I just don't know why when the dose is lower, I don't feel any better....oh well I guess my Endocrinologist and family Dr. will have to figure it out. I'm sure not worrying about work or exercising. JenSubject: Re: Update on meTo: exercisevideos Date: Sunday, July 25, 2010,

12:19 AM

Predinose can tax your adrenal glands which will cause the exhuastion. Try to take time for yourself and relax as much as possible while on the treatment.

a

>

> >

>

>

>

>

>

> >

>

> >

>

> >

>

> >

>

> >

>

> >

>

> >

>

> > ÂÂ

>

> >

>

> >

>

> >

>

> >

>

> >

>

> >

>

> >

>

> >

>

> >

>

> > hi jen -

>

> >

>

>

> >

>

>

> >

>

>

> >

>

>

> >

>

>

> >

>

> >

>

> >

>

>

> >

>

>

> >

>

>

> >

>

>

> >

>

>

> >

>

>

> >

>

> >

>

> >

>

>

> >

>

>

> >

>

> > peroxide.

>

> >

>

>

> >

>

> > what it is.

>

> >

>

>

> >

>

>

> >

>

>

> >

>

>

> >

>

> >

>

> >

>

>

> >

>

>

> >

>

>

> >

>

>

> >

>

>

> >

>

> > you.

>

> >

>

> >

>

> >

>

>

> >

>

>

> >

>

>

> >

>

>

> >

>

>

> >

>

>

> >

>

>

> >

>

>

> >

>

>

> >

>

> >

>

> >

>

>

> >

>

>

> >

>

>

> >

>

>

> >

>

>

> >

>

>

> >

>

>

> >

>

> >

>

> >

>

>

> >

>

>

> >

>

>

> >

>

>

> >

>

>

> >

>

>

> >

>

>

> >

>

>

> >

>

> >

>

> >

>

>

> >

>

>

> >

>

>

> >

>

>

> >

>

>

> >

>

>

> >

>

>

> >

>

> > the yeast.

>

> >

>

> >

>

> >

>

>

> >

>

>

> >

>

>

> >

>

>

> >

>

Guest guest

Yea, I read about prednisone causing adrenal fatigue. I've been trying to take it easy. I don't feel like doing much of anything. I just don't know why when the dose is lower, I don't feel any better....oh well I guess my Endocrinologist and family Dr. will have to figure it out. I'm sure not worrying about work or exercising. JenSubject: Re: Update on meTo: exercisevideos Date: Sunday, July 25, 2010,

12:19 AM

Predinose can tax your adrenal glands which will cause the exhuastion. Try to take time for yourself and relax as much as possible while on the treatment.

a

>

> >

>

>

>

>

>

> >

>

> >

>

> >

>

> >

>

> >

>

> >

>

> >

>

> > ÂÂ

>

> >

>

> >

>

> >

>

> >

>

> >

>

> >

>

> >

>

> >

>

> >

>

> > hi jen -

>

> >

>

>

> >

>

>

> >

>

>

> >

>

>

> >

>

>

> >

>

> >

>

> >

>

>

> >

>

>

> >

>

>

> >

>

>

> >

>

>

> >

>

>

> >

>

> >

>

> >

>

>

> >

>

>

> >

>

> > peroxide.

>

> >

>

>

> >

>

> > what it is.

>

> >

>

>

> >

>

>

> >

>

>

> >

>

>

> >

>

> >

>

> >

>

>

> >

>

>

> >

>

>

> >

>

>

> >

>

>

> >

>

> > you.

>

> >

>

> >

>

> >

>

>

> >

>

>

> >

>

>

> >

>

>

> >

>

>

> >

>

>

> >

>

>

> >

>

>

> >

>

>

> >

>

> >

>

> >

>

>

> >

>

>

> >

>

>

> >

>

>

> >

>

>

> >

>

>

> >

>

>

> >

>

> >

>

> >

>

>

> >

>

>

> >

>

>

> >

>

>

> >

>

>

> >

>

>

> >

>

>

> >

>

>

> >

>

> >

>

> >

>

>

> >

>

>

> >

>

>

> >

>

>

> >

>

>

> >

>

>

> >

>

>

> >

>

> > the yeast.

>

> >

>

> >

>

> >

>

>

> >

>

>

> >

>

>

> >

>

>

> >

>

Guest guest

Well here's an update to get a little action on this board. I've tried for the

last year to play drums in a band. Something I truly love and missed. and I've

actually played out with them on several gigs. We've been together just a little

over a year. I'm at a cross roads because I'm contemplating leaving the band.

When I signed up it was presented as practice 1X a week and then playing 2x a

month. I thought I could handle that, and I could. But in April we have 4

jobs. And this week we are practicing 2x. That doesn't include me practicing

at home up to an hour a day. If this is all I ever had to do, I could probably

make it. But I also want to be active with my family.

It's tough to play out from 9pm-1am when you are in pain. I usually get by on

adrenaline because I enjoy it. But sometimes exhaustion and pain win over. I

don't take pain medicine when I play because it makes me groggy. Also the night

usually starts at 7pm and you get home at 2am. On top of that I need to rest all

day the day of so I have stamina for the night. I think I bit off more than I

can chew.

I hate to leave because I like the guys and the music. They are all family

guys, no drink or drug problems, good guys. This is a band I have dreamed of.

But I set out to do it for fun and relaxation. It is on the verge of becoming

stress. When your in the condition we are, why add more stress, especially at

50. I've now been in chronic pain for 11 years, and on 24 x 7 narcotics for 10.

I'm not getting younger or feeling better.

So I'm praying about it hard for the last 36 hours. I don't want to be sorry,

but I also need to be realistic. They have been great, they all know my

condition and they carry my gear which is heavy. I don't have to lift a finger.

But they can't play it for me, and Drummer is the most physically active member

of the band. I've been wanting to learn bass or keyboard. Maybe its not too

late. Keep me in your prayers please in that I may make the right decision for

everyone. I don't want to hold these guys back. It just sucks. I don't want to

end up like Pete Best, who was the drummer for the Beatles, right before they

made it big and Ringo took over. Thanks for listening.

Dave

Guest guest

Dave,

If music is your art like it is mine-- don't give it up!

I could not go on without my music and my writing.

Ann

A poet is, after all, to see

neck pain

Sent: Thu, February 24, 2011 12:46:50 AM

Subject: Update on me

Well here's an update to get a little action on this board.  I've tried for the

last year to play drums in a band.  Something I truly love and missed. and I've

actually played out with them on several gigs. We've been together just a little

over a year. I'm at a cross roads because I'm contemplating leaving the band. 

When I signed up it was presented as practice 1X a week and then playing 2x a

month.  I thought I could handle that, and I could.  But in April we have 4

jobs.  And this week we are practicing 2x.  That doesn't include me practicing

at home up to an hour a day.  If this is all I ever had to do, I could probably

make it.  But I also want to be active with my family.

adrenaline because I enjoy it.  But sometimes exhaustion and pain win over.  I

usually starts at 7pm and you get home at 2am. On top of that I need to rest all

day the day of so I have stamina for the night.  I think I bit off more than I

can chew.

I hate to leave because I like the guys and the music.  They are all family

But I set out to do it for fun and relaxation.  It is on the verge of becoming

stress.  When your in the condition we are, why add more stress, especially at

50.  I've now been in chronic pain for 11 years, and on 24 x 7 narcotics for

10.  I'm not getting younger or feeling better.

So I'm praying about it hard for the last 36 hours.  I don't want to be sorry,

but I also need to be realistic.  They have been great, they all know my

of the band.  I've been wanting to learn bass or keyboard.  Maybe its not too

late.  Keep me in your prayers please in that I may make the right decision for

everyone.  I don't want to hold these guys back. It just sucks.  I don't want to

made it big and Ringo took over.  Thanks for listening.

Dave

------------------------------------

Guest guest

Dave,

What about asking to play just part time.  Maybe the next drummer will be in

the same situation as you and wants to only do it part time.  It wouldn't hurt

to ask.

Debbie

neck pain

Date: Wednesday, February 23, 2011, 11:46 PM

Well here's an update to get a little action on this board. I've tried

for the last year to play drums in a band. Something I truly love and missed.

and I've actually played out with them on several gigs. We've been together just

a little over a year. I'm at a cross roads because I'm contemplating leaving the

band. When I signed up it was presented as practice 1X a week and then playing

2x a month. I thought I could handle that, and I could. But in April we have 4

can chew.

Dave

Guest guest

Dave,

What about asking to play just part time.  Maybe the next drummer will be in

the same situation as you and wants to only do it part time.  It wouldn't hurt

to ask.

Debbie

neck pain

Date: Wednesday, February 23, 2011, 11:46 PM

Well here's an update to get a little action on this board. I've tried

for the last year to play drums in a band. Something I truly love and missed.

and I've actually played out with them on several gigs. We've been together just

a little over a year. I'm at a cross roads because I'm contemplating leaving the

band. When I signed up it was presented as practice 1X a week and then playing

2x a month. I thought I could handle that, and I could. But in April we have 4

can chew.

Dave