RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

I Did It!

Rate this topic

Guest guest

YAY! Congrats for getting through it!!!On Thu, Aug 6, 2009 at 6:23 PM, trishdb00 <wilbty1@...> wrote:

sorry about my absence there i have been recollecting myself the last few days. grasping life i guess. made some discoveries about me that i didn't see before and now i think i can move past some of those hurdles. life is good.

i have some how managed to gain weight instead of losing, bad, but i'm still working on that so i haven't given up yet. i almost have a weeks worth of workout dvd's there are arriving slowly but surely. still waiting my my new HRM so excited for that to get here. i did finally figure out how to use the dvd burner i bought like 3 or 4 years ago and have been copying some workout from fit tv, i'm not selling them so it's legal i checked.

ok ok i'll quit rambling and tell u the I DID IT part, at beginning of summer i bought this ___'s Boot Camp All Star workout dvd and i can't get throught the whole hour workout it's too hard to many repatitions too much i have to alter alter alter and still i can't finish the whole hour. THAT IS TILL last night. i did the whole workout only altering the push up cuz i have weak and puny arms and cannot do a push up to save my life, but i did it.

i know i know to u pro's that don't sound like much but to me that is soooo much. k that's all i want to say.

Trish

------------------------------------

Guest guest

trishdb00 wrote:

> ok ok i'll quit rambling and tell u the I DID IT part, at

> beginning of summer i bought this ___'s Boot Camp All

> Star workout dvd and i can't get throught the whole hour

> workout it's too hard to many repatitions too much i have to

> alter alter alter and still i can't finish the whole hour.

> THAT IS TILL last night.

yay!!! thats awesome trish, what a good feeling! you rock!

:*carolyn.

Guest guest

trishdb00 wrote:

Guest guest

trishdb00 wrote:

Guest guest

Trish! That is fantastic news!!! I am really happy for you!! You are doing great!!

Guest guest

Trish, Sometimes the beauty of those hour long kick butt make you drop workouts,

is they are a great way for your to gauge your progress. There are a number I

have to modify and I've been doing this for years. Some moves I will always

alter, because everyone's body and tastes are different. Other moves I try a

week or a month later and I'm delighted to find I can hold a position longer,

get a little lower, do another rep.

They say that people who focus on improving their fitness loose more weight than

those focused on improving their weight. When I am able to get in that mindset,

I do have more fun and better results.

a

>

> sorry about my absence there i have been recollecting myself the last few

days. grasping life i guess. made some discoveries about me that i didn't see

before and now i think i can move past some of those hurdles. life is good.

>

> i have some how managed to gain weight instead of losing, bad, but i'm still

working on that so i haven't given up yet. i almost have a weeks worth of

workout dvd's there are arriving slowly but surely. still waiting my my new HRM

so excited for that to get here. i did finally figure out how to use the dvd

burner i bought like 3 or 4 years ago and have been copying some workout from

fit tv, i'm not selling them so it's legal i checked.

>

> ok ok i'll quit rambling and tell u the I DID IT part, at beginning of summer

i bought this ___'s Boot Camp All Star workout dvd and i can't get

throught the whole hour workout it's too hard to many repatitions too much i

have to alter alter alter and still i can't finish the whole hour. THAT IS TILL

last night. i did the whole workout only altering the push up cuz i have weak

and puny arms and cannot do a push up to save my life, but i did it.

>

> i know i know to u pro's that don't sound like much but to me that is soooo

much. k that's all i want to say.

>

> Trish

>

Guest guest

Trish, Sometimes the beauty of those hour long kick butt make you drop workouts,

is they are a great way for your to gauge your progress. There are a number I

have to modify and I've been doing this for years. Some moves I will always

alter, because everyone's body and tastes are different. Other moves I try a

week or a month later and I'm delighted to find I can hold a position longer,

get a little lower, do another rep.

They say that people who focus on improving their fitness loose more weight than

those focused on improving their weight. When I am able to get in that mindset,

I do have more fun and better results.

a

>

> sorry about my absence there i have been recollecting myself the last few

days. grasping life i guess. made some discoveries about me that i didn't see

before and now i think i can move past some of those hurdles. life is good.

>

> i have some how managed to gain weight instead of losing, bad, but i'm still

working on that so i haven't given up yet. i almost have a weeks worth of

workout dvd's there are arriving slowly but surely. still waiting my my new HRM

so excited for that to get here. i did finally figure out how to use the dvd

burner i bought like 3 or 4 years ago and have been copying some workout from

fit tv, i'm not selling them so it's legal i checked.

>

> ok ok i'll quit rambling and tell u the I DID IT part, at beginning of summer

i bought this ___'s Boot Camp All Star workout dvd and i can't get

throught the whole hour workout it's too hard to many repatitions too much i

have to alter alter alter and still i can't finish the whole hour. THAT IS TILL

last night. i did the whole workout only altering the push up cuz i have weak

and puny arms and cannot do a push up to save my life, but i did it.

>

> i know i know to u pro's that don't sound like much but to me that is soooo

much. k that's all i want to say.

>

> Trish

>

Guest guest

I think that just doing a workout ANY workout is a big accomplishment when you haven't been working out regularly. Whether it's 10 minutes or over an hour!Never give up on YOU, JenFrom: trishdb00 <wilbty1@...>Subject: I DID IT! Date: Thursday, August 6, 2009, 9:23 PM

sorry about my absence there i have been recollecting myself the last few days. grasping life i guess. made some discoveries about me that i didn't see before and now i think i can move past some of those hurdles. life is good.

i have some how managed to gain weight instead of losing, bad, but i'm still working on that so i haven't given up yet. i almost have a weeks worth of workout dvd's there are arriving slowly but surely. still waiting my my new HRM so excited for that to get here. i did finally figure out how to use the dvd burner i bought like 3 or 4 years ago and have been copying some workout from fit tv, i'm not selling them so it's legal i checked.

ok ok i'll quit rambling and tell u the I DID IT part, at beginning of summer i bought this ___'s Boot Camp All Star workout dvd and i can't get throught the whole hour workout it's too hard to many repatitions too much i have to alter alter alter and still i can't finish the whole hour. THAT IS TILL last night. i did the whole workout only altering the push up cuz i have weak and puny arms and cannot do a push up to save my life, but i did it.

i know i know to u pro's that don't sound like much but to me that is soooo much. k that's all i want to say.

Trish

Guest guest

I think that just doing a workout ANY workout is a big accomplishment when you haven't been working out regularly. Whether it's 10 minutes or over an hour!Never give up on YOU, JenFrom: trishdb00 <wilbty1@...>Subject: I DID IT! Date: Thursday, August 6, 2009, 9:23 PM

Trish

Guest guest

i work out every morning when petey ( my shorkie puppy) decides he need to go out, i get at least 30 mins in 3or 4 times a week an hour but i have to alter like everything bc i am not strong enough to do it yet. but i have never been able to do boot camp alhe way through and without altering. i love cardio but billy is like the energizer bunny and he just keeps going and oing and my arms and legs are like stop. but ur right any workout is an accomplishment, i don't give up that easy! Trisha

From: from Michigan <volleyjen0416@...> Sent: Saturday, August 8, 2009 11:31:43 PMSubject: Re: I DID IT!

I think that just doing a workout ANY workout is a big accomplishment when you haven't been working out regularly. Whether it's 10 minutes or over an hour!Never give up on YOU, Jen

From: trishdb00 <wilbty1 (DOT) com>Subject: I DID IT!Date: Thursday, August 6, 2009, 9:23 PM

sorry about my absence there i have been recollecting myself the last few days. grasping life i guess. made some discoveries about me that i didn't see before and now i think i can move past some of those hurdles. life is good.i have some how managed to gain weight instead of losing, bad, but i'm still working on that so i haven't given up yet. i almost have a weeks worth of workout dvd's there are arriving slowly but surely. still waiting my my new HRM so excited for that to get here. i did finally figure out how to use the dvd burner i bought like 3 or 4 years ago and have been copying some workout from fit tv, i'm not selling them so it's legal i checked. ok ok i'll quit rambling and tell u the I DID IT part, at beginning of summer i bought this ___'s Boot Camp All Star workout dvd and i can't get throught the whole hour workout it's too hard to many repatitions too much i have to alter alter alter and still i can't finish the

whole hour. THAT IS TILL last night. i did the whole workout only altering the push up cuz i have weak and puny arms and cannot do a push up to save my life, but i did it. i know i know to u pro's that don't sound like much but to me that is soooo much. k that's all i want to say. Trish

Guest guest

i work out every morning when petey ( my shorkie puppy) decides he need to go out, i get at least 30 mins in 3or 4 times a week an hour but i have to alter like everything bc i am not strong enough to do it yet. but i have never been able to do boot camp alhe way through and without altering. i love cardio but billy is like the energizer bunny and he just keeps going and oing and my arms and legs are like stop. but ur right any workout is an accomplishment, i don't give up that easy! Trisha

From: from Michigan <volleyjen0416@...> Sent: Saturday, August 8, 2009 11:31:43 PMSubject: Re: I DID IT!

I think that just doing a workout ANY workout is a big accomplishment when you haven't been working out regularly. Whether it's 10 minutes or over an hour!Never give up on YOU, Jen

From: trishdb00 <wilbty1 (DOT) com>Subject: I DID IT!Date: Thursday, August 6, 2009, 9:23 PM

sorry about my absence there i have been recollecting myself the last few days. grasping life i guess. made some discoveries about me that i didn't see before and now i think i can move past some of those hurdles. life is good.i have some how managed to gain weight instead of losing, bad, but i'm still working on that so i haven't given up yet. i almost have a weeks worth of workout dvd's there are arriving slowly but surely. still waiting my my new HRM so excited for that to get here. i did finally figure out how to use the dvd burner i bought like 3 or 4 years ago and have been copying some workout from fit tv, i'm not selling them so it's legal i checked. ok ok i'll quit rambling and tell u the I DID IT part, at beginning of summer i bought this ___'s Boot Camp All Star workout dvd and i can't get throught the whole hour workout it's too hard to many repatitions too much i have to alter alter alter and still i can't finish the

whole hour. THAT IS TILL last night. i did the whole workout only altering the push up cuz i have weak and puny arms and cannot do a push up to save my life, but i did it. i know i know to u pro's that don't sound like much but to me that is soooo much. k that's all i want to say. Trish

Guest guest

Guest guest

Great!Glad that you have your life back. KateSent from my iPhoneOn Aug 27, 2009, at 11:44 AM, " S. Sogg" <RSSSCOLIOSIS@...> wrote:

I did an activity last night that I had not done since my 1996 Spinal Fusion Surgeries,.Israeli Folk Dancing!

Prior to my surgeries I danced three nights a week, and often attended dance workshops and dance camps. It was many of the movements done in folk dancing (all types of folk dancing have the same basic steps and movements; but, they are often called different names), the length of my fusion (T9 to S1), and pain issues that kept me from dancing; but, I missed it dearly! Most of the dances that they did were new to me; but, I was able to follow fairly well, and there were only a few steps the my back prevented me from doing. I felt a great deal of excitement, anxiety, and stress prior to attending.

Next week is their monthly "oldies night", so I am looking forward to that as most of those dances I probably know. Only time will tell as to how well I do with them!

At the end of the evening (about two and a half hours), it was my feet that hurt more than my back! I was also extremely tired!

Are there any activities that others had done prior to their surgeries that they longed to do again? Have they attempted to do the activity, how long after their surgeries did they attempt to do it, and what was the outcome?

S.

Guest guest

Swimming is great and on especially painfull days just floating in the pool with

some noodles I get a better snooze that sleeping in a bed. Yoga has also been

great but the first couple of weeks were really TOUGH and EEMBARASSING. It has

kept me off the pain pills though.

>

> I did an activity last night that I had not done since my 1996 Spinal Fusion

Surgeries,.Israeli Folk Dancing!

>

> Prior to my surgeries I danced three nights a week, and often attended dance

workshops and dance camps. It was many of the movements done in folk dancing

(all types of folk dancing have the same basic steps and movements; but, they

are often called different names), the length of my fusion (T9 to S1), and pain

issues that kept me from dancing; but, I missed it dearly! Most of the dances

that they did were new to me; but, I was able to follow fairly well, and there

were only a few steps the my back prevented me from doing. I felt a great deal

of excitement, anxiety, and stress prior to attending.

>

> Next week is their monthly " oldies night " , so I am looking forward to that as

most of those dances I probably know. Only time will tell as to how well I do

with them!

>

> At the end of the evening (about two and a half hours), it was my feet that

hurt more than my back! I was also extremely tired!

>

> Are there any activities that others had done prior to their surgeries that

they longed to do again? Have they attempted to do the activity, how long after

their surgeries did they attempt to do it, and what was the outcome?

>

>

S.

>

>

>

Guest guest

I did an activity last night that I had not done since my 1996 Spinal Fusion Surgeries,.Israeli Folk Dancing!

Prior to my surgeries I danced three nights a week, and often attended dance workshops and dance camps. It was many of the movements done in folk dancing (all types of folk dancing have the same basic steps and movements; but, they are often called different names), the length of my fusion (T9 to S1), and pain issues that kept me from dancing; but, I missed it dearly! Most of the dances that they did were new to me; but, I was able to follow fairly well, and there were only a few steps the my back prevented me from doing. I felt a great deal of excitement, anxiety, and stress prior to attending.

Next week is their monthly "oldies night", so I am looking forward to that as most of those dances I probably know. Only time will tell as to how well I do with them!

At the end of the evening (about two and a half hours), it was my feet that hurt more than my back! I was also extremely tired!

Are there any activities that others had done prior to their surgeries that they longed to do again? Have they attempted to do the activity, how long after their surgeries did they attempt to do it, and what was the outcome?

S.

Guest guest

Yeah !One of the many reasons I did this surgery this year was so I could dance at my son's Bar Mitzvah in 2 and 1/2 years. Keep up the good work!-Dyann AtlantaFrom: S. Sogg <RSSSCOLIOSIS@...>Subject: [ ] I Did It! , , Date: Thursday, August 27, 2009, 11:44 AM

Prior to my surgeries I danced three nights a week, and often attended dance workshops and dance camps. It was many of the movements done in folk dancing (all types of folk dancing have the same basic steps and movements; but, they are often called different names), the length of my fusion (T9 to S1), and pain issues that kept me from dancing; but, I missed it dearly! Most of the dances that they did were new to me; but, I was able to follow fairly well, and there were only a few steps the my back prevented me from doing. I felt a great deal of excitement, anxiety, and stress prior to attending. 

S.

Guest guest

that is very encouraging for me to hear for I have not yet been revised.

I'm in the process of picking my doctor and after seeing Dr. Rand in November I

will make my decision. My mind is so much on the now of the pain and decisions

to make that I forget to look at the big picture. Thank you for the hope!!

>

>

>

> Next week is their monthly " oldies night " , so I am looking forward to that as

with them!

>

>

>

>

S.

>

Guest guest

Can I ask if you had rods and pins put in or where you just regularly " fused " ? 

Thanks, M.

Subject: Re: I Did It!

Scoliosis Treatment

Date: Thursday, August 27, 2009, 9:54 PM

Swimming is great and on especially painfull days just floating in the pool with

>

>

>

with them!

>

>

>

> S.

>

>

>

Guest guest

I have Acromed Instrumentation which is a generic version of TSRH System

Instramentation (if it was me you were asking).

S.

********************************************************************************\

In a message dated 08/28/09 20:07:30 Eastern Daylight Time, n.mizenko@...

writes:

Can I ask if you had rods and pins put in or where you just regularly " fused "

? Thanks, M.

Scoliosis Treatment

>

>

>

with them!

>

>

>

> S.

>

>

>

Guest guest

So you had the pins and needles put in you.  I'm to have titanium put into me -

is this the same procedure you had done?  If so, did it help?  Thanks,

M.

Scoliosis Treatment

>

>

>

with them!

>

>

>

> S.

>

>

>

Guest guest

Not pins and needles. Rods, hooks, and screws. I do not know of any spinal

fusion instrumentation consisting of pins and needles. The " newer " rods are

titanium (which I believe were first used in the late 1990's or early 2000's).

The rods that I have are stainless steel (my surgeries were in 1996). The rods

are now bent to keep the normal kyphosis and lordosis of the spine. Those with

the old Harrington rods have a hook at the top, and one at the bottom. The

Harrington Rod was not bent; therefore, the spine often lost the normal kyphosis

and lordosis. That is why many who have Harrington Rods develop " Flatback

Syndrome " .

S.

********************************************************************************\

In a message dated 08/29/09 07:58:38 Eastern Daylight Time, n.mizenko@...

writes:

So you had the pins and needles put in you. I'm to have titanium put into me -

is this the same procedure you had done? If so, did it help? Thanks,

M.

Scoliosis Treatment

>

>

>

with them!

>

>

>

> S.

>

>

>

Guest guest

This is wonderful news, . I remember watching Israeli folk dancing years

ago and wishing I could learn, although I never did (even though my back was

fine back then, after just one fusion and 18 months in body casts). I probably

just thought the dances looked too difficult for me to master. I had very little

self-confidence in my twenties. Later on, I had to give up many other physical

activities I loved in the course of undergoing seven more fusions and revisions.

Last week one of my aquatics instructors talked some of us into attending a

" Zumba " class. This is described in the fitness center's schedule of classes as

" a dance/fitness program inspired by Latin and international rhythms. " The day I

went, we also learned to do a little castanet-playing from the visiting artistic

director of a Spanish dance ensemble. I found myself actually dancing for the

first time in decades. What a joy!

Best,

>

>

>

with them!

>

>

>

>

S.

>

Guest guest

It really is a joy! Last night was "oldies night" (dances from years ago). I had forgotten a lot of the dances; but, many came back slowly. What I find most difficult with the fusion are fast turns and squats. Many of the "old" dances made me feel like I was back in the 1970's, 1980's, and 1990's. I was beginning to have memories of those days (including a 1977 trip to Israel)!!

S.

In a message dated 09/03/09 08:58:32 Eastern Daylight Time, elizabethrgonzalez@... writes:

This is wonderful news, . I remember watching Israeli folk dancing years ago and wishing I could learn, although I never did (even though my back was fine back then, after just one fusion and 18 months in body casts). I probably just thought the dances looked too difficult for me to master. I had very little self-confidence in my twenties. Later on, I had to give up many other physical activities I loved in the course of undergoing seven more fusions and revisions.Last week one of my aquatics instructors talked some of us into attending a "Zumba" class. This is described in the fitness center's schedule of classes as "a dance/fitness program inspired by Latin and international rhythms." The day I went, we also learned to do a little castanet-playing from the visiting artistic director of a Spanish dance ensemble. I found myself actually dancing for the first time in decades. What a joy! Best,>> I did an activity last night that I had not done since my 1996 Spinal Fusion Surgeries,.Israeli Folk Dancing! > > Prior to my surgeries I danced three nights a week, and often attended dance workshops and dance camps. It was many of the movements done in folk dancing (all types of folk dancing have the same basic steps and movements; but, they are often called different names), the length of my fusion (T9 to S1), and pain issues that kept me from dancing; but, I missed it dearly! Most of the dances that they did were new to me; but, I was able to follow fairly well, and there were only a few steps the my back prevented me from doing. I felt a great deal of excitement, anxiety, and stress prior to attending. > > Next week is their monthly "oldies night", s

o I am looking forward to that as most of those dances I probably know. Only time will tell as to how well I do with them!> > At the end of the evening (about two and a half hours), it was my feet that hurt more than my back! I was also extremely tired!> > Are there any activities that others had done prior to their surgeries that they longed to do again? Have they attempted to do the activity, how long after their surgeries did they attempt to do it, and what was the outcome?> > S.>

Guest guest

Scoliosis Treatment

>

>

>

with them!

>

>

>

> S.

>

>

>