RemedySpot.com

Depression

Rate this topic

Guest guest

BettyI rarely ever watch the news and haven't done so for many many years. Always said that if something really major happens in the world then I would always get that news from someone.In fact, I was sitting in my home office a number of years back and it was on the second floor of the building. All of a sudden, my assistant and I feel the whoosh of an earthquake.. She says to me with big eyes, what do you think that was and I automatically said "an earthquake" but not very close. Turns out, the epicentre was actually a tad east of Seattle and Bill Gates was just giving a speech so it was caught on tape, what was going on in that conference room much closer than I was. Or another one, while

I'm getting dressed and fixing myself for the day in the bedroom, I'm watching A & E where everything is pre-programmed. My mechanic comes to my front door (he was taking my car to fix it) and says - so did you see what happened this morning. Nope says I. That's when he told me about the Trade Centres. He had to tell me three times before I suspected he was serious and actually turned on CNN.I gotta share what my son posted to me last night on MSN "it's

better to expect better from people and be disappointed, than to expect

nothing of people and have those expectations met" I said "no" right

now the disappointment hurts too much..... I swear that I've spent a lifetime expecting better from people and this is a lesson on treatment this time, to swing over to the way you said "so we can't expect anything and won't be disappointed.Oh, I'm just in a funk and I'm sure that it will pass as soon as I stop obessing about it.Gloria

Gloria, I also thought the picture was pretty in some weird way. But not so pretty when you know its in you. It looks like some creature under the sea Its kinda like putting a face to the disease, I too shared it with some co=workers. Only the Docs appreciated itAlso back on the depresion, it helps if you dont watch the news. At least here anyway. They never have any GOOD news. I think there should be a GOOD NEWS venue . I once heard that "Disappointment" is the gap between our expectations and what we actually receive. So we cant expect anything and we will never be disappointed? ? Have a Blessed day. Make yourself Happy, treat yourself to some simple pleasures today. Soak in a hot bath?? You sound like a strong person. BETTY

From: Gloria <gadamscan (DOT) ca> Sent: Thursday, September 17, 2009 12:58:39 AMSubject: [ ] Depression

The timing of the piece about depression and treatment was perfect, Scarlet !!!! Today, for whatever reason is one of my really really low days!!!Don, I hope you noticed the part about pre-existing use of anti-d's. They are not bad for you, they are alright because you likely will need them if you go on treatment and this way, your body is already used to them. If you suddenly went into a dive on treatment then it would take 10 days to 2 weeks for the anti-d's to kick in and help.I don't know why I feel so blue today but probably because I can't seem to stop having expectations of others and especially family. Stupidly, some days I wish I looked as bad as I feel, so that perhaps people would actually become aware of how hard this disease is on us. Night before last, I sent a scanned copy of that picture of the Hep C Virus to the family and some friends. Do you

know, only one friend has even responded to the e-mail. The one's that haven't responded at all include my own family except my mother and that was because I talk to her on MSN, also includes my step-children of twenty years or their spouses etc. etc.What I don't get is - ya I know I'm feeling sorry for myself today (even if I don't know why) but it gets me so angry that these people have no desire to learn anything about this disease or it's affects on us and then my greatest desire is to try to get public awareness about this issue. Yet, how can we do that, especially in this society, where most are only interested in themselves and not one toe more!!!I'm actually also looking for words of wisdom, compassion and understanding as well. I know that I'm not the only one who has been or is now on treatment, that hasn't felt this depression.Thanks for listening (or reading) -

Gloria

Looking for the perfect gift? Give the gift of Flickr!

I admit I do watch CNN and FOX news on my internet. [i wont pay for cable TV]

While I am watching this recorded stuff, I can actually feel my blood pressure and depression and anxiety levels rising.

Not good for my HCV, Im sure.

I do have to admit also that I like watching Glenn Beck. He is so entertaining. lol

From: Gloria <gadamscan@...>Subject: Re: [ ] Depression Date: Thursday, September 17, 2009, 4:17 PM

BettyI rarely ever watch the news and haven't done so for many many years. Always said that if something really major happens in the world then I would always get that news from someone.In fact, I was sitting in my home office a number of years back and it was on the second floor of the building. All of a sudden, my assistant and I feel the whoosh of an earthquake.. She says to me with big eyes, what do you think that was and I automatically said "an earthquake" but not very close. Turns out, the epicentre was actually a tad east of Seattle and Bill Gates was just giving a speech so it was caught on tape, what was going on in that conference room much closer than I was. Or another one, while I'm getting dressed and fixing myself for the day in the bedroom, I'm watching A & E where everything is pre-programmed. My mechanic comes

to my front door (he was taking my car to fix it) and says - so did you see what happened this morning. Nope says I. That's when he told me about the Trade Centres. He had to tell me three times before I suspected he was serious and actually turned on CNN.I gotta share what my son posted to me last night on MSN "it's better to expect better from people and be disappointed, than to expect nothing of people and have those expectations met" I said "no" right now the disappointment hurts too much..... I swear that I've spent a lifetime expecting better from people and this is a lesson on treatment this time,

to swing over to the way you said "so we can't expect anything and won't be disappointed.Oh, I'm just in a funk and I'm sure that it will pass as soon as I stop obessing about it.Gloria

Gloria, I also thought the picture was pretty in some weird way. But not so pretty when you know its in you. It looks like some creature under the sea Its kinda like putting a face to the disease, I too shared it with some co=workers. Only the Docs appreciated itAlso back on the depresion, it helps if you dont watch the news. At least here anyway. They never have any GOOD news. I think there should be a GOOD NEWS venue . I once heard that "Disappointment" is the gap between our expectations and what we actually receive. So we cant expect anything and we will never be disappointed? ? Have a Blessed day. Make yourself Happy, treat yourself to some simple pleasures today. Soak in a hot bath?? You sound like a strong person. BETTY

From: Gloria <gadamscan (DOT) ca> Sent: Thursday, September 17, 2009 12:58:39 AMSubject: [ ] Depression

The timing of the piece about depression and treatment was perfect, Scarlet !!!! Today, for whatever reason is one of my really really low days!!!Don, I hope you noticed the part about pre-existing use of anti-d's. They are not bad for you, they are alright because you likely will need them if you go on treatment and this way, your body is already used to them. If you suddenly went into a dive on treatment then it would take 10 days to 2 weeks for the anti-d's to kick in and help.I don't know why I feel so blue today but probably because I can't seem to stop having expectations of others and especially family. Stupidly, some days I wish I looked as bad as I feel, so that perhaps people would actually become aware of how hard this disease is on us. Night before last, I sent a scanned copy of that picture of the Hep C Virus to the family and some friends. Do you

know, only one friend has even responded to the e-mail. The one's that haven't responded at all include my own family except my mother and that was because I talk to her on MSN, also includes my step-children of twenty years or their spouses etc. etc.What I don't get is - ya I know I'm feeling sorry for myself today (even if I don't know why) but it gets me so angry that these people have no desire to learn anything about this disease or it's affects on us and then my greatest desire is to try to get public awareness about this issue. Yet, how can we do that, especially in this society, where most are only interested in themselves and not one toe more!!!I'm actually also looking for words of wisdom, compassion and understanding as well. I know that I'm not the only one who has been or is now on treatment, that hasn't felt this depression.Thanks for listening (or reading) -

Gloria

Ask a question on any topic and get answers from real people. Go to Answers.

I don't have time for Depression but I do really miss my kids and no fathers day card no birthday card and they don't answer when I call or leave a message. I bought my son a brand new Chevy Cobalt and my daughter a 1007 Chevy mini van. I wouldn't send them a $10 bill for any thing. I have lots to do to keep busy and it keeps my mind off depression. I'm building a wrap around porch, fencing my 43 acres and need to build a pole barn and I have a cave to work on also. I live back in the woods last house on the left but at the end of the road theirs Norris Lake. I'm going to start back fishing in the spring.Charley

From: Gloria <gadamscan (DOT) ca>Subject: Re: [ ] Depression Date: Thursday, September 17, 2009, 4:17 PM

BettyI rarely ever watch the news and haven't done so for many many years. Always said that if something really major happens in the world then I would always get that news from someone.In fact, I was sitting in my home office a number of years back and it was on the second floor of the building. All of a sudden, my assistant and I feel the whoosh of an earthquake.. She says to me with big eyes, what do you think that was and I automatically said "an earthquake" but not very close. Turns out, the epicentre was actually a tad east of Seattle and Bill Gates was just giving a speech so it was caught on tape, what was going on in that conference room much closer than I was. Or another one, while I'm getting dressed and fixing myself for the day in the bedroom, I'm watching A & E where everything is pre-programmed. My mechanic comes

to my front door (he was taking my car to fix it) and says - so did you see what happened this morning. Nope says I. That's when he told me about the Trade Centres. He had to tell me three times before I suspected he was serious and actually turned on CNN.I gotta share what my son posted to me last night on MSN "it's better to expect better from people and be disappointed, than to expect nothing of people and have those expectations met" I said "no" right now the disappointment hurts too much..... I swear that I've spent a lifetime expecting better from people and this is a lesson on treatment

this time,

to swing over to the way you said "so we can't expect anything and won't be disappointed.Oh, I'm just in a funk and I'm sure that it will pass as soon as I stop obessing about it.Gloria

The timing of the piece about depression and treatment was perfect, Scarlet !!!! Today, for whatever reason is one of my really really low days!!!Don, I hope you noticed the part about pre-existing use of anti-d's. They are not bad for you, they are alright because you likely will need them if you go on treatment and this way, your body is already used to them. If you suddenly went into a dive on treatment then it would take 10 days to 2 weeks for the anti-d's to kick in and help.I don't know why I feel so blue today but probably because I can't seem to stop having expectations of others and especially family. Stupidly, some days I wish I looked as bad as I feel, so that perhaps people would actually become aware of how hard this disease is on us. Night before last, I sent a scanned copy of that picture of the Hep C Virus to the family and some friends. Do

you

Gloria

Don, Your absolutly right, I guess i tend to sometimes not see whats right in front of my face. I never ever meant to imply this was not GOOD NEWS, i have learned so much from your links. Also just hearing others stories helps me accept this thing is bigger than me. I respect all of your positivity. Anything i may have said to Gloria in my heart is meant for all of us. I found during my own exp. during treatment that watching the news (In this State), was usually bad news. Treatment time has no room for anything depressing, as everything I saw or heard affected me daily. Im trying to stick w/comedy lately. If anyone here hasn't seen Hangover its a good laugh. We all need laughter. Hey what do you think about , now that DR Oz has his own show all of us e-mailing him to ask

him as a Dr to address our disease on his show for awareness to others??? WWW.DROZ.COM

om: Christ <ludichrist2000@...> Sent: Thursday, September 17, 2009 3:15:01 PMSubject: Re: [ ] Depression

Hi Betty

Our group has its occasional GOOD news.

Its not all BAD NEWS on this station.

A lot of Scarlets articles are HOPEFUL news.

You just posted support for Gloria, and thats good news.

Im here everyday, and thats good news. lol [just funnin]

love

don in ks

From: Betty Himes <stayhungryforlife>Subject: Re: [ ] Depression Date: Thursday, September 17, 2009, 5:39 AM

Gloria

I agree.

Keeping busy is a two fold tool for depression.

1 - keeps you from 'thinking' about your feelings. [PROTECTIVE AVOIDANCE]

2 - when your done with a project, you can feel proud that you have done a neat thing. [sELF ESTEEM]

I use this method everyday rather than use headmeds [for the most part].

There can be other positive benefits too.

Fresh air, exercise, sunshine, problem solving, helping others, creating, etc, depending on your abilitys and resources.

From: Gloria <gadamscan (DOT) ca>Subject: Re: [ ] Depression Date: Thursday, September 17, 2009, 4:17 PM

to my front door (he was taking my car to fix it) and says - so did you see what happened this morning. Nope says I. That's when he told me about the Trade Centres. He had to tell me three times before I suspected he was serious and actually turned on CNN.I gotta share what my son posted to me last night on MSN "it's better to expect better from people and be disappointed, than to expect nothing of people and have those expectations met" I said "no" right now the disappointment hurts too much..... I swear that I've spent a lifetime expecting better from people and this is a lesson on treatment this time,

Gloria

Hi Betty

Forgetting to count our blessing is human nature, and normal.

Our woes seem so overwhelming.

We all need support, encouragement, and reassurance from time to time.

Dont worry about the GOOD NEWS stuff. lol

No biggie. I was reassuring you and everyone, and doing a little bit of funnin too.

I have contacted Dr Oz with the link you supplied and requested that he inc HCV in his show.

Thank you for the link.

love

don in ks

From: Betty Himes <stayhungryforlife>Subject: Re: [ ] Depression Date: Thursday, September 17, 2009, 5:39 AM

Gloria

Don,

when you say you are there everyday, i see you meen that. Man you are fast too. LOL. Thanks for all of your efforts in helping us. We all need to overwheln the droz website!! I just got done posting a request also. Betty

From: Christ <ludichrist2000@...> Sent: Thursday, September 17, 2009 6:42:06 PMSubject: Re: [ ] Depression

Hi Betty

No biggie. I was reassuring you and everyone, and doing a little bit of funnin too.

I have contacted Dr Oz with the link you supplied and requested that he inc HCV in his show.

Thank you for the link.

love

don in ks

Gloria

____________ _________ _________ _________ _________ __

oops sorry i did not change the subject line. You are even teaching me more about the computers inportance and use. lol

From: Christ <ludichrist2000@...> Sent: Thursday, September 17, 2009 6:42:06 PMSubject: Re: [ ] Depression

Hi Betty

Thank you for the link.

love

don in ks

Gloria

Hi Betty and everyone

I have another group just for fun and socializing.

There the SUBJECT LINE doesnt matter.

Here in the Warriors group it does.

It is one of the resources for our research into HCV topic info.

The message search works with a keyword, and will show every post on a topic.

If the subject line doesnt reflect the keyword, those posts that may contain valuable info might be missed.

There is no way to go into the messages and change the subject line of a post.

Thus if you post info on LDN [for example], but the subject line is depression, that info is hidden from the keyword 'LDN'.

love

don in ks

Gloria

You obviously live in a little bit of heaven and are very self-reliant!! You are very lucky that you can still do that kind of hard work too. That's is one of the reasons I never had depression before all of this. I felt truly, that I'd been rescued from that shipwreck when I got sober so I spent years and years whirling around at high speed. I was quite active in my community, had built my business up to quite a bit of stress and it seemed that the only vehicle I should ever have owned was a mini-van or the Explorer SUV I have now. Not because of kids, but because of the paperwork I was constantly carrying. By the way - a lot of this, I was virtually alone because my husband worked in a logging camp every 2 weeks out of 3.That's all that I miss the

most with this health issue!! So very little of that, can I do anymore... However, I already grieved that loss and usually feel fortunate that I can still do something as normal as drive down the centre of this island, cross over on a ferry and navigate Vancouver and come back on the same day!!Gloria

I don't have time for Depression but I do really miss my kids and no fathers day card no birthday card and they don't answer when I call or leave a message. I bought my son a brand new Chevy Cobalt and my daughter a 1007 Chevy mini van. I wouldn't send them a $10 bill for any thing. I have lots to do to keep busy and it keeps my mind off depression. I'm building a wrap around porch, fencing my 43 acres and need to build a pole barn and I have a cave to work on also. I live back in the woods last house on the left but at the end of the road theirs Norris Lake. I'm going to start back fishing in the spring.Charley

to my front door (he was taking my car to fix it) and says - so did you see what happened this morning. Nope says I. That's when he told me about the Trade Centres. He had to tell me three times before I suspected he was serious and actually turned on CNN.I gotta share what my son posted to me last night on MSN "it's better to expect better from people and be disappointed, than to expect nothing of people and have those expectations met" I said "no" right now the disappointment hurts too much..... I swear that I've spent a lifetime expecting better from people and this is a lesson on treatment

this time,

The timing of the piece about depression and treatment was perfect, Scarlet !!!! Today, for whatever reason is one of my really really low days!!!Don, I hope you noticed the part about pre-existing use of anti-d's. They are not bad for you, they are alright because you likely will need them if you go on treatment and this way, your body is already used to them. If you suddenly went into a dive on treatment then it would take 10 days to 2 weeks for the anti-d's to kick in and help.I don't know why I feel so blue today but probably because I can't seem to stop having expectations of others and especially family. Stupidly, some days I wish I looked as bad as I feel, so that perhaps people would actually become aware of how hard this disease is on us. Night before last, I sent a scanned copy of that picture of the Hep C Virus to the family and some friends. Do

you

Gloria

Canada Toolbar : Search from anywhere on the web and bookmark your favourite sites. Download it now!

I sent them a note and yet I've not even seen the show yet.By the way, Betty, I don't think Don meant to say you had said anything wrong at all. Just his way of saying, this outlet can be a better source of Good News than anything on TV.I have to really think on that part where you said - about, treatment and how it everything you saw or heard affected you. That's the way I'm feeling right now and yet this isn't my first time around the block with treatment. I'm feeling very thin skinned, particularly sensitive to how some people almost get a look of fear in their eyes when I walk in a room, because they know they should say something; but, opt to avoid looking at me so they don't have to.Gloria

Don, Your absolutly right, I guess i tend to sometimes not see whats right in front of my face. I never ever meant to imply this was not GOOD NEWS, i have learned so much from your links. Also just hearing others stories helps me accept this thing is bigger than me. I respect all of your positivity. Anything i may have said to Gloria in my heart is meant for all of us. I found during my own exp. during treatment that watching the news (In this State), was usually bad news. Treatment time has no room for anything depressing, as everything I saw or heard affected me daily. Im trying to stick w/comedy lately. If anyone here hasn't seen Hangover its a good laugh. We all need laughter. Hey what do you think about , now that DR Oz has his own show all of us e-mailing him to ask

him as a Dr to address our disease on his show for awareness to others??? WWW.DROZ.COM

om: Christ <ludichrist2000> Sent: Thursday, September 17, 2009 3:15:01 PMSubject: Re: [ ] Depression

Hi Betty

Our group has its occasional GOOD news.

Its not all BAD NEWS on this station.

A lot of Scarlets articles are HOPEFUL news.

You just posted support for Gloria, and thats good news.

Im here everyday, and thats good news. lol [just funnin]

love

don in ks

From: Betty Himes <stayhungryforlife>Subject: Re: [ ] Depression @ groups.. comDate: Thursday, September 17, 2009, 5:39 AM

you

Gloria

I retired from GM with 35 years and never did like working for them but got stuck in a safety zone with the benefits but the penshion is nice. I plan to grow a good size garden in the spring and raise goats. I don't use a/c and if it gets too hot I can clill in the cave. I bought a demolition hammer to work on the cave but some rock I broke are too big of pieces but I have a big steel pry bar that I can move them with. My house is small but theirs just me and my dog and he lives in the basement and has his own pet door thats jst his size and too small for a person to get in.. I've had hep c for over 42 years but I don't drink and I quit smoking pot and if it hadn't been for pot I would have been a drinker. I guess pot saved my life. I quit sugar, red meat, salt, no t/v dinners or caned food and

just changed from spring water to distilled water. I called severial places today let my fingers do the walking and found a place near here that has ph strips and I think my body ph is close to alkaline. Charley

this time,

you

Gloria

Canada Toolbar : Search from anywhere on the web and bookmark your favourite sites. Download it now!

Hi Gloria

Respectfully, are you being a little thin skinned?

While reading your post these thoughts formed in my mind.

Do you remember back to the time before you began TX the first time?

You had just been diagnosed with HCV, and you felt scared and helpless because you couldnt relate.

Your head was filled with questions and fear of the unknown.

These people who avoid your eyes, or you, feel somewhat like this.

They love you, and are very concerned about your wellbeing.....but they know nothing or little about the HCV experiance.

How are they supposed relate or understand how you feel physically and mentally?

They have no experiance, and little knowledge.

They are afraid to speak, maybe feeling stupid, or maybe that they might say the wrong things.

Its easier to avoid your eyes, or you personally.

Its the fear of the unknown, not the lack of concern or love.

Also, respectfully, I have seen sick people be aggressive or abusive, because they were sick, and not thinking clearly.

They would 'never' be this way if they felt ok.

You do it, I do it, many do it.

Its natural, but it does put people off, or drive them away.

Maybe this plays a part in peoples avoidance that you speak of or feel.

These things came into my mind because I was trying to think about 'why' people avoid other people who are sick.

Let me once again assure you.

YOU ARE LOVED.

PEOPLE DO CARE ABOUT YOU.

Of this I have no doubt.

love

don in ks

From: Betty Himes <stayhungryforlife>Subject: Re: [ ] Depression @ groups.. comDate: Thursday, September 17, 2009, 5:39 AM

Gloria

You just quit smoking pot and here I am thinking of looking into some legal stuff. Since I can't stand the smell of the BC bud, my son suggests that I get it in pill form or as a additive to my food. I can certainly see where there would be lots of benefits. It would probably mean that I could do away with both the sleeping pills and the anti-d's, so I'm going to look into it for sure.Gloria

I retired from GM with 35 years and never did like working for them but got stuck in a safety zone with the benefits but the penshion is nice. I plan to grow a good size garden in the spring and raise goats. I don't use a/c and if it gets too hot I can clill in the cave. I bought a demolition hammer to work on the cave but some rock I broke are too big of pieces but I have a big steel pry bar that I can move them with. My house is small but theirs just me and my dog and he lives in the basement and has his own pet door thats jst his size and too small for a person to get in.. I've had

hep c for over 42 years but I don't drink and I quit smoking pot and if it hadn't been for pot I would have been a drinker. I guess pot saved my life. I quit sugar, red meat, salt, no t/v dinners or caned food and

just changed from spring water to distilled water. I called severial places today let my fingers do the walking and found a place near here that has ph strips and I think my body ph is close to alkaline. Charley

this time,

you

Gloria

Looking for the perfect gift? Give the gift of Flickr!

You bet that I am being a little thin skinned!!! I know that for sure... My wonderful Mother, went online even before my first experience with treatment and armed herself with loads of information about this disease. She was already 74 then and yet was there for me through it all. I'm talking about people that are supposed to be family to me and they don't even take an interest in looking up on one lousy website to see what they can learn.I once sent a piece that had been written about my Gastro to my daughter-in-law and all she e-mailed back was, that's great - I'll post that down at the shelter (where she works) because so many that use it, also have Hep C. Not once has she ever personally asked "me" about my health in the 5+ years that I've been going

through this.Don't worry, Don - my husband doesn't understand my feelings either. He just says, you can't do anything about it, so stop thinking about it.LOL then you mention the possibility of aggression!! Well, picture if you will - my sister-in-law (that I used to be close to until after my last treatment), who's about 3/4 of the way through her clinical and me, who was about 1/2 way through mine - raging at each other on the phone. Our personalities are so much the same that it's sickening, however, she's screaming at me about her judgement on my character defects. I asked her at that point if she was looking at the 3 fingers pointing back at her as she was pointing at me. She just went into a further rage at me. Then finally, I asked her if she thought she might suffer from any riba rage and that she snorted at and started into a tirade about how I should treat her brother better than I

do. With that, I just hung up the phone!! She has always refused to be informed about this disease even though it's damned near killed her and will still insist that AIDS/HIV is so much worse because literally no one gets out of that alive. I've tried to point out the errors in her thinking and even have said, that most AIDS/HIV infected people, also have Hep C and that in the end, it's the Hep C that kills them now!!Anyway, this is probably enough of the topic on depression - it's very depressing!! LOLGloria

Hi Gloria

Respectfully, are you being a little thin skinned?

While reading your post these thoughts formed in my mind.

Do you remember back to the time before you began TX the first time?

You had just been diagnosed with HCV, and you felt scared and helpless because you couldnt relate.

Your head was filled with questions and fear of the unknown.

These people who avoid your eyes, or you, feel somewhat like this.

They love you, and are very concerned about your wellbeing... ..but they know nothing or little about the HCV experiance.

How are they supposed relate or understand how you feel physically and mentally?

They have no experiance, and little knowledge.

They are afraid to speak, maybe feeling stupid, or maybe that they might say the wrong things.

Its easier to avoid your eyes, or you personally.

Its the fear of the unknown, not the lack of concern or love.

Also, respectfully, I have seen sick people be aggressive or abusive, because they were sick, and not thinking clearly.

They would 'never' be this way if they felt ok.

You do it, I do it, many do it.

Its natural, but it does put people off, or drive them away.

Maybe this plays a part in peoples avoidance that you speak of or feel.

These things came into my mind because I was trying to think about 'why' people avoid other people who are sick.

Let me once again assure you.

YOU ARE LOVED.

PEOPLE DO CARE ABOUT YOU.

Of this I have no doubt.

love

don in ks

From: Betty Himes <stayhungryforlife>Subject: Re: [ ] Depression @ groups. . comDate: Thursday, September 17, 2009, 5:39 AM

you

Gloria

• 5 weeks later...

Dave, it is well known that decreased sun light, & the winter season

itself can cause SAD which is a seasonal affective depression, which in our

case

is worsened by our chronic pain. Going on a vacation, & doing fun things

boosts our spirits, but when we get back to our routines, the depression

intensifies. I live in New England, so I live in a cold climate too. Yes, I

feel my best in the spring, & summer. Yet, I do suffer from chronic

depression, which is intensified by all the recent personal losses in my life,

in

addition to my chronic pain. I am really fortunate that I am as functional

as I am, & I attribute that to taking anti depressants. Counseling in the

past as helped me use better coping techniques, such as using imagery,

realizing that I have a choice in what direction my life goes in, & I can deal

with my feelings, by writing down my feelings in a journal when I feel

sad,angry, or hurt. The best thing that gave me a sense of well being is

walking, bicycling, or doing inline skating, which I can't do much of anymore.

June

New England.. WOW, the fall colors must be great there..

I know the snow can be suffocating but it can also be stunningly

beautiful...

I hope to be up your way in the not too distant future... I have great

memories of a summer spent in Vermont (Lake Willouby, St sberry (sp)) and

a fall in Stowe...

Tom

In a message dated 10/17/2009 10:59:51 P.M. Mountain Daylight Time,

birdcrazy624@... writes:

itself can cause SAD which is a seasonal affective depression, which in

our case

intensifies. I live in New England, so I live in a cold climate too. Yes,

I

depression, which is intensified by all the recent personal losses in my

life, in

realizing that I have a choice in what direction my life goes in, & I can

deal

walking, bicycling, or doing inline skating, which I can't do much of

anymore.

June

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

beautiful...

memories of a summer spent in Vermont (Lake Willouby, St sberry (sp)) and

a fall in Stowe...

Tom

birdcrazy624@... writes:

our case

I

life, in

deal

anymore.

June

Tom, I live in Mass., & the foilage is beautiful here. The foilage in NH,

& Vermont is breath taking in early October. When I was a child we would

take trips to NH, to see the foilage, I love the change of seasons, &

beauty of nature. Yes, we do have some blizzards, & major snow storms during

the winters, & it gets quite frigid here. June

In a message dated 10/19/2009 9:49:07 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,

tomhfsu@... writes:

beautiful...

memories of a summer spent in Vermont (Lake Willouby, St sberry (sp))

and

a fall in Stowe...

Tom

_birdcrazy624@birdcra_ (mailto:birdcrazy624@...) writes:

our case

I

life, in

deal

anymore.

June

tomhfsu@... writes:

beautiful...

and

a fall in Stowe...

Tom

our case

I

life, in

deal

anymore.

June

tomhfsu@... writes:

beautiful...

and

a fall in Stowe...

Tom

our case

I

life, in

deal

anymore.

June

tomhfsu@... writes:

beautiful...

and

a fall in Stowe...

Tom

our case

I

life, in

deal

anymore.

June

• 7 months later...
Guest guest

It's great that you are recognizing and taking her depression seriously.

Depression is supposed to be common for kids with chronic illness. My family

has a long history of depressives, without the chronic illness factor, so it's

something I'm bracing for in the future. Good luck with the apt on Friday. If

you don't like the dr, or your daughter doesn't seem to, try another! A dr that

your daughter relates too can help enormously. We'll be thinking of you both.

Kirsten

>

> Hello all. I have been away for a bit. I have a very serious problem. My

teen is suffering from depression. The girl has Everything and is generally

happy! Can this be from the JRA? The Meds? I didn't see it on the MTX

label... She also takes Prednisone when needed, folic acid and advil. We have

reached serious levels and are going to a doctor on Friday. Should this be

perhaps a focus on her treatment? It must be so hard to live with such ongoing

pain! I can only imagine. I do know how much it hurts to be her mom tho. It

breaks my heart. Like she doesn't have enough to deal with.

>

Guest guest

Thank you.  THis is a very difficult time.  Just when I thought it was hard

enough!  To see your daughter physically harming herself from despair is just

too much to bare!

Sent: Wed, June 2, 2010 9:03:09 PM

Subject: Re: depression

It's great that you are recognizing and taking her depression seriously.

Depression is supposed to be common for kids with chronic illness. My family has

a long history of depressives, without the chronic illness factor, so it's

something I'm bracing for in the future. Good luck with the apt on Friday. If

you don't like the dr, or your daughter doesn't seem to, try another! A dr that

your daughter relates too can help enormously. We'll be thinking of you both.

Kirsten

>

> Hello all. I have been away for a bit. I have a very serious problem. My teen

is suffering from depression. The girl has Everything and is generally happy!

Can this be from the JRA? The Meds? I didn't see it on the MTX label... She also

takes Prednisone when needed, folic acid and advil. We have reached serious

levels and are going to a doctor on Friday. Should this be perhaps a focus on

her treatment? It must be so hard to live with such ongoing pain! I can only

imagine. I do know how much it hurts to be her mom tho. It breaks my heart. Like

she doesn't have enough to deal with.

>

Guest guest

Hi.

My daughter is 16 and has psoriatic arthritis and has gone through a

terrible bout of depression recently. I would check on the prednisone being

a factor as we saw that she was MUCH worse when she was taking it. Our Dr.

is referring us to a pain management specialist who will treat the aspects

of chronic pain and also deal with the emotional part of having to live with

this disease every day. You might ask about that for your daughter. Good

luck and lets keep each other posted on what helps. My worst days are when

she says, " I can't take this any more. "

(Clare, 16 psoriatic)