Depression

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

I'd suggest calling the ACLU. I know that some folks don't think much

of them, but there are laws in place to protect us now. I'm not a

lawyer, but getting fired because of a hearing disability should be

illegal. Your former employer could and should be in a heap of

trouble. So, call the American Civil Liberties Union.

Matt

annadilynn wrote:

>

>

> I am having a bit of a tuff time as of lately. I have been in customer

> service all my life...after this last operation, well I just cant hear

> that much, so they fired me...I could not give the quality of service

> they desired anymore, and customer and co-workers comments...etc.

> so now what do i do..i cant get a job..i dont know how to do anything

> else..and no one wants to hire a deaf person, I cant use the phone

> ...are finances are now screwed...i just feel like crying all the

> time....i feel sick from the antibiotic i am on constantly...i am

> sorry, dont mean to be a downer but my family dont understand...i have

> no one to talk to.

>

>

--

Guest guest

that's against the Hippa laws, I would see a lawyer. I work in customer service, I have since 1984. My last c-toma operation was in 1979, my reconstruction was in 1983. Over the past 10 years my hearing has declined to a point that I did have a hearing aide until the Ex Wife hide it on me. This has not affected my job to a point of being fired, I've worked for my currect employer for 17 years.......

Tom Hansen

From: Jan <clarkdq@...>cholesteatoma Sent: Friday, May 22, 2009 6:36:08 AMSubject: Re: depression

I am sorry to hear about your situation. And the reality is you are going through a rough time of life. But, you will make it through this. Please, do as the others have said and begin to investigate your options. Sometimes it take a lot of effort to start making phone calls to see what help is out there. And it might take a lot of effort, but by beginning to look at possibilities you will find something else to do. I've been there before and if I concentrate on the fear of what might happen I became paralyzed. Instead, I had to determine (make the choice) to begin to fight and keep moving forward.You could check with the state agencies. Look in the phone book for some help lines that can refer you to other places that can help. Sometimes one call leads to another, and another, etc. Keep going until you find help. Hang in there. Move forward step by step, minute by

minute. You can get through this.

I am having a bit of a tuff time as of lately. I have been in customer service all my life...after this last operation, well I just cant hear that much, so they fired me...I could not give the quality of service they desired anymore, and customer and co-workers comments...etc.so now what do i do..i cant get a job..i dont know how to do anything else..and no one wants to hire a deaf person, I cant use the phone ...are finances are now screwed...i just feel like crying all the time....i feel sick from the antibiotic i am on constantly.. .i am sorry, dont mean to be a downer but my family dont understand.. .i have no one to talk to.

Guest guest

I would call DARS, the Department of Rehabilitive Services. They are the ones

paying for my surgeries. I had ear surgery to get the cholesteatoma out, and

brain surgery because the cholesteatome was so advanced. I'm almost completely

deaf. And I can't get anymore hearing back. So my ENT doctor is getting me a

Baha, a bone conducting hearing aid. It's an implant that will help me hear

through my skull instead of my ears. I have the headband of it until my surgery

in July. It is wonderful, but DARS helps those out who want to get a job, or

will get a job. They can get you a job doing what you've always done. I really

think you should contact your local DARS office. Good luck.

--- In cholesteatoma , "

Guest guest

It's not the HIPPA laws - those deal with privacy of medical

information. The specific law that I'm thinking of is the Americans

with Disabilities Act (ADA).

Tom Hansen wrote:

>

>

> that's against the Hippa laws, I would see a lawyer. I work in

> customer service, I have since 1984. My last c-toma operation was in

> 1979, my reconstruction was in 1983. Over the past 10 years my

> hearing has declined to a point that I did have a hearing aide until

> the Ex Wife hide it on me. This has not affected my job to a point of

> being fired, I've worked for my currect employer for 17 years.......

>

> Tom Hansen

>

> ------------------------------------------------------------------------

> *From:* Jan <clarkdq@...>

> *To:* cholesteatoma

> *Sent:* Friday, May 22, 2009 6:36:08 AM

> *Subject:* Re: depression

>

> I am sorry to hear about your situation. And the reality is you are

> going through a rough time of life. But, you will make it through

> this. Please, do as the others have said and begin to investigate

> your options. Sometimes it take a lot of effort to start making phone

> calls to see what help is out there. And it might take a lot of

> effort, but by beginning to look at possibilities you will find

> something else to do. I've been there before and if I concentrate on

> the fear of what might happen I became paralyzed. Instead, I had to

> determine (make the choice) to begin to fight and keep moving forward.

>

> You could check with the state agencies. Look in the phone book for

> some help lines that can refer you to other places that can help.

> Sometimes one call leads to another, and another, etc. Keep going

> until you find help.

>

> Hang in there. Move forward step by step, minute by minute. You can

> get through this.

>

>>

>> I am having a bit of a tuff time as of lately. I have been in

>> customer service all my life...after this last operation, well I just

>> cant hear that much, so they fired me...I could not give the quality

>> of service they desired anymore, and customer and co-workers

>> comments...etc.

>> so now what do i do..i cant get a job..i dont know how to do anything

>> else..and no one wants to hire a deaf person, I cant use the phone

>> ...are finances are now screwed...i just feel like crying all the

>> time....i feel sick from the antibiotic i am on constantly..

>>

>> .i am sorry, dont mean to be a downer but my family dont understand..

>> .i have no one to talk to.

>>

>

>

>

--

Guest guest

" annadilynn, " if you would send me your contact information off list

(name, address and phone number), I will write a letter to your

congressman/woman and your senators. I've had a really annoying couple

of days at work and I'm about to take some vacation. I would love to

write a letter on your behalf to your U.S. representatives. I would

only share your contact information with them. My contact information

is below (at the bottom of this message).

Sincerely,

Matt Marsteller

annadilynn wrote:

>

>

> I am having a bit of a tuff time as of lately. I have been in customer

> service all my life...after this last operation, well I just cant hear

> that much, so they fired me...I could not give the quality of service

> they desired anymore, and customer and co-workers comments...etc.

> so now what do i do..i cant get a job..i dont know how to do anything

> else..and no one wants to hire a deaf person, I cant use the phone

> ...are finances are now screwed...i just feel like crying all the

> time....i feel sick from the antibiotic i am on constantly...i am

> sorry, dont mean to be a downer but my family dont understand...i have

> no one to talk to.

>

>

--

Guest guest

Hearing loss is a disability and the ADA requires your employer provide reasonable accommodation (as long as you've notified them of your disability). Firing you for a disability is against the law. Sanford

cholesteatoma From: pingmn123@...Date: Fri, 22 May 2009 05:47:18 -0700Subject: Re: depression

that's against the Hippa laws, I would see a lawyer. I work in customer service, I have since 1984. My last c-toma operation was in 1979, my reconstruction was in 1983. Over the past 10 years my hearing has declined to a point that I did have a hearing aide until the Ex Wife hide it on me. This has not affected my job to a point of being fired, I've worked for my currect employer for 17 years.......

Tom Hansen

From: Jan <clarkdqroadrunner>cholesteatoma Sent: Friday, May 22, 2009 6:36:08 AMSubject: Re: depression

I am sorry to hear about your situation. And the reality is you are going through a rough time of life. But, you will make it through this. Please, do as the others have said and begin to investigate your options. Sometimes it take a lot of effort to start making phone calls to see what help is out there. And it might take a lot of effort, but by beginning to look at possibilities you will find something else to do. I've been there before and if I concentrate on the fear of what might happen I became paralyzed. Instead, I had to determine (make the choice) to begin to fight and keep moving forward.You could check with the state agencies. Look in the phone book for some help lines that can refer you to other places that can help. Sometimes one call leads to another, and another, etc. Keep going until you find help. Hang in there. Move forward step by step, minute by minute. You can get through this.

I am having a bit of a tuff time as of lately. I have been in customer service all my life...after this last operation, well I just cant hear that much, so they fired me...I could not give the quality of service they desired anymore, and customer and co-workers comments...etc.so now what do i do..i cant get a job..i dont know how to do anything else..and no one wants to hire a deaf person, I cant use the phone ...are finances are now screwed...i just feel like crying all the time....i feel sick from the antibiotic i am on constantly.. .i am sorry, dont mean to be a downer but my family dont understand.. .i have no one to talk to.

Guest guest

I agree that a lot of customer service is live- online now. (Like instant messaging.) This may be an opportunity to have employer paid writing courses at a local college to make sure your writing skills are as good as the verbal communication skills you used in your previous postion.

From: B. Sanford <nancy_e_brown@...>cholesteatoma Sent: Friday, May 22, 2009 9:52:04 AMSubject: RE: depression

Hearing loss is a disability and the ADA requires your employer provide reasonable accommodation (as long as you've notified them of your disability). Firing you for a disability is against the law. Sanford

cholesteatomaFrom: pingmn123 (DOT) comDate: Fri, 22 May 2009 05:47:18 -0700Subject: Re: depression

Tom Hansen

From: Jan <clarkdqroadrunner (DOT) com>cholesteatomaSent: Friday, May 22, 2009 6:36:08 AMSubject: Re: depression

I am sorry to hear about your situation. And the reality is you are going through a rough time of life. But, you will make it through this. Please, do as the others have said and begin to investigate your options. Sometimes it take a lot of effort to start making phone calls to see what help is out there. And it might take a lot of effort, but by beginning to look at possibilities you will find something else to do. I've been there before and if I concentrate on the fear of what might happen I became paralyzed. Instead, I had to determine (make the choice) to begin to fight and keep moving forward.You could check with the state agencies. Look in the phone book for some help lines that can refer you to other places that can help. Sometimes one call leads to another, and another, etc. Keep going until you find help. Hang in there. Move forward step by step, minute by

minute. You can get through this.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest guest

Hi All,

There's been a lot on this site about pain throwing people into

depression, which leads to overeating, to more depression, to more

spiraling downward.

This item about depression from WebMd makes some very helpful

suggestions about reversing the spiral.

http://www.webmd.com/depression/recognizing-depression-symptoms/natural-treatmen\

ts?ecd=wnl_wmh_061509

On Jun 15, 2009, at 7:30 PM, Babbitt wrote:

sounds like a good idea! So glad you are getting relief ffrom it. It

will take time to adjust to the Ultram and the sleepiness should ease

up. remember it also takes a good three days taking it to get a good

level of pain relief.

spinal problems

Sent: Monday, June 15, 2009 4:17:10 PM

Subject: Ultram ER

I'm on this about 6 days now. It actually seems to be working!. What

is the secret to taking this? I take it every morning (200mg) and I

fight sleep and fatigue for the first two hours and then it seems to

be OK. Is anyone else having this difficulty? My wife oberved that I

would be better off taking it at night. Anyone done this? Thanks and

God Bless.

• 1 month later...
Guest guest

Asian Woman I really love seeing your posts. This is a bit off topic here but was wondering why your posts are spelled with lOweR and UpPeR cased letter? Just very curious.

D

From: AsianWoman <i_asianwoman@...>Subject: DePresSionHeartBodyMindSoulNSpirit Date: Tuesday, July 28, 2009, 1:07 AM

Hi All,

Below are some articles, that i found out about DePresSion:-

http://www.medicine net.com/script/ main/art. asp?articlekey= 100827

http://www.medicine net.com/depressi on/article. htm

http://www.medicine net.com/depressi on_overview_ pictures_ slideshow/ article.htm

Hope it helps, and i will post more about DePresSion, in the future,

AsianWoman

Understanding Depression

Major depressive disorder (depression) is not just a temporary mood, and it's not a sign of personal weakness.

Depression is a serious medical condition with a variety of symptoms.

Emotional symptoms can include sadness, loss of interest in things you once enjoyed, feelings of guilt or worthlessness, restlessness, and trouble concentrating or making decisions.

Physical symptoms can include fatigue, lack of energy, and changes in weight or sleep patterns.

Additional symptoms of depression may include vague aches and pains, irritability, anxiety, and thoughts of death or suicide.

There are many theories about the cause of depression.

One common theory is that depression is caused by an imbalance of naturally occurring substances in the brain and spinal cord.

Where Does Depression Hurt?

Someone with depression might think or say any of the following:

"I feel sad all the time and just don't feel like myself."

"I don't enjoy being with my friends or doing any of the things I usually love to do."

"I've been having a lot of trouble sleeping lately."

"Sometimes I feel like my life is not worth living anymore."

"I feel like I don't have any energy."

"I'm not really interested in eating."

"Even after a long day, I still feel restless."

"I feel so indecisive and that I can't make any decisions."

"I just feel so worthless."

Research suggests that about two-thirds of people diagnosed with depression talk to their family doctors first about physical symptoms.

Seek Help

Many people suffer in silence with depression.

Some are ashamed or afraid to seek help; others try to downplay the severity of their symptoms.

It's important to remember that depression isn't something that's "all in your head."

Take Suicidal Thoughts Seriously

Thoughts about death or suicide are common in depression, and it's important to take such thoughts seriously.

If you feel like giving up or as if you might hurt yourself, get help immediately:

Call your doctor

Go to the emergency room

Call 911

Call the National Suicide Prevention Helpline: 1-800-SUICIDE (1-800-784-2433)

Family History May Be Important

People with a family history of depression may be more likely to get the disease, but anyone can become depressed.

Sometimes the triggers are external — for example, relationship troubles or financial problems.

At other times the disease may begin with physical illness or hormonal shifts.

Depression also may occur without any identifiable trigger at all.

Who Does Depression Hurt?

Depression is common, affecting about 121 million people worldwide.

It is a condition that impacts individuals of all races, ethnicities and income levels.

Unfortunately, many people with depression avoid seeking treatment because they worry about what others will think of them.

They don't realize how widespread this medical condition is:

Depression is among the leading causes of disability worldwide

Women are nearly twice as likely as men to experience depression

People with a family history of depression may be more likely to develop the disease

People with chronic or debilitating medical conditions may also be susceptible to the disease

A major life change, even a happy one like becoming a new parent, increases the risk of developing depression

The fact is depression affects plenty of people who don't have any obvious risk factors.

Symptoms of Depression

Some of the most recognized symptoms of depression include a profound feeling of sadness or loss of interest.

You may be surprised to learn that people with depression often experience a broad range of other symptoms.

In general, if you've been experiencing some combination of the following emotional, physical, or associated symptoms of depression for more than two weeks, and they clearly interfere with your life, discuss your concerns with your doctor.

Sadness throughout the day, nearly every day

Loss of interest in or enjoyment of your favorite activities

Feelings of worthlessness

Excessive or inappropriate feelings of guilt

Thoughts of death or suicide

Trouble making decisions

Fatigue or lack of energy

Sleeping too much or too little

Change in appetite or weight

Trouble concentrating

Feelings of restlessness or being slowed down

Don't let this list of symptoms scare you.

Treatments and therapies are available to help with the symptoms of depression.

• 3 weeks later...

Yes , I think we all have (or have had) that. For me those periods of

depression are often related to my periods - PMS.

I have got used to just surrendering to it when it comes, and it is less often

these days. Fortunately I can just rest and read/watch TV if I need to because I

am not working at the moment (on employment and support allowance).

Take it easy and don't try to do too much. You can sort things out when you feel

a bit better.

CJ

>

> does anyone have periods of depression and hollowness?

Hi

T3 lifted my depression overnight. I used to be really low until after 10am in

the days of T4 treatment only. Perhaps if you could check your FreeT3 status.

I did recently have a very low period on the new armour after they changed the

formulation, bloods confirmed things had gone bad.

I am chipper again with sufficient T3

F

> does anyone have periods of depression and hollowness?

>

> im finding it quite difficult to function with it at the moment.

> .x

>

Hello

Unfortunately, untreated hypothyroidism gives us the symptoms of

depression, our memory becomes very short term and we suffer from 'brain fog'

and once we get onto the right medication/dose of thyroid hormone replacement,

the depression and other brain problems improves very much. Doctors find it too

easy to dish out prescriptions for antidepressants and tell you to go away and

get a life - but there is a physical cause for depression in hypothyroidism and

this is what the doctor should be looking for. Look at all the symptoms and

signs of hypothyroidism and see how many of these you have. You can find them

in our FILES on this Forum or in our web site www.tpa-uk.org.uk

under 'Hypothyroidism' and then on the drop down Menu, 'Symptoms and Signs'.

Luv - Sheila

does anyone have periods of depression and

hollowness?

im finding it quite difficult to function with it at the moment.

.x

No virus

found in this incoming message.

Checked by AVG - www.avg.com

Version: 8.5.392 / Virus Database: 270.13.58/2305 - Release Date: 08/16/09

21:46:00

Hi ,

A typical symptom of low T3.

Subject: depression

does anyone have periods of depression and hollowness?

im finding it quite difficult to function with it at the moment.

.x

------------------------------------

TPA is not medically qualified. Consult with a qualified medical

practitioner before changing medication.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Gloria

I thank Scarlet as well for the depression piece.

As always she is a well of info.

Gloria, dont be too hard on folks [or yourself].

HCV, unless you are infected, is not a 'in your face' issue with most people.

They are busy with their own lives, even family members.

Its not that they dont care about you - us. They do.

Their heads are elsewhere though, on the pressing issues in their own lives.

Even those of us who are infected have a hard time staying in contact.

I know exactly how you feel though [emotionally].

My own family could email, phone, visit. They dont. I am alone 99.9%.

I sometimes get a bit angered about this, but then I try to be understanding.

Anger or frustration at others does me no good, and just makes my journey harder.

I send my mind someplace else to keep myself from thinking about my problems.

You have much to be thankful for, Gloria.

You have a spouce to hold you, and to me, that is super.

Be strong, and know that you are loved and cared about.

love

don in ks

From: Gloria <gadamscan@...>Subject: [ ] Depression Date: Wednesday, September 16, 2009, 11:58 PM

The timing of the piece about depression and treatment was perfect, Scarlet !!!! Today, for whatever reason is one of my really really low days!!!Don, I hope you noticed the part about pre-existing use of anti-d's. They are not bad for you, they are alright because you likely will need them if you go on treatment and this way, your body is already used to them. If you suddenly went into a dive on treatment then it would take 10 days to 2 weeks for the anti-d's to kick in and help.I don't know why I feel so blue today but probably because I can't seem to stop having expectations of others and especially family. Stupidly, some days I wish I looked as bad as I feel, so that perhaps people would actually become aware of how hard this disease is on us. Night before last, I sent a scanned copy of that picture of the Hep C Virus to the family and some friends. Do

you know, only one friend has even responded to the e-mail. The one's that haven't responded at all include my own family except my mother and that was because I talk to her on MSN, also includes my step-children of twenty years or their spouses etc. etc.What I don't get is - ya I know I'm feeling sorry for myself today (even if I don't know why) but it gets me so angry that these people have no desire to learn anything about this disease or it's affects on us and then my greatest desire is to try to get public awareness about this issue. Yet, how can we do that, especially in this society, where most are only interested in themselves and not one toe more!!!I'm actually also looking for words of wisdom, compassion and understanding as well. I know that I'm not the only one who has been or is now on treatment, that hasn't felt this depression.Thanks for listening (or reading) -

Gloria

Dearset Gloria, I can only say DITTO, my son made me feel that he was afraid I would infect his children. I told my co-workers because my job could rarely (but once would be enough) have put them in harms way. The meds. made me very depressed, i chose not to take anything during treatment, but do take them now that i failed tx. This DIS-EASE and tx plays mind games too. I started to realize i was extremely paranoid at times. I think it got worse during tx. This will all get better after tx. and i agree w/u until you really look bad everyone thinks your ok.. I once siad to someone you just dont know how hard this is and she replied "your right I dont" not what i wanted to hear right then but so true. I was the only one having a pitty party for me, no one else came to the party nor understood. BE strong all of this will be over soon. Take control of your thought process. I dont know if you have ever heard of Joyce

Meyers She is on tv frequently and her messages gave me hope each day. I made myself watch her to get my mindset rught.Only those of is understand and thats why its so important for us all to work together and support each other emotionnally during the rough days. Just think positive thoughts, avoid neg. people, places, things, and most important thoughts. You have come this far, you can do it!! I think Don would agreee we are all here for you when you want, however you want. This too will pass! You will be back to yourself soon! I wish you a happy day today..Betty

From: Gloria <gadamscan@...> Sent: Thursday, September 17, 2009 12:58:39 AMSubject: [ ] Depression

The timing of the piece about depression and treatment was perfect, Scarlet !!!! Today, for whatever reason is one of my really really low days!!!Don, I hope you noticed the part about pre-existing use of anti-d's. They are not bad for you, they are alright because you likely will need them if you go on treatment and this way, your body is already used to them. If you suddenly went into a dive on treatment then it would take 10 days to 2 weeks for the anti-d's to kick in and help.I don't know why I feel so blue today but probably because I can't seem to stop having expectations of others and especially family. Stupidly, some days I wish I looked as bad as I feel, so that perhaps people would actually become aware of how hard this disease is on us. Night before last, I sent a scanned copy of that picture of the Hep C Virus to the family and some friends. Do you

know, only one friend has even responded to the e-mail. The one's that haven't responded at all include my own family except my mother and that was because I talk to her on MSN, also includes my step-children of twenty years or their spouses etc. etc.What I don't get is - ya I know I'm feeling sorry for myself today (even if I don't know why) but it gets me so angry that these people have no desire to learn anything about this disease or it's affects on us and then my greatest desire is to try to get public awareness about this issue. Yet, how can we do that, especially in this society, where most are only interested in themselves and not one toe more!!!I'm actually also looking for words of wisdom, compassion and understanding as well. I know that I'm not the only one who has been or is now on treatment, that hasn't felt this depression.Thanks for listening (or reading) -

Gloria

Gloria, I also thought the picture was pretty in some weird way. But not so pretty when you know its in you. It looks like some creature under the sea Its kinda like putting a face to the disease, I too shared it with some co=workers. Only the Docs appreciated itAlso back on the depresion, it helps if you dont watch the news. At least here anyway. They never have any GOOD news. I think there should be a GOOD NEWS venue . I once heard that "Disappointment" is the gap between our expectations and what we actually receive. So we cant expect anything and we will never be disappointed?? Have a Blessed day. Make yourself Happy, treat yourself to some simple pleasures today. Soak in a hot bath?? You sound like a strong person. BETTY

From: Gloria <gadamscan@...> Sent: Thursday, September 17, 2009 12:58:39 AMSubject: [ ] Depression

The timing of the piece about depression and treatment was perfect, Scarlet !!!! Today, for whatever reason is one of my really really low days!!!Don, I hope you noticed the part about pre-existing use of anti-d's. They are not bad for you, they are alright because you likely will need them if you go on treatment and this way, your body is already used to them. If you suddenly went into a dive on treatment then it would take 10 days to 2 weeks for the anti-d's to kick in and help.I don't know why I feel so blue today but probably because I can't seem to stop having expectations of others and especially family. Stupidly, some days I wish I looked as bad as I feel, so that perhaps people would actually become aware of how hard this disease is on us. Night before last, I sent a scanned copy of that picture of the Hep C Virus to the family and some friends. Do you

know, only one friend has even responded to the e-mail. The one's that haven't responded at all include my own family except my mother and that was because I talk to her on MSN, also includes my step-children of twenty years or their spouses etc. etc.What I don't get is - ya I know I'm feeling sorry for myself today (even if I don't know why) but it gets me so angry that these people have no desire to learn anything about this disease or it's affects on us and then my greatest desire is to try to get public awareness about this issue. Yet, how can we do that, especially in this society, where most are only interested in themselves and not one toe more!!!I'm actually also looking for words of wisdom, compassion and understanding as well. I know that I'm not the only one who has been or is now on treatment, that hasn't felt this depression.Thanks for listening (or reading) -

Gloria

Hi Betty,

On disappointment...Here's a good way to put it...

'Make no 'appointments', you get no disappointments!" - Sri Swami Satchidananda- (my beloved spiritual Master)

Love to All, Satya

[ ] Depression

The timing of the piece about depression and treatment was perfect, Scarlet !!!! Today, for whatever reason is one of my really really low days!!!Don, I hope you noticed the part about pre-existing use of anti-d's. They are not bad for you, they are alright because you likely will need them if you go on treatment and this way, your body is already used to them. If you suddenly went into a dive on treatment then it would take 10 days to 2 weeks for the anti-d's to kick in and help.I don't know why I feel so blue today but probably because I can't seem to stop having expectations of others and especially family. Stupidly, some days I wish I looked as bad as I feel, so that perhaps people would actually become aware of how hard this disease is on us. Night before last, I sent a scanned copy of that picture of the Hep C Virus to the family and some friends. Do you know, only one friend has even responded to the e-mail. The one's that haven't responded at all include my own family except my mother and that was because I talk to her on MSN, also includes my step-children of twenty years or their spouses etc. etc.What I don't get is - ya I know I'm feeling sorry for myself today (even if I don't know why) but it gets me so angry that these people have no desire to learn anything about this disease or it's affects on us and then my greatest desire is to try to get public awareness about this issue. Yet, how can we do that, especially in this society, where most are only interested in themselves and not one toe more!!!I'm actually also looking for words of wisdom, compassion and understanding as well. I know that I'm not the only one who has been or is now on treatment, that hasn't felt this depression.Thanks for listening (or reading) - Gloria

Hi Gloria,

I read your entire post, cyberhugs.

We can't force people to be interested in us.

For wisdom, all I have is what I've learned along the way. I find creative

visualization very helpful. Visualize what you want, make it simple to start with,

then accept whatever comes from that whether it was what you visualized or something

similar, accept it and be greatful.

That latte sounded good, maybe you could visualize a killer latte and a dead dragon.

best,

I'm actually also looking for words of wisdom, compassion and understanding as well. I know that I'm not the only one who has been or is now on treatment, that hasn't felt this depression.Thanks for listening (or reading) - Gloria

Hi Betty

Our group has its occasional GOOD news.

Its not all BAD NEWS on this station.

A lot of Scarlets articles are HOPEFUL news.

You just posted support for Gloria, and thats good news.

Im here everyday, and thats good news. lol [just funnin]

love

don in ks

From: Betty Himes <stayhungryforlife@...>Subject: Re: [ ] Depression Date: Thursday, September 17, 2009, 5:39 AM

Gloria, I also thought the picture was pretty in some weird way. But not so pretty when you know its in you. It looks like some creature under the sea Its kinda like putting a face to the disease, I too shared it with some co=workers. Only the Docs appreciated itAlso back on the depresion, it helps if you dont watch the news. At least here anyway. They never have any GOOD news. I think there should be a GOOD NEWS venue . I once heard that "Disappointment" is the gap between our expectations and what we actually receive. So we cant expect anything and we will never be disappointed?? Have a Blessed day. Make yourself Happy, treat yourself to some simple pleasures today. Soak in a hot bath?? You sound like a strong person. BETTY

Gloria

Heres one I try to remember, and apply.

EXPECTATIONS [leads to] DISAPPOINTMENT [leads to] FRUSTRATION.

From: Satya <thecelestialspirit@...>Subject: Re: [ ] Depression Date: Thursday, September 17, 2009, 8:11 AM

Hi Betty,

On disappointment...Here's a good way to put it...

'Make no 'appointments', you get no disappointments!" - Sri Swami Satchidananda- (my beloved spiritual Master)

Love to All, Satya

[ ] Depression

Gloria

Thanks, Don - my better self knows these things too. However, I'm glad for a group where we can share our despair with others that suffer as well.Gloria

Hi Gloria

I thank Scarlet as well for the depression piece.

As always she is a well of info.

Gloria, dont be too hard on folks [or yourself].

HCV, unless you are infected, is not a 'in your face' issue with most people.

They are busy with their own lives, even family members.

Its not that they dont care about you - us. They do.

Their heads are elsewhere though, on the pressing issues in their own lives.

Even those of us who are infected have a hard time staying in contact.

I know exactly how you feel though [emotionally] .

My own family could email, phone, visit. They dont. I am alone 99.9%.

I sometimes get a bit angered about this, but then I try to be understanding.

Anger or frustration at others does me no good, and just makes my journey harder.

I send my mind someplace else to keep myself from thinking about my problems.

You have much to be thankful for, Gloria.

You have a spouce to hold you, and to me, that is super.

Be strong, and know that you are loved and cared about.

love

don in ks

From: Gloria <gadamscan (DOT) ca>Subject: [ ] Depression Date: Wednesday, September 16, 2009, 11:58 PM

The timing of the piece about depression and treatment was perfect, Scarlet !!!! Today, for whatever reason is one of my really really low days!!!Don, I hope you noticed the part about pre-existing use of anti-d's. They are not bad for you, they are alright because you likely will need them if you go on treatment and this way, your body is already used to them. If you suddenly went into a dive on treatment then it would take 10 days to 2 weeks for the anti-d's to kick in and help.I don't know why I feel so blue today but probably because I can't seem to stop having expectations of others and especially family. Stupidly, some days I wish I looked as bad as I feel, so that perhaps people would actually become aware of how hard this disease is on us. Night before last, I sent a scanned copy of that picture of the Hep C Virus to the family and some friends.

Do

you know, only one friend has even responded to the e-mail. The one's that haven't responded at all include my own family except my mother and that was because I talk to her on MSN, also includes my step-children of twenty years or their spouses etc. etc.What I don't get is - ya I know I'm feeling sorry for myself today (even if I don't know why) but it gets me so angry that these people have no desire to learn anything about this disease or it's affects on us and then my greatest desire is to try to get public awareness about this issue. Yet, how can we do that, especially in this society, where most are only interested in themselves and not one toe more!!!I'm actually also looking for words of wisdom, compassion and understanding as well. I know that I'm not the only one who has been or is now on treatment, that hasn't felt this depression.Thanks for listening (or reading) -

Gloria

Looking for the perfect gift? Give the gift of Flickr!

BettyI rarely ever watch the news and haven't done so for many many years. Always said that if something really major happens in the world then I would always get that news from someone.In fact, I was sitting in my home office a number of years back and it was on the second floor of the building. All of a sudden, my assistant and I feel the whoosh of an earthquake.. She says to me with big eyes, what do you think that was and I automatically said "an earthquake" but not very close. Turns out, the epicentre was actually a tad east of Seattle and Bill Gates was just giving a speech so it was caught on tape, what was going on in that conference room much closer than I was. Or another one, while

I'm getting dressed and fixing myself for the day in the bedroom, I'm watching A & E where everything is pre-programmed. My mechanic comes to my front door (he was taking my car to fix it) and says - so did you see what happened this morning. Nope says I. That's when he told me about the Trade Centres. He had to tell me three times before I suspected he was serious and actually turned on CNN.I gotta share what my son posted to me last night on MSN "it's

better to expect better from people and be disappointed, than to expect

nothing of people and have those expectations met" I said "no" right

now the disappointment hurts too much..... I swear that I've spent a lifetime expecting better from people and this is a lesson on treatment this time, to swing over to the way you said "so we can't expect anything and won't be disappointed.Oh, I'm just in a funk and I'm sure that it will pass as soon as I stop obessing about it.Gloria

Gloria, I also thought the picture was pretty in some weird way. But not so pretty when you know its in you. It looks like some creature under the sea Its kinda like putting a face to the disease, I too shared it with some co=workers. Only the Docs appreciated itAlso back on the depresion, it helps if you dont watch the news. At least here anyway. They never have any GOOD news. I think there should be a GOOD NEWS venue . I once heard that "Disappointment" is the gap between our expectations and what we actually receive. So we cant expect anything and we will never be disappointed? ? Have a Blessed day. Make yourself Happy, treat yourself to some simple pleasures today. Soak in a hot bath?? You sound like a strong person. BETTY

From: Gloria <gadamscan (DOT) ca> Sent: Thursday, September 17, 2009 12:58:39 AMSubject: [ ] Depression

Gloria

Ask a question on any topic and get answers from real people. Go to Answers.