RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Depression

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I would support you checking out the side effects. I had a horrible reaction to it. I felt so much worse and ended up in the ER. I know it helps some people, but Kava Kava did the same thing to me. I am sensitive to many things, but didn't have problems with LDN. I had the sleep disturbance, but nothing else. It is the best thing I have ever done for myself.

Glowing, grace~As Ghandi taught, the secret to life is to struggle against oppression and to fight for what is needed, but not to be attached to any particular outcome. Therein lies the secret of peace within the chaos."For every failure there's another course of action. When you hit a roadblock, take a detour." - Kay Ash

Guest guest

Has the LDN not done it for you? The release of endorphins typically lifts

depression. We are finding more and more people using it strictly for the mood

elevation, even when they don't have specific auto-immune issues that it was

originally prescribed for. I have three friends now, who use it strictly for

that.

Francie

>

> Would like feedback on st john's wort for depression

>

> Doc wants me to go on the usual medication but...

>

> Thanks in advance

>

> Brgds peter

>

Guest guest

Oh Jo,

I could right a book on my horrible life and SHOULD for real, my fear is that it is so obsurd that no one would believe it. All i can say is I could have been on any Jerry Springer type shit for a million reasons. I was abandoned at 5years old in our appt, my mom had robbed a drug store, so when the cops came she left and they left us. About a wk later her boyfriend came and moved all of the furniture but left me and my sister there with a jar of peanut butter. AT 5 you have no clue whats going on, so u eat the peanut butter and wait. Aboiut 3 weeks later Soc. Serv., shows up and it just gets worse from thereafter, I guess my point is, we cant live in the past, If I did I certainly would be insain, (Some would tell u I am now) Issues like

Abondonment, physical, mental and sexual abuse as a child, chased and shot at as a child, rape,not ever having a parent,, thru 2 foster homes , was then kidnapped by my real father for more abuse. Finally at 15 I to was wise enough I thought to leave. The story goes on and on with so many horrors and good things too, My husband passed from hiv in 96 but I did not get it. I have 2 adult children and 6 grandkids with one on the way, lost my job after 19 years , i could just go on forever, thats why i need to right a book. But seriously ny (which btw was my husbands name too) The point is we all have a story, me ,I cant let my past dictate my future. If I asked u Hey ny, what are the things in life you enjoy or have in the past. thats the thing u need to be doing. At my x job all the employees would come to me to vent or advice or just an ear, one girl was so depressed over the issues on the job and i said to her ,

If I asked u today to finish the sentence what would you say. My name is ny and I _______?You know she grew a better liking for herself as a person and not what she did on the job.

What are you allowing to define you, the Hepc diagnosis? Or just everything. We are all stronger than we could ever realize.I survived this life so far. Ok where is the country song right? Now on the flip side of that my sis who lived the same life,is the COMPLETE opposite of me. Now u guys will read all of that and go OMG, Don't, its all ok, that was then and this is now. Build a huge wall to block out any negative thoughts, and dont look in the rear view mirror anymore. Thinking of u , Betty.

From: Gloria <gadamscan@...> Sent: Sat, March 5, 2011 10:54:15 PMSubject: Re: [ ] I am sorry

Boy, did I ever need to have read that, Teri!! I'm completely disappointed with just family, period. Already today, I had that thought about good friends!!Gloria

I just hate it when family winds up doing something stupid and it all falls apart. I have a similar situation here. My HUGE family that I moved back to Chicago for... I don't speak with any of them now. Situation similar to what Gloria just went thru happened here about 5 years ago. A family member passed away and I watched these people become money hungry greedy jerks. My mother's family completely turned on her, it was so sad. I now have a relationship with my mother but that is it. The rest of the family... I learned to to even care about them. Once I lost that respect for them I could never get it back. That's when you replace that horrible part of the family with really GOOD friends.

Do what works for you ny. Just get somewhere where there is medical help for you.

Hugs,Teri

On Sat, Mar 5, 2011 at 7:07 AM, Barrett <barrjohnm@...> wrote:

Hi Gloria, thanks!

Yikes you have been through a lot!

I too feel that I do not really have a family and have not in years. They abandoned me when I was 17 and was left on my own, it was not until I got sick did they start to communicate with me. Had a rough life, but they never bail me out, now they think I can't do things on my own, okay sure I am not well but I manage.

thanks so much!

Hugs♥

ny

Guest guest

Holy Betty!!You are so right about the OMG. With all that horrible crap from your childhood, it sounds like you came out the other side, a wonderful human being. You sure put it squarely where it is, about anyone's past!! Or those that worry about the future. As the saying goes, one foot in yesterday and the other in tomorrow, you can only be pissing on today.You know, I poke fun at my parents, telling them that it is just abnormal they have been married so long. How could I have a whole lot more bad character defects, when they didn't split?? It took a long time with me, to realize that I actually did come from the Leave it to Beaver family, or the closest thing to it.Luv

Gloria

Oh Jo,

I could right a book on my horrible life and SHOULD for real, my fear is that it is so obsurd that no one would believe it. All i can say is I could have been on any Jerry Springer type shit for a million reasons. I was abandoned at 5years old in our appt, my mom had robbed a drug store, so when the cops came she left and they left us. About a wk later her boyfriend came and moved all of the furniture but left me and my sister there with a jar of peanut butter. AT 5 you have no clue whats going on, so u eat the peanut butter and wait. Aboiut 3 weeks later Soc. Serv., shows up and it just gets worse from thereafter, I guess my point is, we cant live in the past, If I did I certainly would be insain, (Some would tell u I am now) Issues like

Abondonment, physical, mental and sexual abuse as a child, chased and shot at as a child, rape,not ever having a parent,, thru 2 foster homes , was then kidnapped by my real father for more abuse. Finally at 15 I to was wise enough I thought to leave. The story goes on and on with so many horrors and good things too, My husband passed from hiv in 96 but I did not get it. I have 2 adult children and 6 grandkids with one on the way, lost my job after 19 years , i could just go on forever, thats why i need to right a book. But seriously ny (which btw was my husbands name too) The point is we all have a story, me ,I cant let my past dictate my future. If I asked u Hey ny, what are the things in life you enjoy or have in the past. thats the thing u need to be doing. At my x job all the employees would come to me to vent or advice or just an ear, one girl was so depressed over the issues on the job and i said to her ,

If I asked u today to finish the sentence what would you say. My name is ny and I _______?You know she grew a better liking for herself as a person and not what she did on the job.

What are you allowing to define you, the Hepc diagnosis? Or just everything. We are all stronger than we could ever realize.I survived this life so far. Ok where is the country song right? Now on the flip side of that my sis who lived the same life,is the COMPLETE opposite of me. Now u guys will read all of that and go OMG, Don't, its all ok, that was then and this is now. Build a huge wall to block out any negative thoughts, and dont look in the rear view mirror anymore. Thinking of u , Betty.

Guest guest

Have you had thyroid levels checked lately?

For the plane issue, simply tell them you have health issues and can't do it.

My motto is just say no!

Linn

>

> I am wondering what to do.

>

>

>

> Twice now I have had to get off the iodine.

>

> I have started at a low dose and when I get up to about 3 pills I start

> detoxing and going into depression. The first time I quit taking it and

> recovered in a couple of days. The second time after being off the iodine

> for a couple of weeks, I started back on it about 3 or 4 pills a day and

> then quit because of the depression and it took me at least 2 weeks to come

> out of the depression. I want to take the iodine but can't deal with the

> depression. I do take Zoloft so I am prone to this anyway. So do I start

> again at small doses and work up or do I just jump in at a higher dose? What

> else can I do?

>

> I have the cofactors but it has so much inositol that it makes me sleepy. I

> take selenium. I have the salt but I only use it on my food cause of fluid

> retention. Also yall mention getting energy from the iodine. I don't notice

> any energy.

>

> Next question - I am flying to FL on the 2nd and I am worried about those

> xray machines. How do I protect myself from the radiation? This is the first

> time I have been on a plane in 30 years and I am stressed about it.

>

Guest guest

They will let you not go through, but it means you will have a pat down and bag search. As long as you go a bit early so that you can accommodate the extra time that takes, it shouldn't be an issue. It never has been for us.

Kristi

On Mar 27, 2012, at 11:31 AM, Lynne wrote:

REally, will they let you go NOT go through? I hope this is the case, because I don't want the radiation either. I"m flying in June on two planes to Texas!! LynneOn Tue, Mar 27, 2012 at 10:05 AM, Linn <mwm1glm@...> wrote:

For the plane issue, simply tell them you have health issues and can't do it. My motto is just say no!

Linn

>

>

>

>

>

> else can I do?

>

> any energy.

>

>

Guest guest

Hi Lynne,I am a frequent business flier and never saw anyone excused from going through the x-ray machine. Be prepared for a long explanation and a long check in process if you resist the x-ray machine.Safe travels.AgnesSent from my iPadOn Mar 27, 2012, at 2:42 PM, Kristi <kristiashley@...> wrote:

They will let you not go through, but it means you will have a pat down and bag search. As long as you go a bit early so that you can accommodate the extra time that takes, it shouldn't be an issue. It never has been for us.

Kristi

On Mar 27, 2012, at 11:31 AM, Lynne wrote:

REally, will they let you go NOT go through? I hope this is the case, because I don't want the radiation either. I"m flying in June on two planes to Texas!! LynneOn Tue, Mar 27, 2012 at 10:05 AM, Linn <mwm1glm@...> wrote:

For the plane issue, simply tell them you have health issues and can't do it. My motto is just say no!

Linn

>

>

>

>

>

> else can I do?

>

> any energy.

>

>

=

Guest guest

That's because most people will just follow along and do what they are told.

You can refuse, yes they might make you feel strange, yes it will take longer,

they're just trying to make everyone conform and not question. I value my

health more than any inconvenience so I'm not participating!

Linn

> >> >

> >> > I am wondering what to do.

> >>

> >>

> >> >

> >> >

> >> >

> >> > Twice now I have had to get off the iodine.

> >> >

> >> > I have started at a low dose and when I get up to about 3 pills I start

> >> > detoxing and going into depression. The first time I quit taking it and

> >> > recovered in a couple of days. The second time after being off the iodine

> >> > for a couple of weeks, I started back on it about 3 or 4 pills a day and

> >> > then quit because of the depression and it took me at least 2 weeks to

come

> >> > out of the depression. I want to take the iodine but can't deal with the

> >> > depression. I do take Zoloft so I am prone to this anyway. So do I start

> >> > again at small doses and work up or do I just jump in at a higher dose?

What

> >> > else can I do?

> >> >

> >> > I have the cofactors but it has so much inositol that it makes me sleepy.

I

> >> > take selenium. I have the salt but I only use it on my food cause of

fluid

> >> > retention. Also yall mention getting energy from the iodine. I don't

notice

> >> > any energy.

> >> >

> >> > Next question - I am flying to FL on the 2nd and I am worried about those

> >> > xray machines. How do I protect myself from the radiation? This is the

first

> >> > time I have been on a plane in 30 years and I am stressed about it.

> >> >

> >>

> >>

> >>

> >>

> >

> >

> >

> >

> > TODAY(Beta) • Powered by

> > Third-grader's unlikely buzzer beater

> > A young boy in rural Oregon will probably remember this moment for the rest

of his life.

> > Privacy Policy

>

Guest guest

I'm from Australia but recently had to transit through L.A. and Chicago on my way to Montreal and L.A. on my way back.   I refused the x-ray machine every time and didn't have to go through.   I had to have the pat down and they also search my bags.   On one occasions they searched and re-searched my bags three times - I had to repack and unpack it each time, and they patted me down a second time i.e. I wondered if I was being given special treatment for refusing the x-ray machine but it wasn't a big deal - just took about an extra 15 minutes to get through.   They were fine about me refusing, although on one occasion there was a lot of yelling of " woman refusing the x-ray, pat down! " while they got a female employee to come and do the pat down, and a bit of a fuss was made but nobody said I couldn't or tried to talk me into the x-ray.

On Wed, Mar 28, 2012 at 6:48 AM, Linn <mwm1glm@...> wrote:

That's because most people will just follow along and do what they are told. You can refuse, yes they might make you feel strange, yes it will take longer, they're just trying to make everyone conform and not question. I value my health more than any inconvenience so I'm not participating!

Linn

> >> >

> >> > I am wondering what to do.

> >>

> >>

> >> >

> >> >

> >> >

> >> > Twice now I have had to get off the iodine.

> >> >

> >> > I have started at a low dose and when I get up to about 3 pills I start

> >> > detoxing and going into depression. The first time I quit taking it and

> >> > recovered in a couple of days. The second time after being off the iodine

> >> > for a couple of weeks, I started back on it about 3 or 4 pills a day and

> >> > then quit because of the depression and it took me at least 2 weeks to come

> >> > out of the depression. I want to take the iodine but can't deal with the

> >> > depression. I do take Zoloft so I am prone to this anyway. So do I start

> >> > again at small doses and work up or do I just jump in at a higher dose? What

> >> > else can I do?

> >> >

> >> > I have the cofactors but it has so much inositol that it makes me sleepy. I

> >> > take selenium. I have the salt but I only use it on my food cause of fluid

> >> > retention. Also yall mention getting energy from the iodine. I don't notice

> >> > any energy.

> >> >

> >> > Next question - I am flying to FL on the 2nd and I am worried about those

> >> > xray machines. How do I protect myself from the radiation? This is the first

> >> > time I have been on a plane in 30 years and I am stressed about it.

> >> >

> >>

> >>

> >>

> >>

> >

> >

> >

> >

> > TODAY(Beta) • Powered by

> > Third-grader's unlikely buzzer beater

> > A young boy in rural Oregon will probably remember this moment for the rest of his life.

> > Privacy Policy

>