RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Re: New to the group w/ questions

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Darlene, you are carrying one big load. I would hate dealing with all of that on top the HEP C. I will be keeping you in my prayers.

Terry

Darlene <dcw915@...> wrote:

Hi Sharon I have just applied for the Peg-Intron Trial Study in Dallas. They are waiting on my medical records. Because I failed the infusion therapy, I may be a candidate for this free program. The Peg-intron Therapy has showed a 50% - 75% recovery rate. So I am very hopeful.

My situation is so bleak. My company filed Bankrupcy 02/2002. The office was closed 04/02/02 and we were all laid off. So I am collecting $316.00 weekly UE income, which is also a taxable income, and looking for employment. I was so disappointed when I found out there were not a lot of positions in my field with same salary level. I was also faced with the issue that I would have to sign a medical release for company group insurance. I had discussed this issue with my doctor. He stated they could not fire me because of my HCV because they had already hired me. Now I have this opportunity for the new free Peg-Intron HCV study trial program. If I am accepted, I have decided to file for SSI disability and medicaid while going through the program. I still will be looking for employment going through the study. I do not want to lose my home and car and become indegent.

So please add this prayer to the group for me and anyone else who is in the same situation. This situation has once again brought me back to the Lord. I have to believe my life and future is in his hands. This is very hard for me to believe. I live alone with no children. I have no social life. I am too old and out of shape. Sharon Zeis wrote: Hi Darlene. A similar thing happened to me a fewmonths ago, but it was my thyroid. All my blood countshave been in the very low normal range. I didn't needa cane but the only way I made it through the grocerystore was with the cart holding me up. I thought itwas the peg. I told my dr. the fatigue was gettingmuch worse and he checked my thyroid. I'm on 100mcgSynthroid (50 wasn't enough). I go in tomorrow andthey'll know if 100 is enough. Since I'm on a study, Iget bloodwork every 4 weeks. I keep trying to get themto install a valve on the vein, but they won't. Sharon--- Darlene <dcw915@...> wrote:> > Good Afternoon > I still have serve fatigue and depression from the> treatment. I was going through menpause right> before I started the treatment. I was a crazy women> on menopause. I had panic attacks, fear, fatigue,> the sweats. My doctor forgot about my menopause> symptoms when they started the treatment. So my> doctor believed my depression and fatigue was from> the treatment. He did treat my depression and> fatigue etc. while I continued with the treatment. > After the treatment ended, the depression, fatigue,> and mental confusion remains to this day and is> being treated.> I read; A patient who has depression and the HCV> treatment is needed, they recommend that the> patient's depression be stable and not suicidal. > The HCV will increase the depression symptoms but as> long as a doctor has your depression under control> throughout the treatment, they can start the HCV> treatment. They can always suspend the treatment> if other problems arise. I had to have a blood> transfusion 3 months into the treatment because my> CBC dropped from 12 to 9. I was off the treatment> for 2 weeks and then treatment was resumed. > This is so funny what happend to me. When I was> going through the third month of treatment.> I started getting weak and dizzy when I stood up, my> joints pain was worse and the fatigue was severe. I> had to buy a cane just to walk at work and home. I> slept the whole day on the weekends. I went for my> monthly blood test. My doctor called me a few days> later. He asked if I had been feeling weak ect. I> stated yes and that I had to use a cane. He said it> was because my red blood count dropped from 12 to 9> and that I did not have enough red blood cells to> support my body functions. This never crossed my> mind when it should have Duh!!!> I heard is HCV negative post 3 months. This is> absolutely wonderful news to hear. > Darlene__________________________________________________

Guest guest

I didn't go to sleep but I didn't watch. Lying on my side afterwards was hard. I spent the time watching TV.

Terry

Beth Kern <bbbkern@...> wrote: My doctor gave me a choice and I DID want to watch so took a local -- it was cool! They did an ultrasound right on the table to be sure of where the liver was exactly and make sure a lung wasn't in the way. The biopsy itself just took seconds. Lying on your side afterward IS a drag -- I brought a cassette player and tapes. The amount of time depends on whether or not they use a collagen plug at the site. With the older method it's 6-8 hours, with the plug about 3. Some people get some bruising or a small bump, but when I took off the band-aid, I couldn't even find where they had done it. Piece of cake!BethDarlene wrote:> Hello Debbie>> It is really the Doctor's choice to choose a local or put you to > sleep. My doctor asked me what I wanted. I elected to be put to sleep > because I did not want to watch. The cost is less expensive with a > local procedure.>> My doctor told me the reason they keep you in the hsp for 6 hrs post > procedure, they want to be sure there is no internal bleeding from the > procedure.>> Darlene >> debbie henning wrote:>> mary they do NOT put you to sleep. Ive had 2 biopsys and I was> await.It does not hurt you just feel alittle pressure thats it> ...Deb(giglebut)>> Darlene wrote:>> Hi >> Regarding the liver Biopsy procedure, you are put to sleep.> The results takes 2-3 days at the most.>> Darlene>> M B wrote:>> Hey guys,>> Do they put you to sleep or are you awake? About how long> does it take? How soon do you get to know the results?>> Thanks in advance, >> Darlene wrote:>> You feel sore on your right upper side. They take it> just below your right rib cage. You really don't feel> like driving that day or any active projects. Take> the day off.>> Darlene>> Terry Long wrote:>> Darlene, a biopsy is fairly painless. You do> have to take easy for the rest of the day. They> don't want you driving the rest of the day.>> Terry>> M B wrote:>> Darlene:>> Thank you for the encouragement. I am waiting> to stabilize on some medication before I> proceed but with each encouragement it is> helping me to get over the fear of having the> biopsy. One fear is the biopsy itself but I> think the greater fear is what do you do when> you find out the results of the biopsy. I'm> grateful I have this group. It will make> whatever comes up next be more manageable.>> I love Oceanside where you used to live. It> is one of my favorite communities in the San> Diego area. I miss those ocean breezes,> especially in 98 degree weather, lol.>> I hope your new treatment comes through for> you soon and that it works better for you than> the other type therapy. I have not heard of> that type of therapy before.>> Keep in touch, >> Darlene White wrote:>> Hello >> I urgently request you have a liver biopsy> to actually see if any damage is going on> to catch it early for better recovery..>>> ------------------------------------------------------------------------>

Guest guest

Even if you stay awake, you can't drive yourself home. They told me up front that I couldn't drive the rest of the day.

Terry

M B <bestofmarys57@...> wrote:

Thanks again Darlene...it's get to get the goods from those of your folks that have walked down these trails before me. I'm glad they put you to sleep. I have a close friend that would be able to drive me home from the procedure. So that base is already covered. Now just waiting for the meds to stabilize then I'll get it scheduled. Regards.... Darlene <dcw915@...> wrote:

Hi Regarding the liver Biopsy procedure, you are put to sleep. The results takes 2-3 days at the most. Darlene M B wrote:

Hey guys, Do they put you to sleep or are you awake? About how long does it take? How soon do you get to know the results? Thanks in advance, Darlene <dcw915@...> wrote:

You feel sore on your right upper side. They take it just below your right rib cage. You really don't feel like driving that day or any active projects. Take the day off. Darlene Terry Long wrote:

Darlene, a biopsy is fairly painless. You do have to take easy for the rest of the day. They don't want you driving the rest of the day. Terry M B <bestofmarys57@...> wrote:

Darlene: Thank you for the encouragement. I am waiting to stabilize on some medication before I proceed but with each encouragement it is helping me to get over the fear of having the biopsy. One fear is the biopsy itself but I think the greater fear is what do you do when you find out the results of the biopsy. I'm grateful I have this group. It will make whatever comes up next be more manageable. I love Oceanside where you used to live. It is one of my favorite communities in the San Diego area. I miss those ocean breezes, especially in 98 degree weather, lol. I hope your new treatment comes through for you soon and that it works better for you than the other type therapy. I have not heard of that type of therapy before. Keep in touch, Darlene White <dcw915@...> wrote:

Hello I urgently request you have a liver biopsy to actually see if any damage is going on to catch it early for better recovery..

Guest guest

Even if you stat awake. You can't drive yourself home. That is what they told me.

Terry

Thanks again Darlene...it's get to get the goods from those of your folks that have walked down these trails before me. I'm glad they put you to sleep. I have a close friend that would be able to drive me home from the procedure. So that base is already covered. Now just waiting for the meds to stabilize then I'll get it scheduled. Regards.... Darlene <dcw915@...> wrote:

Hi Regarding the liver Biopsy procedure, you are put to sleep. The results takes 2-3 days at the most. Darlene M B wrote:

Hey guys, Do they put you to sleep or are you awake? About how long does it take? How soon do you get to know the results? Thanks in advance, Darlene <dcw915@...> wrote:

You feel sore on your right upper side. They take it just below your right rib cage. You really don't feel like driving that day or any active projects. Take the day off. Darlene Terry Long wrote:

Darlene, a biopsy is fairly painless. You do have to take easy for the rest of the day. They don't want you driving the rest of the day. Terry M B <bestofmarys57@...> wrote:

Darlene: Thank you for the encouragement. I am waiting to stabilize on some medication before I proceed but with each encouragement it is helping me to get over the fear of having the biopsy. One fear is the biopsy itself but I think the greater fear is what do you do when you find out the results of the biopsy. I'm grateful I have this group. It will make whatever comes up next be more manageable. I love Oceanside where you used to live. It is one of my favorite communities in the San Diego area. I miss those ocean breezes, especially in 98 degree weather, lol. I hope your new treatment comes through for you soon and that it works better for you than the other type therapy. I have not heard of that type of therapy before. Keep in touch, Darlene White <dcw915@...> wrote:

Hello I urgently request you have a liver biopsy to actually see if any damage is going on to catch it early for better recovery..

Guest guest

I felt fine the next day, went back to work the next afternoon. If it wasn't for not driving. I could have worked the same night.

Terry

Terry you are so great to share so much of the journey that you have traveled with others. It's a great gift to be able to do so. Were you sore the next day? Were you able to go to work? Knowing these things can help me plan around me work schedule the best way possible. You Da Man, Terri Tks. Terry Long <pawpawto3@...> wrote:

you are awake. They numb you & you don't feel very much. The biopsy it self take's less then 30 minutes. But they have some things they have to do before hand & they want to watch you a few hours afterwards. I checked in at 6:00 that morning & didn't leave till 1:30 that afternoon. Terry M B <bestofmarys57@...> wrote:

Guest guest

For me I wanted to know what I was dealing with. I have been a fighter all my life & wanted to know how much damage was done & what I needed to do to beat this. I was born with an inharted disorder "neurofibromatosis". These are small growth's or tumers that ataches the nerves "skin & body parts" I was also born with a sunken chest. When I was 5 they went in & tried reinforse the chest "it didn't work". In 1983 I had some internal bleeding, it turned out to be a neurofibromatosis growth. Between the test to find the problem & the operation, I had around 10 units of blood. One of those transfustion's had to be tanted, that is how I had to get the HEP C. My plan is as long as I am breathing, I will fight what ever come my way.

Terry

~ I appreciated your story and kind encouragement. The popular concenses is to do the biopsy and not one person said, "Oh wait you have lots of time". Sends me a pretty clear message now doesn't it? Thank you once again, Sizer <ssizer@...> wrote:

I had a liver biopsy way back in '67 when I was hospitalized for "serum hepatitis."

It was rather unpleasant, so I wasn't looking forward to it when I had my biopsy last Fall. But it was like night and day, not nearly as unpleasant as the first time. A day to rest and recuperate and that was it.

By all means, get it done. It's the best diagnostic tool there is.

Best wishes,

Re: [ ] New to the group w/ questions

Dear , The fear and delay of having your liver biopsy done will determine your percentage of recovery, if any. Get it done ASAP. This is a fatal disease just like Cancer if you catch it early you have a higher change of recovery. I delayed my liver biopsy for 2 years. My delay allowed the HCV to reach a fibrosis stage 3 before my treatment was started. The infusion therapy was not able to kill the HCV in my liver/body. The infusion therapy is the first therapy treatment "protocol" your physician will do. The infusion therapy is a 26-48-52 weeks treatment which consist of the following: A monthly supply the medications will be mailed to you. You will receive a twisting measurable injection interferon pen that lasts 2-4 weeks. You will also receive a supply of Ribavirin pills which is an anti-viral agent that enhances the success to kill the HCV. You will be required to give monthly blood tests to monitor the treatment. By 6 months, if your HCV level is still high, they will discontinue the treatment because the treatment failed. If your HCV level is at the proper low ranch, the treatment will be continued up to 52 weeks. In reality, the treatment is trying to kill the HCV without killing the patient. This is the same treatment Naomi Judd had to go through. They caught the Active HCV in it's first stage which the infusion treatment was able to kill the HCV. If the HCV does not return in 6 months you are considered cured. In Jan 2001 the Peg-Intron infusion therapy was approved to use in the USA. The clinical studies showed it to be 75% more effective in killing the HCV in patients that failed to respond to the infusion therapy. This treatment is my only hope at this time. From what I have read about the Peg-Intron therapy which about the same protocol but now the interferon has an agent that keeps the interferon longer in the body. This allows the interferon more time to kill more HCV. The treatment plan is: One injection a week given under the skin only. Rebetron pills will replace the other pills. You will be required to take these pills daily. HCV is a fatal disease with no definite cure. Once your liver reaches the the Cirrhosis stage it progresses to Cancer of the Liver. The only treatment available at this time is a liver transplant. You can read details information at http://hepatitis-central/hcv/treatment.html I hope this letter brings the reality that the HCV is a Very Serious Fatal Disease that needs to be treated asap just like cancer. Darlene

Guest guest

Hang in there, Darlene, we are all praying along with you. I know we have had a lot of employment problems among the group. is also working in a job not of his choosing, how is that going, ? I am lucky to still have my job, we have lost about 25% of our staff. Good luck on your SSI and job search and acceptance in that study. Keep your faith. -dz-

Hi Sharon I have just applied for the Peg-Intron Trial Study in Dallas. They are waiting on my medical records. Because I failed the infusion therapy, I may be a candidate for this free program. The Peg-intron Therapy has showed a 50% - 75% recovery rate. So I am very hopeful.

My situation is so bleak. My company filed Bankrupcy 02/2002. The office was closed 04/02/02 and we were all laid off. So I am collecting $316.00 weekly UE income, which is also a taxable income, and looking for employment. I was so disappointed when I found out there were not a lot of positions in my field with same salary level. I was also faced with the issue that I would have to sign a medical release for company group insurance. I had discussed this issue with my doctor. He stated they could not fire me because of my HCV because they had already hired me. Now I have this opportunity for the new free Peg-Intron HCV study trial program. If I am accepted, I have decided to file for SSI disability and medicaid while going through the program. I still will be looking for employment going through the study. I do not want to lose my home and car and become indegent.

So please add this prayer to the group for me and anyone else who is in the same situation. This situation has once again brought me back to the Lord. I have to believe my life and future is in his hands. This is very hard for me to believe. I live alone with no children. I have no social life. I am too old and out of shape.

Guest guest

I had a difficult time with the lying on my side, too. My shoulder was sore. I brought a book with me, which helped pass the time. -dz-

Terry Long wrote:

I didn't go to sleep but I didn't watch. Lying on my side afterwards was hard. I spent the time watching TV. Terry Beth Kern <bbbkern@...> wrote: My doctor gave me a choice and I DID want to watch so took a local -- it was cool! They did an ultrasound right on the table to be sure of where the liver was exactly and make sure a lung wasn't in the way. The biopsy itself just took seconds. Lying on your side afterward IS a drag -- I brought a cassette player and tapes. The amount of time depends on whether or not they use a collagen plug at the site. With the older method it's 6-8 hours, with the plug about 3. Some people get some bruising or a small bump, but when I took off the band-aid, I couldn't even find where they had done it. Piece of cake!BethDarlene wrote:> Hello Debbie>> It is really the Doctor's choice to choose a local or put you to > sleep. My doctor asked me what I wanted. I elected to be put to sleep > because I did not want to watch. The cost is less expensive with a > local procedure.>> My doctor told me the reason they keep you in the hsp for 6 hrs post > procedure, they want to be sure there is no internal bleeding from the > procedure.>> Darlene >> debbie henning wrote:>> mary they do NOT put you to sleep. Ive had 2 biopsys and I was> await.It does not hurt you just feel alittle pressure thats it> ...Deb(giglebut)>> Darlene wrote:>> Hi >> Regarding the liver Biopsy procedure, you are put to sleep.> The results takes 2-3 days at the most.>> Darlene>> M B wrote:>> Hey guys,>> Do they put you to sleep or are you awake? About how long> does it take? How soon do you get to know the results?>> Thanks in advance, >> Darlene wrote:>> You feel sore on your right upper side. They take it> just below your right rib cage. You really don't feel> like driving that day or any active projects. Take> the day off.>> Darlene>> Terry Long wrote:>> Darlene, a biopsy is fairly painless. You do> have to take easy for the rest of the day. They> don't want you driving the rest of the day.>> Terry>> M B wrote:>> Darlene:>> Thank you for the encouragement. I am waiting> to stabilize on some medication before I> proceed but with each encouragement it is> helping me to get over the fear of having the> biopsy. One fear is the biopsy itself but I> think the greater fear is what do you do when> you find out the results of the biopsy. I'm> grateful I have this group. It will make> whatever comes up next be more manageable.>> I love Oceanside where you used to live. It> is one of my favorite communities in the San> Diego area. I miss those ocean breezes,> especially in 98 degree weather, lol.>> I hope your new treatment comes through for> you soon and that it works better for you than> the other type therapy. I have not heard of> that type of therapy before.>> Keep in touch, >> Darlene White wrote:>> Hello >> I urgently request you have a liver biopsy> to actually see if any damage is going on> to catch it early for better recovery..>>> ------------------------------------------------------------------------>

Guest guest

I agree with you Terry. I have been insistant about my own knowledge of these things. Whenever I have tests, I want the results in writing, etc. On my last physical they tried again with the phone call, "your cholesteral is ok, liver panel is ok, this is a little high, etc." I insisted I wanted a hard copy, even if I don't understand everything on it, I have it for posterity. I was lucky because I asked for my medical records when I left Denver and when I found out I had hcv I was able to look back and see the high alt/ast back to 1982. -dz-

Terry Long wrote:

For me I wanted to know what I was dealing with. I have been a fighter all my life & wanted to know how much damage was done & what I needed to do to beat this. I was born with an inharted disorder "neurofibromatosis". These are small growth's or tumers that ataches the nerves "skin & body parts" I was also born with a sunken chest. When I was 5 they went in & tried reinforse the chest "it didn't work". In 1983 I had some internal bleeding, it turned out to be a neurofibromatosis growth. Between the test to find the problem & the operation, I had around 10 units of blood. One of those transfustion's had to be tanted, that is how I had to get the HEP C. My plan is as long as I am breathing, I will fight what ever come my way. Terry M B <bestofmarys57@...> wrote:

~ I appreciated your story and kind encouragement. The popular concenses is to do the biopsy and not one person said, "Oh wait you have lots of time". Sends me a pretty clear message now doesn't it? Thank you once again, Sizer <ssizer@...> wrote:

I had a liver biopsy way back in '67 when I was hospitalized for "serum hepatitis."

It was rather unpleasant, so I wasn't looking forward to it when I had my biopsy last Fall. But it was like night and day, not nearly as unpleasant as the first time. A day to rest and recuperate and that was it.

By all means, get it done. It's the best diagnostic tool there is.

Best wishes,

Re: [ ] New to the group w/ questions

Dear , The fear and delay of having your liver biopsy done will determine your percentage of recovery, if any. Get it done ASAP. This is a fatal disease just like Cancer if you catch it early you have a higher change of recovery. I delayed my liver biopsy for 2 years. My delay allowed the HCV to reach a fibrosis stage 3 before my treatment was started. The infusion therapy was not able to kill the HCV in my liver/body. The infusion therapy is the first therapy treatment "protocol" your physician will do. The infusion therapy is a 26-48-52 weeks treatment which consist of the following: A monthly supply the medications will be mailed to you. You will receive a twisting measurable injection interferon pen that lasts 2-4 weeks. You will also receive a supply of Ribavirin pills which is an anti-viral agent that enhances the success to kill the HCV. You will be required to give monthly blood tests to monitor the treatment. By 6 months, if your HCV level is still high, they will discontinue the treatment because the treatment failed. If your HCV level is at the proper low ranch, the treatment will be continued up to 52 weeks. In reality, the treatment is trying to kill the HCV without killing the patient. This is the same treatment Naomi Judd had to go through. They caught the Active HCV in it's first stage which the infusion treatment was able to kill the HCV. If the HCV does not return in 6 months you are considered cured. In Jan 2001 the Peg-Intron infusion therapy was approved to use in the USA. The clinical studies showed it to be 75% more effective in killing the HCV in patients that failed to respond to the infusion therapy. This treatment is my only hope at this time. From what I have read about the Peg-Intron therapy which about the same protocol but now the interferon has an agent that keeps the interferon longer in the body. This allows the interferon more time to kill more HCV. The treatment plan is: One injection a week given under the skin only. Rebetron pills will replace the other pills. You will be required to take these pills daily. HCV is a fatal disease with no definite cure. Once your liver reaches the the Cirrhosis stage it progresses to Cancer of the Liver. The only treatment available at this time is a liver transplant. You can read details information at http://hepatitis-central/hcv/treatment.html I hope this letter brings the reality that the HCV is a Very Serious Fatal Disease that needs to be treated asap just like cancer. Darlene

Guest guest

I am also still on my antidepressants. I never took them before treatment. I asked my dr about discontinuing them, but he thought it was a good idea to keep them up. I cut down from 2 100mg/day to 150mg/day. I often forgot the 2nd dose anyway. That's part of my ADHD. I'm also trying to snap out of the fatigue. I need to get back on a physical fitness program and I'm having a hard time of it. I picked up a second job because of money problems, but I just quit that, so hopefully I'll be able to motivate myself to get back in shape. -dz-

Darlene wrote:

Good Afternoon I still have serve fatigue and depression from the treatment. I was going through menpause right before I started the treatment. I was a crazy women on menopause. I had panic attacks, fear, fatigue, the sweats. My doctor forgot about my menopause symptoms when they started the treatment. So my doctor believed my depression and fatigue was from the treatment. He did treat my depression and fatigue etc. while I continued with the treatment. After the treatment ended, the depression, fatigue, and mental confusion remains to this day and is being treated. I read; A patient who has depression and the HCV treatment is needed, they recommend that the patient's depression be stable and not suicidal. The HCV will increase the depression symptoms but as long as a doctor has your depression under control throughout the treatment, they can start the HCV treatment. They can always suspend the treatment if other problems arise. I had to have a blood transfusion 3 months into the treatment because my CBC dropped from 12 to 9. I was off the treatment for 2 weeks and then treatment was resumed. This is so funny what happend to me. When I was going through the third month of treatment. I started getting weak and dizzy when I stood up, my joints pain was worse and the fatigue was severe. I had to buy a cane just to walk at work and home. I slept the whole day on the weekends. I went for my monthly blood test. My doctor called me a few days later. He asked if I had been feeling weak ect. I stated yes and that I had to use a cane. He said it was because my red blood count dropped from 12 to 9 and that I did not have enough red blood cells to support my body functions. This never crossed my mind when it should have Duh!!! I heard is HCV negative post 3 months. This is absolutely wonderful news to hear. Darlene

Guest guest

We are also grateful that you found it -dz-

Darlene wrote:

I am so greatful I found this group.

Guest guest

I guess it differs, I have heard from others that were put to sleep. My dr told me I had to be concious for the procedure. I also had a second procedure done at the same time. They scoped me to check out a hiatal (sp?) hernia. I guess I was concious, but you couldn't tell it by me, I didn't remember a thing. He asked me which I wanted first (meaning the scope or the biopsy), I just pointed at the iv, he and the nurse got a chuckle out of that. They gave me the results of both immediately after the test. -dz-

Darlene wrote:

Guest guest

I need to get back on a physical fitness program and I'm having a hard time of it.

Join the club, Dave

Guest guest

I did something ood for myself..I ran them both out the house for a while..Told them to go do something in town and let me have some damn space...LOL

Guest guest

Thanks Terry..Going to a GYN today to see if the old hormones need to be changed or something..

Guest guest

My husband is a great guy but he would LOVE for me to

stay home and be a full-time mom. I am one step away

from insanity as it is and they will probably drive me

over the brink. After spending a summer as a full-time

mother, I'd rather be a prisoner of war. I love my

kids a lot, but this was not what I was made for.

Sharon

--- Darlene <dcw915@...> wrote:

>

> You are a very lucky lady. You have a great

> sensitive husband. I agree totally with you, I

> could not be a stay home mom. I really wouldn't

> know what to do. This is the first time I have been

> unemployed in 12 years. I am ready for a change in

> my life. It's funny, inside I know everything is

> going to be okay.

> Darlene

> Sharon Zeis wrote:It sounds like you have too much

> going on at once,

> I'm sorry for that. I hope you get on the study

> program. The one I'm on has added Amantadine to the

> mix of peg and Ribavirin. The only thing they give

> me

> free is the Amantadine. But that's OK because I have

> really good insurance and it's only costing $60 a

> month in co-pay. I gave up my job of 25 years as a

> dental hygienist because it wasn't a good field to

> be

> in with HCV. Luckily I have a VERY supportive

> husband

> and he wants me not to look for a new career until

> after treatment. The bad side is I have 5 teenage

> kids

> (4 steps and 1 is mine) We have custody of them all

> and I NEVER wanted to be a full-time mom. Oh well,

> my

> favorite saying is " This too shall pass " . I wish you

> luck with treatment and finding a job.

> Sharon

> --- Darlene <dcw915@...> wrote:

> >

> > Hi Sharon

> > I have just applied for the Peg-Intron Trial Study

> > in Dallas. They are waiting on my medical

> records.

> > Because I failed the infusion therapy, I may be a

> > candidate for this free program. The Peg-intron

> > Therapy has showed a 50% - 75% recovery rate. So I

> > am very hopeful.

> > My situation is so bleak. My company filed

> Bankrupcy

> > 02/2002. The office was closed 04/02/02 and we

> were

> > all laid off. So I am collecting $316.00 weekly

> UE

> > income, which is also a taxable income, and

> looking

> > for employment. I was so disappointed when I

> found

> > out there were not a lot of positions in my field

> > with same salary level. I was also faced with the

> > issue that I would have to sign a medical release

> > for company group insurance. I had discussed this

> > issue with my doctor. He stated they could not

> fire

> > me because of my HCV because they had already

> hired

> > me.

> > Now I have this opportunity for the new free

> > Peg-Intron HCV study trial program. If I am

> > accepted, I have decided to file for SSI

> disability

> > and medicaid while going through the program. I

> > still will be looking for employment going

> through

> > the study. I do not want to lose my home and car

> > and become indegent.

> > So please add this prayer to the group for me and

> > anyone else who is in the same situation. This

> > situation has once again brought me back to the

> > Lord. I have to believe my life and future is in

> > his hands. This is very hard for me to believe.

> I

> > live alone with no children. I have no social

> life.

> > I am too old and out of shape.

> >

> > Sharon Zeis wrote:Hi Darlene. A similar thing

> > happened to me a few

> > months ago, but it was my thyroid. All my blood

> > counts

> > have been in the very low normal range. I didn't

> > need

> > a cane but the only way I made it through the

> > grocery

> > store was with the cart holding me up. I thought

> it

> > was the peg. I told my dr. the fatigue was getting

> > much worse and he checked my thyroid. I'm on

> 100mcg

> > Synthroid (50 wasn't enough). I go in tomorrow and

> > they'll know if 100 is enough. Since I'm on a

> study,

> > I

> > get bloodwork every 4 weeks. I keep trying to get

> > them

> > to install a valve on the vein, but they won't.

> > Sharon

> > --- Darlene <dcw915@...> wrote:

> > >

> > > Good Afternoon

> > > I still have serve fatigue and depression from

> the

> > > treatment. I was going through menpause right

> > > before I started the treatment. I was a crazy

> > women

> > > on menopause. I had panic attacks, fear,

> fatigue,

> > > the sweats. My doctor forgot about my menopause

> > > symptoms when they started the treatment. So my

> > > doctor believed my depression and fatigue was

> from

> > > the treatment. He did treat my depression and

> > > fatigue etc. while I continued with the

> treatment.

> >

> > > After the treatment ended, the depression,

> > fatigue,

> > > and mental confusion remains to this day and is

> > > being treated.

> > > I read; A patient who has depression and the HCV

> > > treatment is needed, they recommend that the

> > > patient's depression be stable and not suicidal.

>

> > > The HCV will increase the depression symptoms

> but

> > as

> > > long as a doctor has your depression under

> control

> > > throughout the treatment, they can start the HCV

> > > treatment. They can always suspend the

> treatment

> > > if other problems arise. I had to have a blood

> > > transfusion 3 months into the treatment because

> my

> > > CBC dropped from 12 to 9. I was off the

> treatment

> > > for 2 weeks and then treatment was resumed.

> > > This is so funny what happend to me. When I was

> > > going through the third month of treatment.

> > > I started getting weak and dizzy when I stood

> up,

> > my

> > > joints pain was worse and the fatigue was

> severe.

> > I

> > > had to buy a cane just to walk at work and home.

> I

> > > slept the whole day on the weekends. I went for

> my

> > > monthly blood test. My doctor called me a few

> days

> > > later. He asked if I had been feeling weak ect.

> I

> > > stated yes and that I had to use a cane. He said

> > it

> > > was because my red blood count dropped from 12

> to

> > 9

> > > and that I did not have enough red blood cells

> to

> > > support my body functions. This never crossed my

> > > mind when it should have Duh!!!

> > > I heard is HCV negative post 3 months.

> This

> > is

> > > absolutely wonderful news to hear.

> > > Darlene

> >

> >

> > __________________________________________________

> >

Guest guest

When we first got maried, Susy already had & was due in 7 1/2 monthes. We figured the coct of child care & a second car. It was better for her to stay at home & be a full time Mom. She did that till was 12. For the most part Susy enjoyed working the extra income & the things we could do with it. Now after caring for Mom for almost 4 years. She said after Mom is no longer around, she wants to stay at home & be a full time housewife.

Terry

Sharon Zeis <szeis_1@...> wrote: My husband is a great guy but he would LOVE for me tostay home and be a full-time mom. I am one step awayfrom insanity as it is and they will probably drive meover the brink. After spending a summer as a full-timemother, I'd rather be a prisoner of war. I love mykids a lot, but this was not what I was made for. Sharon--- Darlene <dcw915@...> wrote:> > You are a very lucky lady. You have a great> sensitive husband. I agree totally with you, I> could not be a stay home mom. I really wouldn't> know what to do. This is the first time I have been> unemployed in 12 years. I am ready for a change in> my life. It's funny, inside I know everything is> going to be okay.> Darlene > Sharon Zeis wrote:It sounds like you have too much> going on at once,> I'm sorry for that. I hope you get on the study> program. The one I'm on has added Amantadine to the> mix of peg and Ribavirin. The only thing they give> me> free is the Amantadine. But that's OK because I have> really good insurance and it's only costing $60 a> month in co-pay. I gave up my job of 25 years as a> dental hygienist because it wasn't a good field to> be> in with HCV. Luckily I have a VERY supportive> husband> and he wants me not to look for a new career until> after treatment. The bad side is I have 5 teenage> kids> (4 steps and 1 is mine) We have custody of them all> and I NEVER wanted to be a full-time mom. Oh well,> my> favorite saying is "This too shall pass". I wish you> luck with treatment and finding a job.> Sharon> --- Darlene <dcw915@...> wrote:> > > > Hi Sharon> > I have just applied for the Peg-Intron Trial Study> > in Dallas. They are waiting on my medical> records. > > Because I failed the infusion therapy, I may be a> > candidate for this free program. The Peg-intron> > Therapy has showed a 50% - 75% recovery rate. So I> > am very hopeful. > > My situation is so bleak. My company filed> Bankrupcy> > 02/2002. The office was closed 04/02/02 and we> were> > all laid off. So I am collecting $316.00 weekly> UE> > income, which is also a taxable income, and> looking> > for employment. I was so disappointed when I> found> > out there were not a lot of positions in my field> > with same salary level. I was also faced with the> > issue that I would have to sign a medical release> > for company group insurance. I had discussed this> > issue with my doctor. He stated they could not> fire> > me because of my HCV because they had already> hired> > me. > > Now I have this opportunity for the new free> > Peg-Intron HCV study trial program. If I am> > accepted, I have decided to file for SSI> disability> > and medicaid while going through the program. I> > still will be looking for employment going> through> > the study. I do not want to lose my home and car> > and become indegent. > > So please add this prayer to the group for me and> > anyone else who is in the same situation. This> > situation has once again brought me back to the> > Lord. I have to believe my life and future is in> > his hands. This is very hard for me to believe. > I> > live alone with no children. I have no social> life.> > I am too old and out of shape. > > > > Sharon Zeis wrote:Hi Darlene. A similar thing> > happened to me a few> > months ago, but it was my thyroid. All my blood> > counts> > have been in the very low normal range. I didn't> > need> > a cane but the only way I made it through the> > grocery> > store was with the cart holding me up. I thought> it> > was the peg. I told my dr. the fatigue was getting> > much worse and he checked my thyroid. I'm on> 100mcg> > Synthroid (50 wasn't enough). I go in tomorrow and> > they'll know if 100 is enough. Since I'm on a> study,> > I> > get bloodwork every 4 weeks. I keep trying to get> > them> > to install a valve on the vein, but they won't. > > Sharon> > --- Darlene <dcw915@...> wrote:> > > > > > Good Afternoon > > > I still have serve fatigue and depression from> the> > > treatment. I was going through menpause right> > > before I started the treatment. I was a crazy> > women> > > on menopause. I had panic attacks, fear,> fatigue,> > > the sweats. My doctor forgot about my menopause> > > symptoms when they started the treatment. So my> > > doctor believed my depression and fatigue was> from> > > the treatment. He did treat my depression and> > > fatigue etc. while I continued with the> treatment.> > > > > After the treatment ended, the depression,> > fatigue,> > > and mental confusion remains to this day and is> > > being treated.> > > I read; A patient who has depression and the HCV> > > treatment is needed, they recommend that the> > > patient's depression be stable and not suicidal.> > > > The HCV will increase the depression symptoms> but> > as> > > long as a doctor has your depression under> control> > > throughout the treatment, they can start the HCV> > > treatment. They can always suspend the> treatment> > > if other problems arise. I had to have a blood> > > transfusion 3 months into the treatment because> my> > > CBC dropped from 12 to 9. I was off the> treatment> > > for 2 weeks and then treatment was resumed. > > > This is so funny what happend to me. When I was> > > going through the third month of treatment.> > > I started getting weak and dizzy when I stood> up,> > my> > > joints pain was worse and the fatigue was> severe.> > I> > > had to buy a cane just to walk at work and home.> I> > > slept the whole day on the weekends. I went for> my> > > monthly blood test. My doctor called me a few> days> > > later. He asked if I had been feeling weak ect. > I> > > stated yes and that I had to use a cane. He said> > it> > > was because my red blood count dropped from 12> to> > 9> > > and that I did not have enough red blood cells> to> > > support my body functions. This never crossed my> > > mind when it should have Duh!!!> > > I heard is HCV negative post 3 months.> This> > is> > > absolutely wonderful news to hear. > > > Darlene> > > > > > __________________________________________________> >

Guest guest

Hi Darlene,

I want to send a big WARM WELCOME out to you... Welcome aboard!!!!!!

Angel Hugs,

Diane

May Rainbow Dreams Color Your World With Love, Hope, Peace & Unity

Guest guest

Hi ,

I know what you mean about people not understanding about Hep C.....

You would think that the State Troopers would have someone of knowledge

explain the disease to them... When I was in the Emergency Room the Dr.

had the guts to tell me that Hep C is catching by being near a

person..... My son looked at me because I explained it to them... Then

they hear a Dr. make a dumb statement like that.... You can tell he only

has training in stitching up people.... I was too sick to set him

straight..... I am surprised he didn't quarantine me... LOL... Go figure

that one out..... Are you a State Trooper ? Where are you from?

Hi everyone.... Waving atcha from

N.J.~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ;o

Have a Super Day!!!!!!!

Angel Hugs,

Diane

May Rainbow Dreams Color Your World With Love, Hope, Peace & Unity

Guest guest

Good for you Jan. I'm just counting the days til

school starts. Only 18 more.

Sharon

--- Jannewilms43@... wrote:

> I did something ood for myself..I ran them both out

> the house for a

> while..Told them to go do something in town and let

> me have some damn

> space...LOL

>

Guest guest

Good for you Jan.

Terry

Jannewilms43@... wrote: I did something ood for myself..I ran them both out the house for a while..Told them to go do something in town and let me have some damn space...LOL

Guest guest

Diane, I have discovered there is a lot of Doctor's don't know much about this. My PC for one.

Terry

diane214@... wrote: Hi , I know what you mean about people not understanding about Hep C.....You would think that the State Troopers would have someone of knowledgeexplain the disease to them... When I was in the Emergency Room the Dr.had the guts to tell me that Hep C is catching by being near aperson..... My son looked at me because I explained it to them... Thenthey hear a Dr. make a dumb statement like that.... You can tell he onlyhas training in stitching up people.... I was too sick to set himstraight..... I am surprised he didn't quarantine me... LOL... Go figurethat one out..... Are you a State Trooper ? Where are you from?Hi everyone.... Waving atcha fromN.J.~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ;oHave a Super Day!!!!!!! Angel Hugs, DianeMay Rainbow Dreams Color Your World With Love, Hope, Peace & Unity

Guest guest

Hello

I believe I have the same ADHD. I believe I have had ADHD since the 4th grade, but at that time the medical field was not aware of this disease. It has always been kind of difficult to keep my mind from wondering but it became severely worse on and after the treatment. I really need to discuss the ADHD and this was my doc. It might just change my life with the right medication.

Darlene

imaganeer wrote:

I am also still on my antidepressants. I never took them before treatment. I asked my dr about discontinuing them, but he thought it was a good idea to keep them up. I cut down from 2 100mg/day to 150mg/day. I often forgot the 2nd dose anyway. That's part of my ADHD. I'm also trying to snap out of the fatigue. I need to get back on a physical fitness program and I'm having a hard time of it. I picked up a second job because of money problems, but I just quit that, so hopefully I'll be able to motivate myself to get back in shape. -dz- Darlene wrote:

Good Afternoon I still have serve fatigue and depression from the treatment. I was going through menpause right before I started the treatment. I was a crazy women on menopause. I had panic attacks, fear, fatigue, the sweats. My doctor forgot about my menopause symptoms when they started the treatment. So my doctor believed my depression and fatigue was from the treatment. He did treat my depression and fatigue etc. while I continued with the treatment. After the treatment ended, the depression, fatigue, and mental confusion remains to this day and is being treated. I read; A patient who has depression and the HCV treatment is needed, they recommend that the patient's depression be stable and not suicidal. The HCV will increase the depression symptoms but as long as a doctor has your depression under control throughout the treatment, they can start the HCV treatment. They can always suspend the treatment if other problems arise. I had to have a blood transfusion 3 months into the treatment because my CBC dropped from 12 to 9. I was off the treatment for 2 weeks and then treatment was resumed. This is so funny what happend to me. When I was going through the third month of treatment. I started getting weak and dizzy when I stood up, my joints pain was worse and the fatigue was severe. I had to buy a cane just to walk at work and home. I slept the whole day on the weekends. I went for my monthly blood test. My doctor called me a few days later. He asked if I had been feeling weak ect. I stated yes and that I had to use a cane. He said it was because my red blood count dropped from 12 to 9 and that I did not have enough red blood cells to support my body functions. This never crossed my mind when it should have Duh!!! I heard is HCV negative post 3 months. This is absolutely wonderful news to hear. Darlene

Guest guest

Hi Diane

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

I am beginning to feel better just talking and sharing with all of you. I feel like I now have a social life with great friends.

Darlene

diane214@... wrote:

Hi Darlene, I want to send a big WARM WELCOME out to you... Welcome aboard!!!!!! Angel Hugs, DianeMay Rainbow Dreams Color Your World With Love, Hope, Peace & Unity