RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

JAN

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Mine do that a lot in the winter. I haven't noticed it much in the summer yet. -dz-

Sharon Zeis <szeis_1@...> wrote: Mine do that ALL the time here in the summer, It'sreally annoying. Sharon--- Terry Long <pawpawto3@...> wrote:> > Dave, you all live in a sauna & down here in the> desert we live in a blast oven. Both are hard to> live with. In 1997 when my father passed away, I was> back in central Mo. When I got of the car at the> church, my glasses steamed over before I got the car> door shut. Just from stepping out of the A/C in the> car into the outside.> Terry__________________________________________________

Guest guest

I got all I can handle right here! -dz-

Jannewilms43@... wrote: Dave if you want to feel heat come down here to cajun country or where Terry or Sharon are!!!!

Guest guest

In the summer, if I go to the store in the day, I have to take a towell to cover the steering wheel or I can't touch it to drive. & end up sitting in the car untill the steering cools off so I cam steer the car.

Terry

imaganeer <imaganeer@...> wrote:

Yeah, I guess we all get our weather quirks. I know I've been down in the southwest and no matter what they say about the low humidity, when it's over 100 degrees. Its HOT! When my dad passed away a couple of years ago, he left us kids a little policy and I ended up buying central air for the house. I think of him often on these hot days. Thanks Dad! -dz- Terry Long <pawpawto3@...> wrote:

Dave, you all live in a sauna & down here in the desert we live in a blast oven. Both are hard to live with. In 1997 when my father passed away, I was back in central Mo. When I got of the car at the church, my glasses steamed over before I got the car door shut. Just from stepping out of the A/C in the car into the outside. Terry imaganeer <imaganeer@...> wrote:

It's been pretty hot and muggy here. We don't often get up to 100%, but its been hanging around 90% with 98% humidity. You walk out of a building and you feel like you have to slice a little path in the air to walk through! -dz- Terry Long <pawpawto3@...> wrote:

Jan, you don't know what HOT is untill you spend a sumer in southern Az. The last several day's our high's have been around 115, it has been around 100 at 11:000 PM. The early morning low have been in the mid 90's. But some time this month our high's will be in the 105-110 range.but the humidity will go up. Our sumers start out VERY HOT but dry. Then is just HOT & humied. Terry Jannewilms43@... wrote: Hey Sharon..The sides are the same right now..It's so hot down here..That takes alot out of me too on the meds right now...I'll stay in touch though..

Guest guest

I have to admit I have never experienced that. My steering wheel may get a bit sticky in the midst of summer, but not untouchable. Actually it has cooled down nicely here. Yesterday we had a high in the mid 70's and less than 80% humidity. Today the humidity is back up in the 90's, but still in the mid 70's. -dz-

Terry Long <pawpawto3@...> wrote:

In the summer, if I go to the store in the day, I have to take a towell to cover the steering wheel or I can't touch it to drive. & end up sitting in the car untill the steering cools off so I cam steer the car. Terry imaganeer <imaganeer@...> wrote:

Yeah, I guess we all get our weather quirks. I know I've been down in the southwest and no matter what they say about the low humidity, when it's over 100 degrees. Its HOT! When my dad passed away a couple of years ago, he left us kids a little policy and I ended up buying central air for the house. I think of him often on these hot days. Thanks Dad! -dz- Terry Long <pawpawto3@...> wrote:

Dave, you all live in a sauna & down here in the desert we live in a blast oven. Both are hard to live with. In 1997 when my father passed away, I was back in central Mo. When I got of the car at the church, my glasses steamed over before I got the car door shut. Just from stepping out of the A/C in the car into the outside. Terry imaganeer <imaganeer@...> wrote:

It's been pretty hot and muggy here. We don't often get up to 100%, but its been hanging around 90% with 98% humidity. You walk out of a building and you feel like you have to slice a little path in the air to walk through! -dz- Terry Long <pawpawto3@...> wrote:

Jan, you don't know what HOT is untill you spend a sumer in southern Az. The last several day's our high's have been around 115, it has been around 100 at 11:000 PM. The early morning low have been in the mid 90's. But some time this month our high's will be in the 105-110 range.but the humidity will go up. Our sumers start out VERY HOT but dry. Then is just HOT & humied. Terry Jannewilms43@... wrote: Hey Sharon..The sides are the same right now..It's so hot down here..That takes alot out of me too on the meds right now...I'll stay in touch though..

Guest guest

Hi I got back home yesterday..I had to come home with a cathater (sp?)..Not happy bout that..I have to go back to the Dr tomorrow to see if it can come out or not..My bladder isn't working right..It isn't from the surgery they say..They think it has been acting up since the hysterectomy but we don't know for sure..All I know is this is miserable,,I'll try to be on as much as I can but it sure is uncomfortable to sit..They said do NOTHING but go to the bathroom...fix myself something to drink and that's it for 2 weeks..Now that's hard to do but I'm really trying this time to listen..The pain from 1-10 is about a 12....Oh they changed my hormones too to the shots..Due to my Peptic Ulcer disease the pills weren't able to work right..Now I know why I was a bitch from hell again!! LOL..Anyway I am on the shots and now trying to take it easy..Was suppose to come home the same day but you know nothing happens with me like it's suppose to..LOL..I had to stay 3 days instead...They kept afetr me to do breathing treatments and I was so messed up on the meds I'd smile and say No Thankyou...They would laugh and get their way...Just thought I'd give ya the update..I'll try to be on later though and to all of you new people HI and WELCOME!!! I sure missed everyone...

Guest guest

I wondered about that I wondered if things didn't get a little messed up in the healing process with the hysterectomy. BLess your little heart ....... a 12? Oh my I hope your pain pills are helping some...... Hugs tenderly Fluffy.. Re: [ ] Jan Hi I got back home yesterday..I had to come home with a cathater (sp?)..Not happy bout that..I have to go back to the Dr tomorrow to see if it can come out or not..My bladder isn't working right..It isn't from the surgery they say..They think it has been acting up since the hysterectomy but we don't know for sure..All I know is this is miserable,,I'll try to be on as much as I can but it sure is uncomfortable to sit..They said do NOTHING but go to the bathroom...fix myself something to drink and that's it for 2 weeks..Now that's hard to do but I'm really trying this time to listen..The pain from 1-10 is about a 12....Oh they changed my hormones too to the shots..Due to my Peptic Ulcer disease the pills weren't able to work right..Now I know why I was a bitch from hell again!! LOL..Anyway I am on the shots and now trying to take it easy..Was suppose to come home the same day but you know nothing happens with me like it's suppose to..LOL..I had to stay 3 days instead...They kept afetr me to do breathing treatments and I was so messed up on the meds I'd smile and say No Thankyou...They would laugh and get their way...Just thought I'd give ya the update..I'll try to be on later though and to all of you new people HI and WELCOME!!! I sure missed everyone...

Guest guest

Hang in there Jan, we are akk praying for you.

Terry

Jannewilms43@... wrote:

Hi I got back home yesterday..I had to come home with a cathater (sp?)..Not happy bout that..I have to go back to the Dr tomorrow to see if it can come out or not..My bladder isn't working right..It isn't from the surgery they say..They think it has been acting up since the hysterectomy but we don't know for sure..All I know is this is miserable,,I'll try to be on as much as I can but it sure is uncomfortable to sit..They said do NOTHING but go to the bathroom...fix myself something to drink and that's it for 2 weeks..Now that's hard to do but I'm really trying this time to listen..The pain from 1-10 is about a 12....Oh they changed my hormones too to the shots..Due to my Peptic Ulcer disease the pills weren't able to work right..Now I know why I was a bitch from hell again!! LOL..Anyway I am on the shots and now trying to take it easy..Was suppose to come home the same day but you know nothing happens with me like it's suppose to..LOL..I had to stay 3 days instead...They kept afetr me to do breathing treatments and I was so messed up on the meds I'd smile and say No Thankyou...They would laugh and get their way...Just thought I'd give ya the update..I'll try to be on later though and to all of you new people HI and WELCOME!!! I sure missed everyone...

Guest guest

It's been a tough ride, Jan. We're here praying for your recovery, keep us posted. -dz-

Jannewilms43@... wrote:

Guest guest

Glad your home Jan, now follow dr's orders and stay

in bed. Sounds like you were pretty relaxed inthe

hospital. Healing thoughts are being sent your way.

Sharon

Guest guest

Thanks Jan,

Welcome to the group. This is a great bunch. I do have a Great Hepatologist

and will see him tomorrow. I have just gotten really down because through

all of this I have never " HURT " . Fatigue, scarey times with the bleeds,

fevers, aching we all know the drill but this joint pain is a bummer. I just

want to crawl in bed with a heating pad and stay there. I'm finding it

harder and harder to keep pushing. Hepatologist wants me out on disability

and I keep fighting this but I'm finding it harder and harder as time goes

on. I'm a single Mom and have been for 15 years and have always worked 12-16

hour days at work and then bringing work home to be with my kids and it is

just hard to slow down. I don't know how to. This is what my daughter means

when she says I'm looking for a quick fix. She says Mom for years I could

not believe how hard your worked and hated to do a home project with you

because you use to be a slave driver. I need to learn how to slow down.

Thanks for your story and I've given you enough of mine. Again, welcome to

the group and thanks for listening.

Guest guest

Hi - Joint pain is enough to tip a person over the edge, I suffered

dreadfully from it, from my toes to my fingers. It got to the stage, I

couldn't bear even a blanket over me and whenever anyone came close to me

I'd tell them to stay away in case they bumped me. This lasted about eight

months and then it all went away. Coming off Prednisone, flared things up a

bit but minor in comparison, and now I am just normal for me. Bit stiff and

hard to get going sometimes but I think for me its lack of exercise. So far

I've been blessed by reaching the light at the end of the tunnel, for

however long that may be.

Jan

Re: [ ] Jan

> Thanks Jan,

>

> Welcome to the group. This is a great bunch. I do have a Great

Hepatologist

> and will see him tomorrow. I have just gotten really down because through

> all of this I have never " HURT " . Fatigue, scarey times with the bleeds,

> fevers, aching we all know the drill but this joint pain is a bummer. I

just

> want to crawl in bed with a heating pad and stay there. I'm finding it

> harder and harder to keep pushing. Hepatologist wants me out on

disability

> and I keep fighting this but I'm finding it harder and harder as time goes

> on. I'm a single Mom and have been for 15 years and have always worked

12-16

> hour days at work and then bringing work home to be with my kids and it is

> just hard to slow down. I don't know how to. This is what my daughter

means

> when she says I'm looking for a quick fix. She says Mom for years I could

> not believe how hard your worked and hated to do a home project with you

> because you use to be a slave driver. I need to learn how to slow down.

>

> Thanks for your story and I've given you enough of mine. Again, welcome

to

> the group and thanks for listening.

>

>

>

>

>

Guest guest

monica.... i too worked 10 to 14 hours a day ,6 days a week ..i have done this for years ...when the drs took me out of work i felt like a rug was pulled out from under me ......i cant go like i used to but i did get to "remeet" my kids . they are 15 and 22 our relationship has grown stronger thru this illness ... take care and as everyone here told me ..."listen to your body".....it was and is very hard for me not to stay busy doing some type of project .... i still have my project lists but it takes longer and now my children are working with me more as a team ...take care karen in charleston

Guest guest

In a message dated 10/24/2002 6:52:09 AM Eastern Standard Time, writes:

I didn't want painkillers because of my liver

hydrocodone and morphine are 'liver safe'.

you do have pain relief options.

Ginger

Guest guest

Hi Ginger - In hospital I've been on morphine. Painkillers at home I get by without any except occasional Celebrex. I also carry 10mg tablets MST for emergency use now for a mystery pain, which doctor says is caused by osteoporosis in upper third of spine. I haven't used any yet as I haven't had an extreme attack since being prescribed with them.

Jan

[ ] Re: Jan

In a message dated 10/24/2002 6:52:09 AM Eastern Standard Time, writes:

I didn't want painkillers because of my liver hydrocodone and morphine are 'liver safe'. you do have pain relief options. Ginger

Guest guest

Jan is quite a young woman. I do like the job counselor. She sounds like the

kind of person everyone needs for their kids with DS. has been going to

Wal Mart as a greeter and to the bowling alley with his class as part of his

vocational ed program. They help clean the bowling alley and get free bowling.

Elaine

Jan

I visited Jan last week to get her blood drawn (somehow the counsellor

and the clinic couldn't manage to get it together) and to fix her TV

(the sound would start up and then go off, even though she was pedaling

her exercise bike). It was good. I also had a good talk with the new

job counsellor. She is the first person I've talked to in the field who

seems to have the right attitude. She is focused on the individuals she

is working with, getting to know them, and in networking with the

businesses in the community to find opportunities that might match.

We went to the clinic together, letting Jan note clearly where it was

and that she could walk down from the green. She knows how to take the

bus to the green. I gave her her prescription and and read a magazine.

She came back shortly with the quip, " The vampire bit me, but I'm OK. "

That broke them up. Now she can take care of this task herself. On the

way out, she noticed that if she took the bus one stop past the green,

she'd be closer to the clinic.

I get lots of email from Jan. Some of it is hard to understand, but

some is really neat. Here's a clip from an email I got yesterday.

> I just got back from my walk, I

> went for a little walk, where hiking West Rock is, I

> didn't go to the top, I just stayed on the trail,

> where that tree log is, sat down, thought a little

> bit, then I came back down and took the long way home.

>

>I went trick and treating, on fountain street, got

> some candy,

> I didn't get too much, but I got some candy, anyway,

> then I came back and watched .

Yes, the exercise bike is fixed. After taking the electronics apart, it

turned out that the problem was the headphones. We plugged her old ones

in and it worked.

Rick .... dad to Jan

Click reply to all for messages to go to the list. Just hit reply for

messages to go to the sender of the message.

Guest guest

>worse. You let us know when, ahead of time, and I'll ask for Reiki to be

Uh, what's Reiki? I'm lost here.

Joe

Guest guest

Jan, that theory is very interesting! That would work if we had weekly labs, but some of us don't have them very often.....but it IS good to think about!

Debby

[ ]

- For the first 6 months or so when dx with AIH, I was one of those who refused to go on pred or anything else as my AIH is drug induced (prescription med). During this time I was given copies of all labs & kept an eye on how I was doing (or not) by keeping a graph. When my LFTs would spike, Id refer to my diary which was a daily record of exactly what I ate, any meds, & anything new that I introduced which could cause a spike. I then proceeded to eliminate everything that

Guest guest

Jack,

Being Gay is not a problem at all in this group..... We really do not

talk about sexual preferences.... That is a personal issue..... It

doesn't make me thnk any more or any less of you... Welcome aboard....

Angel Hugs,

Diane

May Rainbow Dreams Color Your World With Love, Hope, Peace & Unity

Guest guest

Hey -dz-

You mean I don't bring a smile to

your face????????? LOL........ or am I just the bad one all by

myself????

Angel Hugs,

Diane

May Rainbow Dreams Color Your World With Love, Hope, Peace & Unity

Guest guest

Bert..I was dunked last night when watering the garden, I turned the hose full on but had the end turned towards my face..I thought I was scuba diving without the tank

Jan

[ ] Jan

uuuuuummmmmm.....Jan? Thanks for the visual, but I just lost my lunch! You are being DUNKED again......LOL!

Love & Hugs...Bert. :o)

Guest guest

LOL! Serves you right for making me loose my lunch!

Watering gardens huh?????? I hate you even more now!!

If I were to turn my hose on to water anything, it would just be a frozen fountain!!

I hate you.....I hate you.....I hate you.....ROFL!!!!!!!!!!!!

Love & Hugs...Bert. :o)

Guest guest

Bert my darling....if there is one thing I am ever going to accomplish

in helping you and others in this group it is to teach you all that the

word is....LOSE... not LOOSE

I have mentioned this before in my snotty rantings on less than perfect

grammar..are we to have spelling lessons too?.......Sigh.

O well I loves youse guys anyway..

jerry

Guest guest

Jan....earlier I wrote Cheryl and told her 'there ain't no bozos on dis

bus... "

am I to be proved wrong?

love jerry

Guest guest

Kathi,

Glad you liked the reference. It's how I view with living with a

brain that puts up roadblocks to success. But you're right. Everyone

has " elephants " . Sometimes they're internal (mood disorders, eating