RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

JAN

Rate this topic

Guest guest

In a message dated 8/29/2004 9:42:50 AM Eastern Daylight Time, dgs24@... writes:

It helps to come here and talk and listen to others situations and know that you are not alone.Deb

Deb-

Thanks. I am going to call my GP doc and ask about a new prescriptions for Elavil tomorrow.

Jan

Guest guest

Jan - Nice to hear from you ! Glad you are managing. Post op depression is very real and something we as acute care nurses never come into contact with do not consider it in the scheme of things. Your body has taken a real big wallop and it will take time to get yourself 'together' again - if you can understand want I am getting at.

What are you using for tube feeds ? The whole business is such an irritation ! I would have a huge problem with my milk allergy as all the liquid feeds are milk based.

Thinking of you daily - so know we are around you all the time.

Hugs,

Joan

Re: Jan

In a message dated 8/28/2004 2:18:41 PM Eastern Daylight Time, jpearse@... writes:

Hi Jan, saw your post to Penny - How are you doing? You are so often in my thoughts. I take it you are home now? Big Hugs,JoanJoan,I AM finally home!I was released from the CC on Thursday morning, and my hubby drove me the 5 hr drive home. I am SO HAPPY to be home. I am not able to eat or drink anything still, and am on a feeding tube to bypass my esoph and stomach so it can heal.The feeding tube is a pain, but I will do whatever I have to do to get well.I go back to TCC on Sept 20, and I hope at that time, dr. Rice will let me transition to liquid, and soft and reg. food.Thanks for your prayers and thoughts, Now to just battle a little depression-But, at least I'm home where I can really rest!Hugs back!,Jan from Northern KY

Guest guest

In a message dated 8/30/2004 2:00:18 PM Eastern Daylight Time, ableasdale@... writes:

Jan,

I am glad to see you are finally home! Take things easy, and let your family do everything they can to help you out. You need a break! You sure have a good distance to go in your recovery, and I truly pray it all goes well. I look forward to when you can tell us that the feeding tube is out!

Thanks. I am counting the days until Sept the 20th, when I go back to see Dr. Rice. I know I have to really get strong again and just do alot of resting.

I am wondering if there is anything new with you in terms of treatment/surgery ?

Jan in Northern KY

Guest guest

Jan, you're doing great, even though you feel 'out of it' - I did too and I only had minor surgery compared to you. I could not sit up for long enough and would wish my visitors would just go home and than feel guilty because of it. Amytryptaline is useful and probably a good idea - just remember it takes a while to kick in if you have not had it for some time - it does help to balance things a bit. Just remember that post op depression is a reality and not to be ignored.

I am usually wary when they say something is 'lactose free' - there are other milk derivatives which I react to such as sodium caesianate which is used as a 'creamer' ! That is the ingredient of Ensure that makes me ill.

You won't be 'out of it' for long now so hang in there !

Hugs,

Joan

Re: Jan

In a message dated 8/29/2004 2:02:40 PM Eastern Daylight Time, jpearse@... writes:

What are you using for tube feeds ? The whole business is such an irritation

Joan,

I am using a formula called Ultracal with fiber. It is supposed to be lactose free, and I'm not feeling too bad with it. It is a big pain in the neck, though. As you say, an "irritation".

I was so happy to get home from the hospital, now, I feel so "different" from everyone in my family and miss not eating for so long.

I really hope this month of Sept. doesnt go too slow. I am anxious to return to see the doctor, better, so that I can taper to regular food and drink.

I think I've got to call my doctor aboout a new prescription for amytryptaline(Elavil).

I just feel so very out of it, you know?

Jan from Northern KY

Guest guest

Jan,

I am glad to see you are finally home!

Take things easy, and let your family do everything they can to help you

out. You need a break! You sure have a good distance to go in your

recovery, and I truly pray it all goes well. I look forward to when you can tell us that the feeding tube

is out!

Guest guest

Hi Jan,

No, nothing new today. I am still

waiting to hear from the surgeon in Calgary. I think I will call them later today and find out. I

am getting soo anxious. I will be sure to post any news when I get it. I

am hoping it will only be good news! I have heard that this surgeon in Calgary doesn’t seem to

choose to do the wrap. I was told by during my consult with what was

supposed to be my surgeon that I should have it done. Now what?

Guest guest

In a message dated 8/30/2004 3:56:13 PM Eastern Daylight Time, ableasdale@... writes:

Hi Jan,

No, nothing new today. I am still waiting to hear from the surgeon in Calgary. I think I will call them later today and find out. I am getting soo anxious. I will be sure to post any news when I get it. I am hoping it will only be good news! I have heard that this surgeon in Calgary doesn’t seem to choose to do the wrap. I was told by during my consult with what was supposed to be my surgeon that I should have it done. Now what?

Boy, I don't know, this is a difficult question. I guess you should wait and see what the new surgeon says when you meet face to face. Perhaps, if you tell him that a wrap was reccomended for you, he will change his mind.

Jan

Guest guest

Dave I don't even know what a 12 step thing is..I do have F home..It took $300 I don't have and then someone told someone about his being on probation and supposedly now they are looking fo rhim..Needless to say he is not here right now..I am so upset..I did tell him that if there was ever another beer brought in this house again he was gone because I am finished!! I also told him I have the right to not want anone else to bring alcohol of anykind in here and I will not allow it..I told him only he can change himself..I can't fix this but every problem we have to deal with from here on out he can deal with it because I can't anymore..We do have good news though..I had borrowed money against the truck when he got in his last little spell and thank god they had full coverage on it so I will have some money to get another vechicle..Now how long it will take I don't know yet but I will get on that

tomorrow..I do have the accident report to bring..Keep the prayers coming..My daughter needs her daddy and I do need my husband home!!!!!!!!!

Dave <dhz920@...> wrote:

The last I heard, they don't expect it to return to hurricane status anymore. I suffered from it early in my recovery. My former gf and I split (she and I had quit drinking together) and I got my own apartment, and I couldn't seem to get myself off of the couch. I had no friends left since I quit drinking. I had lived here for 5 years and all my friends were drinking buddies. I knew if I got up and started doing something I'd feel better, but I just couldn't. I'd get up off the couch, walk towards the bedroom, planning to get on the computer, or start cleaning the house, or something, then more often than not, I'd turn right back around and flop back on the couch. I was afraid to go out in those moods, because I was only a year sober and afraid I'd end up in a tavern. (I did that several times, but did not drink, by the grace of God). I started becoming much more involved in AA/NA and I met a group of people at an NA dance who took me under their wings and got me going to NA

dances, etc. I guess I didn't know how to socialize without the aid of alcohol. Have you considered reaching out to a 12-step group, Jan? -dz-Janet <jfw4359@...> wrote:

Hey Dave..I was feeling better but lately it is xcoming back..It is hard to fight the depression..I just want to stay in bed most of the time..I spoke to Diane and she says has it now..I am gonna call he rback maybe today if I have the time..We are having a bar-be-que today because we are expecting rain tomorrow thanks to Frances!! I feel sorry for those in Fla. but I don't think they are getting it as bad as they thought..Lots of rain and some damage but not that bad I don't think..Thank goodness it slowed down but if it gets it's strength back and heads out in the gulf then WE are in for it...Hope all has a gret Labor Day Weekend!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dave <dhz920@...> wrote:

I'm here, Jan. Are you snapping out of your funk? It sounded like you were having a rough go of it there for a while. I hope you're feeling better. I join you in youre prayers for the people of Florida and wherever else this storm may head. -dz-Janet <jfw4359@...> wrote:

Terry it is 2:50 am for me right now..Had to get the hubby off for some kind of certification and this is a great way to start my day with a good laugh..Thanks!! Hey where is Dave????? Is he lost?? I just pray for all of those in Florida right now..I know I don't want that hurricane to turn and come our way but my heart goes out to them too!!

Terry Long <pawpawto3@...> wrote:

Note: forwarded message attached.

Do you ?Win 1 of 4,000 free domain names from Enter now. > ATTACHMENT part 2 message/rfc822 Date: Tue, 31 Aug 2004 11:04:00 -0700 (PDT)From: Susy Subject: Fw: Life is.... n Josh Munstermann , sherrell ,Carole Bill , jim/linda bodard ,MARLENE BUTCHER , Terry Long

LIFE IS Life is all about ass; you're either covering it, laughing it off,kicking it, kissing it, busting it, trying to get a piece of it, or behaving like one.

____________________________________________________ IncrediMail - Email has finally evolved - Click Here

Susy

Gidget(toy poodle), Dr. Pepper (Chihuahua) and Teddy (Papillion).

From the home of the Arizona Diamondbacks.

Do you ?New and Improved - 100MB free storage!

Jan

Do you ?Win 1 of 4,000 free domain names from Enter now.

Jan

Do you ?Win 1 of 4,000 free domain names from Enter now. Jan __________________________________________________

Guest guest

Hang in there Jan, we are all here for you. It sounds like your doing better, then you were yeterday. TerryJanet <jfw4359@...> wrote:

Dave I don't even know what a 12 step thing is..I do have F home..It took $300 I don't have and then someone told someone about his being on probation and supposedly now they are looking fo rhim..Needless to say he is not here right now..I am so upset..I did tell him that if there was ever another beer brought in this house again he was gone because I am finished!! I also told him I have the right to not want anone else to bring alcohol of anykind in here and I will not allow it..I told him only he can change himself..I can't fix this but every problem we have to deal with from here on out he can deal with it because I can't anymore..We do have good news though..I had borrowed money against the truck when he got in his last little spell and thank god they had full coverage on it so I will have some money to get another vechicle..Now how long it will take I don't know yet but I will get on that

tomorrow..I do have the accident report to bring..Keep the prayers coming..My daughter needs her daddy and I do need my husband home!!!!!!!!!

Dave <dhz920@...> wrote:

The last I heard, they don't expect it to return to hurricane status anymore. I suffered from it early in my recovery. My former gf and I split (she and I had quit drinking together) and I got my own apartment, and I couldn't seem to get myself off of the couch. I had no friends left since I quit drinking. I had lived here for 5 years and all my friends were drinking buddies. I knew if I got up and started doing something I'd feel better, but I just couldn't. I'd get up off the couch, walk towards the bedroom, planning to get on the computer, or start cleaning the house, or something, then more often than not, I'd turn right back around and flop back on the couch. I was afraid to go out in those moods, because I was only a year sober and afraid I'd end up in a tavern. (I did that several times, but did not drink, by the grace of God). I started becoming much more involved in AA/NA and I met a group of people at an NA dance who took me under their wings and got me going to NA

dances, etc. I guess I didn't know how to socialize without the aid of alcohol. Have you considered reaching out to a 12-step group, Jan? -dz-Janet <jfw4359@...> wrote:

Hey Dave..I was feeling better but lately it is xcoming back..It is hard to fight the depression..I just want to stay in bed most of the time..I spoke to Diane and she says has it now..I am gonna call he rback maybe today if I have the time..We are having a bar-be-que today because we are expecting rain tomorrow thanks to Frances!! I feel sorry for those in Fla. but I don't think they are getting it as bad as they thought..Lots of rain and some damage but not that bad I don't think..Thank goodness it slowed down but if it gets it's strength back and heads out in the gulf then WE are in for it...Hope all has a gret Labor Day Weekend!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dave <dhz920@...> wrote:

I'm here, Jan. Are you snapping out of your funk? It sounded like you were having a rough go of it there for a while. I hope you're feeling better. I join you in youre prayers for the people of Florida and wherever else this storm may head. -dz-Janet <jfw4359@...> wrote:

Terry it is 2:50 am for me right now..Had to get the hubby off for some kind of certification and this is a great way to start my day with a good laugh..Thanks!! Hey where is Dave????? Is he lost?? I just pray for all of those in Florida right now..I know I don't want that hurricane to turn and come our way but my heart goes out to them too!!

Do you ?Win 1 of 4,000 free domain names from Enter now. > ATTACHMENT part 2 message/rfc822 Date: Tue, 31 Aug 2004 11:04:00 -0700 (PDT)From: Susy Subject: Fw: Life is.... n Josh Munstermann , sherrell ,Carole Bill , jim/linda bodard ,MARLENE BUTCHER , Terry Long

LIFE IS Life is all about ass; you're either covering it, laughing it off,kicking it, kissing it, busting it, trying to get a piece of it, or behaving like one.

____________________________________________________ IncrediMail - Email has finally evolved - Click Here

Susy

Jan

Jan

Jan

Guest guest

AA or NA are both considered 12 step groups. There are 12 steps which form the foundation of the program. Alanon is another group for the loved ones of people with drug/alcohol problems. Hang in there, we'll keep the prayers coming and I hope things work out for you, good news on getting help with a new vehicle! -dz-Janet <jfw4359@...> wrote:

Dave <dhz920@...> wrote:

Dave <dhz920@...> wrote:

Susy

Jan

Jan

Jan

Guest guest

Thanks Dave..We need all the prayers we can get..I am just on line to try to get my mind back..I just feel so lost..I have no feelings right now..None..

Dave <dhz920@...> wrote:

AA or NA are both considered 12 step groups. There are 12 steps which form the foundation of the program. Alanon is another group for the loved ones of people with drug/alcohol problems. Hang in there, we'll keep the prayers coming and I hope things work out for you, good news on getting help with a new vehicle! -dz-Janet <jfw4359@...> wrote:

Dave <dhz920@...> wrote:

Dave <dhz920@...> wrote:

Susy

Jan

Jan

Jan

Guest guest

--- Hi Jan,

Remember that you are still pretty fresh post operatively and you

won't be up to full speed for a while. It took me a while and then I

realized that it would get better. Remember that when you were " not

fixed " you adjusted to that way of existing. You molded your ways to

doing what you could to eat. Now it is a sudden change. A total

adjustment. It takes awhile. It took me about a month, and you had

complications so it may take a little longer. It does pass and when

it finally does--whammo! Life will be good. I had the acid reflux,

a horrible bout for about two weeks. I am not ashamed to say that I

really did not want to live anymore. But I got over it. It is hard

to be optimistic when you have been living unhappily for a long

time.

Anyway, you have to control your negative thoughts. What if the

world ended tomorrow? What if you suddenly didn't have a home? Do

you think about those things every single moment of your life? Or

just realize that you cannot control certain things and to let things

be? You cross the bridge of eating and swallowing and whatever can

occur when you get to it. Period. Don't ask yourself, " what if I

can't...how about--what if I can? Celebrate! Your feelings of fear

are validated because everyone at some point with " A " has had it.

I'm gonna be a mom and tell you " everything will be fine. " What do

you tell your kids when they start letting fear take over? I

say, " give it to God. "

You will eat pizza. You will eat steak. You will be whole again.

What's more, you still have peristalsis. Boy, are you lucky.

Truly with love and from the heart,

Jo from SFLA

P.S. All of this hurricane stuff has taught me several wonderful

lessons. I hope you all can be so lucky.

Jo again

In achalasia , JMB000001@a... wrote:

>

> In a message dated 9/11/2004 3:28:00 PM Eastern Daylight Time,

> chetjet3@y... writes:

>

> Jan - You have to think positive - You ARE going to be eating

> everything before you know it. This is just a little bump in the

> road and the best way to beat it is to think only positive - YOU

WILL

> DO IT!!! See you need to stay here because anytime you have

negative

> thoughts just post here or email me and we will push you towards

the

> positive. I believe that our mind is a very powerful healing

tool!!

> THINK POSITIVE - Any time you start with negative - turn it into

a

> positive. You are going to be healed in no time!!!

>

> Hugs

>

>

>

>

>

>

> ,

> You are the best! I really needed to hear that.

> Or read that!

> I do need to hear positive messages from friends, who does'nt?

> Thanks again,

> Jan From NKY

Guest guest

In a message dated 9/11/2004 7:35:36 PM Eastern Daylight Time, twoseknauf@... writes:

Truly with love and from the heart,Jo from SFLA P.S. All of this hurricane stuff has taught me several wonderful lessons. I hope you all can be so lucky. Jo again

Jo,

I have to keep and print out your post and try to read it every day, that's how good it is, and it was so nice of you to think of me and to write those inspiring words. I really need re-inforcement!

I hope that you remain safe, what about the H. Ivan? Do you worry it's going to be another whammo to everyone? I pray that you and your family remain safe and sound.

Jan in Northern KY

Guest guest

---Hi Jan,

Thanks for your concern about H. Ivan. I can't even think about it

anymore! The media here--that's all they're talking about. Gee

whiz! I'm, as my 6-year-old daughter would say, over it! It's just

one of those things you can't control and I just pray and thank God

everyday!

You're welcome, Jan. Anytime.

Jo from SFLA :)

>

> In a message dated 9/11/2004 7:35:36 PM Eastern Daylight Time,

> twoseknauf@y... writes:

>

> Truly with love and from the heart,

>

> Jo from SFLA

>

> P.S. All of this hurricane stuff has taught me several wonderful

> lessons. I hope you all can be so lucky.

>

> Jo again

>

>

>

> Jo,

> I have to keep and print out your post and try to read it every

day, that's

> how good it is, and it was so nice of you to think of me and to

write those

> inspiring words. I really need re-inforcement!

> I hope that you remain safe, what about the H. Ivan? Do you worry

it's going

> to be another whammo to everyone? I pray that you and your family

remain

> safe and sound.

> Jan in Northern KY

Guest guest

Thanks Jan for the reply, I do appreciate it.

The supposedly lactose free feed possibly had sodium caesianate in it which for many is an allergen, but not widely recognised as such.

Buttered toast --- Oh boy, haven't had that in years !!! Small compensations must add up eventually.

Jan you seem to be coping well at home and I am sure it must have been very difficult at first. I admire the positive way you have coped and kept going in spite of all the lemons you have been served. Your turn for lemonade has definitely arrived.

I will have to phone my gastro doc tomorrow and ask for a change of H2 blockers or an increased dosage as the Lanzor no longer works effectively.

Hugs,

Joan

Re: Ann Jan Cindi

In a message dated 9/18/2004 10:00:33 AM Eastern Daylight Time, jpearse@... writes:

how about feeding - I have a milk and wheat allergy and all the tube feeds and I-tube feeds are - I think based on milk. how soon will I be able to have fluids / food by mouth. I must have blood pressure medication - and not just any ones so how will they control my BP if I can't have pills.

Any other questions you can think of or any of these you can answer ?

I am by no means ready for all of this and will need to prepare myself for such a radical idea, but I want to know the odds and will not allow myself to be steamrolled into a decision. There are other considerations - like assistance after you get home. My husband - bless him - tried very hard last time, but did not cope all that well. Now he has a troublesome hip to consider. How long will I need this assistance. I may have to find a 'step-down' facility (like Jan went to) for a week or two.

Joan-

I can't answer all those questions but a couple I can- As far a tube feeds, there are formulas for people who can't take dairy. I was on one at first, since I mentioned that I am lactose intolerent, but I couldt tolerate it very well, it gave me diarreah.

As for medications, I too, take BP meds. I had to crush my tablets and put them into the J tube. All my medications were going in there but now, I am trying to swallow the pills, and so far, it's going pretty well.

This is a very difficult surgery to recover from. But I just keep going,and finally, I hope before I know it, 3, then 6 months will go by. By this time next week, I plan to shut my tube feeding machine off!

This morning I had a fried egg on top of a buttered piece of toast with the crust cut off. It went down pretty well.

Jan from NKY

Guest guest

In a message dated 10/12/2004 10:38:16 PM Eastern Daylight Time, cindiscandles@... writes:

Jan - I'm so glad things are progressing well! Keep keeping us posted!! Is your stomach a lot smaller now? Why can't they do that laparoscopically? Just curious. I have a gut feeling that someday I'll be having part of my E removed, but I'm happy where I'm at now. And what about scars.....where & how big? Do you mind me asking? Cindi

Cindi,

I am glad to answer any questions. I have one large about 5" scar on my stomach from the bottom of my breastbone to my belly button. They used staples on it, and it is healing well. I also have the holes that was where I had a "J" feeding tube and other drainage tubes. It looks like I have several belly buttons right now!

Dr. Rice at TCC told me there was only one way he would do this surgery, and that was open, so that he could better see what he was doing.

Jan from Northern KY

Guest guest

---Cindi,

I had a third of my " E " removed laparoscopically. I wanted a total

esophagectomy just to get it over with, but my med team refused to

agree to it. They thought it was nuts.

Jo from SFLA

>

> In a message dated 10/12/2004 10:38:16 PM Eastern Daylight Time,

> cindiscandles@s... writes:

>

> Jan - I'm so glad things are progressing well! Keep keeping us

posted!! Is

> your stomach a lot smaller now? Why can't they do that

laparoscopically?

> Just curious. I have a gut feeling that someday I'll be having

part of my E

> removed, but I'm happy where I'm at now. And what about

scars.....where & how

> big? Do you mind me asking? Cindi

>

>

>

>

>

> Cindi,

> I am glad to answer any questions. I have one large about 5 " scar

on my

> stomach from the bottom of my breastbone to my belly button. They

used staples on

> it, and it is healing well. I also have the holes that was where I

had a " J "

> feeding tube and other drainage tubes. It looks like I have several

belly

> buttons right now!

> Dr. Rice at TCC told me there was only one way he would do this

surgery,

> and that was open, so that he could better see what he was doing.

> Jan from Northern KY

Guest guest

In a message dated 10/15/2004 4:49:45 PM Eastern Daylight Time, ableasdale@... writes:

Hi Jan,

Sorry to hear that you are having trouble with reflux. It never seems to end some days, hey? At *least* the reflux can be “fixed†with medication. It is not the best situation in the world to be on pills every day, but you can swallow!! That’s what you were fighting for. Take your pills, and eat your pizza!!!! You will be alright!

Take care, Jan!!

In fact, , I DID have pizza last night. WOW It's been over a couple of years since I had pizza!

Just two pieces, but it was great.

Thanks,

Jan

Guest guest

In a message dated 11/15/2004 1:47:23 PM Eastern Standard Time, ableasdale@... writes:

Hi Jan

I am really sorry to hear that you are having such a hard time with your acid reflux. Heartburn is a horrible thing to have. I had it about a year before my achalasia was diagnosed (or what I think was heartburn at the time J ) Is your surgeon (Dr. Rice, right?) aware of all the difficulty you are having? There must be some kind of medication, even if it is an extremely strong type, that can relieve your symptoms. You are not alone. There are others out there. It is just a matter of finding the right thing for you. Good luck, Jan.

Thanks ,

I am in the process of finding out what food no no's I cant and can eat without having these acid attacks. Dr. Rice's secretary said he said to call back at the beginning of December if I'm not better, so during the next couple of weeks, I will see how things go. I just hate the bitter taste of bile in my mouth.

Jan

Guest guest

In a message dated 12/24/2004 6:50:02 PM Eastern Standard Time, sld102@... writes:

Hi, We didn't get much snow.WE did have some ice.I hope the weather for your trip to TCC is good.Be sure they put you out completely for your dilation. I'm hoping my swallowing gets better soon but so far not good.I feel sore in my upper abdomen area.How have you been doing? Why do you have to be dilated? I'm so tired of going to Cleveland.I hope your trip is successful.Take care and keep in touch.Sherry

Sherry,

The last I saw Dr. Rice was in early October. He said to me that if I started to notice that certain foods were sticking in my e, that it would help to have one more dilitation to open it up. Especially breads and foods like it. So over the last month and a half, I have noticed that those bread like foods are sticking even though most of the other things I have tried to eat,which is mostly everything, go down okay.

I hate hate hate, the thought of having to go back up there, but, this is absolutlely the last trip I make. His secretary said after this, I should go back to my local GI but first see Dr. Rice for this bread stickage issue.

Hope this dilitation helps to resolve my issue!

Thanks,

Jan from Northern KY

Guest guest

In a message dated 1/4/2005 3:17:41 PM Eastern Standard Time, ableasdale@... writes:

Hi Jan,

I sure hope that this dilation does the trick for you. You have been through enough, and it is time that you are finished with all your visits to see the surgeon! I sure hope that it works for you. Let us know!

Thanks, !!

You are such a sweet kind person to send those wishes. From your post to God's ear, I hope!

I feel like loosing half of my esoph to bad GERD surgery was like a death sentence at first, and I still am dealing with depression from it, but as time goes on..........., I feel better about things, and I feel like we go through the things we do for a good reason, we just can't see it at the time. You guys in the A group are a great group of people. Thanks for all your support.

Jan from Northern KY

Guest guest

Hello JMB000001@...,

In reference to your comment:

now have this sensitve scar that bothers me when I wear turtlenecks and anything that rubs against it. Any one know of a good treatment to make scars seem less sensitive and make them go away a little bit?

Jan, there are some creams

Guest guest

Sherry,

Hope the dilation goes well on the 7th. I know what you mean about how busy Dr.

Rice is and doesnt have time to talk much. I have a huge scar on my neck

following my partial esophagectomy on August 5. When there on a follow up visit,

I tried to ask Dr. Rice why I had this scar, since my surgery was done " open " ,

and I have a huge incision all the way down my adomen. All doctor Rice said,

with a smile was, " that where your esophagus ends " . But he didn't really answer

the question as to why I needed this scar. Of course, I didnt pursue it any

further, as I should have. I now have this sensitve scar that bothers me when I

wear turtlenecks and anything that rubs against it. Any one know of a good

treatment to make scars seem less sensitive and make them go away a little bit?

Good luck to you Sherry and keep in touch to let me know how the dilation helps

you.

Jan from Northern KY

Guest guest

Good luck Sherry ! Hope this reaches you in time - if not I am thinking of

you anyway !

Hugs.

Joan

Jan

>

>

> Hi,