RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

stomach pain

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Oh my gosh, I am truly going to die if I don't stop hurting and doubling over with the pain! I have got to call the doctor tomorrow!

debby

[ ] stomach pain

If I do not take something for my stomach, the prednisone and the imuran cause me great stomach pain, I was taking previcid, than my doctor switched me to aciphex. gloria .

Guest guest

Debby,

My doctor also prescribed prevacid for my stomach. I wish I could

tell you something that would help you! I have taken zantac over the

counter stuff when I was in a spot without prevacid. Hang in there

and call your doc. As I have started telling myself more and more

often and probabally should tell myself more often is THIS TOO SHALL

PASS....Were here!

Patty

AIH 98

AK

Guest guest

Thanks Patty! It is good to know there are others who are in or have been where I am and that I am going to make it!

debby

[ ] re: stomach pain

Debby, My doctor also prescribed prevacid for my stomach. I wish I could tell you something that would help you! I have taken zantac over the counter stuff when I was in a spot without prevacid. Hang in there and call your doc. As I have started telling myself more and more often and probabally should tell myself more often is THIS TOO SHALL PASS....Were here! PattyAIH 98AK

Guest guest

Debby,

Call the doctor now don't put it off. I have the pain you do it is like attacks for me and I have a new liver. My pain was so bad last week I had to go to the hospital for a week. I had kidney infection, bile duct sludge, and they found a tumor on my kidney. Don't wait at all to have that much pain is ridiculous.

gayle trans/6-99 ^oo^

galye@...

Guest guest

Debby,

Call the doctor now don't put it off. I have the pain you do it is like attacks for me and I have a new liver. My pain was so bad last week I had to go to the hospital for a week. I had kidney infection, bile duct sludge, and they found a tumor on my kidney. Don't wait at all to have that much pain is ridiculous.

gayle trans/6-99 ^oo^

galye@...

Guest guest

Hello, I have been on the imuran for 4 years now and that has been my forever

question to the doctors What is that pain right in the center of my

stomach????? Well after being scoped down the throat and up the you know

where on 4 different occasions they decided that they did not know what it

was but as long as the scopes were not showing anything and that I was not

bleeding from anywhere that they felt comfortable with saying they were not

sure. It did come on about 3 months after I started taking the imuran. I

did try mdedications for it and got no comfort, so now, I have learned to

deal with it . I can tell you for me that it comes on suddenly, it does not

matter what I eat or when I eat Or time of day or for any specific reason

Sometimes it lasts about 10 minutes sometimes it lasts3 or more days????????

You may not get around the scopes though because they are important and They

may have to do this to rule anything out. Just go with it. Thanks for

reporting this symptom as it helped me to know someone else has felt the

mysterious stomach pain. Lucy.

Guest guest

Dear Debby,

Each day when I take Imuran I take it with yogurt -- an idea I got from Clyde (I think!) I wake up very early, take the Imuran and prednisone with yogurt and then go back to sleep.

I hope you are doing better!

Sue (Oregon)

-----Original Message-----From: Tex Pueschel [mailto:tdcc2000@...]Sent: Wednesday, October 24, 2001 5:33 PM Subject: [ ] stomach pain

HELP! I am really feeling much pain in my stomach and it only happens after I take the Imuran. Does anyone out there have the same problem with any of their meds? My GI gave me Reglan to take for this as she thinks I can hang in there and take the reglan to help with the stomach, but it is not helping at all. THis is really taking a toll on me as I hate having this problem! THanks for your input.

Another problem that I have is the horrific pain in my lower back behind the liver. It is like sharp jabs that just take away the breath from me. If it is not the stomach pain then it is the stabbing pain. Again, has anyone had this?

debby

Guest guest

Debby, I hope i did not discourage you. I may have seemed a bit harsh

sounding. I do feel better as the years have gone on and the stomach pains

are not as frequent and not as stabbing as when I first started taking the

medication. You will have good days and bad and attitude seems to help. My

father tells me often that when I have those slight pains or sensations that

it is a reminder that I'm Alive. There is some truth in that.

Thank you for responding. Lucy.

Guest guest

Oh gosh Lucy, your note was not what I had hoped I would hear! But, I am just beside myself with this pain. Last night, at 4:00 AM, I was awakened by the horrific stabbing. I do not want to go through the scopes because the first AND ONLY time I had that done, I vowed NEVER to do it again! I was awake through the whole thing and decided to never subject myself to that again!

A friend at work suggested that I ask and see if it could be a kidney stone. I am a loss to know. I have the call in to the doctor, but so far, she has not returned the call.....maybe Monday I will hear!

Thanks for the info. If I have to learn to live with it, the I just have to!

debby

Re: [ ] stomach pain

Hello, I have been on the imuran for 4 years now and that has been my forever question to the doctors What is that pain right in the center of my stomach????? Well after being scoped down the throat and up the you know where on 4 different occasions they decided that they did not know what it was but as long as the scopes were not showing anything and that I was not bleeding from anywhere that they felt comfortable with saying they were not sure. It did come on about 3 months after I started taking the imuran. I did try mdedications for it and got no comfort, so now, I have learned to deal with it . I can tell you for me that it comes on suddenly, it does not matter what I eat or when I eat Or time of day or for any specific reason Sometimes it lasts about 10 minutes sometimes it lasts3 or more days???????? You may not get around the scopes though because they are important and They may have to do this to rule anything out. Just go with it. Thanks for reporting this symptom as it helped me to know someone else has felt the mysterious stomach pain. Lucy.

Guest guest

Lucy, you did not discourage me at all...quite the contrary...you DID encourage me. And I like that part of the pain letting you know you are alive! THank you! debby

Debby, I hope i did not discourage you. I may have seemed a bit harsh sounding. I do feel better as the years have gone on and the stomach pains are not as frequent and not as stabbing as when I first started taking the medication. You will have good days and bad and attitude seems to help. My father tells me often that when I have those slight pains or sensations that it is a reminder that I'm Alive. There is some truth in that. Thank you for responding. Lucy.

Guest guest

My mom was asking if I could try yogurt, but I didn't htink we could have it with the celiac. But to be able to eat it and go back to sleep! Wow, I am jealous! How I would LOVE to do that, but those little kids at school would never let me do that....plus, I don't think the Principal would like it at all!

debby

RE: [ ] stomach pain

Dear Debby,

Each day when I take Imuran I take it with yogurt -- an idea I got from Clyde (I think!) I wake up very early, take the Imuran and prednisone with yogurt and then go back to sleep.

Sue (Oregon)

-----Original Message-----From: Tex Pueschel [mailto:tdcc2000@...]Sent: Wednesday, October 24, 2001 5:33 PM Subject: [ ] stomach pain

HELP! I am really feeling much pain in my stomach and it only happens after I take the Imuran. Does anyone out there have the same problem with any of their meds? My GI gave me Reglan to take for this as she thinks I can hang in there and take the reglan to help with the stomach, but it is not helping at all. THis is really taking a toll on me as I hate having this problem! THanks for your input.

Another problem that I have is the horrific pain in my lower back behind the liver. It is like sharp jabs that just take away the breath from me. If it is not the stomach pain then it is the stabbing pain. Again, has anyone had this?

debby

Guest guest

Gayle, I am reading my mail backwards...have not been able to read it for two days cause I had company I had not seen in years! But, I am doing it right now!

debby

Debby, Call the doctor now don't put it off. I have the pain you do it is like attacks for me and I have a new liver. My pain was so bad last week I had to go to the hospital for a week. I had kidney infection, bile duct sludge, and they found a tumor on my kidney. Don't wait at all to have that much pain is ridiculous. gayle trans/6-99 ^oo^ galye@...

Guest guest

Bozena, like I mentioned in another post, I am reading these messages backwards and just am not reading yours. Yes, the pain is in my back. I thought it could have been a kidney stone, because the pain went down my front towards around where the ovaries are. (Except I don't have ovaries anymore). Anyway, I left a message with the answering service and hope they can get ahold of the doctor so I can see her tomorrow!

I hope it is nothing serious, and time will tell....right now, I think just getting some sleep will help more than anything!

debby

stomach pain>> HELP! I am really feeling much pain in my stomach and it only happensafter I take the Imuran. Does anyone out there have the same problem withany of their meds? My GI gave me Reglan to take for this as she thinks Ican hang in there and take the reglan to help with the stomach, but it isnot helping at all. THis is really taking a toll on me as I hate havingthis problem! THanks for your input.>> Another problem that I have is the horrific pain in my lower back behindthe liver. It is like sharp jabs that just take away the breath from me.If it is not the stomach pain then it is the stabbing pain. Again, hasanyone had this?> debby>

Guest guest

Hi Tex,

See if your doctor will order you some vicoden (hydrocodone).

Shireen

>From: " Tex Pueschel " <tdcc2000@...>

>Reply-

>< >

>Subject: Re: [ ] stomach pain

>Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2001 18:42:29 -0700

>

>Oh my gosh, I am truly going to die if I don't stop hurting and doubling

>over with the pain! I have got to call the doctor tomorrow!

>debby

> [ ] stomach pain

>

>

> If I do not take something for my stomach, the prednisone and the

>imuran

> cause me great stomach pain, I was taking previcid, than my doctor

>switched

> me to aciphex. gloria .

>

>

Guest guest

Shireen, I already have some of that med but it makes me so groggy and then really mean when I am coming off of it, so I can only take it on weekends! Horrible to say, but I just don't like the way it makes me feel....BUT it does kill the pain!

debby

[ ] stomach pain>>> If I do not take something for my stomach, the prednisone and the >imuran> cause me great stomach pain, I was taking previcid, than my doctor >switched> me to aciphex. gloria .>>

Guest guest

Tex,'

It is funny how meds affect us differently. Hydrocodone doesnt do that to

me at all. Percocett makes me dizzy and faint, but not hydrocodone. What

do you do when it is not weekend?

Shireen

>From: " Tex Pueschel " <tdcc2000@...>

>Reply-

>< >

>Subject: Re: [ ] stomach pain

>Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2001 19:36:07 -0800

>

>Shireen, I already have some of that med but it makes me so groggy and then

>really mean when I am coming off of it, so I can only take it on weekends!

>Horrible to say, but I just don't like the way it makes me feel....BUT it

>does kill the pain!

>debby

> [ ] stomach pain

> >

> >

> > If I do not take something for my stomach, the prednisone and the

> >imuran

> > cause me great stomach pain, I was taking previcid, than my doctor

> >switched

> > me to aciphex. gloria .

> >

> >

Guest guest

I am debby, and I don't do anything but suffer when it is not the weekend! It is hard, but I have to keep going. I teach first grade and CANNOT sleep or be mean at work! It just doesn't make it for me! So, I suffer and double over in pain during the week!

Vicodin also makes everything amplified in my head...if that makes any sense! Sounds just vibrate in my head and it drives me nuts! So, that is another reason I cannot take it during the day. I have taken it before during the day and in first grade it is NOT the drug to take when teaching for me anyway!

debby

[ ] stomach pain> >> >> > If I do not take something for my stomach, the prednisone and the> >imuran> > cause me great stomach pain, I was taking previcid, than my doctor> >switched> > me to aciphex. gloria .> >> >

Guest guest

Shireen,

Vicodin is like candy to me, I don't even feel any of it except helps a little bit with my Fibromyalgia which for me is an absolute monster I have so much pain I sit and cry some days from the pain.

gayle trans/6-99 ^oo^

galye@...

Guest guest

In a message dated 11/3/01 12:16:53 PM Mountain Standard Time, suerivoire@... writes:

Sue,

No you don't. I have 12 very major illnesses.

)

ps Gosh -- I wish I could be special for something besides having Celiac Disease and

gayle trans/6-99 ^oo^

galye@...

Guest guest

Debby--

Celiacs can have certain brands. I buy Yoplait Yogurt. Do you have access to a food list?

I use to wake up at 3:30 and take my meds, now I sleep in until 4:30. I'm not sure it works, but in my head it gives the prednisone and imuran a chance to be taken with yogurt. Did I read somewhere about not taking prednisone with water??? I'm not sure.

Sue (Oregon)

ps Gosh -- I wish I could be special for something besides having Celiac Disease and AIH! Lucky us.

-----Original Message-----From: Tex Pueschel [mailto:tdcc2000@...]Sent: Friday, October 26, 2001 8:39 PM Subject: Re: [ ] stomach pain

My mom was asking if I could try yogurt, but I didn't htink we could have it with the celiac. But to be able to eat it and go back to sleep! Wow, I am jealous! How I would LOVE to do that, but those little kids at school would never let me do that....plus, I don't think the Principal would like it at all!

debby

Dear Debby,

Sue (Oregon)

debby

Guest guest

In a message dated 11/3/01 11:16:46 AM Pacific Standard Time, suerivoire@... writes:

Did I read somewhere about not taking prednisone with water???

I haven't heard not to take prednisone with water! What would you take it with? However, I have heard that taking prednisone with antacids lessens the effectiveness of the prednisone.

Harper

Guest guest

Yeah Sue! Wish we COULD be different....but we have to deal with the cards we are dealt! This is so hard. I do have a food list somewhere, but to be honest...I have been so upset about this AIH due from not having the celiac being dx for all of my life! It all makes sense..the depression, the illnesses...etc! It is so horrible....but like I said, it is what we have and there is nothing that I CAN do except accept it!

I have been eating yogurt and it does seem to help to some extent. I still am having some stomach pain, but NOT like it was! I am convinced that the problems were the Imuran. But that has me worried too because my choices of drugs are narrowed if Imuran is not used. Someone asked me if I was going to be on the transplant list if I was put on Cellcept, and I told them I didn't know. I hope not...my doctor told me that I was a long way off from liver transplant. Heck, my LFT's were only like 225 at the highest....quite unlike many who are in the thousands! For that, I am quite thankful!

Goodness...I am writing a book....must get off and do some work!

debby

Dear Debby,

Sue (Oregon)

debby

Guest guest

(((((GAYLE))))))) I am so very very sorry for all that you have to go through! I will say an extra prayer for you!

debby

In a message dated 11/3/01 12:16:53 PM Mountain Standard Time, suerivoire@... writes: Sue, No you don't. I have 12 very major illnesses.

) ps Gosh -- I wish I could be special for something besides having Celiac Disease and gayle trans/6-99 ^oo^ galye@...

Guest guest

Debby,

I know all of this is difficult to accept. But you seem to be getting through it. I envy you.

gayle trans/6-99 ^oo^

galye@...

Guest guest

Hi Hiker,

Is it possible that you have an ulcer and/or an H. pylori infection?

I have trouble getting lactobacillus to colonize and other opportunists keep

stepping in (staph, klebsiella). My health care fellow says that often people

have an H. pylori infection. My primary care physician did one type of blood

test for it, but my other guy specializes in allergy & he says there are several

markers to test for it.

A GI doc. can also do a biopsy during an endoscopy.

I wish you well in your search for answers. Stomach pain is miserable.

Ellen

Stomach pain

I am new to the group...I am in treatment for Candida,

naturopathically, but no one seems to know why I'm having such

stomach pain or how to treat it. I have not been able to reach my

actual dose to kill the candida (I am titrating the homeopathics up

each week) because it creates more stomach pain. Any suggestions?

It is a deep burning pain that, as it worsens, I must constantly hold

a pillow to my stomach and cannot eat.

Thanxs, Hiker102002