RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

ph

Rate this topic

Guest guest

How much time apart from one another should antifungals & probiotics be

taken? l/2 hour or so or more?

....do not take the antifungals with the probiotics?

That is correct about taking antifungals and probiotics

> at the same time.

Guest guest

wrote:

>

> You have some misinformation. Candida thrives in an alkaline

> environment from everything I have read.

==>I don't think so. Explain why your body pours large amounts of

bicarbonate of soda into the duodenum to alkalize acids?

Bee

Guest guest

Probably because the small intestine doesn't have the protective mucosal

coating that the stomach does to protect it, and without alkalizing the

stomach acid, the small intestine would be one big ulcer. I don't see this

having anything to do with candida or parasites. I do agree, however, that

most diseases are began because of acidic bodies.

Ken

-- [ ] Re: ph

wrote:

>

==>I don't think so. Explain why your body pours large amounts of

bicarbonate of soda into the duodenum to alkalize acids?

Bee

Guest guest

I have not read which ph Candida thrives but this is the logic which

would tell me it thrives in acid environment. Candida inhabits the

same environment as probiotics do, our digestive tract, even when we

don't have Candida overgrowth. Probiotics thrive in this same

environment, mostly lactobacillus acidophilus. Lactobacillus

acidophilus is named for the environment is thrives in

best, 'acidophilus', as it is described as an 'acid loving bacteria'

and thus survives stomach acid for one thing. Candida inhabits same

areas of body as lactobacillus even when we are healthy and there is

no overgrowth problem so Candida must also thrive in acid

environment. When we have sore throat, we are told to gargle

with 'salt water' for this is the opposite of environment as usual

mouth also so anything loving the throat or mouth environment would

not do well is saltly water. Vagina also contains lactobacilus

bacteria. I would assume all entryways into body probably are on

acid side to kill microbes as they enter body, mouth and vagina and

they are locations where both lactobaccillus and Candida also

inhabit. Lactobaccilus bacteria playing a beneficial role and

Candida fungus being an unwelcomed invader kept at bay by the

lactobaccillus if all everything is as it should be. Since they are

inhabiting same area, I would think Candida are acid loving or at

least acid tolerant fungus.

>

>

Guest guest

Acid body might be different than acid digestive tract. Digestive

tract is part of your skin, defending your body from outside world.

Upper digestive tract may have to lower the acid content of food

coming from stomach, but may not lower acid level so much as to make

them alkaline but just lower in acid or perhaps corrects acid level

completely down to ph correct for body since digestive tract is so

blood vessel rich and absorbent. So perhaps it does lower ph to

perfect for your body and only mouth and stomach, vagina, those areas

that have direct contact with germs have the high ph, that would

include lining of nose and also ear canal. All those places that we

have trouble with Candida.

>

> Probably because the small intestine doesn't have the protective

mucosal

> coating that the stomach does to protect it,

Guest guest

There are ways and Dr D Weatherby has some very good clinical tests that can

be done together with interpretation.

Remember that all urine etc measurements are refelections of extra cellular

matrix and inferentially intracellular ph..the qx gives a hint of worhiness

to investigate further

try complete practitioners guide to take home testing

$48

www.health-alliances.com

Dr Kelsey PhD

T:++44 (0)121 243 6318

F: ++44 (0)870 460 1138

Birmingham, UK

pH

Gentlepeople,

Measuring cell pH is very difficult without a biopsy

(or an autopsy). You can get a close approximation

by purchasing some pH paper at the pharmacy.

A urine pH of 6.0 and a saliva pH of 6.5 is a fairly

good indication of a cell pH of 7.0-7.2. But, it's

only an indication.

Please don't use Alka Seltzer or Sodium Bicarbonate

because of the side effects. Rather use Potassium

Bicarbonate (KHCO3) to raise your cell pH.

Namaste,

Guest guest

Steak is the best!!! . see www.westonaprice.org for the ideal diets not loaded with political propaganda,etc.

From: "jadespring2003" <jadespring2003@...>Reply-qxci-english To: qxci-english Subject: phDate: Mon, 03 Oct 2005 17:26:59 -0000Here's the bottom line on ph. If you think you're going to get a trueph reading using a chemical like Alka seltzer Gold or baking soda,forget it. You need minerals like coral calcium and aloe powdertogether. sometimes you need three teaspoons of each a day. I'mlearning the hard way here...There are books by experts that toutusing baking soda is the way to go. Once again, we're giving the massmind false information. I just had a conversation with Dr. Marshallof PRL--a tough guy to get a hold of. He brings one back to earthreal fast. WHen you see red meat on your plate, just think, "That'staking away from my alklaline reserves and going over to acid." Chicken is better. Turkey is better. Red meat = bone loss. Low tryptothan levels are also telling one that our food absorption ispoor. As I move thru this process, I feel like I need to share these tidbitsof information with you. It makes me feel useful. Thanks forlistening. I know you are because I get a lot of e mails from qxers.is Rotella............................................

Guest guest

>

> ,

> I have not read which ph Candida thrives but this is the logic

which would tell me it thrives in acid environment. Candida

inhabits the same environment as probiotics do, our digestive tract,

even when we don't have Candida overgrowth. Probiotics thrive in

this same environment, mostly lactobacillus acidophilus.

Lactobacillus acidophilus is named for the environment is thrives in

> best, 'acidophilus', as it is described as an 'acid loving

bacteria' and thus survives stomach acid for one thing. Candida

inhabits same areas of body as lactobacillus even when we are

healthy and there is no overgrowth problem so Candida must also

thrive in acid environment.

==>That doesn't make sense Barb. Your stomach is acid, true, and

because it is a mucus membrane it also contains good bacteria

(lactobacillus) as well as candida, just like the mouth, nose,

sinuses, throat, esophagus, etc. However when food gets to the

duodenum the pancreas pours out bicarbonate of soda (baking soda) to

alkalize the chyme because the contents of the small intestine must

be alkaline. But candida and lactobacillus both thrive in all mucus

membranes and they are both very prolific in the small intestines,

which is alkaline.

Bee

Guest guest

>

> Acid body might be different than acid digestive tract. Digestive

> tract is part of your skin, defending your body from outside

world. Upper digestive tract may have to lower the acid content of

food coming from stomach, but may not lower acid level so much as

to make them alkaline but just lower in acid or perhaps corrects

acid level completely down to ph correct for body since digestive

tract is so blood vessel rich and absorbent. So perhaps it does

lower ph to perfect for your body and only mouth and stomach,

vagina, those areas that have direct contact with germs have the

high ph, that would include lining of nose and also ear canal. All

those places that we have trouble with Candida.

==>Barb, I suggest you read a number of articles on the internet

about digestion and how it works. The pH in the intestines is very

very low and the pH in the stomach is very very high - the way it

should be. Discussing acidity and alkalinity doesn't help candida

sufferers in any way. The whole issue is just a fad - see the

article on it by Dr. Price in our files. This discussion needs to

be dropped.

Bee

Guest guest

Some autists ( and other people also) have high pH due to Ammonia.The reason for this that have been explained are threefold,high intake of proteins, A liver not functioning well enough to making urea from ammonia fast enough,

and perhaps the most common reason,bacteria ( Helicobacter pylori - and others) producing urea splitting enzymes Urease, som making NH3. Some of this urease also get its way into blood sirkulation, producing ammonia through all body...

So -- have a test for - Helicobacter pylori, and for urea / ammonia..Typically they get dilated pupils.Geir FlatabøOn 7/14/06, Miles

<awex@...> wrote:I have just today tested Ralph's spit and urine with ph test papers.

They were both alkaline. I thought that most, if not all autistic kidshad an acid gut environment that caused unwanted bacteria to grow. Anybiochemists on this list able to comment? Miles

Guest guest

Well, I'm far from a biochemist but since has acid reflux and is on proton pump inhibitors to stop the production of stomach acid, I have done a little snooping around to find out about how this chemically enforced alkalinity will affect his gut and immunity.

Firstly Dr Natasha says that most GAPS kids have reduced stomach acids and she even goes so far as to advocate for supplementing with pepsin (stomach acid). The lack of acid apparently is far worse for the immunity than the overproduction of acid. (This is also what I found in allopathic medical journals as well, so it's not some far-fetched idea that she's developed.) She recommends drinking cabbage juice before a meal to stimulate acid in the stomach among other things.

The lack of acid in the stomach can cause serious chronic infections and overgrowth of fungi and pathogenic opportunistic bacteria. The lack of acid can even cause very serious infections to develop in the stomach, where they would ususally never survive in such an acidic environment. She lists at least 6 types of bacteria and fungi that thrive in the stomach in a low acid environment - one of them candida!!

I was quite surprised to hear that she believes GAPS (gut and psychology syndrome) patients have such reduced acid as so many of them have reflux. BUT the incidence of reflux is unrelated to the actual ph levels of the stomach.

I don't know if this is helpful but maybe it might put some pieces together for you.

Regards,

Darla

In a message dated 14/07/2006 19:14:38 GMT Standard Time, awex@... writes:

I have just today tested Ralph's spit and urine with ph test papers. They were both alkaline. I thought that most, if not all autistic kids had an acid gut environment that caused unwanted bacteria to grow. Any biochemists on this list able to comment? Miles

Guest guest

Interestingly I just went back and checked the ph values on 's work up from Feb. He was off of the PPI for 5 days prior to this test. His faecal ph was 8 so still quite alkaline even when off of the PPI. But I also noticed that he had an unusually high Alpha-1 antitrypsin faecal reading of 0.98 mg/g. I just googled this and it marks the protein loss that he was having from the acute diahhreah and it is often high in kids with pathogenic bacteria and parasites. Why didn't the stinkin' paed tell us this at the time??????

I guess this helps to explain why, when I started him on the probiotics and reduced the excessive caesin proteins that he was ingesting, his stools improved along with many other things. Unfortunately he has developed another round of fever, vomiting and diahhreah and his stools are vinegary again.

Sooo....I'm saying all this because the 3 items that you list below all seem to make sense for him...therefore...why keep him on this bloody PPI???? It must be making things so much worse for him. I don't think his reflux is persisting at this time, I think he has finally grown out of it as we hoped he would. If only he could tell me whether or not he is still refluxing!!!!!!

sorry....rambling.

Anyway, if you did find high urea and the bacteria you mentioned, then what would you do to remedy the problems?

Darla

In a message dated 15/07/2006 18:42:46 GMT Standard Time, rexel45@... writes:

Some autists ( and other people also) have high pH due to Ammonia.The reason for this that have been explained are threefold,high intake of proteins,A liver not functioning well enough to making urea from ammonia fast enough,and perhaps the most common reason,bacteria ( Helicobacter pylori - and others) producing urea splittingenzymes Urease, som making NH3. Some of this urease also get its way intoblood sirkulation, producing ammonia through all body...So -- have a test for - Helicobacter pylori, and for urea / ammonia..Typically they get dilated pupils.Geir Flatabø

Guest guest

On 7/15/06, rexel45@... <rexel45@...> wrote:

Well, I'm far from a biochemist but since has acid reflux and is on proton pump inhibitors to stop the production of stomach acid, I have done a little snooping around to find out about how this chemically enforced alkalinity will affect his gut and immunity.Of course , the acis is made for some usefulness,the proteases in stomach needs acid to work, and is also nhibitied by proton pump inhibitors.

Firstly Dr Natasha says that most GAPS kids have reduced stomach acids and she even goes so far as to advocate for supplementing with pepsin (stomach acid). Pepsin is a protease, HCl is the acid.

The lack of acid apparently is far worse for the immunity than the overproduction of acid. (This is also what I found in allopathic medical journals as well, so it's not some far-fetched idea that she's developed.) She recommends drinking cabbage juice before a meal to stimulate acid in the stomach among other things.

The lack of acid in the stomach can cause serious chronic infections and overgrowth of fungi and pathogenic opportunistic bacteria. The lack of acid can even cause very serious infections to develop in the stomach, where they would ususally never survive in such an acidic environment. She lists at least 6 types of bacteria and fungi that thrive in the stomach in a low acid environment - one of them candida!!

I was quite surprised to hear that she believes GAPS (gut and psychology syndrome) patients have such reduced acid as so many of them have reflux. BUT the incidence of reflux is unrelated to the actual ph levels of the stomach. Because that has to do with the function of a hypertone pylorus and a sluggish cardia sphincter. Food allergies seem to trigger this dysfunction..Geir Flatabø

I don't know if this is helpful but maybe it might put some pieces together for you.

Regards,

Darla

In a message dated 14/07/2006 19:14:38 GMT Standard Time, awex@... writes:

I have just today tested Ralph's spit and urine with ph test papers. They were both alkaline. I thought that most, if not all autistic kids had an acid gut environment that caused unwanted bacteria to grow. Any biochemists on this list able to comment? Miles

Guest guest

Before PPI were invented , reflux always was treated with differrent alginate / bicarbonate stuff, in Norway called Gaviscon, you might try that anyway.What to do when having Urease pruducing bacteria ??Well the story don`t tell, except if it is Helicobacter, different " triple antibiotic " treatment regimens are used, because itis rather tough -- except from that,

lots of probotic, perhaps some Saccharomyces boulardiiGeir FlatabøOn 7/15/06, rexel45@... <

rexel45@...> wrote:

Interestingly I just went back and checked the ph values on 's work up from Feb. He was off of the PPI for 5 days prior to this test. His faecal ph was 8 so still quite alkaline even when off of the PPI. But I also noticed that he had an unusually high Alpha-1 antitrypsin faecal reading of 0.98 mg/g. I just googled this and it marks the protein loss that he was having from the acute diahhreah and it is often high in kids with pathogenic bacteria and parasites. Why didn't the stinkin' paed tell us this at the time??????

I guess this helps to explain why, when I started him on the probiotics and reduced the excessive caesin proteins that he was ingesting, his stools improved along with many other things. Unfortunately he has developed another round of fever, vomiting and diahhreah and his stools are vinegary again.

Sooo....I'm saying all this because the 3 items that you list below all seem to make sense for him...therefore...why keep him on this bloody PPI???? It must be making things so much worse for him. I don't think his reflux is persisting at this time, I think he has finally grown out of it as we hoped he would. If only he could tell me whether or not he is still refluxing!!!!!!

sorry....rambling.

Anyway, if you did find high urea and the bacteria you mentioned, then what would you do to remedy the problems?

Darla

In a message dated 15/07/2006 18:42:46 GMT Standard Time,

rexel45@... writes:

Some autists ( and other people also) have high pH due to Ammonia.The reason for this that have been explained are threefold,high intake of proteins,A liver not functioning well enough to making urea from ammonia fast enough,and perhaps the most common reason,bacteria ( Helicobacter pylori - and others) producing urea splittingenzymes Urease, som making NH3. Some of this urease also get its way intoblood sirkulation, producing ammonia through all body...So -- have a test for - Helicobacter pylori, and for urea / ammonia..Typically they get dilated pupils.Geir Flatabø

Guest guest

Don't forget there's mastic gum for h.pylori if you want to avoid

antibiotics.

Mark

> >

> > Some autists ( and other people also) have high pH due to Ammonia.

> > The reason for this that have been explained are threefold,

> > high intake of proteins,

> > A liver not functioning well enough to making urea from ammonia

fast

> > enough,

> > and perhaps the most common reason,

> > bacteria ( Helicobacter pylori - and others) producing urea

splitting

> > enzymes Urease, som making NH3. Some of this urease also get its

way

> > into

> > blood sirkulation, producing ammonia through all body...

> > So -- have a test for - Helicobacter pylori, and for urea /

ammonia..

> >

> > Typically they get dilated pupils.

> >

> > Geir Flatabø

> >

> >

> >

> >

>

Guest guest

Yes there are, and lots of other stuff,but I have seen no proof that it in fact eradicates Helicobakter..Perhaps some one have tried it with autists ??GeirOn 7/17/06, Mark Land <ml4nd@...> wrote:

Don't forget there's mastic gum for h.pylori if you want to avoidantibiotics.Mark> >> > Some autists ( and other people also) have high pH due to Ammonia.> > The reason for this that have been explained are threefold,

> > high intake of proteins,> > A liver not functioning well enough to making urea from ammoniafast> > enough,> > and perhaps the most common reason,> > bacteria ( Helicobacter pylori - and others) producing urea

splitting> > enzymes Urease, som making NH3. Some of this urease also get itsway> > into> > blood sirkulation, producing ammonia through all body...> > So -- have a test for - Helicobacter pylori, and for urea /

ammonia..> >> > Typically they get dilated pupils.> >> > Geir Flatabø> >> >> >> >>

Guest guest

Mastic Gum Kills Helicobacter pylori.

Source: New England Journal of Medicine.

Authors: Farhad U. Huwez, M.R.C.P., Ph.D.; Barnet General Hospital,

Barnet, Herts EN5 3DJ, United Kingdom; Debbie Thirlwell, B.Sc.; Alan

Cockayne, Ph.D.; Dlawer A.A. Aladeen, Ph.D., M.R.C. Path.; University

Hospital, Nottingham, NG7 2UH, United Kingdom

Even low doses of mastic gum -- 1 g per day for two weeks -- can cure

peptic ulcers very rapidly, but the mechanism responsible has not

been clear. We have found that mastic is active against Helicobacter

pylori, which could explain its therapeutic effect in patients with

peptic ulcers.

Mastic is a resinous exudate obtained from the stem and the main

leaves of Pistacia lentiscus. It is used as a food ingredient in the

Mediterranean region. Clinically, mastic has been effective in the

treatment of benign gastric ulcers (1) and duodenal ulcers. (2) In

rats, mastic showed cytoprotective and mild antisecretory properties.

(3) We assessed the antibacterial properties of mastic against H.

pylori.

The H. pylori strains NCTC 11637 (a standard reference strain) and

six fresh clinical isolates (three were sensitive and three were

resistant to metronidazole) were maintained by passage on 7 percent

horse chocolate blood agar or in IsoSensitest broth (with 5 percent

fetal-calf serum) at 37°C in a microaerobic atmosphere (6 percent

oxygen and 5 percent carbon dioxide in nitrogen).

Mastic was prepared as a stock solution in ethanol at a concentration

of 50 mg per milliliter and diluted in the broth culture (containing

107 cells of H. pylori per milliliter) for a final concentration

ranging from 0.0075 to 1.0 mg per milliliter. Ethanol was added to

control cultures at appropriate concentrations. The cultures were

incubated, 10-µl aliquots were obtained and seeded on agar plates at

various times for up to 48 hours, and the minimal bactericidal

concentrations (the minimal concentration of drug required to kill

99.9 percent of the organisms in the medium after overnight

incubation) were determined.

Mastic killed the H. pylori NCTC 11637 strain and the six clinical

isolates (reduction in the viable count by a factor of 1000)

irrespective of the organism's level of susceptibility to

nitroimidazoles. The minimal bactericidal concentration at 24 hours

for all strains that were studied was 0.06 mg of the crude mastic per

milliliter. At lower concentrations, bacterial growth was still

significantly inhibited, with a clear postantibiotic effect even at

the lowest concentration used, 0.0075 mg per milliliter. Mastic

induced clear ultrastructural changes in the organism, as

demonstrated by transmission electron microscopy (data not shown).

These results suggest that mastic has definite antibacterial activity

against H. pylori. This activity may at least partly explain the anti-

peptic-ulcer properties of mastic. (1,2) Examination of the anti-H.

pylori effect of the various constituents of mastic, which have been

recently identified, (4) may pinpoint the active ingredient. Mastic

is cheap and widely available in Third World countries; therefore,

our data should have important implications for the management of

peptic ulcers in developing countries.

References:

* 1. Huwez FU, Al-Habbal MJ. Mastic in treatment of benign

gastric ulcers. Gastroenterol Japon 1986;21:273-4.

* 2. Al-Habbal MJ, Al-Habbal Z, Huwez FU. A double-blind

controlled clinical trial of mastic and placebo in the treatment of

duodenal ulcer. J Clin Exp Pharm Physiol 1984;11:541-4.

* 3. Al-Said MS, Ageel AM, Parmar NS, Tariq M. Evaluation of

mastic, a crude drug obtained from Pistacia lentiscus for gastric and

duodenal anti-ulcer activity. J Ethnopharmacol 1986;15:271-8.

* 4. Papageorgiou VP, Bakola-Christianopoulou MN, Apazidou KK,

Psarros EE. Gas chromatographic-mass spectroscopic analysis of the

acidic triterpenic fraction of mastic gum. J Chromatogr 1997;769:263-

> > > >

> > > > Some autists ( and other people also) have high pH due to

Ammonia.

> > > > The reason for this that have been explained are threefold,

> > > > high intake of proteins,

> > > > A liver not functioning well enough to making urea from

ammonia

> > fast

> > > > enough,

> > > > and perhaps the most common reason,

> > > > bacteria ( Helicobacter pylori - and others) producing urea

> > splitting

> > > > enzymes Urease, som making NH3. Some of this urease also get

its

> > way

> > > > into

> > > > blood sirkulation, producing ammonia through all body...

> > > > So -- have a test for - Helicobacter pylori, and for urea /

> > ammonia..

> > > >

> > > > Typically they get dilated pupils.

> > > >

> > > > Geir Flatabø

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> > DISCLAIMER

> > No information contained in this post is to be construed as

medical

> > advice. If you need medical advice, please seek it from a

suitably qualified

> > practitioner.

> >

> >

Guest guest

THis was an in vitro study, so no definitive proof, but

of course it might eradicate Helicobacter, not just suppress.. ??

Do you also have the prescription readings..

dosage, time of usage.

If it kills Helicobacter, it certainly also ought to kill other gut bugs ! ??

Geir Flatab¸

On 7/19/06, Mark Land <ml4nd@...> wrote:

Mastic Gum Kills Helicobacter pylori.Source: New England Journal of Medicine.Authors: Farhad U. Huwez, M.R.C.P., Ph.D.; Barnet General Hospital,Barnet, Herts EN5 3DJ, United Kingdom; Debbie Thirlwell, B.Sc.; AlanCockayne, Ph.D.; Dlawer A.A. Aladeen, Ph.D., M.R.C. Path.; UniversityHospital, Nottingham, NG7 2UH, United Kingdom

Even low doses of mastic gum -- 1 g per day for two weeks -- can curepeptic ulcers very rapidly, but the mechanism responsible has notbeen clear. We have found that mastic is active against Helicobacter

pylori, which could explain its therapeutic effect in patients withpeptic ulcers.Mastic is a resinous exudate obtained from the stem and the mainleaves of Pistacia lentiscus. It is used as a food ingredient in the

Mediterranean region. Clinically, mastic has been effective in thetreatment of benign gastric ulcers (1) and duodenal ulcers. (2) Inrats, mastic showed cytoprotective and mild antisecretory properties.(3) We assessed the antibacterial properties of mastic against H.

pylori.The H. pylori strains NCTC 11637 (a standard reference strain) andsix fresh clinical isolates (three were sensitive and three wereresistant to metronidazole) were maintained by passage on 7 percent

horse chocolate blood agar or in IsoSensitest broth (with 5 percentfetal-calf serum) at 37°C in a microaerobic atmosphere (6 percentoxygen and 5 percent carbon dioxide in nitrogen).Mastic was prepared as a stock solution in ethanol at a concentration

of 50 mg per milliliter and diluted in the broth culture (containing107 cells of H. pylori per milliliter) for a final concentrationranging from 0.0075 to 1.0 mg per milliliter. Ethanol was added tocontrol cultures at appropriate concentrations. The cultures were

incubated, 10-µl aliquots were obtained and seeded on agar plates atvarious times for up to 48 hours, and the minimal bactericidalconcentrations (the minimal concentration of drug required to kill99.9 percent of the organisms in the medium after overnight

incubation) were determined.Mastic killed the H. pylori NCTC 11637 strain and the six clinicalisolates (reduction in the viable count by a factor of 1000)irrespective of the organism's level of susceptibility to

nitroimidazoles. The minimal bactericidal concentration at 24 hoursfor all strains that were studied was 0.06 mg of the crude mastic permilliliter. At lower concentrations, bacterial growth was stillsignificantly inhibited, with a clear postantibiotic effect even at

the lowest concentration used, 0.0075 mg per milliliter. Masticinduced clear ultrastructural changes in the organism, asdemonstrated by transmission electron microscopy (data not shown).These results suggest that mastic has definite antibacterial activity

against H. pylori. This activity may at least partly explain the anti-peptic-ulcer properties of mastic. (1,2) Examination of the anti-H.pylori effect of the various constituents of mastic, which have been

recently identified, (4) may pinpoint the active ingredient. Masticis cheap and widely available in Third World countries; therefore,our data should have important implications for the management ofpeptic ulcers in developing countries.

References: * 1. Huwez FU, Al-Habbal MJ. Mastic in treatment of benigngastric ulcers. Gastroenterol Japon 1986;21:273-4. * 2. Al-Habbal MJ, Al-Habbal Z, Huwez FU. A double-blindcontrolled clinical trial of mastic and placebo in the treatment of

duodenal ulcer. J Clin Exp Pharm Physiol 1984;11:541-4. * 3. Al-Said MS, Ageel AM, Parmar NS, Tariq M. Evaluation ofmastic, a crude drug obtained from Pistacia lentiscus for gastric andduodenal anti-ulcer activity. J Ethnopharmacol 1986;15:271-8.

* 4. Papageorgiou VP, Bakola-Christianopoulou MN, Apazidou KK,Psarros EE. Gas chromatographic-mass spectroscopic analysis of theacidic triterpenic fraction of mastic gum. J Chromatogr 1997;769:263-73.

> > > >> > > > Some autists ( and other people also) have high pH due toAmmonia.> > > > The reason for this that have been explained are threefold,> > > > high intake of proteins,

> > > > A liver not functioning well enough to making urea fromammonia> > fast> > > > enough,> > > > and perhaps the most common reason,> > > > bacteria ( Helicobacter pylori - and others) producing urea

> > splitting> > > > enzymes Urease, som making NH3. Some of this urease also getits> > way> > > > into> > > > blood sirkulation, producing ammonia through all body...

> > > > So -- have a test for - Helicobacter pylori, and for urea /> > ammonia..> > > >> > > > Typically they get dilated pupils.> > > >> > > > Geir Flatabø

> > > >> > > >> > > >> > > >> > >> >> >> >> >> >> >> >> >> > DISCLAIMER

> > No information contained in this post is to be construed asmedical> > advice. If you need medical advice, please seek it from asuitably qualified> > practitioner.> >

> >

Guest guest

>

> Some autists ( and other people also) have high pH due to Ammonia.

> The reason for this that have been explained are threefold,

> high intake of proteins,

> A liver not functioning well enough to making urea from ammonia

fast enough,

> and perhaps the most common reason,

> bacteria ( Helicobacter pylori - and others) producing urea

splitting

> enzymes Urease, som making NH3. Some of this urease also get its

way into

> blood sirkulation, producing ammonia through all body...

> So -- have a test for - Helicobacter pylori, and for urea /

ammonia..

>

> Typically they get dilated pupils.

>

> Geir Flatabø

Hi Geir,

That sounds like a major piece of our puzzle. We get intermittently

dilated pupils, which I had never linked up with stomach bugs

although gets massive amounts of stomach wind and he goes

really 'off' when this occurs. He eats lots of meat. We know he has

low stomach acid (Biolab, London, test).

He also has chronic post-nasal drip, which seems to exacerbate the

fermentation(?) in his stomach. I always thought the bugs came down

from his nose and were possibly strep. Does strep produces urease? Do

you know the names of the other urease producing bugs off-hand - I'm

pretty sure the one(s) we're looking for ferment glycerol too.

I think you can get a breath test for H pylori. Would the

ammonia/urea have to be a blood test - now flatly refuses to co-

operate on sight of the needle and short of bringing in the England

rugby team I don't think anyone will hold him. He's 22.

Sorry for all the questions.

Many thanks

Patience.

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

>

Guest guest

The first three links under 'Q & A' of this page give info on

dosages, evidence, feedback from people who have used it etc. Also

advocates bioflavonoids in conjunction with mastic gum; in particular

quercetin:

http://www.whatreallyworks.co.uk/start/search.asp?

userSearch=mastic & x=0 & y=0

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Some autists ( and other people also) have high pH due to

> > Ammonia.

> > > > > > The reason for this that have been explained are

threefold,

> > > > > > high intake of proteins,

> > > > > > A liver not functioning well enough to making urea from

> > ammonia

> > > > fast

> > > > > > enough,

> > > > > > and perhaps the most common reason,

> > > > > > bacteria ( Helicobacter pylori - and others) producing

urea

> > > > splitting

> > > > > > enzymes Urease, som making NH3. Some of this urease also

get

> > its

> > > > way

> > > > > > into

> > > > > > blood sirkulation, producing ammonia through all body...

> > > > > > So -- have a test for - Helicobacter pylori, and for

urea /

> > > > ammonia..

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Typically they get dilated pupils.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Geir Flatabø

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > > DISCLAIMER

> > > > No information contained in this post is to be construed as

> > medical

> > > > advice. If you need medical advice, please seek it from a

> > suitably qualified

> > > > practitioner.

> > > >

> > > >

Guest guest

In a message dated 19/07/2006 23:15:00 GMT Standard Time, onthesosh@... writes:

now flatly refuses to co-operate on sight of the needle and short of bringing in the England rugby team I don't think anyone will hold him. He's 22.

Suddenly holding down my two year for bloodwork old doesn't seem so bad!!!!

Darla

Guest guest

Hi Geir,That sounds like a major piece of our puzzle. We get intermittentlydilated pupils, which I had never linked up with stomach bugs

although gets massive amounts of stomach wind and he goesreally 'off' when this occurs. He eats lots of meat. We know he haslow stomach acid (Biolab, London, test).He also has chronic post-nasal drip, which seems to exacerbate the

fermentation(?) in his stomach. I always thought the bugs came downfrom his nose and were possibly strep. Does strep produces urease?

Never heard about that, and I guess not, the urease production is I think linked to bacteria living in urea rich environments, and low oxygen environments.

Doyou know the names of the other urease producing bugs off-hand -

Perhaps a google search would give an answer.?

I'mpretty sure the one(s) we're looking for ferment glycerol too.

I guess lots of bacteria will do.

I think you can get a breath test for H pylori. Would theammonia/urea have to be a blood test - now flatly refuses to co-

operate on sight of the needle and short of bringing in the Englandrugby team I don't think anyone will hold him. He's 22.Sorry for all the questions.Many thanksPatience.

I think the test is taking urease producing bacteria in generla, and is not Helicobacter specific,

but that does not matter.

Geir Flatabø

Guest guest

In a message dated 15/07/2006 19:21:19 GMT Daylight Time, rexel45@... writes:

I just googled this and it marks the protein loss that he was having from the acute diahhreah and it is often high in kids with pathogenic bacteria and parasites. Why didn't the stinkin' paed tell us this at the time??????

>>>Coz the paed does not have a clue......................

Mandi x

Guest guest

In a message dated 15/07/2006 19:21:19 GMT Daylight Time, rexel45@... writes:

I just googled this and it marks the protein loss that he was having from the acute diahhreah and it is often high in kids with pathogenic bacteria and parasites. Why didn't the stinkin' paed tell us this at the time??????

>>>Coz the paed does not have a clue......................

Mandi x