Hi,

An acid PH doesn't cause candida but it does allow it to multiply

faster throughout your system. To alkalize your system, eat or drink

lots of greens...and stay away from dairy, meats, grains, etc. There

are many acid/alkaline charts online that can help you get specific

food Ph counts. This is part of the reason that many people get

relief and overcome the problem by adding colon cleansers to their

program which help to eliminate some of the mucus lining and increase

the food transit time through your system each day.

Hope this helps.

>

> Hello people. i'm new here.

>

> Does anyone know if an acid pH can cause candida?

>

> I'm trying to find the cause of my problem because i now believe

that

> taking antifungals is useless in the long run, it eases the pain

but

> doesnt cure the problem.

>

> Bye

> N.D.

Guest guest

Can I purchase a good quality CS product in my health food store, or do I

need to order this stuff online?

> Jen,† I'd like to have a nickel for every time I heard this statement

>about silver being a heavy metal, I would be a rich man.

>The term " heavy metal " was coined by some 'arm chair chemist' probably a

>dr, in reference to metals such as lead, mercury, and cadmium, which are

>extremely toxic to the human body.

>Silver, gold, and platinum are called 'nobel metals', which are inert,

>non-toxic, and have NO side effects to the human body.

>The drug companies, pharms, and FDA have spread tons of propaganda in

>regards to CS, in order to try an convince people that silver is toxic

>to the system, when in fact it is not.† If the truth be known the FDA

> " KNOWS " how great colloidal silver works, and they (the pharms) are

>losing millions, because people have wised up to the great benefits and

>natural healing qualities,† of a good quality made CS.

>Also, if people would check the FDA report under 'The dietary Supplement

>Health & Education Act' they will find that Colloidal silver is APPROVED

>as a " dietary supplement " by the FDA.

>Common sense tells you that you can buy CS in any health food store

>around the country.† Obviously, if it was harmful, toxic, or killing

>people the gov would not allow it to be sold in these stores anymore.

>But isn't it strange that people spend billions on drugs, which don't

>work, but they do ruin the immune system, destroy organs,† adds tons of

>toxins to the blood and virtually KILLS tens of thousands of Americans

>every year.† Go figure.

>

>I wonder how many people bother to ask their physician about the

>specific constituents or potential side effects of the drugs he

>prescribes and they took without question?† Just a point to ponder.

>CS is totally safe, harmless, with no side effects, totally natural,

>dirt cheap by comparison to prescription drugs and has proven itself† to

>be more effective overall than anything and everything the pharms have

>in their arsenal, but yet CS is picked to pieces by 'ignorant arm chair

>chemists' who refuse to 'educate themselves to the facts' about

>Colloidal Silver.† CS is truly God's miracle metal, which he put on this

>earth to HEAL all mankind

Guest guest

<PRE>your ph should be around 7.0. if its too acid it creates a better

envirement

for bacteria and fungus to overgrow. get some ph test strips at a drug store

and check your urine ph, its a pretty good indicator of blood ph. if its to

acid start drinking green juice's. that will take care of your problem..p.s.

throw away the anti-fungals

Guest guest

Pattie,

Was sorry to hear that ph was in the ER. Hope he gets over the virus

soon and that the Augmenten 600 holds up. Will be praying for him.

Martha

Guest guest

he started the Aug 600 on Sat morning-- theped checked him today and one side of

his sinuses is swollen, but the other is looking a lot better. THANKS for the

prayers! How are things on your end?

Pattie

Pattie,

Was sorry to hear that ph was in the ER. Hope he gets over the virus

soon and that the Augmenten 600 holds up. Will be praying for him.

Martha

Guest guest

Pattie-

Sorry tohear about ph having togo to the ER. That is where Imay be

later with Abby. She is screaming her ear hurts. And I mean screaming the

motrin isn't touchng qanything. It is helping with the fever. It is 101.0

I don't know what to do with her. Nothing seems to be helping.

I am ready to scream with her. Bill is lying with her right now.

>From: " Pattie Curran " <paxchristi@...>

>Reply-

> " Pattie Curran " <paxchristi@...>

>Subject: ph

>Date: Mon, 16 Dec 2002 20:18:05 -0500

>

>Last night at the hospital while lying there with ph, I was thinking,

> " Hey, maybe IVIG will be a good thing. " The ped echoed my feelings today.

>He didn't move much-- had us REALLY scared. He didn't even want me to read

>books to him!!! He was just in la la land.

>

>ph had been listless and then his temp went up over 102.5 ...so we had

>to go to the ER for counts and cultures and U/A...... he was a little

>dehydrated so they went ahead and gave him IV fluids. He was able to leave

>with a 101 temp...but we had to f/u with the ped today.

>

>His sinus infection is better-- they did not give him IV rocephin b/c of

>him being allergic to cefzil and omnicef. He seems to have another nasty

>virus on top of his last one which turned into a sinus infection-- let's

>hope he gets over it before he finishes the Augmentin 600!

>

>he is a little better tonight-- not 100%, but at least he is walking on his

>own. Hopefully his temp will go away and we won;t have to make any more

>trips this week!

>

> ><>Pattie

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

Guest guest

(((HUGS))) ...I hope you don;t have to go to the ER. POOR Abby!

Give her a hug from us!

Pattie

Pattie-

Sorry tohear about ph having togo to the ER. That is where Imay be

later with Abby. She is screaming her ear hurts. And I mean screaming the

motrin isn't touchng qanything. It is helping with the fever. It is 101.0

I don't know what to do with her. Nothing seems to be helping.

I am ready to scream with her. Bill is lying with her right now.

Guest guest

IndianaJann asked a question regarding pH and indeed it has been a confusing journey for me to understand this pH phenomena. Some writers have even made up their own pH scales, which is even more confusing. I would also like to know what the pH on the QX is in reference to. It seems that it would match the ideal saliva readings from what I know.

I just took a class that made sense of the pH dilemma, which was presented by Dr. Harold Kristal, D.D.S. and Haig, N.C. - see www.bloodph.com As they describe it, there are two main categories people fit into. You are either an Oxidative Type (a Fast or Slow Oxidizer) or you are an Autonomic Type ( Parasympathetic or Sympathetic). The Fast and Parasympathetic actually have ( what is termed as) Alkaline Blood, the definition being that the blood is ideally at 7.46 and the Alkaline type person is a "little" over that. Whereas, the Slow Oxidizer and Sympathetic Types are a "little" below 7.46 and are said to have acid blood by reference. The blood has to stay in a very tight range or you are out of this world. The Slow Oxidizers and the Sympathetics actually do best on alkaline foods with a little chicken or fish ( similar to that of the "A" Blood types) and the Parasympathetics and Fast Oxidizers do better on Acid Foods, ( similar to the O and B blood types). Now, what is interesting is that the SO and the S keep the ratings of alkaline foods and acid foods as they are, and the PS and FO actually turn the pH of the foods around systemically. Kristal and Haig also reference blood types - but state that it is only part of the story. This finally made sense to me since I am an O and my husband is an A, we are both able to maintain a normal pH eating completely from different pH levels of foods. There system is "Metabolic Typing" and they have written a great book on the subject, "The Nutrition Solution". They were written up in the Townsend Newsletter. Wolcott was the originator of Metabolic Typing, but does not give seminars to teach you how to perform the tests. They recommend two diets to get your system back to its ideal homeostasis and also provide typing for Syndrome X, Diabetes, Hypoglycemia, complete with its' own diet and nutritional products. The testing takes a little over two hours with glucose testing, etc.

Sorry this is so long winded, but I think very important.

Now, it would be nice, and I think very possible, for the QX to type a person. Is this possible???

The best to you,

Guest guest

Very good imput, ! I was just wandering about this topic, and I would have asked about it. You explained a big deal . Noel

-----Oorspronkelijk bericht-----Van: Savinelli [mailto:nankin@...]Verzonden: woensdag 9 april 2003 0:26Aan: qxci-english Onderwerp: Re: pH

IndianaJann asked a question regarding pH and indeed it has been a confusing journey for me to understand this pH phenomena. Some writers have even made up their own pH scales, which is even more confusing. I would also like to know what the pH on the QX is in reference to. It seems that it would match the ideal saliva readings from what I know.

I just took a class that made sense of the pH dilemma, which was presented by Dr. Harold Kristal, D.D.S. and Haig, N.C. - see www.bloodph.com As they describe it, there are two main categories people fit into. You are either an Oxidative Type (a Fast or Slow Oxidizer) or you are an Autonomic Type ( Parasympathetic or Sympathetic). The Fast and Parasympathetic actually have ( what is termed as) Alkaline Blood, the definition being that the blood is ideally at 7.46 and the Alkaline type person is a "little" over that. Whereas, the Slow Oxidizer and Sympathetic Types are a "little" below 7.46 and are said to have acid blood by reference. The blood has to stay in a very tight range or you are out of this world. The Slow Oxidizers and the Sympathetics actually do best on alkaline foods with a little chicken or fish ( similar to that of the "A" Blood types) and the Parasympathetics and Fast Oxidizers do better on Acid Foods, ( similar to the O and B blood types). Now, what is interesting is that the SO and the S keep the ratings of alkaline foods and acid foods as they are, and the PS and FO actually turn the pH of the foods around systemically. Kristal and Haig also reference blood types - but state that it is only part of the story. This finally made sense to me since I am an O and my husband is an A, we are both able to maintain a normal pH eating completely from different pH levels of foods. There system is "Metabolic Typing" and they have written a great book on the subject, "The Nutrition Solution". They were written up in the Townsend Newsletter. Wolcott was the originator of Metabolic Typing, but does not give seminars to teach you how to perform the tests. They recommend two diets to get your system back to its ideal homeostasis and also provide typing for Syndrome X, Diabetes, Hypoglycemia, complete with its' own diet and nutritional products. The testing takes a little over two hours with glucose testing, etc.

Sorry this is so long winded, but I think very important.

Now, it would be nice, and I think very possible, for the QX to type a person. Is this possible???

The best to you, ............................................

Guest guest

dear sylvia,

i know this problem very well, and haven´t really found a satisfying answer.

but what seemed to make sense was, when i read that that high proton pressure could indicate fungus and/or bacteria burden in blood/body.

also: it could indicate a desiscion, that has not been taken yet as an emotional point of view.

i am sure, too, that the bottom of a proton reading over 80 is a veeeeery longterm acidity.

it´s somehow got to do with bicarb production, maybe someone else could explain this, who knows better?

marlene

ph

I still find that the majority of people in this country is testing 'too alkaline', protons above 80 most of them and I have a problem accepting that high protons is alkalinity. When I test the same person with a biotensor they are too acid which seems more likely to me as most are on a meat-eating, high alcohol, unhealthy diet here.

Reading this info below should it not be that high protons are high acidity? It might be my understanding of english, but here it stands black on white that the more protons the more acid their system is?

This is on the Injury page, top left corner - Information on the Terrain tab, please explain again:

The ph is the inverse log of the proton pressure or the available protons. Acids accept electrons because they are mostly protons. The more protons the more acid the system. The eh is the inverse log of the of the electron pressure or the available electrons. Bases donate electrons. With our sophisticated electrical system we can measure the ph and eh electrically.

We can add electrons to an over acid system, or neutralize excesses. - How would I do this on the QX? The Trivector does a balance but usually they are still high protons the next time I test. Adding apple cider vinegar to a to a diet of a too alkaline person and lemonjuice to a too acid persons diet?

Many thanks

Sylvia

Guest guest

I have found the proton pressure reading to one that I can hang my hat on. at least 99 % of my personal experience has been clients recording in the normal range of 67-70. Only once did I have a reading over 8, client in subspace 1100 miles distant, I knew nothing of her health. She admitted taking prescriptions to increase akalinity to treat digestive problem ( absolutely the worst thing to do) . Only once did I see number below 6, she suspects she has a reoccurance with breast cancer. Barry at QWC

Guest guest

Sylvia, this pH is always confusing ( in the beginning) High proton pressue means much H+ ( = protons), this is acidic. AND the same as LOW pH. So one more time: High proton pressure IS LOW pH = high acidity. So Your Biotensor ( your own aura-intuition) was alright, just confirming what I've just said. Noel.

-----Oorspronkelijk bericht-----Van: Sylvia Schmid [mailto:schmid@...]Verzonden: vrijdag 25 april 2003 12:23Aan: qxci-english Onderwerp: ph

I still find that the majority of people in this country is testing 'too alkaline', protons above 80 most of them and I have a problem accepting that high protons is alkalinity. When I test the same person with a biotensor they are too acid which seems more likely to me as most are on a meat-eating, high alcohol, unhealthy diet here.

Reading this info below should it not be that high protons are high acidity? It might be my understanding of english, but here it stands black on white that the more protons the more acid their system is?

This is on the Injury page, top left corner - Information on the Terrain tab, please explain again:

The ph is the inverse log of the proton pressure or the available protons. Acids accept electrons because they are mostly protons. The more protons the more acid the system. The eh is the inverse log of the of the electron pressure or the available electrons. Bases donate electrons. With our sophisticated electrical system we can measure the ph and eh electrically.

We can add electrons to an over acid system, or neutralize excesses. - How would I do this on the QX? The Trivector does a balance but usually they are still high protons the next time I test. Adding apple cider vinegar to a to a diet of a too alkaline person and lemonjuice to a too acid persons diet?

Many thanks

Sylvia

Guest guest

Sylvia

Interesting. I too get fairly high ph values and I know that these people often are on an acidic diet, lifestyle etc.

Bill says the ph/eh is a simple electrical measure of proton and electron of the WHOLE body.

But we know that although the body is alkaline by design, various biological fluids have different pH values.

We also know that for the body to survive the various physiological fluids must be maintained within their physiological pH values ( blood and plasma between 7.34 - 7.35, urine 4.8 - 7.5 etc.). In other words the body goes at great lengths to maintain the alkalinity of the various fluids.

Therein lies the answer, I think,

In acidosis or alkalosis, the pH values may remain within the normal range BECAUSE the body will do all it can to maintain the required pH values for the various body fluids - through buffer systems, break down of bones for alkalising minerals etc.

SO, an alkaline reading on the QX does not necessarily mean that the body is alkaline. It can mean:

1. The buffer system is working extremely well.

2. The person has a very high levels of alkaline minerals.

3. The minerals in the bones are being mobilised, etc.

Look at other things:

1. alkaline tendency symptoms - joint stiffness, night cramps, slow pulse/decreased respiratory rate, allergies, dry skin, bursitis, high cholesterol and osteoarthritis, alkaline urine,water and fluid retention,.

2. acid tendency symptoms - short breath, dislike of closed areas, dry skin and mouth, insomnia, colitis, irritability, racing heart beat, hard stool and restlessness, acid urine, fluid excretion and dehydration.

3. ability to hold breath without discomfort (good in alkalosis, poor in acidosis)

4. diet - excessive intake of carbohydrates, protein and avoidance of leafy green vegetables and citrus (associated with acidosis); excessive use of citrus and green vegetables, excessive use of antacids, particularly bicarbonates (associated with alkalosis).

A urine test with pHydrion paper (or saliva test ) is useful but not definitive. But it gives the patient responsibility for her/his health and check pH on a day to day basis. Blood is the most reliable test.

Hope I have not confused the issue. Most people are acidic, even vegetarians because they eat too much grains. One reason why osteoporosis is so rampant in the West.

Keep well, Azizah

Guest guest

It might be we are all waiting, can't make up our minds where to stay because of the political situation here? But even people who have no intention of leaving have high readings, over 80. People who I know should have a high acidity reading because of their lifestyle.

Thanks Barry, the puzzle goes on.

Sylvia

Re: ph

I have found the proton pressure reading to one that I can hang my hat on. at least 99 % of my personal experience has been clients recording in the normal range of 67-70. Only once did I have a reading over 8, client in subspace 1100 miles distant, I knew nothing of her health. She admitted taking prescriptions to increase akalinity to treat digestive problem ( absolutely the worst thing to do) . Only once did I see number below 6, she suspects she has a reoccurance with breast cancer. Barry at QWC ............................................

Guest guest

AHA! Thanks Noel. I was taught the other way around a few times.

Sylvia

RE: ph

Sylvia, this pH is always confusing ( in the beginning) High proton pressue means much H+ ( = protons), this is acidic. AND the same as LOW pH. So one more time: High proton pressure IS LOW pH = high acidity. So Your Biotensor ( your own aura-intuition) was alright, just confirming what I've just said. Noel.

-----Oorspronkelijk bericht-----Van: Sylvia Schmid [mailto:schmid@...]Verzonden: vrijdag 25 april 2003 12:23Aan: qxci-english Onderwerp: ph

Many thanks

Sylvia

Guest guest

Thank you Azizah, no confusion here. Noel put it right.

Sylvia

Re: ph

Sylvia Interesting. I too get fairly high ph values and I know that these people often are on an acidic diet, lifestyle etc. Bill says the ph/eh is a simple electrical measure of proton and electron of the WHOLE body. But we know that although the body is alkaline by design, various biological fluids have different pH values. We also know that for the body to survive the various physiological fluids must be maintained within their physiological pH values ( blood and plasma between 7.34 - 7.35, urine 4.8 - 7.5 etc.). In other words the body goes at great lengths to maintain the alkalinity of the various fluids. Therein lies the answer, I think, In acidosis or alkalosis, the pH values may remain within the normal range BECAUSE the body will do all it can to maintain the required pH values for the various body fluids - through buffer systems, break down of bones for alkalising minerals etc. SO, an alkaline reading on the QX does not necessarily mean that the body is alkaline. It can mean: 1. The buffer system is working extremely well. 2. The person has a very high levels of alkaline minerals. 3. The minerals in the bones are being mobilised, etc. Look at other things: 1. alkaline tendency symptoms - joint stiffness, night cramps, slow pulse/decreased respiratory rate, allergies, dry skin, bursitis, high cholesterol and osteoarthritis, alkaline urine,water and fluid retention,. 2. acid tendency symptoms - short breath, dislike of closed areas, dry skin and mouth, insomnia, colitis, irritability, racing heart beat, hard stool and restlessness, acid urine, fluid excretion and dehydration. 3. ability to hold breath without discomfort (good in alkalosis, poor in acidosis) 4. diet - excessive intake of carbohydrates, protein and avoidance of leafy green vegetables and citrus (associated with acidosis); excessive use of citrus and green vegetables, excessive use of antacids, particularly bicarbonates (associated with alkalosis). A urine test with pHydrion paper (or saliva test ) is useful but not definitive. But it gives the patient responsibility for her/his health and check pH on a day to day basis. Blood is the most reliable test. Hope I have not confused the issue. Most people are acidic, even vegetarians because they eat too much grains. One reason why osteoporosis is so rampant in the West. Keep well, Azizah ............................................

Guest guest

With regard to pH, there are five classifications of people and the way in which we metabolize food and produce either an acidic pH or an alkaline pH. Two people can eat the same food and while one will produce an alkaline reaction, the other will produce an acid reaction. One cannot assume that calcium will alkalinize the blood. To obtain further information on this visit www.bloodph.com. Dr. Harold Kristal and a few others have researched and written extensively on this. Kristal is the only one that does seminars and they are great! Getting your blood at the proper pH cures many illnesses. Dr. Kristal cured himself of prostate cancer and got his older sister, who was given 3 months to live by her MD, off her death bed and she is quite healthy now.

This is a short excerpt from his website:

"The second premise is that people have different metabolic responses to food, vitamins and minerals. If I were to give a potassium challenge to a group of one hundred people, the blood of approximately half the people would be acidified and half would be alkalized. The same is true for calcium, vitamin E and all other vitamins, minerals and foods." By this reference to blood, he is talking about blood being one side or the other of the ideal pH of the blood, which determines if you are alkaline based or acidic based. A few hundredths of percent makes a difference in how one metabolizes food. You can take the test and find out if you are an Autonomic Type: Sympathetic or Parasympathetic, or an Oxidative Type: Fast or Slow. Or maybe you will be a Mixed type. Happy Reading!!

Savinelli, Naturopath

Guest guest

ann,

mercury is definitely not out with this kind of ph reading. alkalize,

alkalize, alkalize!!!! and give minerals, fatty acids, vitamins, especially

b and glutathion or cysteine and lipoic acid as a start....

marlene

ph

> I have a client with a proton reading of 40 and electron

> near 90, lots of allergies. I'm looking for suggestions

> to balance and get a better detox. I understand that it's

> hard to detox when your ph is out. Mercury is now out.

> Thanks

> Ann

>

>

>

> ............................................

>

>

Guest guest

Heard that a tsp of baking soda in a glass of water is a good alkaline

solution for your pH balance. Supposed to give you a bit of energy,, this has

worked for me but it may be psychological !

Guest guest

Karolyn,

The problem with this post is that it is part of the internet mythology. Note that there is not ONE reference indicating that this is true or documented in any way shape or form. For example, the carbonate buffer system is extremely resistant to changes in pH...a very slight change in pH triggers many bodily functions to counter this change....for example a immediate increase in respiration, in order to restore the body to its set-point pH as well as changes in kidney processes. You really need to read a physiology book and not this type of trash. This individual has not provided any documentation or references for anything mentioned in his book...because there isn't any! This is an attempt to sell books...and people who like to believe in this mythology are prime candidates for his sales pitch.

Learn about some REAL physiology...go to the library and check out a physiology textbook...in most cases library cards are FREE!! Once you read and understand renal physiology and the role the carbonate and phosphate buffer systems play in maintaing homeostatsis then and only then will you understand how foolish this stuff actually is!!

The analogy of a fish tank and water is laughable. In order to truly understand the fallacy behind the pH argument you need to understand how buffers work in the first place. Water is not buffered and will change pH quickly. Our bodies are buffered and it takes a great deal to change the pH of the internal fluids...and once it does the individual is in a life-threatening situation.

If you eat a diet that is supposed to change the pH of the internal fluids inthe body what keeps it from continuing to change and creating a life-threatening situation??

read a textbook...it won't hurt and you just might learn something about real physiology and how buffers work and why the food we eat will not affect the pH of our bodies!!

kindest regards,

BobK

[ ] PH

pH Article by Dr. O. YoungDisease thrives in acidity. How Do You Know If You're Overly Acidic?The New BiologyBy Dr. O. YoungNew Biology, most simply stated, is the fact that the over-acidification of the body is the single underlying cause of all disease. In contrast, the old biology, based on the work of Louis Pasteur in the late 1800s, stems from the idea that disease comes from germs which invade the body from the outside. Dr. Young has found that when the body is in healthy alkaline balance, germs are unable to get a foothold.Think of your body as a fish tank. Think of the importance of maintaining the integrity of the internal fluids of the body that we swim in daily. Imagine the fish in this tank are your cells and organ systems bathed in fluids, which transport food and remove wastes.Now imagine we back up a car and put the tailpipe up against the air intake filter that supplies the oxygen for the water in the tank. The water becomes filled with carbon monoxide, lowering the alkaline pH, creating and acidic pH environment, and threatening the health of the fish, your cells and organs.What if we throw in too much food or the wrong kind of food (acid-producing food like dairy, sugar, and animal protein) and the fish are unable to consume or digest it all, and it starts to decompose and putrefy? Toxic acid waste and chemicals build up as the food breaks down, creating more acidic byproducts, altering the optimum alkaline pH.Basically, this is a small example of what we may be doing to our internal fluids every day. We are fouling them with pollution (smoking), drugs, excessive intake of food, over-consumption of acid-forming foods (dairy food, sugar, animal protein), and any number of transgressions which compromise the delicate balance of our internal alkaline fluids.Some of us have fish tanks (bodies) that are barely able to support life, yet we somehow manage to struggle from day to day, building more severe imbalances until there is the inevitable crash and debilitating chronic, disturbing and disorganizing symptoms to deal with.The pH level (the acid-alkaline measurement) of our internal fluids affects every cell in our bodies. Extended acid imbalances of any kind are not well tolerated by the body. Indeed, the entire metabolic process depends on a balanced internal alkaline environment. A chronically over-acidic pH corrodes body tissue, slowly eating into the 60,000 miles of veins and arteries like acid eating into marble. If left unchecked, it will interrupt all cellular activities and functions, from the beating of your heart to the neural firing of your brain. In summary, over-acidification interferes with life itself leading to all sickness and disease!NOTICEThis information is for informational and educational purposes only. It is not an attempt to diagnose or prescribe, nor should it be construed to be such. Readers are hereby encouraged to consult with a licensed health care professional concerning the information presented, which has been received from sources deemed reliable. If you have a medical condition please consult your medical practitioner.Dr. O. Young, Ph.D. is a nationally renowned microbiologist, nutritionist, and a research scientist who speaks to audiences around the world on health and wellness. He has devoted his life to research into the causes of "disease," and to helping people rebalance their health and well-being (which he calls the InnerLight. As a microbiologist, he has investigated the links between over-acidification of the body and the development of morbid microorganisms (bacteria, yeast, fungus, and mold), whose metabolic poisons produce the wide range of symptoms we generally call "diseases."His mission is to create a greater understanding of the necessity for correct acid-alkaline balance in the body, based on healthy lifestyle, diet, and nutritional supplementation.Dr. Young heads the InnerLight Biological Research Center, dedicated to the healing arts, and has gained national recognition for his research into diabetes, cancer, leukemia, and AIDS. He is a member of the American Society of Microbiologists and the American Naturopathic Association, and conducts classes in live blood analysis where he teaches his theory of the "New Biology".Dr. Young is also the co-author, with his wife , of the books Sick and Tired?, Back to the House of Health, and his new best-selling book The pH Miracle."Dr. Young may be on the threshold of a new biology whose principles could revolutionize biology and medicine and potentially help people worldwide. Additional research is desperately needed!" -Neil Soloman, M.D., Ph.D., director, International Council for Caring Communities' Health Advisory Board, Non-Governmental Organizations, United Nations

Guest guest

My comments interspersed below!

RE: [ ] PH

Bob,

You have pointed out to me before how resistant the body is to even the slightest pH change. I did a little research after that and found your point accurate and your presentation scientific. I also find the broadly sweeping statements about the internal pH too unscientific. I must admit that I find a scarcity of studies to back up the claims, even though I believe that there is a correlation. I do present some considerations below.

There is a scientific medical condition called acidosis characterized by excessive acid in the body fluids.

(http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/article/001181.htm)

BK:

Yes acidosis is a serious medical emergency. Outside of disease states acidosis is not a problem for the healthy individual.

Acidosis is the most important nutritional disorder in feedlots today. Caused by a rapid production and absorption of acids from the rumen when cattle consume too much starch (primarily grain) or sugar in a short period of time, acidosis causes cattle to be stressed. As long as cattle are finished on grain, cows are grazed on cornstalk fields (grain consumption) or high energy (grain) diets are fed to dairy cows, acidosis will be an important problem. http://www.ianr.unl.edu/pubs/animaldisease/g1047.htm

BK

Not suprising given that the bovine critter is not physiologically equipped to deal with a easily assimilated sugar/starch. These animals are grazers and their digestive physiology is built to deal with a diet of grasses and other foodstuffs high in cellulose...which must undergo extensive digestion to release the sugars fromt he cellulose.

A late metabolic acidosis may develop in premature infants that receive high protein or amino acid intakes. This may be exacerbated by reduced reabsorption of bicarbonate from the proximal tubules and reduced new base formation by the kidneys of premature infants.http://www.cs.nsw.gov.au/rpa/neonatal/html/newprot/acidosis.htm

BK

An example of a digestive system which has undergone incomplete development and combined with the infant being fed a diet high in compunds it isn't "built" to feed on at that stage in life. In these newborns one of the biggest problems is improperly developed lungs which are incapable of dealing with the increased carbon dioxide (increases acidity of blood) and the situation gets very dangerous very quickly.

Background: Metabolic acidosis is a clinical disturbance characterized by an increase in total body acid. It should be considered a sign of an underlying disease process. Identification of the underlying condition that is causing the acidosis is essential to initiate appropriate therapy. Author: L Stavile, MD, Associate Director, Assistant Professor, Department of Emergency Medicine, State University of New York Health Science Center at Brooklynhttp://www.emedicine.com/EMERG/topic312.htm

Granted, the examples above (except for the animal one) do not involve the ingestion of food. However, I believe that a strain is imposed on the internal processes of the body when the medications, food and water one ingests are not pH friendly. What do you think of the idea that there is an expenditure of energy to keep this equilibrium of pH.? What if this was also true that the expenditure of energy involved in (the internal processes) keeping this pH balanced interferes, even subtly, with the overall vitality?

BK

I believe that you will find that even the slightest amount of exercise that results in a bit of anaerobic metabolism (energy from glycolysis..lactic acid build up) will create a far greater amount of "acid" stress than can ever be derived from a meal(s). Climbing the stairs or a hill until your legs burn will fit this scenario. You still have to consider the amount of acid produced in the stomach and neutralized in the doudenum. Now as far as foods that produce protons as a result of digestion process there are a number of buffer systems that easily deal with this on a continuing basis. Inside the cell the large protein pool is one of the principal buffers that the cell depends on as well as the phosphate buffer system. Proton production is a normal and ongoing occurrence inside our bodies. It is one of the main reasons we have kidneys!! The amount of energy utilized to deal with the protons derived from your scenario is very very small compared to what must be dealt with on a second by second basis in maintaining homeostasis within our bodies. The difference would (is) so large as to be negligible...probably the best thing you could do if worried about this is to drink an extra glass or two of water each day to help your kidneys out. Basically I don't believe that trying to reduce the number of protons produced, within our bodies, via diet is a viable means of helping the body deal with stress. Your best bets are exercise (high acid producer), rest, and plenty of fluids.

Nice to hear from you Jay!

kindest regards,

BobK

Guest guest

Bob,

You have pointed out to me before how

resistant the body is to even the slightest pH change. I did a little research

after that and found your point accurate and your presentation scientific. I

also find the broadly sweeping statements about the internal pH too

unscientific. I must admit that I find a scarcity of studies to back up the

claims, even though I believe that there is a correlation. I do present some

considerations below.

There is a scientific medical condition

called acidosis characterized by excessive acid in the body fluids.

(http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/article/001181.htm)

Acidosis is the most important nutritional disorder in feedlots today.

Caused by a rapid production and absorption of acids from the rumen when cattle

consume too much starch (primarily grain) or sugar in a short period of time,

acidosis causes cattle to be stressed. As long as cattle are finished on grain,

cows are grazed on cornstalk fields (grain consumption) or high energy (grain)

diets are fed to dairy cows, acidosis will be an important problem.

http://www.ianr.unl.edu/pubs/animaldisease/g1047.htm

A late metabolic acidosis may develop in premature infants that receive

high protein or amino acid intakes. This may be exacerbated by reduced reabsorption

of bicarbonate from the proximal tubules and reduced new base formation by the

kidneys of premature infants.

http://www.cs.nsw.gov.au/rpa/neonatal/html/newprot/acidosis.htm

Background: Metabolic acidosis is a clinical disturbance characterized by

an increase in total body acid. It should be considered a sign of an underlying

disease process. Identification of the underlying condition that is causing the

acidosis is essential to initiate appropriate therapy.

Author:

L Stavile, MD, Associate

Director, Assistant Professor, Department of Emergency Medicine, State University

of New York Health Science Center at Brooklyn

http://www.emedicine.com/EMERG/topic312.htm

Granted, the examples above (except for

the animal one) do not involve the ingestion of food. However, I believe that a

strain is imposed on the internal processes of the body when the medications, food

and water one ingests are not pH friendly. What do you think of the idea that

there is an expenditure of energy to keep this equilibrium of pH.? What if this

was also true that the expenditure of energy involved in (the internal

processes) keeping this pH balanced interferes, even subtly, with the overall

vitality?

In Health!

Jay Wentworth

Emmons

jay@...

Re: [ ] PH

Karolyn,

The problem with this post is that

it is part of the internet mythology. Note that there is not ONE

reference indicating that this is true or documented in any way shape or form.

For example, the carbonate buffer system is extremely resistant to changes in

pH...a very slight change in pH triggers many bodily functions to counter this

change....for example a immediate increase in respiration, in order to restore

the body to its set-point pH as well as changes in kidney processes. You

really need to read a physiology book and not this type of trash. This

individual has not provided any documentation or references for anything

mentioned in his book...because there isn't any! This is an attempt to sell

books...and people who like to believe in this mythology are prime candidates

for his sales pitch.

Learn about some REAL

physiology...go to the library and check out a physiology textbook...in most

cases library cards are FREE!! Once you read and understand renal

physiology and the role the carbonate and phosphate buffer systems play in

maintaing homeostatsis then and only then will you understand how foolish

this stuff actually is!!

The analogy of a fish tank and water

is laughable. In order to truly understand the fallacy behind the pH

argument you need to understand how buffers work in the first place.

Water is not buffered and will change pH quickly. Our bodies are buffered

and it takes a great deal to change the pH of the internal fluids...and once it

does the individual is in a life-threatening situation.

If you eat a diet that is

supposed to change the pH of the internal fluids inthe body what keeps it from

continuing to change and creating a life-threatening situation??

read a textbook...it won't hurt and

you just might learn something about real physiology and how buffers work and

why the food we eat will not affect the pH of our bodies!!

kindest regards,

BobK

[ ] PH

pH Article by Dr. O. Young

Disease thrives in acidity. How Do You Know If

You're Overly Acidic?

The New Biology

By Dr. O. Young

New Biology, most simply stated, is the fact that

the over-

acidification of the body is the single underlying

cause of all

disease. In contrast, the old biology, based on

the work of Louis

Pasteur in the late 1800s, stems from the idea

that disease comes

from germs which invade the body from the outside.

Dr. Young has

found that when the body is in healthy alkaline

balance, germs are

unable to get a foothold.

Think of your body as a fish tank. Think of the

importance of

maintaining the integrity of the internal fluids

of the body that we

swim in daily. Imagine the fish in this tank are

your cells and organ

systems bathed in fluids, which transport food and

remove wastes.

Now imagine we back up a car and put the tailpipe

up against the air

intake filter that supplies the oxygen for the

water in the tank. The

water becomes filled with carbon monoxide,

lowering the alkaline pH,

creating and acidic pH environment, and

threatening the health of the

fish, your cells and organs.

What if we throw in too much food or the wrong

kind of food (acid-

producing food like dairy, sugar, and animal

protein) and the fish

are unable to consume or digest it all, and it

starts to decompose

and putrefy? Toxic acid waste and chemicals build

up as the food

breaks down, creating more acidic byproducts,

altering the optimum

alkaline pH.

Basically, this is a small example of what we may

be doing to our

internal fluids every day. We are fouling them

with pollution

(smoking), drugs, excessive intake of food,

over-consumption of acid-

forming foods (dairy food, sugar, animal protein),

and any number of

transgressions which compromise the delicate

balance of our internal

alkaline fluids.

Some of us have fish tanks (bodies) that are

barely able to support

life, yet we somehow manage to struggle from day

to day, building

more severe imbalances until there is the

inevitable crash and

debilitating chronic, disturbing and disorganizing

symptoms to deal

with.

The pH level (the acid-alkaline measurement) of

our internal fluids

affects every cell in our bodies. Extended acid

imbalances of any

kind are not well tolerated by the body. Indeed,

the entire metabolic

process depends on a balanced internal alkaline

environment. A

chronically over-acidic pH corrodes body tissue,

slowly eating into

the 60,000 miles of veins and arteries like acid

eating into marble.

If left unchecked, it will interrupt all cellular

activities and

functions, from the beating of your heart to the

neural firing of

your brain. In summary, over-acidification

interferes with life

itself leading to all sickness and disease!

NOTICE

This information is for informational and

educational purposes only.

It is not an attempt to diagnose or prescribe, nor

should it be

construed to be such. Readers are hereby

encouraged to consult with a

licensed health care professional concerning the

information

presented, which has been received from sources

deemed reliable. If

you have a medical condition please consult your

medical practitioner.

Dr. O. Young, Ph.D. is a nationally

renowned microbiologist,

nutritionist, and a research scientist who speaks

to audiences around

the world on health and wellness. He has devoted

his life to research

into the causes of " disease, " and to

helping people rebalance their

health and well-being (which he calls the

InnerLight. As a

microbiologist, he has investigated the links

between over-

acidification of the body and the development of

morbid

microorganisms (bacteria, yeast, fungus, and

mold), whose metabolic

poisons produce the wide range of symptoms we

generally

call " diseases. "

His mission is to create a greater understanding

of the necessity for

correct acid-alkaline balance in the body, based

on healthy

lifestyle, diet, and nutritional supplementation.

Dr. Young heads the InnerLight Biological Research

Center, dedicated

to the healing arts, and has gained national

recognition for his

research into diabetes, cancer, leukemia, and

AIDS. He is a member of

the American Society of Microbiologists and the

American Naturopathic

Association, and conducts classes in live blood

analysis where he

teaches his theory of the " New Biology " .

Dr. Young is also the co-author, with his wife

, of the books

Sick and Tired?, Back to the House of Health, and

his new best-

selling book The pH Miracle.

" Dr. Young may be on the threshold of a new

biology whose principles

could revolutionize biology and medicine and

potentially help people

worldwide. Additional research is desperately

needed! "

-Neil Soloman, M.D., Ph.D., director, International