RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

update

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I just got back from drs and they will be inducing me on tuesday unless the

baby comes out on it's own earlier. I will keep you posted.

Guest guest

I just got back from drs and they will be inducing me on tuesday unless the

baby comes out on it's own earlier. I will keep you posted.

Guest guest

The color of your milk is fine--probably influenced by something you eat. Just keep checking the color as you continue expressing.

While your waiting for your SNS to arrive try giving his milk from a cup so he gets used to the idea thst it comes from more than one source.

Encourage latch-on by expressing milk for him to get right when he latches on or by dripping some rice milk on your niopple for him to suck off.

Amy Lynnmother to 1-25-98 and 2-10-00

Guest guest

The color of your milk is fine--probably influenced by something you eat. Just keep checking the color as you continue expressing.

While your waiting for your SNS to arrive try giving his milk from a cup so he gets used to the idea thst it comes from more than one source.

Encourage latch-on by expressing milk for him to get right when he latches on or by dripping some rice milk on your niopple for him to suck off.

Guest guest

Guest guest

I am sorry I didn't respond. I think that you are definitely on the right track. As you relactate you will probably notice that your milk goes back to its normal color. If you are able to hand express anything I would give it to him in a cup or bottle at this point to get him used to the taste again. That way if he does latch on it will be familiar. The SNS won't work unless he is latching well. I would suggest trying to latch him when he is very sleepy or in the bath. I would suggest taking a bath with him daily (if he enjoys it). That way he might get more interested in your breasts. You can increase the fenugreek but you shouldn't take more than 12 capsules daily. You can try using a periodontal syringe (with a curved spout/no needle) and fill it with rice milk and when he is latched on squirt it in the side of his mouth so that he feels that he is getting something and wants to stay latched. You can fill up several so that you can keep adding some as he is latched. It works well when a baby is only latching on for a few seconds, to give him instant gratification. Do you carry him in a sling? If so you can carry him in it during the day at home with no shirt on. That way he is getting lots of skin to skin which will help your supply and hopefully get him more interested. Keep up the great work!

Wendihttp://www.lactivist.combreastfeeding resources and info

-----Original Message-----From: apmom Sent: Friday, August 11, 2000 12:50 PMTo: breastfeedingegroupsSubject: update

Hello...I'm the one who posted yesterday about my son, . We nursed from the beginning, but, around 6 months of age, I began offering a bottle once, then twice per day, and, a month ago, he stopped nursing altogether. At first, I was fine with that, but then he came down with an ear infection, his VERY first illness EVER, and I began thinking about attempting to relactate. I'm still not sure if I'll be able to do so. I've tried to initiate a latch on, but he continues to refuse. Every once in a great while, he will latch on, but he won't nurse for more than a moment or two. I think my supply is virtually non-existent. What I've done is (a) restarted the Fenugreek w/ 2 capsules 3x per day (I intend to increase it to 3 capsules 3x per day once I start him on the SNS...(B) I've begun to manually express my milk every 2 hours for 5 minutes per breast (I'll also increase this once I start him on the SNS...I get more manually expressing than from a handheld or electric pump, I don't know why! Maybe because it's the way I first learned 9 years ago!)...© I've ordered an SNS from my LLL leader. We had our regular meeting last night and she said she'd order one for me, and it should arrive sometime next week. Once it comes, I'll take off of the bottle, increase the Fenugreek and hand expression, and try to encourage him to nurse. Two questions for now: (1) when I hand expressed today, I noticed that the milk is yellow. Is that because of low supply? Is it the Fenugreek? Since I am relactating, could it be colostrum??? I'm wondering if the strange color is the cause of his rejection the few times he has attempted to nurse? Can anything be done to help my milk go back to its normal color and taste? and (2) does anyone have any ideas on encouraging latch-on in an older baby? Especially one who will have his normal rice milk inside the SNS bag, but I'm not sure how to get him to realize it's in the SNS bottle attached to my breast! Any suggestions? Thanks for any help anyone can offer!!!! and - 10 months

Give the Gift of Life Breastfeed!http://www.lactivist.com

Guest guest

I am sorry I didn't respond. I think that you are definitely on the right track. As you relactate you will probably notice that your milk goes back to its normal color. If you are able to hand express anything I would give it to him in a cup or bottle at this point to get him used to the taste again. That way if he does latch on it will be familiar. The SNS won't work unless he is latching well. I would suggest trying to latch him when he is very sleepy or in the bath. I would suggest taking a bath with him daily (if he enjoys it). That way he might get more interested in your breasts. You can increase the fenugreek but you shouldn't take more than 12 capsules daily. You can try using a periodontal syringe (with a curved spout/no needle) and fill it with rice milk and when he is latched on squirt it in the side of his mouth so that he feels that he is getting something and wants to stay latched. You can fill up several so that you can keep adding some as he is latched. It works well when a baby is only latching on for a few seconds, to give him instant gratification. Do you carry him in a sling? If so you can carry him in it during the day at home with no shirt on. That way he is getting lots of skin to skin which will help your supply and hopefully get him more interested. Keep up the great work!

-----Original Message-----From: apmom Sent: Friday, August 11, 2000 12:50 PMTo: breastfeedingegroupsSubject: update

Hello...I'm the one who posted yesterday about my son, . We nursed from the beginning, but, around 6 months of age, I began offering a bottle once, then twice per day, and, a month ago, he stopped nursing altogether. At first, I was fine with that, but then he came down with an ear infection, his VERY first illness EVER, and I began thinking about attempting to relactate. I'm still not sure if I'll be able to do so. I've tried to initiate a latch on, but he continues to refuse. Every once in a great while, he will latch on, but he won't nurse for more than a moment or two. I think my supply is virtually non-existent. What I've done is (a) restarted the Fenugreek w/ 2 capsules 3x per day (I intend to increase it to 3 capsules 3x per day once I start him on the SNS...(B) I've begun to manually express my milk every 2 hours for 5 minutes per breast (I'll also increase this once I start him on the SNS...I get more manually expressing than from a handheld or electric pump, I don't know why! Maybe because it's the way I first learned 9 years ago!)...© I've ordered an SNS from my LLL leader. We had our regular meeting last night and she said she'd order one for me, and it should arrive sometime next week. Once it comes, I'll take off of the bottle, increase the Fenugreek and hand expression, and try to encourage him to nurse. Two questions for now: (1) when I hand expressed today, I noticed that the milk is yellow. Is that because of low supply? Is it the Fenugreek? Since I am relactating, could it be colostrum??? I'm wondering if the strange color is the cause of his rejection the few times he has attempted to nurse? Can anything be done to help my milk go back to its normal color and taste? and (2) does anyone have any ideas on encouraging latch-on in an older baby? Especially one who will have his normal rice milk inside the SNS bag, but I'm not sure how to get him to realize it's in the SNS bottle attached to my breast! Any suggestions? Thanks for any help anyone can offer!!!! and - 10 months

Give the Gift of Life Breastfeed!http://www.lactivist.com

Guest guest

Thank you for the great suggestions!!!

Now that the DH is home for the weekend, I plan on spending as much time as I can w/ in the sling!

RE: update

Give the Gift of Life Breastfeed!http://www.lactivist.com Give the Gift of Life Breastfeed!http://www.lactivist.com

Guest guest

Hi ,

It is very important to keep record of the foods that have become hard for you

to digest or are intolerable. They should never be eaten as your last food for

that day. When they do not digest well they do eliminate well. When this occurs

the undigested food enters the blood causing inflammation with the small blood

vessel in the face. I had 30 years of experiences with bad skin and digestion. I

spent years researching and recording to gain the understanding which cured my

skin problems. It did not come easy because I did not have guide lines like my

diet program. It was trial and error. So much of the info available is false and

miss leading. Treating with drugs or cremes will only work on the symptoms and

cause dependence as the problem gradually worsens. As you continue the digestive

tract will heal and in the future you can slowly reintroduce foods that have

become intolerable in small amounts.

Take care,

Mark

CMDpraisehim@... wrote:

> i took your advice and your diet....since sat i went on your diet but only

> eating yogurt, drinking juice with fruit and vegetables. i went off the

> medicine and stooped putting metrogel on my face. i started taking garlic,

> acidophilis, garlic, liver support, grape seed extract, vitc and multi as i

> always did and washing my face w/ sea salt. my face have cleared up and is

> white again and the blemishes and pimples have gone now this is 4

> days....amazing. the metrogel was making me red and blotch out....now due to

> this change of eating i had no flareup or red nose. now yesterday wednesday i

> presumed reg food, ate 2 cookies and my nose immediatly flared up and then i

> had some macaroni salad and my heart was racing and i didnt feel good.i had

> felt so much better and lighter when i didnt put heavy, fattening food in my

> body.

>

> i resumed today of juice and vegetables and cold cuts and bread....my face

> has been fine all day and still clear....i am amazed that it is the food i am

> eating thats making me break oput and not feel well, what do you think. im

> going to monitor and watch what flares me up

>

> did you come across what i am experiencing?????

>

> sincerely,

>

> christine degen

Guest guest

Hi ,

I am glad to hear that you are seeing improvement. I used garlic oil capsules

and I can say that they did not work as well as raw chopped garlic but they are

better than not using anything. Whenever something is concentrated or processed,

some of the natural substances are destroyed or changed.

Garlic has natural antibiotic substances similar to penicillin. Garlic has been

used as a food and medicine for thousands of years. This is how I take

horseradish and garlic. Spoon in one hand and water in the other, than in the

mouth and washed down with water fast. Just like swallowing a pill.

And they are the only foods that I do not chew well. Ha ha. The first time that

I used the horseradish I chewed it and it made my eyes tear and my nose ran.

Whew, so that's when I learned to swallow fast with water and I barely taste it.

I wrote my diet program as an example of what worked for me,

we are all individuals so finding what works best for you is the basic concept.

Trail and error is the only way to know for sure. Just remember that the

reaction time for foods that do not digest well is

delayed and occurs up to 24 hours later. Most often it is the last food eaten

the night before. That is why I recommend the last food eaten be easily

digestible. Also some members have posted that eating fruit or salad as the last

food has shown improvement with there skin. It can take months for your body to

completely restore nutrients that have become deficient. So find and use what

works best for you personally and continue. There is only one person truly in

charge of your health, and that is you!

Best wishes,

Mark

Demchuk wrote:

> Hey Mark I'm trying your diet, so far so good. My skin has been improving

> and I feel more energetic. Was I was going to ask you, is if the garlic can

> be taken in capsule form. I can't stand eating a spoonful of garlic and

> ginger, its enough to hurl. I found these garlic capsules which are 6000

> iu's or something of the sort, supposedly the most potent form around. Would

> those suffice?

Guest guest

Hi ,

better than not using anything. Whenever something is concentrated or processed,

Whew, so that's when I learned to swallow fast with water and I barely taste it.

digestible. Also some members have posted that eating fruit or salad as the last

Best wishes,

Mark

Demchuk wrote:

> those suffice?

Guest guest

Hi ,

Best wishes,

Mark

Demchuk wrote:

> those suffice?

Guest guest

Hi ,

I am glad that you are interested. I will make up a list of some of my best

sources that will give you a better understanding of my theory. I am also

writting Part 3 of my program that will explain more.

Take care,

Mark

Sy MD wrote:

> Hello Mark,

> I've been reading your postings with much interest. As you have been

> proposing, I do suspect that our GI tract may in some way, play a role in

> rosacea and flushing conditions in general. However, I haven't quite decided

> which is the horse and which is the cart. Just for my own interest, do you

> mind sharing a couple of books or publications that you think may help me

> understand your theory better? I know you are probably quite busy during

> this holiday season; so no rush. Thanks!

>

>

> Sy M.D.

> Sy Skin Care

> http://www.lindasy.com

> Voice:Toll-free 877-sy (546-3279)

> Outside US:

> FAX:

> Re: Re: update

>

> > Hi ,

> > I am glad to hear that you are seeing improvement. I used garlic oil

> capsules

> > and I can say that they did not work as well as raw chopped garlic but

> they are

> > better than not using anything. Whenever something is concentrated or

> processed,

> > some of the natural substances are destroyed or changed.

> > Garlic has natural antibiotic substances similar to penicillin. Garlic has

> been

> > used as a food and medicine for thousands of years. This is how I take

> > horseradish and garlic. Spoon in one hand and water in the other, than in

> the

> > mouth and washed down with water fast. Just like swallowing a pill.

> > And they are the only foods that I do not chew well. Ha ha. The first time

> that

> > I used the horseradish I chewed it and it made my eyes tear and my nose

> ran.

> > Whew, so that's when I learned to swallow fast with water and I barely

> taste it.

> > I wrote my diet program as an example of what worked for me,

> > we are all individuals so finding what works best for you is the basic

> concept.

> > Trail and error is the only way to know for sure. Just remember that the

> > reaction time for foods that do not digest well is

> > delayed and occurs up to 24 hours later. Most often it is the last food

> eaten

> > the night before. That is why I recommend the last food eaten be easily

> > digestible. Also some members have posted that eating fruit or salad as

> the last

> > food has shown improvement with there skin. It can take months for your

> body to

> > completely restore nutrients that have become deficient. So find and use

> what

> > works best for you personally and continue. There is only one person truly

> in

> > charge of your health, and that is you!

> > Best

> wishes,

> > Mark

> >

> > Demchuk wrote:

> >

> > > Hey Mark I'm trying your diet, so far so good. My skin has been

> improving

> > > and I feel more energetic. Was I was going to ask you, is if the garlic

> can

> > > be taken in capsule form. I can't stand eating a spoonful of garlic and

> > > ginger, its enough to hurl. I found these garlic capsules which are 6000

> > > iu's or something of the sort, supposedly the most potent form around.

> Would

> > > those suffice?

> >

> >

> >

> >

> > -----------------------------------------------------------------

> > Please read the list highlights thoroughly before posting to the whole

> group. See http://rosacea.ii.net/toc.html

> >

> > When replying, please delete all text at the end of your email that isn't

> necessary for your message.

> >

> > To leave the list send an email to rosacea-support-unsubscribeegroups

> >

> >

Guest guest

Hi ,

I am glad that you are interested. I will make up a list of some of my best

sources that will give you a better understanding of my theory. I am also

writting Part 3 of my program that will explain more.

Take care,

Mark

Sy MD wrote:

> Hello Mark,

> I've been reading your postings with much interest. As you have been

> proposing, I do suspect that our GI tract may in some way, play a role in

> rosacea and flushing conditions in general. However, I haven't quite decided

> which is the horse and which is the cart. Just for my own interest, do you

> mind sharing a couple of books or publications that you think may help me

> understand your theory better? I know you are probably quite busy during

> this holiday season; so no rush. Thanks!

>

>

> Sy M.D.

> Sy Skin Care

> http://www.lindasy.com

> Voice:Toll-free 877-sy (546-3279)

> Outside US:

> FAX:

> Re: Re: update

>

> > Hi ,

> > I am glad to hear that you are seeing improvement. I used garlic oil

> capsules

> > and I can say that they did not work as well as raw chopped garlic but

> they are

> > better than not using anything. Whenever something is concentrated or

> processed,

> > some of the natural substances are destroyed or changed.

> > Garlic has natural antibiotic substances similar to penicillin. Garlic has

> been

> > used as a food and medicine for thousands of years. This is how I take

> > horseradish and garlic. Spoon in one hand and water in the other, than in

> the

> > mouth and washed down with water fast. Just like swallowing a pill.

> > And they are the only foods that I do not chew well. Ha ha. The first time

> that

> > I used the horseradish I chewed it and it made my eyes tear and my nose

> ran.

> > Whew, so that's when I learned to swallow fast with water and I barely

> taste it.

> > I wrote my diet program as an example of what worked for me,

> > we are all individuals so finding what works best for you is the basic

> concept.

> > Trail and error is the only way to know for sure. Just remember that the

> > reaction time for foods that do not digest well is

> > delayed and occurs up to 24 hours later. Most often it is the last food

> eaten

> > the night before. That is why I recommend the last food eaten be easily

> > digestible. Also some members have posted that eating fruit or salad as

> the last

> > food has shown improvement with there skin. It can take months for your

> body to

> > completely restore nutrients that have become deficient. So find and use

> what

> > works best for you personally and continue. There is only one person truly

> in

> > charge of your health, and that is you!

> > Best

> wishes,

> > Mark

> >

> > Demchuk wrote:

> >

> > > Hey Mark I'm trying your diet, so far so good. My skin has been

> improving

> > > and I feel more energetic. Was I was going to ask you, is if the garlic

> can

> > > be taken in capsule form. I can't stand eating a spoonful of garlic and

> > > ginger, its enough to hurl. I found these garlic capsules which are 6000

> > > iu's or something of the sort, supposedly the most potent form around.

> Would

> > > those suffice?

> >

> >

> >

> >

> > -----------------------------------------------------------------

> > Please read the list highlights thoroughly before posting to the whole

> group. See http://rosacea.ii.net/toc.html

> >

> > When replying, please delete all text at the end of your email that isn't

> necessary for your message.

> >

> > To leave the list send an email to rosacea-support-unsubscribeegroups

> >

> >

Guest guest

In a message dated 12/19/2000 7:32:05 AM Eastern Standard Time,

rosacea-supportegroups writes:

:

> Re: update

> I've started to notice prior to a bad breakout I feel awful and have severe

> diarrhea. I've also been wondering if there is a connection with the GI

> Tract.

Carol in NH

Guest guest

*blush* Soon...Oh so soon. *grin*

--

Re: Update

:

What, only half-naked? I'll wait for the whole thing.

Lois

Guest guest

--

:

Lois

Guest guest

--

:

Lois

Guest guest

Jeff,

This update was sent to me as a moderator but it should have been sent

to the list. No problem here it is as a forward. Have a nice day

everyone.

Lea

Guest guest

Jeff,

This update was sent to me as a moderator but it should have been sent

to the list. No problem here it is as a forward. Have a nice day

everyone.