RemedySpot.com

Re: Vit A procotol and Parasites...

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I understood what you said about the lack of whip worms in the GI tract causing

autism, however, my opinion differs.

Possibly the lack of whipworms causes an overgrowth of other worms, however,

either way, treating a worm overgrowth is creating tremendous gains at my house.

> >

> > I hate to bust this thread but we ALL have worms, and parasites living in

our bodies, you can do a quick thread on whip worms and they find people with GI

issues are actually LOW in whip worms and it's being used a treatment. see you

can't just look at what our kids have, you have to look at what our kids have

that NT kids don't have......

> >

> >

> >

> > From: allrpossible@

> > Sent: Friday, February 18, 2011 9:39 PM

> > To: mb12 valtrex

> > Subject: Re: Vit A procotol and Parasites...

> >

> >

> >

> > I don't think it's worms as much as it's protozoa -- which are like

> > microscopic worms. A researcher I know says that he found a protozoa in

> > all of those with autism that he has tested. He further stated that he

> > can not identify the protozoa, feeling that it has not yet been

> > discovered in mainstream science. For the record, some of the

> > antibiotics and worm medications, also kill protozoa. But, the natural

> > things that kill protozoa are also often anti-viral. So, it's still

> > unclear. At this point, I still believe it's best to treat for all

> > pathogen types (protozoa, worms, bacteria, viruses, and yeast). Also,

> > keep in mind that some of those with autism and/or mental retardation

> > are getting it from worms. If you Google, you will learn that having

> > worms while very young can cause mental retardation and all kinds of

> > developmental delays, which would include autism symptoms. So, yes be

> > aware that treating for worms and protozoa should be considered. Also,

> > Google to learn how the testing is very unreliable. The good autism

> > docs know this. It's about getting a good health practitioner that

> > knows about which labs and testing to use or knows how to go by symptoms.

> >

> > Love and prayers,

> >

> > Heidi N

> >

>

I understood what you said about the lack of whip worms in the GI tract causing

autism, however, my opinion differs.

Possibly the lack of whipworms causes an overgrowth of other worms, however,

either way, treating a worm overgrowth is creating tremendous gains at my house.

> >

> > I hate to bust this thread but we ALL have worms, and parasites living in

our bodies, you can do a quick thread on whip worms and they find people with GI

issues are actually LOW in whip worms and it's being used a treatment. see you

can't just look at what our kids have, you have to look at what our kids have

that NT kids don't have......

> >

> >

> >

> > From: allrpossible@

> > Sent: Friday, February 18, 2011 9:39 PM

> > To: mb12 valtrex

> > Subject: Re: Vit A procotol and Parasites...

> >

> >

> >

> >

> > Love and prayers,

> >

> > Heidi N

> >

>

are you sure it was worms or yeast coming out, yeast is also stringy

Sent: Saturday, February 19, 2011 11:48 AM

To: mb12 valtrex

Subject: Re: Re: Vit A procotol and Parasites...

That was rich.Sent from my iPhone

so my daughter has been pretty yeasty lately and I've been giving her probiotics. she's been passing snotty looking yeast and then this morning I saw 2 worms in it----white and about an inch (just over maybe) long. I've been reading that families will usually have them together, so I def. know something is up with my son!!or maybe I should have put them back in..........H> > >> > > I hate to bust this thread but we ALL have worms, and parasites living in our bodies, you can do a quick thread on whip worms and they find people with GI issues are actually LOW in whip worms and it's being used a treatment. see you can't just look at what our kids have, you have to look at what our kids have that NT kids don't have......> > > > > > > > > > > > From: allrpossible@ > > > Sent: Friday, February 18, 2011 9:39 PM> > > To: mb12 valtrex > > > Subject: Re: Vit A procotol and Parasites...> > > > > > > > > > > > I don't think it's worms as much as it's protozoa -- which are like > > > microscopic worms. A researcher I know says that he found a protozoa in > > > all of those with autism that he has tested. He further stated that he > > > can not identify the protozoa, feeling that it has not yet been > > > discovered in mainstream science. For the record, some of the > > > antibiotics and worm medications, also kill protozoa. But, the natural > > > things that kill protozoa are also often anti-viral. So, it's still > > > unclear. At this point, I still believe it's best to treat for all > > > pathogen types (protozoa, worms, bacteria, viruses, and yeast). Also, > > > keep in mind that some of those with autism and/or mental retardation > > > are getting it from worms. If you Google, you will learn that having > > > worms while very young can cause mental retardation and all kinds of > > > developmental delays, which would include autism symptoms. So, yes be > > > aware that treating for worms and protozoa should be considered. Also, > > > Google to learn how the testing is very unreliable. The good autism > > > docs know this. It's about getting a good health practitioner that > > > knows about which labs and testing to use or knows how to go by symptoms.> > > > > > Love and prayers,> > > > > > Heidi N> > >> >>

antibiotics can also be helpful when used correctly, they are not evil in and of themselves and can bring healing! you can't throw the baby out with the bath water. I am not saying iodine doesn't help in areas, I am just saying it’s not a cure all!

you said " Iodine has shown and is showing effect on all those issues" effect yes, that is a large leap to cure!

where is your info on iodine chelating?? it will not looseing metals from the organs in the body or cross the BBB to bring metals across that I have ever seen anywhere?!?

you said " Iodine solves it because the gut needs iodine to work correctly" the gut needs many things work correctly, again glutamine can do that as well....but again its not going to cure everybody! probiotics can do that, but may not be everyones answers, pancretic enzymes can be effective as well....they are ALL needed to work correctly. I have yet to see any study that has said all people with GI issues have low iodine...have you? that would be amazing if it was!

you said " Consider the possibility the research into celiac didnt exactly point to a genetic disease but actually if they looked further they would find iodine deficiency. Not saying its true, saying it's not known"

again that is making some bold assumption with out any research backing it...or even suggestive studies showing it. it can be a chicken and the egg thing as well. were they celiac first (via genes and genetics) which lead to leaky gut which lead to iodine being lost???!?!?! I wouldn't think iodine would change genes.....

you said "probably cause it is one thing most deficient in all people. It is one of many nutrients the body is lacking. And when the body is lacking iodine the entire body goes haywire."

where are you finding that it is the ONE thing most deficient in all people???

anytime the body is lacking in ANY nutrient the body suffers and goes haywire, not just iodine....

you say " This is proven. And being proven still in the many people that are fixing their problems with iodine. And magnesium and Vit C and Selenium and D3 and Natural Salt. And clean water. And protein. All in combination. Take away the iodine and you dont have the healing effect, so yeah i tend to think it's the iodine. "

really??? so if you put in dirty water or take out natural salts but leave the iodine then healing couldn't happen???? you realize then that with a statement like that we should just be able to take iodine and BOOM everything is better! we all know TONS of healing stories and with out iodine that would also prove that whole statement false!

you said "I have never said it was THE one thing"

so what do I do with the last 2 statement you made?? and HOW is that NOT saying that iodine is the ONE cure all. both your statements above condridict your whole premise of saying that

you are sadly mistaken on my knowledge of iodine as well, I had to research it years ago with having graves disease (which I also undid and it had NOTHING to do with iodine) I had to avoid it like the plague and still don't use it. (not in my salts ect) my thryoid levels have been fine for 6 years now. your posting did also make me dig more (I love research) infact I went as far as turning my famiy into an experiment after you posting and doing patch testing on us all. my son (previous ASD and many medical problems solved and didn't use any iodine) lasted 8 hours. my NT daughter 12, my NT yountest 8 hours me 18 the first day. (both my son and youngest have autoimmune issues and LYME and PANDAS so I thought with their clostrida, yeast and lyme it would make for an intersting study) 2nd day trial 12 hours on previous ASD boy and mine normal 24 hours. my NT middle 24 hours, and my youngest it lasted 3 days!!!!! (yeah how about THAT swing????) yeah and she STILL has a slight mark. I had a terrible reaction back in the day with meds for thyroid and iodine. ended up sitting a drooling for 2 days completely unable to function and rocking because my thryoid was being messed with so bad and could swing from hyper to hypo in less then a week or 2. they were talking about removing my thryoid because the swings were so sever, or doing a bata block to bring me back from the coma state I was in. one of only severe cases of graves with both hypo and hyper scales, 5 cases this dr had seen in 20 years of working at mayo he told me. I started research on my son and read up on selenium and knew we both had merucy issues.....took selenium (was also infertile and hadn't ovulated in 3 years and was doing testing every 3 days) and ovulated on day 3 of selenium (took it about 2 weeks) and stopped taking it not sure what would happen if I became prego and went in for retesting and have been graves free and thyroid problem free since! (again no iodine which according to your statement I couldn't do with out that one component) sure enough I was prego weeks later! I HAD TO study up on iodine as I was petrified of going back to my graves and what that could mean being prego and the odds for miscarriage sky rocketing and had to protect my body. there are many great things I Have found over my many years of biomed. and watch parents grab on because it does great things in THEIR life. and that is great! share it by all means! I am certainly not here to bash your experience and I think patch testing is a wise Idea to see where your kids are at. I say by all means look into, BUT I hate when I see parents go so far on a limb to think it's the ONE thing that is going to change your whole life outlook on healing because it puts terrible messages out to those that won't try it or sends them the message they are bad parents, or it discounts all others experience that don't line up with what you may be saying ect. (I have yet over 8 years of being around these boards-and MANY of them- found a formula that works with ALL kids for ALL healing)some things may be good for one when infact other kids may simply not need that. one mans food is another mans poisen (I LOVE this statement) and we can respectfully disagree. Dana and I for example have had different life journies with our kids. there were thing that were her kids answers that would have been devistating for my sons recovery, and vice versa, had she had her son on MY sons restrictive diet she wouldn't have gotten the answers and gains she needs for her child. we need to look at our kids a individuals with SO MANY different things going on....and the answers are MANY, and various,......one of the sayings I have used for years is there is more then one way to get from vermont to california. you can walk, hitch hick, take a train, a bus, a plane, go straight, go slow, go fast ect....but the imporant thing is you "get there" your jouney may not look like mine....and guess what! that is ok!!! you may be able to handle strep line probiotics,....mine can't. you may be able to eat gluten, mine it would trigger seizers, I may be able to loose his dx, others may not...I support your journey in learning....BIG TIME....but moderation and balance is good to!! hyper and hypo thryoid even respond differntly for iodine....I find it scary that you recommend for BOTH to do big doses of iodine and I would causion again that....and for people to do there own research. I would hate for someone to sit rocking for days like a zobbie drooling on yourself like I did for days.....thyroids are still organs to rever and read up on and protect your body in the process of learning.

Sent: Saturday, February 19, 2011 12:23 PM

Subject: Re: Vit A procotol and Parasites...

Actually i wasnt assuming, it was what i read. The worms can and does do bad things to people. Kinda like antibiotics can and does do bad things to people. I am more inclined to do no harm. Giving the body what it needs to fix itself is my idea of doing no harm. We are actually starting to see a market for iodine with whole people walking around healthy. Just have to read the iodine board for a few days to see this. Doctors are now recommending it 10 times more than they were just a few years ago. Granted many docs arent on board yet, and some will never be, but many are there now. And seeing the results. You say: "iodine will not solve and IGA defiency (it's an immune problem) or celiac diesase or metal issues ect."That is a false statement. Iodine has shown and is showing effect on all those issues. Iodine solves it because the gut needs iodine to work correctly. Iodine lowers or eliminates antibodies. Iodine helps the body chelate metals. Consider the possibility the research into celiac didnt exactly point to a genetic disease but actually if they looked further they would find iodine deficiency. Not saying its true, saying it's not known.I personally think most research is flawed because all researchers fail to have baseline nutritional levels. Without knowing if iodine (or other necessary nutrients) levels are deficient how can they know the real cause? I dont think they can. Perhaps they are only seeing the effect, not the cause..Both hyper and hypo. Iodine never killed anyone. That is a myth perpetuated by doctors that are iodiophobic. Make someone so sick with dieoff they think they were dying, maybe. I have never said it was THE one thing. Iodine is the main thing, probably cause it is one thing most deficient in all people. It is one of many nutrients the body is lacking. And when the body is lacking iodine the entire body goes haywire.To different degress. This is proven. And being proven still in the many people that are fixing their problems with iodine. And magnesium and Vit C and Selenium and D3 and Natural Salt. And clean water. And protein. All in combination. Take away the iodine and you dont have the healing effect, so yeah i tend to think it's the iodine. Iodine doesnt suddenly remove autism. Never said it did. Always said it takes time to effect healing in the body. It doesnt happen overnight. I think that we see the forest differently. Altho we seem to agree on many things, there is this one thing we dont, iodine. With the utmost respect for your biomedical knowledge, I think you have a lack of iodine knowledge, as this post in my opinion reflects. And it effects your perception of the forest more than you realize. And it scares me to think people will not try iodine because of it.And i think a person with your experience and knowledge could do so many people a favor (because you know so much and share so much of that knowledge) by learning the truth about iodine. Cheryl>> yeah but you are assumeing this parasite is doing all this bad stuff. if its doing good stuff its no more wacked out then putting good bacteria or good yeast in you. (probiotics and sacc B) you are also assume this helps a low % of people which the results show much differently. you are also assumeing that the parasite is causing illness when again it isn't. I know families with autism who have done this and seen amazing things (not just GI related) you are also making an assumption that iodine is a solve all for all things. which is absurd to think that one thing will cure all things. if that was the case we would again have whole people walking around and the market of iodine would be flooded. coming from someone with a throid disorder that iodine could have KILLED....this is a scary thing for me to watch you assume that blanket wise this covers all things for all people and solves all medical problems. iodine will not solve and IGA defiency (it's an immune problem) or celiac diesase or metal issues ect. which can be the base root of some of these other issues. you don't live by iodine alone. you have to look at people as individuals and see what is going haywire in THEM, and what things can effect that....and I think I am safe to say that doesn't come back to ONE thing being the defect in all society. for years I have watch drs scream that about one vitamine (like vit D was the crazy a few years back) and that if we all had good levels in that we wouldn't have cancer, or colds, or flu, or autism ect ect ect. they are dangerous band wagons to watch people on. that being said vit D IS important, and we need to look and say ok how are my levels??? same for iondine! but I wouldn't run and say ALL people need iodine and all things going haywire in a body are because all people are low. infact that can do great harm.....look at our vaccination program....life is just simpley NOT a one size fits all shirt! I had to avoid iodine to the place I had to have them REPREP my C-section because they didn't read my birth plan! I could have gone into shock had I not noticed. we as the autism community as a whole are out tring a lot of "wacked out thing" because there are NO ONE answers. HBOT, CHELATION, MASSIVE DIET CHANGES, UNGODLY LEVELS OF PROBIOTICS, GOOD YEAST, TONS OF MEDS AND SUPPLIMENTS, that the world looks as wacked out. are they really??? NO we are healing looking at the individual.....you can't replace iodine in for a lot of those things and expect it suddenly makes autism go away any more then just removing gluten would do. it may help a few areas, but there is a whole big picture to look at, don't get lost In the forest looking at just one tree.....when there is a whole forest infront of you yet to conquire!

antibiotics can also be helpful when used correctly, they are not evil in and of themselves and can bring healing! you can't throw the baby out with the bath water. I am not saying iodine doesn't help in areas, I am just saying it’s not a cure all!

you said " Iodine has shown and is showing effect on all those issues" effect yes, that is a large leap to cure!

where is your info on iodine chelating?? it will not looseing metals from the organs in the body or cross the BBB to bring metals across that I have ever seen anywhere?!?

you said " Iodine solves it because the gut needs iodine to work correctly" the gut needs many things work correctly, again glutamine can do that as well....but again its not going to cure everybody! probiotics can do that, but may not be everyones answers, pancretic enzymes can be effective as well....they are ALL needed to work correctly. I have yet to see any study that has said all people with GI issues have low iodine...have you? that would be amazing if it was!

you said " Consider the possibility the research into celiac didnt exactly point to a genetic disease but actually if they looked further they would find iodine deficiency. Not saying its true, saying it's not known"

again that is making some bold assumption with out any research backing it...or even suggestive studies showing it. it can be a chicken and the egg thing as well. were they celiac first (via genes and genetics) which lead to leaky gut which lead to iodine being lost???!?!?! I wouldn't think iodine would change genes.....

you said "probably cause it is one thing most deficient in all people. It is one of many nutrients the body is lacking. And when the body is lacking iodine the entire body goes haywire."

where are you finding that it is the ONE thing most deficient in all people???

anytime the body is lacking in ANY nutrient the body suffers and goes haywire, not just iodine....

you say " This is proven. And being proven still in the many people that are fixing their problems with iodine. And magnesium and Vit C and Selenium and D3 and Natural Salt. And clean water. And protein. All in combination. Take away the iodine and you dont have the healing effect, so yeah i tend to think it's the iodine. "

really??? so if you put in dirty water or take out natural salts but leave the iodine then healing couldn't happen???? you realize then that with a statement like that we should just be able to take iodine and BOOM everything is better! we all know TONS of healing stories and with out iodine that would also prove that whole statement false!

you said "I have never said it was THE one thing"

so what do I do with the last 2 statement you made?? and HOW is that NOT saying that iodine is the ONE cure all. both your statements above condridict your whole premise of saying that

you are sadly mistaken on my knowledge of iodine as well, I had to research it years ago with having graves disease (which I also undid and it had NOTHING to do with iodine) I had to avoid it like the plague and still don't use it. (not in my salts ect) my thryoid levels have been fine for 6 years now. your posting did also make me dig more (I love research) infact I went as far as turning my famiy into an experiment after you posting and doing patch testing on us all. my son (previous ASD and many medical problems solved and didn't use any iodine) lasted 8 hours. my NT daughter 12, my NT yountest 8 hours me 18 the first day. (both my son and youngest have autoimmune issues and LYME and PANDAS so I thought with their clostrida, yeast and lyme it would make for an intersting study) 2nd day trial 12 hours on previous ASD boy and mine normal 24 hours. my NT middle 24 hours, and my youngest it lasted 3 days!!!!! (yeah how about THAT swing????) yeah and she STILL has a slight mark. I had a terrible reaction back in the day with meds for thyroid and iodine. ended up sitting a drooling for 2 days completely unable to function and rocking because my thryoid was being messed with so bad and could swing from hyper to hypo in less then a week or 2. they were talking about removing my thryoid because the swings were so sever, or doing a bata block to bring me back from the coma state I was in. one of only severe cases of graves with both hypo and hyper scales, 5 cases this dr had seen in 20 years of working at mayo he told me. I started research on my son and read up on selenium and knew we both had merucy issues.....took selenium (was also infertile and hadn't ovulated in 3 years and was doing testing every 3 days) and ovulated on day 3 of selenium (took it about 2 weeks) and stopped taking it not sure what would happen if I became prego and went in for retesting and have been graves free and thyroid problem free since! (again no iodine which according to your statement I couldn't do with out that one component) sure enough I was prego weeks later! I HAD TO study up on iodine as I was petrified of going back to my graves and what that could mean being prego and the odds for miscarriage sky rocketing and had to protect my body. there are many great things I Have found over my many years of biomed. and watch parents grab on because it does great things in THEIR life. and that is great! share it by all means! I am certainly not here to bash your experience and I think patch testing is a wise Idea to see where your kids are at. I say by all means look into, BUT I hate when I see parents go so far on a limb to think it's the ONE thing that is going to change your whole life outlook on healing because it puts terrible messages out to those that won't try it or sends them the message they are bad parents, or it discounts all others experience that don't line up with what you may be saying ect. (I have yet over 8 years of being around these boards-and MANY of them- found a formula that works with ALL kids for ALL healing)some things may be good for one when infact other kids may simply not need that. one mans food is another mans poisen (I LOVE this statement) and we can respectfully disagree. Dana and I for example have had different life journies with our kids. there were thing that were her kids answers that would have been devistating for my sons recovery, and vice versa, had she had her son on MY sons restrictive diet she wouldn't have gotten the answers and gains she needs for her child. we need to look at our kids a individuals with SO MANY different things going on....and the answers are MANY, and various,......one of the sayings I have used for years is there is more then one way to get from vermont to california. you can walk, hitch hick, take a train, a bus, a plane, go straight, go slow, go fast ect....but the imporant thing is you "get there" your jouney may not look like mine....and guess what! that is ok!!! you may be able to handle strep line probiotics,....mine can't. you may be able to eat gluten, mine it would trigger seizers, I may be able to loose his dx, others may not...I support your journey in learning....BIG TIME....but moderation and balance is good to!! hyper and hypo thryoid even respond differntly for iodine....I find it scary that you recommend for BOTH to do big doses of iodine and I would causion again that....and for people to do there own research. I would hate for someone to sit rocking for days like a zobbie drooling on yourself like I did for days.....thyroids are still organs to rever and read up on and protect your body in the process of learning.

Sent: Saturday, February 19, 2011 12:23 PM

Actually i wasnt assuming, it was what i read. The worms can and does do bad things to people. Kinda like antibiotics can and does do bad things to people. I am more inclined to do no harm. Giving the body what it needs to fix itself is my idea of doing no harm. We are actually starting to see a market for iodine with whole people walking around healthy. Just have to read the iodine board for a few days to see this. Doctors are now recommending it 10 times more than they were just a few years ago. Granted many docs arent on board yet, and some will never be, but many are there now. And seeing the results. You say: "iodine will not solve and IGA defiency (it's an immune problem) or celiac diesase or metal issues ect."That is a false statement. Iodine has shown and is showing effect on all those issues. Iodine solves it because the gut needs iodine to work correctly. Iodine lowers or eliminates antibodies. Iodine helps the body chelate metals. Consider the possibility the research into celiac didnt exactly point to a genetic disease but actually if they looked further they would find iodine deficiency. Not saying its true, saying it's not known.I personally think most research is flawed because all researchers fail to have baseline nutritional levels. Without knowing if iodine (or other necessary nutrients) levels are deficient how can they know the real cause? I dont think they can. Perhaps they are only seeing the effect, not the cause..Both hyper and hypo. Iodine never killed anyone. That is a myth perpetuated by doctors that are iodiophobic. Make someone so sick with dieoff they think they were dying, maybe. I have never said it was THE one thing. Iodine is the main thing, probably cause it is one thing most deficient in all people. It is one of many nutrients the body is lacking. And when the body is lacking iodine the entire body goes haywire.To different degress. This is proven. And being proven still in the many people that are fixing their problems with iodine. And magnesium and Vit C and Selenium and D3 and Natural Salt. And clean water. And protein. All in combination. Take away the iodine and you dont have the healing effect, so yeah i tend to think it's the iodine. Iodine doesnt suddenly remove autism. Never said it did. Always said it takes time to effect healing in the body. It doesnt happen overnight. I think that we see the forest differently. Altho we seem to agree on many things, there is this one thing we dont, iodine. With the utmost respect for your biomedical knowledge, I think you have a lack of iodine knowledge, as this post in my opinion reflects. And it effects your perception of the forest more than you realize. And it scares me to think people will not try iodine because of it.And i think a person with your experience and knowledge could do so many people a favor (because you know so much and share so much of that knowledge) by learning the truth about iodine. Cheryl>> yeah but you are assumeing this parasite is doing all this bad stuff. if its doing good stuff its no more wacked out then putting good bacteria or good yeast in you. (probiotics and sacc B) you are also assume this helps a low % of people which the results show much differently. you are also assumeing that the parasite is causing illness when again it isn't. I know families with autism who have done this and seen amazing things (not just GI related) you are also making an assumption that iodine is a solve all for all things. which is absurd to think that one thing will cure all things. if that was the case we would again have whole people walking around and the market of iodine would be flooded. coming from someone with a throid disorder that iodine could have KILLED....this is a scary thing for me to watch you assume that blanket wise this covers all things for all people and solves all medical problems. iodine will not solve and IGA defiency (it's an immune problem) or celiac diesase or metal issues ect. which can be the base root of some of these other issues. you don't live by iodine alone. you have to look at people as individuals and see what is going haywire in THEM, and what things can effect that....and I think I am safe to say that doesn't come back to ONE thing being the defect in all society. for years I have watch drs scream that about one vitamine (like vit D was the crazy a few years back) and that if we all had good levels in that we wouldn't have cancer, or colds, or flu, or autism ect ect ect. they are dangerous band wagons to watch people on. that being said vit D IS important, and we need to look and say ok how are my levels??? same for iondine! but I wouldn't run and say ALL people need iodine and all things going haywire in a body are because all people are low. infact that can do great harm.....look at our vaccination program....life is just simpley NOT a one size fits all shirt! I had to avoid iodine to the place I had to have them REPREP my C-section because they didn't read my birth plan! I could have gone into shock had I not noticed. we as the autism community as a whole are out tring a lot of "wacked out thing" because there are NO ONE answers. HBOT, CHELATION, MASSIVE DIET CHANGES, UNGODLY LEVELS OF PROBIOTICS, GOOD YEAST, TONS OF MEDS AND SUPPLIMENTS, that the world looks as wacked out. are they really??? NO we are healing looking at the individual.....you can't replace iodine in for a lot of those things and expect it suddenly makes autism go away any more then just removing gluten would do. it may help a few areas, but there is a whole big picture to look at, don't get lost In the forest looking at just one tree.....when there is a whole forest infront of you yet to conquire!

that’s great that means YOU have worms....and you found YOUR answer!

never said whip worms caused autism either....the lack of them causes GI issues like our kids have, and treatment is releaving that BIG portion of what many of us parents are dealing with. I am with you, I don’t think I personally could do it for me or my kids....I have choosen another route, just trying to show you that not ALL worms are bad

Sent: Saturday, February 19, 2011 12:33 PM

I understood what you said about the lack of whip worms in the GI tract causing autism, however, my opinion differs.Possibly the lack of whipworms causes an overgrowth of other worms, however, either way, treating a worm overgrowth is creating tremendous gains at my house.> >> > I hate to bust this thread but we ALL have worms, and parasites living in our bodies, you can do a quick thread on whip worms and they find people with GI issues are actually LOW in whip worms and it's being used a treatment. see you can't just look at what our kids have, you have to look at what our kids have that NT kids don't have......> > > > > > > > From: allrpossible@ > > Sent: Friday, February 18, 2011 9:39 PM> > To: mb12 valtrex > > Subject: Re: Vit A procotol and Parasites...> > > > > > > > I don't think it's worms as much as it's protozoa -- which are like > > microscopic worms. A researcher I know says that he found a protozoa in > > all of those with autism that he has tested. He further stated that he > > can not identify the protozoa, feeling that it has not yet been > > discovered in mainstream science. For the record, some of the > > antibiotics and worm medications, also kill protozoa. But, the natural > > things that kill protozoa are also often anti-viral. So, it's still > > unclear. At this point, I still believe it's best to treat for all > > pathogen types (protozoa, worms, bacteria, viruses, and yeast). Also, > > keep in mind that some of those with autism and/or mental retardation > > are getting it from worms. If you Google, you will learn that having > > worms while very young can cause mental retardation and all kinds of > > developmental delays, which would include autism symptoms. So, yes be > > aware that treating for worms and protozoa should be considered. Also, > > Google to learn how the testing is very unreliable. The good autism > > docs know this. It's about getting a good health practitioner that > > knows about which labs and testing to use or knows how to go by symptoms.> > > > Love and prayers,> > > > Heidi N> >>

that’s great that means YOU have worms....and you found YOUR answer!

never said whip worms caused autism either....the lack of them causes GI issues like our kids have, and treatment is releaving that BIG portion of what many of us parents are dealing with. I am with you, I don’t think I personally could do it for me or my kids....I have choosen another route, just trying to show you that not ALL worms are bad

Sent: Saturday, February 19, 2011 12:33 PM

I understood what you said about the lack of whip worms in the GI tract causing autism, however, my opinion differs.Possibly the lack of whipworms causes an overgrowth of other worms, however, either way, treating a worm overgrowth is creating tremendous gains at my house.> >> > I hate to bust this thread but we ALL have worms, and parasites living in our bodies, you can do a quick thread on whip worms and they find people with GI issues are actually LOW in whip worms and it's being used a treatment. see you can't just look at what our kids have, you have to look at what our kids have that NT kids don't have......> > > > > > > > From: allrpossible@ > > Sent: Friday, February 18, 2011 9:39 PM> > To: mb12 valtrex > > Subject: Re: Vit A procotol and Parasites...> > > > > > > > I don't think it's worms as much as it's protozoa -- which are like > > microscopic worms. A researcher I know says that he found a protozoa in > > all of those with autism that he has tested. He further stated that he > > can not identify the protozoa, feeling that it has not yet been > > discovered in mainstream science. For the record, some of the > > antibiotics and worm medications, also kill protozoa. But, the natural > > things that kill protozoa are also often anti-viral. So, it's still > > unclear. At this point, I still believe it's best to treat for all > > pathogen types (protozoa, worms, bacteria, viruses, and yeast). Also, > > keep in mind that some of those with autism and/or mental retardation > > are getting it from worms. If you Google, you will learn that having > > worms while very young can cause mental retardation and all kinds of > > developmental delays, which would include autism symptoms. So, yes be > > aware that treating for worms and protozoa should be considered. Also, > > Google to learn how the testing is very unreliable. The good autism > > docs know this. It's about getting a good health practitioner that > > knows about which labs and testing to use or knows how to go by symptoms.> > > > Love and prayers,> > > > Heidi N> >>

he was saying there in all peoples guts, regaurdless of sanitation. did you know that your body is made up of more foreign matters (bacteria, yeast, parasites, worms) cells then there are YOU cells

Sent: Saturday, February 19, 2011 11:06 AM

This particular worm is not suppose to be in people. This particular worm causes issues and are removed if found in people. They are not normally in healthy bodies with good sanitation. The theory is that adding this worm creates mucous so they are using the one good function of the worm(creating mucous) to outweigh the bad (sucking of oxygen, blood and glucose) or even finding the cause of the lack of mucus.Or am i confused? Read so much about worms in the last few days its a definite possibility. Probably the worms in my brain! Cheryl> >> > I hate to bust this thread but we ALL have worms, and parasites living in our bodies, you can do a quick thread on whip worms and they find people with GI issues are actually LOW in whip worms and it's being used a treatment. see you can't just look at what our kids have, you have to look at what our kids have that NT kids don't have......> > > > > > > > From: allrpossible@ > > Sent: Friday, February 18, 2011 9:39 PM> > To: mb12 valtrex > > Subject: Re: Vit A procotol and Parasites...> > > > > > > > I don't think it's worms as much as it's protozoa -- which are like > > microscopic worms. A researcher I know says that he found a protozoa in > > all of those with autism that he has tested. He further stated that he > > can not identify the protozoa, feeling that it has not yet been > > discovered in mainstream science. For the record, some of the > > antibiotics and worm medications, also kill protozoa. But, the natural > > things that kill protozoa are also often anti-viral. So, it's still > > unclear. At this point, I still believe it's best to treat for all > > pathogen types (protozoa, worms, bacteria, viruses, and yeast). Also, > > keep in mind that some of those with autism and/or mental retardation > > are getting it from worms. If you Google, you will learn that having > > worms while very young can cause mental retardation and all kinds of > > developmental delays, which would include autism symptoms. So, yes be > > aware that treating for worms and protozoa should be considered. Also, > > Google to learn how the testing is very unreliable. The good autism > > docs know this. It's about getting a good health practitioner that > > knows about which labs and testing to use or knows how to go by symptoms.> > > > Love and prayers,> > > > Heidi N> >>

he was saying there in all peoples guts, regaurdless of sanitation. did you know that your body is made up of more foreign matters (bacteria, yeast, parasites, worms) cells then there are YOU cells

Sent: Saturday, February 19, 2011 11:06 AM

This particular worm is not suppose to be in people. This particular worm causes issues and are removed if found in people. They are not normally in healthy bodies with good sanitation. The theory is that adding this worm creates mucous so they are using the one good function of the worm(creating mucous) to outweigh the bad (sucking of oxygen, blood and glucose) or even finding the cause of the lack of mucus.Or am i confused? Read so much about worms in the last few days its a definite possibility. Probably the worms in my brain! Cheryl> >> > I hate to bust this thread but we ALL have worms, and parasites living in our bodies, you can do a quick thread on whip worms and they find people with GI issues are actually LOW in whip worms and it's being used a treatment. see you can't just look at what our kids have, you have to look at what our kids have that NT kids don't have......> > > > > > > > From: allrpossible@ > > Sent: Friday, February 18, 2011 9:39 PM> > To: mb12 valtrex > > Subject: Re: Vit A procotol and Parasites...> > > > > > > > I don't think it's worms as much as it's protozoa -- which are like > > microscopic worms. A researcher I know says that he found a protozoa in > > all of those with autism that he has tested. He further stated that he > > can not identify the protozoa, feeling that it has not yet been > > discovered in mainstream science. For the record, some of the > > antibiotics and worm medications, also kill protozoa. But, the natural > > things that kill protozoa are also often anti-viral. So, it's still > > unclear. At this point, I still believe it's best to treat for all > > pathogen types (protozoa, worms, bacteria, viruses, and yeast). Also, > > keep in mind that some of those with autism and/or mental retardation > > are getting it from worms. If you Google, you will learn that having > > worms while very young can cause mental retardation and all kinds of > > developmental delays, which would include autism symptoms. So, yes be > > aware that treating for worms and protozoa should be considered. Also, > > Google to learn how the testing is very unreliable. The good autism > > docs know this. It's about getting a good health practitioner that > > knows about which labs and testing to use or knows how to go by symptoms.> > > > Love and prayers,> > > > Heidi N> >>

do you use probiotics??? that is a bacteria (parasite of type that is going to take root in your gut and live there) or sacc B?

Sent: Saturday, February 19, 2011 7:57 AM

That makes me think of when leaches were used to treat various illnesses. I could never introduce a parasite as a treatment, and I've tried some questionable things.>> I hate to bust this thread but we ALL have worms, and parasites living in our bodies, you can do a quick thread on whip worms and they find people with GI issues are actually LOW in whip worms and it's being used a treatment. see you can't just look at what our kids have, you have to look at what our kids have that NT kids don't have......> > > > From: allrpossible@... > Sent: Friday, February 18, 2011 9:39 PM> To: mb12 valtrex > Subject: Re: Vit A procotol and Parasites...> > > > I don't think it's worms as much as it's protozoa -- which are like > microscopic worms. A researcher I know says that he found a protozoa in > all of those with autism that he has tested. He further stated that he > can not identify the protozoa, feeling that it has not yet been > discovered in mainstream science. For the record, some of the > antibiotics and worm medications, also kill protozoa. But, the natural > things that kill protozoa are also often anti-viral. So, it's still > unclear. At this point, I still believe it's best to treat for all > pathogen types (protozoa, worms, bacteria, viruses, and yeast). Also, > keep in mind that some of those with autism and/or mental retardation > are getting it from worms. If you Google, you will learn that having > worms while very young can cause mental retardation and all kinds of > developmental delays, which would include autism symptoms. So, yes be > aware that treating for worms and protozoa should be considered. Also, > Google to learn how the testing is very unreliable. The good autism > docs know this. It's about getting a good health practitioner that > knows about which labs and testing to use or knows how to go by symptoms.> > Love and prayers,> > Heidi N>

do you use probiotics??? that is a bacteria (parasite of type that is going to take root in your gut and live there) or sacc B?

Sent: Saturday, February 19, 2011 7:57 AM

That makes me think of when leaches were used to treat various illnesses. I could never introduce a parasite as a treatment, and I've tried some questionable things.>> I hate to bust this thread but we ALL have worms, and parasites living in our bodies, you can do a quick thread on whip worms and they find people with GI issues are actually LOW in whip worms and it's being used a treatment. see you can't just look at what our kids have, you have to look at what our kids have that NT kids don't have......> > > > From: allrpossible@... > Sent: Friday, February 18, 2011 9:39 PM> To: mb12 valtrex > Subject: Re: Vit A procotol and Parasites...> > > > I don't think it's worms as much as it's protozoa -- which are like > microscopic worms. A researcher I know says that he found a protozoa in > all of those with autism that he has tested. He further stated that he > can not identify the protozoa, feeling that it has not yet been > discovered in mainstream science. For the record, some of the > antibiotics and worm medications, also kill protozoa. But, the natural > things that kill protozoa are also often anti-viral. So, it's still > unclear. At this point, I still believe it's best to treat for all > pathogen types (protozoa, worms, bacteria, viruses, and yeast). Also, > keep in mind that some of those with autism and/or mental retardation > are getting it from worms. If you Google, you will learn that having > worms while very young can cause mental retardation and all kinds of > developmental delays, which would include autism symptoms. So, yes be > aware that treating for worms and protozoa should be considered. Also, > Google to learn how the testing is very unreliable. The good autism > docs know this. It's about getting a good health practitioner that > knows about which labs and testing to use or knows how to go by symptoms.> > Love and prayers,> > Heidi N>

Hi Cheryl. My son reacts the same to all meds.Natural or not. He

becomes extremely uncooperative.Screams for days,and he can't

console himself.He can get so bad that he has attempted to jump out

of the car window,and other crazy things.He is 11 yrs. old . I

don't know yet,but I am wondering if his immune system is hyper and

goes way overboard.I got my son into Dr.Ru and we are just getting

started. Thank you Cheryl for your ideas. Tammy F.

Hi Chery.I have tried many, many things for my son,

including iodine. He got very sick on it,just like

everything else I try(except valtrex).Yesterday I found

some blood work that had been done on my son,and his

iodine levels where flagged as high.Do you know why his

would be high? It was not at the time that I tried the

iodine on him. Last year I got my

son a series of foot baths and the first few foot baths

where so full of a bleach smell you could hardly be in the

same room.Someone said(maybe it was you) that ,that means

my son needs more iodine .The body holds onto the bleach

if it does not have enough iodine. Any thoughts on

why his iodine level was high? Thank You,Tammy F.

Cheryl, is 12.5 mgs a safe dose of iodine? I am

struggling with hair loss and waiting on labs. My

son is hypothyroid. Just wondering where to begin

at?

> > >

> > > As this group is now very intereted

in parasites, I wanted to post to this group what

I posted to the borrelia board recently.

> > >

> > > I have been treating myself for

lyme, strep, etc for over 3 years and have been

very sick. I was easily able to relate to my son's

illness (AKA autism) and have him dx with autism

before he was 1 years old b/c I was sooo sick

myself with many symptoms similiar to autism.

> > >

> > > After many, many years of

treatment, I am doing very well, finally, just

shortly after beginning an extensive worm protocol

with allinia and an herbal parasite formula in

addition to the augmentin I take for strep.

> > >

> > > I know many families have found

success treating for yeast, strep, lyme, herpes,

measles, but I am truly wondering if the root of

our problem is worms. This would certainly explain

the gut issues and the malnutrition.

> > >

> > > My son is only about 2 weeks into

his worm protocol, but we are optimistic for great

things (he potty trained in 24 hours.) We have

actually stopped his other supplements b/c I think

many are feeding the worms and will resume once we

are further along.

> > >

> > > Caryn

>

I live in indiana and I was wondering who you saw?

> >

> >

> > Love and prayers,

> >

> > Heidi N

> >

>

Cheryl,I forgot to tell you that he tried Iodide and he has tried

SSKI.Started out on very small specs of them. Thanks,Tammy F.

Hi Tammy,

When you say you tried iodine and he got very sick, how

much iodine, what kind of iodine and what type of sick?

Not sure about the iodine blood levels. Different docs

read results differently, too. I know testing iodine in

the blood is not reliable. Probably because alot of iodine

in the blood can mean either he was unable to uptake it

into cells (cause things like

bromide/fluoride/chlorine/metals were displacing the

iodine) or his thyroid is unable to uptake iodine. Might

be other reasons.

What was in the foot baths? The bleach smell may have been

chlorine coming out. Did you use distilled water in the

baths? Is he taking Valtrex because of known high virus

levels? Is he high in metals too? When you say Valtrex is

the only one he could take, what were the others he

couldnt take? (Wondering if something in them also

displaces iodine, like Antibiotics with Fluoride).

Cheryl

>

> Hi Chery.I have tried many, many things for my son,

including iodine. He

> got very sick on it,just like everything else I

try(except

> valtrex).Yesterday I found some blood work that had

been done on my

> son,and his iodine levels where flagged as high.Do

you know why his

> would be high? It was not at the time that I tried

the iodine on

> him. Last year I got my son a series of foot baths

> and the first few foot baths where so full of a

bleach smell you could

> hardly be in the same room.Someone said(maybe it was

you) that ,that

> means my son needs more iodine .The body holds onto

the bleach if it

> does not have enough iodine. Any thoughts on why his

iodine level

> was high? Thank You,Tammy F.

I am going to try and respond and cover everything but it was long and I feel i

should address a few things but dont know how to do it effectively without

leavin in what was said.

> antibiotics can also be helpful when used correctly, they are not evil in and

of themselves and can bring healing!

>

I agree. Some antibiotics do however displace iodine from cells, making problems

worse. They all wipe out the good bacteria. So, both short and long term they

compound the exsisting problem. Some long term isnt even known. Does the benefit

outweight the bad? Depends if there is something else that works. Depends if a

person is willing to risk kidney or liver failure or the bodies inability to

utilize antibiotics in the future (possibly against some major bug) or not. If

it makes a child able to talk and learn now at a young age when learning is most

important, maybe it's worth the risks.I just really think antibiotics arent

necessary, and do more harm than good especially long term, when iodine is

available.

> you said " Iodine has shown and is showing effect on all those issues " effect

yes, that is a large leap to cure!

>

I try not to say cure to avoid posts like this ;-)

People ARE being cured.

> where is your info on iodine chelating??

Iodine doesnt chelate per se. It is required by the body to allow excretion of

metals.

> " it will not looseing metals from the organs in the body or cross the BBB to

bring metals across that I have ever seen anywhere?!? "

Iodine IS already in the brain. Kinda floats freely back and forth. It's in

cerebrospinal fluid. Its everywhere. Metals like iodine. Seems a likely

deduction. There are some Russian studies you might try googling: russia iodine

chelation. The US basically doesnt have many studies into iodine after 1940. A

few of the iodine docs have case studies. There are some china studies. And pet

studies that are interesting, too.

> you said " Iodine solves it because the gut needs iodine to work correctly "

the gut needs many things work correctly, again glutamine can do that as

well....but again its not going to cure everybody! probiotics can do that, but

may not be everyones answers, pancretic enzymes can be effective as well....they

are ALL needed to work correctly.

>

The difference between Iodine and gluatmine, probiotics, pancreatic enzymes etc,

are that while all help the body function, only iodine controls and is dependent

on all of them to work properly. In iodine deficient people some cant utlize

glutamine, some have overgrowth of bad bacteria and the probiotics help that, in

others enzymes break down the food. It's the iodine that sets the stage for the

other things to work right.

>I have yet to see any study that has said all people with GI issues have low

iodine...have you? that would be amazing if it was!

>

There are few to no studies about iodine and the gut, because iodine was written

off years ago because there is no profit in it. But there are a few pages to

read if googled. There are studies in other countries and a few new case

studies began in the last 3 years because of what people are seeing. I dont see

our country jumping on the bandwagon any time soon tho, cause it would mean

billions of dollars lost.

Try not to go by studies. Studies are mostly manipulated to get the results they

want and if they arent they still fail to take into account nutritional

baseline sufficiency.

> you said " Consider the possibility the research into celiac didnt exactly

point to a genetic disease but actually if they looked further they would find

iodine deficiency. Not saying its true, saying it's not known "

again that is making some bold assumption with out any research backing it...or

even suggestive studies showing it. it can be a chicken and the egg thing as

well. were they celiac first (via genes and genetics) which lead to leaky gut

which lead to iodine being lost???!?!?! I wouldn't think iodine would change

genes.....

>

I said consider the possibility, no assumption in stone.

The point was how do they really know its the genes. I agree it could be chicken

and egg :P I believe it was iodine deficiency leading to leaky gut that lead to

celiac which made it appear as if it was a gene expression rather than a

nutritional deficiency expression.

> you said " probably cause it is one thing most deficient in all people. It is

one of many nutrients the body is lacking. And when the body is lacking iodine

the entire body goes haywire. "

> where are you finding that it is the ONE thing most deficient in all people???

>

The many doctors that are now actually testing for Iodine deficiency.

https://www.drbrownstein.com/homePage.php

http://www.adb.org/documents/books/nutrition/what_works/chapter5.pdf

WHO http://whqlibdoc.who.int/publications/2004/9241592001.pdf

http://www.wellsphere.com/add-adhd-article/iodine-deficiency-or-adhd/578243

http://www.iccidd.org/

there are more, and new articles and research...

> anytime the body is lacking in ANY nutrient the body suffers and goes haywire,

not just iodine....

I agree

> you say " This is proven. And being proven still in the many people that are

fixing their problems with iodine. And magnesium and Vit C and Selenium and D3

and Natural Salt. And clean water. And protein. All in combination. Take away

the iodine and you dont have the healing effect, so yeah i tend to think it's

the iodine. "

>

> really??? so if you put in dirty water or take out natural salts but leave

the iodine then healing couldn't happen???? you realize then that with a

statement like that we should just be able to take iodine and BOOM everything is

better! we all know TONS of healing stories and with out iodine that would

also prove that whole statement false!

>

You misinterpret what i said. If for example natural salt isnt used then the

body will feel bad, it will still heal, but not very comfortably.

We all need things to help the iodine fix the damage.

But yeah, for the most part i would say i had a bigggg booooom and everything

feels better! Do I think others will feel this too. Yep. Cause i have seen it

happen to many people on the Iodine board for the last 2 years. Seen it happen

in real life to other's too.

Healing stories? Are they healed or maintained? Are they cleaning the

environment in the body just enough so that what little iodine is available

makes things work a little better?

> you said " I have never said it was THE one thing "

> so what do I do with the last 2 statement you made?? and HOW is that NOT

saying that iodine is the ONE cure all. both your statements above condridict

your whole premise of saying that

>

Confusion. Out of context? not sure how you came to that conclusion.

> you are sadly mistaken on my knowledge of iodine as well,

>

I apologize, it did appear to me that you were basing your knowledge on things

you had heard or read, because what you wrote is consistent with iodophobia.

http://www.icnr.com/articles/hhp/Iodine2.pdf

> I had to research it years ago with having graves disease (which I also undid

and it had NOTHING to do with iodine) I had to avoid it like the plague and

still don't use it. (not in my salts ect) my thryoid levels have been fine for

6 years now. your posting did also make me dig more (I love research) infact I

went as far as turning my famiy into an experiment after you posting and doing

patch testing on us all. my son (previous ASD and many medical problems solved

and didn't use any iodine) lasted 8 hours. my NT daughter 12, my NT yountest 8

hours me 18 the first day. (both my son and youngest have autoimmune issues and

LYME and PANDAS so I thought with their clostrida, yeast and lyme it would make

for an intersting study) 2nd day trial 12 hours on previous ASD boy and mine

normal 24 hours. my NT middle 24 hours, and my youngest it lasted 3 days!!!!!

(yeah how about THAT swing????) yeah and she STILL has a slight mark.

>

The patch test is dependent on many things. Lugols iodine used vs tincture.

Where it was placed. Not scientific, but can suggest a deficiency.

It seems to me your entire family is deficient to some extent. So Clostrida,

yeast, lyme are all still issues? Auto immune problems? PANDAS? What it sounds

like is all the intervention you have done has helped what little iodine is

available work better but not to the point of being enough. Or there would no

longer be issues.

You say your thyroid levels are fine but are they? Most docs cant read a thyroid

test results properly and most dont even test the right things.(and i apologize

if you have one of the few docs actually testing T3, T4 and Frees, i am

assuming you dont cause not many do)And if thyroid levels are fine the issues

are less or none.

http://www.stopthethyroidmadness.com/

>I had a terrible reaction back in the day with meds for thyroid and iodine.

ended up sitting a drooling for 2 days completely unable to function and rocking

because my thryoid was being messed with so bad and could swing from hyper to

hypo in less then a week or 2.

>

You most likely were given Synthroid. And the reaction you experienced is common

for a very small percentage of the population. Most doctors dont even know this.

For the rest of the population Synthroid can lead to a steady decline of thyroid

function as well as a cascading effect of illness to the entire body. It's one

of the worst things a person can use, right up there with vaccines.

Natural Thyroid supplement is the only thyroid hormone supplement anyone should

be using. The best thing is to encourage the thyroid to work on it's own.

Iodine does this by capturing iodine.

>they were talking about removing my thryoid because the swings were so sever,

or doing a bata block to bring me back from the coma state I was in.

>

Glad you didnt let them remove it!

The selenium helps the iodine in your body work better. One of the things on the

Iodine Protocol.

> there are many great things I Have found over my many years of biomed. and

watch parents grab on because it does great things in THEIR life. and that is

great! share it by all means! I am certainly not here to bash your experience

and I think patch testing is a wise Idea to see where your kids are at.

>

I too have found alot of things in biomed in the last 10 years. Some helped,

some didnt. And why i am here so others might try Iodine for themselves, then

they can see great things, too. :P

>BUT I hate when I see parents go so far on a limb to think it's the ONE thing

that is going to change your whole life outlook on healing

>

But just what if, it is...

>because it puts terrible messages out to those that won't try it

>

I guess i find it hard to fathom why someone wont try something that just might

be the key. Because others bash it? I can see many disregarding iodine because

of your post. And why i am spending time trying to change that disregard. And

yes, your own opinion, too. I am relentless! Because i truly believe it's the

major factor. Knowing would be better. The more people using iodine and the more

we will know for sure. Until then we just gotta try!

Just a little poking into the internet might convince most folks. Perhaps it

will spur them on to try biomed for the first time? So many are against it for

many reasons. Or they think it too difficult. I certainly use to find it

difficult at times to get the right stuff.To understand it all took alot of

time. Time some dont have.

>or it discounts all others experience that don't line up with what you may be

saying ect. (I have yet over 8 years of being around these boards-and MANY of

them- found a formula that works with ALL kids for ALL healing)some things may

be good for one when infact other kids may simply not need that. one mans food

is another mans poisen (I LOVE this statement) and we can respectfully disagree.

Dana and I for example have had different life journies with our kids. there

were thing that were her kids answers that would have been devistating for my

sons recovery, and vice versa, had she had her son on MY sons restrictive diet

she wouldn't have gotten the answers and gains she needs for her child. we need

to look at our kids a individuals with SO MANY different things going on....and

the answers are MANY, and various,......one of the sayings I have used for years

is there is more then one way to get from vermont to california. you can walk,

hitch hick, take a train, a bus, a plane, go straight, go slow, go fast

ect....but the imporant thing is you " get there " your jouney may not look like

mine....and guess what! that is ok!!! you may be able to handle strep line

probiotics,....mine can't. you may be able to eat gluten, mine it would trigger

seizers, I may be able to loose his dx, others may not...I support your journey

in learning....BIG TIME....but moderation and balance is good to!!

>

The differences people have that dont " line up " kinda explains degrees of Iodine

deficiency and how the different systems can be effected. Why one thing works

for some but not others. In some, Selenium might be all that is needed to

jumpstart the thyroid into capturing and utilizing enough iodine. In others they

cant create enough enzymes for breaking down gluten, which in turn create

seizures, because there isnt enough iodine. Yet in others virus surmount armies

because there isnt enough iodine. In others there is just a slight deficiency

enough to creat problems we pass off as normal. Like anxiety. Mild Depression.

The more systems thirsting for iodine means more dont work right and more

damage. I think i am starting to ramble, we sort of are seeing the same picture.

And i do get what you mean about bandwagons(getting people to see mercury's

truths was always difficult, too!) and false hope, nothing works for some,been

there.

I am tryin to say its one thing even if it isnt one thing but it really is one

thing as long as you have other things and even other things can help but there

is still that one thing.

And that was in my best Dr. Seuss voice ;-)

>hyper and hypo thryoid even respond differntly for iodine....I find it scary

that you recommend for BOTH to do big doses of iodine and I would causion again

that....and for people to do there own research.

>

It's not just what i recommend. Or perhaps i do, but my recommendation is based

on the recommendations and findings of iodine docs. Do the research but stop

listening to mainstream medicine ? lol thats what i recommend.

http://www.iodine4health.com/body/body.htm

>

I would hate for someone to sit rocking for days like a zobbie drooling on

yourself like I did for days.....thyroids are still organs to rever and read up

on and protect your body in the process of learning.

>

Have never heard of anyone sitting and rocking for days with iodine. Quite the

opposite. use to rock, alot.

Have heard of that with Synthroid. And many worse things it can do. I saw a good

friend go deep into depression because of that stuff. The doc was clueless. Then

comes the oh it must be something else cause there is no way it was the

Synthroid speech. Or the friend that has been on it for 30 years and still has

tons of thyroid issues that have created other issues, but still cant believe

its the Synthroid.

http://www.stopthethyroidmadness.com/

Hope i wasnt offensive, not my intent.Just trying to help. It's hard trying to

get my point across sometimes without sounding too overzealous (because i am a

believer!) or writing a book!

Cheryl

His name is Wickey in Auburn just 30 min north of Ft. Wayne. He's Amish

so you have to write a letter to get an appt which the wait time is like 3

months.

He doesn't charge a dime, but will accept postage stamps. :)

The man has a gift. You can read the book " He's Not Autistic, But... " The mother

who wrote the book recovered her son using his guidance. We've been twice.

> > >

> > > I don't think it's worms as much as it's protozoa -- which are like

> > > microscopic worms. A researcher I know says that he found a protozoa in

> > > all of those with autism that he has tested. He further stated that he

> > > can not identify the protozoa, feeling that it has not yet been

> > > discovered in mainstream science. For the record, some of the

> > > antibiotics and worm medications, also kill protozoa. But, the natural

> > > things that kill protozoa are also often anti-viral. So, it's still

> > > unclear. At this point, I still believe it's best to treat for all

> > > pathogen types (protozoa, worms, bacteria, viruses, and yeast). Also,

> > > keep in mind that some of those with autism and/or mental retardation

> > > are getting it from worms. If you Google, you will learn that having

> > > worms while very young can cause mental retardation and all kinds of

> > > developmental delays, which would include autism symptoms. So, yes be

> > > aware that treating for worms and protozoa should be considered. Also,

> > > Google to learn how the testing is very unreliable. The good autism

> > > docs know this. It's about getting a good health practitioner that

> > > knows about which labs and testing to use or knows how to go by symptoms.

> > >

> > > Love and prayers,

> > >

> > > Heidi N

> > >

> >

>

I've been doing yeast for a while now so I know it was not yeast....very

different

> > > >

> > > > I hate to bust this thread but we ALL have worms, and parasites living

in our bodies, you can do a quick thread on whip worms and they find people with

GI issues are actually LOW in whip worms and it's being used a treatment. see

you can't just look at what our kids have, you have to look at what our kids

have that NT kids don't have......

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > > From: allrpossible@

> > > > Sent: Friday, February 18, 2011 9:39 PM

> > > > To: mb12 valtrex

> > > > Subject: Re: Vit A procotol and Parasites...

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > > I don't think it's worms as much as it's protozoa -- which are like

> > > > microscopic worms. A researcher I know says that he found a protozoa

in

> > > > all of those with autism that he has tested. He further stated that he

> > > > can not identify the protozoa, feeling that it has not yet been

> > > > discovered in mainstream science. For the record, some of the

> > > > antibiotics and worm medications, also kill protozoa. But, the natural

> > > > things that kill protozoa are also often anti-viral. So, it's still

> > > > unclear. At this point, I still believe it's best to treat for all

> > > > pathogen types (protozoa, worms, bacteria, viruses, and yeast). Also,

> > > > keep in mind that some of those with autism and/or mental retardation

> > > > are getting it from worms. If you Google, you will learn that having

> > > > worms while very young can cause mental retardation and all kinds of

> > > > developmental delays, which would include autism symptoms. So, yes be

> > > > aware that treating for worms and protozoa should be considered. Also,

> > > > Google to learn how the testing is very unreliable. The good autism

> > > > docs know this. It's about getting a good health practitioner that

> > > > knows about which labs and testing to use or knows how to go by

symptoms.

> > > >

> > > > Love and prayers,

> > > >

> > > > Heidi N

> > > >

> > >

> >

>

Thanks very much Cheryl. Can you tell me which iodine board to go to please so

I can do more research. I did a patch test with the tincture and don't seem

deficient but I have lots of symptoms(severe hair loss, depression, anxiety,

cold hands feet, sinus, ovarian cysts, yeast/sugar cravings, low energy, brain

fog) and an autoimmune marker now.

> >

> > Cheryl, is 12.5 mgs a safe dose of iodine? I am struggling with hair loss

and waiting on labs. My son is hypothyroid. Just wondering where to begin at?

>

you say "Some antibiotics do however displace iodine from cells, making problems worse. They all wipe out the good bacteria. So, both short and long term they compound the exsisting problem."

they don't ALL wipe out good bacteria it depends on the antibiotic type. you are again assuming iodine is the end all, which in most cases antibiotics are taking care of the big picture which again is iodine was the end all they wouldn't have bacteria in the first place, AND bacteria being left can have MORE issues like long term autoimmune issues (living with PANDAS in this house I wish I could go back) again even IF antibiotics displaced iodine it would also be temperary not a permenant thing, and you have to take the lesser of 2 evils. you need to deal with bacteria as you have it, iodine isn't your most important thing in the body (I get that we don't agree on this!!!) again if an antibiotic is need the existing problem is a bacteria issue needing to be addresses, THUS the antibiotic.

you say "Does the benefit outweight the bad?"

if the bad is that there is a bad bacteria infection that is wiped out YES the good does out way a temp situtation....again you are assumeing taking an antibiotic is always a bad thing...

you say "Depends if a person is willing to risk kidney or liver failure or the bodies inability to utilize antibiotics in the future (possibly against some major bug) or not"

sorry trying not to laugh at this point. taking an antibiotic isn't going to kill your liver and kidneys and cause them fail (lets get real here!) and taking an antibiotic as needed also doesn't make you resistant from the need here and there. heck I know hundreds of families doing prophatic antibiotics and that is still rare and they are on them daily!!! (again my NT daughter that I did patch testing on that lasted 3 days is on antibitoics daily.....so it doesn't hold under that either...that it always drains iondine) also if people have issues that need antibitoics long term that the threat is there for resistance you are looking at biofilm issues.

you said "If it makes a child able to talk and learn now at a young age when learning is most important, maybe it's worth the risks.I just really think antibiotics arent necessary, and do more harm than good especially long term, when iodine is available."

wow as a mom of a PANDAS kid I could NOT DISAGREE MORE.....that is part of how we ended up here, we were so scared of antibiotics because of yeast and parents bashing antibiotics and it is what has brought our son back to us. AND the avoidence of them for so long is what GAVE him PANDAS. NOT treating with antibiotics and working strep quickly created a lONG TERM issue. and did more damage....so not worth it! and since when does lang make health obsolete???

you said "Iodine doesnt chelate per se. It is required by the body to allow excretion of metals."

so lets make this REALLY clear, iodine is NOT going to chelate your body, or loosen metals from the body or up what is coming out that is bound.....those mechanisms are broke and require OTHER things OTHER then iodine.....

you said" Metals like iodine. Seems a likely deduction"

so do viruses, bacteria, calcium, magneism, iron, and zinc......whats your point!! would be interesting to see if iodine is in biofilm as well

you say"The difference between Iodine and gluatmine, probiotics, pancreatic enzymes etc, are that while all help the body function, only iodine controls and is dependent on all of them to work properly. In iodine deficient people some cant utlize glutamine, some have overgrowth of bad bacteria and the probiotics help that, in others enzymes break down the food. It's the iodine that sets the stage for the other things to work right.

I will disagree on this simply because your iodine levels can be just fine and you can still have issues with all that meaning it's NOT all dependant on iodine there are OTHER mechanisms at work as well.

you STILL have to have something to stand on, on that....it HAS been shown to be genetics, iodine again doesn't change genetic issues. celiac diseases whole damage is leaking nurtition is it's a clear path already laid out.

you said The point was how do they really know its the genes. I agree it could be chicken and egg :P I believe it was iodine deficiency leading to leaky gut that lead to celiac which made it appear as if it was a gene expression rather than a nutritional deficiency expression.

I know this because there is a simple gene test you can do for celiac (been there done that) to find out IF you have the GENE for it.> you said "probably cause it is one thing most deficient in all people. It is one of many nutrients the body is lacking. And when the body is lacking iodine the entire body goes haywire." > where are you finding that it is the ONE thing most deficient in all people???>I said anytime the body is lacking in ANY nutrient the body suffers and goes haywire, not just iodine....

You said agree

glad we agree on something!! hehe> you say " This is proven. And being proven still in the many people that are fixing their problems with iodine. And magnesium and Vit C and Selenium and D3 and Natural Salt. And clean water. And protein. All in combination. Take away the iodine and you dont have the healing effect, so yeah i tend to think it's the iodine. " > You said If for example natural salt isnt used then the body will feel bad, it will still heal, but not very comfortably. We all need things to help the iodine fix the damage. But yeah, for the most part i would say i had a bigggg booooom and everything feels better! Do I think others will feel this too. Yep. Cause i have seen it happen to many people on the Iodine board for the last 2 years. Seen it happen in real life to other's too.

that is GREAT and so glad you have seen those kind of results, but again OTHER people are healing with out it suggesting there are STILL other things that can do the same thing with out having to have that be the route to healing. that is the hard thing about a group that is narrowly looking at ONE thing, it can look like the cure all but you need the balance of many things ,it's one thing I respect about the gfcf group honestly. it could be it's this way only and dana does a great job of bring balance to that showing HER son got healing from having gluten IN his diet.

you put "Healing stories? Are they healed or maintained? Are they cleaning the environment in the body just enough so that what little iodine is available makes things work a little? "

see this is exactly what I am talking about, with the base of what you are saying on iodine I would expect you never to get sick, get a cold, get a bacteria infection, get a yeast infection or have anything ever go wrong because with your stance iodine balences everything in the body. the trouble with blanket statements of this is going to make everything broken work right and forever. that is what I DON"T want people to walk away from all this with. no one thing is going to cure everyone of everything for ever....that would be the fountain of youth! (wish we COULD find that however) iodine can be toxic too!!! I love vit A and what it did for my family but it can be toxic for some people. LOVE HBOT....it did AMAZING Things for my family. BUT I wouldn't recommend it with out other interventions for some like those with strep untreated or ear infections even though OXYGEN IS essential for all our body to work!! do you see what I mean. you found somehting you love, you are being poured into great success stories of what its doing but keep balance with it that OTHER things can work as well....it's not an end point. again my thyroid.....6 years going strong no issues....no iodine, I would say that is healing, it's not requiring any maiteness. again a gene with say celiac the healing IS removal of what is doing it's damage as you can't undo a gene through out a body. so you again have to look at what is POSSIBLE and reasonable just like I also think iodine has it's great benefits but I am not expecting you to realisticly to never get sick again because you are taking it daily!!

> you said "I have never said it was THE one thing"> so what do I do with the last 2 statement you made?? and HOW is that NOT saying that iodine is the ONE cure all. both your statements above condridict your whole premise of saying that>

you said "Confusion. Out of context? not sure how you came to that conclusion."

you again have said over and over that the whole body depends on iondine and can't work right with out it....that is the message that it's the ONE thing to solve all things

You said "It seems to me your entire family is deficient to some extent. So Clostrida, yeast, lyme are all still issues? Auto immune problems? PANDAS? What it sounds like is all the intervention you have done has helped what little iodine is available work better but not to the point of being enough. Or there would no longer be issues."

yes with your stance on iodine being the end all I can see where you would hold onto that, HOWEVER> its' DUE to me not using those antibiotics you are so quick to jump on when I should have. again we have been tested and our iodine is fine, so is thryoid, and again my NT child had the spot for 3 days which would also dispute that. I have also UNDONE immuno defiency in my youngest over the years (IGA< IGM and IGG) and didn't use any iodine which according to your belief I wouldn't be able to do WITH OUT it.

so how are you saying is the ONLY way to measure iodine being sufficent??? "You ask are our thyroid levels are fine but are they? Most docs cant read a thyroid test results properly and most dont even test the right things.(and i apologize if you have one of the few docs actually testing T3, T4 and Frees, i am assuming you dont cause not many do)And if thyroid levels are fine the issues are less or none.

YUP, all my kids have see an endrocrenologist (every 6 months) as my youngest had a growth hormon issue, (IGLF1) me with my history of graves, and family history of throid problems in EVERY woman in my family on BOTH sides...my kids get regular testing as well in all things...heck they get blood tests many times every 2 months. and yes we go WAY beyond just simple thyroid tests (did look at your site you posted, yup we are going way beyond that testing wise!!) we even do antithyroid antibody testing, full immune panels (due to the history of immunodefiency) >You put that I was most likely were given Synthroid. And the reaction you experienced is common for a very small percentage of the population. Most doctors dont even know this. For the rest of the population Synthroid can lead to a steady decline of thyroid function as well as a cascading effect of illness to the entire body. It's one of the worst things a person can use, right up there with vaccines.

yes I was but it had nothing to do with that, again I swing BOTH ways rapidly but they didn't know it at the time, so I was put on something to raise it and then went up on my own making my body go into shock.you put "Natural Thyroid supplement is the only thyroid hormone supplement anyone should be using. The best thing is to encourage the thyroid to work on it's own. Iodine does this by capturing iodine. "

I agree on using naturals but not on the iodine again being the answer as it can be the WRONG thing depending which way you swing.you put "The selenium helps the iodine in your body work better. One of the things on the Iodine Protocol."

nopt it was because I had mercury poisening a week before my thryoid went nuts, we had mercury thermomitor go through our dishwasher in the winter all shut up. it mopped up the mercury thus undoing the poisen

> I PUT BUT I hate when I see parents go so far on a limb to think it's the ONE thing that is going to change your whole life outlook on healing>you put "But just what if, it is..."

again it just simply isn't or OTHER people wouldn't be finding healing with out it based on holding onto that, AND people with just find levels wouldn't have anything wrong with them and that also exists.

YOU PUT I guess i find it hard to fathom why someone wont try something that just might be the key. I can see many disregarding iodine because of your post. And why i am spending time trying to change that disregard. And yes, your own opinion, too. I am relentless! Because i truly believe it's the major factor. Knowing would be better. The more people using iodine and the more we will know for sure. Until then we just gotta try!

oh I have no problem to try eiter, but I think you need to know BEFORE doing it where kids are at and if they are infact low. just like anything, all things can be toxic....I certainly don't think people will run because I have questioned it being the ONLY thing to heal people. I have acknowledged it's a good thing when used right, and that it CAN help people....I just don't think it's going to make you healthy for the rest of your life for all people no acception. I am trying to bring balance to the hype!> I HAD PUTor it discounts all others experience that don't line up with what you may be saying ect. (I have yet over 8 years of being around these boards-and MANY of them- found a formula that works with ALL kids for ALL healing)some things may be good for one when infact other kids may simply not need that. one mans food is another mans poisen (I LOVE this statement) and we can respectfully disagree. Dana and I for example have had different life journies with our kids. there were thing that were her kids answers that would have been devistating for my sons recovery, and vice versa, had she had her son on MY sons restrictive diet she wouldn't have gotten the answers and gains she needs for her child. we need to look at our kids a individuals with SO MANY different things going on....and the answers are MANY, and various,......one of the sayings I have used for years is there is more then one way to get from vermont to california. you can walk, hitch hick, take a train, a bus, a plane, go straight, go slow, go fast ect....but the imporant thing is you "get there" your jouney may not look like mine....and guess what! that is ok!!! you may be able to handle strep line probiotics,....mine can't. you may be able to eat gluten, mine it would trigger seizers, I may be able to loose his dx, others may not...I support your journey in learning....BIG TIME....but moderation and balance is good to!! >you replied "The differences people have that dont "line up" kinda explains degrees of Iodine deficiency and how the different systems can be effected. Why one thing works for some but not others. In some, Selenium might be all that is needed to jumpstart the thyroid into capturing and utilizing enough iodine. In others they cant create enough enzymes for breaking down gluten, which in turn create seizures, because there isnt enough iodine. Yet in others virus surmount armies because there isnt enough iodine. In others there is just a slight deficiency enough to creat problems we pass off as normal. Like anxiety. Mild Depression. The more systems thirsting for iodine means more dont work right and more damage. I think i am starting to ramble, we sort of are seeing the same picture. And i do get what you mean about bandwagons(getting people to see mercury's truths was always difficult, too!) and false hope, nothing works for some,been there."

but see with that then kids with different levels would show the same symptoms which again wouldn't line up either given experences of the collections of 14000 families out there plus. it would still start with certain things shutting down (thyroid being a maine one that would show first) I think some how you have gone so far you are lumping all things going wrong in a body to iodine which I find so scary (not because it's right) but because it's dangeous!!!

http://www.iodine4health.com/body/body.htm>

if you go to the page YOU posted and it's home page it still carries this warning

cautions when supplementing with iodine, other nutrients that are especially important when supplementing (e.g., selenium, magnesium, iron, Vitamins C and A), and general clinical guidelines.

which is my word or warning as well, you are giving some advice and I would hate to see someone take it and just run with out researching it and end up causing MORE problems (again no harm first) which is the balance I am trying to bring to this, you yourself posted that most won't take the time to read up so you are posting it for them, that is again is my fear that they also don't read the warnings and how to go about it safly!!

you weren't offensive

you put It's hard trying to get my point across sometimes without sounding too overzealous (because i am a believer!) or writing a book!

that is again what I am trying to bring balance to, I am SOOOO happy you found something that worked for YOU!! and I pray it brings some answers for all that it can be, but I don't want others that it's NOT the answer for (cause again I don't think it's EVERYONEs answer) or even safe for everyone but something to look into is a great recommendation. I think there is so mucn in our kids that gets overlooked for a long time. and I know many parents whose kids have had thyroid issues and iodine issues that had no idea because dr's don't typically check or do the right testing ( see I am with you here) there isn't good education on dr's on HOW to do that....

were still friends Cheryl

you say "Some antibiotics do however displace iodine from cells, making problems worse. They all wipe out the good bacteria. So, both short and long term they compound the exsisting problem."

they don't ALL wipe out good bacteria it depends on the antibiotic type. you are again assuming iodine is the end all, which in most cases antibiotics are taking care of the big picture which again is iodine was the end all they wouldn't have bacteria in the first place, AND bacteria being left can have MORE issues like long term autoimmune issues (living with PANDAS in this house I wish I could go back) again even IF antibiotics displaced iodine it would also be temperary not a permenant thing, and you have to take the lesser of 2 evils. you need to deal with bacteria as you have it, iodine isn't your most important thing in the body (I get that we don't agree on this!!!) again if an antibiotic is need the existing problem is a bacteria issue needing to be addresses, THUS the antibiotic.

if the bad is that there is a bad bacteria infection that is wiped out YES the good does out way a temp situtation....again you are assumeing taking an antibiotic is always a bad thing...

you say "Depends if a person is willing to risk kidney or liver failure or the bodies inability to utilize antibiotics in the future (possibly against some major bug) or not"

sorry trying not to laugh at this point. taking an antibiotic isn't going to kill your liver and kidneys and cause them fail (lets get real here!) and taking an antibiotic as needed also doesn't make you resistant from the need here and there. heck I know hundreds of families doing prophatic antibiotics and that is still rare and they are on them daily!!! (again my NT daughter that I did patch testing on that lasted 3 days is on antibitoics daily.....so it doesn't hold under that either...that it always drains iondine) also if people have issues that need antibitoics long term that the threat is there for resistance you are looking at biofilm issues.

you said "If it makes a child able to talk and learn now at a young age when learning is most important, maybe it's worth the risks.I just really think antibiotics arent necessary, and do more harm than good especially long term, when iodine is available."

wow as a mom of a PANDAS kid I could NOT DISAGREE MORE.....that is part of how we ended up here, we were so scared of antibiotics because of yeast and parents bashing antibiotics and it is what has brought our son back to us. AND the avoidence of them for so long is what GAVE him PANDAS. NOT treating with antibiotics and working strep quickly created a lONG TERM issue. and did more damage....so not worth it! and since when does lang make health obsolete???

you said "Iodine doesnt chelate per se. It is required by the body to allow excretion of metals."

so lets make this REALLY clear, iodine is NOT going to chelate your body, or loosen metals from the body or up what is coming out that is bound.....those mechanisms are broke and require OTHER things OTHER then iodine.....

so do viruses, bacteria, calcium, magneism, iron, and zinc......whats your point!! would be interesting to see if iodine is in biofilm as well

you say"The difference between Iodine and gluatmine, probiotics, pancreatic enzymes etc, are that while all help the body function, only iodine controls and is dependent on all of them to work properly. In iodine deficient people some cant utlize glutamine, some have overgrowth of bad bacteria and the probiotics help that, in others enzymes break down the food. It's the iodine that sets the stage for the other things to work right.

I will disagree on this simply because your iodine levels can be just fine and you can still have issues with all that meaning it's NOT all dependant on iodine there are OTHER mechanisms at work as well.

you STILL have to have something to stand on, on that....it HAS been shown to be genetics, iodine again doesn't change genetic issues. celiac diseases whole damage is leaking nurtition is it's a clear path already laid out.

you said The point was how do they really know its the genes. I agree it could be chicken and egg :P I believe it was iodine deficiency leading to leaky gut that lead to celiac which made it appear as if it was a gene expression rather than a nutritional deficiency expression.

I know this because there is a simple gene test you can do for celiac (been there done that) to find out IF you have the GENE for it.> you said "probably cause it is one thing most deficient in all people. It is one of many nutrients the body is lacking. And when the body is lacking iodine the entire body goes haywire." > where are you finding that it is the ONE thing most deficient in all people???>I said anytime the body is lacking in ANY nutrient the body suffers and goes haywire, not just iodine....

You said agree

glad we agree on something!! hehe> you say " This is proven. And being proven still in the many people that are fixing their problems with iodine. And magnesium and Vit C and Selenium and D3 and Natural Salt. And clean water. And protein. All in combination. Take away the iodine and you dont have the healing effect, so yeah i tend to think it's the iodine. " > You said If for example natural salt isnt used then the body will feel bad, it will still heal, but not very comfortably. We all need things to help the iodine fix the damage. But yeah, for the most part i would say i had a bigggg booooom and everything feels better! Do I think others will feel this too. Yep. Cause i have seen it happen to many people on the Iodine board for the last 2 years. Seen it happen in real life to other's too.

that is GREAT and so glad you have seen those kind of results, but again OTHER people are healing with out it suggesting there are STILL other things that can do the same thing with out having to have that be the route to healing. that is the hard thing about a group that is narrowly looking at ONE thing, it can look like the cure all but you need the balance of many things ,it's one thing I respect about the gfcf group honestly. it could be it's this way only and dana does a great job of bring balance to that showing HER son got healing from having gluten IN his diet.

you put "Healing stories? Are they healed or maintained? Are they cleaning the environment in the body just enough so that what little iodine is available makes things work a little? "

see this is exactly what I am talking about, with the base of what you are saying on iodine I would expect you never to get sick, get a cold, get a bacteria infection, get a yeast infection or have anything ever go wrong because with your stance iodine balences everything in the body. the trouble with blanket statements of this is going to make everything broken work right and forever. that is what I DON"T want people to walk away from all this with. no one thing is going to cure everyone of everything for ever....that would be the fountain of youth! (wish we COULD find that however) iodine can be toxic too!!! I love vit A and what it did for my family but it can be toxic for some people. LOVE HBOT....it did AMAZING Things for my family. BUT I wouldn't recommend it with out other interventions for some like those with strep untreated or ear infections even though OXYGEN IS essential for all our body to work!! do you see what I mean. you found somehting you love, you are being poured into great success stories of what its doing but keep balance with it that OTHER things can work as well....it's not an end point. again my thyroid.....6 years going strong no issues....no iodine, I would say that is healing, it's not requiring any maiteness. again a gene with say celiac the healing IS removal of what is doing it's damage as you can't undo a gene through out a body. so you again have to look at what is POSSIBLE and reasonable just like I also think iodine has it's great benefits but I am not expecting you to realisticly to never get sick again because you are taking it daily!!

> you said "I have never said it was THE one thing"> so what do I do with the last 2 statement you made?? and HOW is that NOT saying that iodine is the ONE cure all. both your statements above condridict your whole premise of saying that>

you again have said over and over that the whole body depends on iondine and can't work right with out it....that is the message that it's the ONE thing to solve all things

You said "It seems to me your entire family is deficient to some extent. So Clostrida, yeast, lyme are all still issues? Auto immune problems? PANDAS? What it sounds like is all the intervention you have done has helped what little iodine is available work better but not to the point of being enough. Or there would no longer be issues."

yes with your stance on iodine being the end all I can see where you would hold onto that, HOWEVER> its' DUE to me not using those antibiotics you are so quick to jump on when I should have. again we have been tested and our iodine is fine, so is thryoid, and again my NT child had the spot for 3 days which would also dispute that. I have also UNDONE immuno defiency in my youngest over the years (IGA< IGM and IGG) and didn't use any iodine which according to your belief I wouldn't be able to do WITH OUT it.

so how are you saying is the ONLY way to measure iodine being sufficent??? "You ask are our thyroid levels are fine but are they? Most docs cant read a thyroid test results properly and most dont even test the right things.(and i apologize if you have one of the few docs actually testing T3, T4 and Frees, i am assuming you dont cause not many do)And if thyroid levels are fine the issues are less or none.

YUP, all my kids have see an endrocrenologist (every 6 months) as my youngest had a growth hormon issue, (IGLF1) me with my history of graves, and family history of throid problems in EVERY woman in my family on BOTH sides...my kids get regular testing as well in all things...heck they get blood tests many times every 2 months. and yes we go WAY beyond just simple thyroid tests (did look at your site you posted, yup we are going way beyond that testing wise!!) we even do antithyroid antibody testing, full immune panels (due to the history of immunodefiency) >You put that I was most likely were given Synthroid. And the reaction you experienced is common for a very small percentage of the population. Most doctors dont even know this. For the rest of the population Synthroid can lead to a steady decline of thyroid function as well as a cascading effect of illness to the entire body. It's one of the worst things a person can use, right up there with vaccines.

yes I was but it had nothing to do with that, again I swing BOTH ways rapidly but they didn't know it at the time, so I was put on something to raise it and then went up on my own making my body go into shock.you put "Natural Thyroid supplement is the only thyroid hormone supplement anyone should be using. The best thing is to encourage the thyroid to work on it's own. Iodine does this by capturing iodine. "

I agree on using naturals but not on the iodine again being the answer as it can be the WRONG thing depending which way you swing.you put "The selenium helps the iodine in your body work better. One of the things on the Iodine Protocol."

nopt it was because I had mercury poisening a week before my thryoid went nuts, we had mercury thermomitor go through our dishwasher in the winter all shut up. it mopped up the mercury thus undoing the poisen

> I PUT BUT I hate when I see parents go so far on a limb to think it's the ONE thing that is going to change your whole life outlook on healing>you put "But just what if, it is..."

again it just simply isn't or OTHER people wouldn't be finding healing with out it based on holding onto that, AND people with just find levels wouldn't have anything wrong with them and that also exists.

YOU PUT I guess i find it hard to fathom why someone wont try something that just might be the key. I can see many disregarding iodine because of your post. And why i am spending time trying to change that disregard. And yes, your own opinion, too. I am relentless! Because i truly believe it's the major factor. Knowing would be better. The more people using iodine and the more we will know for sure. Until then we just gotta try!

oh I have no problem to try eiter, but I think you need to know BEFORE doing it where kids are at and if they are infact low. just like anything, all things can be toxic....I certainly don't think people will run because I have questioned it being the ONLY thing to heal people. I have acknowledged it's a good thing when used right, and that it CAN help people....I just don't think it's going to make you healthy for the rest of your life for all people no acception. I am trying to bring balance to the hype!> I HAD PUTor it discounts all others experience that don't line up with what you may be saying ect. (I have yet over 8 years of being around these boards-and MANY of them- found a formula that works with ALL kids for ALL healing)some things may be good for one when infact other kids may simply not need that. one mans food is another mans poisen (I LOVE this statement) and we can respectfully disagree. Dana and I for example have had different life journies with our kids. there were thing that were her kids answers that would have been devistating for my sons recovery, and vice versa, had she had her son on MY sons restrictive diet she wouldn't have gotten the answers and gains she needs for her child. we need to look at our kids a individuals with SO MANY different things going on....and the answers are MANY, and various,......one of the sayings I have used for years is there is more then one way to get from vermont to california. you can walk, hitch hick, take a train, a bus, a plane, go straight, go slow, go fast ect....but the imporant thing is you "get there" your jouney may not look like mine....and guess what! that is ok!!! you may be able to handle strep line probiotics,....mine can't. you may be able to eat gluten, mine it would trigger seizers, I may be able to loose his dx, others may not...I support your journey in learning....BIG TIME....but moderation and balance is good to!! >you replied "The differences people have that dont "line up" kinda explains degrees of Iodine deficiency and how the different systems can be effected. Why one thing works for some but not others. In some, Selenium might be all that is needed to jumpstart the thyroid into capturing and utilizing enough iodine. In others they cant create enough enzymes for breaking down gluten, which in turn create seizures, because there isnt enough iodine. Yet in others virus surmount armies because there isnt enough iodine. In others there is just a slight deficiency enough to creat problems we pass off as normal. Like anxiety. Mild Depression. The more systems thirsting for iodine means more dont work right and more damage. I think i am starting to ramble, we sort of are seeing the same picture. And i do get what you mean about bandwagons(getting people to see mercury's truths was always difficult, too!) and false hope, nothing works for some,been there."

but see with that then kids with different levels would show the same symptoms which again wouldn't line up either given experences of the collections of 14000 families out there plus. it would still start with certain things shutting down (thyroid being a maine one that would show first) I think some how you have gone so far you are lumping all things going wrong in a body to iodine which I find so scary (not because it's right) but because it's dangeous!!!

if you go to the page YOU posted and it's home page it still carries this warning

cautions when supplementing with iodine, other nutrients that are especially important when supplementing (e.g., selenium, magnesium, iron, Vitamins C and A), and general clinical guidelines.

which is my word or warning as well, you are giving some advice and I would hate to see someone take it and just run with out researching it and end up causing MORE problems (again no harm first) which is the balance I am trying to bring to this, you yourself posted that most won't take the time to read up so you are posting it for them, that is again is my fear that they also don't read the warnings and how to go about it safly!!

you weren't offensive

you put It's hard trying to get my point across sometimes without sounding too overzealous (because i am a believer!) or writing a book!

that is again what I am trying to bring balance to, I am SOOOO happy you found something that worked for YOU!! and I pray it brings some answers for all that it can be, but I don't want others that it's NOT the answer for (cause again I don't think it's EVERYONEs answer) or even safe for everyone but something to look into is a great recommendation. I think there is so mucn in our kids that gets overlooked for a long time. and I know many parents whose kids have had thyroid issues and iodine issues that had no idea because dr's don't typically check or do the right testing ( see I am with you here) there isn't good education on dr's on HOW to do that....

You said agree

you weren't offensive

there are many different KINDS Of yeast as well, fluconizole for example may get one type, nystaine another, amph B another.....so I still wouldn't write it off, what is making you think it's worms??

did you take pictures?? I have a pictures of a cluster of yeast that is all stringy like you are talking about if that would help. it's on the pop blogs...hehe....was the stool light in color??

Sent: Saturday, February 19, 2011 6:04 PM

I've been doing yeast for a while now so I know it was not yeast....very different> > > >> > > > I hate to bust this thread but we ALL have worms, and parasites living in our bodies, you can do a quick thread on whip worms and they find people with GI issues are actually LOW in whip worms and it's being used a treatment. see you can't just look at what our kids have, you have to look at what our kids have that NT kids don't have......> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > From: allrpossible@ > > > > Sent: Friday, February 18, 2011 9:39 PM> > > > To: mb12 valtrex > > > > Subject: Re: Vit A procotol and Parasites...> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > I don't think it's worms as much as it's protozoa -- which are like > > > > microscopic worms. A researcher I know says that he found a protozoa in > > > > all of those with autism that he has tested. He further stated that he > > > > can not identify the protozoa, feeling that it has not yet been > > > > discovered in mainstream science. For the record, some of the > > > > antibiotics and worm medications, also kill protozoa. But, the natural > > > > things that kill protozoa are also often anti-viral. So, it's still > > > > unclear. At this point, I still believe it's best to treat for all > > > > pathogen types (protozoa, worms, bacteria, viruses, and yeast). Also, > > > > keep in mind that some of those with autism and/or mental retardation > > > > are getting it from worms. If you Google, you will learn that having > > > > worms while very young can cause mental retardation and all kinds of > > > > developmental delays, which would include autism symptoms. So, yes be > > > > aware that treating for worms and protozoa should be considered. Also, > > > > Google to learn how the testing is very unreliable. The good autism > > > > docs know this. It's about getting a good health practitioner that > > > > knows about which labs and testing to use or knows how to go by symptoms.> > > > > > > > Love and prayers,> > > > > > > > Heidi N> > > >> > >> >>

there are many different KINDS Of yeast as well, fluconizole for example may get one type, nystaine another, amph B another.....so I still wouldn't write it off, what is making you think it's worms??

did you take pictures?? I have a pictures of a cluster of yeast that is all stringy like you are talking about if that would help. it's on the pop blogs...hehe....was the stool light in color??

I've been doing yeast for a while now so I know it was not yeast....very different> > > >> > > > I hate to bust this thread but we ALL have worms, and parasites living in our bodies, you can do a quick thread on whip worms and they find people with GI issues are actually LOW in whip worms and it's being used a treatment. see you can't just look at what our kids have, you have to look at what our kids have that NT kids don't have......> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > From: allrpossible@ > > > > Sent: Friday, February 18, 2011 9:39 PM> > > > To: mb12 valtrex > > > > Subject: Re: Vit A procotol and Parasites...> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > I don't think it's worms as much as it's protozoa -- which are like > > > > microscopic worms. A researcher I know says that he found a protozoa in > > > > all of those with autism that he has tested. He further stated that he > > > > can not identify the protozoa, feeling that it has not yet been > > > > discovered in mainstream science. For the record, some of the > > > > antibiotics and worm medications, also kill protozoa. But, the natural > > > > things that kill protozoa are also often anti-viral. So, it's still > > > > unclear. At this point, I still believe it's best to treat for all > > > > pathogen types (protozoa, worms, bacteria, viruses, and yeast). Also, > > > > keep in mind that some of those with autism and/or mental retardation > > > > are getting it from worms. If you Google, you will learn that having > > > > worms while very young can cause mental retardation and all kinds of > > > > developmental delays, which would include autism symptoms. So, yes be > > > > aware that treating for worms and protozoa should be considered. Also, > > > > Google to learn how the testing is very unreliable. The good autism > > > > docs know this. It's about getting a good health practitioner that > > > > knows about which labs and testing to use or knows how to go by symptoms.> > > > > > > > Love and prayers,> > > > > > > > Heidi N> > > >> > >> >>

a lot of that can also be tied in soly to yeast issues (brain frog, cycst, anxiety drepresion) and biotin defiency hair loss

Sent: Saturday, February 19, 2011 6:40 PM

Thanks very much Cheryl. Can you tell me which iodine board to go to please so I can do more research. I did a patch test with the tincture and don't seem deficient but I have lots of symptoms(severe hair loss, depression, anxiety, cold hands feet, sinus, ovarian cysts, yeast/sugar cravings, low energy, brain fog) and an autoimmune marker now. > >> > Cheryl, is 12.5 mgs a safe dose of iodine? I am struggling with hair loss and waiting on labs. My son is hypothyroid. Just wondering where to begin at?>