RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Re: Of Semi dreams -- Andi -- My 4th of July

Rate this topic

Guest guest

And, Sharon...to stay in step with the 'tone' of your email, i.e. the 'good ol days'--check this out! My sis-in-law just sent it to me~ love to all, kate

http://www.bentbay.dk/in_oldDays.html> >

Don't forget Def Leapard (sp)Peggy <spazman222verizon (DOT) net> wrote:

I love all that are listed by Andi and Trista. I liked Genesis alot too. Do you all remember Quiet Riot??? LOL!!!!I also liked Loverboy, went to see them in concert at the NYS fair. Cheap Trick, Boston, Supertramp!! ! Gosh so many good bands. Now my daughter likes some of that music but she is really into rap, which I can't understand at all, LOL!!! Sounds like grunting and groaning to me!Hugs,Peggy> > > Do you want me to buy you some clothes,> > Challis? Are you feeling neglected after learning> > that Andi's mom bought her some clothes? I'm afraid> > Andi and I might have the same outlook on clothing> > though and it might not be quite your style. LOLOL> > > > > > mom> > > > > > This email is a natural hand made product. The> > slight variations in spelling and grammar enhance its> > individual character and beauty and in no way are to> > be considered flaws or defects.> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > === Message Truncated === > > > > ____________ _________ _________ _________ _________ > _________ _> > Be a better Heartthrob. Get better relationship answers > from someone who knows. Yahoo! Answers - Check it out. > > http://answers. yahoo.com/ dir/?link= list & sid= 396545433> > > > > > > > > > ------------ --------- --------- --------- --------- --------- ---> ----> > Shape Yahoo! in your own image. Join our Network Research > Panel today! > > > > > > > > > > ------------ --------- --------- --------- --------- --------- ---> --------> > Be a better Heartthrob. Get better relationship answers from > someone who knows.> > Yahoo! Answers - Check it out. > > > > > > > > > > > > ------------ --------- --------- --------- --------- --------- ---> ----------> > Park yourself in front of a world of choices in alternative > vehicles.> > Visit the Yahoo! Auto Green Center.> >>

' in Texas

Courage is not being fearless, courage is facing your fears and not running for cover!

The fish are biting.Get more visitors on your site using Yahoo! Search Marketing.

Guest guest

When I was young, I was sooo into Bobby Sherman, Bobby Goldsbourough(sp), The Herman's Hermits, The Everly Brothers, and The Lonesome . As I got older, it was Cassady, Gordan Lightfoot, Seals and Crofts, Seseallio & Kapono(sp). Then the late 70's, it was...Styx, Manheim(sp) Steamroller, Fleetwood Mac, , Dooby Brothers, Chicago, etc. I didn't listen to alot of music in the 80's, but now, I'm finding myself listening to alot of that. I'm still more fond of the older 50's-60's style than that of the newer sounds.

Nobody mentioned Bobby Darren. Loved him...

God bless....Val

I have no greater joy than to hear that my children walk in truth. 3rd 1:4

I love all that are listed by Andi and Trista. I liked Genesis alot too. Do you all remember Quiet Riot??? LOL!!!!I also liked Loverboy, went to see them in concert at the NYS fair. Cheap Trick, Boston, Supertramp!! ! Gosh so many good bands. Now my daughter likes some of that music but she is really into rap, which I can't understand at all, LOL!!! Sounds like grunting and groaning to me!Hugs,Peggy> > > Do you want me to buy you some clothes,> > Challis? Are you feeling neglected after learning> > that Andi's mom bought her some clothes? I'm afraid> > Andi and I might have the same outlook on clothing> > though and it might not be quite your style. LOLOL> > > > > > mom> > > > > > This email is a natural hand made product. The> > slight variations in spelling and grammar enhance its> > individual character and beauty and in no way are to> > be considered flaws or defects.> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > === Message Truncated === > > > > ____________ _________ _________ _________ _________ > _________ _> > Be a better Heartthrob. Get better relationship answers > from someone who knows. Yahoo! Answers - Check it out. > > http://answers. yahoo.com/ dir/?link= list & sid= 396545433> > > > > > > > > > ------------ --------- --------- --------- --------- --------- ---> ----> > Shape Yahoo! in your own image. Join our Network Research > Panel today! > > > > > > > > > > ------------ --------- --------- --------- --------- --------- ---> --------> > Be a better Heartthrob. Get better relationship answers from > someone who knows.> > Yahoo! Answers - Check it out. > > > > > > > > > > > > ------------ --------- --------- --------- --------- --------- ---> ----------> > Park yourself in front of a world of choices in alternative > vehicles.> > Visit the Yahoo! Auto Green Center.> >>

' in Texas

Courage is not being fearless, courage is facing your fears and not running for cover!

The fish are biting.Get more visitors on your site using Yahoo! Search Marketing.

No virus found in this incoming message.Checked by AVG Free Edition. Version: 7.5.476 / Virus Database: 269.10.5/899 - Release Date: 7/13/07 3:41 PM

Guest guest

This was really good. My husband and I read it together. He was surprised when he read the last part of it also. He's also 60yrs old. Well...will be on the 31st.

Time has a different meaning as you get older, doesn't it?

God bless...Val

' in Texas

No virus found in this incoming message.Checked by AVG Free Edition. Version: 7.5.476 / Virus Database: 269.10.5/899 - Release Date: 7/13/07 3:41 PM

Guest guest

Oh, that's the music that I collect "those oldies but goodies"... I'm into finding and listening to as much Doo Wop as possible these days.. Funny I always thought that Doo Wop was from the fifties.. However The Tokens - The Lion Sleeps Tonight is Doo Wop and not hardly from the fifties..

What about Percy Sledge... and his "When a Man Loves a Woman"... <typed in his crooning fashion>... or "Warm and Tender Love"... "Let me wrap you in my warm and tender love".... now THAT was MOOD music... LOL (still is around here.. even bigger LOL)

|}onna

' in Texas

Guest guest

Speaking of Bobby Sherman... do you remember him in "Here Comes The Brides"... Always loved the opening song.. which he performed... he and Bridgette Hanley made the best couple on earth.. But some how the oldest brother is the one I fell for... Soul and his blondishness didn't do a thing for me.. and well.. Candy already had now .. he was all hunkish MAN... LOL...

Oh the things we remember while travelling down memory lane... LOL

|}onna

' in Texas

Guest guest

Donna, If you like doo wop I recommend Kenny Vance & the planatoons. They have an awesome version of "This magic moment".I really like doo wop and hes the master in my eyes.|}onna wrote: Oh, that's the music that I collect "those oldies but goodies"... I'm into finding and listening to as much Doo Wop as possible these days.. Funny I always thought that Doo Wop was from the fifties.. However The Tokens - The Lion Sleeps Tonight is Doo Wop and not hardly from the fifties..

What about Percy Sledge... and his "When a Man Loves a Woman"... <typed in his crooning fashion>... or "Warm and Tender Love"... "Let me wrap you in my warm and tender love".... now THAT was MOOD music... LOL (still is around here.. even bigger LOL) |}onna Re: Of Semi dreams -- Andi -- My 4th of July Don't forget Def Leapard (sp)Peggy <spazman222verizon (DOT) net> wrote: I love all that are listed by Andi and Trista. I liked Genesis alot too. Do you all remember Quiet Riot??? LOL!!!!I also liked Loverboy, went to see them in concert at the NYS fair. Cheap Trick, Boston, Supertramp!! ! Gosh so many good bands. Now my daughter likes some of that music but she is really into rap, which I can't understand at all, LOL!!! Sounds like grunting

and groaning to me!Hugs,Peggy> > > Do you want me to buy you some clothes,> > Challis? Are you feeling neglected after learning> > that Andi's mom bought her some clothes? I'm afraid> > Andi and I might have the same outlook on clothing> > though and it might not be quite your style. LOLOL> > > > > > mom>

> > > > > This email is a natural hand made product. The> > slight variations in spelling and grammar enhance its> > individual character and beauty and in no way are to> > be considered flaws or defects.> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > === Message Truncated === > > > > ____________ _________ _________ _________ _________ > _________ _> > Be a better Heartthrob. Get better relationship answers > from someone who knows. Yahoo! Answers - Check it out. > > http://answers. yahoo.com/ dir/?link= list & sid= 396545433> > > > > > > > > > ------------ --------- --------- --------- --------- --------- ---> ----> > Shape Yahoo! in your own image. Join our Network Research

> Panel today! > > > > > > > > > > ------------ --------- --------- --------- --------- --------- ---> --------> > Be a better Heartthrob. Get better relationship answers from > someone who knows.> > Yahoo! Answers - Check it out. > > > > > > > > > > > > ------------ --------- --------- --------- --------- --------- ---> ----------> > Park yourself in front of a world of choices in alternative > vehicles.> > Visit the Yahoo! Auto Green Center.> >> ' in Texas Courage is not being fearless, courage is facing your fears and not running

for cover! The fish are biting.Get more visitors on your site using Yahoo! Search Marketing. Have a great day! Joanne

Don't pick lemons.

See all the new 2007 cars at Yahoo! Autos.

Guest guest

The guy who sang lead in 'The Lion Sleeps Tonight' just died last week or the week before. I remember that song when it came out while I was in Junior High. What great memories!Sharon This email is a natural hand made product. The slight variations in spelling and grammar enhance its individual character and beauty and in no way are to be considered flaws or defects. Re: Of Semi dreams -- Andi -- My 4th of July

' in Texas

Moody friends. Drama queens. Your life? Nope! - their life, your story. Play Sims Stories at Yahoo! Games.

Guest guest

Didn't he also play in, Seven Brides For Seven Brothers? I don't remember. I may getting it confused with the one you just mentioned.

Another one I remember is Roy Orbison- Pretty Woman. I loved his music. I still do. I have his tape around here somewhere. I'm pretty sure that if I go look in the jeep, that's where I'll find it, along with all the rest of my music. Tom likes to stake claim on my things. :)

God bless...Val

' in Texas

Guest guest

Great music! You know how some songs bring you back in time? Here's a site where you can listen to a long list of different ie Valle songs. http://www.oldies.com/artist-songs/ie-Valli.htmlhugs))Sharon This email is a natural hand made product. The slight variations in spelling and grammar enhance its individual character and beauty and in no way are to be considered flaws or defects. Re: Of Semi dreams -- Andi -- My 4th of July

' in Texas

No virus found in this incoming message.Checked by AVG Free Edition. Version: 7.5.476 / Virus Database: 269.10.5/899 - Release Date: 7/13/2007 3:41 PM

Luggage? GPS? Comic books?

Check out fitting gifts for grads at Yahoo! Search.

Guest guest

Donna~

You are correct. My hubby and I were discussing this earlier. He was saying that he didn't like the musical version of it. I don't know why.

And I think you are also right about Roy Orbison and Ronnie Milsap.

God bless...Val

' in Texas

No virus found in this incoming message.Checked by AVG Free Edition. Version: 7.5.476 / Virus Database: 269.10.6/900 - Release Date: 7/14/07 3:36 PM

Guest guest

Val,

I think he didnt like it just cause it's a "guy" thing.. lol.. I think it has something to do with the music involved... maybe the "mushy" love story background?? LOL... Around here there would be a western or a war story long before you'd find a love story on television if the remote is under the male influence.. LOL

Stevie Wonder, Roy and Ronnie all amaze me.. not cause of their voices, but because they've mastered musical instruments.. and then not really because they mastered them.. I couldn't sit down an play squat without sheet music in front of me..

|]onna

' in Texas

No virus found in this incoming message.Checked by AVG Free Edition. Version: 7.5.476 / Virus Database: 269.10.6/900 - Release Date: 7/14/07 3:36 PM

Guest guest

Donna~

In most cases I would agree with you on that. ALL the guys in my family are just way too macho to be listening and watching all that foo-foo, mushy stuff. But, Tom is a purely true romantic. One of his favorite movies is Kate and Leopold. Of course any historical love story is preferable. History, being his first love and all.

I feel real sorry for Tom sometimes, because people often take his gentle nature as a sign of weakness. Of course, those are the people that don't really know him. You can't be a cop, and a push over too. I'm afraid, you wouldn't be able to catch many bad guys like that.

Speaking of blind musicians, remember Feliziciano? He sang "Chico", on Chico And The Man. And still, at Christmas time you can turn your radio on, and on one station or another, you can hear him sing, Feliz Navidad. I enjoyed listening to him play the guitar and sing, back in the 70's. I wonder what he's doing now. I know he's still alive.

Both of my brothers play the guitar (self-taught). Neither one of them can read sheet music. They play totally by ear. I play the clarinet and a little keyboard. I have to have sheet music if you want me to play something that I'm not familiar with. But, most of the time, I play by ear also. I think that's just something that might run in our family. We are all artists as well. My great-great uncle did the first animation characters for Sleeping Beauty. He also worked for Walt Disney. My father used to work for Westing House. Back before they had computers doing the graphics for their hardware manuals, he was their illustator. In 1985, my father lost his job to a computer.

Sorry, turn a turn on Memory Lane. Now wonder I get lost all the time....

God bless...Val

' in Texas

Guest guest

I know what you mean about the "macho" thing.. the guys in my family wouldn't be caught dead in a pink shirt... and go figure.. the day I met he was wearing a PINK shirt.. gray pants and a black tie.. LOL.. he's not got the slightest problem with pink.. and actually it looks really good on him...

I still need sheet music.. until it's committed to memory note for note.. but I haven't played in couple of years.. got me a Casio keyboard for Christmas several years ago.. but it's just not the same as sittin' down to that Hammond with the pedal, slide bars and flip tabs.. and TWO rows of keys...

oh well... don't know that I could play much anymore anyway...

|]onna

' in Texas

Guest guest

Thats very Cooooool n! I hope I get more retro

with age. Im pretty retro-less. Lol. Im sure thats not

a word,lol. But im whatever retro isnt. Lol.

hugz,cassy

--- MSersLife

wrote:

> You got it, Cassy, and I am getting more " reto " by

the minute,

> at my age!

> love to you and to all in our group,

> n, linkless in Oakland, CA

>

> --------- Re: Of Semi dreams -- Andi -- My

> 4th of July

> >

> >

> > LMHO!!

> >

> > Trista once had a dream that I pulled up to her

=== Message Truncated ===

________________________________________________________________________________\

____

Looking for a deal? Find great prices on flights and hotels with Yahoo!

FareChase.

http://farechase.yahoo.com/