RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

I'm new here and considering Breast Augmentation

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Sunshower ~

Honey, all, yes, ALL implants cause problems ! !

So far from my research, titanium has been the least

problematic, but that is metal ! ! Some breast augs feel as

hard as metal tho......

The surgeon that has been doing breast augs for 30 years

is telling you a lie ! ! He doesnt deserve the time of day from

you. He lied to you to pad his pocket ! ! ! There is NO way

in hell that any surgeon that has been doing BA surgery for 30

years hasnt seen anyone ill from it. He is a pinocchio, and I hope

his nose grows and consumes his face for that ! !

I was lied to as well. My implanting surgeon was the best in town,

did beautiful surgery. I saw many pics. Well, stupid me, of course

he only showed me the good photos........and not the screw ups........

geeze, what a blonde moment I had when I believed him. Also, the only

person that ever had a rupture was someone that theirs ruptured

in a car wreck.......also a lie.........

Did you know that there are 170,000 men in a class action lawsuit

for " man part " implants that made them sick?

God made us all perfect in our own unique special way, and that

is a blessing. Embrace it, love you, and loose the greedy liars...

I have a long history of breast implant illness, have had silicone and

saline, and a massive rupture of silicone with many, many surgeries removing

silicone, cystic masses with silicone in them, lymph node removal, gangrene, the list goes on........and on and on.....

Hugs N Prayers ~

DedeSee AOL's top rated recipes and easy ways to stay in shape for winter.

Guest guest

Sunflower,

You are going to get a deluge of responses from women who are very

ill from saline implants. Give it a couple of days, as some are away

for the holidays. Go to our archives and read the messages.

Lynda

At 11:05 AM 12/27/2007, you wrote:

>In fact, I've been to two consoltations and was just about to get the

>Silicone and changed me mind because of a report I read on

>mentorcorp.com. I'm not researching Saline and I came across this site.

>

>Has everyone on here had bad experiences?

>

>I'd appreciate any advise of feedback from anyone who has gone through

>the procedure.

>

>Thanks.

>

>

Guest guest

Getting any kind of breast implant will be the biggest mistake of your

life. Most women who are not presently sick from them will tell you

otherwise, saying things like it was the best thing they ever did for

themselves, built their self-esteem, blah, blah, blah. I said those

same things until I got very, very ill. I lost all motivation for life

when I got sick....was like an 80 year old woman in a 37 year old

body. Getting through daily life was a grind, a struggle, a nightmare.

It wasn't until I got the implants out and started a healthy lifestyle

of detoxing that turned my life around....but it took 4 years for me to

get better. I lost so much precious time in life with my children, my

family, my friends.....all because I was so sick I couldn't have fun

anymore. It was the darkest, ugliest 4 years of my life. I would

never wish this on anyone.

Don't make this mistake. Saline implants are not safe either, contrary

to what the medical professionals tell you. They can screw up your

immune system just as bad as silicone implants can, because it is not

always the contents of the implant we react to....we can react to the

shell itself, and every breast implant is made with a silicone shell.

Saline implants have the added risk of getting contaminated with fungus

and then you've got another can of worms to deal with...Dr. Pierre

Blais has even said that saline implants are WORSE than silicone for

that reason.

Take our advice, (and yes, almost every single woman on this group has

suffered badly from this mistake of getting implants). Go spend your

money on yourself in other ways...save for your future, buy a sparkley

piece of jewelry that will be an investment, or go on the trip of a

lifetime. Just don't waste your money on implants, because you WILL

pay for it in the long run, in future surgeries, doctor bills, MRI's

and all the other things you will have to do for upkeep...wasted

money! I can guarantee that the implant surgery won't be the last one

you will have if you get them. It will only be the beginning! It's

got a terrible payback record.

Patty

--- In , " ssunshower " <ssunshower@...>

wrote:

>

> In fact, I've been to two consoltations and was just about to get the

> Silicone and changed me mind because of a report I read on

> mentorcorp.com. I'm not researching Saline and I came across this

site.

>

> Has everyone on here had bad experiences?

>

> I'd appreciate any advise of feedback from anyone who has gone

through

> the procedure.

>

> Thanks.

>

Guest guest

Oh my goodness; that's a horrible story but I'm glad your okay today. did you have a good surgeon?glory2glory1401 <glory2glory1401@...> wrote: Getting any kind of breast implant will be the biggest mistake of your life. Most women who are not presently sick from them will tell you otherwise, saying things like it was the best thing they ever did for themselves, built their self-esteem, blah, blah, blah. I said those same things until I got very, very ill. I lost all motivation for life

when I got sick....was like an 80 year old woman in a 37 year old body. Getting through daily life was a grind, a struggle, a nightmare. It wasn't until I got the implants out and started a healthy lifestyle of detoxing that turned my life around....but it took 4 years for me to get better. I lost so much precious time in life with my children, my family, my friends.....all because I was so sick I couldn't have fun anymore. It was the darkest, ugliest 4 years of my life. I would never wish this on anyone.Don't make this mistake. Saline implants are not safe either, contrary to what the medical professionals tell you. They can screw up your immune system just as bad as silicone implants can, because it is not always the contents of the implant we react to....we can react to the shell itself, and every breast implant is made with a silicone shell.Saline implants have the added risk of getting

contaminated with fungus and then you've got another can of worms to deal with...Dr. Pierre Blais has even said that saline implants are WORSE than silicone for that reason.Take our advice, (and yes, almost every single woman on this group has suffered badly from this mistake of getting implants). Go spend your money on yourself in other ways...save for your future, buy a sparkley piece of jewelry that will be an investment, or go on the trip of a lifetime. Just don't waste your money on implants, because you WILL pay for it in the long run, in future surgeries, doctor bills, MRI's and all the other things you will have to do for upkeep...wasted money! I can guarantee that the implant surgery won't be the last one you will have if you get them. It will only be the beginning! It's got a terrible payback record.Patty>> In fact, I've been to two consoltations and was just about to get the > Silicone and changed me mind because of a report I read on > mentorcorp.com. I'm not researching Saline and I came across this site.> > Has everyone on here had bad experiences? > > I'd appreciate any advise of feedback from anyone who has gone through > the procedure.> > Thanks.>

Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Mobile. Try it now.

Guest guest

I agree with Patty - this so called safe procedue has harmed so many people. I just recently got my implants (saline) about 8 months ago. I started to have symptoms almost immediately. I got my implants removed about a month ago. I will be happy to help you in any way I can. I will share my story with you and give you any advice I can. However, I will encourage any and everyone not to get implants. Not only for health reason but also for financial reasons.

Feel free to contact me through my personal email and I will be happy to give you any info I can. tommygirl18_1981@...

Beth

I'm new here and considering Breast Augmentation

In fact, I've been to two consoltations and was just about to get the Silicone and changed me mind because of a report I read on mentorcorp.com. I'm not researching Saline and I came across this site.Has everyone on here had bad experiences? I'd appreciate any advise of feedback from anyone who has gone through the procedure.Thanks.

Guest guest

,I wanted to jump in here (not to exclude Patty from responding, but in addition to her response). I haven't had a breast aug either, and like you, I found this board before getting one. I too wondered about implanting surgeons as cause.But in reading more and more, here are some of the reasons I think some women react sooner than others to breast implants:1. I'm sure implanting surgeon can have something to do with it- there are numerous ways women can be exposed to bacteria and other things during the surgery that can lead to problems down the road. Have you read the Mentor manual for implant installation? It's SCARY. It advises to use clean instruments, not to put used (explanted)

implants in a second woman, etc. There are lots of almost voodoo type rules that various surgeons adhere to because they believe it's helpful. I say voodoo because there is NO PRESCRIBED WAY TO INSTALL THE IMPLANTS. There are helpful hints from the manufacturers, but no definitive guideline on "here's how you do it to avoid problems". So surgeons are left to improvise. Many add things that they feel are helpful, but end up causing problems. (I think it was a woman on this board who found out her surgeon put steroids in to avoid capsular contracture, but didn't find out until explant.) Many surgeons add anti-bacterial stuff to saline "for safety", but that goes against the manufacturers' recommendations. Who is there to police the surgeons? The implantee is typically asleep at the time of all this. There are lots of rules about how many times, and at what times during the procedure, that the surgeon needs to change gloves. Who knows if they adhere to

this?2. Some stuff can't be controlled, no matter who the surgeon. One woman on this board found out after explant, when she sent her implants to a lab, that dropped ceiling particles were in her capsules or on her implants. Does even the best surgeon operate inside a surgical tent to avoid this? Should they? What dangers might that cause if they did? Who is making the rules on this? Nobody. It's all up to the surgeon.3. The FDA approve the implants. BUT WHO IS APPROVING THE IMPLANT PROCEDURE? What procedure? There is no "one" procedure. Surgeons devise their own methods, and try various things based on trial and error. (e.g. drains may reduce the percentage of capsular contracture, but if a surgeon can only assess this based on his own patients, it takes a lot of patients to really prove this- and some of them have to get capsular contracture without drains to prove this out for him)4. No device of any sort is 100% without flaw. You can't

make 100,000 of ANYTHING and not have at least a few come out faulty. Will one of those be yours? What will the results of that flaw be? What will have to happen before you or your surgeon figure out the cause of your problems? What will have to happen to fix it, and what are the risks associated with that?5. I personally think some people have a proclivity towards autoimmune diseases, and I think I'm one of them. I have a lot of symptoms now (pre-implant) that these women got after getting implants. I can't imagine implants would improve my situation. My latest thing I'm looking at is the link between formula-fed babies and autoimmune problems. I was formula fed. (I've been meaning to ask the women of this board if most were formula fed or breast fed)Anyway, I understand wanting to think it's all the fault of the surgeon, because then we can think, "But I'll pick a great surgeon and this won't happen to me." But the more I read about this,

the less I can buy into that strategy. I wish there were a safe way to do this. Maybe in life there really are no short cuts. And maybe being small isn't such a bad thing anyway.Good luck, and if you want to write to me, please do so at any time. I think I understand how you feel. Trust me, nobody is more curious about how life would be with "big ones", but in turning away from implants, I'm actually coming to terms with my "small ones", which is something I didn't expect would happen (ever).-Ballerina (NO) breast aug Re: Re: I'm new here and considering Breast

Augmentation

Oh my goodness; that's a horrible story but I'm glad your okay today. did you have a good surgeon?glory2glory1401 <glory2glory1401> wrote: Getting any kind of breast implant will be the biggest mistake of your life. Most women who are not presently sick from them will tell you otherwise, saying things like it was the best thing they ever did for themselves, built their self-esteem, blah, blah, blah. I said those same things until I got very, very ill. I lost all motivation for life

when I got sick....was like an 80 year old woman in a 37 year old body. Getting through daily life was a grind, a struggle, a nightmare.. It wasn't until I got the implants out and started a healthy lifestyle of detoxing that turned my life around....but it took 4 years for me to get better. I lost so much precious time in life with my children, my family, my friends..... all because I was so sick I couldn't have fun anymore. It was the darkest, ugliest 4 years of my life. I would never wish this on anyone.Don't make this mistake. Saline implants are not safe either, contrary to what the medical professionals tell you. They can screw up your immune system just as bad as silicone implants can, because it is not always the contents of the implant we react to....we can react to the shell itself, and every breast implant is made with a silicone shell.Saline implants have the added risk of

getting

contaminated with fungus and then you've got another can of worms to deal with...Dr. Pierre Blais has even said that saline implants are WORSE than silicone for that reason.Take our advice, (and yes, almost every single woman on this group has suffered badly from this mistake of getting implants). Go spend your money on yourself in other ways...save for your future, buy a sparkley piece of jewelry that will be an investment, or go on the trip of a lifetime. Just don't waste your money on implants, because you WILL pay for it in the long run, in future surgeries, doctor bills, MRI's and all the other things you will have to do for upkeep...wasted money! I can guarantee that the implant surgery won't be the last one you will have if you get them. It will only be the beginning! It's got a terrible payback record.Patty>> In fact, I've been to two consoltations and was just about to get the > Silicone and changed me mind because of a report I read on > mentorcorp.com. I'm not researching Saline and I came across this site.> > Has everyone on here had bad experiences? > > I'd appreciate any advise of feedback from anyone who has gone through > the procedure.> > Thanks.> Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Mobile. Try it now.

Guest guest

I certainly did. He was reputed to be one of the best in town.

I get a chuckle out of these women that claim on pro-implant

commentaries that they did not get sick because they went to a good

surgeon. AS IF their surgeon has anything to do with their immune

system programming. NOT!!

I agree that a good surgeon is important and to make sure you are

going to someone that has the proper credentials, but once again all

the credentials in the world are not going to prevent your immune

system from reacting to silicone if indeed it is your destiny that it

is going to do so. Comments like those show how much these women have

actually researched the controversy over silicone. It's about a

woman's immune system, and not the surgeon.

Patty

> >

> > In fact, I've been to two consoltations and was just about to get

the

> > Silicone and changed me mind because of a report I read on

> > mentorcorp.com. I'm not researching Saline and I came across this

> site.

> >

> > Has everyone on here had bad experiences?

> >

> > I'd appreciate any advise of feedback from anyone who has gone

> through

> > the procedure.

> >

> > Thanks.

> >

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

> ---------------------------------

> Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Mobile.

Try it now.

>

Guest guest

Thank you for your response. I'm not sure what to think. I spoke to a surgeon who had been doing this surgery for 30 years and said "no one he worked on ever got sick". Yes, there was the capsular and rupture, but no one sick. He was even working with silicone implants because some people were approved for this surgery when silicon was not on the market. I had to ask the question about the surgeon. Why is there so many that don't get sick? Think about it; people have pace makers; hip and knee implants in their bodies and they are plastic too! I need to learn more. Thanks again. Ballerina Breastaug <ballerinabreastaug@...> wrote: ,I wanted to jump in here (not to exclude Patty from responding, but in addition to her response). I haven't had a breast aug either, and like you, I found this board before getting one. I too wondered about implanting surgeons as cause.But in reading more and more, here are some of the reasons I think some women react sooner than others to breast implants:1. I'm sure implanting surgeon can have something to do with it- there are numerous ways women can be exposed to bacteria and other things during the surgery that can lead to problems down the road. Have you read the Mentor manual for implant installation? It's

SCARY. It advises to use clean instruments, not to put used (explanted) implants in a second woman, etc. There are lots of almost voodoo type rules that various surgeons adhere to because they believe it's helpful. I say voodoo because there is NO PRESCRIBED WAY TO INSTALL THE IMPLANTS. There are helpful hints from the manufacturers, but no definitive guideline on "here's how you do it to avoid problems". So surgeons are left to improvise. Many add things that they feel are helpful, but end up causing problems. (I think it was a woman on this board who found out her surgeon put steroids in to avoid capsular contracture, but didn't find out until explant.) Many surgeons add anti-bacterial stuff to saline "for safety", but that goes against the manufacturers' recommendations. Who is there to police the surgeons? The implantee is typically asleep at the time of all this. There are lots of rules about how many times, and at what times during the procedure, that the surgeon

needs to change gloves. Who knows if they adhere to this?2. Some stuff can't be controlled, no matter who the surgeon. One woman on this board found out after explant, when she sent her implants to a lab, that dropped ceiling particles were in her capsules or on her implants. Does even the best surgeon operate inside a surgical tent to avoid this? Should they? What dangers might that cause if they did? Who is making the rules on this? Nobody. It's all up to the surgeon.3. The FDA approve the implants. BUT WHO IS APPROVING THE IMPLANT PROCEDURE? What procedure? There is no "one" procedure. Surgeons devise their own methods, and try various things based on trial and error. (e.g. drains may reduce the percentage of capsular contracture, but if a surgeon can only assess this based on his own patients, it takes a lot of patients to really prove this- and some of them have to get capsular contracture without drains to prove this out for him)4. No device of any sort

is 100% without flaw. You can't make 100,000 of ANYTHING and not have at least a few come out faulty. Will one of those be yours? What will the results of that flaw be? What will have to happen before you or your surgeon figure out the cause of your problems? What will have to happen to fix it, and what are the risks associated with that?5. I personally think some people have a proclivity towards autoimmune diseases, and I think I'm one of them. I have a lot of symptoms now (pre-implant) that these women got after getting implants. I can't imagine implants would improve my situation. My latest thing I'm looking at is the link between formula-fed babies and autoimmune problems. I was formula fed. (I've been meaning to ask the women of this board if most were formula fed or breast fed)Anyway, I understand wanting to think it's all the fault of the surgeon, because then we can think, "But I'll pick a great surgeon and this won't happen to me." But the more I read

about this, the less I can buy into that strategy. I wish there were a safe way to do this. Maybe in life there really are no short cuts. And maybe being small isn't such a bad thing anyway.Good luck, and if you want to write to me, please do so at any time. I think I understand how you feel. Trust me, nobody is more curious about how life would be with "big ones", but in turning away from implants, I'm actually coming to terms with my "small ones", which is something I didn't expect would happen (ever).-Ballerina (NO) breast aug Re: Re: I'm new here and considering Breast Augmentation Oh my goodness; that's a horrible story but I'm glad your okay today. did you have a good surgeon?glory2glory1401 <glory2glory1401> wrote: Getting any kind of breast implant will be the biggest mistake of your life. Most women who are not presently sick from them will tell you otherwise, saying things like it was the best thing they ever did for themselves, built their self-esteem, blah, blah, blah. I said those same things until I got very, very ill. I lost all motivation for life when I got sick....was like an 80 year old woman in a 37 year old body. Getting through daily life was a grind, a struggle, a nightmare.. It wasn't until I got the implants out and started a healthy lifestyle of detoxing that

turned my life around....but it took 4 years for me to get better. I lost so much precious time in life with my children, my family, my friends..... all because I was so sick I couldn't have fun anymore. It was the darkest, ugliest 4 years of my life. I would never wish this on anyone.Don't make this mistake. Saline implants are not safe either, contrary to what the medical professionals tell you. They can screw up your immune system just as bad as silicone implants can, because it is not always the contents of the implant we react to....we can react to the shell itself, and every breast implant is made with a silicone shell.Saline implants have the added risk of getting contaminated with fungus and then you've got another can of worms to deal with...Dr. Pierre Blais has even said that saline implants are WORSE than silicone for that reason.Take our advice, (and yes, almost every single woman on this group

has suffered badly from this mistake of getting implants). Go spend your money on yourself in other ways...save for your future, buy a sparkley piece of jewelry that will be an investment, or go on the trip of a lifetime. Just don't waste your money on implants, because you WILL pay for it in the long run, in future surgeries, doctor bills, MRI's and all the other things you will have to do for upkeep...wasted money! I can guarantee that the implant surgery won't be the last one you will have if you get them. It will only be the beginning! It's got a terrible payback record.Patty>> In fact, I've been to two consoltations and was just about to get the > Silicone and changed me mind because of a

report I read on > mentorcorp.com. I'm not researching Saline and I came across this site.> > Has everyone on here had bad experiences? > > I'd appreciate any advise of feedback from anyone who has gone through > the procedure.> > Thanks.> Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Mobile. Try it now. Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Mobile. Try it now.

Never miss a thing. Make your homepage.

Guest guest

Many people have had bad experiences with bad surgeons. In fact, I read some on this site.glory2glory1401 <glory2glory1401@...> wrote: I certainly did. He was reputed to be one of the best in town. I get a chuckle out of these women that claim on pro-implant commentaries that they did not get sick because they went to a good surgeon. AS IF their surgeon has anything to do with their immune system programming. NOT!! I agree that a good surgeon is important and to make sure you are going to someone that has the

proper credentials, but once again all the credentials in the world are not going to prevent your immune system from reacting to silicone if indeed it is your destiny that it is going to do so. Comments like those show how much these women have actually researched the controversy over silicone. It's about a woman's immune system, and not the surgeon.Patty> >> > In fact, I've been to two consoltations and was just about to get the > > Silicone and changed me mind because of a report I read on > > mentorcorp.com. I'm not researching Saline and I came across this > site.> > > > Has everyone on here had bad experiences? > > > > I'd appreciate any advise of feedback from anyone who has gone > through > > the procedure.> > > > Thanks.>

>> > > > > > > > > > ---------------------------------> Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Mobile. Try it now.>

Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Search.

Guest guest

My surgeon said the same thing as yours, and I might believe him that he believes that. In fact, all of his patients might even believe that. How many women have implants, have symptoms from implants, yet don't relate the two? How would we ever know? If I were a woman with implants, and my vision became blurry, I'd go to an eye doctor (not my implant surgeon). If then my hair started falling out, I'd go to (? I don't know what kind of doctor?) but not my implant surgeon. If I were too tired to get off the couch, but this symptom didn't start until years after implant, why would it cross my mind to call my implant surgeon?I had a nose job when I was 16, and I've had lots of weird things happen to me since.

(rashes, ear pain, fatigue, muscular and joint pain, etc. etc.) I've NEVER considered calling my nose surgeon to tell him about it or ask if it were related to the nose job. But who's to say it isn't that surgery that triggered all of this?So I'll bet a lot of surgeons are able to operate in a bubble, wherein they believe they are harming no-one, even if they are. Re: Re: I'm new here and considering Breast Augmentation Oh my goodness; that's a horrible story but I'm glad your okay today. did you have a good surgeon?glory2glory1401 <glory2glory1401> wrote: Getting any kind of breast implant will be the biggest mistake of your life. Most women who are not presently sick from them will tell you otherwise, saying things like it was the best thing they ever did for themselves, built their self-esteem, blah, blah, blah. I said those same things until I got very, very ill. I lost all motivation for life when I got sick....was like an 80 year old woman in a 37 year old body. Getting through daily life was a grind, a struggle, a nightmare.. It wasn't until I got the implants out and

started a healthy lifestyle of detoxing that

turned my life around.....but it took 4 years for me to get better. I lost so much precious time in life with my children, my family, my friends..... all because I was so sick I couldn't have fun anymore. It was the darkest, ugliest 4 years of my life. I would never wish this on anyone.Don't make this mistake. Saline implants are not safe either, contrary to what the medical professionals tell you. They can screw up your immune system just as bad as silicone implants can, because it is not always the contents of the implant we react to....we can react to the shell itself, and every breast implant is made with a silicone shell.Saline implants have the added risk of getting contaminated with fungus and then you've got another can of worms to deal with...Dr. Pierre Blais has even said that saline implants are WORSE than silicone for that reason.Take our advice, (and yes, almost every single

woman on this group

has suffered badly from this mistake of getting implants). Go spend your money on yourself in other ways...save for your future, buy a sparkley piece of jewelry that will be an investment, or go on the trip of a lifetime. Just don't waste your money on implants, because you WILL pay for it in the long run, in future surgeries, doctor bills, MRI's and all the other things you will have to do for upkeep...wasted money! I can guarantee that the implant surgery won't be the last one you will have if you get them. It will only be the beginning! It's got a terrible payback record.Patty>> In fact, I've been to two consoltations and was just about to get the > Silicone and

changed me mind because of a

report I read on > mentorcorp.com. I'm not researching Saline and I came across this site.> > Has everyone on here had bad experiences? > > I'd appreciate any advise of feedback from anyone who has gone through > the procedure.> > Thanks.> Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Mobile. Try it now. Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Mobile. Try it now. Never miss a thing. Make your homepage.

Guest guest

My mother has knee replacements and she got sick afterwards...she has

fibromyalgia, some mysterious illnesses that the doctors haven't

figured out yet, and takes plaquenil and a host of other drugs. I

believe it is directly related to her knee implants.

If you research the other types of silicone implants (shunts, calf

implants, joint implants, TMJ implants, cheek implants, chin, butt,

penis and any other kind of implant used in the human body, including

silicone lip injections), you will find that they, too, are reacting

to this foreign material.

It's only a percentage of people who react negatively, but we have no

idea what that percentage is. We also don't have a time frame for

reactions to take place. They can happen immediately, 20 years down

the road, and every moment in between. There is no predictability

with each individual immune system.

This doctor that claims " no one he worked on ever got sick " is

deluded. He may want to believe that and use it as a selling point,

but how would he ever know? Does he keep a close watch on every one

of his patients that he's had in the last 30 years? I highly doubt

it, and secondly, many women who get sick from their implants don't

know it, don't make the connection and don't go back to their plastic

surgeon to discuss it. Let me ask you, if you got mysteriously sick,

wouldn't you first go to an internist or rheumatologist? Would you

ever consider going to your plastic surgeon for disease care? I

don't think so. I've heard many doctors claim that their patients

don't get sick, but in fact, making a claim like that makes them look

stupid because they just can't properly prove it!!! And they know

you won't ask them to!

Patty

> >

the

> site.

> >

> >

> through

> > the procedure.

> >

> > Thanks.

> >

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

> Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with

Mobile. Try it now.

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

Mobile. Try it now.

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

> Never miss a thing. Make your homepage.

>

Guest guest

Yes, they have had bad experiences with bad surgeons, on top of

having a systemic reaction to their implants. I've heard some horror

stories in the past 7 1/2 years of hosting this forum.

Patty

> > >

> > > In fact, I've been to two consoltations and was just about to

get

> the

> > > Silicone and changed me mind because of a report I read on

> > > mentorcorp.com. I'm not researching Saline and I came across

this

> > site.

> > >

> > > Has everyone on here had bad experiences?

> > >

> > > I'd appreciate any advise of feedback from anyone who has gone

> > through

> > > the procedure.

> > >

> > > Thanks.

> > >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> > ---------------------------------

> > Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with

Mobile.

> Try it now.

> >

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

> Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with

Search.

>

Guest guest

So, what is exactly happening? Women are getting symptoms like blurred vision etc., and the going to the doctor to have their implants removed and the symptoms go away? That's making a long story short.Ballerina Breastaug <ballerinabreastaug@...> wrote: My surgeon said the same thing as yours, and I might believe him that he believes that. In fact, all of his patients might even

believe that. How many women have implants, have symptoms from implants, yet don't relate the two? How would we ever know? If I were a woman with implants, and my vision became blurry, I'd go to an eye doctor (not my implant surgeon). If then my hair started falling out, I'd go to (? I don't know what kind of doctor?) but not my implant surgeon. If I were too tired to get off the couch, but this symptom didn't start until years after implant, why would it cross my mind to call my implant surgeon?I had a nose job when I was 16, and I've had lots of weird things happen to me since. (rashes, ear pain, fatigue, muscular and joint pain, etc. etc.) I've NEVER considered calling my nose surgeon to tell him about it or ask if it were related to the nose job. But who's to say it isn't that surgery that triggered all of this?So I'll bet a lot of surgeons are able to operate in a bubble, wherein they believe they are harming no-one, even if they are. Re: Re: I'm new here and considering Breast Augmentation Oh my goodness; that's a horrible story but I'm glad your okay today. did you have a good surgeon?glory2glory1401 <glory2glory1401> wrote: Getting any kind of breast implant will be the biggest mistake of your life. Most women who are not presently sick from them will tell you otherwise, saying things like it was the best thing they ever did for themselves, built their self-esteem, blah, blah, blah. I said those same things until I got very, very ill. I lost all motivation for life when I got sick....was like an 80 year old woman in a 37 year old body. Getting

through daily life was a grind, a struggle, a nightmare.. It wasn't until I got the implants out and started a healthy lifestyle of detoxing that turned my life around.....but it took 4 years for me to get better. I lost so much precious time in life with my children, my family, my friends..... all because I was so sick I couldn't have fun anymore. It was the darkest, ugliest 4 years of my life. I would never wish this on anyone.Don't make this mistake. Saline implants are not safe either, contrary to what the medical professionals tell you. They can screw up your immune system just as bad as silicone implants can, because it is not always the contents of the implant we react to....we can react to the shell itself, and every breast implant is made with a silicone shell.Saline implants have the added risk of getting contaminated with fungus and then you've got another can of worms to deal with...Dr. Pierre

Blais has even said that saline implants are WORSE than silicone for that reason.Take our advice, (and yes, almost every single woman on this group has suffered badly from this mistake of getting implants). Go spend your money on yourself in other ways...save for your future, buy a sparkley piece of jewelry that will be an investment, or go on the trip of a lifetime. Just don't waste your money on implants, because you WILL pay for it in the long run, in future surgeries, doctor bills, MRI's and all the other things you will have to do for upkeep...wasted money! I can guarantee that the implant surgery won't be the last one you will have if you get them. It will only be the beginning! It's got a terrible payback record.Patty>> In fact, I've been to two consoltations and was just about to get the > Silicone and changed me mind because of a report I read on > mentorcorp.com. I'm not researching Saline and I came across this site.> > Has everyone on here had bad experiences? > > I'd appreciate any advise of feedback from anyone who has gone through > the procedure.> > Thanks.> Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Mobile. Try it now. Be a

better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Mobile. Try it now. Never miss a thing. Make your homepage. Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Mobile. Try it now.

Guest guest

Hi ,

Welcome to the forum. I applaud you doing the research before making

a life-changing decision. Please do not be fooled by what your

surgeon told you. I had a wonderful rapport with my surgeon and he

told me the same thing... " None of my patients have become ill from

implants. " Now I realize that in his mind, he believes that.

When I became ill and went to him complaining of pain raidating from

my breast down my left arm, he said it was from carpal tunnel

syndrome and not the implants! He also dismissed other symptoms as

well saying there is no connection. When I saw that I have so many

of the EXACT same symptoms that the women on this forum have, it's a

no-brainer.

You can view my story at

http://www.humanticsfoundation.com/perfect-health.htm

Please don't make the same dreadful decision I made. Love, PH

> >

the

> site.

> >

> >

> through

> > the procedure.

> >

> > Thanks.

> >

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

Mobile. Try it now.

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

Mobile. Try it now.

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

> Never miss a thing. Make your homepage.

>

Guest guest

For another story of implants-gone-wrong with an excellent reputable surgeon, with a different slant than implant illness, go to http://mybodysite.com/memeMultiple surgeries did not help the distortion that Meme had. Her distortion was VERY visible, and caused extreme pain. She couldn't open drawers or pill bottles. Closing the trunk on her car was excruciating. She has them out now, and is pain free. Re: Re: I'm new here and considering Breast Augmentation

Many people have had bad experiences with bad surgeons. In fact, I read some on this site.glory2glory1401 <glory2glory1401> wrote: I certainly did. He was reputed to be one of the best in town. I get a chuckle out of these women that claim on pro-implant commentaries that they did not get sick because they went to a good surgeon. AS IF their surgeon has anything to do with their immune system programming. NOT!! I agree that a good surgeon is important and to make sure you are going to someone that has the

proper credentials, but once again all the credentials in the world are not going to prevent your immune system from reacting to silicone if indeed it is your destiny that it is going to do so. Comments like those show how much these women have actually researched the controversy over silicone. It's about a woman's immune system, and not the surgeon.Patty> >> > In fact, I've been to two consoltations and was just about to get the > > Silicone and changed me mind because of a report I read on > > mentorcorp.com. I'm not researching Saline and I came across this > site.> > > > Has everyone on here had bad experiences? > > > > I'd

appreciate any advise of feedback from anyone who has gone > through > > the procedure.> > > > Thanks.>

>> > > > > > > > > > ------------ --------- --------- ---> Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Mobile. Try it now.> Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Search.

Guest guest

Sun

They are not plastic, they are silicone, and

people with pace makers and other silicone

implants are also quite ill, testicular implants,

penile implants, all kinds of silicone implants,

they are getting sick. I have had people with

toe joint replacements on my list. They were

very ill and it ate the bone next to the implant.

There are many, many sick people with

implants. And any doctor who says he has never

had a sick woman is a liar. Has he kept in

contact with every woman he has implanted over

the 30 years? That would be virtually

impossible. He is telling you a tall tale.

Many sick women NEVER go back to their implanting

surgeon. When they find out what is making them

ill, they go elsewhere in a hurry.

You need a lot more research. Read our archives.

Lynda

At 01:13 PM 12/27/2007, you wrote:

>Thank you for your response. I'm not sure what

>to think. I spoke to a surgeon who had been

>doing this surgery for 30 years and said " no one

>he worked on ever got sick " . Yes, there was the

>capsular and rupture, but no one sick. He was

>even working with silicone implants because some

>people were approved for this surgery when silicon was not on the market.

>

>I had to ask the question about the surgeon. Why

>is there so many that don't get sick? Think

>about it; people have pace makers; hip and knee

>implants in their bodies and they are plastic too!

>

>I need to learn more. Thanks again.

>

>Ballerina Breastaug <ballerinabreastaug@...> wrote:

>,

>

>I wanted to jump in here (not to exclude Patty

>from responding, but in addition to her response).

>

>I haven't had a breast aug either, and like you,

>I found this board before getting one. I too

>wondered about implanting surgeons as cause.

>

>But in reading more and more, here are some of

>the reasons I think some women react sooner than others to breast implants:

>1. I'm sure implanting surgeon can have

>something to do with it- there are numerous ways

>women can be exposed to bacteria and other

>things during the surgery that can lead to

>problems down the road. Have you read the Mentor

>manual for implant installation? It's SCARY. It

>advises to use clean instruments, not to put

>used (explanted) implants in a second woman,

>etc. There are lots of almost voodoo type rules

>that various surgeons adhere to because they

>believe it's helpful. I say voodoo because there

>is NO PRESCRIBED WAY TO INSTALL THE IMPLANTS.

>There are helpful hints from the manufacturers,

>but no definitive guideline on " here's how you

>do it to avoid problems " . So surgeons are left

>to improvise. Many add things that they feel are

>helpful, but end up causing problems. (I think

>it was a woman on this board who found out her

>surgeon put steroids in to avoid capsular

>contracture, but didn't find out until explant.)

>Many surgeons add anti-bacterial stuff to saline

> " for safety " , but that goes against the

>manufacturers' recommendations. Who is there to

>police the surgeons? The implantee is typically

>asleep at the time of all this. There are lots

>of rules about how many times, and at what times

>during the procedure, that the surgeon needs to

>change gloves. Who knows if they adhere to this?

>2. Some stuff can't be controlled, no matter who

>the surgeon. One woman on this board found out

>after explant, when she sent her implants to a

>lab, that dropped ceiling particles were in her

>capsules or on her implants. Does even the best

>surgeon operate inside a surgical tent to avoid

>this? Should they? What dangers might that cause

>if they did? Who is making the rules on this?

>Nobody. It's all up to the surgeon.

>3. The FDA approve the implants. BUT WHO IS

>APPROVING THE IMPLANT PROCEDURE? What procedure?

>There is no " one " procedure. Surgeons devise

>their own methods, and try various things based

>on trial and error. (e.g. drains may reduce the

>percentage of capsular contracture, but if a

>surgeon can only assess this based on his own

>patients, it takes a lot of patients to really

>prove this- and some of them have to get

>capsular contracture without drains to prove this out for him)

>4. No device of any sort is 100% without flaw.

>You can't make 100,000 of ANYTHING and not have

>at least a few come out faulty. Will one of

>those be yours? What will the results of that

>flaw be? What will have to happen before you or

>your surgeon figure out the cause of your

>problems? What will have to happen to fix it,

>and what are the risks associated with that?

>5. I personally think some people have a

>proclivity towards autoimmune diseases, and I

>think I'm one of them. I have a lot of symptoms

>now (pre-implant) that these women got after

>getting implants. I can't imagine implants would

>improve my situation. My latest thing I'm

>looking at is the link between formula-fed

>babies and autoimmune problems. I was formula

>fed. (I've been meaning to ask the women of this

>board if most were formula fed or breast fed)

>

>Anyway, I understand wanting to think it's all

>the fault of the surgeon, because then we can

>think, " But I'll pick a great surgeon and this

>won't happen to me. " But the more I read about

>this, the less I can buy into that strategy. I

>wish there were a safe way to do this. Maybe in

>life there really are no short cuts. And maybe

>being small isn't such a bad thing anyway.

>

>Good luck, and if you want to write to me,

>please do so at any time. I think I understand

>how you feel. Trust me, nobody is more curious

>about how life would be with " big ones " , but in

>turning away from implants, I'm actually coming

>to terms with my " small ones " , which is

>something I didn't expect would happen (ever).

>

>-Ballerina (NO) breast aug

>

> Re: Re: I'm new here

>and considering Breast Augmentation

>

>Oh my goodness; that's a horrible story but I'm glad your okay today.

>

>did you have a good surgeon?

>

>glory2glory1401 <glory2glory1401@ <http:///>> wrote:

>Getting any kind of breast implant will be the biggest mistake of your

>life. Most women who are not presently sick from them will tell you

>otherwise, saying things like it was the best thing they ever did for

>themselves, built their self-esteem, blah, blah, blah. I said those

>same things until I got very, very ill. I lost all motivation for life

>when I got sick....was like an 80 year old woman in a 37 year old

>body. Getting through daily life was a grind, a struggle, a nightmare..

>

>It wasn't until I got the implants out and started a healthy lifestyle

>of detoxing that turned my life around....but it took 4 years for me to

>get better. I lost so much precious time in life with my children, my

>family, my friends..... all because I was so sick I couldn't have fun

>anymore. It was the darkest, ugliest 4 years of my life. I would

>never wish this on anyone.

>

>Don't make this mistake. Saline implants are not safe either, contrary

>to what the medical professionals tell you. They can screw up your

>immune system just as bad as silicone implants can, because it is not

>always the contents of the implant we react to....we can react to the

>shell itself, and every breast implant is made with a silicone shell.

>

>Saline implants have the added risk of getting contaminated with fungus

>and then you've got another can of worms to deal with...Dr. Pierre

>Blais has even said that saline implants are WORSE than silicone for

>that reason.

>

>Take our advice, (and yes, almost every single woman on this group has

>suffered badly from this mistake of getting implants). Go spend your

>money on yourself in other ways...save for your future, buy a sparkley

>piece of jewelry that will be an investment, or go on the trip of a

>lifetime. Just don't waste your money on implants, because you WILL

>pay for it in the long run, in future surgeries, doctor bills, MRI's

>and all the other things you will have to do for upkeep...wasted

>money! I can guarantee that the implant surgery won't be the last one

>you will have if you get them. It will only be the beginning! It's

>got a terrible payback record.

>Patty

>

>--- In

><mailto: %40> @

>groups. com, " ssunshower " <ssunshower@ ...>

>wrote:

> >

> > In fact, I've been to two consoltations and was just about to get the

> > <http://mentorcorp.com/>mentorcorp.com. I'm

> not researching Saline and I came across this

>site.

> >

> >

>through

> > the procedure.

> >

> > Thanks.

> >

>

>

>

>

>

>

>Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all

>with Mobile.

><http://us.rd./evt=51733/*http://mobile./;_ylt=Ahu06i62sR8HDt\

Dypao8Wcj9tAcJ%20>Try

>it now.

>

>

>

>with Mobile. Try it now.

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>Never miss a thing.

><http://us.rd./evt=51438/*http://www./r/hs>Make

> your homepage.

>

Guest guest

Hi ,

I forgot to mention your comment regarding knee/hip implants, pace

makers, etc. My uncle had knee replacements years ago and was given

a heavy dose of immunosuppressants....drugs that suppress the body's

natural immune responses. Many patients are given this because

doctors know that the body doesn't want any kind of foreign object in

it. Weeks, months or years later then mysterious symptoms occur as

the body's systems are burnt out from fighting the foreign object

round the clock. Before and after explant I had extremely high

cortisol levels indicating my body was " in flight or fight " trying to

escape the ravages of implants. - PH

> > >

> > > In fact, I've been to two consoltations and was just about to

get

> the

> > > Silicone and changed me mind because of a report I read on

> > > mentorcorp.com. I'm not researching Saline and I came across

this

> > site.

> > >

> > > Has everyone on here had bad experiences?

> > >

> > > I'd appreciate any advise of feedback from anyone who has gone

> > through

> > > the procedure.

> > >

> > > Thanks.

> > >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> Mobile. Try it now.

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> Mobile. Try it now.

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> > Never miss a thing. Make your homepage.

> >

>

Guest guest

okay so is it possible that some of these women have gone too big. I know my friend did and has had problems from it.glory2glory1401 <glory2glory1401@...> wrote: My mother has knee replacements and she got sick afterwards...she has fibromyalgia, some mysterious illnesses that the doctors haven't figured out yet, and takes plaquenil and a host of other drugs. I believe it is directly related to her knee implants.If you research the other types of silicone implants (shunts, calf implants, joint implants, TMJ implants,

cheek implants, chin, butt, penis and any other kind of implant used in the human body, including silicone lip injections), you will find that they, too, are reacting to this foreign material.It's only a percentage of people who react negatively, but we have no idea what that percentage is. We also don't have a time frame for reactions to take place. They can happen immediately, 20 years down the road, and every moment in between. There is no predictability with each individual immune system.This doctor that claims "no one he worked on ever got sick" is deluded. He may want to believe that and use it as a selling point, but how would he ever know? Does he keep a close watch on every one of his patients that he's had in the last 30 years? I highly doubt it, and secondly, many women who get sick from their implants don't know it, don't make the connection and don't go back to their plastic surgeon to discuss

it. Let me ask you, if you got mysteriously sick, wouldn't you first go to an internist or rheumatologist? Would you ever consider going to your plastic surgeon for disease care? I don't think so. I've heard many doctors claim that their patients don't get sick, but in fact, making a claim like that makes them look stupid because they just can't properly prove it!!! And they know you won't ask them to!Patty> >> > In fact, I've been to two consoltations and was just about to get the > > Silicone and changed me mind because of a report I read on > > mentorcorp.com. I'm not researching Saline and I came across this > site.> > > > Has everyone on here had bad experiences? > > > > I'd appreciate any advise of feedback from anyone who has gone > through > > the procedure.> > > > Thanks.> >> > > > > > > > > > ---------------------------------> Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Mobile. Try it now. > > > > > >

> > ---------------------------------> Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Mobile. Try it now. > > > > > > > > ---------------------------------> Never miss a thing. Make your homepage.>

Guest guest

Yes. Re: Re: I'm new here and considering Breast Augmentation Oh my goodness; that's a horrible story but I'm glad your okay today. did you have a good surgeon?glory2glory1401 <glory2glory1401> wrote: Getting any kind of breast implant will be the biggest mistake of your life. Most women who are not presently sick from them will tell you otherwise, saying things like it was the best thing they ever did for themselves, built their self-esteem, blah, blah, blah. I said those same things until I got very, very ill. I lost all motivation for life when I got sick....was like an 80 year old woman in

a 37 year old body. Getting

through daily life was a grind, a struggle, a nightmare.. It wasn't until I got the implants out and started a healthy lifestyle of detoxing that turned my life around.....but it took 4 years for me to get better. I lost so much precious time in life with my children, my family, my friends..... all because I was so sick I couldn't have fun anymore. It was the darkest, ugliest 4 years of my life. I would never wish this on anyone.Don't make this mistake. Saline implants are not safe either, contrary to what the medical professionals tell you. They can screw up your immune system just as bad as silicone implants can, because it is not always the contents of the implant we react to....we can react to the shell itself, and every breast implant is made with a silicone shell.Saline implants have the added risk of getting contaminated with fungus and then you've got another can of worms to deal

with...Dr. Pierre

Blais has even said that saline implants are WORSE than silicone for that reason.Take our advice, (and yes, almost every single woman on this group has suffered badly from this mistake of getting implants). Go spend your money on yourself in other ways....save for your future, buy a sparkley piece of jewelry that will be an investment, or go on the trip of a lifetime. Just don't waste your money on implants, because you WILL pay for it in the long run, in future surgeries, doctor bills, MRI's and all the other things you will have to do for upkeep...wasted money! I can guarantee that the implant surgery won't be the last one you will have if you get them. It will only be the beginning! It's got a terrible payback record.Patty>> In fact, I've been to two consoltations and was just about to get the > Silicone and changed me mind because of a report I read on > mentorcorp.com. I'm not researching Saline and I came across this site.> > Has everyone on here had bad experiences? > > I'd appreciate any advise of feedback from anyone who has gone through > the procedure.> > Thanks.> Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Mobile. Try it now. Be a

better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Mobile. Try it now. Never miss a thing. Make your homepage. Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Mobile. Try it now. Never miss a thing. Make your homepage.

Guest guest

Hi ,

Welcome! I wish I was as smart as you and dug deeper in my research

before I got implants. I had Saline implants for two years and they

made me sooo sick. I am discovering that I have candida/yeast issues

before the implants were put in and then implants sky rocketed my

problem. I am now 6 weeks post explant and I am still ill. I am on a

special diet and detoxing all these toxins out of my body and it's

going to take a long time to do that. Please don't go thru this like

we all have had to. We are here to educate woman who are wanting this

procedure and also to help the ones who are now sick from them. My

main issues have been digestive. I was really sick for over 9 months

before I figured out it was my implants all along.

I have some friends myself who have implants and have no symptoms or

problems however I did. When you get them inserted you just have no

idea what it will do to you or how your body will react to it. It's not

a chance worth taking! I will be detoxing for a long time before I

feel better.......don't put yourself thru this! Enjoy your life and

don't ruin your body!

Thanks so much for checking us out! I hope we can save you from much

grieve.

Hugs,

Cherie

--- In , " ssunshower " <ssunshower@...>

wrote:

>

> In fact, I've been to two consoltations and was just about to get the

> Silicone and changed me mind because of a report I read on

> mentorcorp.com. I'm not researching Saline and I came across this

site.

>

> Has everyone on here had bad experiences?

>

> I'd appreciate any advise of feedback from anyone who has gone

through

> the procedure.

>

> Thanks.

>

Guest guest

But it's not as simple as just getting them removed, because by that time the body is all messed up. Patty mentioned 4 years for her to heal. I think I hear an average of 2 years. Maybe it depends on how messed up people are by the time they get them removed. A good explant is about double the cost of implant. There is a lot of energy expended after explant to become healthy again (which is what this board is all about). It's hard. It affects people's lives. They say they "lose years" to this (and jobs, and husbands). Maybe you & I would be just fine. But is it worth it to try and find out? Re: Re: I'm new here and considering Breast Augmentation Oh my goodness; that's a horrible story but I'm glad your okay today. did you have a good surgeon?glory2glory1401 <glory2glory1401> wrote: Getting any kind of breast implant will be the biggest mistake of your life. Most women who are not presently sick from them will tell you otherwise, saying things like it was the best thing they ever did for themselves, built their self-esteem, blah, blah, blah. I said those same things until I got very, very ill. I lost all motivation for life when I got sick....was like an 80 year old woman in

a 37 year old body. Getting

through daily life was a grind, a struggle, a nightmare.. It wasn't until I got the implants out and started a healthy lifestyle of detoxing that turned my life around.....but it took 4 years for me to get better. I lost so much precious time in life with my children, my family, my friends..... all because I was so sick I couldn't have fun anymore. It was the darkest, ugliest 4 years of my life. I would never wish this on anyone.Don't make this mistake. Saline implants are not safe either, contrary to what the medical professionals tell you. They can screw up your immune system just as bad as silicone implants can, because it is not always the contents of the implant we react to....we can react to the shell itself, and every breast implant is made with a silicone shell.Saline implants have the added risk of getting contaminated with fungus and then you've got another can of worms to deal

with...Dr. Pierre

Blais has even said that saline implants are WORSE than silicone for that reason.Take our advice, (and yes, almost every single woman on this group has suffered badly from this mistake of getting implants). Go spend your money on yourself in other ways....save for your future, buy a sparkley piece of jewelry that will be an investment, or go on the trip of a lifetime. Just don't waste your money on implants, because you WILL pay for it in the long run, in future surgeries, doctor bills, MRI's and all the other things you will have to do for upkeep...wasted money! I can guarantee that the implant surgery won't be the last one you will have if you get them. It will only be the beginning! It's got a terrible payback record.Patty>> In fact, I've been to two consoltations and was just about to get the > Silicone and changed me mind because of a report I read on > mentorcorp.com. I'm not researching Saline and I came across this site.> > Has everyone on here had bad experiences? > > I'd appreciate any advise of feedback from anyone who has gone through > the procedure.> > Thanks.> Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Mobile. Try it now. Be a

better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Mobile. Try it now. Never miss a thing. Make your homepage. Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Mobile. Try it now. Never miss a thing. Make your homepage.

Guest guest

I read your story. You had a defective valve and that is what caused the problems? Should the surgeon have noticed this?perfecthealth68 <perfecthealth68@...> wrote: Hi ,I forgot to mention your comment regarding knee/hip implants, pace makers, etc. My uncle had knee replacements years ago and was given a heavy dose of immunosuppressants....drugs that suppress the body's natural immune responses. Many patients are given this because doctors know that the body doesn't want any kind of foreign object in it. Weeks,

months or years later then mysterious symptoms occur as the body's systems are burnt out from fighting the foreign object round the clock. Before and after explant I had extremely high cortisol levels indicating my body was "in flight or fight" trying to escape the ravages of implants. - PH> > >> > > In fact, I've been to two consoltations and was just about to get > the > > > Silicone and changed me mind because of a report I read on > > > mentorcorp.com. I'm not researching Saline and I came across this > > site.> > > > > > Has everyone on here had bad experiences? > > > > > > I'd appreciate any advise of feedback from anyone who has gone > > through > > > the procedure.> > > > > > Thanks.> > >> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > >

---------------------------------> > Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with > Mobile. Try it now. > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > ---------------------------------> > Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with > Mobile. Try it now. > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > ---------------------------------> > Never miss a thing. Make your homepage.> >>

Guest guest

You sound like you are not believing that

implants can cause problems. Please read the

archives. I have spoken with well over 10,000

women with both silicone and saline filled

silicone implants, and believe me, women can and

do become extremely ill with implants. Blurred

vision is only one symptom, there are many

auto-immune and neurological problems. Women

have died from saline implants. Please read the

archives and the stories women are sending

you. Getting implants could be the very worst

mistake of your life, as it has been for so many other women.

Lynda

At 01:39 PM 12/27/2007, you wrote:

>So, what is exactly happening? Women are getting

>symptoms like blurred vision etc., and the going

>to the doctor to have their implants removed and

>the symptoms go away? That's making a long story short.

>

>Ballerina Breastaug <ballerinabreastaug@...> wrote:

>My surgeon said the same thing as yours, and I

>might believe him that he believes that. In

>fact, all of his patients might even believe

>that. How many women have implants, have

>symptoms from implants, yet don't relate the

>two? How would we ever know? If I were a woman

>with implants, and my vision became blurry, I'd

>go to an eye doctor (not my implant surgeon). If

>then my hair started falling out, I'd go to (? I

>don't know what kind of doctor?) but not my

>implant surgeon. If I were too tired to get off

>the couch, but this symptom didn't start until

>years after implant, why would it cross my mind to call my implant surgeon?

>

>I had a nose job when I was 16, and I've had

>lots of weird things happen to me since.

>(rashes, ear pain, fatigue, muscular and joint

>pain, etc. etc.) I've NEVER considered calling

>my nose surgeon to tell him about it or ask if

>it were related to the nose job. But who's to

>say it isn't that surgery that triggered all of this?

>

>So I'll bet a lot of surgeons are able to

>operate in a bubble, wherein they believe they

>are harming no-one, even if they are.

>

> Re: Re: I'm new here

>and considering Breast Augmentation

>

>Oh my goodness; that's a horrible story but I'm glad your okay today.

>

>did you have a good surgeon?

>

>glory2glory1401 <glory2glory1401@ <http:///>> wrote:

>Getting any kind of breast implant will be the biggest mistake of your

>life. Most women who are not presently sick from them will tell you

>otherwise, saying things like it was the best thing they ever did for

>themselves, built their self-esteem, blah, blah, blah. I said those

>same things until I got very, very ill. I lost all motivation for life

>when I got sick....was like an 80 year old woman in a 37 year old

>body. Getting through daily life was a grind, a struggle, a nightmare..

>

>It wasn't until I got the implants out and started a healthy lifestyle

>of detoxing that turned my life around.....but it took 4 years for me to

>get better. I lost so much precious time in life with my children, my

>family, my friends..... all because I was so sick I couldn't have fun

>anymore. It was the darkest, ugliest 4 years of my life. I would

>never wish this on anyone.

>

>Don't make this mistake. Saline implants are not safe either, contrary

>to what the medical professionals tell you. They can screw up your

>immune system just as bad as silicone implants can, because it is not

>always the contents of the implant we react to....we can react to the

>shell itself, and every breast implant is made with a silicone shell.

>

>Saline implants have the added risk of getting contaminated with fungus

>and then you've got another can of worms to deal with...Dr. Pierre

>Blais has even said that saline implants are WORSE than silicone for

>that reason.

>

>Take our advice, (and yes, almost every single woman on this group has

>suffered badly from this mistake of getting implants). Go spend your

>money on yourself in other ways...save for your future, buy a sparkley

>piece of jewelry that will be an investment, or go on the trip of a

>lifetime. Just don't waste your money on implants, because you WILL

>pay for it in the long run, in future surgeries, doctor bills, MRI's

>and all the other things you will have to do for upkeep...wasted

>money! I can guarantee that the implant surgery won't be the last one

>you will have if you get them. It will only be the beginning! It's

>got a terrible payback record.

>Patty

>

>--- In

><mailto: %40> @

>groups. com, " ssunshower " <ssunshower@ ...>

>wrote:

> >

> > In fact, I've been to two consoltations and was just about to get the

> > <http://mentorcorp.com/>mentorcorp.com. I'm

> not researching Saline and I came across this

>site.

> >

> >

>through

> > the procedure.

> >

> > Thanks.

> >

>

>

>

>

>

>

>with Mobile.

Dypao8Wcj9tAcJ%20>Try

>it now.

>

>

>

>----------

>with Mobile.

Dypao8Wcj9tAcJ>Try

>it now.

>

>

>

>

>

>

>Never miss a thing.

> your homepage.

>

>

>

>with Mobile.

Dypao8Wcj9tAcJ>Try

>it now.

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>Never miss a thing.

> your homepage.

>

Guest guest

Lynda, I need to have all the facts before I belive anything; and that's why I came to this site. I have gone on mentor's site; fda; mayo clinic and Inamed/Allergen's site, but felt I need to here from those who went through it. After all, do these male surgesons have any idea what it's like to even have breasts!!! I want to have an informed decisions. I'm in the process of reading these stories now and honelsty I have a sick feeling in my stomache. It's so sad; one lady says she's completley disabled!! Lynda Roth <coss@...> wrote: ,You sound like you are not believing that implants can cause problems. Please read the archives. I have spoken with well over 10,000 women with both silicone and saline filled silicone implants, and believe me, women can and do become extremely ill with implants. Blurred vision is only one symptom, there are many auto-immune and neurological problems. Women have died from saline implants. Please read the archives and the stories women are sending you. Getting implants could be the very worst mistake of your life, as it has been for so many other women.LyndaAt 01:39 PM 12/27/2007, you wrote:>So, what is exactly happening? Women are getting >symptoms like blurred vision etc., and the going >to the doctor to have their implants removed and >the symptoms go away? That's making a

long story short.>>Ballerina Breastaug <ballerinabreastaug > wrote:>My surgeon said the same thing as yours, and I >might believe him that he believes that. In >fact, all of his patients might even believe >that. How many women have implants, have >symptoms from implants, yet don't relate the >two? How would we ever know? If I were a woman >with implants, and my vision became blurry, I'd >go to an eye doctor (not my implant surgeon). If >then my hair started falling out, I'd go to (? I >don't know what kind of doctor?) but not my >implant surgeon. If I were too tired to get off >the couch, but this symptom didn't start until >years after implant, why would it cross my mind to call my implant surgeon?>>I had a nose job when I was 16, and I've had >lots of weird things happen to

me since. >(rashes, ear pain, fatigue, muscular and joint >pain, etc. etc.) I've NEVER considered calling >my nose surgeon to tell him about it or ask if >it were related to the nose job. But who's to >say it isn't that surgery that triggered all of this?>>So I'll bet a lot of surgeons are able to >operate in a bubble, wherein they believe they >are harming no-one, even if they are.>> Re: Re: I'm new here >and considering Breast Augmentation>>Oh my goodness; that's a

horrible story but I'm glad your okay today.>>did you have a good surgeon?>>glory2glory1401 <glory2glory1401@ <http:///>> wrote:>Getting any kind of breast implant will be the biggest mistake of your>life. Most women who are not presently sick from them will tell you>otherwise, saying things like it was the best thing they ever did for>themselves, built their self-esteem, blah, blah, blah. I said those>same things until I got very, very ill. I lost all motivation for life>when I got sick....was like an 80 year old woman in a 37 year old>body. Getting through daily life was a grind, a struggle, a nightmare..>>It wasn't until I got the implants out and started a healthy lifestyle>of detoxing that turned my life around.....but it took 4 years for me to>get better. I lost so much precious time in life with

my children, my>family, my friends..... all because I was so sick I couldn't have fun>anymore. It was the darkest, ugliest 4 years of my life. I would>never wish this on anyone.>>Don't make this mistake. Saline implants are not safe either, contrary>to what the medical professionals tell you. They can screw up your>immune system just as bad as silicone implants can, because it is not>always the contents of the implant we react to....we can react to the>shell itself, and every breast implant is made with a silicone shell.>>Saline implants have the added risk of getting contaminated with fungus>and then you've got another can of worms to deal with...Dr. Pierre>Blais has even said that saline implants are WORSE than silicone for>that reason.>>Take our advice, (and yes, almost every single woman on this group has>suffered badly from this mistake of getting

implants). Go spend your>money on yourself in other ways...save for your future, buy a sparkley>piece of jewelry that will be an investment, or go on the trip of a>lifetime. Just don't waste your money on implants, because you WILL>pay for it in the long run, in future surgeries, doctor bills, MRI's>and all the other things you will have to do for upkeep...wasted>money! I can guarantee that the implant surgery won't be the last one>you will have if you get them. It will only be the beginning! It's>got a terrible payback record.>Patty>>--- In ><mailto: %40> @ >groups. com, "ssunshower" <ssunshower@ ...>>wrote:> >> > In fact, I've been to two consoltations and was just about to get the> > Silicone and changed me mind because of a report I read on> > <http://mentorcorp.com/>mentorcorp.com. I'm > not researching Saline and I came across this>site.> >> > Has everyone on here had bad experiences?> >> > I'd appreciate any advise of feedback from anyone who has gone>through> > the procedure.> >> > Thanks.> >>>>>> >>Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all >with Mobile. ><http://us.rd./evt=51733/*http://mobile./;_ylt=Ahu06i62sR8HDtDypao8Wcj9tAcJ%20>Try >it now.>>>>---------->Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all >with Mobile. ><http://us.rd./evt=51733/*http://mobile./;_ylt=Ahu06i62sR8HDtDypao8Wcj9tAcJ>Try >it now.>>>>> >>Never miss a thing. ><http://us.rd./evt=51438/*http://www./r/hs>Make > your homepage.>>>>Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all >with Mobile. ><http://us.rd./evt=51733/*http://mobile./;_ylt=Ahu06i62sR8HDtDypao8Wcj9tAcJ>Try >it now.>>>>>

>>>Never miss a thing. ><http://us.rd./evt=51438/*http://www./r/hs>Make > your homepage.>

Guest guest

I'm glad I found this site. Everyone else is saying how much they love thier implants. It's funny, even the FDA is saying there is no connection to breast implants and immune disease. Ballerina Breastaug <ballerinabreastaug@...> wrote: But it's not as simple as just getting them removed, because by that time the body is all messed

up. Patty mentioned 4 years for her to heal. I think I hear an average of 2 years. Maybe it depends on how messed up people are by the time they get them removed. A good explant is about double the cost of implant. There is a lot of energy expended after explant to become healthy again (which is what this board is all about). It's hard. It affects people's lives. They say they "lose years" to this (and jobs, and husbands). Maybe you & I would be just fine. But is it worth it to try and find out? Re: Re: I'm new here and considering Breast Augmentation Oh my goodness; that's a horrible story but I'm glad your okay today. did you have a good surgeon?glory2glory1401 <glory2glory1401> wrote: Getting any kind of breast implant will be the biggest mistake of your life. Most women who are not presently sick from them will

tell you otherwise, saying things like it was the best thing they ever did for themselves, built their self-esteem, blah, blah, blah. I said those same things until I got very, very ill. I lost all motivation for life when I got sick....was like an 80 year old woman in a 37 year old body. Getting through daily life was a grind, a struggle, a nightmare.. It wasn't until I got the implants out and started a healthy lifestyle of detoxing that turned my life around.....but it took 4 years for me to get better. I lost so much precious time in life with my children, my family, my friends..... all because I was so sick I couldn't have fun anymore. It was the darkest, ugliest 4 years of my life. I would never wish this on anyone.Don't make this mistake. Saline implants are not safe either, contrary to what the medical professionals tell you. They can screw up your immune system just as bad as silicone implants can,

because it is not always the contents of the implant we react to....we can react to the shell itself, and every breast implant is made with a silicone shell.Saline implants have the added risk of getting contaminated with fungus and then you've got another can of worms to deal with...Dr. Pierre Blais has even said that saline implants are WORSE than silicone for that reason.Take our advice, (and yes, almost every single woman on this group has suffered badly from this mistake of getting implants). Go spend your money on yourself in other ways....save for your future, buy a sparkley piece of jewelry that will be an investment, or go on the trip of a lifetime. Just don't waste your money on implants, because you WILL pay for it in the long run, in future surgeries, doctor bills, MRI's and all the other things you will have to do for upkeep...wasted money! I can guarantee that the implant surgery won't be the

last one you will have if you get them. It will only be the beginning! It's got a terrible payback record.Patty>> In fact, I've been to two consoltations and was just about to get the > Silicone and changed me mind because of a report I read on > mentorcorp.com. I'm not researching Saline and I came across this site.> > Has everyone on here had bad experiences? > > I'd appreciate any advise of feedback from anyone who has gone through > the procedure.> > Thanks.>

Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Mobile. Try it now. Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Mobile. Try it now. Never miss a thing. Make your homepage. Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Mobile. Try it now. Never miss a thing. Make your homepage. Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Search. Never miss a thing. Make your homepage.