RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Re: (unknown)

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I amend my previous post, seek immediate help. Tell the doctor this

can't wait. It's an emergency. Do you have a pulmonologist?

besides a humidifier, if you don't have one, I believe you also need a

nebulizer at home with the meds for it.

jose vargas

>

> > I have allergies and was diagnosed with asthma less than one year ago.

> > Over the past couple of weeks my allergies have become less managable

> > as the weather changes and, as a result, I have been having trouble

> > with my asthma. I am waking up in the night either coughing a very

> > dry cough that only gets better when I use my Albuterol inhaler or I

> > wake up feeling like I am gasping for air. I am also having trouble

> > during the day feeling short of breath and a lot of wheezing. Today I

> > called my doctor's office and was told by the doctor to use my rescue

> > inhaler at scheduled times twice a day and to come in for an

> > appointment next Monday. Does this sound right? I am so new to all

> > of this and want to feel better so badly I will try anything.

> > Thanks everyone.

> > a

> >

> >

> >

>

> Fredd Fishman

> freddiemac@...

>

Guest guest

I also agree. I was only diagnosed a few weeks ago, and for the first week was told to use a blue inhaler 4 times a day whether I needed it or not, then when I needed it the following week, then go back. I didn't really feel like the blue inhaler was making much of a difference (though it is one of the new HFAs - I was talking to a friend who also has this one, and she's had to start taking an extra puff when she takes it), so was also prescribed a brown one. Unfortunately, the way the prescriptions were spread out (the blue then the brown inhaler, and firstly the peak flow meter wehn I first went to the doctors) cost me quite a bit in NHS prescription charges. And now, a few weeks on, the NHS in Scotland (where I am at uni), is reducing the price of the charges... Typical! Jenn Hill wrote: Hi a,You need maintenance meds-I agree with the previous posters. Needing touse your rescue inhaler frequently and waking up at night with asthmaare indications of poor asthma control. Your doctor will probably startyou on a steroid inhaler to reduce the inflammation in your lungs, ormaybe even a short course of oral steroids to quickly get control ofyour symptoms. Then you should start feeling better and not be needingyou rescue inhaler all the time.Allergies and weather changes are triggers for many of us, so you haveour sympathy. Try to do everything you can to reduce your allergyexposure (hard if it's something outside!). If you get worse, call thedoctor's office and tell them you must be seen immediately. Waiting toolong for treatment can cause you to wind up in the emergency room in acrisis.Hope you are able to feel better

soon,>> I have allergies and was diagnosed with asthma less than one year ago.> Over the past couple of weeks my allergies have become less managable> as the weather changes and, as a result, I have been having trouble> with my asthma. I am waking up in the night either coughing a very> dry cough that only gets better when I use my Albuterol inhaler or I> wake up feeling like I am gasping for air. I am also having trouble> during the day feeling short of breath and a lot of wheezing. Today I> called my doctor's office and was told by the doctor to use my rescue> inhaler at scheduled times twice a day and to come in for an> appointment next Monday. Does this sound right? I am so new to all> of this and want to feel better so badly I will try anything.> Thanks everyone.>

a>------------------------------------

Guest guest

Thanks everyone for the helpful information. I was told by a nurse

with my insurance company yesterday that humidity / humidifiers are

bad for asthma. I have used a humidifier with some eucalyptus oil

and it does seem to help.

I feel better today after using my albuterol inhaler and I'm going

to my appointment Monday and am planning on asking my doctor about

seeing a pulmonologist.

> >

> > I have allergies and was diagnosed with asthma less than one

year ago.

> > Over the past couple of weeks my allergies have become less

managable

> > as the weather changes and, as a result, I have been having

trouble

> > with my asthma. I am waking up in the night either coughing a

very

> > dry cough that only gets better when I use my Albuterol inhaler

or I

> > wake up feeling like I am gasping for air. I am also having

trouble

> > during the day feeling short of breath and a lot of wheezing.

Today I

> > called my doctor's office and was told by the doctor to use my

rescue

> > appointment next Monday. Does this sound right? I am so new to

all

> > Thanks everyone.

> > a

> >

>

>

>

>

> ------------------------------------

>

>

Guest guest

Thanks everyone for the helpful information. I was told by a nurse

with my insurance company yesterday that humidity / humidifiers are

bad for asthma. I have used a humidifier with some eucalyptus oil

and it does seem to help.

I feel better today after using my albuterol inhaler and I'm going

to my appointment Monday and am planning on asking my doctor about

seeing a pulmonologist.

> >

> > I have allergies and was diagnosed with asthma less than one

year ago.

> > Over the past couple of weeks my allergies have become less

managable

> > as the weather changes and, as a result, I have been having

trouble

> > with my asthma. I am waking up in the night either coughing a

very

> > dry cough that only gets better when I use my Albuterol inhaler

or I

> > wake up feeling like I am gasping for air. I am also having

trouble

> > during the day feeling short of breath and a lot of wheezing.

Today I

> > called my doctor's office and was told by the doctor to use my

rescue

> > appointment next Monday. Does this sound right? I am so new to

all

> > Thanks everyone.

> > a

> >

>

>

>

>

> ------------------------------------

>

>

Guest guest

What are your pulmonologists for? We don't have anything like that here - we get adequate treatment just from seeing the doctor, and also the asthma nurse. The nurses are often the better ones to speak to with concerns etc, as they hvae more time to chat to you, and although they can't actually issure repeat prescriptions, they can get the doctor to prescribe a different inhaler if they don;t think you have the one that is right for you - my flatmate hated the one that the doctor had prescribed, so when she ahd to see the nurse, teh nurse got it changed for her. Jenn Hillalexanderkristina wrote: Thanks everyone for the helpful information. I was told by a nurse with my insurance company yesterday that humidity / humidifiers are bad for asthma. I have used a humidifier

with some eucalyptus oil and it does seem to help. I feel better today after using my albuterol inhaler and I'm going to my appointment Monday and am planning on asking my doctor about seeing a pulmonologist.> >> > I have allergies and was diagnosed with asthma less than one year ago.> > Over the past couple of weeks my allergies have become less managable> > as the weather changes and, as a result, I have been having trouble> > with my asthma. I am waking up in the night either coughing a very> > dry cough that only gets better when I use my Albuterol inhaler or I> > wake up feeling like I am gasping for air. I am also having trouble> >

during the day feeling short of breath and a lot of wheezing. Today I> > called my doctor's office and was told by the doctor to use my rescue> > inhaler at scheduled times twice a day and to come in for an> > appointment next Monday. Does this sound right? I am so new to all> > of this and want to feel better so badly I will try anything.> > Thanks everyone.> > a> >> > > > > ------------------------------------> >

Guest guest

As far as advice on helping with allergies. I took down my curtains and am going to put up blinds...At least wash your curtains frequently if you can. I wash my sheets and blanket in hot, bleachy water once a week. If you have a comforter that you can't wash regularly, get a duvet - and wash it instead. I got mattress and pillow covers - they are supposed to help with dust mites. If I could rip out the carpet and put down hard flooring and throw rugs I would. I just have to clean the rugs regularly. Where a face mask when you dust. I am looking into a air purifier, but haven't actually gotten one yet ...so I can't say how it helps. Also, if I am having trouble breathing, sometimes elevating my head with pillows helps. If it is something outside that makes you allergic, make sure to keep your windows closed. Make sure your heating and cooling system filters are cleaned.

Also...some people have mentioned a humidifier...I have also heard that if you live in a really damp area a dehumidifier can prevent mold which can help people who are allergic. I have no experience with either humidifiers or dehumidifiers so I can't vouch for either. Someone mentioned sleep apnea. I just got back from my second sleep study. My Mom has sleep apnea and has been on a cpap for a couple of years. Sleep apnea on its own is a life threatening condition. I have allergies, asthma and sleep apnea...It is a rotten combination. If you do have sleep apnea you want it treated as soon as possible. When you find a good doctor ask her about it. If she has no experience have her refer you to someone who does so that you can find out one way or another. A Hill wrote: I also agree. I was only diagnosed a few weeks ago, and for the first week was told to use a blue inhaler 4 times a day whether I needed it or not, then when I needed it the following week, then go back. I didn't really feel like the blue inhaler was making much of a difference (though it is one of the new HFAs - I was talking to a friend who also has this one, and she's had to start taking an extra puff when she takes it), so was also prescribed a brown one. Unfortunately, the way the prescriptions were spread out (the blue then the brown inhaler, and firstly the peak

flow meter wehn I first went to the doctors) cost me quite a bit in NHS prescription charges. And now, a few weeks on, the NHS in Scotland (where I am at uni), is reducing the price of the charges... Typical! Jenn Hill <mshutts@....com> wrote: Hi a,You need maintenance meds-I agree with the previous posters. Needing touse your rescue inhaler frequently and waking up at night with asthmaare indications of poor asthma control. Your doctor will probably startyou on a steroid inhaler to reduce the inflammation in your lungs, ormaybe even a short course of oral steroids to quickly get control ofyour symptoms. Then you should start feeling better and not be needingyou rescue inhaler all the time.Allergies and weather changes are triggers for many of us, so you haveour sympathy. Try

to do everything you can to reduce your allergyexposure (hard if it's something outside!). If you get worse, call thedoctor's office and tell them you must be seen immediately. Waiting toolong for treatment can cause you to wind up in the emergency room in acrisis.Hope you are able to feel better soon,>> I have allergies and was diagnosed with asthma less than one year ago.> Over the past couple of weeks my allergies have become less managable> as the weather changes and, as a result, I have been having trouble> with my asthma. I am waking up in the night either coughing a very> dry cough that only gets better when I use my Albuterol inhaler or I> wake up feeling like I am gasping for air. I am also having trouble> during the day feeling short of breath and a lot of wheezing. Today I>

called my doctor's office and was told by the doctor to use my rescue> inhaler at scheduled times twice a day and to come in for an> appointment next Monday. Does this sound right? I am so new to all> of this and want to feel better so badly I will try anything.> Thanks everyone.> a>------------------------------------

Guest guest

As far as advice on helping with allergies. I took down my curtains and am going to put up blinds...At least wash your curtains frequently if you can. I wash my sheets and blanket in hot, bleachy water once a week. If you have a comforter that you can't wash regularly, get a duvet - and wash it instead. I got mattress and pillow covers - they are supposed to help with dust mites. If I could rip out the carpet and put down hard flooring and throw rugs I would. I just have to clean the rugs regularly. Where a face mask when you dust. I am looking into a air purifier, but haven't actually gotten one yet ...so I can't say how it helps. Also, if I am having trouble breathing, sometimes elevating my head with pillows helps. If it is something outside that makes you allergic, make sure to keep your windows closed. Make sure your heating and cooling system filters are cleaned.

Also...some people have mentioned a humidifier...I have also heard that if you live in a really damp area a dehumidifier can prevent mold which can help people who are allergic. I have no experience with either humidifiers or dehumidifiers so I can't vouch for either. Someone mentioned sleep apnea. I just got back from my second sleep study. My Mom has sleep apnea and has been on a cpap for a couple of years. Sleep apnea on its own is a life threatening condition. I have allergies, asthma and sleep apnea...It is a rotten combination. If you do have sleep apnea you want it treated as soon as possible. When you find a good doctor ask her about it. If she has no experience have her refer you to someone who does so that you can find out one way or another. A Hill wrote: I also agree. I was only diagnosed a few weeks ago, and for the first week was told to use a blue inhaler 4 times a day whether I needed it or not, then when I needed it the following week, then go back. I didn't really feel like the blue inhaler was making much of a difference (though it is one of the new HFAs - I was talking to a friend who also has this one, and she's had to start taking an extra puff when she takes it), so was also prescribed a brown one. Unfortunately, the way the prescriptions were spread out (the blue then the brown inhaler, and firstly the peak

flow meter wehn I first went to the doctors) cost me quite a bit in NHS prescription charges. And now, a few weeks on, the NHS in Scotland (where I am at uni), is reducing the price of the charges... Typical! Jenn Hill <mshutts@....com> wrote: Hi a,You need maintenance meds-I agree with the previous posters. Needing touse your rescue inhaler frequently and waking up at night with asthmaare indications of poor asthma control. Your doctor will probably startyou on a steroid inhaler to reduce the inflammation in your lungs, ormaybe even a short course of oral steroids to quickly get control ofyour symptoms. Then you should start feeling better and not be needingyou rescue inhaler all the time.Allergies and weather changes are triggers for many of us, so you haveour sympathy. Try

to do everything you can to reduce your allergyexposure (hard if it's something outside!). If you get worse, call thedoctor's office and tell them you must be seen immediately. Waiting toolong for treatment can cause you to wind up in the emergency room in acrisis.Hope you are able to feel better soon,>> I have allergies and was diagnosed with asthma less than one year ago.> Over the past couple of weeks my allergies have become less managable> as the weather changes and, as a result, I have been having trouble> with my asthma. I am waking up in the night either coughing a very> dry cough that only gets better when I use my Albuterol inhaler or I> wake up feeling like I am gasping for air. I am also having trouble> during the day feeling short of breath and a lot of wheezing. Today I>

called my doctor's office and was told by the doctor to use my rescue> inhaler at scheduled times twice a day and to come in for an> appointment next Monday. Does this sound right? I am so new to all> of this and want to feel better so badly I will try anything.> Thanks everyone.> a>------------------------------------

Guest guest

Nurses are great. But you still need a good doctor. I was seeing

the same doctor for five years becaue my Mom has multiple health

concerns and I thought it would help him treat me. I went with her

to all of the appointments. He knew we were related and how. Guess

what? It didn't. After my mom was diagnosed with sleep apnea by an

er doctor. He never once considered that I might have the same

thing - just gave me antidepressants. I changed doctors and the

first time she saw me...without even knowing my family history she

set me up for a sleep test. If we hadn't been seen by different

doctors - the two of us might have ever been diagnosed - and his

nurse couldn't have done a thing.

> > >

> > > I have allergies and was diagnosed with asthma less than one

> year ago.

> > > Over the past couple of weeks my allergies have become less

> managable

> > > as the weather changes and, as a result, I have been having

> trouble

> > > with my asthma. I am waking up in the night either coughing a

> very

> > > dry cough that only gets better when I use my Albuterol inhaler

> or I

> > > wake up feeling like I am gasping for air. I am also having

> trouble

> > > during the day feeling short of breath and a lot of wheezing.

> Today I

> > > called my doctor's office and was told by the doctor to use my

> rescue

> > > inhaler at scheduled times twice a day and to come in for an

> > > appointment next Monday. Does this sound right? I am so new to

> all

> > > of this and want to feel better so badly I will try anything.

> > > Thanks everyone.

> > > a

> > >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> > ------------------------------------

> >

> >

Guest guest

for a,

Your dr shouldn't be making you wait until monday if you are having these

problems. Call him back and see if he can get you in sooner. If he isnt

willing to see you change drs. if your symptoms get worse go to the er. Did I

understand right that your dr told you to use the rescue inhaler just twice a

day? I know with me when I am really bad my dr. has me use my inhaler every 4

hrs for the first 24 hrs and than after that as needed(with me it is usually

every 4 hrs and than tapering off) my daughters dr has her do the same thing. (

I am talking just about the rescue inhaler not a prevenative one) but dont go by

me you need to get this advice from a dr. because everyone is different and if

you have any other health issues it could be dangerous. You also might need

predisone for a few days. Please don't wait call or see someone today if you

are still wheezing or short of breath. it could be nothing but a dr should

determine that. let us know how you are doing. ill keep you in my thoughts.

jean

-

--- Fredd Fishman wrote:

> No, Change doctors!

> You should seek immediate help. You need to be aseced as to the

> severity of your current attack.

> If you feel worse go to the ER for a Nebulizer treatment.

>

>

>

> > Thanks everyone.

> > a

> >

> >

> >

>

> Fredd Fishman

> freddiemac@...

>

>

>

Guest guest

for a,

Your dr shouldn't be making you wait until monday if you are having these

problems. Call him back and see if he can get you in sooner. If he isnt

willing to see you change drs. if your symptoms get worse go to the er. Did I

understand right that your dr told you to use the rescue inhaler just twice a

day? I know with me when I am really bad my dr. has me use my inhaler every 4

hrs for the first 24 hrs and than after that as needed(with me it is usually

every 4 hrs and than tapering off) my daughters dr has her do the same thing. (

I am talking just about the rescue inhaler not a prevenative one) but dont go by

me you need to get this advice from a dr. because everyone is different and if

you have any other health issues it could be dangerous. You also might need

predisone for a few days. Please don't wait call or see someone today if you

are still wheezing or short of breath. it could be nothing but a dr should

determine that. let us know how you are doing. ill keep you in my thoughts.

jean

-

--- Fredd Fishman wrote:

> No, Change doctors!

> You should seek immediate help. You need to be aseced as to the

> severity of your current attack.

> If you feel worse go to the ER for a Nebulizer treatment.

>

>

>

> > Thanks everyone.

> > a

> >

> >

> >

>

> Fredd Fishman

> freddiemac@...

>

>

>

Guest guest

I dont have a problem with Basic skills-far from it.

I am training at present towards the MRCGP in the UK-and even in this so called

sophisticated western world trainees get signed off formally for doing

venflons/Blood Sugars/ECG (doing one a la munjewar)/-etc and this requirement

varies depending on speciality-you may have done hundreds but you still get

observed and signed off.What I object to is making it an obsessional thing as

reflecting the be all of pt care-and my point is reflected by all the comments

on this group about long term making up of results-is that in patients interest?

When you dont sit down with your trainees to discuss what is beneficial for

their training and what they want from it-thats what you get!

One thing I have seen in the West is big names in International medicine being

modest and approachable-willing to be questioned and willing to defend-it is not

a cardinal sin to talk to your supervisors about your training needs or discuss

things to be done differently-in fact it is a requirement.

Not all is good here nor is all bad -nor was it the same back in MGIMS -saying

that its definitely wrong not to reflect on your practice/adopt a I know best

attitude and be resistant to change.

At my age I am an older trainee (due to change in career direction) but I learn

most from the younger trainees and most from the questions the students ask-I

have been interested in medical education and teach students at the local

medical college.Sometimes I miss the deference we showed our teachers -but I

will be honest the ones I hold in highest regard were the ones that frightened

me the least.

To: mgims@...: sunil_takiar@...: Sun, 4 May 2008

20:43:28 +0530Subject: (unknown)

Dear Apropos your comments about the utility of the learning of the basic

skills of Medical practice in life. May i submit a few points for your

consideration:*Would you prefer not to learn to do dissection in the Anatomy

classes.. Pathology is as much apart of training.*I can still treat a patient of

Appendicitis as well as that of an Obstructed labor...or,for that matter of

Bronchiolitis as that of Cholera.Give me a hanging drop and the Vibrio will

tremble still beneath my eyes.* I can still challenge my ward Bai to giving a

decent enema as to the ward nurse in starting a better venflon or a good Stomach

wash tube.* I can still put a decent neonatal endo-tracheal intubation and

umbilical canulation than most medicos....The purpose of all this is to say that

the skills acquired in life do never go wasted. I have Interns who cannot write

a decent case sheet... Why is it required anyway..????????Well,it is an

Individuals view-point..Take it or leave it..... Sunil Takiar(76)Download

prohibited? No problem. CHAT from any browser, without download. Go to

http://in.messenger.yahoo.com/webmessengerpromo.php/

Win Indiana prizes with Live Search

http://clk.atdmt.com/UKM/go/msnnkmgl0010000002ukm/direct/01/

Guest guest

That was a great video Sondra! Thanks for sharing it :)

>

> http://www. youtube. com/watch?v=JShGSb7E-Q4

>

> ths is of a link to a u tube things and my missy shared it to me this

> is of maked by one of her school friends and is of a trip that her

> school had to NY last winter. I to liked much of it and while ant name

> of the school or the kids names , but the school is of for kids n the

> spectrum sondra

>

>

>

Guest guest

That was a great video Sondra! Thanks for sharing it :)

>

> http://www. youtube. com/watch?v=JShGSb7E-Q4

>

> ths is of a link to a u tube things and my missy shared it to me this

> is of maked by one of her school friends and is of a trip that her

> school had to NY last winter. I to liked much of it and while ant name

> of the school or the kids names , but the school is of for kids n the

> spectrum sondra

>

>

>

Guest guest

Frances, my doc also asked me to bring her the left over meds for the same reason. Shots also and the procrit.

Steph

Subject: (unknown)To: Hepatitis_C_Central Date: Sunday, May 10, 2009, 9:05 AM

My doctor asked me to return left over Ribavirin to him. He gives it to patients that don't have insurance or financial means. Pharmacists also told me to flush them and I agree, that stuff doesn't belong in the water system.

Frances

Guest guest

Dear and .

So sorry this happened to , let her know that we are keeping her in our prayers. When confusion hits us, that is a signal that something is really wrong. And they need to do blood test as her

doctor did to check on her levels. I am not sure that this has happen to any of the other members. I am sure that they will let us

know if this has happen. Keep a good watch on our girl and let us

know how she is doing.

Love

Janet

"There are souls in this world that have the gift of finding joy everywhere and of leaving it behind them when they go"

Frederick Faber

Subject: (unknown)To: Hepatitis_C_Central Date: Sunday, May 24, 2009, 1:16 AM

Hi!

This is 's boyfriend! She had a little setback this week and wanted me to pass along this information! She wasn't feeling well last week going into the start of this week. Monday evening she was very distant and seemed confused or at least disinterested! Tuesday things were little tougher, trying to get words or thoughts out and by Tuesday night was acting very strange. She couldn't remember when or where he doctors appointment was Wednesday morning, but I did take her to her blood doctor, and after he interviewed her, his concern was so great, he had her go directly to get a MRI brain scan, fearing she might of had a stroke. She did not...She got additional blood tests and went home. Wednesday evening things were unchanged and getting worse. Thursday morning she was to see her blood doctor and it took her almost fours hours of hand holding just to get her out the door. After a few calls to her doctor, we agreed that I would take her

directly to the ER...She was admitted with severe confusion, disorientation. .The ran a zillion tests, found her ammonia level was high and her potassium levels were low. After a couple blood transfusions and some heavy potassium dips, she pulled out of it and is doing 1000% better. She has spent Thursday-Saturday in the hospital and is hopeful in getting out Sunday!

Her question is has anyone else experienced this type of reaction or condition! Thanks for your inputut, she will be back on the boards as soon as she gets home and is hoping for some clarity from the group!

Thanks for being so supportive to her, she loves all of you and you have all made her journey so much easier to take!

Guest guest

Hi ,  Just wanted to say that is always so kind and encouraging to me (and all of us on this list).  So sorry she is going thru this and she is lucky to have you by her side.  Glad she is improving and hope she made it home from the hospital.  Please give her my best.LeighHi! This is 's boyfriend! She had a little setback this week and wanted me to pass along this information! She wasn't feeling well last week going into the start of this week. Monday evening she was very distant and seemed confused or at least disinterested! Tuesday things were little tougher, trying to get words or thoughts out and by Tuesday night was acting very strange. She couldn't remember when or where he doctors appointment was Wednesday morning, but I did take her to her blood doctor, and after he interviewed her, his concern was so great, he had her go directly to get a MRI brain scan, fearing she might of had a stroke. She did not...She got additional blood tests and went home. Wednesday evening things were unchanged and getting worse. Thursday morning she was to see her blood doctor and it took her almost fours hours of hand holding just to get her out the door. After a few calls to her doctor, we agreed that I would take her directly to the ER...She was admitted with severe confusion, disorientation..The ran a zillion tests, found her ammonia level was high and her potassium levels were low. After a couple blood transfusions and some heavy potassium dips, she pulled out of it and is doing 1000% better. She has spent Thursday-Saturday in the hospital and is hopeful in getting out Sunday! Her question is has anyone else experienced this type of reaction or condition! Thanks for your inputut, she will be back on the boards as soon as she gets home and is hoping for some clarity from the group! Thanks for being so supportive to her, she loves all of you and you have all made her journey so much easier to take! 

Guest guest

I work also. I own a staffing company and its very stressful. I am on shot 33 of 48. I have 15 to go. Hang in there I know I am...............to much work without a brass ring.

Subject: (unknown)To: Hepatitis_C_Central Date: Tuesday, June 2, 2009, 4:52 AM

Hi ,

I am starting week 40 ( of 48, I am type 1A) of my treatment tonight. I am still working 40 hours a week. I do have a job were I sit a lot. My job is not physical but can be stressful. I am in Customer Service. When I started treatment I told my boss I was going through low doses of chemo and I would have up days and down days. For the most part I do my best making it to work everyday. I am a single mother with two teen sons. It is hard to say how any one will handle treatment as we are all different. I have learned so much from this group and they are very supportive.

Tracey

Guest guest

the lack of protein can contribute to the nausea,, so if you eat small amounts of protein with the riba pills that have some fat in it, it should help! something as simple as a few crackers with peanut butter will help!

hugs,

jax

Subject: (unknown)To: Hepatitis_C_Central Date: Friday, October 2, 2009, 8:50 AM

So does taking a protein help when you take your pills for the nausea? Just curious, My dh starts on Oct 5th peg/riba. So we aren't sure what sides he's going to have. Another question :)-Those of you who are retreating your hep...were your sides the same with round 2? I appreciate this group so much for your experience, strength and hope. I'm just full of questions!!! LOL (((((((((((( ((((hugs to group))))))) ))))))))) )))

Love and prayers to all who are fighting this horrible disease,

____________ _________ _________ _________ _________ __

Guest guest

Hi linda, yes that is good news for sure.. well if you have early cirrhosis, some of it might be able to regenerate itself in several years. you're doing great hon and if you are still undetectible at 6 months after treatment you stand a very very good chance of never having it come back. Make sure they do the heptimax test which is the one that tests down to the lowest possible numbers..

hugs, and IM HAPPY FOR YOU!

jax

To: hep c <Hepatitis_C_Central >Sent: Thu, December 17, 2009 5:27:35 PMSubject: (unknown)

Hi guys,I just got back from my liver doctor. He had given me an ultra sound and blood work a few weeks ago. I am still undetected. He also said I was a rapid responder because I was undetected after 4 weeks. He also said I have a 90% chN>ance of it not coming back because I am stiltnl udetected since week for and I am almost 3 months post treatment. Apparently there is a blood test he gave me in regards to Albumin that came back really good and told me my liver was at 80% functionality.

They also said I have a cirrosis. They said it is called "A" which is "baby cirrosis" and he feels in another 6 it will start to become smooth. Not all of it but some. Does all this sound right?

I hope so:)

Guest guest

Treatment has been known to actually heal the liver.So I believe your doctor hon.

I am so happy for you. YOu deserve this!!

Love

Janet

"There are souls in this world that have the gift of finding joy everywhere and of leaving it behind them when they go"

Frederick Faber

To: hep c <Hepatitis_C_Central >Sent: Thu, December 17, 2009 7:27:35 PMSubject: (unknown)

Hi guys,I just got back from my liver doctor. He had given me an ultra sound and blood work a few weeks ago. I am still undetected. He also said I was a rapid responder because I was undetected after 4 weeks. He also said I have a 90% chN>ance of it not coming back because I am stiltnl udetected since week for and I am almost 3 months post treatment. Apparently there is a blood test he gave me in regards to Albumin that came back really good and told me my liver was at 80% functionality.

They also said I have a cirrosis. They said it is called "A" which is "baby cirrosis" and he feels in another 6 it will start to become smooth. Not all of it but some. Does all this sound right?

Guest guest

Thanks Janet!

Subject: Re: (unknown)To: Hepatitis_C_Central Date: Friday, December 18, 2009, 4:13 AM

Treatment has been known to actually heal the liver.So I believe your doctor hon.

I am so happy for you. YOu deserve this!!

Love

Janet

Frederick Faber

From: Elder <lsl42003yahoo (DOT) com>To: hep c <Hepatitis_C_ Central@yahoogro ups.com>Sent: Thu, December 17, 2009 7:27:35 PMSubject: [Hepatitis_C_ Central] (unknown)

Guest guest

, do you have any articles regarding the Milk Thistle having an effect on the Riba levels? Thats something I've never heard before and I highly believe in Milk Thistle and believe it really helped Me to clear the virus.

thanks

jax

To: Hepatitis_C_Central Sent: Tue, February 2, 2010 8:43:02 AMSubject: (unknown)

Please remember to tell your healthcare provider of ANY suppliments that you are taking. For example, I did not know that Milk Thistle had an effect on ribavirin levels (elevates them=more side effects).

They told my DH that he would need to be treated for 72 weeks if he tolerated it. (Type 1) Unfortunately due to the awful side effects he was experiencing, he had to come off tx. Made it to 16 weeks with much white knuckling. Viral load did drop and liver enzymes returned to normal but for him, the side effects were too much. :(

Everyone is different on these meds! My friend had NO side effects and continued to work full time. I love this group for all the ESH (experience, strength, and hope) given here.

Bless you all,

Guest guest

thanks,, but I want real articles, not just someones opinion,, but Ill take a look,,

To: Hepatitis_C_Central Sent: Tue, February 2, 2010 4:16:52 PMSubject: Re: (unknown)

I just used www.google.com and entered Milk Thistle having an effect on the Riba levelslots of matches Milk Thistle having an effect on the Riba levels

-- Bill Eastmanwww.ke5asu.com/ links.html

Guest guest

, I am in Phila., Pa. I found out about rogers through Dr. Elna Yadin with

the Univ. Of Pa Hosp. I have talked to many people in regards to my sons

condition. I would be interested in learning more about homeopathic practices.

thank you for reaching out to me. beth

To:

Sent: Thu, April 8, 2010 9:36:24 PM

Subject: (unknown)

Beth,

Homeopathy has helped us quite a bit over the last 10 months. We went that

route after CBT/ERP failed to help (we also used a therapist affiliated with

- are you in WI?) We work with Dr. Mark Janikula in Montana (all via

phone) his website is www.vitalhomeopathi c.com He has a pretty specialized

practice around behavioral health. If you would like more info on classical

homeopathy please feel free to email me directly. Hang in there it will get

better -just keep trying new things and researching.