RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Re: Raising Money & Awareness - Through a Tee. Ideas?!

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I have gmail and I see them---------------------------------------------------------

♥

" Hope is more than a word; it's a state of being. It's a firm belief God will come through. Life brings rain... hope turns every drop into the power to bloom like never before. " -Holley Gerth ♥

http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/sarahmae

Or if u have gmail they don't show up for me either

You can only view them if you are on individual e-mails. If you get digests or read on the web, you can't see them.

---------------------------------------------------------

♥

" Hope is more than a word; it's a state of being. It's a firm belief God will come through. Life brings rain... hope turns every drop into the power to bloom like never before. " -Holley Gerth ♥

I don't know where to view these pics for t-shirts that are being voted on - :(

Wow!  Nice drawing!  I like the one with the girl (I think) with her hands over her ears.  Can we have the word Misophonia some where around that drawing?

To: " Soundsensitivity " <Soundsensitivity >

Sent: Tue, January 10, 2012 9:02:57 PMSubject: Re: Re: Raising Money & Awareness - Through a Tee. Ideas?! [1 Attachment]

some hands over ears rough sketches..

To: Soundsensitivity

Sent: Tuesday, January 10, 2012 8:14 PMSubject: Re: Re: Raising Money & Awareness - Through a Tee. Ideas?!

I like it

Another good one!  We need to vote!:o)

Sent: Tue, January 10, 2012 5:16:58 PMSubject: Re: Raising Money & Awareness - Through a Tee. Ideas?!

What about...MISOPHONIAI'm All Ears

>> Hi all, > > I'm a misophonia sufferer who did this video >

> I started a Social Business and I want to do something for this disorder we all suffer with.> www.selflesstee.com> > My thought is to create a Tee for us that is of course, AWESOME, and helps raise money for a non-profit that is supportive of helping those with SSSS.

> > SO WHAT SHOULD THE TEE BE LIKE?!> Here's what comes to my mind at the moment...> > -Empowering, not Burdensome or negative....this might

mean more light, or fun/funny?> -Should feel good wearing it, not like you have to tell a negative story every time someone asks you about it.> -Raises awareness, possibly in a hip way...> -People WANT to know what it means.

> -A combination of a phrase and graphical representation/symbol.> > > Looking forward to hear your thoughts and making it happen!> -Josh>

Guest guest

I have gmail and I see them---------------------------------------------------------

♥

You can only view them if you are on individual e-mails. If you get digests or read on the web, you can't see them.

♥

Wow!  Nice drawing!  I like the one with the girl (I think) with her hands over her ears.  Can we have the word Misophonia some where around that drawing?

Sent: Tue, January 10, 2012 9:02:57 PMSubject: Re: Re: Raising Money & Awareness - Through a Tee. Ideas?! [1 Attachment]

Sent: Tuesday, January 10, 2012 8:14 PMSubject: Re: Re: Raising Money & Awareness - Through a Tee. Ideas?!

I like it

Sent: Tue, January 10, 2012 5:16:58 PMSubject: Re: Raising Money & Awareness - Through a Tee. Ideas?!

> I started a Social Business and I want to do something for this disorder we all suffer with.> www.selflesstee.com> > My thought is to create a Tee for us that is of course, AWESOME, and helps raise money for a non-profit that is supportive of helping those with SSSS.

> > SO WHAT SHOULD THE TEE BE LIKE?!> Here's what comes to my mind at the moment...> > -Empowering, not Burdensome or negative....this might

mean more light, or fun/funny?> -Should feel good wearing it, not like you have to tell a negative story every time someone asks you about it.> -Raises awareness, possibly in a hip way...> -People WANT to know what it means.

> -A combination of a phrase and graphical representation/symbol.> > > Looking forward to hear your thoughts and making it happen!> -Josh>

Guest guest

Hmmm odd thanks ill look into my settinga

♥

♥

I like it

Guest guest

While it is defined, Google has been fighting the usage of it and by using it to in a sense market our condition we run the risk of calling unwanted negative attention. To: Soundsensitivity Sent: Tuesday, January 10, 2012 5:04 PM Subject: Re: Raising Money & Awareness - Through a Tee.

Ideas?!

I believe we can legally use 'google it' because it's actually a defined verb by major dictionaries now.

Just not the Proper noun 'Google'/

As for the logo, we're legally allowed to PARODY superman. So creating an image that looks much like him, but maybe with an M in the emblem would be legal as well.

-Josh

> >> > > > > > >

> >> > > > > > > Hi ,

> >> > > > > > > YOU ARE SUPERMAN, no doubt about it. Thank you for your service

> to

> >> > > > our

> >> > > > > > country!

> >> > > > > > > prn

> >> > > > > > > Re: Raising Money & Awareness - Through

> >>

> >> a

> >> > > > > > Tee. Ideas?!

> >> > > > > > >

> >> > > > > > >

> >> > > > > > >

> >> > > > > > > Not sure if anyone has tossed this idea out yet for the t-shirt,

> >>but

> >> > > > I

> >> > > > > > think a graphic of Superman down on one knee with his hands on his

> >> ears

> >> > > > > > next to some kryptonite that is labled 4S would be nice.

> >> > > > > > >

> >> > > > > > > That's how misophonia makes me feel. I don't post often but I

> have

> >> > > > read

> >> > > > > > every post since I joined about a year ago. I'm the ex-linebacker,

> >> > > > combat

> >> > > > > > veteran, that works out and has been a product manager making

> >>hardware

> >> > > > and

> >> > > > > > software produts for 18 years now since I left the military. I'm 44

> >> > > > now,

> >> > > > > > and I have zero problems except this 4S that I have had since I was

> >a

> >> > > > child

> >> > > > > > and it literally makes me feel like Superman and kryptonite,

> >helpless

> >> > > > in

> >> > > > > > it's presence.

> >> > > > > > >

> >> > > > > > >

> >> > > > > > >

> >> > > > > > > ---

> >> > > > > > >

> >> > > > > >

> >> > > > > >

> >> > > > > >

> >> > > > >

> >> > > >

> >> > > >

> >> > > >

> >> > >

> >> >

> >>

> >

>

Guest guest

While it is defined, Google has been fighting the usage of it and by using it to in a sense market our condition we run the risk of calling unwanted negative attention. To: Soundsensitivity Sent: Tuesday, January 10, 2012 5:04 PM Subject: Re: Raising Money & Awareness - Through a Tee.

Ideas?!

I believe we can legally use 'google it' because it's actually a defined verb by major dictionaries now.

As for the logo, we're legally allowed to PARODY superman. So creating an image that looks much like him, but maybe with an M in the emblem would be legal as well.

-Josh

> >> > > > > > >

> >> > > > > > > Hi ,

> >> > > > > > > YOU ARE SUPERMAN, no doubt about it. Thank you for your service

> to

> >> > > > our

> >> > > > > > country!

> >> > > > > > > prn

> >>

> >> a

> >> > > > > > >

> >> > > > > > >

> >> > > > > > >

> >> > > > > > > Not sure if anyone has tossed this idea out yet for the t-shirt,

> >>but

> >> > > > I

> >> > > > > > think a graphic of Superman down on one knee with his hands on his

> >> ears

> >> > > > > > >

> have

> >> > > > read

> >> > > > > > every post since I joined about a year ago. I'm the ex-linebacker,

> >> > > > combat

> >>hardware

> >> > > > and

> >> > > > > > software produts for 18 years now since I left the military. I'm 44

> >> > > > now,

> >> > > > > > and I have zero problems except this 4S that I have had since I was

> >a

> >> > > > child

> >helpless

> >> > > > in

> >> > > > > > >

> >> > > > > > >

> >> > > > > > >

> >> > > > > > > ---

> >> > > > > > >

> >> > > > > >

> >> > > > > >

> >> > > > > >

> >> > > > >

> >> > > >

> >> > > >

> >> > > >

> >> > >

> >> >

> >>

> >

>

Guest guest

Ideas?!

-Josh

> >> > > > > > >

> >> > > > > > > Hi ,

> to

> >> > > > our

> >> > > > > > country!

> >> > > > > > > prn

> >>

> >> a

> >> > > > > > >

> >> > > > > > >

> >> > > > > > >

> >>but

> >> > > > I

> >> ears

> >> > > > > > >

> have

> >> > > > read

> >> > > > combat

> >>hardware

> >> > > > and

> >> > > > now,

> >a

> >> > > > child

> >helpless

> >> > > > in

> >> > > > > > >

> >> > > > > > >

> >> > > > > > >

> >> > > > > > > ---

> >> > > > > > >

> >> > > > > >

> >> > > > > >

> >> > > > > >

> >> > > > >

> >> > > >

> >> > > >

> >> > > >

> >> > >

> >> >

> >>

> >

>

Guest guest

Ideas?!

-Josh

> >> > > > > > >

> >> > > > > > > Hi ,

> to

> >> > > > our

> >> > > > > > country!

> >> > > > > > > prn

> >>

> >> a

> >> > > > > > >

> >> > > > > > >

> >> > > > > > >

> >>but

> >> > > > I

> >> ears

> >> > > > > > >

> have

> >> > > > read

> >> > > > combat

> >>hardware

> >> > > > and

> >> > > > now,

> >a

> >> > > > child

> >helpless

> >> > > > in

> >> > > > > > >

> >> > > > > > >

> >> > > > > > >

> >> > > > > > > ---

> >> > > > > > >

> >> > > > > >

> >> > > > > >

> >> > > > > >

> >> > > > >

> >> > > >

> >> > > >

> >> > > >

> >> > >

> >> >

> >>

> >

>

Guest guest

Ideas?!

-Josh

> >> > > > > > >

> >> > > > > > > Hi ,

> to

> >> > > > our

> >> > > > > > country!

> >> > > > > > > prn

> >>

> >> a

> >> > > > > > >

> >> > > > > > >

> >> > > > > > >

> >>but

> >> > > > I

> >> ears

> >> > > > > > >

> have

> >> > > > read

> >> > > > combat

> >>hardware

> >> > > > and

> >> > > > now,

> >a

> >> > > > child

> >helpless

> >> > > > in

> >> > > > > > >

> >> > > > > > >

> >> > > > > > >

> >> > > > > > > ---

> >> > > > > > >

> >> > > > > >

> >> > > > > >

> >> > > > > >

> >> > > > >

> >> > > >

> >> > > >

> >> > > >

> >> > >

> >> >

> >>

> >

>

Guest guest

Very nice finished art from Abraham, the attachment got lost down at the bottom of the digest in his email. the cool thing about attachments is that the yahoo group automatically stores them in a folder on the group site, and then you can even go and add your own comments below the attachment. Besides clicking on the attachment you can also follow visit the group link at bottom of the email and find the attachment folder on the board there.http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Soundsensitivity/attachments/folder/562452142/item/listhttp://http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Soundsensitivity/attachments/folder/562452142/item/list To: Soundsensitivity Sent: Tuesday, January 10, 2012 10:57 PM Subject: Re: Raising Money & Awareness - Through a Tee. Ideas?!

Guest guest

Very nice finished art from Abraham, the attachment got lost down at the bottom of the digest in his email. the cool thing about attachments is that the yahoo group automatically stores them in a folder on the group site, and then you can even go and add your own comments below the attachment. Besides clicking on the attachment you can also follow visit the group link at bottom of the email and find the attachment folder on the board there.http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Soundsensitivity/attachments/folder/562452142/item/listhttp://http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Soundsensitivity/attachments/folder/562452142/item/list To: Soundsensitivity Sent: Tuesday, January 10, 2012 10:57 PM Subject: Re: Raising Money & Awareness - Through a Tee. Ideas?!

Guest guest

Guest guest

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Soundsensitivity/attachments/folder/562452142/item/listhopefully this will work To: "Soundsensitivity " <Soundsensitivity > Sent: Wednesday, January 11, 2012 10:58 AM Subject: Re:

Raising Money & Awareness - Through a Tee. Ideas?!

Guest guest

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Soundsensitivity/attachments/folder/562452142/item/listhopefully this will work To: "Soundsensitivity " <Soundsensitivity > Sent: Wednesday, January 11, 2012 10:58 AM Subject: Re:

Raising Money & Awareness - Through a Tee. Ideas?!

Guest guest

I had an idea and contacted the author Palmer to see if he would be interested in doing a book with misophonia as a topic. I had first written to him and received a kind reply in 2009 when I read a novel he wrote with the main character having Asperger's because I saw myself in the main character. I just received a reply from Palmer and he said that he has put misophonia on his list of possible subjects for upcoming novels, but he will be busy working on a current novel for about another 8 months. So eventually there could be a novel written that centers around misophonia.This is another angle we can work for getting information out there. Journalists for major publications, famous authors, anyone that has a widespread audience - would be good to try to contact and get interested.

To: Soundsensitivity Sent: Tuesday, January 10, 2012 11:33 PM Subject: Re: Raising Money & Awareness - Through a Tee. Ideas?!

scroll to the very bottom of the message -- below the previous posts, and you'll see an attachment icon to click on with the image.

For those of you adding images to posts, you can also switch to the rich-text-editor and drag the image to the post next to the text.

> > >

> > > Hi all,

> > >

> > > I'm a misophonia sufferer who did this video

> > >

> > >

> > > I started a Social Business and I want to do something for this disorder

> > we all suffer with.

> > > www.selflesstee.com

> > >

> > > My thought is to create a Tee for us that is of course, AWESOME, and

> > helps raise money for a non-profit that is supportive of helping those with

> > SSSS.

> > >

> > > SO WHAT SHOULD THE TEE BE LIKE?!

> > > Here's what comes to my mind at the moment...

> > >

> > > -Empowering, not Burdensome or negative....this might mean more light,

> > or fun/funny?

> > > -Should feel good wearing it, not like you have to tell a negative story

> > every time someone asks you about it.

> > > -Raises awareness, possibly in a hip way...

> > > -People WANT to know what it means.

> > > -A combination of a phrase and graphical representation/symbol.

> > >

> > >

> > > Looking forward to hear your thoughts and making it happen!

> > > -Josh

> > >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

>

Guest guest

I had an idea and contacted the author Palmer to see if he would be interested in doing a book with misophonia as a topic. I had first written to him and received a kind reply in 2009 when I read a novel he wrote with the main character having Asperger's because I saw myself in the main character. I just received a reply from Palmer and he said that he has put misophonia on his list of possible subjects for upcoming novels, but he will be busy working on a current novel for about another 8 months. So eventually there could be a novel written that centers around misophonia.This is another angle we can work for getting information out there. Journalists for major publications, famous authors, anyone that has a widespread audience - would be good to try to contact and get interested.

To: Soundsensitivity Sent: Tuesday, January 10, 2012 11:33 PM Subject: Re: Raising Money & Awareness - Through a Tee. Ideas?!

scroll to the very bottom of the message -- below the previous posts, and you'll see an attachment icon to click on with the image.

For those of you adding images to posts, you can also switch to the rich-text-editor and drag the image to the post next to the text.

> > >

> > > Hi all,

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > we all suffer with.

> > >

> > SSSS.

> > >

> > >

> > or fun/funny?

> > >

> > >

> > > -Josh

> > >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

>

Guest guest

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Soundsensitivity/attachments/folder/562452142/item\

/101517905/view

If this link doesn't work, please go to " attachments " on the left menu and see

it there. Misophonis graphic is awesome. Wording can be whatever . . .

> > >

> > > Hi all,

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > we all suffer with.

> > >

> > SSSS.

> > >

> > >

> > or fun/funny?

> > >

> > >

> > > -Josh

> > >

> >

> >

> >

>

Guest guest

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Soundsensitivity/attachments/folder/562452142/item\

/101517905/view

If this link doesn't work, please go to " attachments " on the left menu and see

> > >

> > > Hi all,

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > we all suffer with.

> > >

> > SSSS.

> > >

> > >

> > or fun/funny?

> > >

> > >

> > > -Josh

> > >

> >

> >

> >

>

Guest guest

/101517905/view

> > >

> > > Hi all,

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > we all suffer with.

> > >

> > SSSS.

> > >

> > >

> > or fun/funny?

> > >

> > >

> > > -Josh

> > >

> >

> >

> >

>

Guest guest

I really like this (print screen from link below) – it says it all and fits the description of a picture being worth a thousand words (it covers all triggers and reactions such and hurt or rage). Just needs a reference to “Misophonia” in the text that would go with it. Nice graphic!! From: Soundsensitivity [mailto:Soundsensitivity ] On Behalf Of adah_123Sent: Wednesday, January 11, 2012 3:40 PMTo: Soundsensitivity Subject: Re: Raising Money & Awareness - Through a Tee. Ideas?! http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Soundsensitivity/attachments/folder/562452142/item/101517905/viewIf this link doesn't work, please go to " attachments " on the left menu and see it there. Misophonis graphic is awesome. Wording can be whatever . . . > > >> > > Hi all,> > >> > > I'm a misophonia sufferer who did this video> > >

> >> > > I started a Social Business and I want to do something for this disorder> > we all suffer with.> > > www.selflesstee.com> > >> > > My thought is to create a Tee for us that is of course, AWESOME, and> > helps raise money for a non-profit that is supportive of helping those with> > SSSS.> > >> > > SO WHAT SHOULD THE TEE BE LIKE?!> > > Here's what comes to my mind at the moment...> > >> > > -Empowering, not Burdensome or negative....this might mean more light,> > or fun/funny?> > > -Should feel good wearing it, not like you have to tell a negative story> > every time someone asks you about it.> > > -Raises awareness, possibly in a hip way...> > > -People WANT to know what it means.> > > -A combination of a phrase and graphical representation/symbol.> > >> > >> > > Looking forward to hear your thoughts and making it happen!> > > -Josh> > >> >> > > >>

Guest guest

I really like this (print screen from link below) – it says it all and fits the description of a picture being worth a thousand words (it covers all triggers and reactions such and hurt or rage). Just needs a reference to “Misophonia” in the text that would go with it. Nice graphic!! From: Soundsensitivity [mailto:Soundsensitivity ] On Behalf Of adah_123Sent: Wednesday, January 11, 2012 3:40 PMTo: Soundsensitivity Subject: Re: Raising Money & Awareness - Through a Tee. Ideas?! http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Soundsensitivity/attachments/folder/562452142/item/101517905/viewIf this link doesn't work, please go to " attachments " on the left menu and see it there. Misophonis graphic is awesome. Wording can be whatever . . . > > >> > > Hi all,> > >> > > I'm a misophonia sufferer who did this video> > >

> >> > > I started a Social Business and I want to do something for this disorder> > we all suffer with.> > > www.selflesstee.com> > >> > > My thought is to create a Tee for us that is of course, AWESOME, and> > helps raise money for a non-profit that is supportive of helping those with> > SSSS.> > >> > > SO WHAT SHOULD THE TEE BE LIKE?!> > > Here's what comes to my mind at the moment...> > >> > > -Empowering, not Burdensome or negative....this might mean more light,> > or fun/funny?> > > -Should feel good wearing it, not like you have to tell a negative story> > every time someone asks you about it.> > > -Raises awareness, possibly in a hip way...> > > -People WANT to know what it means.> > > -A combination of a phrase and graphical representation/symbol.> > >> > >> > > Looking forward to hear your thoughts and making it happen!> > > -Josh> > >> >> > > >>