RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Re: Raising Money & Awareness - Through a Tee. Ideas?!

Rate this topic

Guest guest

wow! I checked out your website- how wonderful that you started something like this!For the shirt, I picture a stick figure kind of person sitting on a chair with their hands over their ears...or maybe with headphones on and still have their hands over their ears. Maybe have a something on either side that represents the noises that are bothering this individual/stick figure. I would think the shirt would need to be simple and easily understood. I am not good with phrases and coming up with the wording that would be on the shirt.Thanks Josh! What an awesome idea! To: Soundsensitivity Sent: Monday, January 2, 2012 3:44 PM Subject: Raising Money & Awareness - Through a Tee. Ideas?!

Hi all,

I'm a misophonia sufferer who did this video

I started a Social Business and I want to do something for this disorder we all suffer with.

www.selflesstee.com

My thought is to create a Tee for us that is of course, AWESOME, and helps raise money for a non-profit that is supportive of helping those with SSSS.

SO WHAT SHOULD THE TEE BE LIKE?!

Here's what comes to my mind at the moment...

-Empowering, not Burdensome or negative....this might mean more light, or fun/funny?

-Should feel good wearing it, not like you have to tell a negative story every time someone asks you about it.

-Raises awareness, possibly in a hip way...

-People WANT to know what it means.

-A combination of a phrase and graphical representation/symbol.

Looking forward to hear your thoughts and making it happen!

-Josh

Guest guest

The video is beautiful! I find it very difficult explaining misophonia to people. Even though we are jumping for joy that word is getting out, people who do not suffer sound sensitivities are still largely unaware that we exist. The video is intriguing because it dramatizes the condition, which the uninitiated may find confusing. But it then follows with clear, concise statements and quotes describing misophonia. The video is brief enough that the viewer will not object to watching it through to its conclusion. I applaud you for not including the actual sounds. Watching the chip-chewer was agonizing enough, although it is necessary to tell the story. Very nicely done. Thank you!

Hi all,

I started a Social Business and I want to do something for this disorder we all suffer with.

www.selflesstee.com

My thought is to create a Tee for us that is of course, AWESOME, and helps raise money for a non-profit that is supportive of helping those with SSSS.

-Empowering, not Burdensome or negative....this might mean more light, or fun/funny?

-Should feel good wearing it, not like you have to tell a negative story every time someone asks you about it.

-Josh

Guest guest

Excellent work Josh.

Keep it up, interested to read more about this idea.

>

> Hi all,

>

> I'm a misophonia sufferer who did this video

>

>

> I started a Social Business and I want to do something for this disorder we

all suffer with.

> www.selflesstee.com

>

> My thought is to create a Tee for us that is of course, AWESOME, and helps

raise money for a non-profit that is supportive of helping those with SSSS.

>

> SO WHAT SHOULD THE TEE BE LIKE?!

> Here's what comes to my mind at the moment...

>

> -Empowering, not Burdensome or negative....this might mean more light, or

fun/funny?

> -Should feel good wearing it, not like you have to tell a negative story every

time someone asks you about it.

> -Raises awareness, possibly in a hip way...

> -People WANT to know what it means.

> -A combination of a phrase and graphical representation/symbol.

>

>

> Looking forward to hear your thoughts and making it happen!

> -Josh

>

Guest guest

Great Video Josh, and really impressed with the organization you started with your friend. You are very dedicated men, the world could use more people like you in it. Wish I had an idea for a t-shirt, but all I can think of is a combination of pictures depicting different sounds that set off individual people. For some its the ssssssssss, ppppp, or kkkkkkk sound. For others its computers, eating, swallowing, etc. This is a hard one to try to depict on a t-shirt because its thousands of sounds depending on which one bothers you - plus, people don't understand it and are uneducated about it. They all think we're crazy. Course maybe it could say " Educate yourself misophonia suffers are not crazy " . Its a hard one because we don't want to insult or embarrass ourselves, but at the same time we want to get the word out. Good luck and thanks

for making that video and for campaigning for suffering in this world! To: " Soundsensitivity " <Soundsensitivity > Sent: Tuesday, January 3, 2012 1:30 AM Subject: Re: Raising Money & Awareness - Through a Tee. Ideas?!

The video is beautiful! I find it very difficult explaining misophonia to people. Even though we are jumping for joy that word is getting out, people who do not suffer sound sensitivities are still largely unaware that we exist. The video is intriguing because it dramatizes the condition, which the uninitiated may find confusing. But it then follows with clear, concise statements and quotes describing misophonia. The video is brief enough that the viewer will not object to watching it through to its conclusion. I applaud you for not including the actual sounds. Watching the chip-chewer was agonizing enough, although it is necessary to tell the story. Very nicely done. Thank you!

Hi all,

www.selflesstee.com

-Josh

Guest guest

Great Video Josh, and really impressed with the organization you started with your friend. You are very dedicated men, the world could use more people like you in it. Wish I had an idea for a t-shirt, but all I can think of is a combination of pictures depicting different sounds that set off individual people. For some its the ssssssssss, ppppp, or kkkkkkk sound. For others its computers, eating, swallowing, etc. This is a hard one to try to depict on a t-shirt because its thousands of sounds depending on which one bothers you - plus, people don't understand it and are uneducated about it. They all think we're crazy. Course maybe it could say " Educate yourself misophonia suffers are not crazy " . Its a hard one because we don't want to insult or embarrass ourselves, but at the same time we want to get the word out. Good luck and thanks

for making that video and for campaigning for suffering in this world! To: " Soundsensitivity " <Soundsensitivity > Sent: Tuesday, January 3, 2012 1:30 AM Subject: Re: Raising Money & Awareness - Through a Tee. Ideas?!

Hi all,

www.selflesstee.com

-Josh

Guest guest

Hi all,

www.selflesstee.com

-Josh

Guest guest

I've just shared it on facebook and I'd like anybody who is on there to do the same - more exposure!

To: Soundsensitivity From: soundcrazy101@...Date: Tue, 3 Jan 2012 01:30:50 -0500Subject: Re: Raising Money & Awareness - Through a Tee. Ideas?!

Hi all, I'm a misophonia sufferer who did this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rlWHLx9PTE4I started a Social Business and I want to do something for this disorder we all suffer with.www.selflesstee.comMy thought is to create a Tee for us that is of course, AWESOME, and helps raise money for a non-profit that is supportive of helping those with SSSS.SO WHAT SHOULD THE TEE BE LIKE?!Here's what comes to my mind at the moment...-Empowering, not Burdensome or negative....this might mean more light, or fun/funny?-Should feel good wearing it, not like you have to tell a negative story every time someone asks you about it.-Raises awareness, possibly in a hip way...-People WANT to know what it means.-A combination of a phrase and graphical representation/symbol.Looking forward to hear your thoughts and making it happen!-Josh

Guest guest

I've just shared it on facebook and I'd like anybody who is on there to do the same - more exposure!

To: Soundsensitivity From: soundcrazy101@...Date: Tue, 3 Jan 2012 01:30:50 -0500Subject: Re: Raising Money & Awareness - Through a Tee. Ideas?!

Hi all, I'm a misophonia sufferer who did this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rlWHLx9PTE4I started a Social Business and I want to do something for this disorder we all suffer with.www.selflesstee.comMy thought is to create a Tee for us that is of course, AWESOME, and helps raise money for a non-profit that is supportive of helping those with SSSS.SO WHAT SHOULD THE TEE BE LIKE?!Here's what comes to my mind at the moment...-Empowering, not Burdensome or negative....this might mean more light, or fun/funny?-Should feel good wearing it, not like you have to tell a negative story every time someone asks you about it.-Raises awareness, possibly in a hip way...-People WANT to know what it means.-A combination of a phrase and graphical representation/symbol.Looking forward to hear your thoughts and making it happen!-Josh

Guest guest

Guest guest

Great job Josh!! I love the Tee-Shirt idea that was already mentioned: Stick

Figure with headphones and hands over the ears. Maybe surrounded by boombox

bass sounds? How do you draw chewing? Or maybe the stick figure at a dinner

table with other figures all being normal but stick has the phones and hands and

maybe wavy line and rayss showing agitation?

Can you tell I'm not an artistic-type!??? (Grin)

>

>

>  

> >Hi all,

> >

> >I'm a misophonia sufferer who did this video

> >

> >

> >I started a Social Business and I want to do something for this disorder we

all suffer with.

> >www.selflesstee.com

> >

> >My thought is to create a Tee for us that is of course, AWESOME, and helps

raise money for a non-profit that is supportive of helping those with SSSS.

> >

> >SO WHAT SHOULD THE TEE BE LIKE?!

> >Here's what comes to my mind at the moment...

> >

> >-Empowering, not Burdensome or negative....this might mean more light, or

fun/funny?

> >-Should feel good wearing it, not like you have to tell a negative story

every time someone asks you about it.

> >-Raises awareness, possibly in a hip way...

> >-People WANT to know what it means.

> >-A combination of a phrase and graphical representation/symbol.

> >

> >Looking forward to hear your thoughts and making it happen!

> >-Josh

> >

> >

>

Guest guest

Well I appreciate such a positive response!

I'm getting more and more excited to go forward.

I think there's been a good start for ideas. (see highlighted below). It'd be

good to have more people think outside the box too!

Also,

I think I'll start another thread to see if there's any 'Misophonia Designers'

out there before I go to SelfessTee's Collection of designers. I think grabbing

someone affected by the disorder could put some more passion into the project.

Looking forward to hear more voices!

I think it'd be important that people who are our friends & family members feel

like they'd like to wear the shirt (after all they suffer too). And the design

should compliment us all. But how do we cater to everyone??

Therefore we're able to get even MORE shirts worn out there, and raise even more

awareness/money. Maybe even start a mini movement.....

Looking forward to keep progressing.

-Josh

" Figure with headphones and hands over the ears. Maybe surrounded by boombox

bass sounds? Or maybe the stick figure at a dinner

table with other figures all being normal but stick has the phones and hands and

maybe wavy line and rays showing agitation? "

" maybe with headphones on and still have their hands over their ears. Maybe

have a something on either side that represents the noises that are bothering

this individual/stick figure. I would think the shirt would need to be simple

and easily understood. "

" a combination of pictures depicting different sounds that set off individual

people "

Guest guest

Maybe someone within our group is artistic! We can have a contest! :o)

To: Soundsensitivity Sent: Tue, January 3, 2012 11:09:48 PMSubject: Re: Raising Money & Awareness - Through a Tee. Ideas?!

Well I appreciate such a positive response!I'm getting more and more excited to go forward.I think there's been a good start for ideas. (see highlighted below). It'd be good to have more people think outside the box too!Also,I think I'll start another thread to see if there's any 'Misophonia Designers' out there before I go to SelfessTee's Collection of designers. I think grabbing someone affected by the disorder could put some more passion into the project.Looking forward to hear more voices!I think it'd be important that people who are our friends & family members feel like they'd like to wear the shirt (after all they suffer too). And the design should compliment us all. But how do we cater to everyone??Therefore we're able to get even MORE shirts worn out there, and raise even more awareness/money. Maybe even start a mini movement.....Looking forward to keep

progressing.-Josh"Figure with headphones and hands over the ears. Maybe surrounded by boomboxbass sounds? Or maybe the stick figure at a dinnertable with other figures all being normal but stick has the phones and hands andmaybe wavy line and rays showing agitation?""maybe with headphones on and still have their hands over their ears. Maybe have a something on either side that represents the noises that are bothering this individual/stick figure. I would think the shirt would need to be simple and easily understood."" a combination of pictures depicting different sounds that set off individual people"

Guest guest

I am a graphic designer and a member of this group. I will be thinking of this

and could work on graphic design if we had a clever idea for a tag line that

people would actually care to be seen in and be associated with in public.

something that would make the action of smacking, etc seem silly and

unnecessary.

In Singapore gum chewing is banned because of the mess it was creating in public

places when people would stick their gum all over. The retort by the government

when questioned about the law was, " If you can't think because you can't chew,

try a banana. "

Any copywriters in the group?

>

> Maybe someone within our group is artistic!  We can have a contest! :o)

>

>

>

>

> ________________________________

>

> To: Soundsensitivity

> Sent: Tue, January 3, 2012 11:09:48 PM

> Subject: Re: Raising Money & Awareness - Through a Tee.

> Ideas?!

>

>  

> Well I appreciate such a positive response!

> I'm getting more and more excited to go forward.

>

> I think there's been a good start for ideas. (see highlighted below). It'd be

> good to have more people think outside the box too!

>

> Also,

> I think I'll start another thread to see if there's any 'Misophonia Designers'

> out there before I go to SelfessTee's Collection of designers. I think

grabbing

> someone affected by the disorder could put some more passion into the project.

>

> Looking forward to hear more voices!

> I think it'd be important that people who are our friends & family members

feel

> like they'd like to wear the shirt (after all they suffer too). And the design

> should compliment us all. But how do we cater to everyone??

>

> Therefore we're able to get even MORE shirts worn out there, and raise even

more

> awareness/money. Maybe even start a mini movement.....

>

> Looking forward to keep progressing.

> -Josh

>

> " Figure with headphones and hands over the ears. Maybe surrounded by boombox

> bass sounds? Or maybe the stick figure at a dinner

> table with other figures all being normal but stick has the phones and hands

and

> maybe wavy line and rays showing agitation? "

>

> " maybe with headphones on and still have their hands over their ears. Maybe

have

> a something on either side that represents the noises that are bothering this

> individual/stick figure. I would think the shirt would need to be simple and

> easily understood. "

>

> " a combination of pictures depicting different sounds that set off individual

> people "

>

Guest guest

I am a graphic designer and a member of this group. I will be thinking of this

and could work on graphic design if we had a clever idea for a tag line that

people would actually care to be seen in and be associated with in public.

something that would make the action of smacking, etc seem silly and

unnecessary.

In Singapore gum chewing is banned because of the mess it was creating in public

places when people would stick their gum all over. The retort by the government

when questioned about the law was, " If you can't think because you can't chew,

try a banana. "

Any copywriters in the group?

>

> Maybe someone within our group is artistic!  We can have a contest! :o)

>

>

>

>

> ________________________________

>

> To: Soundsensitivity

> Sent: Tue, January 3, 2012 11:09:48 PM

> Subject: Re: Raising Money & Awareness - Through a Tee.

> Ideas?!

>

>  

> Well I appreciate such a positive response!

> I'm getting more and more excited to go forward.

>

> I think there's been a good start for ideas. (see highlighted below). It'd be

> good to have more people think outside the box too!

>

> Also,

> I think I'll start another thread to see if there's any 'Misophonia Designers'

> out there before I go to SelfessTee's Collection of designers. I think

grabbing

> someone affected by the disorder could put some more passion into the project.

>

> Looking forward to hear more voices!

> I think it'd be important that people who are our friends & family members

feel

> like they'd like to wear the shirt (after all they suffer too). And the design

> should compliment us all. But how do we cater to everyone??

>

> Therefore we're able to get even MORE shirts worn out there, and raise even

more

> awareness/money. Maybe even start a mini movement.....

>

> Looking forward to keep progressing.

> -Josh

>

> " Figure with headphones and hands over the ears. Maybe surrounded by boombox

> bass sounds? Or maybe the stick figure at a dinner

> table with other figures all being normal but stick has the phones and hands

and

> maybe wavy line and rays showing agitation? "

>

> " maybe with headphones on and still have their hands over their ears. Maybe

have

> a something on either side that represents the noises that are bothering this

> individual/stick figure. I would think the shirt would need to be simple and

> easily understood. "

>

> " a combination of pictures depicting different sounds that set off individual

> people "

>

Guest guest

" If you can't chew with your mouth closed, can I offer you a bale of hay? "

> >

> > Maybe someone within our group is artistic!  We can have a contest! :o)

> >

> >

> >

> >

> > ________________________________

> > From: furnasjm25 <furnasjm@>

> > To: Soundsensitivity

> > Sent: Tue, January 3, 2012 11:09:48 PM

> > Subject: Re: Raising Money & Awareness - Through a Tee.

> > Ideas?!

> >

> >  

> > Well I appreciate such a positive response!

> > I'm getting more and more excited to go forward.

> >

> > I think there's been a good start for ideas. (see highlighted below). It'd

be

> > good to have more people think outside the box too!

> >

> > Also,

> > I think I'll start another thread to see if there's any 'Misophonia

Designers'

> > out there before I go to SelfessTee's Collection of designers. I think

grabbing

> > someone affected by the disorder could put some more passion into the

project.

> >

> > Looking forward to hear more voices!

> > I think it'd be important that people who are our friends & family members

feel

> > like they'd like to wear the shirt (after all they suffer too). And the

design

> > should compliment us all. But how do we cater to everyone??

> >

> > Therefore we're able to get even MORE shirts worn out there, and raise even

more

> > awareness/money. Maybe even start a mini movement.....

> >

> > Looking forward to keep progressing.

> > -Josh

> >

> > " Figure with headphones and hands over the ears. Maybe surrounded by boombox

> > bass sounds? Or maybe the stick figure at a dinner

> > table with other figures all being normal but stick has the phones and hands

and

> > maybe wavy line and rays showing agitation? "

> >

> > " maybe with headphones on and still have their hands over their ears. Maybe

have

> > a something on either side that represents the noises that are bothering

this

> > individual/stick figure. I would think the shirt would need to be simple and

> > easily understood. "

> >

> > " a combination of pictures depicting different sounds that set off

individual

> > people "

> >

>

Guest guest

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> > Ideas?!

> >

> >  

> >

be

> >

> > Also,

Designers'

grabbing

project.

> >

feel

design

> >

more

> >

> > -Josh

> >

> > " Figure with headphones and hands over the ears. Maybe surrounded by boombox

> > table with other figures all being normal but stick has the phones and hands

and

> >

> > " maybe with headphones on and still have their hands over their ears. Maybe

have

this

> > individual/stick figure. I would think the shirt would need to be simple and

> > easily understood. "

> >

individual

> > people "

> >

>

Guest guest

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> > Ideas?!

> >

> >  

> >

be

> >

> > Also,

Designers'

grabbing

project.

> >

feel

design

> >

more

> >

> > -Josh

> >

and

> >

have

this

> > easily understood. "

> >

individual

> > people "

> >

>

Guest guest

" If you can't chew with your mouth closed, MAY I offer you a bale of hay? "

> > >

> > > Maybe someone within our group is artistic!  We can have a contest! :o)

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > > ________________________________

> > > From: furnasjm25 <furnasjm@>

> > > To: Soundsensitivity

> > > Sent: Tue, January 3, 2012 11:09:48 PM

> > > Subject: Re: Raising Money & Awareness - Through a Tee.

> > > Ideas?!

> > >

> > >  

> > > Well I appreciate such a positive response!

> > > I'm getting more and more excited to go forward.

> > >

> > > I think there's been a good start for ideas. (see highlighted below). It'd

be

> > > good to have more people think outside the box too!

> > >

> > > Also,

> > > I think I'll start another thread to see if there's any 'Misophonia

Designers'

> > > out there before I go to SelfessTee's Collection of designers. I think

grabbing

> > > someone affected by the disorder could put some more passion into the

project.

> > >

> > > Looking forward to hear more voices!

> > > I think it'd be important that people who are our friends & family members

feel

> > > like they'd like to wear the shirt (after all they suffer too). And the

design

> > > should compliment us all. But how do we cater to everyone??

> > >

> > > Therefore we're able to get even MORE shirts worn out there, and raise

even more

> > > awareness/money. Maybe even start a mini movement.....

> > >

> > > Looking forward to keep progressing.

> > > -Josh

> > >

> > > " Figure with headphones and hands over the ears. Maybe surrounded by

boombox

> > > bass sounds? Or maybe the stick figure at a dinner

> > > table with other figures all being normal but stick has the phones and

hands and

> > > maybe wavy line and rays showing agitation? "

> > >

> > > " maybe with headphones on and still have their hands over their ears.

Maybe have

> > > a something on either side that represents the noises that are bothering

this

> > > individual/stick figure. I would think the shirt would need to be simple

and

> > > easily understood. "

> > >

> > > " a combination of pictures depicting different sounds that set off

individual

> > > people "

> > >

> >

>

Guest guest

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > > Ideas?!

> > >

> > >  

> > >

> > > I think there's been a good start for ideas. (see highlighted below). It'd

be

> > >

> > > Also,

Designers'

grabbing

project.

> > >

> > > I think it'd be important that people who are our friends & family members

feel

design

> > >

even more

> > >

> > > -Josh

> > >

boombox

hands and

> > >

Maybe have

this

and

> > >

individual

> > > people "

> > >

> >

>

Guest guest

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > > Ideas?!

> > >

> > >  

> > >

be

> > >

> > > Also,

Designers'

grabbing

project.

> > >

feel

design

> > >

even more

> > >

> > > -Josh

> > >

boombox

hands and

> > >

Maybe have

this

and

> > >

individual

> > > people "

> > >

> >

>

Guest guest

Oh interesting idea jiggsy!

I think " chew with your mouth close or.... " that would definitely be a more

universal design idea. I don't know it it's the most positive wat to go? Maybe?

I believe the best result of a 'Misophonia Tee' is an iconic feeling of strength

and community.

That when you put it on, you don't feel alone and hopeless, but strong and part

of a movement of awareness.

Something that 'wouldlovetofindacurefor4s' could give to her daughter and it

would feel like the best present in the world because she knows there are others

like her fighting too and we all care.

That's the goal coming to my mind. Maybe I'm just a little emotional after

reading her story.

Would love to hear more thoughts!

" Fight or Flight - Battling the Fear of Sounds. " with a big superman 'M' in the

middle?

A brainstorm I just had....

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7156/6645276707_5aee63239c_z.jpg

Be well all!

-Josh

> > > >

> > > > Maybe someone within our group is artistic!  We can have a contest! :o)

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > > ________________________________

> > > > From: furnasjm25 <furnasjm@>

> > > > To: Soundsensitivity

> > > > Sent: Tue, January 3, 2012 11:09:48 PM

> > > > Subject: Re: Raising Money & Awareness - Through a

Tee.

> > > > Ideas?!

> > > >

> > > >  

> > > > Well I appreciate such a positive response!

> > > > I'm getting more and more excited to go forward.

> > > >

> > > > I think there's been a good start for ideas. (see highlighted below).

It'd be

> > > > good to have more people think outside the box too!

> > > >

> > > > Also,

> > > > I think I'll start another thread to see if there's any 'Misophonia

Designers'

> > > > out there before I go to SelfessTee's Collection of designers. I think

grabbing

> > > > someone affected by the disorder could put some more passion into the

project.

> > > >

> > > > Looking forward to hear more voices!

> > > > I think it'd be important that people who are our friends & family

members feel

> > > > like they'd like to wear the shirt (after all they suffer too). And the

design

> > > > should compliment us all. But how do we cater to everyone??

> > > >

> > > > Therefore we're able to get even MORE shirts worn out there, and raise

even more

> > > > awareness/money. Maybe even start a mini movement.....

> > > >

> > > > Looking forward to keep progressing.

> > > > -Josh

> > > >

> > > > " Figure with headphones and hands over the ears. Maybe surrounded by

boombox

> > > > bass sounds? Or maybe the stick figure at a dinner

> > > > table with other figures all being normal but stick has the phones and

hands and

> > > > maybe wavy line and rays showing agitation? "

> > > >

> > > > " maybe with headphones on and still have their hands over their ears.

Maybe have

> > > > a something on either side that represents the noises that are bothering

this

> > > > individual/stick figure. I would think the shirt would need to be simple

and

> > > > easily understood. "

> > > >

> > > > " a combination of pictures depicting different sounds that set off

individual

> > > > people "

> > > >

> > >

> >

>

Guest guest

I believe the best result of a 'Misophonia Tee' is an iconic feeling of strength

and community.

would feel like the best present in the world because she knows there are others

reading her story.

" Fight or Flight - Battling the Fear of Sounds. " with a big superman 'M' in the

middle?

Be well all!

-Josh

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

Tee.

> > > > Ideas?!

> > > >

> > > >  

> > > >

It'd be

> > > >

> > > > Also,

Designers'

grabbing

project.

> > > >

members feel

design

> > > >

even more

> > > >

> > > > -Josh

> > > >

boombox

hands and

> > > >

Maybe have

> > > > a something on either side that represents the noises that are bothering

this

> > > > individual/stick figure. I would think the shirt would need to be simple

and

> > > >

individual

> > > > people "

> > > >

> > >

> >

>

Guest guest

and community.

reading her story.

middle?

Be well all!

-Josh

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

Tee.

> > > > Ideas?!

> > > >

> > > >  

> > > >

It'd be

> > > >

> > > > Also,

Designers'

grabbing

project.

> > > >

members feel

design

> > > >

even more

> > > >

> > > > -Josh

> > > >

boombox

hands and

> > > >

Maybe have

this

and

> > > >

individual

> > > > people "

> > > >

> > >

> >

>

Guest guest

Whatever you decide, try to think of it from the point of view of someone who has no clue that people have problems with sounds. Otherwise the message will never go through, they will be totally baffled. I like the user name mentioned above 'wouldlovetofindacurefor4s' as the words on the shirt. And/or maybe " Misophonia - with a short description of what it is on one side and pictures on the other side that show different things that set people off, along with the words 'wouldlovetofindacurefor4s' . Maybe even the website link on there....Problem with 4S is that its not as easy to get the message thru in short sentences or just a picture - like they could with " Got Milk? "

To: Soundsensitivity Sent: Thursday, January 5, 2012 11:59 PM Subject: Re: Raising Money & Awareness - Through a Tee. Ideas?!

I think " chew with your mouth close or.... " that would definitely be a more universal design idea. I don't know it it's the most positive wat to go? Maybe?

I believe the best result of a 'Misophonia Tee' is an iconic feeling of strength and community.

That when you put it on, you don't feel alone and hopeless, but strong and part of a movement of awareness.

Something that 'wouldlovetofindacurefor4s' could give to her daughter and it would feel like the best present in the world because she knows there are others like her fighting too and we all care.

That's the goal coming to my mind. Maybe I'm just a little emotional after reading her story.

" Fight or Flight - Battling the Fear of Sounds. " with a big superman 'M' in the middle?

Be well all!

-Josh

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > > Subject: Re: Raising Money & Awareness - Through a Tee.

> > > > Ideas?!

> > > >

> > > >  

> > > >

> > > > I think there's been a good start for ideas. (see highlighted below). It'd be

> > > >

> > > > Also,

> > > > I think I'll start another thread to see if there's any 'Misophonia Designers'

> > > > out there before I go to SelfessTee's Collection of designers. I think grabbing

> > > > someone affected by the disorder could put some more passion into the project.

> > > >

> > > > I think it'd be important that people who are our friends & family members feel

> > > > like they'd like to wear the shirt (after all they suffer too). And the design

> > > >

> > > > Therefore we're able to get even MORE shirts worn out there, and raise even more

> > > >

> > > > -Josh

> > > >

> > > > " Figure with headphones and hands over the ears. Maybe surrounded by boombox

> > > > table with other figures all being normal but stick has the phones and hands and

> > > >

> > > > " maybe with headphones on and still have their hands over their ears. Maybe have

> > > > a something on either side that represents the noises that are bothering this

> > > > individual/stick figure. I would think the shirt would need to be simple and

> > > >

> > > > " a combination of pictures depicting different sounds that set off individual

> > > > people "

> > > >

> > >

> >

>