RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Re: ultimate exercise solution

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Amen!!!!!!!!! lololol

Jane

I always thought I'd rather have a lot of land rather than a grand house. A nice, adequate house is enough. But the property is most important. I'd like to have a large garden, both vegetables and flowers/plants, plus some type of sanctuary for animals, domestic animals and maybe others. I haven't figured out how to fit this into my traveling plans though, lol. I figure if it starts snowing only at night and not on the streets, driveways and sidewalks, taking care of a garden and sanctuary while exploring the world shouldn't be too hard.

Elaine

I am with you Elaine! I love to see snow. just not walk or drive in it! lol...and it should only rain or snow at night so the sun can shine in the day!

I love the OR coast and my husband and I are exploring all the little side roads bit by bit each year on our anniversary. in the last 4 years we have managed about 75 miles of 101 as we take a week at a time. lol....we have found some great little hideaways out there!

I grew up in WA and spent a great deal of time on the Olympic Peninsula...it is truly beautiful. When I was about 11ish they had a herd of half wild burros up there and I (dumb child) found an old rotten piece of rope and managed to get it around the neck of the leader and tried to ride him. What fun it was! A wonder I did not break my neck! fortunately for me and the burro the rope was very rotten and did not last long.

I love the whole earth and there is so much of it I want to see. My idea of a great time is living forever and walking every inch of the earth! I know so many who say they would build all these fancy houses and stuff and I could care less. What better house could one ask for then the earth itself!?

Jane

Start the year off right. Easy ways to stay in shape in the new year.

Guest guest

Sounds like a great mix, Janet. Yes, I own that movie and love that little dog. Did not realize that he was a Brussels Griffon. I hate it when Jack Nicholson dumps him down the trash chute. I have to drag that movie out every couple of years and watch it again.

I belong to a Labrador Retriever online group.

Original Message -----

To: thefatmanwalking_group

Sent: Saturday, January 05, 2008 4:55 PM

Subject: Re: Re: ultimate exercise solution

In a message dated 1/5/2008 12:02:51 P.M. Eastern Standard Time, labtrek1941bellsouth (DOT) net writes:

So you have a Keeshond cross and a Brussels Griffon. What is your third dog, and what sort of personality does the BG have. I have never actually known one, in fact, not sure I have even seen one at a dog show

Did you ever see the movie As Good As It Gets a few years ago with Jack Nicholson? Little red dog with a black beard? That is a Brussels Griffon. Having a Griff is like having a toddler in the house for about 15 years. they follow you around, demand your time, want to be held, sit in your lap, cuddle with you whenever you lay down, give you Griffy kisses whenever they are allowed. They are meant for women who either do not have kids or couples whose kids are grown who want to have a baby in the house! lol I belong to an online Griff group and everyone in the group pretty much fits this description. My third dog is a 14 year old chihuahua/feist mix who came from under a Cajun's trailer in Mobile Alabama when I was doing home health down there - a runt of the litter who was filled with worms and covered with ticks and lucky he lived! so all of yours are fairly close to the same age and are the same breed. Mine range from 10 lbs to 70 lbs and from age 14 to age 2!

Janet

No virus found in this incoming message.Checked by AVG Free Edition. Version: 7.5.516 / Virus Database: 269.17.13/1210 - Release Date: 1/5/2008 11:46 AM

Guest guest

It sounds breathtaking. I was wishing to see pictures just from the description.

W

for what i think is the most fabulous coast drive, it has to be up inCanada just north of Washington. On hwy 99 on the way to Whistler theOcean comes way inland, and there's a bunch of tall hills popping outof the water like little mountain caps. If you come through rightafter the snow they are all covered in snow and surrounded by water. We came through at dawn and it was the most amazing sight i've everseen. Water, snow, trees, sunrise and majestic views.I'm just bummed we didnt have pictures.laurie >> absolutely it counts, Laurie. Oregon is such a beautiful state. Iused t> ride up the coast during winter (usually Feb when the storms were mostly> gone and beginning in CA) as far as I could go in the days I had,then on> the last day I'd get on Route 5 and return home. I loved those trips> and hope to do it again some day. I'd also like to explore thecoastal mtns> and more of Washington. Someday......> > Elaine>

No virus found in this incoming message.Checked by AVG Free Edition. Version: 7.5.516 / Virus Database: 269.17.13/1210 - Release Date: 1/5/2008 11:46 AM

Guest guest

Good luck on the house, Laurie. One things Labs are good at, with their thick, powerful otter tails is clearing your coffee table with one swipe. We learned long ago to be careful where we sat our coffee or drinks. Your sister's Lab sounds like my favorite type of Lab. I am glad your neighbor's dogs have the Lab nature.

W

Re: Re: ultimate exercise solution> > > > > after a fresh snow, and the incredible, sparkling beauty of aworld encased in ice > I am originally from upstate NY (where as Jeff Foxworthy says, wehave all four season - Winter's comin, Winter's here, Winter's stillhere, and construction!) and I really do miss the snow. I don't misshaving it for four frigging months!! But I do miss the times ofhomemade bread in the oven and a big pot of soup on the stove after awalk through the woods covered in a fresh snow fall. My one rescuedog, Sierra, is half Keeshond and half Chow. She goes CRAZY when shesees a little bit of snow falling - must be some distant inbornmemories of life in the frozen north - living here I keep her shavedexcept in the winter. right now she looks like a long haired wolf.> > Janet> > > > > >----------------------------------------------------------> Start the year off right. Easy ways to stay in shape in the new year. > > > > >----------------------------------------------------------> > > No virus found in this incoming message.> Checked by AVG Free Edition. > Version: 7.5.516 / Virus Database: 269.17.13/1209 - Release Date:1/4/2008 12:05 PM>

Guest guest

I like to think that cats create a fantasy life, much as people do. I watch my son's cat who never goes outside "kill" all sorts of things from a houseplant leaf to a scrap of paper, with great enthisiasm. Then I saw her actually kill a mouse, which I have not yet seen my outside or inside/outside cats do. I do not think she has any less happy life than any of the other cats that I am around, and she will almost certainly outlive the other cats. The idea of an outside enclosure would be nice, but much harder than confining a dog.

W

It's hard. when I see a cat sunning herself in the yard or kittens playing in the leaves, it's wonderful to see them enjoying themselves. Yet when they catch birds and small animals or get hit by a car, it's so tragic. If I had my own home, I would want to make a large outdoor enclosure for the cats to use when they wish, but I know that's not possible for most people. I think of my apt being just a large cage for my poor cat who can never go out -- or if he ever does get out, he'll be unprepared to care for himself.

If only I could find a way to save them all.

On 1/4/08, labtrek1941 <labtrek1941bellsouth (DOT) net> wrote:

I have read that cats take a huge toll on songbirds, and we have birdfeeders and hummingbird feeders all over the place, so a contradiction in intent if there ever was one. Actually, only one (maybe two) of the cats living here seems to be a very accomplished hunter. Even the feral ones. They all have plenty of commercial food available, which they share with some not terribly wild raccoons and a possum. A cat that is really motivated to hunt does so for the sport rather than hunger, and I had one of those until she died last spring at age 17. She was a hunting machine and very successful. The only bird casualties we see any more are when fledgelings fall out of the nest and a cat is around. Most birds nesting near the house are mockingbirds and all the cats we have now are afraid of mockingbirds with good reason.

Still, I agree with you and after this feral population is gone, there will be no outside cats here for the sake of the birds as well as the cats.

Thanks for the quotes. They are wonderful, and I will share them with my daughter.

W

No virus found in this incoming message.Checked by AVG Free Edition. Version: 7.5.516 / Virus Database: 269.17.13/1209 - Release Date: 1/4/2008 12:05 PM

Guest guest

I agree, Jane. When I think of what I'd do if money wasn't a factor, I'd explore the world, taking my time. I'd meet the people, immerse myself into the landscape and watch the animals. There isn't any place I don't want to visit, though I do have some places ranked much higher than others. I want to stay in one location as long as the desire keeps me there, and move on when I feel the pull of the next place. Go south in the winter and north in the summer, with some exceptions.

I've just been reading about cruises (on relatively small boats) to the Arctic and Antarctica plus some islands. I'm ready for that as well.

I once flew over Greenland on a flight from England to New York. I asked the man who had the window seat if he would mind changing with me. He didn't want to and asked why I wanted it. I want to see Greenland, I told him. He said, there's nothing to see, just snow. Then said he'd let me know when we were over Greenland. After eating, he shut the window shade and went to sleep against it. So I missed my chance to see Greenland but perhaps I'll be able to take one of those cruises and see it up close.

Jane, every time I see a burro from now on, I'll think of you, lol. Great story.

Elaine

I am with you Elaine! I love to see snow. just not walk or drive in it! lol...and it should only rain or snow at night so the sun can shine in the day!

I love the OR coast and my husband and I are exploring all the little side roads bit by bit each year on our anniversary. in the last 4 years we have managed about 75 miles of 101 as we take a week at a time. lol....we have found some great little hideaways out there!

I grew up in WA and spent a great deal of time on the Olympic Peninsula...it is truly beautiful. When I was about 11ish they had a herd of half wild burros up there and I (dumb child) found an old rotten piece of rope and managed to get it around the neck of the leader and tried to ride him. What fun it was! A wonder I did not break my neck! fortunately for me and the burro the rope was very rotten and did not last long.

I love the whole earth and there is so much of it I want to see. My idea of a great time is living forever and walking every inch of the earth! I know so many who say they would build all these fancy houses and stuff and I could care less. What better house could one ask for then the earth itself!?

Jane

Guest guest

I always thought I'd rather have a lot of land rather than a grand house. A nice, adequate house is enough. But the property is most important. I'd like to have a large garden, both vegetables and flowers/plants, plus some type of sanctuary for animals, domestic animals and maybe others. I haven't figured out how to fit this into my traveling plans though, lol. I figure if it starts snowing only at night and not on the streets, driveways and sidewalks, taking care of a garden and sanctuary while exploring the world shouldn't be too hard.

Elaine

Jane

Guest guest

for what i think is the most fabulous coast drive, it has to be up inCanada just north of Washington

Laurie,

Thanks for sharing that, I will put it in the information I am saving for my eventual trip.

JanetStart the year off right. Easy ways to stay in shape in the new year.

Guest guest

Janet, we just had a thunderstorm here today. If it snows in the next ten days, or ever for that matter, people will be truly shocked. They can't even drive in the rain, I don't know what they'd do in snow. Surely not drive slower or stay home.

I used to live at a high elevationer that got a few inches of snow every year or so. One year we got more than usual. The driveway for the next apt complex was close to my apt and rose up a few inches near the street. Over and over, all day long, the same car would get stuck as the car got to the street. The driver would spin his wheels for 15-20 minutes at a time. Moments like this is why I don't own a gun. Those spinning tires drove me insane. I couldn't understand why he didn't either stay home, or at least do everything he had to do in one or two trips.

The highest hill around here (3800 ft) is within sight of my home and probably got snow today. We had a cold storm go through today. It's lovely to see it capped in snow. I'll look for it tomorrow, if the clouds clear.

Elaine,

The winters have changed so much here in North Carolina. We used to get about three good snows a winter, but now it might not snow for 3-4 years. And when it does snow its frequently that wet icy stuff that is a lot more dangerous than it is pretty! The last time I saw a really pretty snow was when I went to a dog show last year in Lousiville and when I came home it started to snow and snowed all the way through Kentucky, West Virginia, Virginia and never stopped until I got to North Carolina! I had more than enough snow by then for the year! Like most of us here, I would like to see one good snow this winter. We had a thunderstorm a few days ago and they say here that if you have a thunderstorm in the winter you will have snow within ten days. Is that saying just local or have other people heard it?

Janet

Guest guest

, it's great you have those memories to think about on those steamy summer days.

Elaine

I hope things are better, weather-wise, today, Elaine. It has been a very long time since I have seen a real snow, but I still remember the quiet and peace one feels after a fresh snow, and the incredible, sparkling beauty of a world encased in ice when the sun shines after an ice storm. Wish I could afford to travel as much as I would like.

W

Guest guest

love labs, my sister has a huge lab, he's a big buffoon and loveable

I am certainly not a lab expert but I used to have a neighbor who had one that I was absolutely in love with. He was a beautiful coal black and not at all hyper, very sweet natured. My neighbor said he was so laid back because he was an English lab and that many of the American lines were much more leggy and hyper. Is that so ?

Guest guest

Yes, I own that movie and love that little dog

that little dog looked just like my first Griff, Tessa, who died very unexpectedly at the all too young age of five. I was heartbroken. I was soooooooo blessed that I found a puppy soon after (you have to get a on a waiting list to get a Griff from a good breeder) and Truffles has turned out to be the love of my life.

Guest guest

I've done that drive, Laurie. It's so beautiful. I continued pass Whistler and stayed overnight in the lovely Pemberton Valley. It's a very beautuf area.

Elaine

for what i think is the most fabulous coast drive, it has to be up inCanada just north of Washington. On hwy 99 on the way to Whistler theOcean comes way inland, and there's a bunch of tall hills popping out

of the water like little mountain caps. If you come through rightafter the snow they are all covered in snow and surrounded by water. We came through at dawn and it was the most amazing sight i've ever

seen. Water, snow, trees, sunrise and majestic views.I'm just bummed we didnt have pictures.laurie >> absolutely it counts, Laurie. Oregon is such a beautiful state. Iused t> ride up the coast during winter (usually Feb when the storms were mostly

> gone and beginning in CA) as far as I could go in the days I had,then on> the last day I'd get on Route 5 and return home. I loved those trips> and hope to do it again some day. I'd also like to explore the

coastal mtns> and more of Washington. Someday......> > Elaine>

Guest guest

1.5 acres sounds lovely, Laurie. Is there already a house on the property?

i love labs, my sister has a huge lab, he's a big buffoon and loveablebut will knock you over with his tail when he turns around. myneighbors have 2 dogs that are part lab & part pit bull and the lab

nature has come out in both dogs. went at looked a 1.5 acre property today, we're calling the mortgagebroker on monday to see what she says.laurie

Guest guest

agree, Jane. When I think of what I'd do if money wasn't a factor, I'd explore the world, taking my time.

I agree! I have so many fantasy trips planned! My number one fantasy trip is to Italy and I am really hoping to make that a reality in 2010. The other is back to the Pacific Northwest. Everything else falls in line behind those two

Guest guest

to have a large garden, both vegetables and flowers/plants, plus some type of sanctuary for animals, domestic animals and maybe others

Elaine,

we have sooooo many similar fantasies! In mine, I have the farm after finishing a few years of traveling so that I will have a place to keep all of the lovely mementos I bring back from each culture. At my farm there are always fragrant pots of soup on the stove and fresh bread in the oven, lilacs in bloom for months instead of a few weeks, and there are MANY rescued dogs and horses, chickens and pigs, and a big old barn to keep them in, except the Griffs who sleep with me of course!.

We had many of these animals when I was young and I don't take the time to think about how much work taking care of them all would be lol

Guest guest

Janet, we just had a thunderstorm here today. If it snows in the next ten days, or ever for that matter, people will be truly shocked.

Here that expression is so common that if we have a thunderstorm they start counting down the days on the local news. they say its something like 70% true??? of course, its an old expression and now the climate has changed so who knows.

Also here, if the word snow is even mentioned the grocery stores are PACKED! You would think they were expecting a three week blizzard every time! And actually I dont' think I have ever seen snow here that did not melt in about three days time lol

Guest guest

I haven't had a dog for the same reason. I used to work ten-hour days, plus commute time, plus whatever else I was doing away from home. it didn't leave the time a dog needs and deserves. I miss having one.

I work with a cat rescue group. Each weekend we set up cages at a local pet store to try to get them adopted. They come from the pound hours or minutes before they are scheduled to be killed. I don't think many people know that many animal shelters kill cats (I don't know what the rules are for dogs) after keeping them only 3-5 days. It's horrendous. Just unbelievable. I once had a cat that ran away and I kept going to the pound to see if she was there. It was hard because I didn't know when she may be picked up so I didn't know when the three days would start. More recently I found out that if they think a cat is " unsociable " they won't even put it out in view! My last cat was " unsociable " and I was asked to take her by someone in the rescue group because that person felt this was a good cat that should be allowed to live. I took her and she was a great cat. She had her moments, but once those were understood (by me), I learned to work around them. She had so much personality and was beautiful. Young, athletic, strong, she suddenly died. It's thought she had a blood clot, probably in her spine. I know I wrote about it when it happened. it was so shocking.

Other cats are caught from the feral colonies and tamed, then put up for adoption. It's heart wrenching to see these animals go without homes, and to think of all those who can't be saved or are living outside on this very cold, rainy night.

California had attempted to pass a law in which all owners of cats and dogs would have to spay/neuter them. It didn't pass and I'm kind of glad it didn't, but if people knew the fate of these animals, surely they would spay/neuter their animals voluntarily. There are so many organizations that will help with the cost. In this area, ferals/strays are done for free and anyone can get their cat done for only $20.

Okay, it's past midnight. I'm going to get off this soapbox and go hug my kitty (this is one of the two ferals I got after mine other one died. One of the ferals got adopted).

good night.

Elaine

we have always had cats. I became allergic to them after having my second son, so they live outside, but we still have them. At the present time we only have one...he is ugly and kind of dumb...we had him since he was tiny, tiny....he is 13 now.

He has a fetish about toes and earlobes. He was weaned too early apparently and has the fixation his whole life...we always tell him no bites and he is pretty good but it is funny if we don't keep an eye on him with bare feet in the summer! Especially when we have guests!

We have had a manx who liked to play with water. We have had a silly cat who washed his food in the water dish like a racoon and ate it off his paw. We had one who weighed about 4 to 5 pounds her whole life and would kill rattlesnakes and half grown jack rabbits bigger then she was and drag them home to her kittens. I love cats. I love dogs as well but have so little spare time I feel it would be selfish to have one. dogs require so much more then cats do. We also have chickens. My grand children love the chickens and would live with them I believe if they could. When clients come over with their children they all want to see the chickens also. I have even caught my elderly neighbor in the back out there talking to them! lol I think they just somehow appeal to people.

Jane

Guest guest

California had attempted to pass a law in which all owners of cats and dogs would have to spay/neuter them. It didn't pass and I'm kind of glad it didn't,

Elaine,

Since this problem is so huge, why are you glad that the Healthy Pets law did not pass? ( I am not in California but I like to hear everyone's thoughts) It's being reworked by the way and will be reintroduced.

I am an avid member of HSUS so I follow these things lol

Guest guest

My daughter and son in law just got a cat from the humane society here and of course she is spayed. They explained to their children about being responsible pet owners and taking care so that does not happen to young cats. It really made an impression on them. the seven year old was extremely upset that people would not be responsible. And that cats would die because no one wanted them.

I am fairly sure the law in CA is the same for dogs as cats.

Jane

I haven't had a dog for the same reason. I used to work ten-hour days, plus commute time, plus whatever else I was doing away from home. it didn't leave the time a dog needs and deserves. I miss having one.

I work with a cat rescue group. Each weekend we set up cages at a local pet store to try to get them adopted. They come from the pound hours or minutes before they are scheduled to be killed. I don't think many people know that many animal shelters kill cats (I don't know what the rules are for dogs) after keeping them only 3-5 days. It's horrendous. Just unbelievable. I once had a cat that ran away and I kept going to the pound to see if she was there. It was hard because I didn't know when she may be picked up so I didn't know when the three days would start. More recently I found out that if they think a cat is "unsociable" they won't even put it out in view! My last cat was "unsociable" and I was asked to take her by someone in the rescue group because that person felt this was a good cat that should be allowed to live. I took her and she was a great cat. She had her moments, but once those were understood (by me), I learned to work around them. She had so much personality and was beautiful. Young, athletic, strong, she suddenly died. It's thought she had a blood clot, probably in her spine. I know I wrote about it when it happened. it was so shocking.

Other cats are caught from the feral colonies and tamed, then put up for adoption. It's heart wrenching to see these animals go without homes, and to think of all those who can't be saved or are living outside on this very cold, rainy night.

California had attempted to pass a law in which all owners of cats and dogs would have to spay/neuter them. It didn't pass and I'm kind of glad it didn't, but if people knew the fate of these animals, surely they would spay/neuter their animals voluntarily. There are so many organizations that will help with the cost. In this area, ferals/strays are done for free and anyone can get their cat done for only $20.

Okay, it's past midnight. I'm going to get off this soapbox and go hug my kitty (this is one of the two ferals I got after mine other one died. One of the ferals got adopted).

good night.

Elaine

we have always had cats. I became allergic to them after having my second son, so they live outside, but we still have them. At the present time we only have one...he is ugly and kind of dumb...we had him since he was tiny, tiny....he is 13 now.

He has a fetish about toes and earlobes. He was weaned too early apparently and has the fixation his whole life...we always tell him no bites and he is pretty good but it is funny if we don't keep an eye on him with bare feet in the summer! Especially when we have guests!

We have had a manx who liked to play with water. We have had a silly cat who washed his food in the water dish like a racoon and ate it off his paw. We had one who weighed about 4 to 5 pounds her whole life and would kill rattlesnakes and half grown jack rabbits bigger then she was and drag them home to her kittens. I love cats. I love dogs as well but have so little spare time I feel it would be selfish to have one. dogs require so much more then cats do. We also have chickens. My grand children love the chickens and would live with them I believe if they could. When clients come over with their children they all want to see the chickens also. I have even caught my elderly neighbor in the back out there talking to them! lol I think they just somehow appeal to people.

Jane

Guest guest

The Lab forum I am involved with has breeders from California, Janet, and they were solidly against the law.

It was basically the AKC and the breeders that derailed the law, and any law which might pose any kind of restrictions on breeders. In fact they fought tooth and nail in Pennsylvania to prevent the governor there from establishing any kind of laws that would restrict those absolutely horrible puppy mills in the Amish country, just because they do not want ANY restrictions on breeders. Personally, I think its incredibly selfish on their part and shows very little compassion for the millions of animals who suffer and die just so they can as they please with their dogs, but that is because I am on the opposite side of this battle. I do belong to a purebred dog club (The National Brussels Griffon Club) and I dearly love my breed, but my views on the AKC are well known and I get into a lot of trouble because of it. It's hard to walk the line of being involved with purebred dogs and also be a supporter of the HSUS and its goals, but there I am. I have considered backing off from my breed club, but I believe if there are ever going to be changes there need to be people on the inside with my views and the few people who share them have asked me not to leave. So I continue on and my presence and that of a couple of other people prevent the AKC views from being touted in our online group. Oh well, such is life. lol

Guest guest

It sounds wonderful, Janet. A good thing about fantasies is that, there's no hard work. (grin)

Amen! Start the year off right. Easy ways to stay in shape in the new year.

Guest guest

One law doesn't fit all is probably the biggest reason. Most of these type of laws make life hard for responsible people and the irresponsible carry on as they always did.

As things stand now, in my opinion, the AKC is starting to run scared. The HSUS grew by almost a million members last year and was basically responsible for the passage of 86 state laws having to do with animal welfare. One in 30 Americans is now a member. I personally have money taken from my checking account every month to support them. They have a full office of lawyers in Washington now and law firms working pro bono in most major cities. Animal law is a rising specialty in law schools. In California, they are hopefully about to eliminate the three worst forms of animal cruelty in the factory farm industry - gestation crates for hogs, battery cages for chickens, and veal crates for calves. This past year the HSUS reached the point where they had sufficient funds to begin buying out the stock of companies who opposed their humanitarian efforts and taking up residence on their boards. To someone like me, who has been fighting the animal welfare issues for years, this is all music to my ears. To a group like the AKC who is used to being the big dog in the dog world, they see the HSUS as the devil and his legions overrunning the country. I belong to about six different organizations and my two primary interests are battling puppy mills and bringing more humane laws to the state of North Carolina . Being in a purebred breed club I hear it from both sides on a daily basis. I believe that laws can be passed that target commercial puppy mills and I also believe that anyone who breeds dogs should have to be licensed and inspected and if that is inconvenient for people who are used to having free rein, well frankly I really do not care. The amount of suffering I see in this completely unregulated industry overrides my empathy for those people.

A friend of mine in the state of Misery (Missouri - the worst puppy mill Hell in the nation) recently did an undercover piece that circulated the groups I am in where she went undercover into an Amish puppy mill because a man was selling out (this video may be on YouTube). He admitted making over $100,000 the previous year and never paying taxes. But in a cage he had a little dog who had her hind leg chewed off by the dog in the cage next door and she was just sitting here shaking in shock and he just left her there. Kim bought her, took her to an emergency vet and she died a few hours later. This was about a week after I saw a video with a little Beagle whose skin had been half torn off and was left in the cage without treatment as well. Both of these facilities were licensed and has been inspected by the Department of Agriculture.

I'm sorry, I will now get off my soap box.

Guest guest

The crowd in the store before a snow storm always seems funny to me.

I often wonder hoe long I would havew to shut-in before I would need

to eat those things I reallt don't like in the back of the cupboard,

Bob

>

>

> In a message dated 1/6/2008 2:33:29 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,

> elrole@... writes:

>

> Janet, we just had a thunderstorm here today. If it snows in the

next ten

> days, or ever for that matter, people will be truly shocked.

>

>

> Here that expression is so common that if we have a thunderstorm

they start

> counting down the days on the local news. they say its something

like 70%

> true??? of course, its an old expression and now the climate has

changed so

> who knows.

>

> Also here, if the word snow is even mentioned the grocery stores

are PACKED!

> You would think they were expecting a three week blizzard every

time! And

> actually I dont' think I have ever seen snow here that did not

melt in about

> three days time lol

>

> Janet

>

>

>

> **************Start the year off right. Easy ways to stay in

shape.

> http://body.aol.com/fitness/winter-exercise?

NCID=aolcmp00300000002489

>

Guest guest

What a perfect set of wishes and priorities, Elaine. Maybe the solution is to find someone of like values and trade off. Part of the year you travel and they mind the home, garden and sanctuary, then they travel and you mind the place.

I have the place, but it keeps me tied there. If I travel, I have to pay someone to care for the animals and water the plants and stock the bird and hummingbird feeders, and usually it just becomes too expensive. Besides, it is hard to find someone you can really trust with all that you love and feel responsible for.

W

Re: Re: ultimate exercise solution

Elaine

Jane