explantation.

> Sherry

> Re: Weight....

>

>

> I have the same thing I'm 5 ft 4 and I'm a 10 now and was a 5

>

Guest guest

Even my endocrinologist admitted to me that he sees alot of women with implants as patients who have thyroid issues. I think we've seen enough women on our support group with thyroid issues to know that this isn't merely coincidence. It may not be "sound" in the eyes of the medical professionals, but you couldn't convince me that my autoimmune thyroid disease wasn't caused by my implants. There is not a single person in my family, extended family or any other blood relative that I know of who has thyroid disease of any kind. Just me. Patty_00_ <5678@...> wrote: Ten percent of all women are thyroid deficient. It is very common and, at this

juncture, to say definitively that it has been caused by one's implants is not yet sound. As far as expecting to 'feel' the effects of Amour or Synthroid, that's more The Placebo Effect. Millions of people are hypothyroid and don't know they are........ Some people are highly symptomatic while some people are asymptomatic. The reason it's important to know and to treat is that the pituitary gland will secrete additional thyroid stimulating hormone in response to the effort to get the deficient thyroid gland to secret more thyroid hormone. These elevated TSH levels may enlarge the thyroid gland enough to create a goiter and, without treatment, life threatening complications are possible since the untreated thyroid disease will worsen. Sherry Re: Weight.... A thyroid problem will generally require lifelong replacement therapy (armour or whatever). However, it is not that big of a deal, Donna. Low thyroid is actually very common in women as they get older (perimenopause or older). You are a little

young for that, but still it is not all that uncommon. I suspect your implants may have accelerated the process....And then, I may be all wet.Ask Dr. Kolb about it.>> Lynda,> > OMG this is so scary for me. I am on armour thyroid I thought it was > temporary. I am sorry implants did that to you and Patty.> > Donna> __________________________________________________

Guest guest

Donna, It's a very bitter pill to swallow. I well remember my early days of discovery about what was happening to me, and then the healing process, and finally coming to grips with the idea that I may never be the same again. It's just not right. Doctors should warn women, tell prospective patients just how serious autoimmune diseases can be. Elaborate on the subject to make sure it is understood completely. Not to do so is criminal. It's deceptive. They downplay any risks associated with implants and make you think these things are just plain safe. What's worse is when you do show some of the symptoms that they glossed over, they say, "it's not the implants." They are in a huge state of denial. (And they think we are the ones that have psycho problems!) I remember the nurse telling me to my face when I told her of all the

symptoms I was experiencing "the implants are the safest on the market". As if that concept will make a difference to MY body! They can claim "safety" till they are blue in the face, but if my immune system, my genetics, my organs can't handle the presence of silicone like thousands of other people, they are not safe to me! My thyroid doesn't care if they are the safest on the market! My body's truth is superior to their truth...and it's the one I gotta live with. Donna, don't give up hope for healing from this. While it's true that there may be some sort of permanent damage, your chances for being able to go forward and live an exciting life again like you used to can be realized with dedication to detoxification, a good positive outlook on life, and proper treatment. We do have to live with reality, but we dont' have to give up our hopes and dreams because of it. Hopes and dreams are

what propel us forward, and give us joy in living. I live with joy each and every day of my life because of the hope I have. It's hope that God gave me! Hugs, Patty BSBanshee1@... wrote: Patty, You are always so kind I like to read your responses. This is true to have a positive outlook, it is just hard I guess because reality hasn't hit me in the face yet. I want to believe I will be healed from this but reality is that I will have for rest of my life. I just don't want to face that I guess. It is hard, I feel like I have been put through hell after being sick for over a year now. I know

a lot of others are sick a lot longer than I was before removal. I am thankful I found out the truth so soon. I think I am still in shock and I don't look good. I don't feel good. It's summer time and hard to grasp. I think it might take time for me to first get over how I was left to die by my PS, second the finding of truth and third the reality of a permanent illness. I will adjust it might just take a little bit. Thanks for the support Patty. Donna __________________________________________________

Guest guest

Sherry,

I understand this but my weight gain was " strange " . I counted

calories to make sure and I was eating less than 1,200 a day...and

gained 3 or 4 pounds between office visits. I was also doing aerobic

interval training, lifting light weights (5 to 10 lbs) and

walking....that is until I became fatigued and the skin rash started.

The weight gain...parallels the skin rash and the timing of the other

syymptons from the implants..at least for me it did.

I really think it is the implants and the way they have affected my

thyroid, adrenal hormones...and everything else.

>

> The only problem with this association is that women generally gain

weight as they age. The key is whether the weight was lost following

explantation.

> Sherry

>

>

> I have the same thing I'm 5 ft 4 and I'm a 10 now and was a 5

>

Guest guest

Donna,

Did Dr. Kolb tell you specifically what this meant? Like which bio-

toxins?? And what criteria and tests are used to diagnose someone

with this???

It is easy to say those of us with implants have biotoxin

disease...but there must have been some criteria for it??? Maybe you

can email her and ask her....

>

> Well does anyone else have bio-toxin disease???????????? I don't

understand

> what it is and if it is curable???????? Has anyone else been

diagnosed with

> this or am I the lucky one here, totally kidding on that. Panic

Button???????

>

> Donna

>

Guest guest

Donna,

Often my bones pop when adjusted, and I am still going. Did not ever

do me any harm.

Lynda

At 12:18 AM 6/3/2006, you wrote:

>Lynda,

>

>I asked because shortly after getting implants I couldn't move. My

>right side like shut down. I started going to a chiropractor,

>referred by my PS if you can believe that. I go to him for a

>while. I couldn't move and he adjusted me to where I could

>again. The only reason I stopped is one day I went and my neck was

>so stiff. When he cracked my neck it popped and it made a noise

>that scared me. I just wonder if it did any harm to me now that

>they found a spot in between my 3rd and 4th vertebra. I am

>wondering could this have made my symptoms worse? He did get me to

>move again I give him credit for that I actually like the guy a

>lot. I am just scared is this popping and cracking good for me?? I

>just don't know.

>

>Donna

>

>

>Opinions expressed are NOT meant to take the place of advice given

>by licensed health care professionals. Consult your physician or

>licensed health care professional before commencing any medical treatment.

>

> " Do not let either the medical authorities or the politicians

>mislead you. Find out what the facts are, and make your own

>decisions about how to live a happy life and how to work for a

>better world. " - Linus ing, two-time Nobel Prize Winner (1954,

>Chemistry; 1963, Peace)

>

>See our photos website! Enter " implants " for access at this link:

><http://.shutterfly.com/action/>http://.shutterfly.co\

m/action/

>

>

Guest guest

Not just to me and Patty, fully a third of our women, I think, are on

thyroid because of implants. But then, fully a third of them are on

disability because of implants. So it does a lot to many of us.

Lynda

At 12:20 AM 6/3/2006, you wrote:

>Lynda,

>

>OMG this is so scary for me. I am on armour thyroid I thought it

>was temporary. I am sorry implants did that to you and Patty.

>

>Donna

>

>

>

>Chemistry; 1963, Peace)

>

m/action/

>

>

Guest guest

Yep, that is me also, and it does not run in my family. Even my

doctors have admitted they see lots of women with implants whose

thyroid suddenly decided to quit functioning or function less. Many

doctors (the good ones) do know that this came from the attack on our

immune system from implants.

I know the line doctors give us, it cannot be proven. It could be if

they read the research or really did research on those of us who

became ill. But, then, that would prove implants cause problems and

they do not want to admit that.

Lynda

At 07:46 AM 6/3/2006, you wrote:

>Even my endocrinologist admitted to me that he sees alot of women

>with implants as patients who have thyroid issues.

>

>I think we've seen enough women on our support group with thyroid

>issues to know that this isn't merely coincidence.

>

>It may not be " sound " in the eyes of the medical professionals, but

>you couldn't convince me that my autoimmune thyroid disease wasn't

>caused by my implants. There is not a single person in my family,

>extended family or any other blood relative that I know of who has

>thyroid disease of any kind. Just me.

>Patty

>

>_00_ <5678@...> wrote:

>Ten percent of all women are thyroid deficient. It is very common

>and, at this juncture, to say definitively that it has been caused

>by one's implants is not yet sound.

>

>As far as expecting to 'feel' the effects of Amour or Synthroid,

>that's more The Placebo Effect. Millions of people are hypothyroid

>and don't know they are........ Some people are highly symptomatic

>while some people are asymptomatic. The reason it's important to

>know and to treat is that the pituitary gland will secrete

>additional thyroid stimulating hormone in response to the effort to

>get the deficient thyroid gland to secret more thyroid hormone.

>These elevated TSH levels may enlarge the thyroid gland enough to

>create a goiter and, without treatment, life threatening

>complications are possible since the untreated thyroid disease will worsen.

> Sherry

>

>A thyroid problem will generally require lifelong replacement

>therapy (armour or whatever).

>However, it is not that big of a deal, Donna. Low thyroid is

>actually very common in women

>as they get older (perimenopause or older). You are a little young

>for that, but still it is not

>all that uncommon. I suspect your implants may have accelerated the

>process....

>And then, I may be all wet.

>Ask Dr. Kolb about it.

>

>

>

> >

> > Lynda,

> >

> > OMG this is so scary for me. I am on armour thyroid I thought it was

> > temporary. I am sorry implants did that to you and Patty.

> >

> > Donna

> >

>

>

>

>

>

>

>__________________________________________________

>

Guest guest

Donna,

It definitely is disturbing to think that my life might never be the

same again because of this. Gosh, what a difference a year can make.

Sis

>

> Sis,

>

> This is what I am thinking. I was wondering if we all didn't get

the

> bio-toxin disease from these darn implants. I just don't like the

thoughts of having

> something for life now, because of implants. I know there is

nothing about

> this in the FDA warning book, nor the manufacture risk book. I

guess they get

> by with it every day and to me that is sad.

>

> Donna

>

Guest guest

Just thought I would jump in on the conversation. I starting having MCS back in 1982. I saw a doctor in Ft. Worth who was working with the MCS clinic in Dallas. Anyway I was diagnoised with formaldyhyde poisioning from living in the new mobile home we had bought in 1979.

He also discovered at that time that I was hypoglycemic and had low thyroid. Doesn't run in my family either. I can't remember if we started on armour thyroid or not but I now take Synthyroid T4 and Cytomel T3 because my thyroid was not converting T4 into T3. My understanding and I've never been told not so is that once you have an underactive thyroid you will always need medication. So I've taken it for over 20 years. You can also find out more about thyroid at Dr. Neal's website and at 's Syndrome website. Hope this helps. Love, Penni

Re: Weight....>>A thyroid problem will generally require lifelong replacement >therapy (armour or whatever).>However, it is not that big of a deal, Donna. Low thyroid is >actually very common in women>as they get older (perimenopause or older). You are a little young >for that, but still it is not>all that uncommon. I suspect your implants may have accelerated the >process....>And then, I may be all wet.>Ask Dr. Kolb about it.>>>> >> > Lynda,> >> > OMG this is so scary for me. I am on armour thyroid I thought it was> > temporary. I am sorry implants did that to you and Patty.> >> > Donna> >>>>>>>>__________________________________________________>

Guest guest

I've also gone to chiropractors for years. Yes, you want to go to a good qualified one. I love mine because he is younger and knows much more about testing through kinesiology. Yes, my neck will crack but he is always very careful. However, in discussing with Dr. Kolb she believes that my possible rupture/leaking could have come from having another chiro that I used to use applying too much pressure on my back when he was adjusting me. If that was the case then women with breast implants should stay away from having their backs adjusted by pressure.

Blessings,

Penni

Re: Re: Weight....

Donna,Often my bones pop when adjusted, and I am still going. Did not ever do me any harm.LyndaAt 12:18 AM 6/3/2006, you wrote:>Lynda,>>I asked because shortly after getting implants I couldn't move. My >right side like shut down. I started going to a chiropractor, >referred by my PS if you can believe that. I go to him for a >while. I couldn't move and he adjusted me to where I could >again. The only reason I stopped is one day I went and my neck was >so stiff. When he cracked my neck it popped and it made a noise >that scared me. I just wonder if it did any harm to me now that >they found a spot in between my 3rd and 4th vertebra. I am >wondering could this have made my symptoms worse? He did get me to >move again I give him credit for that I actually like the guy a >lot. I am just scared is this popping and cracking good for me?? I >just don't know.>>Donna>>>Opinions expressed are NOT meant to take the place of advice given >by licensed health care professionals. Consult your physician or >licensed health care professional before commencing any medical treatment.>>"Do not let either the medical authorities or the politicians >mislead you. Find out what the facts are, and make your own >decisions about how to live a happy life and how to work for a >better world." - Linus ing, two-time Nobel Prize Winner (1954, >Chemistry; 1963, Peace)>>See our photos website! Enter "implants" for access at this link:><http://.shutterfly.com/action/>http://.shutterfly.com/action/>>

Guest guest

My silicone implants were placed in 1974. In 1977, I developed trigeminal neuralgia for which I still must take pain medication every few hours. In 1980, I was diagnosed as hypothyroid. In 1985, I had emergency back surgery for a herniated disk that fractured and migrated such that a fragment was penetrating my spinal cord and beginning an ascending paralysis. I weighed only 80 pounds, not at all the typical candidate for such a disorder. In 1995 following having been defrauded personally by a business associate of more than $50 million and left destitute and homeless with a corporate personal debt that, today, approached $16 million, I developed my systemic skin rash from which I still suffer severely. I am scarred all over my body from a decade of scratching. Currently, I have open lesions all over my scalp, back and abdomen. At the same time, for the first time, I began to gain weight. For the past five years, nothing has been successful in my efforts to lose the excess 20 pounds. All my life I struggled with being underweight. Now, this weight gain, hair loss and fatigue also coincide with menopause and with the severe trauma and stress of having been a crime victim (my best friend was murdered by my attorney in the white collar scam because I'd given him shares of stock in my company and he was killed in order to steal those shares that were soon valued at $18 million.... Molly, was there during this and can verify that what I am saying is absolutely truthful) and also follow a severe incident with infectious mononucleosis so it is scientifically impossibly to say with certainty that the implants are the sole cause.

Re: Weight....> > > I have the same thing I'm 5 ft 4 and I'm a 10 now and was a 5 >

Guest guest

Thank you for sharing your history. My heart feels for you.

My belief is that having a disintegrating toxic foreign object in

one's body overworks the immune system leaving one's body less

capable of healing itself ... more suseptible and weaker in general.

I haven't read all you've written ... are you now a practicing

medical doctor?

www.BreastImplantAwareness.org

--- In , _00_ <5678@...>

wrote:

>

> My silicone implants were placed in 1974. In 1977, I developed

trigeminal neuralgia for which I still must take pain medication

every few hours. In 1980, I was diagnosed as hypothyroid. In 1985, I

had emergency back surgery for a herniated disk that fractured and

migrated such that a fragment was penetrating my spinal cord and

beginning an ascending paralysis. I weighed only 80 pounds, not at

all the typical candidate for such a disorder. In 1995 following

having been defrauded personally by a business associate of more

than $50 million and left destitute and homeless with a corporate

personal debt that, today, approached $16 million, I developed my

systemic skin rash from which I still suffer severely. I am scarred

all over my body from a decade of scratching. Currently, I have open

lesions all over my scalp, back and abdomen. At the same time, for

the first time, I began to gain weight. For the past five years,

nothing has been successful in my efforts to lose the excess 20

pounds. All my life I struggled with being underweight. Now, this

weight gain, hair loss and fatigue also coincide with menopause and

with the severe trauma and stress of having been a crime victim (my

best friend was murdered by my attorney in the white collar scam

because I'd given him shares of stock in my company and he was

killed in order to steal those shares that were soon valued at $18

million.... Molly, was there during this and can verify that

what I am saying is absolutely truthful) and also follow a severe

incident with infectious mononucleosis so it is scientifically

impossibly to say with certainty that the implants are the sole

cause.

> >

> >

> > I have the same thing I'm 5 ft 4 and I'm a 10 now and was a

> >

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

> Opinions expressed are NOT meant to take the place of advice

given by licensed health care professionals. Consult your physician

or licensed health care professional before commencing any medical

treatment.

>

mislead you. Find out what the facts are, and make your own

decisions about how to live a happy life and how to work for a

better world. " - Linus ing, two-time Nobel Prize Winner (1954,

Chemistry; 1963, Peace)

>

> See our photos website! Enter " implants " for access at this link:

> http://.shutterfly.com/action/

>

>

Guest guest

It is also scientifically possible to say that your implants are

certainly a big part of your problem, check the over 5000 journal

articles on silicone problems. Trigeminal neuralgia is a commonly

reported problem for women with implants.

Lynda

At 10:55 AM 6/3/2006, you wrote:

>My silicone implants were placed in 1974. In 1977, I developed

>trigeminal neuralgia for which I still must take pain medication

>every few hours. In 1980, I was diagnosed as hypothyroid. In 1985, I

>had emergency back surgery for a herniated disk that fractured and

>migrated such that a fragment was penetrating my spinal cord and

>beginning an ascending paralysis. I weighed only 80 pounds, not at

>all the typical candidate for such a disorder. In 1995 following

>having been defrauded personally by a business associate of more

>than $50 million and left destitute and homeless with a corporate

>personal debt that, today, approached $16 million, I developed my

>systemic skin rash from which I still suffer severely. I am scarred

>all over my body from a decade of scratching. Currently, I have open

>lesions all over my scalp, back and abdomen. At the same time, for

>the first time, I began to gain weight. For the past five years,

>nothing has been successful in my efforts to lose the excess 20

>pounds. All my life I struggled with being underweight. Now, this

>weight gain, hair loss and fatigue also coincide with menopause and

>with the severe trauma and stress of having been a crime victim (my

>best friend was murdered by my attorney in the white collar scam

>because I'd given him shares of stock in my company and he was

>killed in order to steal those shares that were soon valued at $18

>million.... Molly, was there during this and can verify that

>what I am saying is absolutely truthful) and also follow a severe

>incident with infectious mononucleosis so it is scientifically

>impossibly to say with certainty that the implants are the sole cause.

> >

> >

> > I have the same thing I'm 5 ft 4 and I'm a 10 now and was a 5

> >

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>Chemistry; 1963, Peace)

>

m/action/

>

>

Guest guest

Sherry,

I'm really sorry all of this has happened. I hope one day you can

take all these lemons and make lemonade out of it. Your story would

make an excellent book, have you ever considered writing one, or

having one written?

P.S. I don't know if you saw my message asking you to e-mail me at

auntsisnj@... for the name of the rheumatologist in New

Jersey, but I think if you paid her a visit, she might be able to

run some tests that might help you. Since you've got silicone and

have had them for more than 20 years, I am wondering if you would

test positive for silicone antibodies, which is something she would

test you for.

Sis

Sis

--- In , _00_ <5678@...>

wrote:

>

> My silicone implants were placed in 1974. In 1977, I developed

trigeminal neuralgia for which I still must take pain medication

every few hours. In 1980, I was diagnosed as hypothyroid. In 1985, I

had emergency back surgery for a herniated disk that fractured and

migrated such that a fragment was penetrating my spinal cord and

beginning an ascending paralysis. I weighed only 80 pounds, not at

all the typical candidate for such a disorder. In 1995 following

having been defrauded personally by a business associate of more

than $50 million and left destitute and homeless with a corporate

personal debt that, today, approached $16 million, I developed my

systemic skin rash from which I still suffer severely. I am scarred

all over my body from a decade of scratching. Currently, I have open

lesions all over my scalp, back and abdomen. At the same time, for

the first time, I began to gain weight. For the past five years,

nothing has been successful in my efforts to lose the excess 20

pounds. All my life I struggled with being underweight. Now, this

weight gain, hair loss and fatigue also coincide with menopause and

with the severe trauma and stress of having been a crime victim (my

best friend was murdered by my attorney in the white collar scam

because I'd given him shares of stock in my company and he was

killed in order to steal those shares that were soon valued at $18

million.... Molly, was there during this and can verify that

what I am saying is absolutely truthful) and also follow a severe

incident with infectious mononucleosis so it is scientifically

impossibly to say with certainty that the implants are the sole

cause.

> >

> >

> > I have the same thing I'm 5 ft 4 and I'm a 10 now and was a

> >

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

> Opinions expressed are NOT meant to take the place of advice

given by licensed health care professionals. Consult your physician

or licensed health care professional before commencing any medical

treatment.

>

mislead you. Find out what the facts are, and make your own

decisions about how to live a happy life and how to work for a

better world. " - Linus ing, two-time Nobel Prize Winner (1954,

Chemistry; 1963, Peace)

>

> See our photos website! Enter " implants " for access at this link:

> http://.shutterfly.com/action/

>

>

Guest guest

The reference ranges are skewed towards hypo..because those with

thyroid antibodies and family history of thyroid were not

excluded..there is a bit of a controversy about redoing the ranges.

Make sure it's FREE T4 and FREE T3 that is checked...and thyroid

antibodies - TPO and antithyroglobulin.

..3 with low thyroid hormone levels just about indicates central

hypo - originating from the pituitary. 90% of folks have a TSH

right around 1.

Cindi

>

> ..

> I am currently not on any thyroid medication. My doctor thought

> that I just had a sick thyroid.She did a full panel...TSH, T3,

T4,

> bound and unbound. All were low normal. Which to me was strange.

> If my TSH was .3, one would expect T4 or T3 to be high and they

> werent'.

> She also did an antibody test for Graves. I don't have that. My

> twin sister does....and my other sister is hypo...so...I am sure

> that my thyroid may need adjusting.

> After these implants are out...I will get it checked again.

Guest guest

I joined a little while ago - just out of curosity.

I do have saline implants. Maybe it's a bad thing to say here, but

I haven't had any problems...and like them.

I do believe, however...that the surgery and maybe the

implants...triggered my Hashi's from moderate into severe

mode...which wasn't such a bad thing because it finally got me

diagnosed and treated.

Cindi

>

> Hi Cindi!

> Are you new here?

>

> I remember stumbling across the stopthethyroidmadness website a

few months ago.

> Found it quite interesting and full of info! Is that your

website?

>

> Do you have implants now?

>

> And if you do, are you doing okay with them?

>

> I've been taking Armour on and off for a couple years now. Most

recently I picked it back up after being off for a couple years,

because I could tell my hormones were messing up. My periods were

getting really weird.

>

> I took too much thyroid though, and ended up with a major

headache for about a week. Once I cut the thyroid back, they went

away (my period probably make some impact in here too). In any

case, the weight isn't budging yet.

>

> I had hoped to see it do something once I started the thyroid

back up, but NOTHING!

> The armour didn't seem to make a bit of difference. I had fully

expected it to.

> <sigh> Nasty business, this thyroid stuff and weight issues!

> Patty

>

Guest guest

Hi Cindi,

It certainly is not a bad thing to say you haven't had problems, or that you

like your

impalnts. I liked mine for over 15 years, but I did not realize how sick they

were making

me at that time. (They ruptured at about 15 years).

I also do not believe that all women become ill from implants. My personal

belief is that

some women may be more predisposed to become ill from them.

Your comments about thyroid are excellent. My internist checked my antibodies,

which is

how she finally diagnosed Hashimoto's.

> >

> > Hi Cindi!

> > Are you new here?

> >

> > I remember stumbling across the stopthethyroidmadness website a

> few months ago.

> > Found it quite interesting and full of info! Is that your

> website?

> >

> > Do you have implants now?

> >

> > And if you do, are you doing okay with them?

> >

> > I've been taking Armour on and off for a couple years now. Most

> recently I picked it back up after being off for a couple years,

> because I could tell my hormones were messing up. My periods were

> getting really weird.

> >

> > I took too much thyroid though, and ended up with a major

> headache for about a week. Once I cut the thyroid back, they went

> away (my period probably make some impact in here too). In any

> case, the weight isn't budging yet.

> >

> > I had hoped to see it do something once I started the thyroid

> back up, but NOTHING!

> > The armour didn't seem to make a bit of difference. I had fully

> expected it to.

> > <sigh> Nasty business, this thyroid stuff and weight issues!

> > Patty

> >

>

Guest guest

I believe that if you have any autoimmune problems and still have

implants, you will have further problems as life goes on. If you

have thyroid problems, that is enough reason to have implants

removed. You are playing with dynamite.

Lynda

Lynda

At 07:14 PM 6/3/2006, you wrote:

>I joined a little while ago - just out of curosity.

>

>I do have saline implants. Maybe it's a bad thing to say here, but

>I haven't had any problems...and like them.

>

>I do believe, however...that the surgery and maybe the

>implants...triggered my Hashi's from moderate into severe

>mode...which wasn't such a bad thing because it finally got me

>diagnosed and treated.

>

>Cindi

>

>

>

>

> >

> > Hi Cindi!

> > Are you new here?

> >

> > I remember stumbling across the stopthethyroidmadness website a

>few months ago.

> > Found it quite interesting and full of info! Is that your

>website?

> >

> > Do you have implants now?

> >

> > And if you do, are you doing okay with them?

> >

> > I've been taking Armour on and off for a couple years now. Most

>recently I picked it back up after being off for a couple years,

>because I could tell my hormones were messing up. My periods were

>getting really weird.

> >

> > I took too much thyroid though, and ended up with a major

>headache for about a week. Once I cut the thyroid back, they went

>away (my period probably make some impact in here too). In any

>case, the weight isn't budging yet.

> >

> > I had hoped to see it do something once I started the thyroid

>back up, but NOTHING!

> > The armour didn't seem to make a bit of difference. I had fully

>expected it to.

> > <sigh> Nasty business, this thyroid stuff and weight issues!

> > Patty

> >

>

>

>

>

>

>

>Chemistry; 1963, Peace)

>

m/action/

>

>

Guest guest

With or without implants, autoimmunine disease can be tricky.

Without bona fide evidence of implants causing me problems, it would

seem rather risky and unnecessary to undergo surgery imo.

Believe me, I don't play with dynamite. I'm fully informed about my

autoimmune condition...and have regained my health despite

physicians trying to wrest it away from me.

cindi

In , Lynda <coss@...> wrote:

>

> I believe that if you have any autoimmune problems and still have

> implants, you will have further problems as life goes on. If you

> have thyroid problems, that is enough reason to have implants

> removed. You are playing with dynamite.

>

> Lynda

>

>

>

> Lynda

>

> At 07:14 PM 6/3/2006, you wrote:

> >I joined a little while ago - just out of curosity.

> >

> >I do have saline implants. Maybe it's a bad thing to say here,

but

> >I haven't had any problems...and like them.

> >

> >I do believe, however...that the surgery and maybe the

> >implants...triggered my Hashi's from moderate into severe

> >mode...which wasn't such a bad thing because it finally got me

> >diagnosed and treated.

> >

> >Cindi

> >

> >

> >

> >

> > >

> > > Hi Cindi!

> > > Are you new here?

> > >

> > > I remember stumbling across the stopthethyroidmadness

website a

> >few months ago.

> > > Found it quite interesting and full of info! Is that your

> >website?

> > >

> > > Do you have implants now?

> > >

> > > And if you do, are you doing okay with them?

> > >

> > > I've been taking Armour on and off for a couple years now.

Most

> >recently I picked it back up after being off for a couple years,

> >because I could tell my hormones were messing up. My periods were

> >getting really weird.

> > >

> > > I took too much thyroid though, and ended up with a major

> >headache for about a week. Once I cut the thyroid back, they went

> >away (my period probably make some impact in here too). In any

> >case, the weight isn't budging yet.

> > >

> > > I had hoped to see it do something once I started the thyroid

> >back up, but NOTHING!

> > > The armour didn't seem to make a bit of difference. I had

fully

> >expected it to.

> > > <sigh> Nasty business, this thyroid stuff and weight issues!

> > > Patty

> > >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >Opinions expressed are NOT meant to take the place of advice

given

> >by licensed health care professionals. Consult your physician or

> >licensed health care professional before commencing any medical

treatment.

> >

> > " Do not let either the medical authorities or the politicians

> >mislead you. Find out what the facts are, and make your own

> >decisions about how to live a happy life and how to work for a

> >better world. " - Linus ing, two-time Nobel Prize Winner

(1954,

> >Chemistry; 1963, Peace)

> >

> >See our photos website! Enter " implants " for access at this link:

>

><http://.shutterfly.com/action/>http://.sh

utterfly.com/action/

> >

> >

Guest guest

Cindi,

If you're happy with them and choose to keep them, just continue to

keep your eye on any changes to your health. Understandable that

you wouldn't want to mess with things if you believe it would rock

the apple cart. I'm sure you're already in tune with your body

since you've had immune issues already. Unfortunately, there's no

such thing as bona fide evidence because this is big business and

the manufacturers have been able to skirt the issue for many years.

If someone had done some serious investigating of why they make us

sick, then maybe there would be evidence, but bias studies have been

performed and none of them seem to look into exactly what causes

some of us to react adversely to implants.

Sis

> > > >

> > > > Hi Cindi!

> > > > Are you new here?

> > > >

> > > > I remember stumbling across the stopthethyroidmadness

> website a

> > >few months ago.

> > > > Found it quite interesting and full of info! Is that your

> > >website?

> > > >

> > > > Do you have implants now?

> > > >

> > > > And if you do, are you doing okay with them?

> > > >

> > > > I've been taking Armour on and off for a couple years

now.

> Most

> > >recently I picked it back up after being off for a couple years,

> > >because I could tell my hormones were messing up. My periods

were

> > >getting really weird.

> > > >

> > > > I took too much thyroid though, and ended up with a major

> > >headache for about a week. Once I cut the thyroid back, they

went

> > >away (my period probably make some impact in here too). In any

> > >case, the weight isn't budging yet.

> > > >

> > > > I had hoped to see it do something once I started the

thyroid

> > >back up, but NOTHING!

> > > > The armour didn't seem to make a bit of difference. I had

> fully

> > >expected it to.

> > > > <sigh> Nasty business, this thyroid stuff and weight

issues!

> > > > Patty

> > > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >Opinions expressed are NOT meant to take the place of advice

> given

> > >by licensed health care professionals. Consult your physician

or

> > >licensed health care professional before commencing any medical

> treatment.

> > >

> > > " Do not let either the medical authorities or the politicians

> > >mislead you. Find out what the facts are, and make your own

> > >decisions about how to live a happy life and how to work for a

> > >better world. " - Linus ing, two-time Nobel Prize Winner

> (1954,

> > >Chemistry; 1963, Peace)

> > >

> > >See our photos website! Enter " implants " for access at this

link:

> >

>

><http://.shutterfly.com/action/>http://.sh

> utterfly.com/action/

> > >

> > >

Guest guest

right...i'm very attune to not upsetting the apple cart. ;-)

The apple cart is pretty stable right now - but is easily upset.

Interestingly, I have actually remembered why I joined this group.

During some search some night, I ran across this group...and noticed

that the introduction read like a Hashimoto's/hypo list of

symptoms. That interested me...since I have both Hashi's and breast

implants.

I've very knowledgeable about Hashimoto's/hypo...and one thing I

have also done is show evidence that BDD (Body Dysmorphic Disorder)

is in some cases, due to Hashimoto's/hypo. Low T3 in the brain

causes terrible self image problems...to the point of agoraphobia at

times.

So - being as many BDDers end up in the plastic surgeons office...I

was somewhat curious as to whether other folks with breast implants

also had Hashimoto's. And so I have seen that that is true here.

It is my belief...totally unsupported but just speculative...that

many of you probably already had undiagnosed Hashimoto's....that may

have led you to the plastic surgeon's office to begin with. It's

just a theory. And I do know that surgery causes T3 levels to fall

and so if hashi's/hypo was already present, symptoms would have

intensified after the implant surgery. This is exactly what happened

to me. But my implants in no way caused the Hashi's. I have a

strong family history of thyroid dysfunction and my first symptoms

appeared after childbirth at age 23, as is common.

Additionally, given the poor treatment of Hashi's/hypo in this

country...I dare say many of you did not have hypo symptoms resolved

with adequate thyroid hormone treatment...thus possibly leading some

to believe the the implants were causing the remaining symptoms -

because of course the doc said your " TSH is in range " and it can't

be your thyroid.

Not trying to stir any controversy at all...I'm just observant..and

am wondering about these possibilities.

Also, for a Hashi's person - it is quite understandable that a

foreign implant would stir up the immune system being as autoimmune

disease is all about an immune system in overdrive. So I can

understand why implant removal might be quite beneficial if the

person is unable to stop antibody attack. I use Armour Thyroid in

suppressive TSH amounts/full replacement dosage - so this is

probably why I no longer experience any symptoms.

Cindi

--- In , " auntsisnj " <auntsisnj@...>

wrote:

>

> Cindi,

>

> If you're happy with them and choose to keep them, just continue

to

> keep your eye on any changes to your health. Understandable that

> you wouldn't want to mess with things if you believe it would rock

> the apple cart. I'm sure you're already in tune with your body

> since you've had immune issues already.

Guest guest

btw, I didn't mean evidence from the medical community..but rather

evidence in my own body.

i hate the medical community...and the pharmaceutical

community...and believe they are doing far more harm than good.

Logic and good sense tells us that putting foreign objects into our

body can not be a good thing....stirring up existing autoimmune

disease (my case) or being the environmental trigger for those

predisposed to autoimmune disease.

cindi

--- In , " auntsisnj " <auntsisnj@...>

wrote:

>

> Cindi,

>

> Unfortunately, there's no

> such thing as bona fide evidence because this is big business and

> the manufacturers have been able to skirt the issue for many

years.

> If someone had done some serious investigating of why they make us

> sick, then maybe there would be evidence, but bias studies have

been

> performed and none of them seem to look into exactly what causes

> some of us to react adversely to implants.

Guest guest

Cindi,

You said it. I couldn't agree more.

It is enough to turn one's stomach.

> >

> > Cindi,

> >

> > Unfortunately, there's no

> > such thing as bona fide evidence because this is big business and

> > the manufacturers have been able to skirt the issue for many

> years.

> > If someone had done some serious investigating of why they make us

> > sick, then maybe there would be evidence, but bias studies have

> been

> > performed and none of them seem to look into exactly what causes

> > some of us to react adversely to implants.

>