RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Re:

Rate this topic

Guest guest

LOL yeah I think so too ...

[Hepatitis_C_ Central] Telaprevir plus Pegylated Interferon and Ribavirin Produces Rapid Response and ITo: Hepatitis_C_ Central@yahoogro ups.comDate: Tuesday, July 22, 2008, 1:06 PM

Telaprevir plus Pegylated Interferon and Ribavirin Produces Rapid Response and Is Well Tolerated in 28-day Study By Liz HighleymanGiven the limited efficacy and difficult side effects of interferon-based therapy for chronic hepatitis C virus (HCV) infection, researchers are studying a variety of oral antiviral agents that directly target different steps of the viral lifecycle. One of the most promising is telaprevir (previously known as VX-950), an experimental HCV NS34A protease inhibitor being developed by Vertex Pharmaceuticals and Tibotec. As reported in the August 2008 Journal of Hepatology, Lawitz and colleagues conducted a small trial to assess the safety and antiviral activity of telaprevir added to standard combination therapy for chronic hepatitis C. The study included 12 treatment-naive patients with chronic genotype 1 HCV infection. All received 750 mg telaprevir every 8 hours plus 180 mcg/week pegylated interferon alfa-2a (Pegasys) and 1000-1200 mg/day weight-based ribavirin for 28 days. At the discretion of the investigator and patient, participants could then commence off-study treatment with Pegasys plus ribavirin without telaprevir for up to 44 weeks (for a total of 48 weeks, the standard duration of therapy for genotype 1). Results• The combination of telaprevir, pegylated interferon, and ribavirin was well tolerated, with no serious adverse events or treatment discontinuations. • Rash or pruritus (itching) occurred in 5 of the 12 patients; all cases resolved either during or after completion of telaprevir treatment. • All 12 patients experienced rapid viral response (RVR), or undetectable HCV RNA levels by day 28. • 8 of the participants underwent 44 weeks of off-study pegylated interferon plus ribavirin after finishing the telaprevir phase.• All 8 achieved sustained viral response (SVR), or undetectable HCV RNA 24 weeks after completion of therapy.• 1 individual who received only 22 weeks of treatment achieved SVR. In conclusion, the study authors wrote, "The combination of telaprevir, peginterferon alfa-2a, and ribavirin was generally well tolerated. Events of pruritus and rash resolved during or after end of telaprevir dosing. All 12 patients achieved an RVR."While this is one of the first studies of telaprevir to be published in a peer-reviewed journal, data from the larger and longer PROVE-1, PROVE-2, and PROVE-3 trials have been reported at recent scientific meetings.A majority of experts expect that directly targeted anti-HCV agents such as telaprevir will have to be used in combination with interferon for the foreseeable future, but addition of the new agents may allow for shorter therapy.Alamo Medical Research, San , TX; Fundacion de Investigacion de Diego San , Puerto Rico; Duke Clinical Research Institute, Duke University, Durham, NC; Vertex Pharmaceuticals Incorporated, Cambridge, MA.7/22/08References

Guest guest

He must be hanging in, he jokes..

Good for you! Though yes, we also care about

our other posting , he tends to go by Mike..

Subject: RE: To: Hepatitis_C_Central Date: Tuesday, July 29, 2008, 4:35 PM

Which ? 8-)

From: thestephanier <thestephanier@ yahoo.com>Sent: Tuesday, July 29, 2008 6:14 PMTo: Hepatitis_C_ Central@yahoogro ups.comSubject: [Hepatitis_C_ Central]

, how are you doing?

Guest guest

Yeah, I’m

doing better. The pain isn’t as bad, and I have more stamina.

I’ve been able to walk the dog around the block, which I could not do for

a while there. I still have some tremors, but they’ve been there

for a while. I’m thinking somewhat more clearly, and not nearly as

dizzy.

I saw my

shrink yesterday, and was disappointed that he didn’t increase my SSRI.

It seems I’m showing signs of Tardive Dyskinesia such as involuntary

tongue movements. (I did lots of LSD in the 60s, and have been on

anti-psychotics in the past due to damage the drugs did). The shrink was

surprised when I went over my drug and mental health history again. I

have less respect for him, but with insurance being what it is, I may be stuck

with this guy. He said he was surprised, as serotonergic drugs don’t

usually cause Tardive Dyskinesia, but he seemed to forget that Wellbutrin is

dopaminergic.

More will

be revealed.

m

Hepatitis_C_Central

[mailto:Hepatitis_C_Central ] On

Behalf Of Sheena

Sent: Tuesday, July 29, 2008 7:35

PM

To:

Hepatitis_C_Central

Subject: RE:

He must

be hanging in, he jokes..

Good

for you! Though yes, we also care about

our

other posting , he tends to go by Mike..

To: Hepatitis_C_Central

Date: Tuesday, July 29, 2008, 4:35 PM

Which ? 8-)

Guest guest

Hey ,

Some better is good!

Hmmm, no fun having a doc that won't give you what you need, though.

Especially when you are more knowledgeable than he is.. <sigh>

They don't all know this disease, or how it affects us, that's for sure.

Hope you can hang in, or find another doc, doesn't hurt to ask..

Be well,

Sheena

From: Matchinsky <mmatchinsky@ gmail.com>Subject: RE: [Hepatitis_C_ Central] To: Hepatitis_C_ Central@yahoogro ups.comDate: Tuesday, July 29, 2008, 4:35 PM

Which ? 8-)

Guest guest

Hi MikeMy mom had Tardive Dyskinesia ...years ago while she was on lots of meds,, and they did go away after a change in her meds.. I hope that your trouble will go away now that you are off the wellbutrin.. Its awful... I tell ya, these docs really dont know enough about all these psychotropic drugs.. it can be very scary.. Please keep us updated and Im glad that some of your anemia symptoms are getting better! How many more weeks do you have to do?Jackie

<mmatchinsky@ gmail.com>

Subject: RE: [Hepatitis_C_ Central]

To: Hepatitis_C_ Central@yahoogro ups.com

Which ? 8-)

Guest guest

About a

year to go…. I lost count.

m

Hepatitis_C_Central

Behalf Of Jackie on

Sent: Wednesday, July 30, 2008

1:42 PM

To:

Hepatitis_C_Central

Hi Mike

My mom had Tardive Dyskinesia ...years

ago while she was on lots of meds,, and they did go away after a change in

her meds.. I hope that your trouble will go away now that you are off

the wellbutrin.. Its awful... I tell ya, these docs really dont know enough

about all these psychotropic drugs.. it can be very scary..

Please keep us updated and Im glad that some of your anemia symptoms are

getting better! How many more weeks do you have to do?

Jackie

Matchinsky <mmatchinsky@ gmail.com>

Which

? 8-)

Guest guest

I wanted to check on the who was doing tx right now? Is that you ? If not then I hope that you are doing fine... are you ? and if you are How are you doing??

Subject: RE: To: Hepatitis_C_Central Date: Tuesday, July 29, 2008, 4:35 PM

Which ? 8-)

From: thestephanier <thestephanier@ yahoo.com>Sent: Tuesday, July 29, 2008 6:14 PMTo: Hepatitis_C_ Central@yahoogro ups.comSubject: [Hepatitis_C_ Central]

, how are you doing?

Guest guest

Are you doing 60 or 72 weeks ??? Most geno 1's do 48 weeks,, Jackie

Which

? 8-)

Guest guest

I’m

doing 72 weeks- this is my third treatment. I always respond quickly, but

have trouble sustaining.

m

Hepatitis_C_Central

Behalf Of Jackie on

7:02 PM

To:

Hepatitis_C_Central

Are you doing 60 or 72 weeks ??? Most geno 1's do 48

weeks,,

Jackie

Which ? 8-)

Guest guest

Yep, this

is that - about 1/3 of the way through 72 weeks. Things are better

since I stopped taking Wellbutrin. I sorta kinda feel I’m back to “treatment

baseline.” Still achy, tired, sore with brain farts and other

memory problems, but not as bad as I was for a while there.

Thanks for

asking.

m

Hepatitis_C_Central

Behalf Of Ruggio

6:11 PM

To:

Hepatitis_C_Central

I wanted to check on the who was doing

tx right now? Is that you ? If not then I hope that you are doing

fine... are you ? and if you are How are you doing??

Matchinsky

To: Hepatitis_C_Central

Which ? 8-)

thestephanier <thestephanier@ yahoo.com>

Sent: Tuesday, July 29,

2008 6:14 PM

To: Hepatitis_C_

Central@yahoogro ups.com

Subject: [Hepatitis_C_

Central]

, how are you doing?

Guest guest

Thanks for sharing that, , it helps others to know

that they may need to steer clear..

Sheena

From: Matchinsky <mmatchinsky@ gmail.com>Subject: RE: [Hepatitis_C_ Central] To: Hepatitis_C_ Central@yahoogro ups.comDate: Tuesday, July 29, 2008, 4:35 PM

Which ? 8-)

, how are you doing?

Guest guest

Have you changed anything else this time, besides length of treatment?

Which ? 8-)

Guest guest

Yes, I'm eating better. I've lost 100 pounds since the first of the year.mSent: Thursday, July 31, 2008 10:22 AMTo: Hepatitis_C_Central Subject: RE: Have you changed anything else this time, besides length of treatment? From: Matchinsky <mmatchinsky@ gmail.com>Subject: RE: [Hepatitis_C_ Central] To: Hepatitis_C_ Central@yahoogro ups.comDate: Tuesday, July 29, 2008, 4:35 PMWhich ? 8-)

Guest guest

As long as people remember that everyone reacts differently.m-----Original Message-----Sent: Thursday, July 31, 2008 10:21 AMTo: Hepatitis_C_Central Subject: RE: Thanks for sharing that, , it helps others to knowthat they may need to steer clear.. Sheena 

Guest guest

We all need to research drugs ever so carefully before going

"blindly into battle".. Even then, as you say, we all can

react differently..

As long as people remember that everyone reacts differently.m RE: [Hepatitis_C_ Central] Thanks for sharing that, , it helps others to knowthat they may need to steer clear.. Sheena

Guest guest

, good to hear that you are doing better, May the time pass fast and may you maintain undetectable forever!

S

Which ? 8-)

, how are you doing?

Guest guest

WOW!!!

Which ? 8-)

Guest guest

well lets hope this time will do itJackie

Which ? 8-)

Guest guest

I hate it when my balls don't work right!!

LOL

Love

Janet

"There are souls in this world that have the gift of finding joy everywhere and of leaving it behind them when they go"

Frederick Faber

Subject: To: "alfred bredeson" Date: Saturday, August 9, 2008, 11:51 AM

Mouse Balls and Mouse Ball Inspectors: I don't know how they wrote this with a straight face. This was a real memo sent out by IBM to its employees in all seriousness. It went to all field engineers about a computer peripheral problem. The author of this memo wasquite genuine. The engineers rolled on the floor! Especially note the last coupleof sentences. 'If a mouse fails to operate or should it perform erratically, itmay need a ball replacement. Mouse balls are now available as FRU (Field ReplacementUnits). Because of the delicate nature of this procedure, a replacement of mouseballs should only be attempted by properly trained

personnel. Before proceeding, determine the type of mouse balls by examining theunderside of the mouse. Domestic balls will be larger and harder than foreign balls. Ball removal procedures differ depending upon the manufacturer of themouse. Foreign balls can be replaced using the pop off method. Domestic balls arereplaced by using the twist off method. Mouse balls are not usually static sensitive. However, excessive handlingcan result in sudden discharge. Upon completion of ball replacement, the mouse may be used immediately.It is recommended that each person have a pair of spare balls for maintaining optimumcustomer

satisfaction. Any customer missing his balls should contact the local personnel incharge of removing and replacing these necessary items. Please keep in mind that a customer without properly working balls isan unhappy customer.'

Sharon in NW Washington

Knitting is...time and love made tangible. Alison Hyde

Guest guest

Thank you for bringing it to my attention,, I have tried to answer her,, IM very fearful for her to say the least!Jackie

From: Matchinsky <mmatchinsky@ gmail.com>Subject: [Hepatitis_C_ Central]To: Hepatitis_C_ Central@yahoogro ups.comDate: Monday, August 11, 2008, 9:28 AM

jpg width=434>

fd2 width=104>

Guest guest

I just read this to one of my own critizizers, thanks, Jackie,

what in the heck is wrong with people.. <sigh>

Hugs to you, {{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}, I'll fill in as

a mom until yours comes to her senses, if you like!

I am sorry your trip was such a disappointment.

Don't let it get to you, hon, you have a big extended

family now that cares about how you are doing.

As for your class, ask for the video if they have that, they

should be giving you a "package" from the drug company

with a bunch of goodies . The video and even the

instruction card really help when doing your injection the

first few times.

You will need to start to drink more filtered water, if you are

not already. Riba pills need to be taken every 12 hours,

so they are ever working. They will tell you when to start.

More "stuff", but you have a ways to go yet..

Hugs,

Sheena

, Ill email you privately with a letter you can use as a way to talk with her and explain how you feel,, and tell her that she is NOT helping you with being so critical,, many of us gain weight FROM this disease,, it affects our liver which produces many of the chemicals and enzymes that aid in digestion and weight control,, so tell her to knock it off! lolJackie

From: STEPHANIE COFFEE <srcoffee142001@ yahoo.com>Subject: [Hepatitis_C_ Central] Re:will be hit and miss for the next day or twoTo: Hepatitis_C_ Central@yahoogro ups.comDate: Friday, August 22, 2008, 3:58 PM

Hello everyone, I am back from my trip from Columbus, Ohio. For those of u that know my situation with my mom, well she treated me like sh--. She told me that i am not taking care of myself and she also told me that I was fat. She told me that I am NOT taking care of myself as far as the Hep. C goes. That I am not seeing my doc like I should and why haven't I started thee tx yet. I tried to tell her that i am waiting to get approved to help pay for my meds and once that starts then I will start. She also told me that she knows everything that has to do with the medical field. If that was the case she would not be treating me the way she is and she would understand why I do not have energy or why i am tired all the time. I must say I was happy to come back home. I did call the nurse from the liver clinic earlier this week to get my tx started for next month. I go for my 1 hour class on Tuesday Sept. 9 and that same

day I go pick up my tx. I will probably start it that following Friday or Saturday. My husband will be coming with me for the class that way he can get an idea of how I will be doing and all that. What type of questions should I ask during that 1 hour session? Any suggestions or advice would be great. Thanks for reading this far. G

Guest guest

its from ignorance AND arroganceJackie

From: STEPHANIE COFFEE <srcoffee142001@ yahoo.com>Subject: [Hepatitis_C_ Central] Re:will be hit and miss for the next day or twoTo: Hepatitis_C_ Central@yahoogro ups.comDate: Friday, August 22, 2008, 3:58 PM

Hello everyone, I am back from my trip from Columbus, Ohio. For those of u that know my situation with my mom, well she treated me like sh--. She told me that i am not taking care of myself and she also told me that I was fat. She told me that I am NOT taking care of myself as far as the Hep. C goes. That I am not seeing my doc like I should and why haven't I started thee tx yet. I tried to tell her that i am waiting to get approved to help pay for my meds and once that starts then I will start. She also told me that she knows everything that has to do with the medical field. If that was the case she would not be treating me the way she is and she would understand why I do not have energy or why i am tired all the time. I must say I was happy to come back home. I did call the nurse from the liver clinic earlier this week to get my tx started for next month. I go for my 1 hour class on Tuesday Sept. 9 and that same

day I go pick up my tx. I will probably start it that following Friday or Saturday. My husband will be coming with me for the class that way he can get an idea of how I will be doing and all that. What type of questions should I ask during that 1 hour session? Any suggestions or advice would be great. Thanks for reading this far.

G