RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Re:

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Way to go, , keep up the good fight, it will be worth it in the end.. wrote: I spoke with an attorney and he’s taking my case. On to the appeal.

Guest guest

YEAHHHHH ,,, we'll be keeping our fingers crossed, thinking good thoughts, and praying for you !!! wrote: I spoke with an attorney and he’s taking my case. On to the appeal. Jackie

Guest guest

I recall that now, and good for you, you are doing a super job making sure you are ready, I commend you, girl, I know it's not easy.. Sheena Brown wrote: Hey, I'm not starting the treatment for another three months, because I have only

been clean for about 3 months, and my gastro wants me clean for 6 months before we start. Since I have had so many relapses, she wants to make sure it won't happen while I am in treatment.

Guest guest

Hahahahaha only a red neck

THE GORILLA AND THE REDNECK

A small zoo in Indiana obtained a very rare species of gorilla. Within

a few weeks the gorilla, a female, became very difficult to handle.

Upon examination, the veterinarian determined the problem. The gorilla

was in heat. To make matters worse, there was no male gorilla available.

Thinking about their problem, the Zoo Keeper thought of Bobby Lee

Walton, a redneck part-time worker responsible for cleaning the animal

cages. Bobby Lee, like most rednecks, had little sense but possessed

ample ability to satisfy a female of any species.

The Zoo Keeper thought they might have a solution. Bobby Lee was

approached with a proposition. Would he be willing to mate with the

gorilla for $500.00?

Bobby Lee showed some interest, but said he would have to think the

matter over carefully. The following day, he announced that he would

accept their offer, but only under five conditions:

"First", Bobby Lee said, "I ain't gonna kiss her on the lips." The

Keeper quickly agreed to this condition.

"Second", he said, "She must wear a 'Dale Earnhardt Forever' T-Shirt."

The keeper again readily agreed to this condition.

"Third", he said, "you can't never tell no one about this." The keeper

again readily agreed to this condition.

"Fourth", Bobby Lee said, "I want all the children raised Southern

Baptist." Once again it was agreed.

"And last," Bobby Lee said, "I'll need another week to come up with

the $500.00

Sharon in NW Washington

Knitting is...time and love made tangible. Alison Hyde

Guest guest

That's the Best, Sharon!

gorilla for $500.00?

the $500.00

Sharon in NW Washington

Guest guest

Oh my Good Lord, sounds like most of the men in this area of the country. LOL JanetSHARON CROSBY wrote: THE GORILLA AND THE REDNECK A small zoo in Indiana obtained a very rare species of gorilla. Within a few weeks the gorilla, a female, became very difficult to handle. Upon examination, the veterinarian determined the problem. The gorilla was in heat. To make matters worse, there was no male gorilla available. Thinking about their problem, the Zoo Keeper thought of Bobby Lee Walton, a redneck part-time worker responsible for cleaning the animal cages. Bobby Lee, like most rednecks, had little sense but possessed ample ability to satisfy a female of any species. The Zoo Keeper thought they might have a solution. Bobby Lee was approached with a proposition. Would he be willing to mate with the gorilla for $500.00? Bobby Lee showed some interest, but said he would have to think the matter over

carefully. The following day, he announced that he would accept their offer, but only under five conditions: "First", Bobby Lee said, "I ain't gonna kiss her on the lips." The Keeper quickly agreed to this condition. "Second", he said, "She must

wear a 'Dale Earnhardt Forever' T-Shirt." The keeper again readily agreed to this condition. "Third", he said, "you can't never tell no one about this." The keeper again readily agreed to this condition. "Fourth", Bobby Lee said, "I want all the

children raised Southern Baptist." Once again it was agreed. "And last," Bobby Lee said, "I'll need another week to come up with the $500.00 Sharon in NW Washington Knitting is...time and love made tangible. Alison Hyde "There are souls in this world that have the gift of finding joy everywhere and of leaving it behind them when they go" Frederick Faber

Guest guest

How are YOU, lady, how are things going,

are you packing like crazy?

Love,

Sheena

gorilla for $500.00?

the $500.00

Sharon in NW Washington

"There are souls in this world that have the gift of finding joy everywhere and of leaving it behind them when they go"

Frederick Faber

Guest guest

, be sure to take copies of your last labs

with you to the 2nd opinion doctor.

Wishing good things for you..

Janet, my Dr. took off all meds till july 1st. It was killing me. going to get second opion.

[Hepatitis_C_ Central] Finally got health insurance again.

One of the reasons we are moving to San is that Dean has a permanant position down there. We found out after Dean accepted the job, that we could have had health insurance for a year here. But they neglected to tell him. Of course we would have had to pay for it, but it would have been at group rates. Dang all that time without health insurance. Now we have it.

I am just waiting for the insurance cards to come in!!!

I will be making appointments for all of us, for nothing else but wellness checks. And then I am going to see about re-treating for my Hep C.

I am tired of having this disease. I believe I am forearmed and forewarned about all the possibilities of treatment. I am hoping the doctors agree with me. If nothing else I want to be on a maintance program. But hopefully they will allow me to do the whole treatment program over again. I am in better shape than I was before and can do it.

Love

Janet

"There are souls in this world that have the gift of finding joy everywhere and of leaving it behind them when they go"

Frederick Faber

Guest guest

Reads much like a fairy tale, especially the part about the

suddenly loving and caring family, (and a GI that actually cares

and understands) wish we all could be so fortunate, but I am

really happy for you, hang on to that, it will see you through!

Hugs,

Sheena

Subject: Re: Treatment Pretransplant & PostTo: Hepatitis_C_Central Date: Monday, June 16, 2008, 7:18 AM

I am a busy body and a talker :) No one at Mayo Clinic escaped me without the third degree :) I was there for two weeks and now go up every 3 months and I always meet post transplant people. Lots of them and they are thrilled to share their story. Most are not recovering addicts, most are like me never abused their bodies in any way. All have had their transplants and gads they look great even 2 months after transplant. The ones who have years under their belt say they are only on 1 medication and its a very low dose. They all look fabulous and you would never know they had HepC and a liver transplant! I actually enjoy going to Mayo because it is filled with positive energy about TP. In my conversations with people the usual time frame for the virus to come back is 5 to 8 years after transplant unless you clear the virus before transplant. How quickly it accelerates depends on life style,

attitude, diet, current health issues and age. Most I talked to were my age or older.There are miracles!!!! People have spontaneously cleared the virus after transplant and never have it come back. That's what I look for miracles. Right now I have to dance to their tunes and rules but after transplant I WILL be using only alternatives along with the anti rejection medication. Hopefully with the miracles occurring in medicine I may even be able to get off the very toxic anti-rejection medication. I love my gastro doctor. He agrees with me that all this crappola medication I am on is slowly poisoning my body. Its all I have right now. None of the above is cold hard facts just info I gleaned during my stays at Mayo Clinic. The nurses are a wealth of information too!! Not everything about this virus has been negative for me. So far it has pulled people I had no idea cared about me closer.

My husband who for the past 6 years has been on a down hill side of retirement boredom, and becoming a mean cranky old man of 63, has changed completely!! ! Its actually brought us closer together and I am treated like a fragile glass princess :) He loves being needed! My family was never one to verbally express love. WOW I felt very uncomfortable when everyone started telling me how much they loved me each and every time we talk. They have all said if I need them call and they will be there instantly. I eat better and take better care of myself because I am retired and disabled. Life has slowed to a crawl which is new for me. All positives but of course the dang negatives far out weigh them :(>

>> > Rich, you are speaking as if in the same room! Have to check my > bugs > > again! As soon as these 2 apparent opptions arose, my wife, > , and > > I both wanted the transplant only. This other possibility just came > up a > > few days ago, so we're still learning and getting over the shock of > it. > > I like hearing that your transplant went so well, and if I could > come > > close to your quick recovery, I would be ecstatic! I'd be trippin, > man! > > The hell with the pain, we've all had that too many decades, but to > feel > > clear headed is unimaginable. Congrats to you Rich, and let's hope > I'll > > be less that a year after your surgery. Did you have to do another > full > > round of tx for the HCV after your body settled down

from the > surgery?> > > > Thanks again, Rich. from Rick>

Guest guest

She is indeed fortunate. When I first got my dx of Hep C, my husband and I were on the verge of divorce. He thought I had just given up on everything. The house was a mess, I didn't want to do anything. It was a trial to get up and even get a glass of water. He couldn't figure out how a vital,energetic woman could do a about face? He wanted answers. He asked our family doctor about it, and our doctor said he would run some test on me. Because it could be something physical. I didn't know what was going on. I just didn't have the enegry. I was sick all the time. And I had no explaination for why. Then we did the test for hepatitis virus. Neg for Hep A, Neg for B, Postive for Hep C. That changed the whole scenerio of our lives. My husband became a caring and loving person. It is funny how some folks grow closer after something like this happens to you. Some times it is like a fairy tale. Love JanetSheena wrote: Reads much like a fairy tale, especially the part about the suddenly loving and caring family, (and a GI that actually

cares and understands) wish we all could be so fortunate, but I am really happy for you, hang on to that, it will see you through! Hugs, Sheena From: <gremlin291989>Subject: Re: Treatment Pretransplant & PostTo: Hepatitis_C_Central Date: Monday, June 16, 2008, 7:18 AM I am a busy body and a talker :) No one at Mayo Clinic escaped me without the third degree :) I was there for two weeks and now go up every 3 months

and I always meet post transplant people. Lots of them and they are thrilled to share their story. Most are not recovering addicts, most are like me never abused their bodies in any way. All have had their transplants and gads they look great even 2 months after transplant. The ones who have years under their belt say they are only on 1 medication and its a very low dose. They all look fabulous and you would never know they had HepC and a liver transplant! I actually enjoy going to Mayo because it is filled with positive energy about TP. In my conversations with people the usual time frame for the virus to come back is 5 to 8 years after transplant unless you clear the virus before transplant. How quickly it accelerates depends on life style, attitude, diet, current health issues and age. Most I talked to were my age or older.There are miracles!!!! People have spontaneously cleared the virus after

transplant and never have it come back. That's what I look for miracles. Right now I have to dance to their tunes and rules but after transplant I WILL be using only alternatives along with the anti rejection medication. Hopefully with the miracles occurring in medicine I may even be able to get off the very toxic anti-rejection medication. I love my gastro doctor. He agrees with me that all this crappola medication I am on is slowly poisoning my body. Its all I have right now. None of the above is cold hard facts just info I gleaned during my stays at Mayo Clinic. The nurses are a wealth of information too!! Not everything about this virus has been negative for me. So far it has pulled people I had no idea cared about me closer. My husband who for the past 6 years has been on a down hill side of retirement boredom, and becoming a mean cranky old man of 63, has changed completely!! ! Its actually brought us closer

together and I am treated like a fragile glass princess :) He loves being needed! My family was never one to verbally express love. WOW I felt very uncomfortable when everyone started telling me how much they loved me each and every time we talk. They have all said if I need them call and they will be there instantly. I eat better and take better care of myself because I am retired and disabled. Life has slowed to a crawl which is new for me. All positives but of course the dang negatives far out weigh them :(> >> > Rich, you are speaking as if in the same room! Have to check my > bugs > > again! As soon as these 2 apparent opptions arose, my wife, > , and > > I both wanted the transplant only. This other possibility just came

> up a > > few days ago, so we're still learning and getting over the shock of > it. > > I like hearing that your transplant went so well, and if I could > come > > close to your quick recovery, I would be ecstatic! I'd be trippin, > man! > > The hell with the pain, we've all had that too many decades, but to > feel > > clear headed is unimaginable. Congrats to you Rich, and let's hope > I'll > > be less that a year after your surgery. Did you have to do another > full > > round of tx for the HCV after your body settled down from the > surgery?> > > > Thanks again, Rich. from Rick>"There are souls in this world that have the gift of finding joy everywhere and of leaving it behind them when they go" Frederick Faber

Guest guest

Oh not suddenly loving family :) We all kinda drifted apart but

always loved each other very much. When This happened I never

expected the outpouring of verbal love. This is not something my

family usually did and it made me very very uncomfortable. As far as

my husband we were comfortable with each other. We rarely argue and

we know each others " buttons " and push them only once in a great

while. I do know how exceptionally lucky I am because most people I

talk to have their spouse just walk out the door!!! This never

crossed my mind with my husband. We just cannot live without each

other :) I have had a very good life and our philosophy has always

been " Do no harm " and the law of return which means you get back into

your life what you put out :)

I used to do wildlife rehab in Connecticut. My favorite was squirrels

but oh I just got such a kick out of the possum babies hissing and

showing their teeth as if that would scare me :) I also cared for all

the injured and permanently disabled adult wildlife at the Lutz

Children's museum in Manchester, Connecticut. I am told I will not be

able to do that for awhile. While on treatment I cannot even interact

with my own pets which are a B & G Macaw, Congo African Grey, Medium

Sulfur Cockatoo and Corey my Lhasa Apso rescue from the humane

society. I was volunteering there but it was recommended I stop due

to my compromised immune system. After my TP I want to get back into

rehab work again. Maybe raptors because there are soooo many here in

Florida.

>

> Reads much like a fairy tale, especially the part about the

> suddenly loving and caring family, & nbsp; (and a GI that actually

cares

> and understands) wish we all could be so fortunate, but I am

> really happy for you, hang on to that, it will see you through!

> & nbsp;

> Hugs,

> Sheena

> & nbsp;

Guest guest

I have been married 30 years. Mine is so good to me. At one time ,I had gotten up to 11 shots, but my dr. said the meds were killing me. Go back July 1st. Then I will know what we are going to do.P

Re:

Oh not suddenly loving family :) We all kinda drifted apart but always loved each other very much. When This happened I never expected the outpouring of verbal love. This is not something my family usually did and it made me very very uncomfortable. As far as my husband we were comfortable with each other. We rarely argue and we know each others "buttons" and push them only once in a great while. I do know how exceptionally lucky I am because most people I talk to have their spouse just walk out the door!!! This never crossed my mind with my husband. We just cannot live without each other :) I have had a very good life and our philosophy has always been "Do no harm" and the law of return which means you get back into your life what you put out :) I used to do wildlife rehab in Connecticut. My favorite was squirrels but oh I just got such a kick out of the possum babies hissing and showing

their teeth as if that would scare me :) I also cared for all the injured and permanently disabled adult wildlife at the Lutz Children's museum in Manchester, Connecticut. I am told I will not be able to do that for awhile. While on treatment I cannot even interact with my own pets which are a B & G Macaw, Congo African Grey, Medium Sulfur Cockatoo and Corey my Lhasa Apso rescue from the humane society. I was volunteering there but it was recommended I stop due to my compromised immune system. After my TP I want to get back into rehab work again. Maybe raptors because there are soooo many here in Florida.>> Reads much like a fairy tale, especially the

part about the> suddenly loving and caring family, & nbsp; (and a GI that actually cares> and understands) wish we all could be so fortunate, but I am > really happy for you, hang on to that, it will see you through!> & nbsp;> Hugs,> Sheena> & nbsp;

Guest guest

Oh good luck and many blessings that you can do TX again. I

would not be surprised if I get all kinds of crappola side effects. I

hope for the best but realistically know its gonna be a major pain

process and one thing my Doctors do not like to prescribe is pain

medication :(

I am also still terrified of needles :) How the heck I am going to be

able to do this is beyond me. A dear friend of ours who is a MA said

she would be happy to stop by on shot night and stick it to me AGHHH.

My Doctors told me straight up TX could kill me (send me into liver

failure) and at the very least move me way up on the TP list. I still

am going to do TX and nothing will stop me except liver failure. I

will complete TX!! Shoot its only 6 months of hell :(

Nice to know there are other good wives and husbands out there. I

tell mine how very special he is almost every day.

-- In Hepatitis_C_Central , Putman

wrote:

>

> ,

>    I have been married 30 years. Mine is so good to me. At one

time ,I had gotten up to 11 shots, but my dr. said the meds were

killing me. Go back July 1st. Then I will know what we are going to

do.P

>

Guest guest

Did he give you copies of your Labs so you'd know

exactly where the problem was?

Had you reached undetectable at any point during those

6 months?

I know you are venting, this is sure a good place to do that.

It may be difficult to answer questions without more details..

Hang in..

Hi Sheena, I'am going to a hepatologiist at UAB in B'ham. What I want to know is my GI doctor stop all med because it was killing. We tried it for 6month and he said ,we have to stop. What I wanted to know is were do we go from here. Iam just venting. Thanks MARYP

[Hepatitis_C_ Central] Re: Starting Treatment Soon, Anxiety meds? Please helpTo: Hepatitis_C_ Central@yahoogro ups.comDate: Monday, June 16, 2008, 5:22 PM

They put off me starting TX due to depression, panic attacks and anxiety. When I was told I needed a liver transplant I kinda lost it. My Doctors at Mayo Clinic would not start me until I got a psychiatrist and had been on meds for 3 months. Then they would not start me until my psychiatrist gave her OK that I was stable enough. I got her approval and start TX in September.I believe the concerns are for all that we be in a stable state of mind for two reasons. #1 it taps out the seratonin in your brain which can lead to some very serious psychiatric issues. #2 If your not in a good place emotionally and most important have a really good support system in place, most people quit and never finish TX. This is what I was told by my Hepatologist at Mayo Clinic. I am in a very stable relationship of 28 years and have gobs of friends and family who will be here in a heartbeat if I need

them.>> Hello,> > I am newly diagnosed and will be starting treatment soon. I found out> that my hep c is the genotype 3 and doc says treatment of> interferon/ribaviri n for 6 months. I have had lifelong anxiety> untreated except for a few yrs ago I took zoloft and it helped but> only took it for a few months. I called my family doc and they are> calling in a script for zoloft 50mg . I was just thinking that if I am> already having anxiety and panic attacks, should I go ahead and take> the zoloft before starting treatment is it a good idea? Have any of> you taken meds for depression/anxiety with the treaments? My marriage> is in crisis,we are in

counseling and I just want to make sure I will> not freak out taking these treatments. Any input on what to expect> would be great.> > Thank you,> nne>

Guest guest

Sheena,

Yes I have done that. Go to dr in july. But I also have a bad liver. I am . Have not drank in 2years.Iam just worried. Again thanks for letting me vent.

[Hepatitis_C_ Central] Re: Starting Treatment Soon, Anxiety meds? Please helpTo: Hepatitis_C_ Central@yahoogro ups.comDate: Monday, June 16, 2008, 5:22 PM

They put off me starting TX due to depression, panic attacks and anxiety. When I was told I needed a liver transplant I kinda lost it. My Doctors at Mayo Clinic would not start me until I got a psychiatrist and had been on meds for 3 months. Then they would not start me until my psychiatrist gave her OK that I was stable enough. I got her approval and start TX in September.I believe the concerns are for all that we be in a stable state of mind for two reasons. #1 it taps out the seratonin in your brain which can lead to some very serious psychiatric issues. #2 If your not in a good place emotionally and most important have a really good support system in place, most people quit and never finish TX. This is what I was told by my Hepatologist at Mayo Clinic. I am in a very stable relationship of 28 years and have gobs of friends and family who will be here in a heartbeat if I need

them.>> Hello,> > I am newly diagnosed and will be starting treatment soon. I found out> that my hep c is the genotype 3 and doc says treatment of> interferon/ribaviri n for 6 months. I have had lifelong anxiety> untreated except for a few yrs ago I took zoloft and it helped but> only took it for a few months. I called my family doc and they are> calling in a script for zoloft 50mg . I was just thinking that if I am> already having anxiety and panic attacks, should I go ahead and take> the zoloft before starting treatment is it a good idea? Have any of> you taken meds for depression/anxiety with the

treaments? My marriage> is in crisis,we are in counseling and I just want to make sure I will> not freak out taking these treatments. Any input on what to expect> would be great.> > Thank you,> nne>

Guest guest

Try to ask lots of questions and get copies of all when

you go back in July. Not to worry so, there are new

things in clinical trials, one for sure in phase 3, may be

something better you can tolerate coming along..

From: <gremlin291989@ yahoo.com>Subject: [Hepatitis_C_ Central] Re: Starting Treatment Soon, Anxiety meds? Please helpTo: Hepatitis_C_ Central@yahoogro ups.comDate: Monday, June 16, 2008, 5:22 PM

them.>> Hello,> > I am newly diagnosed and will be starting treatment soon. I found out> that my hep c is the genotype 3 and doc says treatment of> interferon/ribaviri n for 6 months. I have had lifelong anxiety> untreated except for a few yrs ago I took zoloft and it helped but> only took it for a few months. I called my family doc and they are> calling in a script for zoloft 50mg . I was just thinking that if I am> already having anxiety and panic attacks, should I go ahead and take> the zoloft before starting treatment is it a good idea? Have any of> you taken meds for depression/anxiety with the treaments? My marriage> is in crisis,we are in

counseling and I just want to make sure I will> not freak out taking these treatments. Any input on what to expect> would be great.> > Thank you,> nne>

Guest guest

sheena just wanted to say i havent dran in a few years myself, isnt it great alcohol free Putman wrote: Sheena, Yes I have done that. Go to dr in july. But I also have a bad liver. I am . Have not drank in 2years.Iam just worried. Again thanks for letting me vent. [Hepatitis_C_ Central] Re: Starting Treatment Soon, Anxiety meds? Please helpTo: Hepatitis_C_ Central@yahoogro ups.comDate: Monday, June 16, 2008, 5:22 PM They put off me starting TX due to depression, panic attacks and anxiety. When I was told I needed a liver transplant I kinda lost it. My Doctors at Mayo Clinic would not start me until I got a psychiatrist and had been on meds for 3 months. Then they would not start me until my psychiatrist gave her OK that I was stable enough. I got her approval and start TX in September.I believe the concerns are for all that we be in a stable state of mind for two reasons. #1 it taps out the seratonin in your brain which can lead to some very serious psychiatric issues. #2 If your

not in a good place emotionally and most important have a really good support system in place, most people quit and never finish TX. This is what I was told by my Hepatologist at Mayo Clinic. I am in a very stable relationship of 28 years and have gobs of friends and family who will be here in a heartbeat if I need them.>> Hello,> > I am newly diagnosed and will be starting treatment soon. I found out> that my hep c is the genotype 3 and doc says treatment of> interferon/ribaviri n for 6 months. I have had lifelong anxiety> untreated except for a few yrs ago I took zoloft and it helped but> only took it for a few months. I called my

family doc and they are> calling in a script for zoloft 50mg . I was just thinking that if I am> already having anxiety and panic attacks, should I go ahead and take> the zoloft before starting treatment is it a good idea? Have any of> you taken meds for depression/anxiety with the treaments? My marriage> is in crisis,we are in counseling and I just want to make sure I will> not freak out taking these treatments. Any input on what to expect> would be great.> > Thank you,>

nne>

Guest guest

It sure makes your liver happier..

From: <gremlin291989@ yahoo.com>Subject: [Hepatitis_C_ Central] Re: Starting Treatment Soon, Anxiety meds? Please helpTo: Hepatitis_C_ Central@yahoogro ups.comDate: Monday, June 16, 2008, 5:22 PM

Guest guest

wow,, mine was at 7 for quite some time before we decided to stop.... JackieSubject: To: Hepatitis_C_Central Date: Monday, July 7, 2008, 1:44 PM

You are absolutely right about the hemoglobin numbers.

I received my latest blood today and it says normal range is 11.1 to

14.7. Mine was 12.8. However, mine was down below 9 when I was first put on

Procrit. I guess that’s why I didn’t think 10 was so bad…..LOL I remember being 8-something and they stopped the

Riba. They told me if I went down to 7, they’d discontinue the

interferon as well.

Guest guest

I am so sorry that you are having such a bad time of it, hoping the meds

help quickly!

From: <elizabethnv1@ earthlink. net>Subject: [Hepatitis_C_ Central] Telaprevir plus Pegylated Interferon and Ribavirin Produces Rapid Response and ITo: Hepatitis_C_ Central@yahoogro ups.comDate: Tuesday, July 22, 2008, 1:06 PM

Telaprevir plus Pegylated Interferon and Ribavirin Produces Rapid Response and Is Well Tolerated in 28-day Study By Liz HighleymanGiven the limited efficacy and difficult side effects of interferon-based therapy for chronic hepatitis C virus (HCV) infection, researchers are studying a variety of oral antiviral agents that directly target different steps of the viral lifecycle. One of the most promising is telaprevir (previously known as VX-950), an experimental HCV NS34A protease inhibitor being developed by Vertex Pharmaceuticals and Tibotec. As reported in the August 2008 Journal of Hepatology, Lawitz and colleagues conducted a small trial to assess the safety and antiviral activity of telaprevir added to standard combination therapy for chronic hepatitis C. The study included 12 treatment-naive patients with chronic genotype 1 HCV infection. All received 750 mg

telaprevir every 8 hours plus 180 mcg/week pegylated interferon alfa-2a (Pegasys) and 1000-1200 mg/day weight-based ribavirin for 28 days. At the discretion of the investigator and patient, participants could then commence off-study treatment with Pegasys plus ribavirin without telaprevir for up to 44 weeks (for a total of 48 weeks, the standard duration of therapy for genotype 1). Results• The combination of telaprevir, pegylated interferon, and ribavirin was well tolerated, with no serious adverse events or treatment discontinuations. • Rash or pruritus (itching) occurred in 5 of the 12 patients; all cases resolved either during or after completion of telaprevir treatment. • All 12 patients experienced rapid viral response (RVR), or undetectable HCV RNA levels by day 28. • 8 of the participants underwent 44 weeks of off-study pegylated interferon plus

ribavirin after finishing the telaprevir phase.• All 8 achieved sustained viral response (SVR), or undetectable HCV RNA 24 weeks after completion of therapy.• 1 individual who received only 22 weeks of treatment achieved SVR. In conclusion, the study authors wrote, "The combination of telaprevir, peginterferon alfa-2a, and ribavirin was generally well tolerated. Events of pruritus and rash resolved during or after end of telaprevir dosing. All 12 patients achieved an RVR."While this is one of the first studies of telaprevir to be published in a peer-reviewed journal, data from the larger and longer PROVE-1, PROVE-2, and PROVE-3 trials have been reported at recent scientific meetings.A majority of experts expect that directly targeted anti-HCV agents such as telaprevir will have to be used in combination with interferon for the foreseeable future, but addition of the new

agents may allow for shorter therapy.Alamo Medical Research, San , TX; Fundacion de Investigacion de Diego San , Puerto Rico; Duke Clinical Research Institute, Duke University, Durham, NC; Vertex Pharmaceuticals Incorporated, Cambridge, MA.7/22/08References

Guest guest

It took almost 2 weeks but now there is no more swelling in my legs and no problems breathing ....

[Hepatitis_C_ Central] Telaprevir plus Pegylated Interferon and Ribavirin Produces Rapid Response and ITo: Hepatitis_C_ Central@yahoogro ups.comDate: Tuesday, July 22, 2008, 1:06 PM

Telaprevir plus Pegylated Interferon and Ribavirin Produces Rapid Response and Is Well Tolerated in 28-day Study By Liz HighleymanGiven the limited efficacy and difficult side effects of interferon-based therapy for chronic hepatitis C virus (HCV) infection, researchers are studying a variety of oral antiviral agents that directly target different steps of the viral lifecycle. One of the most promising is telaprevir (previously known as VX-950), an experimental HCV NS34A protease inhibitor being developed by Vertex Pharmaceuticals and Tibotec. As reported in the August 2008 Journal of Hepatology, Lawitz and colleagues conducted a small trial to assess the safety and antiviral activity of telaprevir added to standard combination therapy for chronic hepatitis C. The study included 12 treatment-naive patients with chronic genotype 1 HCV infection. All received 750 mg telaprevir every 8 hours plus 180 mcg/week pegylated interferon alfa-2a (Pegasys) and 1000-1200 mg/day weight-based ribavirin for 28 days. At the discretion of the investigator and patient, participants could then commence off-study treatment with Pegasys plus ribavirin without telaprevir for up to 44 weeks (for a total of 48 weeks, the standard duration of therapy for genotype 1). Results• The combination of telaprevir, pegylated interferon, and ribavirin was well tolerated, with no serious adverse events or treatment discontinuations. • Rash or pruritus (itching) occurred in 5 of the 12 patients; all cases resolved either during or after completion of telaprevir treatment. • All 12 patients experienced rapid viral response (RVR), or undetectable HCV RNA levels by day 28. • 8 of the participants underwent 44 weeks of off-study pegylated interferon plus ribavirin after finishing the telaprevir phase.• All 8 achieved sustained viral response (SVR), or undetectable HCV RNA 24 weeks after completion of therapy.• 1 individual who received only 22 weeks of treatment achieved SVR. In conclusion, the study authors wrote, "The combination of telaprevir, peginterferon alfa-2a, and ribavirin was generally well tolerated. Events of pruritus and rash resolved during or after end of telaprevir dosing. All 12 patients achieved an RVR."While this is one of the first studies of telaprevir to be published in a peer-reviewed journal, data from the larger and longer PROVE-1, PROVE-2, and PROVE-3 trials have been reported at recent scientific meetings.A majority of experts expect that directly targeted anti-HCV agents such as telaprevir will have to be used in combination with interferon for the foreseeable future, but addition of the new agents may allow for shorter therapy.Alamo Medical Research, San , TX; Fundacion de Investigacion de Diego San , Puerto Rico; Duke Clinical Research Institute, Duke University, Durham, NC; Vertex Pharmaceuticals Incorporated, Cambridge, MA.7/22/08References

Guest guest

Knew you had been offline quite a bit, we were worried..

From: <elizabethnv1@ earthlink. net>Subject: [Hepatitis_C_ Central] Telaprevir plus Pegylated Interferon and Ribavirin Produces Rapid Response and ITo: Hepatitis_C_ Central@yahoogro ups.comDate: Tuesday, July 22, 2008, 1:06 PM

Telaprevir plus Pegylated Interferon and Ribavirin Produces Rapid Response and Is Well Tolerated in 28-day Study By Liz HighleymanGiven the limited efficacy and difficult side effects of interferon-based therapy for chronic hepatitis C virus (HCV) infection, researchers are studying a variety of oral antiviral agents that directly target different steps of the viral lifecycle. One of the most promising is telaprevir (previously known as VX-950), an experimental HCV NS34A protease inhibitor being developed by Vertex Pharmaceuticals and Tibotec. As reported in the August 2008 Journal of Hepatology, Lawitz and colleagues conducted a small trial to assess the safety and antiviral activity of telaprevir added to standard combination therapy for chronic hepatitis C. The study included 12 treatment-naive patients with chronic genotype 1 HCV infection. All received 750 mg

telaprevir every 8 hours plus 180 mcg/week pegylated interferon alfa-2a (Pegasys) and 1000-1200 mg/day weight-based ribavirin for 28 days. At the discretion of the investigator and patient, participants could then commence off-study treatment with Pegasys plus ribavirin without telaprevir for up to 44 weeks (for a total of 48 weeks, the standard duration of therapy for genotype 1). Results• The combination of telaprevir, pegylated interferon, and ribavirin was well tolerated, with no serious adverse events or treatment discontinuations. • Rash or pruritus (itching) occurred in 5 of the 12 patients; all cases resolved either during or after completion of telaprevir treatment. • All 12 patients experienced rapid viral response (RVR), or undetectable HCV RNA levels by day 28. • 8 of the participants underwent 44 weeks of off-study pegylated interferon plus

ribavirin after finishing the telaprevir phase.• All 8 achieved sustained viral response (SVR), or undetectable HCV RNA 24 weeks after completion of therapy.• 1 individual who received only 22 weeks of treatment achieved SVR. In conclusion, the study authors wrote, "The combination of telaprevir, peginterferon alfa-2a, and ribavirin was generally well tolerated. Events of pruritus and rash resolved during or after end of telaprevir dosing. All 12 patients achieved an RVR."While this is one of the first studies of telaprevir to be published in a peer-reviewed journal, data from the larger and longer PROVE-1, PROVE-2, and PROVE-3 trials have been reported at recent scientific meetings.A majority of experts expect that directly targeted anti-HCV agents such as telaprevir will have to be used in combination with interferon for the foreseeable future, but addition of the new

agents may allow for shorter therapy.Alamo Medical Research, San , TX; Fundacion de Investigacion de Diego San , Puerto Rico; Duke Clinical Research Institute, Duke University, Durham, NC; Vertex Pharmaceuticals Incorporated, Cambridge, MA.7/22/08References

Guest guest

Yeah I tried to go back to work , but my timing I guess was off .lol

[Hepatitis_C_ Central] Telaprevir plus Pegylated Interferon and Ribavirin Produces Rapid Response and ITo: Hepatitis_C_ Central@yahoogro ups.comDate: Tuesday, July 22, 2008, 1:06 PM

Telaprevir plus Pegylated Interferon and Ribavirin Produces Rapid Response and Is Well Tolerated in 28-day Study By Liz HighleymanGiven the limited efficacy and difficult side effects of interferon-based therapy for chronic hepatitis C virus (HCV) infection, researchers are studying a variety of oral antiviral agents that directly target different steps of the viral lifecycle. One of the most promising is telaprevir (previously known as VX-950), an experimental HCV NS34A protease inhibitor being developed by Vertex Pharmaceuticals and Tibotec. As reported in the August 2008 Journal of Hepatology, Lawitz and colleagues conducted a small trial to assess the safety and antiviral activity of telaprevir added to standard combination therapy for chronic hepatitis C. The study included 12 treatment-naive patients with chronic genotype 1 HCV infection. All received 750 mg telaprevir every 8 hours plus 180 mcg/week pegylated interferon alfa-2a (Pegasys) and 1000-1200 mg/day weight-based ribavirin for 28 days. At the discretion of the investigator and patient, participants could then commence off-study treatment with Pegasys plus ribavirin without telaprevir for up to 44 weeks (for a total of 48 weeks, the standard duration of therapy for genotype 1). Results• The combination of telaprevir, pegylated interferon, and ribavirin was well tolerated, with no serious adverse events or treatment discontinuations. • Rash or pruritus (itching) occurred in 5 of the 12 patients; all cases resolved either during or after completion of telaprevir treatment. • All 12 patients experienced rapid viral response (RVR), or undetectable HCV RNA levels by day 28. • 8 of the participants underwent 44 weeks of off-study pegylated interferon plus ribavirin after finishing the telaprevir phase.• All 8 achieved sustained viral response (SVR), or undetectable HCV RNA 24 weeks after completion of therapy.• 1 individual who received only 22 weeks of treatment achieved SVR. In conclusion, the study authors wrote, "The combination of telaprevir, peginterferon alfa-2a, and ribavirin was generally well tolerated. Events of pruritus and rash resolved during or after end of telaprevir dosing. All 12 patients achieved an RVR."While this is one of the first studies of telaprevir to be published in a peer-reviewed journal, data from the larger and longer PROVE-1, PROVE-2, and PROVE-3 trials have been reported at recent scientific meetings.A majority of experts expect that directly targeted anti-HCV agents such as telaprevir will have to be used in combination with interferon for the foreseeable future, but addition of the new agents may allow for shorter therapy.Alamo Medical Research, San , TX; Fundacion de Investigacion de Diego San , Puerto Rico; Duke Clinical Research Institute, Duke University, Durham, NC; Vertex Pharmaceuticals Incorporated, Cambridge, MA.7/22/08References

Guest guest

You are a trooper, just a bit ahead of yourself, hon..