RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Re: I give up......

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Baths did work for my son. It was the only time he didn't scream! :)Sent from my iPad

When my son was a baby and wouldn't stop crying we would walk and walk - one day my husband turned the water on at the kitchen sink and he stopped! Guess he liked the sound of the water! With my oldest daughter I used to sit her on the dryer in an infant seat while the clothes were drying. I know some people who drive their kids around - never tried that one, though.

To: "autism-aspergers " <autism-aspergers > Sent: Wednesday, April 25, 2012 11:27 AMSubject: Re: I give up......

Does anything comfort him? make him stop screaming? How old is he? My had to be on a pre-digested formula called Nutramiguen....(spelling this wrong, I know)

To: autism-aspergers Sent: Wednesday, April 25, 2012 12:03 PMSubject: Re: I give up......

Yea peyton has been screaming so much he has completely lost his voice. And when I asked the dr about it she said hes just colicy, so idk------------------------------>That sounds like my . I couldn't put him down either. I told my cousin that I wore the front pouch thing to do my chores just so that he was happy. She said she's put him down and let him scream......that is like the theory you hear about food....."if they are hungry enough they'll eat" ummmm.....no, mine will keep screaming and he'll starve too. >> > >>>>________________________________> >To: autism-aspergers >Sent: Tuesday, April 24, 2012 8:20 PM>Subject: Re: I give up......> >> >>>Yeah, I attached a picture of colton when he fell into the table. And he just simply looked at me like what the hell is that table doing there? And walked off. Coltons younger brother will be 3 months old tomorrow and I literally can not put him down fir even a second or hes screaming his head off. Almost like hes in pain its very strange and he has a milk allergy and hes got acid reflux, so he has to sit up all the time.>>------------------------------>>>>I think it may be a matter of not being engaged with our own bodies. I know if I get up in the

morning and it is cold and I dress warmly, if it comes out warm - even if it gets over 30C - I probably won't notice i need to remove any clothes. I have also been known to dress for warm weather and then need reminding (this is why we have mothers and wives :) ) to put something else on. I don't always notice small things that cause pain. I am just focused on other things. My son is much the same. But when it comes to emotional or mental discomfort - that is another thing! My son cried almost constantly if not being held for the first 10 months of his life. But after that, if he fell over, sometimes he cried, sometimes he didn't. Usually not much at all - nothing like from the distress of not being held. He took years to learn to put out his hands to break his fall, but even when he put his teeth through his lips and there was blood everywhere, it>was more a whimper than a cry. The only time he really cried was if he couldn't see me when it

happened. Once I was there, it was fine.>>>>Strange thing is, if I cut my nails and there is even the slightest 'catch' on anything it drives me mad. My wife has often commented I fuss over my nails worse than any woman. It's just that if they are not smooth, then any contact with anything is like fingernails screeching on a blackboard. Did anyone else have a teacher who did that to get attention? Not sure how I survived a year without getting up and hitting her hard. Maybe because I was only 7 at the time :)>>>>>>>>>> �Just piggy-backing on what said- my son with Asperger's has an incredibly high tolerance for pain.� He's now 10. If he cried (as a baby, toddler, or even now) we knew it was very bad... usually involving blood or worse.� It's bizarre the level of pain he can handle!!�>> >> >>

On Tue, Apr 24, 2012 at 3:57 PM, sara degeer <bradleysmommy1@... wrote:>> >> �>> [Attachment(s) <#136e5ee3c4d375be_TopText> from sara degeer>> included below]>> Yes he rocks all the time It took the sores a couple months to>> heal because he would keep rocking. Colton has a very high pain>> tolerance as well just the other day he was sitting in my lap and>> started throwing a fit and did the limp noodle thing and slid out>> of my lap and when his knees hit the floor he kinda lunged forward>> and hit his forehead on the coffee table that is in the videos

and>> didn't even cry. Just looked at me funny and walked away with a>> lump sticking out of his head about a 1/4 of an inch. It was huge>> and he should've cried. Here is a picture of it seconds after it>> happened. He was more upset that I was trying to hold him still to>> take the pic. :(>> >> ---------------------------------------------------------->> *From:* and > >> *To:* "autism-aspergers >> <mailto:autism-aspergers >">> <autism-aspergers >> <mailto:autism-aspergers >>> *Sent:* Tuesday, April 24, 2012 3:47 PM>> *Subject:* Re: I give up......>> >> �>> You mentioned the scars on his back from rocking? When the scars>> are sores does it stop him from rocking? My daughter has what

I>> think is an incredibly high tolerance for pain. When she has>> skinned her knees and does this weird sound thing but won't cry.>> She does freak out at the sight of blood even if it is not her>> own. I think it is all part of the sensory issues.�>> >> Ella did not speak until after her second birthday, but she did a>> lot of stuff early. When she finally did speak she was very>> articulate (well for a 26 -27 month old) if you or anyone wants to>> look at her videos let me know, I will give you the link.>> >> As for toys Ella has/has the�opposite�of the Midas Touch, she>> intentionally took apart or broke most of her toys.�>> �>> */If guns kill people then pencils cause misspelled words/*>> >> ---------------------------------------------------------->> *From:* sara degeer

> >> *To:* "autism-aspergers >> <mailto:autism-aspergers >">> <autism-aspergers >> <mailto:autism-aspergers >>> *Sent:* Tuesday, April 24, 2012 1:35 PM>> *Subject:* Re: I give up......>> >> �>> No Colton doesn't talk. He babbles like a little baby, but no real>> words. He talks to himself almost constantly. And the rocking is>> all day and all night. He has scars from rocking, on his back he>> has like these lesion things from rocking against hard surfaces>> and it wont ever heal cause he continues to do it so often. I have>> been trying to get him to point at stuff since before he was a>> year old. And I wish he played normal with his toys seeing as how>> he has so many of them. I feel like half the time we just waste>> our money on toys because he doesn't play with them instead he>>

just carries them around the house in his hand and/or throws them>> at people.�>> >> ---------------------------------------------------------->> *From:* Lori Yurtin >> *To:* autism-aspergers >> <mailto:autism-aspergers >>> *Sent:* Tuesday, April 24, 2012 2:06 PM>> *Subject:* Re:

I give up......>> >> �>> One more thing. �He is darling! �And, although in isolation,>> rocking and spinning can be perfectly normal...if he isn't>> talking...isn't pointing...doesn't play appropiately with most>> toys...doesn't reference....etc, etc...he is on the spectrum.>> �Please don't doubt yourself. �If I waited, my son would never>> have learned to talk...NEVER! �My son also is "gifted" but has>> classic autism. �And, he is currently mainstreamed in 3rd grade.>> �I may homeschool him next year, though. �>> >> >> >> Please BOYCOTT the movie 21 Jump Street! It makes fun of those>> with autism!>> https://www.facebook.com/BoycottMovie21JumpStreetForAutism>> >> >> >> >> > >> Subject: I give up......>> To: "autism-aspergers >> <mailto:autism-aspergers >">> <autism-aspergers >> <mailto:autism-aspergers >>> Date: Tuesday, April 24, 2012, 10:48 AM>> >> �>> So for the last 7 weeks that Coltons therapist has been coming>> to see him he has only showed up 3 times. He is suppose to>> come once a week for an hour. When he

cancels he texts me>> minutes away from the appt. time. Which I find ridiculous. So>> I called yesterday to have Early Steps try and get me a>> different Therapist. And to have Colton tested for ASD. And to>> get him into a Gifted school. They accept children that have>> anything from developmental delays to Severe Retardation. And>> you can start at 18 months old. Everything went good til>> today. When The old Therapist comes to my house and is like>> well can you tell me why I'm not on your case anymore? And I>> calmly explained to him that I need someone more reliable. He>> mentioned that I should not seek a dx and that I should wait a>> few years if I am told to do so. And then he goes on to talk>> about how everyone at the office is "talking" about "certain>> parents" that only want their child dx so they can

receive>> government benefits. And said that they don't say names cause>> they aren't allowed to but didn't think any of it was about>> me. I in no way shape or form want anything from the>> government only the right kind of care for my child. I am>> extremely hurt by what he said. And Think that you know maybe>> there isn't anything wrong with him. Maybe he's just weird and>> quirky. I can't stop thinking about it. I don't know what to>> do. I am really starting to question if there is anything>> wrong at all. :-/>> >> >> P.S. This is my Son>> Colton�http://www.youtube.com/user/bradleysmommy1?feature=mhee>> >> >> >> >> >> >> >> >>

>> >> No virus found in this message.>> Checked by AVG - www.avg.com <http://www.avg.com>>> Version: 2012.0.1913 / Virus Database: 2411/4957 - Release Date: 04/24/12>> >>>

=

Guest guest

Not to much will, no. He is on te same kind of thing bu its called Similac Alimentum. To: "autism-aspergers " <autism-aspergers > Sent: Wednesday, April 25, 2012 12:27 PM Subject: Re: I give up......

Does anything comfort him? make him stop screaming? How old is he? My had to be on a pre-digested formula called Nutramiguen....(spelling this wrong, I know) To: autism-aspergers Sent: Wednesday, April 25, 2012 12:03 PM Subject: Re:

I give up......

Yea peyton has been screaming so much he has completely lost his voice. And when I asked the dr about it she said hes just colicy, so idk

------------------------------

>That sounds like my . I couldn't put him down either. I told my cousin that I wore the front pouch thing to do my chores just so that he was happy. She said she's put him down and let him scream......that is like the theory you hear about food....."if they are hungry enough they'll eat" ummmm.....no, mine will keep screaming and he'll starve too.

>

>

>

>

>

>

>________________________________

>

>To: autism-aspergers

>Sent: Tuesday, April 24, 2012 8:20 PM

>Subject: Re: I give up......

>

>

>

>

>

>Yeah, I attached a picture of colton when he fell into the table. And he just simply looked at me like what the hell is that table doing there? And walked off. Coltons younger brother will be 3 months old tomorrow and I literally can not put him down fir even a second or hes screaming his head off. Almost like hes in pain its very strange and he has a milk allergy and hes got acid reflux, so he has to sit up all the time.

>

>------------------------------

>

>

>>I think it may be a matter of not being engaged with our own bodies. I know if I get up in the morning and it is cold and I dress warmly, if it comes out warm - even if it gets over 30C - I probably won't notice i need to remove any clothes. I have also been known to dress for warm weather and then need reminding (this is why we have mothers and wives :) ) to put something else on. I don't always notice small things that cause pain. I am just focused on other things. My son is much the same. But when it comes to emotional or mental discomfort - that is another thing! My son cried almost constantly if not being held for the first 10 months of his life. But after that, if he fell over, sometimes he cried, sometimes he didn't. Usually not much at all - nothing like from the distress of not being held. He took years to learn to put out his hands to break his fall, but even when he put his teeth through his lips and there was blood

everywhere, it

>was more a whimper than a cry. The only time he really cried was if he couldn't see me when it happened. Once I was there, it was fine.

>>

>>Strange thing is, if I cut my nails and there is even the slightest 'catch' on anything it drives me mad. My wife has often commented I fuss over my nails worse than any woman. It's just that if they are not smooth, then any contact with anything is like fingernails screeching on a blackboard. Did anyone else have a teacher who did that to get attention? Not sure how I survived a year without getting up and hitting her hard. Maybe because I was only 7 at the time :)

>>

>>

>>

>>

>> �Just piggy-backing on what said- my son with Asperger's has an incredibly high tolerance for pain.� He's now 10. If he cried (as a baby, toddler, or even now) we knew it was very bad... usually involving blood or worse.� It's bizarre the level of pain he can handle!!�

>>

>>

>> On Tue, Apr 24, 2012 at 3:57 PM, sara degeer <bradleysmommy1@... wrote:

>>

>> �

>> [Attachment(s) <#136e5ee3c4d375be_TopText> from sara degeer

>> included below]

>> Yes he rocks all the time It took the sores a couple months to

>> heal because he would keep rocking. Colton has a very high pain

>> tolerance as well just the other day he was sitting in my lap and

>> started throwing a fit and did the limp noodle thing and slid out

>> of my lap and when his knees hit the floor he kinda lunged forward

>> and hit his forehead on the coffee table that is in the videos and

>> didn't even cry. Just looked at me funny and walked away with a

>> lump sticking out of his head about a 1/4 of an inch. It was huge

>> and he should've cried. Here is a picture of it seconds after it

>> happened. He was more upset that I was trying to hold him still to

>> take the pic. :(

>>

>> ----------------------------------------------------------

>> *From:* and <alexandriairma@...

>>

>> *To:* "autism-aspergers

>> <mailto:autism-aspergers >"

>> <autism-aspergers

>> <mailto:autism-aspergers >

>> *Sent:* Tuesday, April 24, 2012 3:47 PM

>> *Subject:* Re: I give up......

>>

>> �

>> You mentioned the scars on his back from rocking? When the scars

>> are sores does it stop him from rocking? My daughter has what I

>> think is an incredibly high tolerance for pain. When she has

>> skinned her knees and does this weird sound thing but won't cry.

>> She does freak out at the sight of blood even if it is not her

>> own. I think it is all part of the sensory issues.�

>>

>> Ella did not speak until after her second birthday, but she did a

>> lot of stuff early. When she finally did speak she was very

>> articulate (well for a 26 -27 month old) if you or anyone wants to

>> look at her videos let me know, I will give you the link.

>>

>> As for toys Ella has/has the�opposite�of the Midas Touch, she

>> intentionally took apart or broke most of her toys.�

>> �

>> */If guns kill people then pencils cause misspelled words/*

>>

>> *From:* sara degeer <bradleysmommy1@...

>>

>> <autism-aspergers

>> *Sent:* Tuesday, April 24, 2012 1:35 PM

>>

>> �

>> No Colton doesn't talk. He babbles like a little baby, but no real

>> words. He talks to himself almost constantly. And the rocking is

>> all day and all night. He has scars from rocking, on his back he

>> has like these lesion things from rocking against hard surfaces

>> and it wont ever heal cause he continues to do it so often. I have

>> been trying to get him to point at stuff since before he was a

>> year old. And I wish he played normal with his toys seeing as how

>> he has so many of them. I feel like half the time we just waste

>> our money on toys because he doesn't play with them instead he

>> just carries them around the house in his hand and/or throws them

>> at people.�

>>

>> *From:* Lori Yurtin <loriyurtin@...

>>

>> *To:* autism-aspergers

>> *Sent:* Tuesday, April 24, 2012 2:06 PM

>>

>> �

>> One more thing. �He is darling! �And, although in isolation,

>> rocking and spinning can be perfectly normal...if he isn't

>> talking...isn't pointing...doesn't play appropiately with most

>> toys...doesn't reference....etc, etc...he is on the spectrum.

>> �Please don't doubt yourself. �If I waited, my son would never

>> have learned to talk...NEVER! �My son also is "gifted" but has

>> classic autism. �And, he is currently mainstreamed in 3rd grade.

>> �I may homeschool him next year, though. �

>>

>>

>>

>> Please BOYCOTT the movie 21 Jump Street! It makes fun of those

>> with autism!

>> https://www.facebook.com/BoycottMovie21JumpStreetForAutism

>>

>>

>>

>>

>> From: sara degeer <bradleysmommy1@...

>>

>> Subject: I give up......

>> To: "autism-aspergers

>> <autism-aspergers

>> Date: Tuesday, April 24, 2012, 10:48 AM

>>

>> �

>> So for the last 7 weeks that Coltons therapist has been coming

>> to see him he has only showed up 3 times. He is suppose to

>> come once a week for an hour. When he cancels he texts me

>> minutes away from the appt. time. Which I find ridiculous. So

>> I called yesterday to have Early Steps try and get me a

>> different Therapist. And to have Colton tested for ASD. And to

>> get him into a Gifted school. They accept children that have

>> anything from developmental delays to Severe Retardation. And

>> you can start at 18 months old. Everything went good til

>> today. When The old Therapist comes to my house and is like

>> well can you tell me why I'm not on your case anymore? And I

>> calmly explained to him that I need someone more reliable. He

>> mentioned that I should not seek a dx and that I should wait a

>> few years if I am told to do so. And then he goes on to talk

>> about how everyone at the office is "talking" about "certain

>> parents" that only want their child dx so they can receive

>> government benefits. And said that they don't say names cause

>> they aren't allowed to but didn't think any of it was about

>> me. I in no way shape or form want anything from the

>> government only the right kind of care for my child. I am

>> extremely hurt by what he said. And Think that you know maybe

>> there isn't anything wrong with him. Maybe he's just weird and

>> quirky. I can't stop thinking about it. I don't know what to

>> do. I am really starting to question if there is anything

>> wrong at all. :-/

>>

>>

>> P.S. This is my Son

>> Colton�http://www.youtube.com/user/bradleysmommy1?feature=mhee

>>

>>

>>

>>

>>

>>

>>

>>

>>

>>

>> No virus found in this message.

>> Checked by AVG - www.avg.com <http://www.avg.com>

>> Version: 2012.0.1913 / Virus Database: 2411/4957 - Release Date: 04/24/12

>>

>

>

>

Guest guest

Yeah it really does suck. I wish I had a bigger family. I have no cousins or anything. To: "autism-aspergers " <autism-aspergers > Sent: Wednesday, April 25, 2012 12:29 PM Subject: Re: I give up......

I have felt the same way. My mom says go back to school....so and so did it....and I'll say yeah, but her Mother lived with her and watched her son when she wasn't home. Who is going to live with me? Yeah, respectfully, shut up Mom! I don't have any help!! To: autism-aspergers Sent: Wednesday,

April 25, 2012 11:55 AM Subject: Re: I give up......

I wish it was that easy for me I have my husband but he works all the time. And my mom works full time and then when she gets home takes care of my sisters kids while she works. And that is pretty much the extent of my family. And no real friends that would help. :( and I have noticed that a lot people find it hard to beleive that someone could have absolutely no one to rely on, but I am one of those people.

>Wow, that is hard. It really sounds like you might have postpartum

>depression going on...or just your bipolar rearing it's ugly head. You

>probably need to get checked and maybe talk to someone. You have to take

>care of yourself so that you can take care of the kids. Have you tried a

>sling to help with carrying the baby around. They are wonderful and easy and

>comfortable. Do you have help (daddy, grandparents, aunts/uncles, friend..

>)? Try to arrange someone to come and hold the baby while you play with your

>son or get a nap. Have you tried a swing for the baby. If it is the movement

>that he likes then maybe a swing or bouncy chair would help. You could look

>at getting a 'mother's helper' ... a preteen or early teen that can gain

>babysitting experience and help you out some. You usually don't have to pay

>them as much. Sleep when the baby sleeps, if possible.

>

>Good luck and don't give up. 'and this too shall pass!'

>

>

>

> 

>Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you;

>Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.

>One died for your soul; the other for your freedom.

>-- I give up......

>> >

>> >

>> > So for the last 7 weeks that Coltons therapist has been coming to see

>him he has only showed up 3 times. He is suppose to come once a week for an

>hour. When he cancels he texts me minutes away from the appt. time. Which I

>find ridiculous. So I called yesterday to have Early Steps try and get me a

>different Therapist. And to have Colton tested for ASD. And to get him into

>a Gifted school. They accept children that have anything from developmental

>delays to Severe Retardation. And you can start at 18 months old. Everything

>went good til today. When The old Therapist comes to my house and is like

>well can you tell me why I'm not on your case anymore? And I calmly

>explained to him that I need someone more reliable. He mentioned that I

>should not seek a dx and that I should wait a few years if I am told to do

>so. And then he goes on to talk about how everyone at the office is "talking

> about "certain parents" that only want their child dx so they can

>> receive government benefits. And said that they don't say names cause

>they aren't allowed to but didn't think any of it was about me. I in no way

>shape or form want anything from the government only the right kind of care

>for my child. I am extremely hurt by what he said. And Think that you know

>maybe there isn't anything wrong with him. Maybe he's just weird and quirky.

>I can't stop thinking about it. I don't know what to do. I am really

>starting to question if there is anything wrong at all. :-/

>> >

>> >

>> > P.S. This is my Son Colton http://www.youtube

>com/user/bradleysmommy1?feature=mhee

>> >

>> >

>> >

>> >

>> >

>>

>>

>

>

>

>

Guest guest

Colton is so little he is only 21 pounds and he is 20 months. The people at WIC told me he needs to be on an all fat diet and I need to add a tablespoon of butter to all of his food to make him gain weight. YEAH RIGHT!!!! I will never do such a thing. Maybe this is just who he is and how he is suppose to be. Before I got pregnant I was 98 lbs. and 5 foot. Those people are crazy. To:

"autism-aspergers " <autism-aspergers > Sent: Wednesday, April 25, 2012 3:46 PM Subject: Re: I give up......

That is so awesome! I want to homeschool next year!My son was 30lbs at 10 months! No way could I carry him! Lol!Sent from my iPhone

My son is on the spectrum. I believe in attachment parenting & my son too cried often as a baby if he was t held. I carried him on me for the first year of his life! He was then ready to do his own thing. If he cried I always rushed to his side to help him. It wasn't enabling him but more of showing him I was there. My son is 6 now & when he's hurt he will hop around saying ouch but generally no tears at all. Only reason he ever cries is if he is interrupted when speaking. I feel that with autistic children the parents are tired & trying to 'fix' their child. I have embraced that my son is not typical but when I treat him with respect & really take the time to learn how he is feeling then we go without any issues! My son was in traditional kindergarten & each day he flipped further into himself. I pulled him out. We unschool & homeschool & My sin is more typical than ever!!!Bless,Breanna

Schultz

Mine was happy as long as he was held. He didn't cry when I held him! To: "autism-aspergers " <autism-aspergers > Cc: "autism-aspergers " <autism-aspergers > Sent: Wednesday, April 25, 2012 11:17 AM

Subject: Re: I give up......

My Chase was like that and he screamed even if I held him. Plus, he is a twin. I had no choice but to let him scream on many occasions. :(Sent from my iPhone

That sounds like my . I couldn't put him down either. I told my cousin that I wore the front pouch thing to do my chores just so that he was happy. She said she's put him down and let him scream......that is like the theory you hear about food....."if they are hungry enough they'll eat" ummmm.....no, mine will keep screaming and he'll starve too. To: autism-aspergers Sent: Tuesday, April 24, 2012 8:20 PM Subject: Re: I give up......

Yeah, I attached a picture of colton when he fell into the table. And he just simply looked at me like what the hell is that table doing there? And walked off. Coltons younger brother will be 3 months old tomorrow and I literally can not put him down fir even a second or hes screaming his head off. Almost like hes in pain its very strange and he has a milk allergy and hes got acid reflux, so he has to sit up all the time.

>I think it may be a matter of not being engaged with our own bodies. I know if I get up in the morning and it is cold and I dress warmly, if it comes out warm - even if it gets over 30C - I probably won't notice i need to remove any clothes. I have also been known to dress for warm weather and then need reminding (this is why we have mothers and wives :) ) to put something else on. I don't always notice small things that cause pain. I am just focused on other things. My son is much the same. But when it comes to emotional or mental discomfort - that is another thing! My son cried almost constantly if not being held for the first 10 months of his life. But after that, if he fell over, sometimes he cried, sometimes he didn't. Usually not much at all - nothing like from the distress of not being held. He took years to learn to put out his hands to break his fall, but even when he put his teeth through his lips and there was blood everywhere,

it

was more a whimper than a cry. The only time he really cried was if he couldn't see me when it happened. Once I was there, it was fine.

>

>Strange thing is, if I cut my nails and there is even the slightest 'catch' on anything it drives me mad. My wife has often commented I fuss over my nails worse than any woman. It's just that if they are not smooth, then any contact with anything is like fingernails screeching on a blackboard. Did anyone else have a teacher who did that to get attention? Not sure how I survived a year without getting up and hitting her hard. Maybe because I was only 7 at the time :)

>

>

>

>

>> �Just piggy-backing on what said- my son with Asperger's has an incredibly high tolerance for pain.� He's now 10. If he cried (as a baby, toddler, or even now) we knew it was very bad... usually involving blood or worse.� It's bizarre the level of pain he can handle!!�

>>

>>

>>

>> �

>> included below]

>>

>>

>> <autism-aspergers

>>

>> �

>>

>>

>> �

>>

>>

>> <autism-aspergers

>>

>> �

>> at people.�

>>

>>

>>

>> �

>>

>>

>>

>> with autism!

>>

>>

>>

>>

>>

>> <autism-aspergers

>>

>> �

>>

>>

>> P.S. This is my Son

>>

>>

>>

>>

>>

>>

>>

>>

>>

>>

>>

=

Guest guest

How RUDE!!!!!!! There are enough people in this world who are overweight....if his Dr isn't concerned...no worries!LoriPlease BOYCOTT the movie 21 Jump Street! It makes fun of those with autism!

https://www.facebook.com/BoycottMovie21JumpStreetForAutism--- Subject: Re: I give up......To: "autism-aspergers " <autism-aspergers >Date: Thursday, April 26, 2012, 11:54 AM

Colton is so little he is only 21 pounds and he is 20 months. The people at WIC told me he needs to be on an all fat diet and I need to add a tablespoon of butter to all of his food to make him gain weight. YEAH RIGHT!!!! I will never do such a thing. Maybe this is just who he is and how he is suppose to be. Before I got pregnant I was 98 lbs. and 5 foot. Those people are crazy. To:

"autism-aspergers " <autism-aspergers > Sent: Wednesday, April 25, 2012 3:46 PM Subject: Re: I give up......

That is so awesome! I want to homeschool next year!My son was 30lbs at 10 months! No way could I carry him! Lol!Sent from my iPhone

My son is on the spectrum. I believe in attachment parenting & my son too cried often as a baby if he was t held. I carried him on me for the first year of his life! He was then ready to do his own thing. If he cried I always rushed to his side to help him. It wasn't enabling him but more of showing him I was there. My son is 6 now & when he's hurt he will hop around saying ouch but generally no tears at all. Only reason he ever cries is if he is interrupted when speaking. I feel that with autistic children the parents are tired & trying to 'fix' their child. I have embraced that my son is not typical but when I treat him with respect & really take the time to learn how he is feeling then we go without any issues! My son was in traditional kindergarten & each day he flipped further into himself. I pulled him out. We unschool & homeschool & My sin is more typical than ever!!!Bless,Breanna

Schultz

Mine was happy as long as he was held. He didn't cry when I held him! To: "autism-aspergers " <autism-aspergers > Cc: "autism-aspergers " <autism-aspergers > Sent: Wednesday, April 25, 2012 11:17 AM

My Chase was like that and he screamed even if I held him. Plus, he is a twin. I had no choice but to let him scream on many occasions. :(Sent from my iPhone

That sounds like my . I couldn't put him down either. I told my cousin that I wore the front pouch thing to do my chores just so that he was happy. She said she's put him down and let him scream......that is like the theory you hear about food....."if they are hungry enough they'll eat" ummmm.....no, mine will keep screaming and he'll starve too. To: autism-aspergers Sent: Tuesday, April 24, 2012 8:20 PM Subject: Re: I give up......

Yeah, I attached a picture of colton when he fell into the table. And he just simply looked at me like what the hell is that table doing there? And walked off. Coltons younger brother will be 3 months old tomorrow and I literally can not put him down fir even a second or hes screaming his head off. Almost like hes in pain its very strange and he has a milk allergy and hes got acid reflux, so he has to sit up all the time.

>I think it may be a matter of not being engaged with our own bodies. I know if I get up in the morning and it is cold and I dress warmly, if it comes out warm - even if it gets over 30C - I probably won't notice i need to remove any clothes. I have also been known to dress for warm weather and then need reminding (this is why we have mothers and wives :) ) to put something else on. I don't always notice small things that cause pain. I am just focused on other things. My son is much the same. But when it comes to emotional or mental discomfort - that is another thing! My son cried almost constantly if not being held for the first 10 months of his life. But after that, if he fell over, sometimes he cried, sometimes he didn't. Usually not much at all - nothing like from the distress of not being held. He took years to learn to put out his hands to break his fall, but even when he put his teeth through his lips and there was blood everywhere,

it

was more a whimper than a cry. The only time he really cried was if he couldn't see me when it happened. Once I was there, it was fine.

>

>Strange thing is, if I cut my nails and there is even the slightest 'catch' on anything it drives me mad. My wife has often commented I fuss over my nails worse than any woman. It's just that if they are not smooth, then any contact with anything is like fingernails screeching on a blackboard. Did anyone else have a teacher who did that to get attention? Not sure how I survived a year without getting up and hitting her hard. Maybe because I was only 7 at the time :)

>

>

>

>

>>

>>

>>

>> �

>> included below]

>>

>>

>> <autism-aspergers

>>

>> �

>>

>>

>> �

>>

>>

>> <autism-aspergers

>>

>> �

>> at people.�

>>

>>

>>

>> �

>>

>>

>>

>> with autism!

>>

>>

>>

>>

>>

>> <autism-aspergers

>>

>> �

>>

>>

>> P.S. This is my Son

>>

>>

>>

>>

>>

>>

>>

>>

>>

>>

>>

=

Guest guest

Wow, thats crazy I think if Colton ever told me He hated me, I think a piece of me would just die. I love all of my kids the same I would do anything in the world for anyone one of them but Colton just has a really special place in my heart. And his anger hurts me the most. I never really paid much attention to the nose rubbing thing I knew he did it a lot. Even when he just gets excited he rubs his nose. Even if he doesn't have snot. And everyone keeps asking me if he ways his hands in front of his face but he didn't use to but have been noticing that when he is holding his brush he waves that like on the side of his face. and now he has started taking the back of his hand and rubbing it back and forth really fast against his lips. but he usually only does that when he is mad and crying. I feel like everyday

he starts something new. I used to think he was just mildly autistic if at all. but now i feel like it may be getting much worse. Because everything i have read and from what people tell me is usually kids dont start showing signs til about right now where as he has had them almost his whole life, and are just getting worse. :( To: autism-aspergers Sent: Wednesday, April 25, 2012 6:10 PM Subject: Re: I give

up......

Hi Sara,You ARE seeing what you think you are seeing in your son. I watched your vodeos of him and it's like looking at me and my youngest. His nerves are in overdrive and he's responding to that by melting down. If you notice, he rubs his nose a lot, not just because it's running from crying but because it is tingling. The stimming he does is his way of trying to calm down the sensations his little body is going through, neurologically and anxiety.

I see him lashing out then he'll hug you. He is trying to tell you what is going on inside him and that he is sorry. I've lived this my entire life inside, it's like a war inside, and you cannot stop it, so you just want to scream. I'm 44 years old and I still have these same issues, and have learned to be by myself when I feel out of control. My son melted down like this, and at 7, still does, but not as often. Now it comes out in defiance against his brother and me.

My son wears a compression suit from the time he wakes up, until bedtime. His school and occupational therapist said that they notice a big difference in him since he got his SPIO suit. I notice that he's able to calm himself more now than prior. I would love to have an adult sized SPIO suit myself, but I don't have the money or the insurance to get one.

My youngest's meltdowns were violent toward me and my son, they still are, but now his is more able to talk instead of hit/punch/shove first. I think the difference was when he gained his ability speak better. He still struggles but he can tell me better what has upset him. Until that happened, it was so bad, we had to remove all knives from the kitchen because he would go get one and either throw it at me or my oldest, or threaten to stab us "I stab you." He hasn't done that in a long time. He mostly tells me he hates me when he's mad, and I remind him, "No, you don't hate me, you are mad at me."

Please don't let this therapist stop you from pursuing what Colton needs most, intervention and help as early as possible. Keep seeking until someone will listen. I had friends tell me nothing was wrong with my sons or me, that, Ethan was just acting out for attention. I finally got him evaluated and now he is in IEP and Speech/Occu therapy. They are helping so much, especially with the behavioral and eating issues

Ashton (Aspie Mom with 2 Autistic sons)

So for the last 7 weeks that Coltons therapist has been coming to see him he has only showed up 3 times. He is suppose to come once a week for an hour. When he cancels he texts me minutes away from the appt. time. Which I find ridiculous. So I called yesterday to have Early Steps try and get me a different Therapist. And to have Colton tested for ASD. And to get him into a Gifted school. They accept children that have anything from developmental delays to Severe Retardation. And you can start at 18 months old. Everything went good til today. When The old Therapist comes to my house and is like well can you tell me why I'm not on your case anymore? And I calmly explained to him that I need someone more reliable. He mentioned that I should not seek a dx and that I should wait a few years if I am told to do so.

And then he goes on to talk about how everyone at the office is "talking" about "certain parents" that only want their child dx so they can receive government benefits. And said that they don't say names cause they aren't allowed to but didn't think any of it was about me. I in no way shape or form want anything from the government only the right kind of care for my child. I am extremely hurt by what he said. And Think that you know maybe there isn't anything wrong with him. Maybe he's just weird and quirky. I can't stop thinking about it. I don't know what to do. I am really starting to question if there is anything wrong at all. :-/

P.S. This is my Son Colton http://www.youtube.com/user/bradleysmommy1?feature=mhee

Guest guest

I lurk here a lot but felt like I needed to respond here this time.

Lol. Those people at WIC are nuts!!! They told me that the reason my son was on the 5% for height was because he was a picky eater and not eating properly. Could be cause he is built just like his dad who is maybe 5'8'' with shoes.

For diet to affect height take generations!!! Don't listen to them.

Sent from Yahoo! Mail on Android

Lori Yurtin ;

To:

<autism-aspergers >;

Subject:

Re: I give up......

Sent:

Thu, Apr 26, 2012 7:01:23 PM

How RUDE!!!!!!! There are enough people in this world who are overweight....if his Dr isn't concerned...no worries!LoriPlease BOYCOTT the movie 21 Jump Street! It makes fun of those with autism!

https://www.facebook.com/BoycottMovie21JumpStreetForAutism--- Subject: Re: I give up......To: " autism-aspergers " <autism-aspergers >Date: Thursday, April 26, 2012, 11:54 AM

" autism-aspergers " <autism-aspergers > Sent: Wednesday, April 25, 2012 3:46 PM Subject: Re: I give up......

My son is on the spectrum. I believe in attachment parenting & my son too cried often as a baby if he was t held. I carried him on me for the first year of his life! He was then ready to do his own thing. If he cried I always rushed to his side to help him. It wasn't enabling him but more of showing him I was there. My son is 6 now & when he's hurt he will hop around saying ouch but generally no tears at all. Only reason he ever cries is if he is interrupted when speaking. I feel that with autistic children the parents are tired & trying to 'fix' their child. I have embraced that my son is not typical but when I treat him with respect & really take the time to learn how he is feeling then we go without any issues! My son was in traditional kindergarten & each day he flipped further into himself. I pulled him out. We unschool & homeschool & My sin is more typical than

ever!!!Bless,Breanna

Schultz

Mine was happy as long as he was held. He didn't cry when I held him! To: " autism-aspergers " <autism-aspergers > Cc: " autism-aspergers "

<autism-aspergers > Sent: Wednesday, April 25, 2012 11:17 AM

That sounds like my . I couldn't put him down either. I told my cousin that I wore the front pouch thing to do my chores just so that he was happy. She said she's put him down and let him scream......that is like the theory you hear about food..... " if they are hungry enough they'll eat " ummmm.....no, mine will keep screaming and he'll starve too. To: autism-aspergers Sent: Tuesday, April 24, 2012 8:20 PM Subject: Re: I give up......

>I think it may be a matter of not being engaged with our own bodies. I know if I get up in the morning and it is cold and I dress warmly, if it comes out warm - even if it gets over 30C - I probably won't notice i need to remove any clothes. I have also been known to dress for warm weather and then need reminding (this is why we have mothers and wives :) ) to put something else on. I don't always notice small things that cause pain. I am just focused on other things. My son is much the same. But when it comes to emotional or mental discomfort - that is another thing! My son cried almost constantly if not being held for the first 10 months of his life. But after that, if he fell over, sometimes he cried, sometimes he didn't. Usually not much at all - nothing like from the distress of not being held. He took years to learn to put out his hands to break his fall, but even when he put his teeth through his lips and there was blood

everywhere,

it

>

>

>

>

>

>>

>>

>>

>> �

>> included below]

>>

>>

>> *To:* " autism-aspergers

>> <mailto:autism-aspergers > "

>> <autism-aspergers

>>

>> �

>>

>>

>> �

>>

>>

>> *To:* " autism-aspergers

>> <autism-aspergers

>>

>> �

>> at people.�

>>

>>

>>

>> �

>> have learned to talk...NEVER! �My son also is " gifted " but has

>>

>>

>>

>> with autism!

>>

>>

>>

>>

>>

>> To: " autism-aspergers

>> <autism-aspergers

>>

>> �

>> about how everyone at the office is " talking " about " certain

>> parents " that only want their child dx so they can receive

>>

>>

>> P.S. This is my Son

>>

>>

>>

>>

>>

>>

>>

>>

>>

>>

>>

=

Guest guest

Colton is obsessed with hair brushes and hair. When he is calm he loves to touch everyones hair. But when he is angry he tries to rip it all out even his own. And his brush is used primarily as a weapon. But when I take it from him he gets completely uncontrollable. And few people have asked well is his brush out of sight out of mind? Absolutely not. It is the first thing he thinks about when he wakes up and the last when he goes to bed. When I get him out of bed in the morning he immediately walk straight to the bathroom and goes for the brush or as many as he can hold. I cant even brush his hair at night because then I have to take the brush away and I dont wanna get him all worked up before bed. To: autism-aspergers Sent: Wednesday, April 25, 2012 6:21 PM Subject: Re: I give up......

Yes, both my sons and I are/were like this. My son has been going through therapy on how to appropriately play with toys, but he still takes one toy and uses it for a whole different purpose than what it was intended for, mostly as some sort of weapon. His two favorite toys were the handle to a guitar hero and a homemade baseball bat, both used as weapons where he walks incessently battling whatever it is he's thinking about and making this tsssssss noise. He'll do this for hours. He hasn't ever hit anyone with them, nor made threats to people with them, so It's not been something that I felt the need to try to control in him, as long as he remembers not to smash things when "playing" with them.

No Colton doesn't talk. He babbles like a little baby, but no real words. He talks to himself almost constantly. And the rocking is all day and all night. He has scars from rocking, on his back he has like these lesion things from rocking against hard surfaces and it wont ever heal cause he continues to do it so often. I have been trying to get him to point at stuff since before he was a year old. And I wish he played normal with his toys seeing as how he has so many of them. I feel like half the time we just waste our money on toys because he doesn't play with them instead he just carries them around the house in his hand and/or throws them at people.

To: autism-aspergers

Sent: Tuesday, April 24, 2012 2:06 PM Subject: Re: I give up......

One more thing. He is darling! And, although in isolation, rocking and spinning can be perfectly normal...if he isn't talking...isn't pointing...doesn't play appropiately with most toys...doesn't reference....etc, etc...he is on the spectrum. Please don't doubt yourself. If I waited, my son would never have learned to talk...NEVER! My son also is "gifted" but has classic autism. And, he is currently mainstreamed in 3rd grade. I may homeschool him next year, though.

Please BOYCOTT the movie 21 Jump Street! It makes fun of those with autism!

https://www.facebook.com/BoycottMovie21JumpStreetForAutism---

Subject: I give up......

To: "autism-aspergers " <autism-aspergers >

Date: Tuesday, April 24, 2012, 10:48 AM

So for the last 7 weeks that Coltons therapist has been coming to see him he has only showed up 3 times. He is suppose to come once a week for an hour. When he cancels he texts me minutes away from the appt. time. Which I find ridiculous. So I called yesterday to have Early Steps try and get me a different Therapist. And to have Colton tested for ASD. And to get him into a Gifted school. They accept children that have anything from developmental delays to Severe Retardation. And you can start at 18 months old. Everything went good til today. When The old Therapist comes to my house and is like well can you tell me why I'm not on your case anymore? And I calmly explained to him that I need someone more reliable. He mentioned that I should not seek a dx and that I should wait a

few years if I am told to do so.

And then he goes on to talk about how everyone at the office is "talking" about "certain parents" that only want their child dx so they can receive government benefits. And said that they don't say names cause they aren't allowed to but didn't think any of it was about me. I in no way shape or form want anything from the government only the right kind of care for my child. I am extremely hurt by what he said. And Think that you know maybe there isn't anything wrong with him. Maybe he's just weird and quirky. I can't stop thinking about it. I don't know what to do. I am really starting to question if there is anything wrong at all. :-/

P.S. This is my Son Colton http://www.youtube.com/user/bradleysmommy1?feature=mhee

Guest guest

hmmmm, that is interesting. I would like to know more about this compression suit. To: autism-aspergers Sent: Wednesday, April 25, 2012 6:26 PM Subject: Re: I give up......

Yes, my son does this upside down thing all the time on the couch. I tell him couches are for sitting not standing on your head, and the only reason is because he gets so wild when he does it, his feet flail. He does the same thing in his bed when trying to calm down to sleep. It's a pressure need on his head, like his compression suit does for him.

Ashton

Well everyone keeps telling me that he clearly can't have ASD because of the eye contact. But I keep coming into contact with people who have ASD or know someone that does and they are telling me different. And one person then pointed out the very extreme or intense eye contact almost like he is starring you down isn't so great either. And since I have had the baby, I have been noticing the same things in him and I am terrified. I don't wanna do this again. Only this time the new baby is not nearly as happy as Colton was as a baby. And Colton now has this new thing where he wants to watch everything upside down, like all the time and will walk bent over with his head on the floor. Its kinda funny actually... And thank you I love it when he

smiles it's so contagious. :)

Sent: Tuesday, April 24, 2012 3:01 PM Subject: Re: I give up......

Chase always made good eye contact! :). Sent from my iPhone

Yea Colton was the same way he didn't learn how to roll over until he was 7 1/2 months old. Which is fairly late as it is in your case as well. He also couldn't crawl, sit up. He would smile at you all day long but never babbled or anything he didnt start that til about a year old. The only thing is with Colton he has amazing eye contact with his immediate family and my mom. But for strangers its very intense staring or he wont look at you at all. and when he stares at people i have noticed it make some people upset. I think it makes them feel uncomfortable.

To: autism-aspergers Sent: Tuesday, April 24, 2012 1:59 PM

I heard the same thing! We are in CA and used Early Intervention when my son was 10 months old and still wasn't rolling over, crawling, couldn't sit, etc. He also was VERY clearly on the spectrum as he wasn't babbling, didn't respond to his name, wasn't pointing, flapped and didn't play with any toys. Just stared at them from different angles.

He started with PT. A shrink came to our home and told me "You are just looking for a dx. Everyone just wants a dx to get more services. It isn't right." I responded with "Are you kidding me? My kid has ever sign of autism there is...and, you think I want this? I don't want this....I just want help for my child!"

She proceeded to tell me "Well, if you want a dx, go get it." I flipping

did. He was 20

months and there was NO questioning it. CLASSIC AUTISM! I got 25 hours per week of playbased ABA from that "B* & C^", OT and speech therapy. Not from her directly...but, she had to approve it.

She wasn't happy. Basically, they say this because many parents will listen and then they don't have to shell out the cash for these kids. ;-(Don't listen to that wackadoodle!

LoriPlease BOYCOTT the movie 21 Jump Street! It makes fun of those with autism!

https://www.facebook.com/BoycottMovie21JumpStreetForAutism

Date: Tuesday, April 24, 2012, 1:48 PM

So for the last 7 weeks that Coltons therapist has been coming to see him he has only showed up 3 times. He is suppose to come once a week for an hour. When he cancels he texts me minutes away from the appt. time. Which I find ridiculous. So I called yesterday to have Early Steps try and get me a different Therapist. And to have Colton tested for ASD. And to get him into a Gifted school. They accept children that have anything from developmental delays to Severe Retardation. And you can start at 18 months old. Everything went good til today. When The old Therapist comes to my house and is like well can you tell me why I'm not on your case anymore? And I calmly explained to him that I need someone more reliable. He mentioned that I should not seek a dx and that I should wait a few years if I am

told to do so. And then he

goes on to talk about how everyone at the office is "talking" about "certain parents" that only want their child dx so they can receive government benefits. And said that they don't say names cause they aren't allowed to but didn't think any of it was about me. I in no way shape or form want anything from the government only the right kind of care for my child. I am extremely hurt by what he said. And Think that you know maybe there isn't anything wrong with him. Maybe he's just weird and quirky. I can't stop thinking about it. I don't know what to do. I am really starting to question if there is anything wrong at all. :-/

Guest guest

My son showed signs of autism almost from birth. He would stare at bright lights, trees moving and anything that spun. He never turned to our voices like his twin sister did from a very early age. I told his Ped that he had autism during a 7/8week well care visit! Yes, things got worse before they got better. Before intensive therapy (25-30 hours each week!)He never moved so much so that he developed a flat back of his head. We had to move him to his side several times in the middle of the night but, he just kept flopping over to his back. Almost had to wear a helmet.He couldn't sit up or do tummy time because he didn't have the strength to lift his head up...he would just scream bloody murder with his head smashed into the carpet.Anyway...my son

would flip his hand over and suck on the outside of his pinky when he would get upset. He would also rub the back of his hand against his lips. Totally for sensory calming....LoriPlease BOYCOTT the movie 21 Jump Street! It makes fun of those with autism!

https://www.facebook.com/BoycottMovie21JumpStreetForAutism--- Subject: Re: I give up......To: "autism-aspergers " <autism-aspergers >Date: Thursday, April 26, 2012, 12:07 PM

Wow, thats crazy I think if Colton ever told me He hated me, I think a piece of me would just die. I love all of my kids the same I would do anything in the world for anyone one of them but Colton just has a really special place in my heart. And his anger hurts me the most. I never really paid much attention to the nose rubbing thing I knew he did it a lot. Even when he just gets excited he rubs his nose. Even if he doesn't have snot. And everyone keeps asking me if he ways his hands in front of his face but he didn't use to but have been noticing that when he is holding his brush he waves that like on the side of his face. and now he has started taking the back of his hand and rubbing it back and forth really fast against his lips. but he usually only does that when he is mad and crying. I feel like everyday

he starts something new. I used to think he was just mildly autistic if at all. but now i feel like it may be getting much worse. Because everything i have read and from what people tell me is usually kids dont start showing signs til about right now where as he has had them almost his whole life, and are just getting worse. :( To: autism-aspergers Sent: Wednesday, April 25, 2012 6:10 PM Subject: Re: I give

up......

Hi Sara,You ARE seeing what you think you are seeing in your son. I watched your vodeos of him and it's like looking at me and my youngest. His nerves are in overdrive and he's responding to that by melting down. If you notice, he rubs his nose a lot, not just because it's running from crying but because it is tingling. The stimming he does is his way of trying to calm down the sensations his little body is going through, neurologically and anxiety.

I see him lashing out then he'll hug you. He is trying to tell you what is going on inside him and that he is sorry. I've lived this my entire life inside, it's like a war inside, and you cannot stop it, so you just want to scream. I'm 44 years old and I still have these same issues, and have learned to be by myself when I feel out of control. My son melted down like this, and at 7, still does, but not as often. Now it comes out in defiance against his brother and me.

My son wears a compression suit from the time he wakes up, until bedtime. His school and occupational therapist said that they notice a big difference in him since he got his SPIO suit. I notice that he's able to calm himself more now than prior. I would love to have an adult sized SPIO suit myself, but I don't have the money or the insurance to get one.

My youngest's meltdowns were violent toward me and my son, they still are, but now his is more able to talk instead of hit/punch/shove first. I think the difference was when he gained his ability speak better. He still struggles but he can tell me better what has upset him. Until that happened, it was so bad, we had to remove all knives from the kitchen because he would go get one and either throw it at me or my oldest, or threaten to stab us "I stab you." He hasn't done that in a long time. He mostly tells me he hates me when he's mad, and I remind him, "No, you don't hate me, you are mad at me."

Please don't let this therapist stop you from pursuing what Colton needs most, intervention and help as early as possible. Keep seeking until someone will listen. I had friends tell me nothing was wrong with my sons or me, that, Ethan was just acting out for attention. I finally got him evaluated and now he is in IEP and Speech/Occu therapy. They are helping so much, especially with the behavioral and eating issues

So for the last 7 weeks that Coltons therapist has been coming to see him he has only showed up 3 times. He is suppose to come once a week for an hour. When he cancels he texts me minutes away from the appt. time. Which I find ridiculous. So I called yesterday to have Early Steps try and get me a different Therapist. And to have Colton tested for ASD. And to get him into a Gifted school. They accept children that have anything from developmental delays to Severe Retardation. And you can start at 18 months old. Everything went good til today. When The old Therapist comes to my house and is like well can you tell me why I'm not on your case anymore? And I calmly explained to him that I need someone more reliable. He mentioned that I should not seek a dx and that I should wait a few years if I am told to do so.

Guest guest

Can you have 1 brush just for "real" brushing? He can have all the other brushes but tell him this one is for his hair only and then goes away?I know, might be hard. Not sure what his receptive language is like?LoriPlease BOYCOTT the movie 21 Jump Street! It makes fun of those with autism!

https://www.facebook.com/BoycottMovie21JumpStreetForAutism--- Subject: Re: I give up......To: "autism-aspergers " <autism-aspergers >Date: Thursday, April 26, 2012, 12:15 PM

Colton is obsessed with hair brushes and hair. When he is calm he loves to touch everyones hair. But when he is angry he tries to rip it all out even his own. And his brush is used primarily as a weapon. But when I take it from him he gets completely uncontrollable. And few people have asked well is his brush out of sight out of mind? Absolutely not. It is the first thing he thinks about when he wakes up and the last when he goes to bed. When I get him out of bed in the morning he immediately walk straight to the bathroom and goes for the brush or as many as he can hold. I cant even brush his hair at night because then I have to take the brush away and I dont wanna get him all worked up before bed. To: autism-aspergers Sent: Wednesday, April 25, 2012 6:21 PM Subject: Re: I give up......

Yes, both my sons and I are/were like this. My son has been going through therapy on how to appropriately play with toys, but he still takes one toy and uses it for a whole different purpose than what it was intended for, mostly as some sort of weapon. His two favorite toys were the handle to a guitar hero and a homemade baseball bat, both used as weapons where he walks incessently battling whatever it is he's thinking about and making this tsssssss noise. He'll do this for hours. He hasn't ever hit anyone with them, nor made threats to people with them, so It's not been something that I felt the need to try to control in him, as long as he remembers not to smash things when "playing" with them.

No Colton doesn't talk. He babbles like a little baby, but no real words. He talks to himself almost constantly. And the rocking is all day and all night. He has scars from rocking, on his back he has like these lesion things from rocking against hard surfaces and it wont ever heal cause he continues to do it so often. I have been trying to get him to point at stuff since before he was a year old. And I wish he played normal with his toys seeing as how he has so many of them. I feel like half the time we just waste our money on toys because he doesn't play with them instead he just carries them around the house in his hand and/or throws them at people.

One more thing. He is darling! And, although in isolation, rocking and spinning can be perfectly normal...if he isn't talking...isn't pointing...doesn't play appropiately with most toys...doesn't reference....etc, etc...he is on the spectrum. Please don't doubt yourself. If I waited, my son would never have learned to talk...NEVER! My son also is "gifted" but has classic autism. And, he is currently mainstreamed in 3rd grade. I may homeschool him next year, though.

So for the last 7 weeks that Coltons therapist has been coming to see him he has only showed up 3 times. He is suppose to come once a week for an hour. When he cancels he texts me minutes away from the appt. time. Which I find ridiculous. So I called yesterday to have Early Steps try and get me a different Therapist. And to have Colton tested for ASD. And to get him into a Gifted school. They accept children that have anything from developmental delays to Severe Retardation. And you can start at 18 months old. Everything went good til today. When The old Therapist comes to my house and is like well can you tell me why I'm not on your case anymore? And I calmly explained to him that I need someone more reliable. He mentioned that I should not seek a dx and that I should wait a

Guest guest

Yes, same thing:)

--- Original Message ---

Sent: April 26, 2012 4/26/12

Not to much will, no. He is on te same kind of thing bu its called Similac

Alimentum.

To: " autism-aspergers " <autism-aspergers >

Sent: Wednesday, April 25, 2012 12:27 PM

Does anything comfort him?   make him stop screaming?  How old is he?  My

had to be on a pre-digested formula called Nutramiguen....(spelling this

wrong, I know)

Sent: Wednesday, April 25, 2012 12:03 PM

Yea peyton has been screaming so much he has completely lost his voice. And when

I asked the dr about it she said hes just colicy, so idk

>That sounds like my .  I couldn't put him down either.  I told my

cousin that I wore the front pouch thing to do my chores just so that he was

happy.  She said she's put him down and let him scream......that is like the

theory you hear about food..... " if they are hungry enough they'll eat "  

ummmm.....no, mine will keep screaming and he'll starve too. 

>

> 

>

>

>

>

>________________________________

>

>To: autism-aspergers

>Sent: Tuesday, April 24, 2012 8:20 PM

>Subject: Re: I give up......

>

>

> 

>

>

>Yeah, I attached a picture of colton when he fell into the table. And he just

simply looked at me like what the hell is that table doing there? And walked

off. Coltons younger brother will be 3 months old tomorrow and I literally can

not put him down fir even a second or hes screaming his head off. Almost like

hes in pain its very strange and he has a milk allergy and hes got acid reflux,

so he has to sit up all the time.

>

>------------------------------

>

>

>>I think it may be a matter of not being engaged with our own bodies. I know if

I get up in the morning and it is cold and I dress warmly, if it comes out warm

- even if it gets over 30C - I probably won't notice i need to remove any

clothes. I have also been known to dress for warm weather and then need

reminding (this is why we have mothers and wives :) ) to put something else on.

I don't always notice small things that cause pain. I am just focused on other

things. My son is much the same. But when it comes to emotional or mental

discomfort - that is another thing! My son cried almost constantly if not being

held for the first 10 months of his life. But after that, if he fell over,

sometimes he cried, sometimes he didn't. Usually not much at all - nothing like

from the distress of not being held. He took years to learn to put out his hands

to break his fall, but even when he put his teeth through his lips and there was

blood everywhere, it

>was more a whimper than a cry. The only time he really cried was if he couldn't

see me when it happened. Once I was there, it was fine.

>>

>>Strange thing is, if I cut my nails and there is even the slightest 'catch' on

anything it drives me mad. My wife has often commented I fuss over my nails

worse than any woman. It's just that if they are not smooth, then any contact

with anything is like fingernails screeching on a blackboard. Did anyone else

have a teacher who did that to get attention? Not sure how I survived a year

without getting up and hitting her hard. Maybe because I was only 7 at the time

:)

>>

>>

>>

>>

>> �Just piggy-backing on what said- my son with Asperger's has an

incredibly high tolerance for pain.� He's now 10. If he cried (as a baby,

toddler, or even now) we knew it was very bad... usually involving blood or

worse.� It's bizarre the level of pain he can handle!!�

>>

>>

>> On Tue, Apr 24, 2012 at 3:57 PM, sara degeer <bradleysmommy1@...

wrote:

>>

>> �

>> included below]

>>

>> <mailto:alexandriairma@yahoo

Guest guest

My nephew also has ADHD. And I know Colton has his issues but IF my nephew was my kid I would freak out. I can only take him in small doses before I'm ready to Tape his mouth shut and strap him to a chair. Lol. He's on meds but not sure what kind. You know the expression bouncing off the walls, in his case it's literal. Me and my mom literally sat and watched him for almost an hour run back and forth down her hallway that has a door at each end and throw his self against it the run to the other end and throw his self against that door. I couldn't believe it. And he walks around all day and talks, talks and talks even if he isn't talking to anyone. And he calls me Bart ( not sure why) and he'll say Bart... Bart... Bart and I'm like What Logan? and he'll walk away and then come back and act like he wants something but never

asks for it. he does it to everyone. And he is 5. To: autism-aspergers Sent: Wednesday, April 25, 2012 8:38 PM Subject: Re: I give up......

My mostly NT son does probably 50-100 handstands a day. We think she has some sensory issues..well we know he does but it's not diagnosed. He is not on the spectrum but he is ADHD.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you;

Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.

One died for your soul; the other for your freedom.

-- I give up......To: "autism-aspergers " <autism-aspergers >Date: Tuesday, April 24, 2012, 1:48 PM

So for the last 7 weeks that Coltons therapist has been coming to see him he has only showed up 3 times. He is suppose to come once a week for an hour. When he cancels he texts me minutes away from the appt. time. Which I find ridiculous. So I called yesterday to have Early Steps try and get me a different Therapist. And to have Colton tested for ASD. And to get him into a Gifted school. They accept children that have anything from developmental delays to Severe Retardation. And you can start at 18 months old. Everything went good til today. When The old Therapist comes to my house and is like well can you tell me why I'm not on your case anymore? And I calmly explained to him that I need someone more reliable. He mentioned that I should not seek a dx and that I should wait a few years if I am told to do so. And then he goes on to talk about how everyone at the office

is "talking" about "certain parents" that only want their child dx so they can receive government benefits. And said that they don't say names cause they aren't allowed to but didn't think any of it was about me. I in no way shape or form want anything from the government only the right kind of care for my child. I am extremely hurt by what he said. And Think that you know maybe there isn't anything wrong with him. Maybe he's just weird and quirky. I can't stop thinking about it. I don't know what to do. I am really starting to question if there is anything wrong at all. :-/

Guest guest

Wow, I couldn't do that. This right here is killin me. To: autism-aspergers Sent: Wednesday, April 25, 2012 8:57 PM Subject: Re: I give up......

I wish I could have spaced mine out like that! I had baby #1 ( child with AS) and when he was 15 mo. I was pregnant again (easy easy baby) and then pregnant again when baby #2 was 12 mo. On an IUD that "supposedly" was there to prevent pregnancy long enough to space them out a bit. 3 kids in 3 yrs. 10 mo. I had one in pullups and two in diapers! Glad they are all out of that phase now!

--- Original Message ---

Sent: April 25, 2012 4/25/12

I missed that pouch after Ben started walking. When your kid sleeps regularly for 4 hours a day (2am-6am) and needs to be either held, sitting on your lap, or within 5cm of you at all times when he is awake, you get a bit inventive. You can do most things while holding a child. Although it is probably no surprise we didn't have another for 3 years, and then it came as a surprise to both of us. And I agree - they won't stop crying, and they won't eat the food, no matter how long you wait.

That sounds like my . I couldn't put him down either. I told my cousin that I wore the front pouch thing to do my chores just so that he was happy. She said she's put him down and let him scream......that is like the theory you hear about food....."if they are hungry enough they'll eat" ummmm.....no, mine will keep screaming and he'll starve too.

Sent: Tuesday, April 24, 2012 8:20 PM

>I think it may be a matter of not being engaged with our own bodies. I know if I get up in the morning and it is cold and I dress warmly, if it comes out warm - even if it gets over 30C - I probably won't notice i need to remove any clothes. I have also been known to dress for warm weather and then need reminding (this is why we have mothers and wives :) ) to put something else on. I don't always notice small things that cause pain. I am just focused on other things. My son is much the same. But when it comes to emotional or mental discomfort - that is another thing! My son cried almost constantly if not being held for the first 10 months of his life. But after that, if he fell over, sometimes he cried, sometimes he didn't. Usually not much at all - nothing like from the distress of not being held. He took years to learn to put out his hands to break his fall, but even when he put his teeth through his lips and there was blood everywhere, it

>

>

>

>

>

>>

>>

>>

>> �

>> included below]

>>

>>

>> <autism-aspergers

>>

>> �

>> are sores does it sto

Guest guest

Sounds like he has more going on that ADHD!Sent from my iPhone

My nephew also has ADHD. And I know Colton has his issues but IF my nephew was my kid I would freak out. I can only take him in small doses before I'm ready to Tape his mouth shut and strap him to a chair. Lol. He's on meds but not sure what kind. You know the expression bouncing off the walls, in his case it's literal. Me and my mom literally sat and watched him for almost an hour run back and forth down her hallway that has a door at each end and throw his self against it the run to the other end and throw his self against that door. I couldn't believe it. And he walks around all day and talks, talks and talks even if he isn't talking to anyone. And he calls me Bart ( not sure why) and he'll say Bart... Bart... Bart and I'm like What Logan? and he'll walk away and then come back and act like he wants something but never

asks for it. he does it to everyone. And he is 5. To: autism-aspergers Sent: Wednesday, April 25, 2012 8:38 PM Subject: Re: I give up......

My mostly NT son does probably 50-100 handstands a day. We think she has some sensory issues..well we know he does but it's not diagnosed. He is not on the spectrum but he is ADHD.

-- I give up......To: "autism-aspergers " <autism-aspergers >Date: Tuesday, April 24, 2012, 1:48 PM

So for the last 7 weeks that Coltons therapist has been coming to see him he has only showed up 3 times. He is suppose to come once a week for an hour. When he cancels he texts me minutes away from the appt. time. Which I find ridiculous. So I called yesterday to have Early Steps try and get me a different Therapist. And to have Colton tested for ASD. And to get him into a Gifted school. They accept children that have anything from developmental delays to Severe Retardation. And you can start at 18 months old. Everything went good til today. When The old Therapist comes to my house and is like well can you tell me why I'm not on your case anymore? And I calmly explained to him that I need someone more reliable. He mentioned that I should not seek a dx and that I should wait a few years if I am told to do so. And then he goes on to talk about how everyone at the office

is "talking" about "certain parents" that only want their child dx so they can receive government benefits. And said that they don't say names cause they aren't allowed to but didn't think any of it was about me. I in no way shape or form want anything from the government only the right kind of care for my child. I am extremely hurt by what he said. And Think that you know maybe there isn't anything wrong with him. Maybe he's just weird and quirky. I can't stop thinking about it. I don't know what to do. I am really starting to question if there is anything wrong at all. :-/

=

Guest guest

Well I have tried on several occasions to do that but it kinda doesnt matter how many there are he wants them all. He does that with his food too. if you have 3 cookies and only give him 1 he has a tantrum he wants all of them. and he can't just put 1 thing in his mouth at a time it has to be all of it. I'm not sure, I think he understands a little bit but for the most part its like talking to say...... a 8 month old. He doesnt really grasp what your talking about and half the time I don't think he cares. To: autism-aspergers Sent: Thursday, April 26, 2012 3:20 PM Subject: Re: I give up......

Can you have 1 brush just for "real" brushing? He can have all the other brushes but tell him this one is for his hair only and then goes away?I know, might be hard. Not sure what his receptive language is like?LoriPlease BOYCOTT the movie 21 Jump Street! It makes fun of those with autism!

https://www.facebook.com/BoycottMovie21JumpStreetForAutism--- Subject: Re: I give up......To: "autism-aspergers " <autism-aspergers >Date: Thursday, April 26, 2012, 12:15 PM

Guest guest

YOU WROTE: He would also rub the back of his hand against his lips That is what colton does. And sometimes will have his tongue sticking out so that he's licking the back of his hand. To: autism-aspergers Sent: Thursday, April 26, 2012 3:18 PM Subject: Re: I give up......

My son showed signs of autism almost from birth. He would stare at bright lights, trees moving and anything that spun. He never turned to our voices like his twin sister did from a very early age. I told his Ped that he had autism during a 7/8week well care visit! Yes, things got worse before they got better. Before intensive therapy (25-30 hours each week!)He never moved so much so that he developed a flat back of his head. We had to move him to his side several times in the middle of the night but, he just kept flopping over to his back. Almost had to wear a helmet.He couldn't sit up or do tummy time because he didn't have the strength to lift his head up...he would just scream bloody murder with his head smashed into the

carpet.Anyway...my son

would flip his hand over and suck on the outside of his pinky when he would get upset. He would also rub the back of his hand against his lips. Totally for sensory calming....LoriPlease BOYCOTT the movie 21 Jump Street! It makes fun of those with autism!

https://www.facebook.com/BoycottMovie21JumpStreetForAutism--- Subject: Re: I give up......To: "autism-aspergers " <autism-aspergers >Date: Thursday, April 26, 2012, 12:07 PM

Wow, thats crazy I think if Colton ever told me He hated me, I think a piece of me would just die. I love all of my kids the same I would do anything in the world for anyone one of them but Colton just has a really special place in my heart. And his anger hurts me the most. I never really paid much attention to the nose rubbing thing I knew he did it a lot. Even when he just gets excited he rubs his nose. Even if he doesn't have snot. And everyone keeps asking me if he ways his hands in front of his face but he didn't use to but have been noticing that when he is holding his brush he waves that like on the side of his face. and now he has started taking the back of his hand and rubbing it back and forth really fast against his lips. but he usually only does that when he is

mad and crying. I feel like everyday

up......

Guest guest

I'm not sure I'm not around him long enough to really tell. But I know both his mother and his father have severe ADHD. My sister was on ridelin from 4 until she was 14. To: "autism-aspergers " <autism-aspergers > Sent: Thursday, April 26, 2012 3:35 PM Subject: Re: I

give up......

Sounds like he has more going on that ADHD!Sent from my iPhone

My nephew also has ADHD. And I know Colton has his issues but IF my nephew was my kid I would freak out. I can only take him in small doses before I'm ready to Tape his mouth shut and strap him to a chair. Lol. He's on meds but not sure what kind. You know the expression bouncing off the walls, in his case it's literal. Me and my mom literally sat and watched him for almost an hour run back and forth down her hallway that has a door at each end and throw his self against it the run to the other end and throw his self against that door. I couldn't believe it. And he walks around all day and talks, talks and talks even if he isn't talking to anyone. And he calls me Bart ( not sure why) and he'll say Bart... Bart... Bart and I'm like What Logan? and he'll walk away and then come back and

act like he wants something but never

=

Guest guest

Oddly enough this is the only time Peyton doesn't scream as well. But I can't bathe him all day. lol To: "autism-aspergers " <autism-aspergers > Cc: "autism-aspergers " <autism-aspergers > Sent:

Thursday, April 26, 2012 11:01 AM Subject: Re: I give up......

Baths did work for my son. It was the only time he didn't scream! :)Sent from my iPad

When my son was a baby and wouldn't stop crying we would walk and walk - one day my husband turned the water on at the kitchen sink and he stopped! Guess he liked the sound of the water! With my oldest daughter I used to sit her on the dryer in an infant seat while the clothes were drying. I know some people who drive their kids around - never tried that one, though.

To: "autism-aspergers " <autism-aspergers > Sent: Wednesday, April 25, 2012 11:27 AMSubject: Re: I give up......

Does anything comfort him? make him stop screaming? How old is he? My had to be on a pre-digested formula called Nutramiguen....(spelling this wrong, I know)

To: autism-aspergers Sent: Wednesday, April 25, 2012 12:03 PMSubject: Re: I give up......

Yea peyton has been screaming so much he has completely lost his voice. And when I asked the dr about it she said hes just colicy, so idk------------------------------>That sounds like my . I couldn't put him down either. I told my cousin that I wore the front pouch thing to do my chores just so that he was happy. She said she's put him down and let him scream......that is like the theory you hear about food....."if they are hungry enough they'll eat" ummmm.....no, mine will keep screaming and he'll starve too. >> > >>>>________________________________> >To: autism-aspergers >Sent: Tuesday, April 24, 2012 8:20 PM>Subject: Re: I give up......> >> >>>Yeah, I attached a picture of colton when he fell into the table. And he just simply looked at me like what the hell is that table doing there? And walked off. Coltons younger brother will be 3 months old tomorrow and I literally can not put him down fir even a second or hes screaming his head off. Almost like hes in pain its very strange and he has a milk allergy and hes got acid reflux, so he has to sit up all the time.>>------------------------------>>>>I think it may be a matter of not being engaged with our own bodies. I know if I get up in the

morning and it is cold and I dress warmly, if it comes out warm - even if it gets over 30C - I probably won't notice i need to remove any clothes. I have also been known to dress for warm weather and then need reminding (this is why we have mothers and wives :) ) to put something else on. I don't always notice small things that cause pain. I am just focused on other things. My son is much the same. But when it comes to emotional or mental discomfort - that is another thing! My son cried almost constantly if not being held for the first 10 months of his life. But after that, if he fell over, sometimes he cried, sometimes he didn't. Usually not much at all - nothing like from the distress of not being held. He took years to learn to put out his hands to break his fall, but even when he put his teeth through his lips and there was blood everywhere, it>was more a whimper than a cry. The only time he really cried was if he couldn't see me when it

happened. Once I was there, it was fine.>>>>Strange thing is, if I cut my nails and there is even the slightest 'catch' on anything it drives me mad. My wife has often commented I fuss over my nails worse than any woman. It's just that if they are not smooth, then any contact with anything is like fingernails screeching on a blackboard. Did anyone else have a teacher who did that to get attention? Not sure how I survived a year without getting up and hitting her hard. Maybe because I was only 7 at the time :)>>>>>>>>>> �Just piggy-backing on what said- my son with Asperger's has an incredibly high tolerance for pain.� He's now 10. If he cried (as a baby, toddler, or even now) we knew it was very bad... usually involving blood or worse.� It's bizarre the level of pain he can handle!!�>> >> >>

On Tue, Apr 24, 2012 at 3:57 PM, sara degeer <bradleysmommy1@... wrote:>> >> �>> [Attachment(s) <#136e5ee3c4d375be_TopText> from sara degeer>> included below]>> Yes he rocks all the time It took the sores a couple months to>> heal because he would keep rocking. Colton has a very high pain>> tolerance as well just the other day he was sitting in my lap and>> started throwing a fit and did the limp noodle thing and slid out>> of my lap and when his knees hit the floor he kinda lunged forward>> and hit his forehead on the coffee table that is in the videos

and>> didn't even cry. Just looked at me funny and walked away with a>> lump sticking out of his head about a 1/4 of an inch. It was huge>> and he should've cried. Here is a picture of it seconds after it>> happened. He was more upset that I was trying to hold him still to>> take the pic. :(>> >> ---------------------------------------------------------->> *From:* and > >> *To:* "autism-aspergers >> <mailto:autism-aspergers >">> <autism-aspergers >> <mailto:autism-aspergers >>> *Sent:* Tuesday, April 24, 2012 3:47 PM>> *Subject:* Re: I give up......>> >> �>> You mentioned the scars on his back from rocking? When the scars>> are sores does it stop him from rocking? My daughter has what

I>> think is an incredibly high tolerance for pain. When she has>> skinned her knees and does this weird sound thing but won't cry.>> She does freak out at the sight of blood even if it is not her>> own. I think it is all part of the sensory issues.�>> >> Ella did not speak until after her second birthday, but she did a>> lot of stuff early. When she finally did speak she was very>> articulate (well for a 26 -27 month old) if you or anyone wants to>> look at her videos let me know, I will give you the link.>> >> As for toys Ella has/has the�opposite�of the Midas Touch, she>> intentionally took apart or broke most of her toys.�>> �>> */If guns kill people then pencils cause misspelled words/*>> >> ---------------------------------------------------------->> *From:* sara degeer

> >> *To:* "autism-aspergers >> <mailto:autism-aspergers >">> <autism-aspergers >> <mailto:autism-aspergers >>> *Sent:* Tuesday, April 24, 2012 1:35 PM>> *Subject:* Re: I give up......>> >> �>> No Colton doesn't talk. He babbles like a little baby, but no real>> words. He talks to himself almost constantly. And the rocking is>> all day and all night. He has scars from rocking, on his back he>> has like these lesion things from rocking against hard surfaces>> and it wont ever heal cause he continues to do it so often. I have>> been trying to get him to point at stuff since before he was a>> year old. And I wish he played normal with his toys seeing as how>> he has so many of them. I feel like half the time we just waste>> our money on toys because he doesn't

play with them instead he>>

just carries them around the house in his hand and/or throws them>> at people.�>> >> ---------------------------------------------------------->> *From:* Lori Yurtin >> *To:* autism-aspergers >> <mailto:autism-aspergers >>> *Sent:* Tuesday, April 24, 2012 2:06 PM>>

*Subject:* Re:

I give up......>> >> �>> One more thing. �He is darling! �And, although in isolation,>> rocking and spinning can be perfectly normal...if he isn't>> talking...isn't pointing...doesn't play appropiately with most>> toys...doesn't reference....etc, etc...he is on the spectrum.>> �Please don't doubt yourself. �If I waited, my son would never>> have learned to talk...NEVER! �My son also is "gifted" but has>> classic autism. �And, he is currently mainstreamed in 3rd grade.>> �I may homeschool him next year, though. �>> >> >> >> Please BOYCOTT the movie 21 Jump Street! It makes fun of those>> with autism!>> https://www.facebook.com/BoycottMovie21JumpStreetForAutism>> >> >> >> >> > >> Subject: I give

up......>> To: "autism-aspergers >> <mailto:autism-aspergers >">> <autism-aspergers >> <mailto:autism-aspergers >>> Date: Tuesday, April 24, 2012, 10:48 AM>> >> �>> So for the last 7 weeks that Coltons therapist has been coming>> to see him he

has only showed up 3 times. He is suppose to>> come once a week for an hour. When he

cancels he texts me>> minutes away from the appt. time. Which I find ridiculous. So>> I called yesterday to have Early Steps try and get me a>> different Therapist. And to have Colton tested for ASD. And to>> get him into a Gifted school. They accept children that have>> anything from developmental delays to Severe Retardation. And>> you can start at 18 months old. Everything went good til>> today. When The old Therapist comes to my house and is like>> well can you tell me why I'm not on your case anymore? And I>> calmly explained to him that I need someone more reliable. He>> mentioned that I should not seek a dx and that I should wait a>> few years if I am told to do so. And then he goes on to talk>> about how everyone at the office is "talking" about "certain>> parents" that only want their child dx so they can

receive>> government benefits. And said that they don't say names cause>> they aren't allowed to but didn't think any of it was about>> me. I in no way shape or form want anything from the>> government only the right kind of care for my child. I am>> extremely hurt by what he said. And Think that you know maybe>> there isn't anything wrong with him. Maybe he's just weird and>> quirky. I can't stop thinking about it. I don't know what to>> do. I am really starting to question if there is anything>> wrong at all. :-/>> >> >> P.S. This is my Son>> Colton�http://www.youtube.com/user/bradleysmommy1?feature=mhee>> >> >> >> >> >> >> >> >>

>> >> No virus found in this message.>> Checked by AVG - www.avg.com <http://www.avg.com>>> Version: 2012.0.1913 / Virus Database: 2411/4957 - Release Date: 04/24/12>> >>>

=

Guest guest

If your children say it often enough you get use to it. my youngest with know

ASD. he said that to manipulate me. you get use to it and then say oh well I

don't like you either.

--- Original Message ---

Wow, thats crazy I think if Colton ever told me He hated me, I think a piece of

me would just die. I love all of my kids the same I would do anything in the

world for anyone one of them but Colton just has a really special place in my

heart. And his anger hurts me the most. I never really  paid much attention to

the nose rubbing thing I knew he did it a lot. Even when he just gets excited he

rubs his nose. Even if he doesn't have snot. And everyone keeps asking me if he

ways his hands in front of his face but he didn't use to but have been noticing

that when he is holding his brush he waves that like on the side of his face.

and now he has started taking the back of his hand and rubbing it back and forth

really fast against his lips. but he usually only does that when he is mad and

crying. I feel like everyday he starts something new. I used to think he was

just mildly autistic if at all. but now i feel like it may be getting much

worse. Because everything i have read and from what people tell me is usually

kids dont start showing signs til about right now where as he has had them

almost his whole life, and are just getting worse. :(

Sent: Wednesday, April 25, 2012 6:10 PM

Hi Sara,

You ARE seeing what you think you are seeing in  your son.  I watched your

vodeos of him and it's like looking at me and my youngest.  His nerves are in

overdrive and he's responding to that by melting down.  If you notice, he rubs

his nose a lot, not just because it's running from crying but because it is

tingling.  The stimming he does is his way of trying to calm down the

sensations his little body is going through, neurologically and anxiety. 

I see him lashing out then he'll hug you.  He is trying to tell you what is

going on inside him and that he is sorry. I've lived this my entire life inside,

it's like a war inside, and you cannot stop it, so you just want to scream. 

I'm 44 years old and I still have these same issues, and have learned to be by

myself when I feel out of control.  My son melted down like this, and at 7,

still does, but not as often.  Now it comes out in defiance against his brother

and me.

My son wears a compression suit from the time he wakes up, until bedtime.  His

school and occupational therapist said that they notice a big difference in him

since he got his SPIO suit.  I notice that he's able to calm himself more now

than prior.  I would love to have an adult sized SPIO suit myself, but I don't

have the money or the insurance to get one. 

My youngest's meltdowns were violent toward me and my son, they still are, but

now his is more able to talk instead of hit/punch/shove first.  I think the

difference was when he gained his ability speak better.  He still struggles but

he can tell me better what has upset him.  Until that happened, it was so bad,

we had to remove all knives from the kitchen because he would go get one and

either throw it at me or my oldest, or threaten to stab us " I stab you. " He

hasn't done that in a long time.  He mostly tells me he hates me when he's mad,

and I remind him, " No, you don't hate me, you are mad at me. "

Please don't let this therapist stop you from pursuing what Colton needs most,

intervention and help as early as possible. Keep seeking until someone will

listen.  I had friends tell me nothing was wrong with my sons or me, that,

Ethan was just acting out for attention.  I finally got him evaluated and now

he is in IEP and Speech/Occu therapy.  They are helping so much, especially

with the behavioral and eating issues

So for the last 7 weeks that Coltons therapist has been coming to see him he has

only showed up 3 times. He is suppose to come once a week for an hour. When he

cancels he texts me minutes away from the appt. time. Which I find ridiculous.

So I called yesterday to have Early Steps try and get me a different Therapist.

And to have Colton tested for ASD. And to get him into a Gifted school. They

accept children that have anything from developmental delays to Severe

Retardation. And you can start at 18 months old. Everything went good til today.

When The old Therapist comes to my house and is like well can you tell me why

I'm not on your case anymore? And I calmly explained to him that I need someone

more reliable. He mentioned that I should not seek a dx and that I should wait a

few years if I am told to do so. And then he goes on to talk about how everyone

at the office is " talking " about " certain parents " that only want their child dx

so they can receive government benefits. And said that they don't say names

cause they aren't allowed to but didn't think any of it was about me. I in no

way shape or form want anything from the government only the right kind of care

for my child. I am extremely hurt by what he said. And Think that you know maybe

there is

Guest guest

fine and function sell these. try www.funandfunction.com they are located in

the philadelphia region and they are very helpful when you call him on the phone

also

--- Original Message ---

hmmmm, that is interesting. I would like to know more about this compression

suit. 

Sent: Wednesday, April 25, 2012 6:26 PM

Yes, my son does this upside down thing all the time on the couch. I tell him

couches are for sitting not standing on your head, and the only reason is

because he gets so wild when he does it, his feet flail. He does the same thing

in his bed when trying to calm down to sleep.  It's a pressure need on his

head, like his compression suit does for him. 

Ashton

Well everyone keeps telling me that he clearly can't have ASD because of the eye

contact. But I keep coming into contact with people who have ASD or know someone

that does and they are telling me different. And one person then pointed out the

very extreme or intense eye contact almost like he is starring you down isn't so

great either. And since I have had the baby, I have been noticing the same

things in him and I am terrified. I don't wanna do this again. Only this time

the new baby is not nearly as happy as Colton was as a baby. And Colton now has

this new thing where he wants to watch everything upside down, like all the time

and will walk bent over with his head on the floor. Its kinda funny actually...

And thank you I love it when he smiles it's so contagious. :)

Sent: Tuesday, April 24, 2012 3:01 PM

Chase always made good eye contact!  :). 

Sent from my iPhone

Yea Colton was the same way he didn't learn how to roll over until he was 7 1/2

months old. Which is fairly late as it is in your case as well. He also couldn't

crawl, sit up. He would smile at you all day long but never babbled or anything

he didnt start that til about a year old. The only thing is with Colton he has

amazing eye contact with his immediate family and my mom. But for strangers its

very intense staring or he wont look at you at all. and when he stares at people

i have noticed it make some people upset. I think it makes them feel

uncomfortable.

Sent: Tuesday, April 24, 2012 1:59 PM

I heard the same thing!  We are in CA and used Early Intervention when my son

was 10 months old and still wasn't rolling over, crawling, couldn't sit, etc.

He also was VERY clearly on the spectrum as he wasn't babbling, didn't respond

to his name, wasn't pointing, flapped and didn't play with any toys.  Just

stared at them from different angles.  

He started with PT.  A shrink came to our home and told me " You are just

looking for a dx.  Everyone just wants a dx to get more services.  It isn't

right. "  I responded with " Are you kidding me?  My kid has ever sign of autism

there is...and, you think I want this?  I don't want this....I just want help

for my child! "  

She proceeded to tell me " Well, if you want a dx, go get it. "  I flipping did.

He was 20 months and there was NO questioning it.  CLASSIC AUTISM!  I got 25

hours per week of playbased ABA from that " B* & C^ " , OT and speech therapy.  Not

from her directly...but, she had to approve it. 

She wasn't happy.  Basically, they say this because many parents will listen

and then they don't have to shell out the cash for these kids. ;-(

Don't listen to that wackadoodle!

Lori

https://www.facebook.com/BoycottMovie21JumpStreetForAutism

Date: Tuesday, April 24, 2012, 1:48 PM

So for the last 7 weeks that Coltons therapist has been coming to see him he has

only showed up 3 times. He is suppose to come once a week for an hour. When he

cancels he texts me minutes away from the appt. time. Which I find ridiculous.

So I called yesterday to

Guest guest

i keep thinkin about it and I still don't think I could do that. It breaks my heart every time he hits me. I just want to cry. It makes me feel like he doesn't like me. To: autism-aspergers Sent: Thursday, April 26, 2012 3:55 PM Subject: Re: I give up......

If your children say it often enough you get use to it. my youngest with know ASD. he said that to manipulate me. you get use to it and then say oh well I don't like you either.

--- Original Message ---

Wow, thats crazy I think if Colton ever told me He hated me, I think a piece of me would just die. I love all of my kids the same I would do anything in the world for anyone one of them but Colton just has a really special place in my heart. And his anger hurts me the most. I never really paid much attention to the nose rubbing thing I knew he did it a lot. Even when he just gets excited he rubs his nose. Even if he doesn't have snot. And everyone keeps asking me if he ways his hands in front of his face but he didn't use to but have been noticing that when he is holding his brush he waves that like on the side of his face. and now he has started taking the back of his hand and rubbing it back and forth really fast against his lips. but he usually only does that when he is mad and crying. I feel like everyday he starts something new. I used to think he was just mildly autistic if at all. but now i feel like it may be getting much worse. Because

everything i have read and from what people tell me is usually kids dont start showing signs til about right now where as he has had them almost his whole life, and are just getting worse. :(

Hi Sara,

You ARE seeing what you think you are seeing in your son. I watched your vodeos of him and it's like looking at me and my youngest. His nerves are in overdrive and he's responding to that by melting down. If you notice, he rubs his nose a lot, not just because it's running from crying but because it is tingling. The stimming he does is his way of trying to calm down the sensations his little body is going through, neurologically and anxiety.

So for the last 7 weeks that Coltons therapist has been coming to see him he has only showed up 3 times. He is suppose to come once a week for an hour. When he cancels he texts me minutes away from the appt. time. Which I find ridiculous. So I called yesterday to have Early Steps try and get me a different Therapist. And to have Colton tested for ASD. And to get him into a Gifted school. They accept children that have anything from developmental delays to Severe Retardation. And you can start at 18 months old. Everything went good til today. When The old Therapist comes to my house and is like well can you tell me why I'm not on your case anymore? And I calmly explained to him that I need someone more reliable. He mentioned that I should not seek a dx and that I should wait a few years if I am told to do so. And then he goes on to talk about how everyone at the office is "talking" about "certain parents" that only want their child dx so they can receive

government benefits. And said that they don't say names cause they aren't allowed to but didn't think any of it was about me. I in no way shape or form want anything from the government only the right kind of care for my child. I am extremely hurt by what he said. And Think that you know maybe there is

Guest guest

Yes and Chase would make this sucking sound but he wasn't sucking on his hand...more like on his own tongue. He would do this alot when he was tired....Sent from my iPhone

YOU WROTE: He would also rub the back of his hand against his lips That is what colton does. And sometimes will have his tongue sticking out so that he's licking the back of his hand. To: autism-aspergers Sent: Thursday, April 26, 2012 3:18 PM Subject: Re: I give up......

My son showed signs of autism almost from birth. He would stare at bright lights, trees moving and anything that spun. He never turned to our voices like his twin sister did from a very early age. I told his Ped that he had autism during a 7/8week well care visit! Yes, things got worse before they got better. Before intensive therapy (25-30 hours each week!)He never moved so much so that he developed a flat back of his head. We had to move him to his side several times in the middle of the night but, he just kept flopping over to his back. Almost had to wear a helmet.He couldn't sit up or do tummy time because he didn't have the strength to lift his head up...he would just scream bloody murder with his head smashed into the

carpet.Anyway...my son

Wow, thats crazy I think if Colton ever told me He hated me, I think a piece of me would just die. I love all of my kids the same I would do anything in the world for anyone one of them but Colton just has a really special place in my heart. And his anger hurts me the most. I never really paid much attention to the nose rubbing thing I knew he did it a lot. Even when he just gets excited he rubs his nose. Even if he doesn't have snot. And everyone keeps asking me if he ways his hands in front of his face but he didn't use to but have been noticing that when he is holding his brush he waves that like on the side of his face. and now he has started taking the back of his hand and rubbing it back and forth really fast against his lips. but he usually only does that when he is

mad and crying. I feel like everyday

up......

Guest guest

Chase didn't understand "taking bites" of things until he was 4! I had to cut everything. Couldn't/wouldn't take bites from apples, cookies, sandwiches, anything!!!!Sent from my iPhone

Well I have tried on several occasions to do that but it kinda doesnt matter how many there are he wants them all. He does that with his food too. if you have 3 cookies and only give him 1 he has a tantrum he wants all of them. and he can't just put 1 thing in his mouth at a time it has to be all of it. I'm not sure, I think he understands a little bit but for the most part its like talking to say...... a 8 month old. He doesnt really grasp what your talking about and half the time I don't think he cares. To: autism-aspergers Sent: Thursday, April 26, 2012 3:20 PM Subject: Re: I give up......

Guest guest

Lol! I tell my 10 yr old that. He will say things like " what are you a dummy?". I say " nope but maybe you ate for calling ME that?". He gets it now! LolSent from my iPhone

i keep thinkin about it and I still don't think I could do that. It breaks my heart every time he hits me. I just want to cry. It makes me feel like he doesn't like me. To: autism-aspergers Sent: Thursday, April 26, 2012 3:55 PM Subject: Re: I give up......

If your children say it often enough you get use to it. my youngest with know ASD. he said that to manipulate me. you get use to it and then say oh well I don't like you either.

--- Original Message ---

Wow, thats crazy I think if Colton ever told me He hated me, I think a piece of me would just die. I love all of my kids the same I would do anything in the world for anyone one of them but Colton just has a really special place in my heart. And his anger hurts me the most. I never really paid much attention to the nose rubbing thing I knew he did it a lot. Even when he just gets excited he rubs his nose. Even if he doesn't have snot. And everyone keeps asking me if he ways his hands in front of his face but he didn't use to but have been noticing that when he is holding his brush he waves that like on the side of his face. and now he has started taking the back of his hand and rubbing it back and forth really fast against his lips. but he usually only does that when he is mad and crying. I feel like everyday he starts something new. I used to think he was just mildly autistic if at all. but now i feel like it may be getting much worse. Because

everything i have read and from what people tell me is usually kids dont start showing signs til about right now where as he has had them almost his whole life, and are just getting worse. :(

Hi Sara,

You ARE seeing what you think you are seeing in your son. I watched your vodeos of him and it's like looking at me and my youngest. His nerves are in overdrive and he's responding to that by melting down. If you notice, he rubs his nose a lot, not just because it's running from crying but because it is tingling. The stimming he does is his way of trying to calm down the sensations his little body is going through, neurologically and anxiety.

So for the last 7 weeks that Coltons therapist has been coming to see him he has only showed up 3 times. He is suppose to come once a week for an hour. When he cancels he texts me minutes away from the appt. time. Which I find ridiculous. So I called yesterday to have Early Steps try and get me a different Therapist. And to have Colton tested for ASD. And to get him into a Gifted school. They accept children that have anything from developmental delays to Severe Retardation. And you can start at 18 months old. Everything went good til today. When The old Therapist comes to my house and is like well can you tell me why I'm not on your case anymore? And I calmly explained to him that I need someone more reliable. He mentioned that I should not seek a dx and that I should wait a few years if I am told to do so. And then he goes on to talk about how everyone at the office is "talking" about "certain parents" that only want their child dx so they can receive

government benefits. And said that they don't say names cause they aren't allowed to but didn't think any of it was about me. I in no way shape or form want anything from the government only the right kind of care for my child. I am extremely hurt by what he said. And Think that you know maybe there is