RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Re: I give up......

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Please let what he said roll off of you. Go with your instincts and you'll do what's right. I have heard so many ridiculous things from "experts" over the years in regards to my son, and I've had to let some of the more inconsiderate things go, or else it would drive me crazy.

Good luck! Digges

Subject: I give up......To: "autism-aspergers " <autism-aspergers >Date: Tuesday, April 24, 2012, 1:48 PM

So for the last 7 weeks that Coltons therapist has been coming to see him he has only showed up 3 times. He is suppose to come once a week for an hour. When he cancels he texts me minutes away from the appt. time. Which I find ridiculous. So I called yesterday to have Early Steps try and get me a different Therapist. And to have Colton tested for ASD. And to get him into a Gifted school. They accept children that have anything from developmental delays to Severe Retardation. And you can start at 18 months old. Everything went good til today. When The old Therapist comes to my house and is like well can you tell me why I'm not on your case anymore? And I calmly explained to him that I need someone more reliable. He mentioned that I should not seek a dx and that I should wait a few years if I am told to do so. And then he

goes on to talk about how everyone at the office is "talking" about "certain parents" that only want their child dx so they can receive government benefits. And said that they don't say names cause they aren't allowed to but didn't think any of it was about me. I in no way shape or form want anything from the government only the right kind of care for my child. I am extremely hurt by what he said. And Think that you know maybe there isn't anything wrong with him. Maybe he's just weird and quirky. I can't stop thinking about it. I don't know what to do. I am really starting to question if there is anything wrong at all. :-/

P.S. This is my Son Colton http://www.youtube.com/user/bradleysmommy1?feature=mhee

Guest guest

Report this case worker! He is an ass. Also send something in writing.

--- Original Message ---

Sent: April 24, 2012 4/24/12

To: autism-aspergers

Subject: I give up......

So for the last 7 weeks that Coltons therapist has been coming to see him he has

only showed up 3 times. He is suppose to come once a week for an hour. When he

cancels he texts me minutes away from the appt. time. Which I find ridiculous.

So I called yesterday to have Early Steps try and get me a different Therapist.

And to have Colton tested for ASD. And to get him into a Gifted school. They

accept children that have anything from developmental delays to Severe

Retardation. And you can start at 18 months old. Everything went good til today.

When The old Therapist comes to my house and is like well can you tell me why

I'm not on your case anymore? And I calmly explained to him that I need someone

more reliable. He mentioned that I should not seek a dx and that I should wait a

few years if I am told to do so. And then he goes on to talk about how everyone

at the office is " talking " about " certain parents " that only want their child dx

so they can receive government benefits. And said that they don't say names

cause they aren't allowed to but didn't think any of it was about me. I in no

way shape or form want anything from the government only the right kind of care

for my child. I am extremely hurt by what he said. And Think that you know maybe

there isn't anything wrong with him. Maybe he's just weird and quirky. I can't

stop thinking about it. I don't know what to do. I am really starting to

question if there is anything wrong at all. :-/

P.S. This is my Son

Colton http://www.youtube.com/user/bradleysmommy1?feature=mhee

TODAY(Beta) • Powered by Yahoo!Daughter's time-lapse video charms Web

Privacy Policy

Guest guest

I heard the same thing! We are in CA and used Early Intervention when my son was 10 months old and still wasn't rolling over, crawling, couldn't sit, etc. He also was VERY clearly on the spectrum as he wasn't babbling, didn't respond to his name, wasn't pointing, flapped and didn't play with any toys. Just stared at them from different angles. He started with PT. A shrink came to our home and told me "You are just looking for a dx. Everyone just wants a dx to get more services. It isn't right." I responded with "Are you kidding me? My kid has ever sign of autism there is...and, you think I want this? I don't want this....I just want help for my child!" She proceeded to tell me "Well, if you want a dx, go get it." I flipping did. He was 20

months and there was NO questioning it. CLASSIC AUTISM! I got 25 hours per week of playbased ABA from that "B* & C^", OT and speech therapy. Not from her directly...but, she had to approve it. She wasn't happy. Basically, they say this because many parents will listen and then they don't have to shell out the cash for these kids. ;-(Don't listen to that wackadoodle!LoriPlease BOYCOTT the movie 21 Jump Street! It makes fun of those with autism!

https://www.facebook.com/BoycottMovie21JumpStreetForAutism--- Subject: Re: I give up......To: autism-aspergers Date: Tuesday, April 24, 2012, 10:52 AM

Please let what he said roll off of you. Go with your instincts and you'll do what's right. I have heard so many ridiculous things from "experts" over the years in regards to my son, and I've had to let some of the more inconsiderate things go, or else it would drive me crazy.

Good luck! Digges

Subject: I give up......To: "autism-aspergers " <autism-aspergers >Date: Tuesday, April 24, 2012, 1:48 PM

So for the last 7 weeks that Coltons therapist has been coming to see him he has only showed up 3 times. He is suppose to come once a week for an hour. When he cancels he texts me minutes away from the appt. time. Which I find ridiculous. So I called yesterday to have Early Steps try and get me a different Therapist. And to have Colton tested for ASD. And to get him into a Gifted school. They accept children that have anything from developmental delays to Severe Retardation. And you can start at 18 months old. Everything went good til today. When The old Therapist comes to my house and is like well can you tell me why I'm not on your case anymore? And I calmly explained to him that I need someone more reliable. He mentioned that I should not seek a dx and that I should wait a few years if I am told to do so. And then he

goes on to talk about how everyone at the office is "talking" about "certain parents" that only want their child dx so they can receive government benefits. And said that they don't say names cause they aren't allowed to but didn't think any of it was about me. I in no way shape or form want anything from the government only the right kind of care for my child. I am extremely hurt by what he said. And Think that you know maybe there isn't anything wrong with him. Maybe he's just weird and quirky. I can't stop thinking about it. I don't know what to do. I am really starting to question if there is anything wrong at all. :-/

P.S. This is my Son Colton http://www.youtube.com/user/bradleysmommy1?feature=mhee

Guest guest

One more thing. He is darling! And, although in isolation, rocking and spinning can be perfectly normal...if he isn't talking...isn't pointing...doesn't play appropiately with most toys...doesn't reference....etc, etc...he is on the spectrum. Please don't doubt yourself. If I waited, my son would never have learned to talk...NEVER! My son also is "gifted" but has classic autism. And, he is currently mainstreamed in 3rd grade. I may homeschool him next year, though. Please BOYCOTT the movie 21 Jump Street! It makes fun of those with autism!

https://www.facebook.com/BoycottMovie21JumpStreetForAutism--- Subject: I give up......To: "autism-aspergers " <autism-aspergers >Date: Tuesday, April 24, 2012, 10:48 AM

So for the last 7 weeks that Coltons therapist has been coming to see him he has only showed up 3 times. He is suppose to come once a week for an hour. When he cancels he texts me minutes away from the appt. time. Which I find ridiculous. So I called yesterday to have Early Steps try and get me a different Therapist. And to have Colton tested for ASD. And to get him into a Gifted school. They accept children that have anything from developmental delays to Severe Retardation. And you can start at 18 months old. Everything went good til today. When The old Therapist comes to my house and is like well can you tell me why I'm not on your case anymore? And I calmly explained to him that I need someone more reliable. He mentioned that I should not seek a dx and that I should wait a few years if I am told to do so.

And then he goes on to talk about how everyone at the office is "talking" about "certain parents" that only want their child dx so they can receive government benefits. And said that they don't say names cause they aren't allowed to but didn't think any of it was about me. I in no way shape or form want anything from the government only the right kind of care for my child. I am extremely hurt by what he said. And Think that you know maybe there isn't anything wrong with him. Maybe he's just weird and quirky. I can't stop thinking about it. I don't know what to do. I am really starting to question if there is anything wrong at all. :-/P.S. This is my Son Colton http://www.youtube.com/user/bradleysmommy1?feature=mhee

Guest guest

The guy sounds like an ass, sorry you had to deal with him! It's hard enough on a daily basis to deal with some people. What he did was not acceptable and he is the one who should be more comforting. I would report him! I watched your videos. My daughter did the same things. Her meltdowns were much more intense but I think your son's was having a meltdown. My daughter did the stimming and still does. One thing my daughter did we used to think was "funny" before we realized what it was. She would stop everything when commercials came on TV. She was so fascinated by any and all commercials anything it could be aspirin or cars she stopped everything. Please keep trying to get early intervention for your son. It has made a world of difference in our daughter and our lives. Do you have a Children's Hospital near you? I would make an appointment with them if you can. If guns kill people then pencils cause misspelled words From: sara degeer

To: "autism-aspergers " <autism-aspergers > Sent: Tuesday, April 24, 2012 12:48 PM Subject: I give up......

So for the last 7 weeks that Coltons therapist has been coming to see him he has only showed up 3 times. He is suppose to come once a week for an hour. When he cancels he texts me minutes away from the appt. time. Which I find ridiculous. So I called yesterday to have Early Steps try and get me a different Therapist. And to have Colton tested for ASD. And to get him into a Gifted school. They accept children that have anything from developmental delays to Severe Retardation. And you can start at 18 months old. Everything went good til today. When The old Therapist comes to my house and is like well can you tell me why I'm not on your case anymore? And I calmly explained to him that I need someone more reliable. He mentioned that I should not seek a dx and that I should wait a

few years if I am told to do so.

And then he goes on to talk about how everyone at the office is "talking" about "certain parents" that only want their child dx so they can receive government benefits. And said that they don't say names cause they aren't allowed to but didn't think any of it was about me. I in no way shape or form want anything from the government only the right kind of care for my child. I am extremely hurt by what he said. And Think that you know maybe there isn't anything wrong with him. Maybe he's just weird and quirky. I can't stop thinking about it. I don't know what to do. I am really starting to question if there is anything wrong at all. :-/P.S. This is my Son Colton http://www.youtube.com/user/bradleysmommy1?feature=mhee

Guest guest

No Colton doesn't talk. He babbles like a little baby, but no real words. He talks to himself almost constantly. And the rocking is all day and all night. He has scars from rocking, on his back he has like these lesion things from rocking against hard surfaces and it wont ever heal cause he continues to do it so often. I have been trying to get him to point at stuff since before he was a year old. And I wish he played normal with his toys seeing as how he has so many of them. I feel like half the time we just waste our money on toys because he doesn't play with them instead he just carries them around the house in his hand and/or throws them at people. To: autism-aspergers Sent: Tuesday, April 24, 2012 2:06 PM Subject: Re: I give up......

One more thing. He is darling! And, although in isolation, rocking and spinning can be perfectly normal...if he isn't talking...isn't pointing...doesn't play appropiately with most toys...doesn't reference....etc, etc...he is on the spectrum. Please don't doubt yourself. If I waited, my son would never have learned to talk...NEVER! My son also is "gifted" but has classic autism. And, he is currently mainstreamed in 3rd grade. I may homeschool him next year, though. Please BOYCOTT the movie 21 Jump Street! It makes fun of those with autism!

https://www.facebook.com/BoycottMovie21JumpStreetForAutism--- Subject: I give up......To: "autism-aspergers " <autism-aspergers >Date: Tuesday, April 24, 2012, 10:48 AM

So for the last 7 weeks that Coltons therapist has been coming to see him he has only showed up 3 times. He is suppose to come once a week for an hour. When he cancels he texts me minutes away from the appt. time. Which I find ridiculous. So I called yesterday to have Early Steps try and get me a different Therapist. And to have Colton tested for ASD. And to get him into a Gifted school. They accept children that have anything from developmental delays to Severe Retardation. And you can start at 18 months old. Everything went good til today. When The old Therapist comes to my house and is like well can you tell me why I'm not on your case anymore? And I calmly explained to him that I need someone more reliable. He mentioned that I should not seek a dx and that I should wait a

Guest guest

Call the therapists employer and report the entire conversation to him/her.

Sounds like someone who was trying to hurt you because he was caught in his own

bad behavior.

Guest guest

Omg are you serious. Colton does that to commercials too. I thought he just liked them a lot. He will not pay attention to much of anything else on t.v. That is so strange. I just thought he liked commercials. A lot of times he will stim to them. And a lot of times when he rocks he has to have a blanket or pillow or even the rug from the front door in his lap. kinda makes sense now..... To:

"autism-aspergers " <autism-aspergers > Sent: Tuesday, April 24, 2012 2:18 PM Subject: Re: I give up......

The guy sounds like an ass, sorry you had to deal with him! It's hard enough on a daily basis to deal with some people. What he did was not acceptable and he is the one who should be more comforting. I would report him! I watched your videos. My daughter did the same things. Her meltdowns were much more intense but I think your son's was having a meltdown. My daughter did the stimming and still does. One thing my daughter did we used to think was "funny" before we realized what it was. She would stop everything when commercials came on TV. She was so fascinated by any and all commercials anything it could be aspirin or cars she stopped everything. Please keep trying to get early intervention for your son. It has made a world of difference in our daughter and our lives. Do you have a Children's Hospital near you? I would make an appointment with them if you can. If guns kill people then pencils cause misspelled words From: sara degeer

To: "autism-aspergers " <autism-aspergers > Sent: Tuesday, April 24, 2012 12:48 PM Subject: I give up......

Guest guest

I just did. She was very upset that he had even shown up here because she talked to him yesterday about him not being on the case anymore. To: autism-aspergers Sent: Tuesday, April 24, 2012 2:36 PM Subject: Re: I give up......

Call the therapists employer and report the entire conversation to him/her. Sounds like someone who was trying to hurt you because he was caught in his own bad behavior.

Guest guest

Yea Colton was the same way he didn't learn how to roll over until he was 7 1/2 months old. Which is fairly late as it is in your case as well. He also couldn't crawl, sit up. He would smile at you all day long but never babbled or anything he didnt start that til about a year old. The only thing is with Colton he has amazing eye contact with his immediate family and my mom. But for strangers its very intense staring or he wont look at you at all. and when he stares at people i have noticed it make some people upset. I think it makes them feel uncomfortable. To: autism-aspergers Sent: Tuesday, April 24, 2012 1:59 PM Subject: Re: I give up......

I heard the same thing! We are in CA and used Early Intervention when my son was 10 months old and still wasn't rolling over, crawling, couldn't sit, etc. He also was VERY clearly on the spectrum as he wasn't babbling, didn't respond to his name, wasn't pointing, flapped and didn't play with any toys. Just stared at them from different angles. He started with PT. A shrink came to our home and told me "You are just looking for a dx. Everyone just wants a dx to get more services. It isn't right." I responded with "Are you kidding me? My kid has ever sign of autism there is...and, you think I want this? I don't want this....I just want help for my child!" She proceeded to tell me "Well, if you want a dx, go get it." I flipping

did. He was 20

months and there was NO questioning it. CLASSIC AUTISM! I got 25 hours per week of playbased ABA from that "B* & C^", OT and speech therapy. Not from her directly...but, she had to approve it. She wasn't happy. Basically, they say this because many parents will listen and then they don't have to shell out the cash for these kids. ;-(Don't listen to that wackadoodle!LoriPlease BOYCOTT the movie 21 Jump Street! It makes fun of those with autism!

https://www.facebook.com/BoycottMovie21JumpStreetForAutism--- Subject: Re: I give up......To: autism-aspergers Date: Tuesday, April 24, 2012, 10:52 AM

Good luck! Digges

So for the last 7 weeks that Coltons therapist has been coming to see him he has only showed up 3 times. He is suppose to come once a week for an hour. When he cancels he texts me minutes away from the appt. time. Which I find ridiculous. So I called yesterday to have Early Steps try and get me a different Therapist. And to have Colton tested for ASD. And to get him into a Gifted school. They accept children that have anything from developmental delays to Severe Retardation. And you can start at 18 months old. Everything went good til today. When The old Therapist comes to my house and is like well can you tell me why I'm not on your case anymore? And I calmly explained to him that I need someone more reliable. He mentioned that I should not seek a dx and that I should wait a few years if I am

told to do so. And then he

Guest guest

Chase always made good eye contact! :). Sent from my iPhone

Yea Colton was the same way he didn't learn how to roll over until he was 7 1/2 months old. Which is fairly late as it is in your case as well. He also couldn't crawl, sit up. He would smile at you all day long but never babbled or anything he didnt start that til about a year old. The only thing is with Colton he has amazing eye contact with his immediate family and my mom. But for strangers its very intense staring or he wont look at you at all. and when he stares at people i have noticed it make some people upset. I think it makes them feel uncomfortable. To: autism-aspergers Sent: Tuesday, April 24, 2012 1:59 PM Subject: Re: I give up......

I heard the same thing! We are in CA and used Early Intervention when my son was 10 months old and still wasn't rolling over, crawling, couldn't sit, etc. He also was VERY clearly on the spectrum as he wasn't babbling, didn't respond to his name, wasn't pointing, flapped and didn't play with any toys. Just stared at them from different angles. He started with PT. A shrink came to our home and told me "You are just looking for a dx. Everyone just wants a dx to get more services. It isn't right." I responded with "Are you kidding me? My kid has ever sign of autism there is...and, you think I want this? I don't want this....I just want help for my child!" She proceeded to tell me "Well, if you want a dx, go get it." I flipping

did. He was 20

Good luck! Digges

So for the last 7 weeks that Coltons therapist has been coming to see him he has only showed up 3 times. He is suppose to come once a week for an hour. When he cancels he texts me minutes away from the appt. time. Which I find ridiculous. So I called yesterday to have Early Steps try and get me a different Therapist. And to have Colton tested for ASD. And to get him into a Gifted school. They accept children that have anything from developmental delays to Severe Retardation. And you can start at 18 months old. Everything went good til today. When The old Therapist comes to my house and is like well can you tell me why I'm not on your case anymore? And I calmly explained to him that I need someone more reliable. He mentioned that I should not seek a dx and that I should wait a few years if I am

Guest guest

I understand! Chase was the same way!Sent from my iPhone

No Colton doesn't talk. He babbles like a little baby, but no real words. He talks to himself almost constantly. And the rocking is all day and all night. He has scars from rocking, on his back he has like these lesion things from rocking against hard surfaces and it wont ever heal cause he continues to do it so often. I have been trying to get him to point at stuff since before he was a year old. And I wish he played normal with his toys seeing as how he has so many of them. I feel like half the time we just waste our money on toys because he doesn't play with them instead he just carries them around the house in his hand and/or throws them at people. To: autism-aspergers Sent: Tuesday, April 24, 2012 2:06 PM Subject: Re: I give up......

=

Guest guest

Well everyone keeps telling me that he clearly can't have ASD because of the eye contact. But I keep coming into contact with people who have ASD or know someone that does and they are telling me different. And one person then pointed out the very extreme or intense eye contact almost like he is starring you down isn't so great either. And since I have had the baby, I have been noticing the same things in him and I am terrified. I don't wanna do this again. Only this time the new baby is not nearly as happy as Colton was as a baby. And Colton now has this new thing where he wants to watch everything upside down, like all the time and will walk bent over with his head on the floor. Its kinda funny actually... And thank you I love it when he

smiles it's so contagious. :) To: "autism-aspergers " <autism-aspergers > Sent: Tuesday, April 24, 2012 3:01 PM Subject: Re: I give up......

did. He was 20

Good luck! Digges

Guest guest

You mentioned the scars on his back from rocking? When the scars are sores does it stop him from rocking? My daughter has what I think is an incredibly high tolerance for pain. When she has skinned her knees and does this weird sound thing but won't cry. She does freak out at the sight of blood even if it is not her own. I think it is all part of the sensory issues. Ella did not speak until after her second birthday, but she did a lot of stuff early. When she finally did speak she was very articulate (well for a 26 -27 month old) if you or anyone wants to look at

her videos let me know, I will give you the link.As for toys Ella has/has the opposite of the Midas Touch, she intentionally took apart or broke most of her toys. If guns kill people then pencils cause misspelled words To: "autism-aspergers " <autism-aspergers > Sent: Tuesday, April 24, 2012 1:35 PM Subject: Re: I give up......

Guest guest

Ella is considered to have good eye contact too, however she looks through you not at you. And to this day Ella still likes to stand on her head. If guns kill people then pencils cause misspelled words To: "autism-aspergers " <autism-aspergers > Sent: Tuesday, April 24, 2012 2:13 PM Subject: Re: I give up......

Well everyone keeps telling me that he clearly can't have ASD because of the eye contact. But I keep coming into contact with people who have ASD or know someone that does and they are telling me different. And one person then pointed out the very extreme or intense eye contact almost like he is starring you down isn't so great either. And since I have had the baby, I have been noticing the same things in him and I am terrified. I don't wanna do this again. Only this time the new baby is not nearly as happy as Colton was as a baby. And Colton now has this new thing where he wants to watch everything upside down, like all the time and will walk bent over with his head on the floor. Its kinda funny actually... And thank you I love it when he

smiles it's so contagious. :) To: "autism-aspergers " <autism-aspergers > Sent: Tuesday, April 24, 2012 3:01 PM Subject: Re: I give up......

Yea Colton was the same way he didn't learn how to roll over until he was 7 1/2 months old. Which is fairly late as it is in your case as well. He also couldn't crawl, sit up. He would smile at you all day long but never babbled or anything he didnt start that til about a year old. The only thing is with Colton he has amazing eye contact with his immediate family and my mom. But for strangers its very intense staring or he wont look at you at all. and when he stares at people i have noticed it make some people upset. I think it makes them feel uncomfortable. From: Lori Yurtin

To: autism-aspergers Sent: Tuesday, April 24, 2012 1:59 PM Subject: Re: I give up......

did. He was 20

Good luck! Digges

Guest guest

Yes he rocks all the time It took the sores a couple months to heal because he would keep rocking. Colton has a very high pain tolerance as well just the other day he was sitting in my lap and started throwing a fit and did the limp noodle thing and slid out of my lap and when his knees hit the floor he kinda lunged forward and hit his forehead on the coffee table that is in the videos and didn't even cry. Just looked at me funny and walked away with a lump sticking out of his head about a 1/4 of an inch. It was huge and he should've cried. Here is a picture of it seconds after it happened. He was more upset that I was trying to hold him still to take the pic. :( To: "autism-aspergers " <autism-aspergers > Sent: Tuesday, April 24, 2012 3:47 PM Subject: Re: I give up......

You mentioned the scars on his back from rocking? When the scars are sores does it stop him from rocking? My daughter has what I think is an incredibly high tolerance for pain. When she has skinned her knees and does this weird sound thing but won't cry. She does freak out at the sight of blood even if it is not her own. I think it is all part of the sensory issues. Ella did not speak until after her second birthday, but she did a lot of stuff early. When she finally did speak she was very articulate (well for a 26 -27 month old)

if you or anyone wants to look at

her videos let me know, I will give you the link.As for toys Ella has/has the opposite of the Midas Touch, she intentionally took apart or broke most of her toys. If guns kill people then pencils cause misspelled words To: "autism-aspergers " <autism-aspergers > Sent: Tuesday, April 24, 2012 1:35 PM Subject: Re: I give up......

1 of 1 Photo(s)

Guest guest

i would like to see videos of your baby. :) To: "autism-aspergers " <autism-aspergers > Sent: Tuesday, April 24, 2012 3:51 PM Subject: Re: I give up......

Ella is considered to have good eye contact too, however she looks through you not at you. And to this day Ella still likes to stand on her head. If guns kill people then pencils cause misspelled words To: "autism-aspergers " <autism-aspergers > Sent: Tuesday, April 24, 2012 2:13 PM Subject: Re: I give up......

Yea Colton was the same way he didn't learn how to roll over until he was 7 1/2 months old. Which is fairly late as it is in your case as well. He also couldn't crawl, sit up. He would smile at you all day long but never babbled or anything he didnt start that til about a year old. The only thing is with Colton he has amazing eye contact with his immediate family and my mom. But for strangers its very intense staring or he wont look at you at all. and when he stares at people i have noticed it make some people upset. I think it makes them feel uncomfortable. From: Lori Yurtin

To: autism-aspergers Sent: Tuesday, April 24, 2012 1:59 PM Subject: Re: I give up......

did. He was 20

Good luck! Digges

Guest guest

The intense staring can be a red flag for autism. Autism isn't just 1 sign...it's a group of things.My son laughed and smiled but also cried for the 1st 10 months of his life!My son is super social...too much social. Says hi to everyone! Some Drs will say " can't have autism if social!". Oh please.What kid says "hi" to everyone?????LoriSent from my iPhone

did. He was 20

Good luck! Digges

=

Guest guest

And to further point out that our kids are so different and yet so much the sane....my son gas a very low tolerance for pain. A hang nail will set him off!Advil is our friend! LolIt is about the extremes....Sent from my iPhone

You mentioned the scars on his back from rocking? When the scars are sores does it stop him from rocking? My daughter has what I think is an incredibly high tolerance for pain. When she has skinned her knees and does this weird sound thing but won't cry. She does freak out at the sight of blood even if it is not her own. I think it is all part of the sensory issues. Ella did not speak until after her second birthday, but she did a lot of stuff early. When she finally did speak she was very articulate (well for a 26 -27 month old) if you or anyone wants to look at

Guest guest

One of my friends AS kid is like that, low tolerance for pain. It is about the extreme, I think that is why so many people say I have seen a kid do this or that...... If guns kill people then pencils cause misspelled words To: "autism-aspergers "

<autism-aspergers > Cc: "autism-aspergers " <autism-aspergers > Sent: Tuesday, April 24, 2012 3:08 PM Subject: Re: I give up......

And to further point out that our kids are so different and yet so much the sane....my son gas a very low tolerance for pain. A hang nail will set him off!Advil is our friend! LolIt is about the extremes....Sent from my iPhone

You mentioned the scars on his back from rocking? When the scars are sores does it stop him from rocking? My daughter has what I think is an incredibly high tolerance for pain. When she has skinned her knees and does this weird sound thing but won't cry. She does freak out at the sight of blood even if it is not her own. I think it is all part of the sensory issues. Ella did not speak until after her second birthday, but she did a lot of stuff early. When she finally did speak she was very articulate (well for a 26 -27 month old)

if you or anyone wants to look at

Guest guest

I just sent a link to your email it should take you to the others of Ella. If guns kill people then pencils cause misspelled words To: "autism-aspergers " <autism-aspergers > Sent: Tuesday, April 24,

2012 2:58 PM Subject: Re: I give up......

i would like to see videos of your baby. :) To: "autism-aspergers " <autism-aspergers > Sent: Tuesday, April 24, 2012 3:51 PM Subject: Re: I give up......

did. He was 20

Good luck! Digges

Guest guest

I think liking commercials is not atypical for all kids. My daughter is not on the spectrum at all, and she'll come running from another room for commercials-- not even on kid shows, any TV.Pursue an evaluation, because you are concerned. But remember that just like you know that Colton making eye contact doesn't rule out autism, neither does stimming or having meltdowns automatically rule in autism. There are so many factors to consider, and a whole DSM-IV qualification to meet. A good evaluation will help sort it all out. In the meantime, start doing what you would do if he did have autism. You don't have to wait for a diagnosis to do that. Provide a language rich environment. If he is rocking until he has sores, I would not let that happen. Engage him in a different activity when he starts rocking. Play, play, play. He doesn't play with his toys? Teach him how! Play along with him, show him how to use it. Does he currently receive speech therapy? Ask the SLP for some suggestions of how to work with him at home. If not, there are a lot of great early learning blogs that could help give you ideas. At the very least, read to him, as much as possible. Sent from my iPad

Omg are you serious. Colton does that to commercials too. I thought he just liked them a lot. He will not pay attention to much of anything else on t.v. That is so strange. I just thought he liked commercials. A lot of times he will stim to them. And a lot of times when he rocks he has to have a blanket or pillow or even the rug from the front door in his lap. kinda makes sense now..... To:

"autism-aspergers " <autism-aspergers > Sent: Tuesday, April 24, 2012 2:18 PM Subject: Re: I give up......

Guest guest

Excellent advice ! I did that too! ;)Sent from my iPhone

I think liking commercials is not atypical for all kids. My daughter is not on the spectrum at all, and she'll come running from another room for commercials-- not even on kid shows, any TV.Pursue an evaluation, because you are concerned. But remember that just like you know that Colton making eye contact doesn't rule out autism, neither does stimming or having meltdowns automatically rule in autism. There are so many factors to consider, and a whole DSM-IV qualification to meet. A good evaluation will help sort it all out. In the meantime, start doing what you would do if he did have autism. You don't have to wait for a diagnosis to do that. Provide a language rich environment. If he is rocking until he has sores, I would not let that happen. Engage him in a different activity when he starts rocking. Play, play, play. He doesn't play with his toys? Teach him how! Play along with him, show him how to use it. Does he currently receive speech therapy? Ask the SLP for some suggestions of how to work with him at home. If not, there are a lot of great early learning blogs that could help give you ideas. At the very least, read to him, as much as possible. Sent from my iPad

=

Guest guest

that's funny because all three of my kids can be hyper focused on the tv but once the commercial comes on they are up my butt!! To: "autism-aspergers " <autism-aspergers > Sent: Tuesday, April 24, 2012 6:22 PM Subject: Re: I give

up......

I think liking commercials is not atypical for all kids. My daughter is not on the spectrum at all, and she'll come running from another room for commercials-- not even on kid shows, any TV.Pursue an evaluation, because you are concerned. But remember that just like you know that Colton making eye contact doesn't rule out autism, neither does stimming or having meltdowns automatically rule in autism. There are so many factors to consider, and a whole DSM-IV qualification to meet. A good evaluation will help sort it all out. In the meantime, start doing what you would do if he did have autism. You don't have to wait for a diagnosis to do that. Provide a language rich environment. If he is rocking until he has sores, I would not let that happen. Engage him in a different activity when he starts rocking. Play, play, play. He doesn't play with his toys?

Teach him how! Play along with him, show him how to use it. Does he currently receive speech therapy? Ask the SLP for some suggestions of how to work with him at home. If not, there are a lot of great early learning blogs that could help give you ideas. At the very least, read to him, as much as possible. Sent from my iPad

Guest guest

A diagnosis is useful for many things, but with or without a

diagnosis you have to focus on working to help him.  The earlier

this starts the better.  But I would insist on getting a diagnosis. 

You will meet many people who wish they had gotten a diagnosis for

their child/ren earlier - or for themselves - but I have yet to meet

someone who regretted getting one.  Sometimes our own reluctance

(for many reasons, some of them very good reasons) to find out works

against us.

I think liking commercials is not atypical for all

kids.  My daughter is not on the spectrum at all, and

she'll come running from another room for commercials--

not even on kid shows, any TV.

Pursue an evaluation, because you are concerned.  But

remember that just like you know that Colton making eye

contact doesn't rule out autism, neither does stimming or

having meltdowns automatically rule in autism. There are

so many factors to consider, and a whole DSM-IV

qualification to meet. A good evaluation will help sort it

all out. 

In the meantime, start doing what you would do if he

did have autism. You don't have to wait for a diagnosis to

do that.  Provide a language rich environment.  If he is

rocking until he has sores, I would not let that happen.

Engage him in a different activity when he starts rocking.

Play,  play, play. He doesn't play with his toys? Teach

him how! Play ! along with him, show him how to use it.

Does he currently receive speech therapy? Ask the SLP for

some suggestions of how to work with him at home.  If not,

there are a lot of great early learning blogs that could

help give you ideas.  At the very least, read to him,  as

much as possible. 

Sent from my iPad

On Apr 24, 2012, at 2:39 PM, sara degeer

wrote:

Omg are you serious. Colton does that to

commercials too. I thought he just liked them a

lot. He will not pay attention to much of

anything else on t.v. That is so strange. I just