RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Re: Lois this is so long

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Pat,

You are a very insightful advocate and grandmother for Karac. I wouldnt hesistate to read your emails especially things that would help me with gabe also.

Pat,

That is incredible you foresight and dediation in a very volitair (sp) situation. You an amazing woman!

Lois this is so long

It was really rough when Karac had aggression when he was withdrawn from the Geodon.

I wore a heavy wool coat and boxing glove mittens when I saw it coming on and I would tell

him to get in the tub in the bathroom and I would give him an Epson Salt bath. I would think he

was going to break the glass door or slosh water all over the floor

because he would rage until it calmed him down. When he got out I would tell him to go

upstairs and lay down on a pallet that I made between his bed and the wall. I would play his music

and get him a toasted pop tart or a hot dog to eat. Usually we would go through this at least twice

in a day. Sometimes I could just tell him to go upstairs and lay down on the pallet, and I wouldn't

go up until he had calmed down; then I would go up and turn on the music and take him something

warm to eat like a garlic bun (which he loved; I made it with half a hot dog bun spread with garlic butter

and toasted in the toaster oven).

I wore that hot coat practically the entire hot summer.even when I

took him for a walk. We walked every day. I live next to a church, and we would walk over there because

I wanted to keep him away from other people. I was afraid to get too far from the house. I also taught Karac

to pray, "God help me be calm". I also would sing songs with him. I bought him a tire swing and sometimes

that would help. Fortunately, with Karac I could tell when he was losing control. The first three weeks I had

to sleep in that coat with the hood on and the gloves because he would wake up in the night and attack me.

Sometimes I would take him riding in my minivan and I felt safe there because he always sat buckled in the

back and I would play his Sheryl Crow CD. I keep his blanket in the car and snacks in the back for him .(Usually

a Granny Apple and water).

I also kept a crushed half of Clonidine pill .in my purse at all times which I would give him in an emergency in a sippy cup. of water;

It would enter the blood stream faster and calm him down in about 20 minutes.

There were times that I would lock myself in the bedroom or bathroom and through the door

Guest guest

This really sounds like seizure activity. Has he been checked by a neurologist?Heidi Re: Lois this is so long

I don't post very much, but my grandson Tristan, age 13, has been very violent toward me and once his equatherapy therapist. The severe behavior has been a few times in the last 3 weeks. He is now my heighth (5 ft.) and is stronger than I am. He hits people in the chest hard, but he also hurts himself badly also. A look comes over his face, and his horse therapists thinks it is seizures. If so, it is not typical seizures. He is not on meds, as he didn't do well years ago when he was on Abilify. I am very concerned. He also crys during or immediately after an episode and it is obvious he is in distress. When it is over he comes toward me and says "gentle" and looks very scared. It is horrible.

C.

Guest guest

This really sounds like seizure activity. Has he been checked by a neurologist?Heidi Re: Lois this is so long

I don't post very much, but my grandson Tristan, age 13, has been very violent toward me and once his equatherapy therapist. The severe behavior has been a few times in the last 3 weeks. He is now my heighth (5 ft.) and is stronger than I am. He hits people in the chest hard, but he also hurts himself badly also. A look comes over his face, and his horse therapists thinks it is seizures. If so, it is not typical seizures. He is not on meds, as he didn't do well years ago when he was on Abilify. I am very concerned. He also crys during or immediately after an episode and it is obvious he is in distress. When it is over he comes toward me and says "gentle" and looks very scared. It is horrible.

C.

Guest guest

Pat,

I am hoping that cutting down on the suger will help him from getting diabeties The zpraxa causes you to want to eat alot.....I just have to watch the suger he gets. When this first started J was taking 5mg at night and a half of 5mg in the morning. We took the morning dose away for a week and J did good then we cut the 5mg at night to half a tab for another week and then the Dr. said to quit giving it to him.....He lasted good for another week then BAM! thats when he got agressive.

He was "tapping" me today but not "hitting" at me. I can see the difference in him....its like he is getting his personowity (sp)? back since we put him back on the zpraxa.

When Jake fell he broke his hips,back and his left leg....He was in a wheelchair for a couple of months. He gets shots in his back to help with the pain he still has. Lois

Guest guest

Pat,

I am hoping that cutting down on the suger will help him from getting diabeties The zpraxa causes you to want to eat alot.....I just have to watch the suger he gets. When this first started J was taking 5mg at night and a half of 5mg in the morning. We took the morning dose away for a week and J did good then we cut the 5mg at night to half a tab for another week and then the Dr. said to quit giving it to him.....He lasted good for another week then BAM! thats when he got agressive.

He was "tapping" me today but not "hitting" at me. I can see the difference in him....its like he is getting his personowity (sp)? back since we put him back on the zpraxa.

When Jake fell he broke his hips,back and his left leg....He was in a wheelchair for a couple of months. He gets shots in his back to help with the pain he still has. Lois

Guest guest

Lana,

JJ is 22 and I have a son who is 37 and 2 grandsons. Yes-I water his soda down or I give him Diet now.

Why is your one son in a group home? JJ can put small sentences together but is not good with a conversation. He is very phyisacal. He loves to swim,ride a bike,skate. Dr, Brenner put J on Litieum last friday a week ago. I took him back off of it and went back to the 5mg of zpraxa at night.

I think J is allergic to the litieum. Lois

Guest guest

Lana,

JJ is 22 and I have a son who is 37 and 2 grandsons. Yes-I water his soda down or I give him Diet now.

Why is your one son in a group home? JJ can put small sentences together but is not good with a conversation. He is very phyisacal. He loves to swim,ride a bike,skate. Dr, Brenner put J on Litieum last friday a week ago. I took him back off of it and went back to the 5mg of zpraxa at night.

Guest guest

That is how J looks! The only thing that has helped J is zpraxa. The problem is it makes you very hungrey and you gain weight on it which can cause high suger which is what J got.

Albilify didn't work for J either.

Guest guest

That is how J looks! The only thing that has helped J is zpraxa. The problem is it makes you very hungrey and you gain weight on it which can cause high suger which is what J got.

Albilify didn't work for J either.

Guest guest

It could be but J was having trouble with the hitting before that. Lois

Guest guest

It could be but J was having trouble with the hitting before that. Lois

Guest guest

Lois, You are strong and wise. I'll continue to pray for you and J.

Love and blessings, Pat K

Pat,

Guest guest

Lois, You are strong and wise. I'll continue to pray for you and J.

Love and blessings, Pat K

Pat,

Guest guest

My son Robbie is in a group home because he was lashing out at me and making a lot of noise. Neighbors at our apartment complex complained about him and we were going to be evicted. Luckily, we found a home for him. He stayed there for about a year until they shut down so now he is at a better place which is closer to us. He comes home every two weeks. He was hitting, kicking, screaming. I miss him tons but feel he is doing better at the group home.

Good idea about the Zyprexa. What do you think of Dr. Brenner?

Lana

From: lois noland <jlois@...>autism Sent: Sun, October 25, 2009 7:44:57 PMSubject: Re: Lois this is so long

Lana,

Guest guest

You are the best grandma/mommy in the world!!!!!!!! You do what we do and more ;) You are God's gift to that precious boy and he is better because of you....God will not allow the love you have shown him to come back empty....

Love you,

e

From: "pkuenstler@..." <pkuenstler@...>autism Sent: Fri, October 23, 2009 7:30:30 AMSubject: Re: Lois this is so long

I'm amazed that anyone would read all that. I should have hit cancel

after I wrote all of that. LOL, LOL Love and blessings, Pat K Re: Lois this is so long

Pat,That is incredible you foresight and dediation in a very volitair (sp) situation. You an amazing woman! Lois this is so longIt was really rough when Karac had aggression when he was withdrawn from the Geodon.I wore a heavy wool coat and boxing glove mittens when I saw it coming on and I would tellhim to get in the tub in the bathroom and I would give him an Epson Salt bath. I would think hewas going to break the glass door or slosh water all over the floorbecause he would rage until it calmed him down. When he got out I would tell him to goupstairs and lay down on a pallet that I made between his bed and the wall. I would play his musicand get him a toasted pop tart or a hot dog to eat. Usually we would go through this at least twice in a day. Sometimes I could just tell him to go upstairs and lay down on the pallet, and I wouldn'tgo up

until he had calmed down; then I would go up and turn on the music and take him somethingwarm to eat like a garlic bun (which he loved; I made it with half a hot dog bun spread with garlic butterand toasted in the toaster oven). I wore that hot coat practically the entire hot summer.even when Itook him for a walk. We walked every day. I live next to a church, and we would walk over there becauseI wanted to keep him away from other people. I was afraid to get too far from the house. I also taught Karacto pray, "God help me be calm". I also would sing songs with him. I bought him a tire swing and sometimesthat would help. Fortunately, with Karac I could tell when he was losing control. The first three weeks I hadto sleep in that coat with the hood on and the gloves because he would wake up in the night and attack me.Sometimes I would take him riding in my minivan and I felt safe there

because he always sat buckled in theback and I would play his Sheryl Crow CD. I keep his blanket in the car and snacks in the back for him .(Usuallya Granny Apple and water).I also kept a crushed half of Clonidine pill .in my purse at all times which I would give him in an emergency in a sippy cup. of water;It would enter the blood stream faster and calm him down in about 20 minutes. There were times that I would lock myself in the bedroom or bathroom and through the door

Guest guest

Some of our kids don't do well on Abilify...There are other meds out there that can help. So sorry he is going through this...please knowt hat puberty can be an awful time for our kids, and it is then that they may need meds to help....

e

From: Carlson <cathykay@...>autism Sent: Sun, October 25, 2009 11:53:55 AMSubject: Re: Lois this is so long

C.

Guest guest

Any child with suspected Seizure activity should be seen and quickly...We see a Neurologist and adore her...very informative.

From: "theshabbysheep@..." <theshabbysheep@...>autism Sent: Sun, October 25, 2009 6:34:02 PMSubject: Re: Re: Lois this is so long

This really sounds like seizure activity. Has he been checked by a neurologist?

Heidi Re: Lois this is so long

C.

Guest guest

pat and all,

J had a good day at awakenings today! And tonight he isen't doing to bad. I got him signed up to go to the YMCA here and he can go with me or the day program for swimming. He is excited about that. They are going to take him this wednesday. Lois

Guest guest

pat and all,

J had a good day at awakenings today! And tonight he isen't doing to bad. I got him signed up to go to the YMCA here and he can go with me or the day program for swimming. He is excited about that. They are going to take him this wednesday. Lois

Guest guest

I think Dr. Brenner is a very nice man but he tryies to put to much on his plate and then forgets what he has asked to have done. He put J on litium but hasen't called to ask how he is doing and I can't see him until Feb. J is doing better since I put him back on Zpraxa. Lois

Guest guest

I think Dr. Brenner is a very nice man but he tryies to put to much on his plate and then forgets what he has asked to have done. He put J on litium but hasen't called to ask how he is doing and I can't see him until Feb. J is doing better since I put him back on Zpraxa. Lois

Guest guest

Yea!! That is great news!! I'll keep praying. Love and blessings, Pat K

pat and all,

Guest guest

Yea!! That is great news!! I'll keep praying. Love and blessings, Pat K

pat and all,

Guest guest

I tend to agree with you. He wanted us to do all these blood tests but I could not afford them. I am glad that you put your child back on Zyprexa. My son Robbie takes it and there is such an imprvement in him.

From: lois noland <jlois@...>autism Sent: Mon, October 26, 2009 7:04:08 PMSubject: Re: Lois this is so long

Guest guest

I tend to agree with you. He wanted us to do all these blood tests but I could not afford them. I am glad that you put your child back on Zyprexa. My son Robbie takes it and there is such an imprvement in him.

From: lois noland <jlois@...>autism Sent: Mon, October 26, 2009 7:04:08 PMSubject: Re: Lois this is so long