RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Re: stomach damage, caused by potassium tablets

Rate this topic

Guest guest

http://ndb.nal.usda.govMay your pressure be low!CE Grim MS, MDSpecializing in DifficultHypertensionOn May 27, 2012, at 12:18, Arend de Haan <arenddehaan@...> wrote:

I'v searched for V8 on http://www.campbellsoup.com/Home, but unfortunately with no results. Van: Francis Bill SUSPECTED PAVerzonden: donderdag 24 mei 2012 15:46Aan: hyperaldosteronism Onderwerp: Re: stomach damage, caused by potassium tablets It is made by Soup.> > > > > > > > > > In The Netherlands indeed one can

purchase V-8, I'm not sure if it is low> sodium, shall ask that company in The Hague about this aspect. My daily> medication in 300 mg spiro + 75 mg atenolol + 30 mg propranolol + 3.000 mg> K. Testresults: K in blood between 3.5 and 4.0 mmol/l. Taking less K> immediately resukts in falling down of K value in blood tot below 3.0> mmol/l. Male, 61 yrs, 6 feet, 92 kg. No, I am not Dashing, but I'm following> a similar diet with many vegetables and fruits, enough protein, hardly any> fat and low calories.> > Arend> > > > Van: Valarie > Verzonden: woensdag 23 mei 2012 19:05> Aan: hyperaldosteronism > Onderwerp: RE: stomach damage, caused by potassium> tablets> > > > > > Can you get V-8 juice in the Netherlands? If so, you should be

able to get> low sodium (Na) V-8. Why are you taking so much potassium (K)? Are you> DASHing? Are you on HTN medicines? Where are your test results?> > > > Val> > > > From: hyperaldosteronism > [mailto:hyperaldosteronism ] On Behalf Of Arend de Haan> > > My intake was 3.000 mg K.> > Until 2006 in 3 tablets of 1,000 mg K, since that year 5 tablets of 600 mg> K. > I assume this gives me 40 mEq of K.> > I don't understand what "a cup of low Na V-8" is.> > Is this part of the DASHing diet?> > Can I get this in The Netherlands?> > Thanks for your time and information!> > Kind regards,> > Arend de

Haan>

Guest guest

Be sure it is low sodium V-8. Regular V-8 has way too much salt. Val From: hyperaldosteronism [mailto:hyperaldosteronism ] On Behalf Of Arend de Haan Yes, I have written them an old-fashioned letter with my question: in which shops can I buy V8 juice?No e-mail address available on that site..

Guest guest

Good keep us posted. One of the best articles I refer to was from a Dutch Grouo that showed in classic PA LOW SODIUM diet will reverse the BP and lowers total body sodium. I will see f I can find the reference. I know a number of HTN EXPERTs in Holland. And visitD there for a 1 week speaking tour about severe HTN and the use of Minosidil when it first came out. Perhaps you can do a pubmed on primary Aldo and the name MAD Schalenkamp (? Sp). May your pressure be low!CE Grim MS, MDSpecializing in DifficultHypertensionOn May 27, 2012, at 12:03, Arend de Haan <arenddehaan@...> wrote:

In 1995 I was diagnosed for hyperaldosteronism, based on (inter alia) aldosterone and renin tests. In 1994 I had venous sampling: but that was not succesfull due to an abnormal pattern of the veins. I had a CT of my adrenals three times: 1992, 2000 and 2008, always with the result: enlarged adrenals on both sides, no adenomas. I've been subscribe atenolol as an extra medication (next to spironolactone) to lower the blood pressure. This is still too high I think, especially the systolic value: about 155 to 165 mm Hg, diastolic is OK with about 78. Propranolol is taken 30 mg daily two give a regular heartbeat.As far as I know, in our country doctors do not use any diets, treating hypertension or hyperaldosteronism. In the best case it is advisable to mind your salt (sodium) intake. So DASHing is

not a standard thing to do in The Netherlands. Since I have problems with my stomach due to potassium, I'm now very interested in (partly) replacing that "drug" by food, which has a high amount of potassium in it. Yesterday I bought on ebay 2 books about DASHing, and I started to search for V8 availability in NL. Arend Van: hyperaldosteronism [mailto:hyperaldosteronism ] Namens Valarie Verzonden: woensdag 23 mei 2012 20:46Aan: hyperaldosteronism Onderwerp:

RE: stomach damage, caused by potassium tablets Have you had urinary testing for sodium and potassium? Results? That usually tells how well you're DASHing. Be aware that meat is often infused with sodium. You have to look for uninfused meat. Have you had aldosterone and renin tests? Results? Have you had a CT of the adrenals? Why are you taking two B-Blockers? Where is your blood pressure with your combination? Val From: hyperaldosteronism [mailto:hyperaldosteronism ] On Behalf Of Arend de HaanIn The Netherlands indeed one can purchase V-8, I'm not sure if it is low sodium, shall ask that company in The Hague about this aspect. My daily medication in 300 mg spiro + 75 mg atenolol + 30 mg propranolol + 3.000 mg K. Testresults: K in blood between 3.5 and 4.0 mmol/l. Taking less K immediately resukts in falling down of K value in blood tot below 3.0 mmol/l. Male, 61 yrs, 6 feet, 92 kg. No, I am not Dashing, but I'm following a similar

diet with many vegetables and fruits, enough protein, hardly any fat and low calories.Arend.

Guest guest

Be certain u get the DASH BOOK by T MOORE. It is the best. You can also download most of the studies by doing a pubmed using DASH diet trials. May your pressure be low!CE Grim MS, MDSpecializing in DifficultHypertensionOn May 27, 2012, at 12:36, Bingham <jlkbbk2003@...> wrote:

Most developed countries adopt or join the consensus with the American Heart Associations recommendations. I can't imagine any doctors in any country anywhere not having some understanding of the relationship between diet and health.

Likely, your medicines help some at lowering your blood pressure, but they aren't the only answer. You are probably over salting the medication - getting too much salt in your diet - and we know that at some limits sodium it negates the effects of the medication in us, because we have a problem. The person without hyperaldosteronism doesn't have to worry as much, though we all should lower our salt intake.

So the key may be you, not the medicine or anything else. I realize we all want a pill to fix everything but if you lower your salt (sodium) intake to less than 1500mg a day I bet it is just the extra you need to lower your blood pressure to a respectable and good level (that means not just putting salt on things as that is very little, but watching what you buy and eat and eating foods and buying foods low in salt), Hopefully, you know your potassium levels too and are on that if you need to be because if you are outsalting the medication it is likely you are also losing potassium (maybe not). Do you get up to urinate alot at night? If so, you can bet you're losing potassium and if so you probably feel tired, foggy, weak, etc.

Here is a link to the DASH in Dutch

http://www.news-medical.net/health/DASH-Diet-What-is-the-DASH-Diet-(Dutch).aspx

From: Arend de Haan <arenddehaan@...>Subject: RE: stomach damage, caused by potassium tabletshyperaldosteronism Date: Sunday, May 27, 2012, 12:03 PM

In 1995 I was diagnosed for hyperaldosteronism, based on (inter alia) aldosterone and renin tests. In 1994 I had venous sampling: but that was not succesfull due to an abnormal pattern of the veins. I had a CT of my adrenals three times: 1992, 2000 and 2008, always with the result: enlarged adrenals on both sides, no adenomas. I've been subscribe atenolol as an extra medication (next to spironolactone) to lower the blood pressure. This is still too high I think, especially the systolic value: about 155 to 165 mm Hg, diastolic is OK with about 78. Propranolol is taken 30 mg daily two give a regular heartbeat.

As far as I know, in our country doctors do not use any diets, treating hypertension or hyperaldosteronism. In the best case it is advisable to mind your salt (sodium) intake. So DASHing is not a standard thing to do in The Netherlands. Since I have problems with my stomach due to potassium, I'm now very interested in (partly) replacing that "drug" by food, which has a high amount of potassium in it. Yesterday I bought on ebay 2 books about DASHing, and I started to search for V8 availability in NL.

Arend

Van: hyperaldosteronism [mailto:hyperaldosteronism ] Namens Valarie Verzonden: woensdag 23 mei 2012 20:46Aan: hyperaldosteronism Onderwerp: RE: stomach damage, caused by potassium tablets

Have you had urinary testing for sodium and potassium? Results? That usually tells how well you're DASHing. Be aware that meat is often infused with sodium. You have to look for uninfused meat. Have you had aldosterone and renin tests? Results? Have you had a CT of the adrenals? Why are you taking two B-Blockers? Where is your blood pressure with your combination?

Val

From: hyperaldosteronism [mailto:hyperaldosteronism ] On Behalf Of Arend de Haan

In The Netherlands indeed one can purchase V-8, I'm not sure if it is low sodium, shall ask that company in The Hague about this aspect. My daily medication in 300 mg spiro + 75 mg atenolol + 30 mg propranolol + 3.000 mg K. Testresults: K in blood between 3.5 and 4.0 mmol/l. Taking less K immediately resukts in falling down of K value in blood tot below 3.0 mmol/l. Male, 61 yrs, 6 feet, 92 kg. No, I am not Dashing, but I'm following a similar diet with many vegetables and fruits, enough protein, hardly any fat and low calories.Arend

Guest guest

If you have read my review of the evolution of PA YOU will note that BB do not lower BP well in PA. I Would also take a copy to your medical team. Tell them I was invited to talk at a Boorhave Symposium (and did) in May your pressure be low!he Netherlads as noted in my CV. AND THAT I TRAINED by Dr Conn. and I love fried eel. CE Grim MS, MDSpecializing in DifficultHypertensionOn May 27, 2012, at 12:03, Arend de Haan <arenddehaan@...> wrote:

In 1995 I was diagnosed for hyperaldosteronism, based on (inter alia) aldosterone and renin tests. In 1994 I had venous sampling: but that was not succesfull due to an abnormal pattern of the veins. I had a CT of my adrenals three times: 1992, 2000 and 2008, always with the result: enlarged adrenals on both sides, no adenomas. I've been subscribe atenolol as an extra medication (next to spironolactone) to lower the blood pressure. This is still too high I think, especially the systolic value: about 155 to 165 mm Hg, diastolic is OK with about 78. Propranolol is taken 30 mg daily two give a regular heartbeat.As far as I know, in our country doctors do not use any diets, treating hypertension or hyperaldosteronism. In the best case it is advisable to mind your salt (sodium) intake. So DASHing is

not a standard thing to do in The Netherlands. Since I have problems with my stomach due to potassium, I'm now very interested in (partly) replacing that "drug" by food, which has a high amount of potassium in it. Yesterday I bought on ebay 2 books about DASHing, and I started to search for V8 availability in NL. Arend Van: hyperaldosteronism [mailto:hyperaldosteronism ] Namens Valarie Verzonden: woensdag 23 mei 2012 20:46Aan: hyperaldosteronism Onderwerp:

RE: stomach damage, caused by potassium tablets Have you had urinary testing for sodium and potassium? Results? That usually tells how well you're DASHing. Be aware that meat is often infused with sodium. You have to look for uninfused meat. Have you had aldosterone and renin tests? Results? Have you had a CT of the adrenals? Why are you taking two B-Blockers? Where is your blood pressure with your combination? Val From: hyperaldosteronism [mailto:hyperaldosteronism ] On Behalf Of Arend de HaanIn The Netherlands indeed one can purchase V-8, I'm not sure if it is low sodium, shall ask that company in The Hague about this aspect. My daily medication in 300 mg spiro + 75 mg atenolol + 30 mg propranolol + 3.000 mg K. Testresults: K in blood between 3.5 and 4.0 mmol/l. Taking less K immediately resukts in falling down of K value in blood tot below 3.0 mmol/l. Male, 61 yrs, 6 feet, 92 kg. No, I am not Dashing, but I'm following a similar

diet with many vegetables and fruits, enough protein, hardly any fat and low calories.Arend.

Guest guest

You are welcome Arend.

I like the idea of throwing things in a blender too, great idea! There are

many, many versions of home-made v-8 juice on the internet, just google and you

will come up with a variety.

I am not a fan of veggie juice, so will throw into the juicer banana, apples,

carrots, spinach (can't really taste it with all the sweetness). Apricots and

prunes are a good source of potassium also. If I am feeling like I need to

boost the potassium for the day I can add 1 tsp of molasses to my blended drink

to add 500 mg potassium. Tart cherry juice is another good high k drink.

My suggestion is to keep a log and write down what you are putting into your

mouth each day. Keep a column for sodium and another column for potassium.

Initially you will be looking up the values of foods and doing homework.

However, you will get an understanding of it after a while and start having an

overall knowledge of what you can and can't do.

Again, watch out for raw meats(they can be sodium injected - ask before buying),

baked goods, sauces, processed foods. This is where sodium hides. It is very

hard to find processed meats that are low sodium. Frozen foods can have very,

very high sodium.

Unsweetened greek yogurt has about 250 mg. k per serving (depending on brand)

and very little sodium.

Canned kidney or black beans are another good source of K, however they usually

are canned with salt in a solution. Rinse well, if you want to eat these now

and then. Watch out also for canned fish, this also may have a lot of na. Read

labels and get unsalted varieties.

When eating out, just ask that there be no salt added to your food. Ask that

there be no sauces or butter added also. Condiments and salad dressings will be

an issue too. I carry with me aged balsamic vinegar and olive oil to use on my

foods. When dining out I usually will order a steak (with no salt) and steamed

veggies (no butter).

I like to carry with me some unsalted nuts, raisins or other dried fruits,

carrot sticks, if I get a bit hungry between meals or am traveling. I don't

know if you have these where you are at, but Lara Bars are wonderful (dried

dates, nuts and other fruit with zero sodium added).

It takes some getting used to, but once you are into it for a few weeks, you

will find that the you can truly taste the foods you eat and their delicious

flavor.

Enjoy the journey!

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > > In The Netherlands indeed one can purchase V-8, I'm not sure if it is

> low

> > > sodium, shall ask that company in The Hague about this aspect. My daily

> > > medication in 300 mg spiro + 75 mg atenolol + 30 mg propranolol + 3.000

> mg

> > > K. Testresults: K in blood between 3.5 and 4.0 mmol/l. Taking less K

> > > immediately resukts in falling down of K value in blood tot below 3.0

> > > mmol/l. Male, 61 yrs, 6 feet, 92 kg. No, I am not Dashing, but I'm

> > following

> > > a similar diet with many vegetables and fruits, enough protein, hardly

> any

> > > fat and low calories.

> > >

> > > Arend

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > > Van: Valarie

> > > Verzonden: woensdag 23 mei 2012 19:05

> > > Aan: hyperaldosteronism

> <mailto:hyperaldosteronism%40>

> > <mailto:hyperaldosteronism%40>

> > > Onderwerp: RE: stomach damage, caused by potassium

> > > tablets

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > > Can you get V-8 juice in the Netherlands? If so, you should be able to

> get

> > > low sodium (Na) V-8. Why are you taking so much potassium (K)? Are you

> > > DASHing? Are you on HTN medicines? Where are your test results?

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > > Val

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > > From: hyperaldosteronism

> > > [mailto:hyperaldosteronism

> > <mailto:hyperaldosteronism%40> ] On Behalf Of Arend de Haan

> > >

> > >

> > > My intake was 3.000 mg K.

> > >

> > > Until 2006 in 3 tablets of 1,000 mg K, since that year 5 tablets of 600

> mg

> > > K.

> > > I assume this gives me 40 mEq of K.

> > >

> > > I don't understand what " a cup of low Na V-8 " is.

> > >

> > > Is this part of the DASHing diet?

> > >

> > > Can I get this in The Netherlands?

> > >

> > > Thanks for your time and information!

> > >

> > > Kind regards,

> > >

> > > Arend de Haan

> > >

> >

>

Guest guest

And you BP will likely be better and u will begin to feel better. May your pressure be low!CE Grim MS, MDSpecializing in DifficultHypertensionOn May 27, 2012, at 23:03, dsmemory <dsmemory@...> wrote:

You are welcome Arend.

I like the idea of throwing things in a blender too, great idea! There are many, many versions of home-made v-8 juice on the internet, just google and you will come up with a variety.

I am not a fan of veggie juice, so will throw into the juicer banana, apples, carrots, spinach (can't really taste it with all the sweetness). Apricots and prunes are a good source of potassium also. If I am feeling like I need to boost the potassium for the day I can add 1 tsp of molasses to my blended drink to add 500 mg potassium. Tart cherry juice is another good high k drink.

My suggestion is to keep a log and write down what you are putting into your mouth each day. Keep a column for sodium and another column for potassium. Initially you will be looking up the values of foods and doing homework. However, you will get an understanding of it after a while and start having an overall knowledge of what you can and can't do.

Again, watch out for raw meats(they can be sodium injected - ask before buying), baked goods, sauces, processed foods. This is where sodium hides. It is very hard to find processed meats that are low sodium. Frozen foods can have very, very high sodium.

Unsweetened greek yogurt has about 250 mg. k per serving (depending on brand) and very little sodium.

Canned kidney or black beans are another good source of K, however they usually are canned with salt in a solution. Rinse well, if you want to eat these now and then. Watch out also for canned fish, this also may have a lot of na. Read labels and get unsalted varieties.

When eating out, just ask that there be no salt added to your food. Ask that there be no sauces or butter added also. Condiments and salad dressings will be an issue too. I carry with me aged balsamic vinegar and olive oil to use on my foods. When dining out I usually will order a steak (with no salt) and steamed veggies (no butter).

I like to carry with me some unsalted nuts, raisins or other dried fruits, carrot sticks, if I get a bit hungry between meals or am traveling. I don't know if you have these where you are at, but Lara Bars are wonderful (dried dates, nuts and other fruit with zero sodium added).

It takes some getting used to, but once you are into it for a few weeks, you will find that the you can truly taste the foods you eat and their delicious flavor.

Enjoy the journey!

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > > In The Netherlands indeed one can purchase V-8, I'm not sure if it is

> low

> > > sodium, shall ask that company in The Hague about this aspect. My daily

> > > medication in 300 mg spiro + 75 mg atenolol + 30 mg propranolol + 3.000

> mg

> > > K. Testresults: K in blood between 3.5 and 4.0 mmol/l. Taking less K

> > > immediately resukts in falling down of K value in blood tot below 3.0

> > > mmol/l. Male, 61 yrs, 6 feet, 92 kg. No, I am not Dashing, but I'm

> > following

> > > a similar diet with many vegetables and fruits, enough protein, hardly

> any

> > > fat and low calories.

> > >

> > > Arend

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > > Van: Valarie

> > > Verzonden: woensdag 23 mei 2012 19:05

> > > Aan: hyperaldosteronism

> > > Onderwerp: RE: stomach damage, caused by potassium

> > > tablets

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > > Can you get V-8 juice in the Netherlands? If so, you should be able to

> get

> > > low sodium (Na) V-8. Why are you taking so much potassium (K)? Are you

> > > DASHing? Are you on HTN medicines? Where are your test results?

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > > Val

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > > From: hyperaldosteronism

> > > [mailto:hyperaldosteronism

> > <mailto:hyperaldosteronism%40> ] On Behalf Of Arend de Haan

> > >

> > >

> > > My intake was 3.000 mg K.

> > >

> > > Until 2006 in 3 tablets of 1,000 mg K, since that year 5 tablets of 600

> mg

> > > K.

> > > I assume this gives me 40 mEq of K.

> > >

> > > I don't understand what "a cup of low Na V-8" is.

> > >

> > > Is this part of the DASHing diet?

> > >

> > > Can I get this in The Netherlands?

> > >

> > > Thanks for your time and information!

> > >

> > > Kind regards,

> > >

> > > Arend de Haan

> > >

> >

>

Reply to sender |

Reply to group |

Reply via web post |

Start a New Topic

Messages in this topic

(32)

Recent Activity:

New Members

Guest guest

tiu, Thanks for your e-mail: indeed I asked about V8 already.Carrefour has shops in Belgium, the closest about 125 km from here. Van: lvasiliu@...Verzonden: zondag 27 mei 2012 20:37Aan: hyperaldosteronism Onderwerp: Re: stomach damage, caused by potassium tablets Arend,Do you have Carrefour where you are? It seems that Carrefour has it:http://eshop.carrefour.eu/nl/dranken/tomaten-groentensap/v8-groentesap-4-x-0-33-l/PID2/19486/10629There is a Netherlands also (in Utrecht):Head office :CAMPBELL'S NETHERLANDS B.V.Heycopstraat 42 3521 EN UtrechtNETHERLANDSTel: +31 30292 37 11Fax: +31 30294 27 76 http://www.europages.co.uk/CAMPBELLS-NETHERLANDS-BV/bch-EUR-NLD008150-00101-25-xx/company-information.htmlHope this helps.tiu>> Yes, I have written them an old-fashioned letter with my question: in which> shops can I buy V8 juice?> No e-mail address available on that site.>

Guest guest

Great site, I've added it immediately to my favourites.Regards,Arend Van: hyperaldosteronism [mailto:hyperaldosteronism ] Namens Clarence GrimVerzonden: zondag 27 mei 2012 22:32Aan: hyperaldosteronism Onderwerp: Re: Re: stomach damage, caused by potassium tablets http://ndb.nal.usda.gov May your pressure be low! CE Grim MS, MDSpecializing in DifficultHypertensionOn May 27, 2012, at 12:18, Arend de Haan <arenddehaan@...> wrote: I'v searched for V8 on http://www.campbellsoup.com/Home, but unfortunately with no results. Van: Francis Bill SUSPECTED PAVerzonden: donderdag 24 mei 2012 15:46Aan: hyperaldosteronism Onderwerp: Re: stomach damage, caused by potassium tablets It is made by Soup.> > > > > > > > > > In The Netherlands indeed one can purchase V-8, I'm not sure if it is low> sodium, shall ask that company in The Hague about this aspect. My daily> medication in 300 mg spiro + 75 mg atenolol + 30 mg propranolol + 3.000 mg> K. Testresults: K in blood between 3.5 and 4.0 mmol/l. Taking less K> immediately resukts in falling down of K value in blood tot below 3.0> mmol/l. Male, 61 yrs, 6 feet, 92 kg. No, I am not Dashing, but I'm following> a similar diet with many vegetables and fruits, enough protein, hardly any> fat and low calories.> > Arend> > > > Van: Valarie > Verzonden: woensdag 23 mei 2012 19:05> Aan: hyperaldosteronism > Onderwerp: RE: stomach damage, caused by potassium> tablets> > > > > > Can you get V-8 juice in the Netherlands? If so, you should be able to get> low sodium (Na) V-8. Why are you taking so much potassium (K)? Are you> DASHing? Are you on HTN medicines? Where are your test results?> > > > Val> > > > From: hyperaldosteronism > [mailto:hyperaldosteronism ] On Behalf Of Arend de Haan> > > My intake was 3.000 mg K.> > Until 2006 in 3 tablets of 1,000 mg K, since that year 5 tablets of 600 mg> K. > I assume this gives me 40 mEq of K.> > I don't understand what " a cup of low Na V-8 " is.> > Is this part of the DASHing diet?> > Can I get this in The Netherlands?> > Thanks for your time and information!> > Kind regards,> > Arend de Haan>

Guest guest

I have read your Article " Evolution of Diagnostic Criteria for PA ...... " .The problem in May 2006 was, that my BP was too high: 185 over 98 mmHg, despite 300 mg spironolactone and 3,600 mg Slow-K per day. My endo came up with only one option: add atenolol to your medication, so I started with 50 mg daily, later 75 mg. So, if we would now skip atenolol, how can we lower my BP, especially systolic (155 tot 165 mmHg)? DASH-ing certainly looks very promising to me, but until that will be into effect, could I take an alternative for atenolol? Or would more than 300 mg spiro daily be worth trying?Regards from Holland,Arend Van: hyperaldosteronism [mailto:hyperaldosteronism ] Namens Clarence GrimVerzonden: maandag 28 mei 2012 3:15Aan: hyperaldosteronism Onderwerp: Re: stomach damage, caused by potassium tablets If you have read my review of the evolution of PA YOU will note that BB do not lower BP well in PA. I Would also take a copy to your medical team. Tell them I was invited to talk at a Boorhave Symposium (and did) in May your pressure be low!he Netherlads as noted in my CV. AND THAT I TRAINED by Dr Conn. and I love fried eel. CE Grim MS, MDSpecializing in DifficultHypertensionOn May 27, 2012, at 12:03, Arend de Haan <arenddehaan@...> wrote: In 1995 I was diagnosed for hyperaldosteronism, based on (inter alia) aldosterone and renin tests. In 1994 I had venous sampling: but that was not succesfull due to an abnormal pattern of the veins. I had a CT of my adrenals three times: 1992, 2000 and 2008, always with the result: enlarged adrenals on both sides, no adenomas. I've been subscribe atenolol as an extra medication (next to spironolactone) to lower the blood pressure. This is still too high I think, especially the systolic value: about 155 to 165 mm Hg, diastolic is OK with about 78. Propranolol is taken 30 mg daily two give a regular heartbeat.As far as I know, in our country doctors do not use any diets, treating hypertension or hyperaldosteronism. In the best case it is advisable to mind your salt (sodium) intake. So DASHing is not a standard thing to do in The Netherlands. Since I have problems with my stomach due to potassium, I'm now very interested in (partly) replacing that " drug " by food, which has a high amount of potassium in it. Yesterday I bought on ebay 2 books about DASHing, and I started to search for V8 availability in NL. Arend Van: hyperaldosteronism [mailto:hyperaldosteronism ] Namens Valarie Verzonden: woensdag 23 mei 2012 20:46Aan: hyperaldosteronism Onderwerp: RE: stomach damage, caused by potassium tablets Have you had urinary testing for sodium and potassium? Results? That usually tells how well you're DASHing. Be aware that meat is often infused with sodium. You have to look for uninfused meat. Have you had aldosterone and renin tests? Results? Have you had a CT of the adrenals? Why are you taking two B-Blockers? Where is your blood pressure with your combination? Val From: hyperaldosteronism [mailto:hyperaldosteronism ] On Behalf Of Arend de HaanIn The Netherlands indeed one can purchase V-8, I'm not sure if it is low sodium, shall ask that company in The Hague about this aspect. My daily medication in 300 mg spiro + 75 mg atenolol + 30 mg propranolol + 3.000 mg K. Testresults: K in blood between 3.5 and 4.0 mmol/l. Taking less K immediately resukts in falling down of K value in blood tot below 3.0 mmol/l. Male, 61 yrs, 6 feet, 92 kg. No, I am not Dashing, but I'm following a similar diet with many vegetables and fruits, enough protein, hardly any fat and low calories.Arend.

Guest guest

My guess is you had a VERY high salt diet - and too much salt still over powers your medication so you never win unless you lower your salt intake. It's not a minor thing, or a little problem. Salt IS your killer and you cannot keep a high salt diet and still think a pill will fix it. It doesn't work that way for us with this illness. We realize many come to this list and want their bad diets to never have to change and they want the pill to fix the problem and no effort on their part, but salt is the problem with us. If you want a lower blood pressure than lower the sodium intake. If you prefer the diet you want then live with the consequences. Your

are you a seafood person who eats alot of pickled and salted foods and seafoods?

In 1995 I was diagnosed for hyperaldosteronism, based on (inter alia) aldosterone and renin tests. In 1994 I had venous sampling: but that was not succesfull due to an abnormal pattern of the veins. I had a CT of my adrenals three times: 1992, 2000 and 2008, always with the result: enlarged adrenals on both sides, no adenomas. I've been subscribe atenolol as an extra medication (next to spironolactone) to lower the blood pressure. This is still too high I think, especially the systolic value: about 155 to 165 mm Hg, diastolic is OK with about 78. Propranolol is taken 30 mg daily two give a regular heartbeat.

As far as I know, in our country doctors do not use any diets, treating hypertension or hyperaldosteronism. In the best case it is advisable to mind your salt (sodium) intake. So DASHing is not a standard thing to do in The Netherlands. Since I have problems with my stomach due to potassium, I'm now very interested in (partly) replacing that "drug" by food, which has a high amount of potassium in it. Yesterday I bought on ebay 2 books about DASHing, and I started to search for V8 availability in NL.

Arend

Van: hyperaldosteronism [mailto:hyperaldosteronism ] Namens Valarie Verzonden: woensdag 23 mei 2012 20:46Aan: hyperaldosteronism Onderwerp: RE: stomach damage, caused by potassium tablets

Have you had urinary testing for sodium and potassium? Results? That usually tells how well you're DASHing. Be aware that meat is often infused with sodium. You have to look for uninfused meat. Have you had aldosterone and renin tests? Results? Have you had a CT of the adrenals? Why are you taking two B-Blockers? Where is your blood pressure with your combination?

Val

From: hyperaldosteronism [mailto:hyperaldosteronism ] On Behalf Of Arend de Haan

In The Netherlands indeed one can purchase V-8, I'm not sure if it is low sodium, shall ask that company in The Hague about this aspect. My daily medication in 300 mg spiro + 75 mg atenolol + 30 mg propranolol + 3.000 mg K. Testresults: K in blood between 3.5 and 4.0 mmol/l. Taking less K immediately resukts in falling down of K value in blood tot below 3.0 mmol/l. Male, 61 yrs, 6 feet, 92 kg. No, I am not Dashing, but I'm following a similar diet with many vegetables and fruits, enough protein, hardly any fat and low calories.Arend

Guest guest

Spironolactone, in and of itself, is not the magic bullet. It has to be accompanied by a low sodium diet to reduce your blood pressure. Potassium in pill form is not as quickly effective as potassium in foods. Potassium in foods = zero stomach damage.The more I adhere to a low Na, high K diet the better I feel and the less medication I need. This will work for you too. Give it a few days to start working, and for some of us it took about a year for our bodies to adjust to the new lower BP. In 1995 I was diagnosed for hyperaldosteronism, based on (inter alia) aldosterone and renin tests. In 1994 I had venous sampling: but that was not succesfull due to an abnormal pattern of the veins. I had a CT of my adrenals three times: 1992, 2000 and 2008, always with the result: enlarged adrenals on both sides, no adenomas. I've been subscribe atenolol as an extra medication (next to spironolactone) to lower the blood pressure. This is still too high I think, especially the systolic value: about 155 to 165 mm Hg, diastolic is OK with about 78. Propranolol is taken 30 mg daily two give a

regular heartbeat.As far as I know, in our country doctors do not use any diets, treating hypertension or hyperaldosteronism. In the best case it is advisable to mind your salt (sodium) intake. So DASHing is not a standard thing to do in The Netherlands. Since I have problems with my stomach due to potassium, I'm now very interested in (partly) replacing that "drug" by food, which has a high amount of potassium in it. Yesterday I bought on ebay 2 books about DASHing, and I started to search for V8 availability in NL. Arend Van: hyperaldosteronism [mailto:hyperaldosteronism ] Namens Valarie Verzonden: woensdag 23 mei 2012 20:46Aan: hyperaldosteronism Onderwerp: RE: stomach damage, caused by potassium tablets Have you had urinary testing for sodium and potassium? Results? That usually tells how well you're DASHing. Be aware that meat is often infused with sodium. You have to look for uninfused meat. Have you had aldosterone and renin tests? Results? Have you had a CT of the adrenals? Why are you taking two B-Blockers? Where is your blood pressure with your combination? Val From: hyperaldosteronism [mailto:hyperaldosteronism ] On Behalf Of Arend de HaanIn The Netherlands indeed one can purchase V-8, I'm not sure if it is low sodium, shall ask that company in The Hague about this aspect. My daily medication in 300 mg spiro + 75 mg atenolol + 30 mg propranolol + 3.000 mg K. Testresults: K in blood between 3.5 and 4.0 mmol/l. Taking

less K immediately resukts in falling down of K value in blood tot below 3.0 mmol/l. Male, 61 yrs, 6 feet, 92 kg. No, I am not Dashing, but I'm following a similar diet with many vegetables and fruits, enough protein, hardly any fat and low calories.Arend.

Guest guest

I recommend DASHING to the max and checking BP DAILY. Work wiH your team there. Dd 300 of Spiro help anything? If you have PA IT should have helped BP and K and tiredness. Unless you were outsalting it May your pressure be low!CE Grim MS, MDSpecializing in DifficultHypertensionOn May 28, 2012, at 9:25, Arend de Haan <arenddehaan@...> wrote:

I have read your Article "Evolution of Diagnostic Criteria for PA ......".The problem in May 2006 was, that my BP was too high: 185 over 98 mmHg, despite 300 mg spironolactone and 3,600 mg Slow-K per day. My endo came up with only one option: add atenolol to your medication, so I started with 50 mg daily, later 75 mg. So, if we would now skip atenolol, how can we lower my BP, especially systolic (155 tot 165 mmHg)? DASH-ing certainly looks very promising to me, but until that will be into effect, could I take an alternative for atenolol? Or would more than 300 mg spiro daily be worth trying?Regards

from Holland,Arend Van: hyperaldosteronism [mailto:hyperaldosteronism ] Namens Clarence GrimVerzonden: maandag 28 mei 2012 3:15Aan: hyperaldosteronism Onderwerp: Re: stomach damage, caused by potassium tablets If you have read my review of the evolution

of PA YOU will note that BB do not lower BP well in PA. I Would also take a copy to your medical team. Tell them I was invited to talk at a Boorhave Symposium (and did) in May your pressure be low!he Netherlads as noted in my CV. AND THAT I TRAINED by Dr Conn. and I love fried eel. CE Grim MS, MDSpecializing in DifficultHypertensionOn May 27, 2012, at 12:03, Arend de Haan <arenddehaan@...> wrote: In 1995 I was diagnosed for hyperaldosteronism, based on (inter alia) aldosterone and renin tests. In 1994 I had venous sampling: but that was not succesfull due to an abnormal pattern of the veins. I had a CT of my adrenals three times: 1992, 2000 and 2008, always with the result: enlarged adrenals on both sides, no adenomas. I've been subscribe atenolol as an extra medication (next to spironolactone) to lower the blood pressure. This is still too high I think, especially the systolic value: about 155 to 165 mm Hg, diastolic is OK with about 78. Propranolol is taken 30 mg daily two give a regular heartbeat.As far as I know, in our country doctors do not use any diets, treating hypertension or hyperaldosteronism. In the best case it is advisable to mind your salt (sodium) intake. So DASHing is not a standard thing to do in The Netherlands. Since I have

problems with my stomach due to potassium, I'm now very interested in (partly) replacing that "drug" by food, which has a high amount of potassium in it. Yesterday I bought on ebay 2 books about DASHing, and I started to search for V8 availability in NL. Arend Van: hyperaldosteronism [mailto:hyperaldosteronism ] Namens Valarie Verzonden: woensdag 23 mei 2012 20:46Aan: hyperaldosteronism Onderwerp: RE: stomach damage, caused by potassium tablets Have you had urinary testing for sodium and potassium? Results? That usually tells how well you're DASHing. Be aware that meat is often infused with sodium. You have to look for uninfused meat. Have you had aldosterone and renin tests? Results? Have you had a CT of the adrenals? Why are you taking two B-Blockers? Where is your blood pressure with your combination? Val From: hyperaldosteronism [mailto:hyperaldosteronism ] On Behalf Of Arend de HaanIn The Netherlands indeed one can purchase V-8, I'm not sure if it is low sodium, shall ask that company in The Hague about this aspect. My daily medication in 300 mg spiro + 75 mg atenolol + 30 mg propranolol + 3.000 mg K. Testresults: K in blood between 3.5 and 4.0 mmol/l. Taking less K immediately resukts in falling down of K value in blood

tot below 3.0 mmol/l. Male, 61 yrs, 6 feet, 92 kg. No, I am not Dashing, but I'm following a similar diet with many vegetables and fruits, enough protein, hardly any fat and low calories.Arend.

Guest guest

If the low k is due to PA Going on a very low Na diet (250mg a day) has been shown to normalize K in 2 days. May your pressure be low!CE Grim MS, MDSpecializing in DifficultHypertensionOn May 28, 2012, at 11:38, Dianne strong <dianstrong@...> wrote:

Spironolactone, in and of itself, is not the magic bullet. It has to be accompanied by a low sodium diet to reduce your blood pressure. Potassium in pill form is not as quickly effective as potassium in foods. Potassium in foods = zero stomach damage.The more I adhere to a low Na, high K diet the better I feel and the less medication I need. This will work for you too. Give it a few days to start working, and for some of us it took about a year for our bodies to adjust to the new lower BP. In 1995 I was diagnosed for hyperaldosteronism, based on (inter alia) aldosterone and renin tests. In 1994 I had venous sampling: but that was not succesfull due to an abnormal pattern of the veins. I had a CT of my adrenals three times: 1992, 2000 and 2008, always with the result: enlarged adrenals on both sides, no adenomas. I've been subscribe atenolol as an extra medication (next to spironolactone) to lower the blood pressure. This is still too high I think, especially the systolic value: about 155 to 165 mm Hg, diastolic is OK with about 78. Propranolol is taken 30 mg daily two give a

regular heartbeat.As far as I know, in our country doctors do not use any diets, treating hypertension or hyperaldosteronism. In the best case it is advisable to mind your salt (sodium) intake. So DASHing is not a standard thing to do in The Netherlands. Since I have problems with my stomach due to potassium, I'm now very interested in (partly) replacing that "drug" by food, which has a high amount of potassium in it. Yesterday I bought on ebay 2 books about DASHing, and I started to search for V8 availability in NL. Arend Van: hyperaldosteronism [mailto:hyperaldosteronism ] Namens Valarie Verzonden: woensdag 23 mei 2012 20:46Aan: hyperaldosteronism Onderwerp: RE: stomach damage, caused by potassium tablets Have you had urinary testing for sodium and potassium? Results? That usually tells how well you're DASHing. Be aware that meat is often infused with sodium. You have to look for uninfused meat. Have you had aldosterone and renin tests? Results? Have you had a CT of the adrenals? Why are you taking two B-Blockers? Where is your blood pressure with your combination? Val From: hyperaldosteronism [mailto:hyperaldosteronism ] On Behalf Of Arend de HaanIn The Netherlands indeed one can purchase V-8, I'm not sure if it is low sodium, shall ask that company in The Hague about this aspect. My daily medication in 300 mg spiro + 75 mg atenolol + 30 mg propranolol + 3.000 mg K. Testresults: K in blood between 3.5 and 4.0 mmol/l. Taking

less K immediately resukts in falling down of K value in blood tot below 3.0 mmol/l. Male, 61 yrs, 6 feet, 92 kg. No, I am not Dashing, but I'm following a similar diet with many vegetables and fruits, enough protein, hardly any fat and low calories.Arend.

Guest guest

Arend,you can also try to find just low Na tomato or vegetable juice in NL. I recently found one in Moscow. It was funny, since there is no such regulation to label sodium in packaged food in Russia, nevertheless I found tomato juice which was labeled withNa < = 200 mg in 120 g. It was only one thing out of hundreds that I inspected in Russian supermarkets. It worked excellent for me, so I stopped to take K supplements

immediately. Natalia From: Arend de Haan <arenddehaan@...> hyperaldosteronism Sent: Thursday, May 24, 2012 8:08 AM Subject: RE: stomach damage, caused by potassium tablets

Dr. Grim, Thanks for your contributions!I've don't know any usual brand in NL that produces V8.But it must be available in specialized shop, will continue searching.No, I am not eating licorice (drop in Dutch), since I experienced to have hypertension at 28 yrs. Van: hyperaldosteronism [mailto:hyperaldosteronism ] Namens Clarence GrimVerzonden: woensdag 23 mei 2012 19:56Aan:

hyperaldosteronism CC: Clarence GrimOnderwerp: Re: stomach damage, caused by potassium tablets Look for V-8 and read the labels. Let us know what you find there. Are you a licorice eater? The Dutch have the best. Should have both Na and K on the label. and:Look for the tomato/veggie drink in the market called V-8. But only use the low sodium or spicy version as regular is loaded with Na. One of the best source of K we have found. To convert mg K to mM or mEq K divide by 40. Goal with DASH is 4700 mg K, 1500 Na. On May 23, 2012, at 12:46 PM, Arend de Haan wrote: In The Netherlands indeed one can purchase V-8, I'm not sure if it is low sodium, shall ask that company in The Hague about this aspect. My daily medication in 300 mg spiro + 75 mg atenolol + 30 mg propranolol + 3.000 mg K. Testresults: K in blood between 3.5 and 4.0 mmol/l. Taking less K immediately resukts in falling down of K value in blood tot below 3.0 mmol/l. Male, 61 yrs, 6 feet, 92 kg. No, I am not Dashing, but I'm following a similar diet with many vegetables and fruits, enough protein, hardly any fat and low calories.Arend Van: Valarie Verzonden: woensdag 23 mei 2012 19:05Aan: hyperaldosteronism Onderwerp: RE: stomach damage, caused by potassium tablets Can you get V-8 juice in the Netherlands? If so, you should be able to get low sodium (Na)

V-8. Why are you taking so much potassium (K)? Are you DASHing? Are you on HTN medicines? Where are your test results? Val From: hyperaldosteronism [mailto:hyperaldosteronism ] On Behalf Of Arend de Haan My intake was 3.000 mg K.Until 2006 in 3 tablets of 1,000 mg K, since that year 5 tablets of 600 mg K. I assume this gives me 40 mEq of K.I don't understand what "a cup of low Na V-8" is.Is this part of the DASHing diet?Can I

get this in The Netherlands?Thanks for your time and information!Kind regards,Arend de Haan

Guest guest

How much do you pee in 24 HR? Do you find that within about 10 Min of drinking

you have pee?

>

>

>

> In 1995 I was diagnosed for hyperaldosteronism, based on (inter alia)

aldosterone and renin tests. In 1994 I had venous sampling: but that was not

succesfull due to an abnormal pattern of the veins. I had a CT of my adrenals

three times: 1992, 2000 and 2008, always with the result: enlarged adrenals on

both sides, no adenomas. I've been subscribe atenolol as an extra medication

(next to spironolactone) to lower the blood pressure. This is still too high I

think, especially the systolic value: about 155 to 165 mm Hg, diastolic is OK

with about 78. Propranolol is taken 30 mg daily two give a regular heartbeat.

>

>

> As far as I know, in our country doctors do not use any diets, treating

hypertension or hyperaldosteronism. In the best case it is advisable to mind

your salt (sodium) intake. So DASHing is not a standard thing to do in The

Netherlands. Since I have problems with my stomach due to potassium, I'm now

very interested in (partly) replacing that " drug " by food, which has a high

amount of potassium in it. Yesterday I bought on ebay 2 books about DASHing, and

I started to search for V8 availability in NL.

>

>

>

> Arend

>

>

>

> Van: hyperaldosteronism

[mailto:hyperaldosteronism ] Namens Valarie

> Verzonden: woensdag 23 mei 2012 20:46

> Aan: hyperaldosteronism

> Onderwerp: RE: stomach damage, caused by potassium

tablets

>

>

>

>

>

> Have you had urinary testing for sodium and potassium? Results? That usually

tells how well you're DASHing. Be aware that meat is often infused with sodium.

You have to look for uninfused meat. Have you had aldosterone and renin tests?

Results? Have you had a CT of the adrenals? Why are you taking two B-Blockers?

Where is your blood pressure with your combination?

>

>

>

> Val

>

>

>

> From: hyperaldosteronism

[mailto:hyperaldosteronism ] On Behalf Of Arend de Haan

>

>

>

>

> In The Netherlands indeed one can purchase V-8, I'm not sure if it is low

sodium, shall ask that company in The Hague about this aspect. My daily

medication in 300 mg spiro + 75 mg atenolol + 30 mg propranolol + 3.000 mg K.

Testresults: K in blood between 3.5 and 4.0 mmol/l. Taking less K immediately

resukts in falling down of K value in blood tot below 3.0 mmol/l. Male, 61 yrs,

6 feet, 92 kg. No, I am not Dashing, but I'm following a similar diet with many

vegetables and fruits, enough protein, hardly any fat and low calories.

>

> Arend

>

> .

>

> Web Bug from

http://geo./serv?s=97359714/grpId=7299303/grpspId=1705132763/msgId=4357\

9/stime=1337795221/nc1=3848640/nc2=5191945/nc3=5191951

<http://www.mailscanner.tv/1x1spacer.gif>

>

Guest guest

Natalia, Thanks for your message and telling us about your experience. It stimulated me to see what the standard amount of Natrium in tomato juice is, in the supermarkets here. Recalculated to 120 grams, that varies between about 264 and 336 mg.Since we have gardereners growing tomatoes in our family, we can get them for free, about 9 months a year. If I have time, I make large portions tomato juice myself. Then it has only 6 mg of Na per 120 gr, if I'm well. But not everyone is in such a privileged situation, to have time and a sufficient freezer capacity.Arend Van: hyperaldosteronism [mailto:hyperaldosteronism ] Namens Natalia KamnevaVerzonden: maandag 28 mei 2012 20:18Aan: hyperaldosteronism Onderwerp: Re: stomach damage, caused by potassium tablets Arend, you can also try to find just low Na tomato or vegetable juice in NL. I recently found one in Moscow. It was funny, since there is no such regulation to label sodium in packaged food in Russia, nevertheless I found tomato juice which was labeled with Na < = 200 mg in 120 g. It was only one thing out of hundreds that I inspected in Russian supermarkets. It worked excellent for me, so I stopped to take K supplements immediately. Natalia From: Arend de Haan <arenddehaan@...>hyperaldosteronism Sent: Thursday, May 24, 2012 8:08 AMSubject: RE: stomach damage, caused by potassium tablets Dr. Grim, Thanks for your contributions!I've don't know any usual brand in NL that produces V8.But it must be available in specialized shop, will continue searching.No, I am not eating licorice (drop in Dutch), since I experienced to have hypertension at 28 yrs. Van: hyperaldosteronism [mailto:hyperaldosteronism ] Namens Clarence GrimVerzonden: woensdag 23 mei 2012 19:56Aan: hyperaldosteronism CC: Clarence GrimOnderwerp: Re: stomach damage, caused by potassium tablets Look for V-8 and read the labels. Let us know what you find there. Are you a licorice eater? The Dutch have the best. Should have both Na and K on the label. and:Look for the tomato/veggie drink in the market called V-8. But only use the low sodium or spicy version as regular is loaded with Na. One of the best source of K we have found. To convert mg K to mM or mEq K divide by 40. Goal with DASH is 4700 mg K, 1500 Na. On May 23, 2012, at 12:46 PM, Arend de Haan wrote: In The Netherlands indeed one can purchase V-8, I'm not sure if it is low sodium, shall ask that company in The Hague about this aspect. My daily medication in 300 mg spiro + 75 mg atenolol + 30 mg propranolol + 3.000 mg K. Testresults: K in blood between 3.5 and 4.0 mmol/l. Taking less K immediately resukts in falling down of K value in blood tot below 3.0 mmol/l. Male, 61 yrs, 6 feet, 92 kg. No, I am not Dashing, but I'm following a similar diet with many vegetables and fruits, enough protein, hardly any fat and low calories.Arend Van: Valarie Verzonden: woensdag 23 mei 2012 19:05Aan: hyperaldosteronism Onderwerp: RE: stomach damage, caused by potassium tablets Can you get V-8 juice in the Netherlands? If so, you should be able to get low sodium (Na) V-8. Why are you taking so much potassium (K)? Are you DASHing? Are you on HTN medicines? Where are your test results? Val From: hyperaldosteronism [mailto:hyperaldosteronism ] On Behalf Of Arend de Haan My intake was 3.000 mg K.Until 2006 in 3 tablets of 1,000 mg K, since that year 5 tablets of 600 mg K. I assume this gives me 40 mEq of K.I don't understand what " a cup of low Na V-8 " is.Is this part of the DASHing diet?Can I get this in The Netherlands?Thanks for your time and information!Kind regards,Arend de Haan

Guest guest

I drink about 2.5 tot 3 liters a day.Per 24 HR I have to go the men's room about 5 times + at noght about 3 to 4 times.Of course this also depends of the temperatures and the times at which I take my spiro. Van: hyperaldosteronism [mailto:hyperaldosteronism ] Namens Francis Bill SUSPECTED PAVerzonden: maandag 28 mei 2012 23:03Aan: hyperaldosteronism Onderwerp: Re: stomach damage, caused by potassium tablets How much do you pee in 24 HR? Do you find that within about 10 Min of drinking you have pee? > > > > In 1995 I was diagnosed for hyperaldosteronism, based on (inter alia) aldosterone and renin tests. In 1994 I had venous sampling: but that was not succesfull due to an abnormal pattern of the veins. I had a CT of my adrenals three times: 1992, 2000 and 2008, always with the result: enlarged adrenals on both sides, no adenomas. I've been subscribe atenolol as an extra medication (next to spironolactone) to lower the blood pressure. This is still too high I think, especially the systolic value: about 155 to 165 mm Hg, diastolic is OK with about 78. Propranolol is taken 30 mg daily two give a regular heartbeat.> > > As far as I know, in our country doctors do not use any diets, treating hypertension or hyperaldosteronism. In the best case it is advisable to mind your salt (sodium) intake. So DASHing is not a standard thing to do in The Netherlands. Since I have problems with my stomach due to potassium, I'm now very interested in (partly) replacing that " drug " by food, which has a high amount of potassium in it. Yesterday I bought on ebay 2 books about DASHing, and I started to search for V8 availability in NL.> > > > Arend> > > > Van: hyperaldosteronism [mailto:hyperaldosteronism ] Namens Valarie > Verzonden: woensdag 23 mei 2012 20:46> Aan: hyperaldosteronism > Onderwerp: RE: stomach damage, caused by potassium tablets> > > > > > Have you had urinary testing for sodium and potassium? Results? That usually tells how well you're DASHing. Be aware that meat is often infused with sodium. You have to look for uninfused meat. Have you had aldosterone and renin tests? Results? Have you had a CT of the adrenals? Why are you taking two B-Blockers? Where is your blood pressure with your combination?> > > > Val> > > > From: hyperaldosteronism [mailto:hyperaldosteronism ] On Behalf Of Arend de Haan> > > > > In The Netherlands indeed one can purchase V-8, I'm not sure if it is low sodium, shall ask that company in The Hague about this aspect. My daily medication in 300 mg spiro + 75 mg atenolol + 30 mg propranolol + 3.000 mg K. Testresults: K in blood between 3.5 and 4.0 mmol/l. Taking less K immediately resukts in falling down of K value in blood tot below 3.0 mmol/l. Male, 61 yrs, 6 feet, 92 kg. No, I am not Dashing, but I'm following a similar diet with many vegetables and fruits, enough protein, hardly any fat and low calories.> > Arend> > .> > Web Bug from http://geo./serv?s=97359714/grpId=7299303/grpspId=1705132763/msgId=43579/stime=1337795221/nc1=3848640/nc2=5191945/nc3=5191951 <http://www.mailscanner.tv/1x1spacer.gif>>

Guest guest

What do you drink?

300MG of sprio is a lot. So would be better to find out cause why this hasn't

worked for you then to increase it. Most likely cause you are still eating more

sodium then your system can safely handle.

To much coffee tea of beer can also cause you to pee to much.

> >

> >

> >

> > In 1995 I was diagnosed for hyperaldosteronism, based on (inter alia)

> aldosterone and renin tests. In 1994 I had venous sampling: but that was not

> succesfull due to an abnormal pattern of the veins. I had a CT of my

> adrenals three times: 1992, 2000 and 2008, always with the result: enlarged

> adrenals on both sides, no adenomas. I've been subscribe atenolol as an

> extra medication (next to spironolactone) to lower the blood pressure. This

> is still too high I think, especially the systolic value: about 155 to 165

> mm Hg, diastolic is OK with about 78. Propranolol is taken 30 mg daily two

> give a regular heartbeat.

> >

> >

> > As far as I know, in our country doctors do not use any diets, treating

> hypertension or hyperaldosteronism. In the best case it is advisable to mind

> your salt (sodium) intake. So DASHing is not a standard thing to do in The

> Netherlands. Since I have problems with my stomach due to potassium, I'm now

> very interested in (partly) replacing that " drug " by food, which has a high

> amount of potassium in it. Yesterday I bought on ebay 2 books about DASHing,

> and I started to search for V8 availability in NL.

> >

> >

> >

> > Arend

> >

> >

> >

> > Van: hyperaldosteronism

> [mailto:hyperaldosteronism

> <mailto:hyperaldosteronism%40> ] Namens Valarie

> > Verzonden: woensdag 23 mei 2012 20:46

> > Aan: hyperaldosteronism

> > Onderwerp: RE: stomach damage, caused by potassium

> tablets

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> > Have you had urinary testing for sodium and potassium? Results? That

> usually tells how well you're DASHing. Be aware that meat is often infused

> with sodium. You have to look for uninfused meat. Have you had aldosterone

> and renin tests? Results? Have you had a CT of the adrenals? Why are you

> taking two B-Blockers? Where is your blood pressure with your combination?

> >

> >

> >

> > Val

> >

> >

> >

> > From: hyperaldosteronism

> [mailto:hyperaldosteronism

> <mailto:hyperaldosteronism%40> ] On Behalf Of Arend de Haan

> >

> >

> >

> >

> > In The Netherlands indeed one can purchase V-8, I'm not sure if it is low

> sodium, shall ask that company in The Hague about this aspect. My daily

> medication in 300 mg spiro + 75 mg atenolol + 30 mg propranolol + 3.000 mg

> K. Testresults: K in blood between 3.5 and 4.0 mmol/l. Taking less K

> immediately resukts in falling down of K value in blood tot below 3.0

> mmol/l. Male, 61 yrs, 6 feet, 92 kg. No, I am not Dashing, but I'm following

> a similar diet with many vegetables and fruits, enough protein, hardly any

> fat and low calories.

> >

> > Arend

> >

> > .

> >

> > Web Bug from

> http://geo./serv?s=97359714/grpId=7299303/grpspId=1705132763/msgId=

> 43579/stime=1337795221/nc1=3848640/nc2=5191945/nc3=5191951

> <http://www.mailscanner.tv/1x1spacer.gif>

> >

>

Guest guest

Per day my average intake is, in portions of 250 ml: 4 tea, 2 or 3 coffee, 5 or 6 water and 1 fruitjuice.I'm " allergic " to alcohol, so no beer or wine at all.Like somewrite correctly wrote: I should keep a diary of my intake as it is now.How much Na en K come into my body by drinking and eating.I have to admit that we do not use a very low salt scheme. Van: hyperaldosteronism [mailto:hyperaldosteronism ] Namens Francis Bill SUSPECTED PAVerzonden: dinsdag 29 mei 2012 15:04Aan: hyperaldosteronism Onderwerp: Re: stomach damage, caused by potassium tablets What do you drink? 300MG of sprio is a lot. So would be better to find out cause why this hasn't worked for you then to increase it. Most likely cause you are still eating more sodium then your system can safely handle.To much coffee tea of beer can also cause you to pee to much.> > > > > > > > In 1995 I was diagnosed for hyperaldosteronism, based on (inter alia)> aldosterone and renin tests. In 1994 I had venous sampling: but that was not> succesfull due to an abnormal pattern of the veins. I had a CT of my> adrenals three times: 1992, 2000 and 2008, always with the result: enlarged> adrenals on both sides, no adenomas. I've been subscribe atenolol as an> extra medication (next to spironolactone) to lower the blood pressure. This> is still too high I think, especially the systolic value: about 155 to 165> mm Hg, diastolic is OK with about 78. Propranolol is taken 30 mg daily two> give a regular heartbeat.> > > > > > As far as I know, in our country doctors do not use any diets, treating> hypertension or hyperaldosteronism. In the best case it is advisable to mind> your salt (sodium) intake. So DASHing is not a standard thing to do in The> Netherlands. Since I have problems with my stomach due to potassium, I'm now> very interested in (partly) replacing that " drug " by food, which has a high> amount of potassium in it. Yesterday I bought on ebay 2 books about DASHing,> and I started to search for V8 availability in NL.> > > > > > > > Arend> > > > > > > > Van: hyperaldosteronism > <mailto:hyperaldosteronism%40>> [mailto:hyperaldosteronism > <mailto:hyperaldosteronism%40> ] Namens Valarie > > Verzonden: woensdag 23 mei 2012 20:46> > Aan: hyperaldosteronism > <mailto:hyperaldosteronism%40> > > Onderwerp: RE: stomach damage, caused by potassium> tablets> > > > > > > > > > > > Have you had urinary testing for sodium and potassium? Results? That> usually tells how well you're DASHing. Be aware that meat is often infused> with sodium. You have to look for uninfused meat. Have you had aldosterone> and renin tests? Results? Have you had a CT of the adrenals? Why are you> taking two B-Blockers? Where is your blood pressure with your combination?> > > > > > > > Val> > > > > > > > From: hyperaldosteronism > <mailto:hyperaldosteronism%40>> [mailto:hyperaldosteronism > <mailto:hyperaldosteronism%40> ] On Behalf Of Arend de Haan> > > > > > > > > > In The Netherlands indeed one can purchase V-8, I'm not sure if it is low> sodium, shall ask that company in The Hague about this aspect. My daily> medication in 300 mg spiro + 75 mg atenolol + 30 mg propranolol + 3.000 mg> K. Testresults: K in blood between 3.5 and 4.0 mmol/l. Taking less K> immediately resukts in falling down of K value in blood tot below 3.0> mmol/l. Male, 61 yrs, 6 feet, 92 kg. No, I am not Dashing, but I'm following> a similar diet with many vegetables and fruits, enough protein, hardly any> fat and low calories.> > > > Arend> > > > .> > > > Web Bug from> http://geo./serv?s=97359714/grpId=7299303/grpspId=1705132763/msgId=> 43579/stime=1337795221/nc1=3848640/nc2=5191945/nc3=5191951> <http://www.mailscanner.tv/1x1spacer.gif>> >>

Guest guest

Arend,How many tomatoes of average size correspond to 120 gr of juice? Dr. Grim, why do we are not recommended to eat just a lot of tomatoes? Is it impossible to substitute V8 low sodium with natural tomatoes for everyone? Natalia From: Arend de Haan <arenddehaan@...> hyperaldosteronism Sent: Tuesday, May 29, 2012 6:46 AM Subject: RE: stomach damage, caused by potassium tablets

Natalia, Thanks for your message and telling us about your experience. It stimulated me to see what the standard amount of Natrium in tomato juice is, in the supermarkets here. Recalculated to 120 grams, that varies between about 264 and 336 mg.Since we have gardereners growing tomatoes in our family, we can get them for free, about 9 months a year. If I have time, I make large portions tomato juice myself. Then it has only 6 mg of Na per 120 gr, if I'm well. But not everyone is in such a privileged situation, to have time and a sufficient freezer capacity.Arend Van: hyperaldosteronism [mailto:hyperaldosteronism ] Namens Natalia KamnevaVerzonden: maandag 28 mei 2012 20:18Aan: hyperaldosteronism Onderwerp: Re: stomach damage, caused by potassium tablets Arend, you can also try to find just low Na tomato or vegetable juice in NL. I recently found one in Moscow. It was funny, since there is no such regulation to label sodium in packaged food in Russia, nevertheless I found tomato juice which was labeled with Na < = 200 mg in 120 g. It was only one thing out of hundreds that I inspected in Russian supermarkets. It worked excellent for me, so I stopped to take K supplements immediately. Natalia From: Arend de Haan <arenddehaan@...>hyperaldosteronism Sent: Thursday, May 24, 2012 8:08 AMSubject: RE: stomach damage, caused by potassium tablets Dr. Grim, Thanks for your contributions!I've don't know any usual brand in NL that produces V8.But it must be available in specialized shop, will continue searching.No, I am not eating licorice (drop in Dutch), since I experienced to have hypertension at 28 yrs. Van: hyperaldosteronism [mailto:hyperaldosteronism ] Namens Clarence GrimVerzonden: woensdag 23 mei 2012 19:56Aan: hyperaldosteronism CC: Clarence GrimOnderwerp: Re: stomach damage, caused by potassium tablets Look for V-8 and read the labels. Let us know what you find there. Are you a licorice eater? The Dutch have the best. Should have both Na and K on the label. and:Look for the tomato/veggie drink in the market called V-8. But only use the low sodium or spicy version as regular is loaded with Na. One of the best source of K we have found. To convert mg K to mM or mEq K divide by 40. Goal with DASH is 4700 mg K, 1500 Na. On May 23, 2012, at 12:46 PM, Arend de Haan wrote: In The Netherlands indeed one can purchase V-8, I'm not sure if it is low sodium, shall ask that company in The Hague about this aspect. My daily medication in 300 mg spiro + 75 mg atenolol + 30 mg propranolol + 3.000 mg K. Testresults: K in blood between 3.5 and 4.0 mmol/l. Taking less K immediately resukts in falling down of K value in blood tot below 3.0 mmol/l. Male, 61 yrs, 6 feet, 92 kg. No, I am not Dashing, but I'm following a similar diet with many vegetables and fruits, enough protein, hardly any fat and low calories.Arend Van: Valarie Verzonden: woensdag 23 mei 2012 19:05Aan: hyperaldosteronism Onderwerp: RE: stomach damage, caused by potassium tablets Can you

get V-8 juice in the Netherlands? If so, you should be able to get low sodium (Na) V-8. Why are you taking so much potassium (K)? Are you DASHing? Are you on HTN medicines? Where are your test results? Val From: hyperaldosteronism [mailto:hyperaldosteronism ] On Behalf Of Arend de Haan My intake was 3.000 mg K.Until 2006 in 3 tablets of 1,000 mg K, since that year 5 tablets

of 600 mg K. I assume this gives me 40 mEq of K.I don't understand what "a cup of low Na V-8" is.Is this part of the DASHing diet?Can I get this in The Netherlands?Thanks for your time and information!Kind regards,Arend de Haan

Guest guest

There is your nich market in Holland!I think the labels you at reading may be per 100 grams and not per serving. But EU labeling is the per gram way which then makes it necessary to calculate how may 100 gms is a serving. They don't make it easy the food industry. May your pressure be low!CE Grim MS, MDSpecializing in DifficultHypertensionOn May 29, 2012, at 6:46, Arend de Haan <arenddehaan@...> wrote:

Natalia, Thanks for your message and telling us about your experience. It stimulated me to see what the standard amount of Natrium in tomato juice is, in the supermarkets here. Recalculated to 120 grams, that varies between about 264 and 336 mg.Since we have gardereners growing tomatoes in our family, we can get them for free, about 9 months a year. If I have time, I make large portions tomato juice myself. Then it has only 6 mg of Na per 120 gr, if I'm well. But not everyone is in such a privileged situation, to have time and a sufficient freezer capacity.Arend Van: hyperaldosteronism [mailto:hyperaldosteronism ] Namens Natalia KamnevaVerzonden: maandag 28 mei 2012 20:18Aan: hyperaldosteronism Onderwerp: Re: stomach damage, caused by potassium tablets Arend, you can also try to find just low Na

tomato or vegetable juice in NL. I recently found one in Moscow. It was funny, since there is no such regulation to label sodium in packaged food in Russia, nevertheless I found tomato juice which was labeled with Na < = 200 mg in 120 g. It was only

one thing out of hundreds that I inspected in Russian supermarkets. It worked excellent for me, so I stopped to take K supplements immediately. Natalia From: Arend de Haan <arenddehaan@...>hyperaldosteronism Sent: Thursday, May 24, 2012 8:08 AMSubject: RE: stomach damage, caused by potassium tablets Dr. Grim, Thanks for your contributions!I've don't know any usual brand in NL that produces V8.But it must be available in specialized shop, will continue searching.No, I am not eating licorice (drop in Dutch), since I experienced to have hypertension at 28 yrs. Van: hyperaldosteronism [mailto:hyperaldosteronism ] Namens Clarence GrimVerzonden: woensdag 23 mei 2012 19:56Aan: hyperaldosteronism CC: Clarence GrimOnderwerp: Re: stomach damage, caused by potassium tablets Look for V-8 and read the labels. Let us

know what you find there. Are you a licorice eater? The Dutch have the best. Should have both Na and K on the label. and:Look for the tomato/veggie drink in the market called V-8. But only use the low sodium or spicy version as regular is loaded with Na. One of the best source of K we have found. To convert mg K to mM or mEq K divide by 40. Goal with DASH is 4700 mg K, 1500 Na. On May 23, 2012, at 12:46 PM, Arend de Haan wrote: In The Netherlands indeed one can purchase V-8, I'm not sure if it is low sodium, shall ask that company in The Hague about this aspect. My daily medication in 300 mg spiro + 75 mg atenolol + 30 mg propranolol + 3.000 mg K. Testresults: K in blood between 3.5 and 4.0 mmol/l. Taking less K

immediately resukts in falling down of K value in blood tot below 3.0 mmol/l. Male, 61 yrs, 6 feet, 92 kg. No, I am not Dashing, but I'm following a similar diet with many vegetables and fruits, enough protein, hardly any fat and low calories.Arend Van: Valarie Verzonden: woensdag 23 mei 2012 19:05Aan: hyperaldosteronism Onderwerp: RE: stomach damage, caused by potassium tablets Can you get V-8 juice in the Netherlands? If so, you should be able to get low sodium (Na) V-8. Why are you taking so much potassium (K)? Are you DASHing? Are you on HTN medicines? Where are your test results? Val From: hyperaldosteronism [mailto:hyperaldosteronism ] On Behalf Of Arend de Haan My intake

was 3.000 mg K.Until 2006 in 3 tablets of 1,000 mg K, since that year 5 tablets of 600 mg K. I assume this gives me 40 mEq of K.I don't understand what "a cup of low Na V-8" is.Is this part of the DASHing diet?Can I get this in The Netherlands?Thanks for your time and information!Kind regards,Arend de Haan

Reply to sender |

Reply to group |

Reply via web post |

Start a New Topic

Guest guest

If u are on enough Spiro and K and low enoFH Na the nite peeing will go down and may even go away unless other causes of night peeing. May your pressure be low!CE Grim MS, MDSpecializing in DifficultHypertensionOn May 29, 2012, at 6:52, Arend de Haan <arenddehaan@...> wrote:

I drink about 2.5 tot 3 liters a day.Per 24 HR I have to go the men's room about 5 times + at noght about 3 to 4 times.Of course this also depends of the temperatures and the times at which I take my spiro. Van: hyperaldosteronism [mailto:hyperaldosteronism ] Namens Francis Bill SUSPECTED PAVerzonden: maandag 28 mei 2012 23:03Aan: hyperaldosteronism Onderwerp: Re: stomach damage, caused by potassium tablets

How much do you pee in 24 HR? Do you find that within about 10 Min of drinking you have pee? > > > > In 1995 I was diagnosed for hyperaldosteronism, based on (inter alia) aldosterone and renin tests. In 1994 I had venous sampling: but that was not succesfull due to an abnormal pattern of the veins. I had a CT of my adrenals three times: 1992, 2000 and 2008, always with the result: enlarged adrenals on both sides, no adenomas. I've been subscribe atenolol as an extra medication (next to spironolactone) to lower the blood pressure. This is still too high I think, especially the systolic value: about 155 to 165 mm Hg, diastolic is OK with about 78. Propranolol is taken

30 mg daily two give a regular heartbeat.> > > As far as I know, in our country doctors do not use any diets, treating hypertension or hyperaldosteronism. In the best case it is advisable to mind your salt (sodium) intake. So DASHing is not a standard thing to do in The Netherlands. Since I have problems with my stomach due to potassium, I'm now very interested in (partly) replacing that "drug" by food, which has a high amount of potassium in it. Yesterday I bought on ebay 2 books about DASHing, and I started to search for V8 availability in NL.> > > > Arend> > > > Van: hyperaldosteronism [mailto:hyperaldosteronism ] Namens Valarie > Verzonden: woensdag 23 mei 2012 20:46> Aan: hyperaldosteronism > Onderwerp: RE: stomach damage, caused by potassium tablets> > > > > > Have you had urinary testing for sodium and potassium? Results? That usually tells how well you're DASHing. Be aware that meat is often infused with sodium. You have to look for uninfused meat. Have you had aldosterone and renin tests? Results? Have you had a CT of the adrenals? Why are you taking two B-Blockers? Where is your blood pressure with your combination?> > > > Val> > > > From: hyperaldosteronism [mailto:hyperaldosteronism ] On Behalf Of Arend de Haan> > > > > In The Netherlands indeed one can purchase V-8, I'm

not sure if it is low sodium, shall ask that company in The Hague about this aspect. My daily medication in 300 mg spiro + 75 mg atenolol + 30 mg propranolol + 3.000 mg K. Testresults: K in blood between 3.5 and 4.0 mmol/l. Taking less K immediately resukts in falling down of K value in blood tot below 3.0 mmol/l. Male, 61 yrs, 6 feet, 92 kg. No, I am not Dashing, but I'm following a similar diet with many vegetables and fruits, enough protein, hardly any fat and low calories.> > Arend> > .> > Web Bug from http://geo./serv?s=97359714/grpId=7299303/grpspId=1705132763/msgId=43579/stime=1337795221/nc1=3848640/nc2=5191945/nc3=5191951 <http://www.mailscanner.tv/1x1spacer.gif>>

Guest guest

One can do tomatoes but I think some of the other items in V-8 boost the K. However plain tomatoes are better than low Na V8 as they have less Na. I suspect tomatoes will cost more but may depend on where live. I was brought up to add salt and pepper to sliced tomatoes and some in family also added sugar. I only do pepper now. May your pressure be low!CE Grim MS, MDSpecializing in DifficultHypertensionOn May 29, 2012, at 11:19, Natalia Kamneva <natalia_kamneva@...> wrote:

Arend,How many tomatoes of average size correspond to 120 gr of juice? Dr. Grim, why do we are not recommended to eat just a lot of tomatoes? Is it impossible to substitute V8 low sodium with natural tomatoes for everyone? Natalia From: Arend de Haan <arenddehaan@...> hyperaldosteronism Sent: Tuesday, May 29, 2012 6:46 AM Subject: RE: stomach damage, caused by potassium tablets

Natalia, Thanks for your message and telling us about your experience. It stimulated me to see what the standard amount of Natrium in tomato juice is, in the supermarkets here. Recalculated to 120 grams, that varies between about 264 and 336 mg.Since we have gardereners growing tomatoes in our family, we can get them for free, about 9 months a year. If I have time, I make large portions tomato juice myself. Then it has only 6 mg of Na per 120 gr, if I'm well. But not everyone is in such a privileged situation, to have time and a sufficient freezer capacity.Arend Van: hyperaldosteronism [mailto:hyperaldosteronism ] Namens Natalia KamnevaVerzonden: maandag 28 mei 2012 20:18Aan: hyperaldosteronism Onderwerp: Re: stomach damage, caused by potassium tablets Arend, you can also try to find just low Na tomato or vegetable juice in NL. I recently found one in Moscow. It was funny, since there is no such regulation to label sodium in packaged food in Russia, nevertheless I found tomato juice which was labeled with Na < = 200 mg in 120 g.

It was only one thing out of hundreds that I inspected in Russian supermarkets. It worked excellent for me, so I stopped to take K supplements immediately. Natalia From: Arend de Haan <arenddehaan@...>hyperaldosteronism

Sent: Thursday, May 24, 2012 8:08 AMSubject: RE: stomach damage, caused by potassium tablets Dr. Grim, Thanks for your contributions!I've don't know any usual brand in NL that produces V8.But it must be available in specialized shop, will continue searching.No, I am not eating licorice (drop in Dutch), since I

experienced to have hypertension at 28 yrs. Van: hyperaldosteronism [mailto:hyperaldosteronism ] Namens Clarence GrimVerzonden: woensdag 23 mei 2012 19:56Aan: hyperaldosteronism CC: Clarence GrimOnderwerp: Re: stomach damage, caused by potassium tablets Look for V-8 and read the labels. Let us know what you find there. Are you a licorice

eater? The Dutch have the best. Should have both Na and K on the label. and:Look for the tomato/veggie drink in the market called V-8. But only use the low sodium or spicy version as regular is loaded with Na. One of the best source of K we have found. To convert mg K to mM or mEq K divide by 40. Goal with DASH is 4700 mg K, 1500 Na. On May 23, 2012, at 12:46 PM, Arend de Haan wrote: In The Netherlands indeed one can purchase V-8, I'm not sure if it is low sodium, shall ask that company in The Hague about this aspect. My daily medication in 300 mg spiro + 75 mg atenolol + 30 mg propranolol + 3.000 mg K. Testresults: K in blood between 3.5 and 4.0 mmol/l. Taking less K immediately resukts in

falling down of K value in blood tot below 3.0 mmol/l. Male, 61 yrs, 6 feet, 92 kg. No, I am not Dashing, but I'm following a similar diet with many vegetables and fruits, enough protein, hardly any fat and low calories.Arend Van: Valarie Verzonden: woensdag 23 mei 2012 19:05Aan: hyperaldosteronism Onderwerp: RE: stomach damage,

caused by potassium tablets Can you

get V-8 juice in the Netherlands? If so, you should be able to get low sodium (Na) V-8. Why are you taking so much potassium (K)? Are you DASHing? Are you on HTN medicines? Where are your test results? Val From: hyperaldosteronism [mailto:hyperaldosteronism ] On Behalf Of Arend de Haan My intake was 3.000 mg K.Until 2006 in 3 tablets of 1,000 mg K, since that year 5 tablets

of 600 mg K. I assume this gives me 40 mEq of K.I don't understand what "a cup of low Na V-8" is.Is this part of the DASHing diet?

Guest guest

One can do tomatoes but I think some of the other items in V-8 boost the K. However plain tomatoes are better than low Na V8 as they have less Na. I suspect tomatoes will cost more but may depend on where live. I was brought up to add salt and pepper to sliced tomatoes and some in family also added sugar. I only do pepper now. May your pressure be low!CE Grim MS, MDSpecializing in DifficultHypertensionOn May 29, 2012, at 11:19, Natalia Kamneva <natalia_kamneva@...> wrote:

Natalia, Thanks for your message and telling us about your experience. It stimulated me to see what the standard amount of Natrium in tomato juice is, in the supermarkets here. Recalculated to 120 grams, that varies between about 264 and 336 mg.Since we have gardereners growing tomatoes in our family, we can get them for free, about 9 months a year. If I have time, I make large portions tomato juice myself. Then it has only 6 mg of Na per 120 gr, if I'm well. But not everyone is in such a privileged situation, to have time and a sufficient freezer capacity.Arend Van: hyperaldosteronism [mailto:hyperaldosteronism ] Namens Natalia KamnevaVerzonden: maandag 28 mei 2012 20:18Aan: hyperaldosteronism Onderwerp: Re: stomach damage, caused by potassium tablets Arend, you can also try to find just low Na tomato or vegetable juice in NL. I recently found one in Moscow. It was funny, since there is no such regulation to label sodium in packaged food in Russia, nevertheless I found tomato juice which was labeled with Na < = 200 mg in 120 g.

It was only one thing out of hundreds that I inspected in Russian supermarkets. It worked excellent for me, so I stopped to take K supplements immediately. Natalia From: Arend de Haan <arenddehaan@...>hyperaldosteronism

Sent: Thursday, May 24, 2012 8:08 AMSubject: RE: stomach damage, caused by potassium tablets Dr. Grim, Thanks for your contributions!I've don't know any usual brand in NL that produces V8.But it must be available in specialized shop, will continue searching.No, I am not eating licorice (drop in Dutch), since I

experienced to have hypertension at 28 yrs. Van: hyperaldosteronism [mailto:hyperaldosteronism ] Namens Clarence GrimVerzonden: woensdag 23 mei 2012 19:56Aan: hyperaldosteronism CC: Clarence GrimOnderwerp: Re: stomach damage, caused by potassium tablets Look for V-8 and read the labels. Let us know what you find there. Are you a licorice

eater? The Dutch have the best. Should have both Na and K on the label. and:Look for the tomato/veggie drink in the market called V-8. But only use the low sodium or spicy version as regular is loaded with Na. One of the best source of K we have found. To convert mg K to mM or mEq K divide by 40. Goal with DASH is 4700 mg K, 1500 Na. On May 23, 2012, at 12:46 PM, Arend de Haan wrote: In The Netherlands indeed one can purchase V-8, I'm not sure if it is low sodium, shall ask that company in The Hague about this aspect. My daily medication in 300 mg spiro + 75 mg atenolol + 30 mg propranolol + 3.000 mg K. Testresults: K in blood between 3.5 and 4.0 mmol/l. Taking less K immediately resukts in

falling down of K value in blood tot below 3.0 mmol/l. Male, 61 yrs, 6 feet, 92 kg. No, I am not Dashing, but I'm following a similar diet with many vegetables and fruits, enough protein, hardly any fat and low calories.Arend Van: Valarie Verzonden: woensdag 23 mei 2012 19:05Aan: hyperaldosteronism Onderwerp: RE: stomach damage,

caused by potassium tablets Can you

of 600 mg K. I assume this gives me 40 mEq of K.I don't understand what "a cup of low Na V-8" is.Is this part of the DASHing diet?