RemedySpot.com

Seroquel

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Hi, no experience with Seroquel, but regarding the issue of sleep, we use 1/2 tablet of trazodone for our son. It's very inexpensive. He has ADHD as well as autism - he gets hyper in the evening and simply cannot fall asleep. If he doesn't get enough sleep we get the behavior issues, so I can completely relate!

We just started using Intuniv, a new 24 hr ADHD med. It's expensive, but it's been proven to have a calming effect on kids with either ADHD or autism. It does - he's on the lowest dose and it did wonders for him. You can ask your doc to prescribe twice the dose and cut the pills in half. Some of these meds are just so expensive!

Hope this helps. :-)

Diane

Guest guest

Our son takes Vyvanse 1x a day in the am and 12.5 mg of seroquel in the evening for sleep and it works wonderful. He has major anxiety of being away from me so we got the screaming and carrying on for 2 hours plus everynight and no sleep. Seroquel has been great -- We are noticing with the Vyvanse that it wears off after lunch and he gets aggressive. I believe his Dr. did mention Intuniv as an addition to Vyvanse. "Remember that you are your child's only advocate. Don't isolate yourself. You're not the only one in that boat. Bambi Vargo

From: dmdylinski@...Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2010 09:51:38 -0700Subject: [ ] Seroquel

Hi, no experience with Seroquel, but regarding the issue of sleep, we use 1/2 tablet of trazodone for our son. It's very inexpensive. He has ADHD as well as autism - he gets hyper in the evening and simply cannot fall asleep. If he doesn't get enough sleep we get the behavior issues, so I can completely relate!

We just started using Intuniv, a new 24 hr ADHD med. It's expensive, but it's been proven to have a calming effect on kids with either ADHD or autism. It does - he's on the lowest dose and it did wonders for him. You can ask your doc to prescribe twice the dose and cut the pills in half. Some of these meds are just so expensive!

Hope this helps. :-)

Diane

The New Busy is not the too busy. Combine all your e-mail accounts with Hotmail. Get busy.