RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hey Amber ... if this were about never having a piece of pizza or a cookie

again, I don't think a number of us would be here!

to me this program is about moderation - I eat one piece of pizza now instead

of two or three slices, I have a salad to go with ... when it comes to cookies,

I eat a couple instead of a whole sleeve! and in both categories, I look for

(whether that's to make at home or when I eat out or when I purchase at a

grocery store) more healthful versions of all of my foods -- less processed,

less sugar & less preservatives/artificial colors/flavors & ingredients).

it's learning to listen to your inner voice (are you really hungry or just

thirsty, is it really the cookie you want or some type of comfort, did you

really want the pizza or is it just because everyone else is having it - would a

salad & a breadstick make you feel better, more energetic?) and thinking about

your choices rather than just randomly filling up.

Welcome!

weightloss

Sent: Fri, February 26, 2010 6:42:56 AM

Subject: Newbie

Hello all,

Just wanted to say hi to everyone and hopefully get some advice. I just started

on the program a few days ago and I'm tearing through the podcasts to get caught

up (I'm on the 9th one already). But after hearing about her naturally slender

eating strategy, I'm a little confused about something. Does this mean I'm never

supposed to want pizza and cookies again? Because if that's the case, I'm not

sure I can do this...I know that I can't be thin and eat all the pizza and

cookies I want, but the thought of giving it all up for good still scares me. I

guess I'm just still stuck on my inner conflict. And I'm still confused on how

I'm supposed to resolve it. Am I not supposed to want the junk? Could someone

please point me in the right direction before I get off on the wrong foot here?

Thank you so much.

Guest guest

Hey Amber ... if this were about never having a piece of pizza or a cookie

again, I don't think a number of us would be here!

to me this program is about moderation - I eat one piece of pizza now instead

of two or three slices, I have a salad to go with ... when it comes to cookies,

I eat a couple instead of a whole sleeve! and in both categories, I look for

(whether that's to make at home or when I eat out or when I purchase at a

grocery store) more healthful versions of all of my foods -- less processed,

less sugar & less preservatives/artificial colors/flavors & ingredients).

it's learning to listen to your inner voice (are you really hungry or just

thirsty, is it really the cookie you want or some type of comfort, did you

really want the pizza or is it just because everyone else is having it - would a

salad & a breadstick make you feel better, more energetic?) and thinking about

your choices rather than just randomly filling up.

Welcome!

weightloss

Sent: Fri, February 26, 2010 6:42:56 AM

Subject: Newbie

Hello all,

Just wanted to say hi to everyone and hopefully get some advice. I just started

on the program a few days ago and I'm tearing through the podcasts to get caught

up (I'm on the 9th one already). But after hearing about her naturally slender

eating strategy, I'm a little confused about something. Does this mean I'm never

supposed to want pizza and cookies again? Because if that's the case, I'm not

sure I can do this...I know that I can't be thin and eat all the pizza and

cookies I want, but the thought of giving it all up for good still scares me. I

guess I'm just still stuck on my inner conflict. And I'm still confused on how

I'm supposed to resolve it. Am I not supposed to want the junk? Could someone

please point me in the right direction before I get off on the wrong foot here?

Thank you so much.

Guest guest

Congrats and welcome!!

Sent on the Sprint® Now Network from my BlackBerry®

Hello, my name is Barbra and I am new to the group also. I lost 20 pounds with

WW online, and then I became stuck. I struggled with counting calories and

obsessing about everything I ate. I knew I didn't want to live my life this way.

Real Age website suggested people who listen to weight loss podcasts or healthy

minded versions of podcasts, had greater success with weight loss. Then I found

IOWL. I feel it is the common sense approach I've been waiting for, the approach

I had inside of me the entire time. I am on episode 15. I listen to each episode

3-4 times, to really soak in and I am loving it☺ Since starting to listen

about a month ago, I am progressing forward again. Nothing is more liberating to

me than: my failures can be my successes. Everyday is a learning opportunity for

me to become the best me I can be!! I also love the " redo " , basically I love

everything!!!

Guest guest

Congrats and welcome!!

Sent on the Sprint® Now Network from my BlackBerry®

Hello, my name is Barbra and I am new to the group also. I lost 20 pounds with

WW online, and then I became stuck. I struggled with counting calories and

obsessing about everything I ate. I knew I didn't want to live my life this way.

Real Age website suggested people who listen to weight loss podcasts or healthy

minded versions of podcasts, had greater success with weight loss. Then I found

IOWL. I feel it is the common sense approach I've been waiting for, the approach

I had inside of me the entire time. I am on episode 15. I listen to each episode

3-4 times, to really soak in and I am loving it☺ Since starting to listen

about a month ago, I am progressing forward again. Nothing is more liberating to

me than: my failures can be my successes. Everyday is a learning opportunity for

me to become the best me I can be!! I also love the " redo " , basically I love

everything!!!

Guest guest

Hello L!

I'm new too...for the last 10 years I did the naturally slender thing - without

knowing it. Then wanted more and faster results and started doing the Master

Cleanse and another " program " ...they messed me up and I've gained 15lbs.

So encouraging to hear you are exercising and eating better...it has been 3 days

and I feel much better myself.

I am trying to be grateful for this process - because it brought me to and

these are really life-changing (not just weight changing) tools she is offering.

J

>

> Hello everyone.

>

> I've been reading posts and thought it was time to introduce myself.  I guess

I haven't taken the time to learn how to down load the IOWL on to my ipod and I

rely on my husband to help me.  He downloaded the first 5 episodes, and I've

listened to them twice so far.  And now I need more!  I've really enjoyed and

connected to what says.  I'm very grateful that I found this and all of

you!

>

> I've lost 25 lbs through WW only to put back on 20lbs.  Frustrating.   I'd

lost all motivation and was searching for something to spur me on.  I found it

with IOWL.  I've begun exercising again and making better food choices.  

>

> Thank you

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

Guest guest

Hello L!

I'm new too...for the last 10 years I did the naturally slender thing - without

knowing it. Then wanted more and faster results and started doing the Master

Cleanse and another " program " ...they messed me up and I've gained 15lbs.

So encouraging to hear you are exercising and eating better...it has been 3 days

and I feel much better myself.

I am trying to be grateful for this process - because it brought me to and

these are really life-changing (not just weight changing) tools she is offering.

J

>

> Hello everyone.

>

> I've been reading posts and thought it was time to introduce myself.  I guess

I haven't taken the time to learn how to down load the IOWL on to my ipod and I

rely on my husband to help me.  He downloaded the first 5 episodes, and I've

listened to them twice so far.  And now I need more!  I've really enjoyed and

connected to what says.  I'm very grateful that I found this and all of

you!

>

> I've lost 25 lbs through WW only to put back on 20lbs.  Frustrating.   I'd

lost all motivation and was searching for something to spur me on.  I found it

with IOWL.  I've begun exercising again and making better food choices.  

>

> Thank you

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

Guest guest

Hi! I'm also new to this group and very glad to be hear! I have been listening

to the podcasts for a few days now and I can already feel the change!

Like yesterday, I was eating my SECOND brownie when I started thinking how I

would feel after it, and why I really needed a second one. So I dumped it in the

trashcan. And then this morning when I woke up I wasn't hungry at all. I went to

this event where there was an abundance of muffins, but I just didn't want them

(which is very unusual)!

I feel the success journal really helps me as well. I used to feel really bad

after a binge, but instead I manage to look at the highlights of the day!

This is all coming from a binge eater that also used to purge every now and

then.

So, thank you . Really. My thoughts would always revolve around eating or

not eating and I didn't think I would ever get rid of them. Now I have hope!

Marieke (I'm dutch, so please bare with me when my spelling is bad!)

Guest guest

WELCOME TO OUR GROUP!! KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!! However, don't burn youreself out by working out to many days in a row or you'll fall off the wagon. Anyway, once again WELCOME!!

Geoff

On Tue, Mar 9, 2010 at 3:38 PM, kathyjrogers <kathyjrogers@...> wrote:

So, I've been lurking about for a few days. You people are hardcore! I mean that in the nicest possible way!

I'm almost 49, married, one teenage child. I've been loading the pounds onto my 5'8 " body for about 15 years now. I was always slender before I hit my middle 30s and then I started to resemble my apple-shaped parents. I got up to a little over 200 pounds. Having my weight start with a " 2 " pushed me up off the couch, even though I am lucky to be healthy in every other way: good blood tests, blood pressure, etc.

Since mid-December, I've been trying to get some kind of exercise at least 5 days a week. Much of that exercise is from DVDs. Beginnerish stuff like Sansone, for the most part. But I am already collecting a pretty impressive workout DVD library. And reading posts here isn't making the " want " list any shorter!

Anyhow, I'm down about 10 pounds and am now weighing in at (gulp) 191.5. Slow and steady. I'm not really dieting. Just trying to eat better food and move around more.

I'm enjoying what I have read here so far and hope to continue to be motivated to challenge myself to do more physically. Thanks for being here!

Kathy in L.A.

Guest guest

Welcome Kathy!!! It sounds like you are going to fit right in here :)  Congrats at your weightloss so far :)DarcyOn Tue, Mar 9, 2010 at 2:38 PM, kathyjrogers <kathyjrogers@...> wrote:

So, I've been lurking about for a few days. You people are hardcore! I mean that in the nicest possible way!I'm almost 49, married, one teenage child. I've been loading the pounds onto my 5'8 " body for about 15 years now. I was always slender before I hit my middle 30s and then I started to resemble my apple-shaped parents. I got up to a little over 200 pounds. Having my weight start with a " 2 " pushed me up off the couch, even though I am lucky to be healthy in every other way: good blood tests, blood pressure, etc.

Since mid-December, I've been trying to get some kind of exercise at least 5 days a week. Much of that exercise is from DVDs. Beginnerish stuff like Sansone, for the most part. But I am already collecting a pretty impressive workout DVD library. And reading posts here isn't making the " want " list any shorter!

Anyhow, I'm down about 10 pounds and am now weighing in at (gulp) 191.5. Slow and steady. I'm not really dieting. Just trying to eat better food and move around more.

I'm enjoying what I have read here so far and hope to continue to be motivated to challenge myself to do more physically. Thanks for being here!

Kathy in L.A.

Guest guest

Welcome Kathy!!  You are doing GREAT!  I think we all start with and still do as a warmup or for light days.  She's a hoot!It sounds like you have the same workout obsession we do- can't wait to read your workout reviews!  What's next on the agenda?

Cheers,  On Tue, Mar 9, 2010 at 12:38 PM, kathyjrogers <kathyjrogers@...> wrote:

So, I've been lurking about for a few days. You people are hardcore! I mean that in the nicest possible way!I'm almost 49, married, one teenage child. I've been loading the pounds onto my 5'8 " body for about 15 years now. I was always slender before I hit my middle 30s and then I started to resemble my apple-shaped parents. I got up to a little over 200 pounds. Having my weight start with a " 2 " pushed me up off the couch, even though I am lucky to be healthy in every other way: good blood tests, blood pressure, etc.

Kathy in L.A.

Guest guest

hi kathy welcome. i think you are making great steps to healthier lifestyle. everything by choices and babysteps. no real "diet" has ever been known to work but just making better choices more often leads to making it easier and more long lasting. i get a lot of my dvds from thrift stores,ross, tj maxx(or any discount store of its kind) as well as trade on another forum(and sometimes here). i have a few brand news. i also workout at my local ymca at the gym and do some routines on my own. kassiaLDY_SOLANA'S fITNESS BLOGLDY_SOLANA'S WEBPAGEFrom: kathyjrogers <kathyjrogers@...>Subject: Newbie Date: Tuesday, March 9, 2010, 3:38 PM

So, I've been lurking about for a few days. You people are hardcore! I mean that in the nicest possible way!I'm almost 49, married, one teenage child. I've been loading the pounds onto my 5'8" body for about 15 years now. I was always slender before I hit my middle 30s and then I started to resemble my apple-shaped parents. I got up to a little over 200 pounds. Having my weight start with a "2" pushed me up off the couch, even though I am lucky to be healthy in every other way: good blood tests, blood pressure, etc.

Since mid-December, I've been trying to get some kind of exercise at least 5 days a week. Much of that exercise is from DVDs. Beginnerish stuff like Sansone, for the most part. But I am already collecting a pretty impressive workout DVD library. And reading posts here isn't making the "want" list any shorter!

Anyhow, I'm down about 10 pounds and am now weighing in at (gulp) 191.5. Slow and steady. I'm not really dieting. Just trying to eat better food and move around more.I'm enjoying what I have read here so far and hope to continue to be motivated to challenge myself to do more physically. Thanks for being here!

Kathy in L.A.

Guest guest

hi kathy welcome. i think you are making great steps to healthier lifestyle. everything by choices and babysteps. no real "diet" has ever been known to work but just making better choices more often leads to making it easier and more long lasting. i get a lot of my dvds from thrift stores,ross, tj maxx(or any discount store of its kind) as well as trade on another forum(and sometimes here). i have a few brand news. i also workout at my local ymca at the gym and do some routines on my own. kassiaLDY_SOLANA'S fITNESS BLOGLDY_SOLANA'S WEBPAGEFrom: kathyjrogers <kathyjrogers@...>Subject: Newbie Date: Tuesday, March 9, 2010, 3:38 PM

So, I've been lurking about for a few days. You people are hardcore! I mean that in the nicest possible way!I'm almost 49, married, one teenage child. I've been loading the pounds onto my 5'8" body for about 15 years now. I was always slender before I hit my middle 30s and then I started to resemble my apple-shaped parents. I got up to a little over 200 pounds. Having my weight start with a "2" pushed me up off the couch, even though I am lucky to be healthy in every other way: good blood tests, blood pressure, etc.

Since mid-December, I've been trying to get some kind of exercise at least 5 days a week. Much of that exercise is from DVDs. Beginnerish stuff like Sansone, for the most part. But I am already collecting a pretty impressive workout DVD library. And reading posts here isn't making the "want" list any shorter!

Anyhow, I'm down about 10 pounds and am now weighing in at (gulp) 191.5. Slow and steady. I'm not really dieting. Just trying to eat better food and move around more.I'm enjoying what I have read here so far and hope to continue to be motivated to challenge myself to do more physically. Thanks for being here!

Kathy in L.A.

Guest guest

Thanks for the nice welcome, everyone. asked what's next. Well, I'm still not in the greatest shape, so I can't handle anything intense or anything much longer than 40 minutes. I'm also a tremendous klutz, so I am not good at complicated or dance-y stuff. I will get in better shape, but I don't know if I'll ever be less of a klutz.

I picked up a couple of Prevention videos that seem OK (Get Moving and 3-2-1 Workout). I did some of Get Moving the other day. I did the warm up, the cardio, the upper body, and cool down segments. The cardio is only 15 minutes and isn't very intense even for someone like me. I did stumble over some of the footwork, but probably would do OK the next time or the time after that.

Last week I received Slim in 6 and did the Start It Up part. Not easy for me. Mostly do-able, but with some modifications, especially as time ticked on and I got tired. Also, my abs are in no kinda shape, so I can't keep up with the ab work. Yet. I don't plan to do the 6 week program at all. I just liked the look of the clips I saw, so I bought it to mix in with the stuff I have.

Thanks for the source ideas, Kassia. I've been shopping Amazon and Collage. Swapping at SwapADVD. Renting from Netflix. Did a couple of freebies on ExerciseTV. I think I need to go check out the library, too.

Anybody got any newbie favorites for someone like me? Thanks again for the welcome.Kathy in L.A.

Guest guest

Thanks for the nice welcome, everyone. asked what's next. Well, I'm still not in the greatest shape, so I can't handle anything intense or anything much longer than 40 minutes. I'm also a tremendous klutz, so I am not good at complicated or dance-y stuff. I will get in better shape, but I don't know if I'll ever be less of a klutz.

I picked up a couple of Prevention videos that seem OK (Get Moving and 3-2-1 Workout). I did some of Get Moving the other day. I did the warm up, the cardio, the upper body, and cool down segments. The cardio is only 15 minutes and isn't very intense even for someone like me. I did stumble over some of the footwork, but probably would do OK the next time or the time after that.

Last week I received Slim in 6 and did the Start It Up part. Not easy for me. Mostly do-able, but with some modifications, especially as time ticked on and I got tired. Also, my abs are in no kinda shape, so I can't keep up with the ab work. Yet. I don't plan to do the 6 week program at all. I just liked the look of the clips I saw, so I bought it to mix in with the stuff I have.

Thanks for the source ideas, Kassia. I've been shopping Amazon and Collage. Swapping at SwapADVD. Renting from Netflix. Did a couple of freebies on ExerciseTV. I think I need to go check out the library, too.

Anybody got any newbie favorites for someone like me? Thanks again for the welcome.Kathy in L.A.

Guest guest

kathy if you have a dollar tree nearby see if they still have 30 minute to fitness from exercise tv. there were 6 dvds with a 20 min main workout and a 10 min add on. they did this as a promotion i believe for exercise tv. the ones i have done i rather enjoy. prevention has some good ones, i am not familiar with those workouts but i am familiar with the instructor. she did a personal training one for prevention and her burn cellulite(i can't recall exactly the title) were much better ones more intermediate. i am partial to denise austin b/c its who i started video fitness with although her cueing is off but i rather enjoy her. she has newer bootcamp ones out that are 2-20 min workouts with a bonus workout(one has a stretch and the other dvd has abs) . kathy smith and karen voight are good ones as well. kassiaLDY_SOLANA'S fITNESS BLOGLDY_SOLANA'S WEBPAGEFrom: kathyjrogers <kathyjrogers@...>Subject: Re: Newbie Date: Tuesday, March 9, 2010, 6:32 PM

Guest guest

kathy if you have a dollar tree nearby see if they still have 30 minute to fitness from exercise tv. there were 6 dvds with a 20 min main workout and a 10 min add on. they did this as a promotion i believe for exercise tv. the ones i have done i rather enjoy. prevention has some good ones, i am not familiar with those workouts but i am familiar with the instructor. she did a personal training one for prevention and her burn cellulite(i can't recall exactly the title) were much better ones more intermediate. i am partial to denise austin b/c its who i started video fitness with although her cueing is off but i rather enjoy her. she has newer bootcamp ones out that are 2-20 min workouts with a bonus workout(one has a stretch and the other dvd has abs) . kathy smith and karen voight are good ones as well. kassiaLDY_SOLANA'S fITNESS BLOGLDY_SOLANA'S WEBPAGEFrom: kathyjrogers <kathyjrogers@...>Subject: Re: Newbie Date: Tuesday, March 9, 2010, 6:32 PM

Guest guest

Hi Kathy!

Welcome from me, in Michigan (where it was actually 52 degrees and sunny today)! I'm a Weight Watchers leader and am very impressed with your weight loss and, especially, habit changes! Adding in consistent exercise and consciously making better food choices are lifestyle habits that will help you continue to lose weight and keep it off later too!

I am also a total klutz. I have 2 left feet and some days, it feels like 3 actually! I love Sansone because you don't have to follow any kind of combinations, the moves are so simple and yet she still has workouts to challenge any ability level. Her workouts are super easy to modify up or down too, depending on where you're at that particular day. Despite what I said about being a klutz, I do have to say I have gotten MUCH better with choreography as I've done more and more different kinds of workouts. I've been working out consistently for 3 years now (I can't even believe I just wrote that but it is true, Dec. 25, 2007 is when I finally started working out regularly) and, while I still won't take on anything that is definitely complex, I can very successfully do workouts that have some moderate choreography both on the floor and on the step. I need simple, repetitive combinations to be really comfortable but with enough repetition I can get less simple. Some of Kathy 's workouts are slightly more complex than and I enjoy those a lot. Her walking for weight loss or something like that workout is excellent and very doable at your fitness level (I did it when I was there, that's how I know). I really like bootcamp style workouts too because they generally have very limited choreography and are tough. I started a FIRM rotation today that I'm very excited about. Sometimes, their choreography is a bit much for me, especially because the instructors normally do not show how to do the steps and you just have to catch on to their cues. After doing many of their workouts though, I am getting a lot better at figuring out what they're calling for and if I'm behind by a step or two at first I usually catch up pretty quickly. Sometimes, I'm still lost but then I just do my own version of whatever it is!

I can't remember if Kassia mentioned Video Fitness as a place to swap videos too but I've had some great trades through there (and need to post a new list soon too). www.videofitness.com. You have to register for the forum to see the trading lists but I've never gotten any spam from having done so.

I'm not a huge Austin fan, partly because she drives me nuts, partly because her cueing is SO BEYOND HORRIBLE but I really do like her Blast Away the Pounds Indoor Walk DVD. There are 3 workouts on it, ranging from very beginner to more intense. I also like Madeline ' Get Moving! Walking for Weight Loss (not sure if that's one you're referencing or not). Dozois' workouts are generally more intermediate level and her choreography is definitely more complicated than 's but it is mostly very athletic and her workouts are all fantastic. Tamilee Webb's workouts (cardio, strength or flexibility) are also very good with mostly simple, athletic and fun choreography. If you want tougher but also non-choreography workouts, Tony Horton's Power 90 (P90) program from Beachbody is a giant step up from but excellent. Tony has a rather unique personality that some of us adore and some of us can't stand (I'm in the adore camp) so you might want to see if you can borrow one of his workouts before you commit to buying the program! Note too, this is the "beginner" (more intermediate though I think) P90 program. You might have heard about P90X and that is the "extreme" version of P90. I did the 90 day P90 program a couple of years ago and it made a huge difference in my fitness level and confidence too. I started off barely able to do the level 1/2 workouts and by the end I was zipping through the level 3/4 workouts.

Anyway, there's my novel about other ideas and my welcome too! I hope it gives you some ideas. I'll be looking forward to reading about your workouts!

Re: Newbie

Thanks for the nice welcome, everyone.

asked what's next. Well, I'm still not in the greatest shape, so I can't handle anything intense or anything much longer than 40 minutes. I'm also a tremendous klutz, so I am not good at complicated or dance-y stuff. I will get in better shape, but I don't know if I'll ever be less of a klutz.

Anybody got any newbie favorites for someone like me? Thanks again for the welcome.

Kathy in L.A.

Guest guest

Hi Kathy!

Welcome from me, in Michigan (where it was actually 52 degrees and sunny today)! I'm a Weight Watchers leader and am very impressed with your weight loss and, especially, habit changes! Adding in consistent exercise and consciously making better food choices are lifestyle habits that will help you continue to lose weight and keep it off later too!

I am also a total klutz. I have 2 left feet and some days, it feels like 3 actually! I love Sansone because you don't have to follow any kind of combinations, the moves are so simple and yet she still has workouts to challenge any ability level. Her workouts are super easy to modify up or down too, depending on where you're at that particular day. Despite what I said about being a klutz, I do have to say I have gotten MUCH better with choreography as I've done more and more different kinds of workouts. I've been working out consistently for 3 years now (I can't even believe I just wrote that but it is true, Dec. 25, 2007 is when I finally started working out regularly) and, while I still won't take on anything that is definitely complex, I can very successfully do workouts that have some moderate choreography both on the floor and on the step. I need simple, repetitive combinations to be really comfortable but with enough repetition I can get less simple. Some of Kathy 's workouts are slightly more complex than and I enjoy those a lot. Her walking for weight loss or something like that workout is excellent and very doable at your fitness level (I did it when I was there, that's how I know). I really like bootcamp style workouts too because they generally have very limited choreography and are tough. I started a FIRM rotation today that I'm very excited about. Sometimes, their choreography is a bit much for me, especially because the instructors normally do not show how to do the steps and you just have to catch on to their cues. After doing many of their workouts though, I am getting a lot better at figuring out what they're calling for and if I'm behind by a step or two at first I usually catch up pretty quickly. Sometimes, I'm still lost but then I just do my own version of whatever it is!

I can't remember if Kassia mentioned Video Fitness as a place to swap videos too but I've had some great trades through there (and need to post a new list soon too). www.videofitness.com. You have to register for the forum to see the trading lists but I've never gotten any spam from having done so.

I'm not a huge Austin fan, partly because she drives me nuts, partly because her cueing is SO BEYOND HORRIBLE but I really do like her Blast Away the Pounds Indoor Walk DVD. There are 3 workouts on it, ranging from very beginner to more intense. I also like Madeline ' Get Moving! Walking for Weight Loss (not sure if that's one you're referencing or not). Dozois' workouts are generally more intermediate level and her choreography is definitely more complicated than 's but it is mostly very athletic and her workouts are all fantastic. Tamilee Webb's workouts (cardio, strength or flexibility) are also very good with mostly simple, athletic and fun choreography. If you want tougher but also non-choreography workouts, Tony Horton's Power 90 (P90) program from Beachbody is a giant step up from but excellent. Tony has a rather unique personality that some of us adore and some of us can't stand (I'm in the adore camp) so you might want to see if you can borrow one of his workouts before you commit to buying the program! Note too, this is the "beginner" (more intermediate though I think) P90 program. You might have heard about P90X and that is the "extreme" version of P90. I did the 90 day P90 program a couple of years ago and it made a huge difference in my fitness level and confidence too. I started off barely able to do the level 1/2 workouts and by the end I was zipping through the level 3/4 workouts.

Anyway, there's my novel about other ideas and my welcome too! I hope it gives you some ideas. I'll be looking forward to reading about your workouts!

Re: Newbie

Thanks for the nice welcome, everyone.

asked what's next. Well, I'm still not in the greatest shape, so I can't handle anything intense or anything much longer than 40 minutes. I'm also a tremendous klutz, so I am not good at complicated or dance-y stuff. I will get in better shape, but I don't know if I'll ever be less of a klutz.

Anybody got any newbie favorites for someone like me? Thanks again for the welcome.

Kathy in L.A.

Guest guest

I have to correct myself... I've been working out for FOUR years, not 3 (so it was Dec 25, 2006)... I can hardly even believe it... wow.... very cool...

----- Original Message -----

I've been working out consistently for 3 years now (I can't even believe I just wrote that but it is true, Dec. 25, 2007 is when I finally started working out regularly)

Guest guest

I have to correct myself... I've been working out for FOUR years, not 3 (so it was Dec 25, 2006)... I can hardly even believe it... wow.... very cool...

I've been working out consistently for 3 years now (I can't even believe I just wrote that but it is true, Dec. 25, 2007 is when I finally started working out regularly)

Guest guest

Wow, . Thanks for all the good info and tips and encouragement! Four years! That's what I aspire to. You know, I've been to that Video Fitness website but never even looked at the forums or swap lists. I'll have to check that out.

Kathy in L.A.On Tue, Mar 9, 2010 at 5:33 PM, <nancydewolf@...> wrote:

Guest guest

Wow, . Thanks for all the good info and tips and encouragement! Four years! That's what I aspire to. You know, I've been to that Video Fitness website but never even looked at the forums or swap lists. I'll have to check that out.

Kathy in L.A.On Tue, Mar 9, 2010 at 5:33 PM, <nancydewolf@...> wrote:

Guest guest

Welcome Kathy! Glad to have you!! Not everyone on the list is hardcore. I know

I'm not.

a

>

> So, I've been lurking about for a few days. You people are hardcore! I mean

> that in the nicest possible way!

>

> I'm almost 49, married, one teenage child. I've been loading the pounds onto

> my 5'8 " body for about 15 years now. I was always slender before I hit my

> middle 30s and then I started to resemble my apple-shaped parents. I got up

> to a little over 200 pounds. Having my weight start with a " 2 " pushed me up

> off the couch, even though I am lucky to be healthy in every other way: good

> blood tests, blood pressure, etc.

>

> Since mid-December, I've been trying to get some kind of exercise at least 5

> days a week. Much of that exercise is from DVDs. Beginnerish stuff like

> Sansone, for the most part. But I am already collecting a pretty

> impressive workout DVD library. And reading posts here isn't making the

> " want " list any shorter!

>

> Anyhow, I'm down about 10 pounds and am now weighing in at (gulp) 191.5.

> Slow and steady. I'm not really dieting. Just trying to eat better food and

> move around more.

>

> I'm enjoying what I have read here so far and hope to continue to be

> motivated to challenge myself to do more physically. Thanks for being here!

>

> Kathy in L.A.

>

Guest guest

Kathy,

Don't EVER tell yourself you can't. If youve' been doing , I think you can

handle 40 min of moderate intensity. You really can do it.

Every 2-3 days have a workout where you push yourself past the edge of

uncomfortable. If my fiance hears me screaming downstairs, he knows I'm having a

good day.

Have you tried the biggest looser workouts? Netflix is a great source for trying

on moderate intensity DVDs.

I have to do ALOT of moderate intensity workouts even though I used to be a high

intensity girl. I have fibromyalgia which sometimes limits me a bit. So I really

look forward to your take on videos. Really.

So very glad to have you!

a

>

> Thanks for the nice welcome, everyone.

>

> asked what's next. Well, I'm still not in the greatest shape, so I

> can't handle anything intense or anything much longer than 40 minutes. I'm

> also a tremendous klutz, so I am not good at complicated or dance-y stuff. I

> will get in better shape, but I don't know if I'll ever be less of a klutz.

>

> I picked up a couple of Prevention videos that seem OK (Get Moving and 3-2-1

> Workout). I did some of Get Moving the other day. I did the warm up, the

> cardio, the upper body, and cool down segments. The cardio is only 15

> minutes and isn't very intense even for someone like me. I did stumble over

> some of the footwork, but probably would do OK the next time or the time

> after that.

>

> Last week I received Slim in 6 and did the Start It Up part. Not easy for

> me. Mostly do-able, but with some modifications, especially as time ticked

> on and I got tired. Also, my abs are in no kinda shape, so I can't keep up

> with the ab work. Yet. I don't plan to do the 6 week program at all. I just

> liked the look of the clips I saw, so I bought it to mix in with the stuff I

> have.

>

> Thanks for the source ideas, Kassia. I've been shopping Amazon and Collage.

> Swapping at SwapADVD. Renting from Netflix. Did a couple of freebies on

> ExerciseTV <http://www.exercisetv.tv/>. I think I need to go check out the

> library, too.

>

> Anybody got any newbie favorites for someone like me? Thanks again for the

> welcome.

>

> Kathy in L.A.

>

Guest guest

Hi Kathy!Welcome. It sounds like you are on the right track - slow and steady changes are the best for maintaining them! I think you received a lot of good suggestions on what workouts would be good for you. I used to do a lot of advanced stuff, but I have scaled back b/c I have issues with my back. As a result, I do a lot of , too! A great way to make is more difficult is to add light weights to the walks or to throw in some calisthetics in betweeen the miles - like push-ups, squats, lunges, etc. Which workouts do you have? I have way too many! :)I also agree with the recommendations for the Prevention workouts as a good next step. Freytag is a good instructor. Do you have Exercise TV? If so, you can try some new instructors out without spending a

whole lot of money.

A favorite instructor of mine is Ellen Barrett - don't be intimidated - although it may sound "elegant" and "dancey" her workouts are really easy to follow. I'd put her "cardio" workouts at around the same intensity of .

Oh - another instructor that I tried is Debra Mazda - she is very inspiring, she lost over 100 lbs. She has a walking workout that is a bitm ore varied than 's and she also has a pretty good basic step workout also.

Anyway - welcome! I'm Donna, btw, 42, one daughter and married in land! I have been working out FOREVER. I ran in high school/college, then did the gym thing, then the home video thing.

Take care!Donna

From: kathyjrogers <kathyjrogers@...>Subject: Newbie Date: Tuesday, March 9, 2010, 3:38 PM

So, I've been lurking about for a few days. You people are hardcore! I mean that in the nicest possible way!

I'm almost 49, married, one teenage child. I've been loading the pounds onto my 5'8" body for about 15 years now. I was always slender before I hit my middle 30s and then I started to resemble my apple-shaped parents. I got up to a little over 200 pounds. Having my weight start with a "2" pushed me up off the couch, even though I am lucky to be healthy in every other way: good blood tests, blood pressure, etc.

Kathy in L.A.