RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

To

Rate this topic

Guest guest

In a message dated 8/7/01 12:25:42 AM Eastern Daylight Time, xslav@... writes:

Dear Joni, I love you. Don't ever leave this list. And start now to write your bestseller about parenting a child with OCD, and then relax and live off your millions in royalties. Think about it - what per cent of the population has OCD? They ALL have parents, right? No one, and I mean NO ONE, gets it as right as you. Do you have an agent?

*blush* Wow, ! I don't have a CLUE as to why you said such nice things about me, but I know THIS: It MADE my day!!! Thank You!!!! :))))

No, I don't have an agent (LOL) --- but are you available if I decide to write my bestseller? ;)

I swear, having 3 boys has given me enough material to write a CARTOON 356 days a year, for the next 400 years !!! ie could keep me employed for ANOTHER 500 years - at least.

I was totally UNprepared for boys, too. I have *sisters* and we had one little brother many years younger than us. We did a really bad thing to him. We had him convinced that the world was ruled by WOMEN and he believed it.

We kept the myth going for as long as we could, but it didn't take long for him to realize that it's still a man's world and he had been duped.... Big Time. :)

I suppose Mother Nature decided to get even with me and sentenced me to a life in Testosterone Hell....

I've been wearing PINK ever since. It helps me remember what it's like to be a GIRL.

Thanks again. ((((hugs)))))

Joni

"A Woman's Rule of Thumb: If it has tires or testicles, you're going to have trouble with it. "

---Women's restroom, Dick's Last Resort, Dallas, Texas

Guest guest

hi ,

I thank you for the information re: the Inside Edition show with Dr. Chansky. Do you know when it will be aired. I'm so glad this segment will feature young children as I have heard so many people tell me my sonis to young to have OCD. I live in MA. I would love to watch it. Thank you so much for the information.

O

Guest guest

I am so looking forward to the show tonight. What time is Inside Edition on

and what channel?

Thanks,

in PA

To

Hi , I am just one of the parents on the list and

unfortunately I missed the Discovery channnel

documentary the other evening, but from what you

describe the sensationalism would be enough to scare

anyone! I am hoping the Inside Edition show that we

did with Dr. Chansky will not be like that! We tried

VERY HARD to avoid just this sort of thing! I do not

know how long our segment is, or what has been cut

out, but we did make it quite clear to the producer

that certain behaviors portrayed inapropriatley were

completely unacceptable as their portrayal would not

be a vehicle for raising awareness about OCD and

current treatments. If you are able, please watch the

show and let us know what you think. With the

exception of us parents and Dr. Chansky, all of the

children interviewed are fairly young - my son was 7

at the time. Blessings,

Guest guest

Hi , You really need to ckeck your local listings - it is on at

different times in different parts of the country. in

Southeastern PA

> ,

>

> I am so looking forward to the show tonight. What time is Inside

Edition on

> and what channel?

> Thanks,

>

> in PA

>

> To

>

>

> Hi , I am just one of the parents on the list and

> unfortunately I missed the Discovery channnel

> documentary the other evening, but from what you

> describe the sensationalism would be enough to scare

> anyone! I am hoping the Inside Edition show that we

> did with Dr. Chansky will not be like that! We tried

> VERY HARD to avoid just this sort of thing! I do not

> know how long our segment is, or what has been cut

> out, but we did make it quite clear to the producer

> that certain behaviors portrayed inapropriatley were

> completely unacceptable as their portrayal would not

> be a vehicle for raising awareness about OCD and

> current treatments. If you are able, please watch the

> show and let us know what you think. With the

> exception of us parents and Dr. Chansky, all of the

> children interviewed are fairly young - my son was 7

> at the time. Blessings,

>

> __________________________________________________

>

Guest guest

Thanks, I may look into something like that after getting Grant through a

couple of GOOD years of school. He has had so many bad ones.

To

> Hi , I am not a professional, but I do share

> your view on career's/child's mental health. I am in

> the process of trying to find some sort of employment

> that will allow me to be here for my children, yet be

> more financially independent....My favorite

> pediatrician also shares a view similar to your and

> she has solved this problem by working in a solo

> practice, not being available between the hours of

> 3:00PM and 7:00PM except for emergencies. She has

> " Walk In Hours " both in the morning and five evenings

> a week. She has continued to do this even as her

> children have grown into teenagers. We were

> devastated 8 months ago when we had to switch

> pediatricians because of insurance reasons....Best of

> luck, in Southeastern PA

>

> __________________________________________________

>

Guest guest

Dear ,

My feeling about clothing on preschoolers is let them wear what they want if you can put up with the social pressure on YOU. But if you want to work on the sensory issues then the best course is to very gradually increase the amount of time he will wear certain things, and reward him liberally for doing it! Of course he would have to be willing to work on it, and you have to decide if this is one of the most important issues you want to tackle. Something like socks (which is a very common issue) is probably worth working on. You can shop around for seamless ones, or just work very slowly and consistently on increasing the amount of time he will wear them (one minute, then two minutes, etc.)

I let Annie wear what she wanted all through preschool - especially that awful year when she was four and overwhelmed by OCD. She didn't wear long sleeves or a coat or socks all year, but she wasn't the only kid in the preschool dressed strangely - it kind of goes with the age. Gradually she outgrew most of her clothing issues and medication took care of the rest. Also, peer pressure kicked in eventually, but the pressure is much greater on girls than on boys I think. Good luck with preschool - and don't worry too much. He will be fine!!!!

Guest guest

Gail,

Thanks for checking on me. Avery had an imaginary friend when she was

4, Maydeen, who had faded away, then reappeared at first playfully, then

full force. Along with Maydeen came an ever increasing cast of others -

Marshmallow, , etc. I began to get alarmed when Avery had to feed

them, dress them, brush their teeth, etc. before she'd leave for

school. I'd hear her talking to them and reading to them when she was

alone in her room. She even introduced them to her pdoc. She's still

in the " acceptable " age for imaginary friends at 8, but it was obvious

that they were a coping mechanism for anxiety. It's true that's she's

having a rough time with several of the neighborhood girls right now,

but that changes daily. She does have some friends at school and in her

Brownie troop. Her teacher is very good about keeping an eye out for

teasing and loners on the playground. I've begun reading the first

" Harry Potter " book to her and even got her dad involved. I think that

will help a great deal. That's really special one-on-one snuggle time.

and Avery have always had a strained relationship, he just never

really " got " her, she was just so bouncy and chatty, she made him

nervous. It sounds stupid, but I don't think he ever really bonded with

her as a newborn because she was a projectile vomiter. First they put

her in NICU for 4 days, and one doctor told us she had tested positive

for beta strep and was very ill, another doctor came on duty and said it

was a false positive and she was fine, take her home. She continued

vomiting for 10 months. I think he was frightened and grossed out by a

baby that puked all over him every time he held her!

I am coping a little better now that Ian's rages are diminishing

somewhat. I can take Avery's tears much easier than Ian's fists! When

Ian does rage now, he seems to be directing it more towards me or Chris

instead of Avery, so maybe some of our consequences or lectures are

reaching him.

How are things coming with and school? Have you had any luck

getting any modifications for her upcoming exams?

Hugs,

Guest guest

When we had to hospitalize our son it was on a

presidents day weekend. He went in on a Friday, had a

three day, bare bones staff, and then on Tuesday the

regular staff was back. Not that he was not in group

sessions or we were not going for parenting classes.

It was that the attending doc was not around to give

him the care that was needed. We really wanted him

home. The hospital was a difficult time for us all. In

retrospect, he didn't stay long enough, because our

insurance only lasted for 9 days. When he was

discharged, they made up a ridiculous 'plan'. I had

to try to find the services that we needed as

specified in the plan. Guess what, there were no such

services available in our area!! I would spend at

least 3 hours on the phone each day trying to get in

touch with the right agency. I kept getting the run

around! I know how frustrating this situation you are

in can be! You are on the right track to getting Mike

what he needs. I hope they can help you. Is there any

way his discharge can be delayed? Have you contacted

any of the local MH groups in the area? Maybe sopmeone

there can hlep advocate. Keep us posted. Glad to hear

you are getting some support from your Mom and Sister.

HUGS,

Vivian

Guest guest

Cathrine,

Welcome to the group. Hope you learn and you can

share your experiences in this group. This is a cool

group, and we discuss everything from school or hair

cuts.

=====

Guest guest

Dear , Thanks for the welcome back. I live in Southern California and I'm not sure what the difference would be for Northern California, but, my benefits have been great. I had a teacher come in once a week until age 3 and then the kids ride a bus to school. I know parents who's kids had OT twice a week and some who had speech therapy. I haven't been able to get speech therapy for my 4 year old even yet! I can, however, when he's five. I don't really know why. My three Down syndrome kids get SSI (just a little), which is based on your family wages and family size. Along with that, they automatically get MediCal (which is medical and dental coverage for the State of California.) I have primary insurance, so I only use MediCal to cover all my copays for Doctor office visits and also for prescription copays. I also get paid IHSS (which stands for In Home Supportive Services). This is because I could not go to work because I am needed at home to care for the special needs of my children, therefore, I am paid to care for their special needs. (example: breathing treatments for , and also Occupational therapy-brushing him every two to three hours, plus range of motion for his arthritis, other exercises-spinning-squeezing-for his sensory delays, also potty training for , also, shaving Ben, bathing, cooking for him, etc.) It's about an hour of pay a day for each child. Another excellent benefit of California is RESPITE! The average child gets at least 24 hours a month. I get 72 hours a month of respite. (per child-because of my special circumstances.) I look forward to about three nights a month of solid sleep---away from home. (we never get to sleep all night because or keeps us up.) Northern California gets a lot more rain than Southern California, but boy is it absolutely beautiful up there!! There are lots more benefits and I just can't think of them at the moment as I'm really tired. Feel free to ask any questions and I'll try to get you answers if I can. Either way, your regional center counselor should be able to give you tons of information once you're here. Joyce-mother of seven: three are DS, Ben-18, -8, and -4 RE: I'm back! Hello everyone, I used to be on this site and my email changed and somehow, with my busy schedule, I never got back on. (until now) Anyhow, for those who don't know me, I'm Joyce and my husband is Mike and we are parents of seven kids. Three of our children are Down Syndrome, and there is NEVER a dull moment around here. Yes, I am the biological mother of all three. Ben is 18 years old, is 8 years old, and is 4 years old. Three of my kids are married and they are great about coming around and helping with their brother's and sister. (if they're in the state) I live in California and in a great quiet area for raising these kids. has been the most work, as he also has asthma, juvenile rheumatoid arthritis, and hearing problems. (he wears hearing aids.) He is not speaking yet, so when he finally says "ma-ma, or dada" I plan to have a party. I am questioning the possibility of him also having autism. He has not been tested for it. I look forward to getting to know you all! Sincerely, Joyce Fledderjohann-mother of seven-three are Down Syndrome.http://DSyndrome.com/Multiples

Guest guest

Hi Joyce, Thanks for all of the info. It makes me feel more comfortable about possibly moving. We actually would only be about 1 hour north of Sacramento. I'm sure I will have more questions. I know in Nevada we do not qualify for SSDI or state Medicaid program. We just made it to the top of the list for respite, 30 hours a month. Talk to you soon. RE: I'm back! Hello everyone, I used to be on this site and my email changed and somehow, with my busy schedule, I never got back on. (until now) Anyhow, for those who don't know me, I'm Joyce and my husband is Mike and we are parents of seven kids. Three of our children are Down Syndrome, and there is NEVER a dull moment around here. Yes, I am the biological mother of all three. Ben is 18 years old, is 8 years old, and is 4 years old. Three of my kids are married and they are great about coming around and helping with their brother's and sister. (if they're in the state) I live in California and in a great quiet area for raising these kids. has been the most work, as he also has asthma, juvenile rheumatoid arthritis, and hearing problems. (he wears hearing aids.) He is not speaking yet, so when he finally says "ma-ma, or dada" I plan to have a party. I am questioning the possibility of him also having autism. He has not been tested for it. I look forward to getting to know you all! Sincerely, Joyce Fledderjohann-mother of seven-three are Down Syndrome.http://DSyndrome.com/Multiples

Guest guest

Just to let you know , The regional center here is also fantastic about giving extra hours of respite during summer vacation and spring vacation and even during Christmas break. (they give me 132 hours during this time.) I have a neighbor who has one child that is Down Syndrome and she gets 72 hours a month. I know of two other people around here that also get 72 hours a month and they only have one child. I'd imagine you probably get 32 hours starting, maybe even more, since you have twins. You definately have your hands full. Take care! Joyce RE: I'm back! Hello everyone, I used to be on this site and my email changed and somehow, with my busy schedule, I never got back on. (until now) Anyhow, for those who don't know me, I'm Joyce and my husband is Mike and we are parents of seven kids. Three of our children are Down Syndrome, and there is NEVER a dull moment around here. Yes, I am the biological mother of all three. Ben is 18 years old, is 8 years old, and is 4 years old. Three of my kids are married and they are great about coming around and helping with their brother's and sister. (if they're in the state) I live in California and in a great quiet area for raising these kids. has been the most work, as he also has asthma, juvenile rheumatoid arthritis, and hearing problems. (he wears hearing aids.) He is not speaking yet, so when he finally says "ma-ma, or dada" I plan to have a party. I am questioning the possibility of him also having autism. He has not been tested for it. I look forward to getting to know you all! Sincerely, Joyce Fledderjohann-mother of seven-three are Down Syndrome.http://DSyndrome.com/Multiples

Guest guest

One more thing , Maybe you didn't qualify for SSI in Nevada, but California's cost of living is higher, and you maybe qualify here. A benefit of California, is that California throws in another certain amount of money on top of the Federal amount. (for me it's around $90.00 more). Just thought you'd like to know. Joyce RE: I'm back! Hello everyone, I used to be on this site and my email changed and somehow, with my busy schedule, I never got back on. (until now) Anyhow, for those who don't know me, I'm Joyce and my husband is Mike and we are parents of seven kids. Three of our children are Down Syndrome, and there is NEVER a dull moment around here. Yes, I am the biological mother of all three. Ben is 18 years old, is 8 years old, and is 4 years old. Three of my kids are married and they are great about coming around and helping with their brother's and sister. (if they're in the state) I live in California and in a great quiet area for raising these kids. has been the most work, as he also has asthma, juvenile rheumatoid arthritis, and hearing problems. (he wears hearing aids.) He is not speaking yet, so when he finally says "ma-ma, or dada" I plan to have a party. I am questioning the possibility of him also having autism. He has not been tested for it. I look forward to getting to know you all! Sincerely, Joyce Fledderjohann-mother of seven-three are Down Syndrome.http://DSyndrome.com/Multiples

Guest guest

Good news. RE: I'm back! Hello everyone, I used to be on this site and my email changed and somehow, with my busy schedule, I never got back on. (until now) Anyhow, for those who don't know me, I'm Joyce and my husband is Mike and we are parents of seven kids. Three of our children are Down Syndrome, and there is NEVER a dull moment around here. Yes, I am the biological mother of all three. Ben is 18 years old, is 8 years old, and is 4 years old. Three of my kids are married and they are great about coming around and helping with their brother's and sister. (if they're in the state) I live in California and in a great quiet area for raising these kids. has been the most work, as he also has asthma, juvenile rheumatoid arthritis, and hearing problems. (he wears hearing aids.) He is not speaking yet, so when he finally says "ma-ma, or dada" I plan to have a party. I am questioning the possibility of him also having autism. He has not been tested for it. I look forward to getting to know you all! Sincerely, Joyce Fledderjohann-mother of seven-three are Down Syndrome.http://DSyndrome.com/Multiples

Guest guest

Things are always crazy at our house, as I am sure it must be at any house with twins! Our respite is very welcome. We are still getting used to our respite worker, since it is a new service for us. My older girls are also a HUGE help. RE: I'm back! Hello everyone, I used to be on this site and my email changed and somehow, with my busy schedule, I never got back on. (until now) Anyhow, for those who don't know me, I'm Joyce and my husband is Mike and we are parents of seven kids. Three of our children are Down Syndrome, and there is NEVER a dull moment around here. Yes, I am the biological mother of all three. Ben is 18 years old, is 8 years old, and is 4 years old. Three of my kids are married and they are great about coming around and helping with their brother's and sister. (if they're in the state) I live in California and in a great quiet area for raising these kids. has been the most work, as he also has asthma, juvenile rheumatoid arthritis, and hearing problems. (he wears hearing aids.) He is not speaking yet, so when he finally says "ma-ma, or dada" I plan to have a party. I am questioning the possibility of him also having autism. He has not been tested for it. I look forward to getting to know you all! Sincerely, Joyce Fledderjohann-mother of seven-three are Down Syndrome.http://DSyndrome.com/Multiples

Guest guest

Dear , In response to your question about your little one that grinds her teeth at night and makes those sounds, I just want to say that I can relate. My four year old used to grind his teeth not just before bed, but at other times of the day, and he too would make throaty sounds and growls and such. I ended up taking him to the pediatrician and the pediatrician said there's nothing that I could do and that it's something that Down Syndrome kids do. He told me that when he's older we may have to give him a mouth guard so that he doesn't grind his teeth down. I continued to watch him and study his behaviors and eventually, I was convinced that his teeth were bothering him and even hurting him. I took him to a dentist and sure enough, he needed major teeth work. He was sent to a dental surgery place for high risk kids and put to sleep. When he came out, he had a head full of silver crowns and fillings. (his teeth were bad from all the medications that he had been on) Anyways, to make a long story short, he "never" ground his teeth again. However, he does makes sounds when he eats (sounds like he's humming and really enjoying his food.) And to this day, he runs around and yells and shouts alot and when he gets excited he makes deep throaty growling sounds. It sometimes gets on my nerves, but then I go back to the occupational therapy that helps calm him down, which is brushing him with a dry brush, and deep pressure massaging on his mouth, cheeks, and chin area. Plus, he has a "red theratube" which he loves and it helps calm him and give him direction as he has sensory delays. My eight year old daughter, , also makes a lot of sounds and growls and she never used to do this and it's driving me crazy. When I ask her to please stop making those sounds, she always says, "okay, sorry mommy." Within minutes, she'll forget and do it again and I will continually repeat for her to stop making these sounds. It's almost as if she just can't help it. We think it has something to do with all the ear infections in her one ear because when she is at her worse behavior, she has another ear infection. It has got to get better. My eighteen year old, Ben is also Down Syndrome and I don't ever remember him making these sounds or grinding his teeth. By the way, I didn't know this, but my husband tells me that I grind my teeth at night. Oops! Take care, it will get better I'm sure. Joyce Fledderjohann mother of seven-three are DS-Ben-18, -8, and 4 1/2 oh my you must be busy I was'nt going to write anything tonight but Ijust get that comment so often.One time I told a womanhow many kids I had and she said"Im sorry".I've nevermet anyone who didn't comment on how busy I must beand most of the time they add "don'nt you know whatcauses those things"It never occurs to people that Ijust might be really happy.I think people usually havethe wrong idea about my age.People always think thatI'm like 17,which is the worst when I'm trying to dealwith a dr.,teacher,therapist,ect..for my daughters.Itconfuses people.Twice,I've been asked "what relationare you to this child?"I don't think it's within theircomprehention that a young woman could have fourkids,let alone two with DS.Besides I'm 29,and I reallydon't feel that young.oops sorry I'm rambling. As longas I'm already writing.I do have a question.My fouryear old grinds her teeth alot especially at night andbefore she can fall asleep ever she she makes thesecrazy monster sounding growls and yalls for like 20minutes.Does anybody elses kids do this kind of stuff? thanks, Schultz =====mommy to Gwen 4 w/DS,killian 3,Ava 2,Rozzy 1 w/DS.__________________________________________________

Guest guest

Fifteen minute psych. appointments?? Wow!! I thought half an hour was short!

How can you even begin to cover everything in 15 minutes?? If we had only 15

minutes, I wouldn't hesitate for half a second to call with questions.

Guest guest

> ,

> Good luck tomorrow and our thoughts and prayers are with

you!!!! Please

> let us know when you can how things went!!!!! Giant

> {{{{{{{{{{{{{{{hugs}}}}}}}}}}}}}}} and know that we're with you in

spirit!!!!!

> Donna

>

>

>

Guest guest

-

Just wanted to second what Donna said, we are with you !!! many

prayers, Dawn

-- In @y..., " dpligon37129 " <DPLigon@m...> wrote:

>

> > ,

> > Good luck tomorrow and our thoughts and prayers are with

> you!!!! Please

> > let us know when you can how things went!!!!! Giant

> > {{{{{{{{{{{{{{{hugs}}}}}}}}}}}}}}} and know that we're with you

in

> spirit!!!!!

> > Donna

> >

> >

> >

Guest guest

Add me to the list of those praying for you and sending good thoughts

and hugs your way. I'm hoping to hear some good news from you soon. Bev

Guest guest

Thank you , I am going to let her know about all of the wonderful help I

have received for her.

I too can't take certin drugs because I have had Stills JRA since age three and

my lungs are also infected by it.

She has had a heart attache way befor she even got RA. I think she got it only

about three years ago. She was on Preds and celebrex and she told me back then

that she had to stop the Celebrex herself. Now she is on all of these and she

thinks this doctor knows all. I have to have a serious talk with her. LOL

Thanks you are so helpful,

ette

.Thiele@... wrote:

Hello ette,

I just got out of the hospital, " Still's was in town, but I kicked him out,

temporarily, of course. " My hearts and lungs were susceptible, so my doctor

could not give me methotrexate or remicade. He has set me up in getting

about a third of a normal dose of Cytoxin every three weeks. Maybe this

would be an alternative for your mother-in-law.

Sincerest of regards,

Thiele

P.S. I am a new member, having just found your wonderful website. My

Still's had been in remission for twenty years, up until this past weekend.

I am very interested to see if it is truly the disease that my rheumy, Dr.

Fabricant, from Fullerton, CA, told me about it when I was severely

sick with super-high fevers from 1985 to 1990. During that time, my large

intestine was disconnected for over a year. Most internal organs are always

adversely affected by these bouts with SD. I have just started reading all

of your e-mails. Many of you write about the extreme fatigue. I only get

the extreme soreness while in SD's grasp. However, I am beginning to

realize that my case history is not the norm. There exists many of you who

go through sooo much more than I have. God bless you all and I feel very

privileged in stating that I now belong to your group!

Thiele

24015 Way

Yorba , CA 92887

paul.thiele@...

" "

<greywolf70@fronti

<Stillsdisease >

ernet.net> cc:

Subject: Re:

Help!

08/10/02 03:48 PM

Please respond to

Stillsdisease

ette,

I understand you can't get her to the ER, however, I just pulled up a

couple of things she may need to see. I have included the websites where I

got this info. Every drug has potential serious side effects, and not

everyone will experience them; however, it sounds as though she needs to

realize that what she is experiencing are serious side effects & need to be

addressed.

Good luck,

Chris

greywolf70@...

Taken from www.remicade.com

" Many people with heart failure should not take REMICADE; so, prior to

treatment you should discuss any heart condition with your doctor. Tell

your doctor right away if you develop new or worsening symptoms of heart

failure (such as shortness of breath or swelling of your feet).

There are reports of serious infections, including tuberculosis (TB) and

sepsis. Some of these infections have been fatal. Tell your doctor if you

have had recent or past exposure to people with TB. Your doctor will

evaluate you for TB and perform a skin test. If you have latent (inactive)

TB your doctor should begin TB treatment before you start REMICADE. If you

are prone to or have a history of infections, currently have one, or

develop one while taking REMICADE, tell your doctor right away. Also tell

your doctor if you have lived in a region where histoplasmosis is common or

if you have or have had a disease that affects the nervous system, or if

you experience any numbness, tingling, or visual disturbances.

There are also reports of serious infusion reactions with hives, difficulty

breathing, and low blood pressure. In clinical studies, some people

experienced the following common side effects: upper respiratory

infections, headache, nausea, cough, sinusitis or mild reactions to the

infusion such as rash or itchy skin. "

********************************************************************************\

Taken from www.medicinenet.com

" Side effects such as low or high blood pressure, chest pain, difficulty

breathing, rash, itching, fever and chills may occur during or shortly

after administration. These reactions could indicate an allergy to the

drug. They are more common among patients who develop antibodies to

infliximab and are less likely to occur in patients who are taking drugs

that suppress the immune system, such as methotrexate. Infliximab should be

discontinued if serious reactions occur. "

Guest guest

I don't have any advice but just wanted to throw in that at one year of age

had NO secretory IgA and they told us there was no way she'd ever have

it since it was absent. Well, maybe they messed up the test or maybe it was a

miracle I don't know, but she has IgA now! We aren't even sure if she's even

deficient now because the secretory IgA result was " less than 6 " and the

normal levels are " 3 - ** (I forget the top number). So if she's between 3

and 6 she's fine, but less than 3??? Yeah, I know. But there was a ring

present so they know SOMEthing is there.

Because of her multiple antibody problems and t-cell problems they told us

she'd have all of this for life. But her IgG is now in the low 500s and her

t-cells are fine! They were SO sure of all that stuff they told us, you know?

And this doc is pretty well respected for knowing about immune disorders.

(mom to Kate, born 9/19/02; and , age 3-1/2 -- currently has

polysaccharide antibody def, previously had transient IgG, IgA, t-cell &

other defs)

Guest guest

That's awesome that your bodyfat is going down!!!!

Yea for you!!

I had my bodyfat tested at my old gym a few months back.

They said it was 16%. I have the same measurements now as then.

I put my measurements into biofitness & it came out at 16%.

Since my measurements are still the same I don't know if I've lost any

bodyfat.

I have calipers (I even have the good kind) but I need to figure out how to

use them.

That's on my todo list. Along with taking more photo's.

And I don't even know if my bodyfat is accurate.

Didn't post that hers is 17%?

If that is true there is NO WAY I can be 16%.

If I'm really honest, sometimes when I look in the mirror I can concede

that maybe I might look a little better.

But that passes QUICKLY! LOL!

And ya know, like you I did some weird things with food & maybe I

did screw my metabolism up- but I think it must have got back to normal

while I was preggo- I ate GOOD & alot & then I nursed for a year after the

birth.

I did BFL & restricted my eating for 6 weeks & lost the weight but after

that I ate good again.

I enjoyed myself & skated by on the nursing for the next 9 months.

So that's 2 years of eating like a normal person. Not junk, just eating.

I don't know what's wrong with me.

Thanks for sharing. I can't wait to see your 8 wk pics!

I'll post mine if I ever take them.:)

Good luck to you!

Amethyst

To Amethyst and Corinna (sorry so

long)

> I read your posts about not seeing the dramatic changes you had hoped

> for. I am there with you. I am finishing up week 8 and have gained

> an inch in my thighs and only lost 1/2 inch in my waist and hips and

> another inch in my chest. My clothes do not seem to fit better. The

> scale shows a 2.5 pound loss but I keep losing and gaining back the

> same 2.5 pounds. I have worked out for years. Even ran a half

> marathon last year and another half marathon and the full Chicago

> marathon the year before that. I have never lifted weights though

> and I did used to starve myself even though I ran a lot. I am

> blaming that for not seeing fantastic results. I think maybe in

> Challenge 2 my body will realize I will not starve it again and quit

> hanging onto to every ounce of the 6 meals I eat a day! So I am

> discouraged too. But when I look at my body fat I see there has been

> improvement. I started at 127 pounds, 23% body fat, I'm 5'2 " . Now

> after 8 weeks, I am 124.5 pounds (every .5 counts for me!) and down

> to 19.7% body fat. So even though the changes aren't obvious to me

> something is going on. Have you guys had your BF tested? Just

> wondering. I'll post my 8 week photos after I take them this

> weekend. Hopefully I'll see something there that I've missed in the

> mirror. Anyway, not everyone will look like the people in the book

> after just 12 weeks. Maybe they did everything PERFECTLY (I have not

> eaten perfectly but have not missed a workout). Good luck to both of

> you!

>

>

>

Guest guest

If you are 16% that is very cool. When I got mine tested when I

first started BFL the man told me I was 16.5. I didn't believe it

but was excited anyway and even posted that here! Guess what? I had

looked up the skinfold number on the man's chart instead of the

women's so I was really 23% not 16.5. Bummer. Well, thanks for

writing back - talk to you later.

> ,

> That's awesome that your bodyfat is going down!!!!

> Yea for you!!

> I had my bodyfat tested at my old gym a few months back.

> They said it was 16%. I have the same measurements now as then.

> I put my measurements into biofitness & it came out at 16%.

> Since my measurements are still the same I don't know if I've lost

any

> bodyfat.

> I have calipers (I even have the good kind) but I need to figure

out how to

> use them.

> That's on my todo list. Along with taking more photo's.

> And I don't even know if my bodyfat is accurate.

> Didn't post that hers is 17%?

> If that is true there is NO WAY I can be 16%.

> If I'm really honest, sometimes when I look in the mirror I can

concede

> that maybe I might look a little better.

> But that passes QUICKLY! LOL!

> And ya know, like you I did some weird things with food & maybe I

> did screw my metabolism up- but I think it must have got back to

normal

> while I was preggo- I ate GOOD & alot & then I nursed for a year

after the

> birth.

> I did BFL & restricted my eating for 6 weeks & lost the weight but

after

> that I ate good again.

> I enjoyed myself & skated by on the nursing for the next 9 months.

> So that's 2 years of eating like a normal person. Not junk, just

eating.

> I don't know what's wrong with me.

> Thanks for sharing. I can't wait to see your 8 wk pics!

> I'll post mine if I ever take them.:)

> Good luck to you!

> Amethyst

>

>

>

> To Amethyst and Corinna

(sorry so

> long)

>

>

> > I read your posts about not seeing the dramatic changes you had

hoped

> > for. I am there with you. I am finishing up week 8 and have

gained

> > an inch in my thighs and only lost 1/2 inch in my waist and hips

and

> > another inch in my chest. My clothes do not seem to fit better.

The

> > scale shows a 2.5 pound loss but I keep losing and gaining back

the

> > same 2.5 pounds. I have worked out for years. Even ran a half

> > marathon last year and another half marathon and the full Chicago

> > marathon the year before that. I have never lifted weights though

> > and I did used to starve myself even though I ran a lot. I am

> > blaming that for not seeing fantastic results. I think maybe in

> > Challenge 2 my body will realize I will not starve it again and

quit

> > hanging onto to every ounce of the 6 meals I eat a day! So I am

> > discouraged too. But when I look at my body fat I see there has

been

> > improvement. I started at 127 pounds, 23% body fat, I'm 5'2 " .

Now

> > after 8 weeks, I am 124.5 pounds (every .5 counts for me!) and

down

> > to 19.7% body fat. So even though the changes aren't obvious to

me

> > something is going on. Have you guys had your BF tested? Just

> > wondering. I'll post my 8 week photos after I take them this

> > weekend. Hopefully I'll see something there that I've missed in

the

> > mirror. Anyway, not everyone will look like the people in the

book

> > after just 12 weeks. Maybe they did everything PERFECTLY (I have