RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

New here

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I believe the ARR is a calculation of aldo level divided by renin level. If so,

yours is about 25. My doc would say that is " suggestive " of PA; mine was 28.5

which was also " suggestive " . He looks for ARR > 30 for diagnosis of PA.

>

> Sorry, I guess for some reason I thought my ARR was 1.86 but it was my Renin

that was 1.86. Normal for the lab I had it done at is 1.31-3.95

> It didn't say what the ARR was. I am not sure why my doctor was talking about

my ARR not being low enough for me to have Hyperaldosteronism unless he meant my

RENIN was not low enough. I am off of the ACE Inhibitor now and will be

rechecked next weds. I have also cut way back on my caffeine because I read

somewhere that it can also affect RENIN levels.

> Thanks for your reply . I am glad I went back to look at that.

> BTW My Serum Aldo was High at 45.9 and my 24 hour urine aldo was High at 28

>

>

>

> ________________________________

> From: Valarie <val@...>

> hyperaldosteronism

> Sent: Thu, February 25, 2010 1:15:52 PM

> Subject: RE: new here

>

>

> If your aldo/renin ratio is 1.86, you probably don’t have PA

> unless you are using a different definition than we are familiar with. ARR >

20 or 30 is usually suspect for PA.

>

> Val

>

>

> From:hyperaldosteronism

> [mailto:hyperaldost eronism@gro ups.com] On Behalf Of Vicki Ritchie

>

> Thanks

> for the response Val. My Aldo/renin ratio was 1.86

> I am

> pretty new to all this so I am kinda learning as I

> go. I will be rechecked for Aldo renin on March 3rd and if I am diagnosed with

hyperaldo, I will have a 4 hour salt test on march 9th. My

> doc is at the Cleveland Clinic.

>

Guest guest

Thank you for that information! Sent from my iPodOn Feb 25, 2010, at 6:46 PM, "smkushka" <smkushka@...> wrote:

I believe the ARR is a calculation of aldo level divided by renin level. If so, yours is about 25. My doc would say that is "suggestive" of PA; mine was 28.5 which was also "suggestive". He looks for ARR > 30 for diagnosis of PA.

>

> Sorry, I guess for some reason I thought my ARR was 1.86 but it was my Renin that was 1.86. Normal for the lab I had it done at is 1.31-3.95

> It didn't say what the ARR was. I am not sure why my doctor was talking about my ARR not being low enough for me to have Hyperaldosteronism unless he meant my RENIN was not low enough. I am off of the ACE Inhibitor now and will be rechecked next weds. I have also cut way back on my caffeine because I read somewhere that it can also affect RENIN levels.

>

>

>

> hyperaldosteronism

>

>

> unless you are using a different definition than we are familiar with. ARR > 20 or 30 is usually suspect for PA.

>

> Val

>

>

>

> Thanks

> I am

> go. I will be rechecked for Aldo renin on March 3rd and if I am diagnosed with hyperaldo, I will have a 4 hour salt test on march 9th. My

>

Guest guest

And I say it is group hyperaldosteronism but not yet classical. Tiped sad Send form miiPhone ;-)May your pressure be low!CE Grim MDSpecializing in DifficultHypertensionOn Feb 25, 2010, at 7:31 PM, Vicki Ritchie <vritchie147@...> wrote:

Thank you for that information! Sent from my iPodOn Feb 25, 2010, at 6:46 PM, "smkushka" <smkushka > wrote:

I believe the ARR is a calculation of aldo level divided by renin level. If so, yours is about 25. My doc would say that is "suggestive" of PA; mine was 28.5 which was also "suggestive". He looks for ARR > 30 for diagnosis of PA.

>

> Sorry, I guess for some reason I thought my ARR was 1.86 but it was my Renin that was 1.86. Normal for the lab I had it done at is 1.31-3.95

> It didn't say what the ARR was. I am not sure why my doctor was talking about my ARR not being low enough for me to have Hyperaldosteronism unless he meant my RENIN was not low enough. I am off of the ACE Inhibitor now and will be rechecked next weds. I have also cut way back on my caffeine because I read somewhere that it can also affect RENIN levels.

>

>

>

> hyperaldosteronism

>

>

> unless you are using a different definition than we are familiar with. ARR > 20 or 30 is usually suspect for PA.

>

> Val

>

>

>

> Thanks

> I am

> go. I will be rechecked for Aldo renin on March 3rd and if I am diagnosed with hyperaldo, I will have a 4 hour salt test on march 9th. My

>

Guest guest

I am curious to know how much the ace inhibitor effected this result. Sent from my iPodOn Feb 26, 2010, at 12:06 AM, Clarence Grim <lowerbp2@...> wrote:

And I say it is group hyperaldosteronism but not yet classical. Tiped sad Send form miiPhone ;-)May your pressure be low!CE Grim MDSpecializing in DifficultHypertensionOn Feb 25, 2010, at 7:31 PM, Vicki Ritchie <vritchie147 > wrote:

Thank you for that information! Sent from my iPodOn Feb 25, 2010, at 6:46 PM, "smkushka" <smkushka > wrote:

>

>

>

>

> hyperaldosteronism

>

>

>

> Val

>

>

>

> Thanks

> I am

>

Guest guest

Hi Dr Grim, my doc told me to stop anti-hypertensives for four weeks, redraw

aldo/renin to check ratio w/o meds. My BP used to run low before all this

started; 90/60. Last check on meds was at docs office; on captopril 25 mg BID,

BP was 102/70, I was very happy. After a few days off meds, was 106/84 at home.

Today is 120/90. I am checking it with a manually inflating cuff and I listen

with a stethoscope. I know he will not put me back on meds unless it is much

higher; he said maybe an alpha blocker if it gets high.

I am going to juggle the need to purchase COBRA after just quitting my last job

and time when new insur starts with new job, so wondering about timing of blood

draw. If I wait three weeks and five days after stopping captopril, is that

long enough? Or should I truly wait entire four weeks or more? Thanks!

> >> >

> >> > Sorry, I guess for some reason I thought my ARR was 1.86 but it

> >> was my Renin that was 1.86. Normal for the lab I had it done at is

> >> 1.31-3.95

> >> > It didn't say what the ARR was. I am not sure why my doctor was

> >> talking about my ARR not being low enough for me to have

> >> Hyperaldosteronism unless he meant my RENIN was not low enough. I

> >> am off of the ACE Inhibitor now and will be rechecked next weds. I

> >> have also cut way back on my caffeine because I read somewhere that

> >> it can also affect RENIN levels.

> >> > Thanks for your reply . I am glad I went back to look at

> >> that.

> >> > BTW My Serum Aldo was High at 45.9 and my 24 hour urine aldo was

> >> High at 28

> >> >

> >> >

> >> >

> >> > ________________________________

> >> > From: Valarie <val@>

> >> > hyperaldosteronism

> >> > Sent: Thu, February 25, 2010 1:15:52 PM

> >> > Subject: RE: new here

> >> >

> >> >

> >> > If your aldo/renin ratio is 1.86, you probably don’t have PA

> >> > unless you are using a different definition than we are familiar

> >> with. ARR > 20 or 30 is usually suspect for PA.

> >> >

> >> > Val

> >> >

> >> >

> >> > From:hyperaldosteronism

> >> > [mailto:hyperaldost eronism@gro ups.com] On Behalf Of Vicki

> >> Ritchie

> >> >

> >> > Thanks

> >> > for the response Val. My Aldo/renin ratio was 1.86

> >> > I am

> >> > pretty new to all this so I am kinda learning as I

> >> > go. I will be rechecked for Aldo renin on March 3rd and if I am

> >> diagnosed with hyperaldo, I will have a 4 hour salt test on march

> >> 9th. My

> >> > doc is at the Cleveland Clinic.

> >> >

> >>

> >

> >

>

Guest guest

Hi Dr Grim, my doc told me to stop anti-hypertensives for four weeks, redraw

aldo/renin to check ratio w/o meds. My BP used to run low before all this

started; 90/60. Last check on meds was at docs office; on captopril 25 mg BID,

BP was 102/70, I was very happy. After a few days off meds, was 106/84 at home.

Today is 120/90. I am checking it with a manually inflating cuff and I listen

with a stethoscope. I know he will not put me back on meds unless it is much

higher; he said maybe an alpha blocker if it gets high.

I am going to juggle the need to purchase COBRA after just quitting my last job

and time when new insur starts with new job, so wondering about timing of blood

draw. If I wait three weeks and five days after stopping captopril, is that

long enough? Or should I truly wait entire four weeks or more? Thanks!

> >> >

> >> > Sorry, I guess for some reason I thought my ARR was 1.86 but it

> >> was my Renin that was 1.86. Normal for the lab I had it done at is

> >> 1.31-3.95

> >> > It didn't say what the ARR was. I am not sure why my doctor was

> >> talking about my ARR not being low enough for me to have

> >> Hyperaldosteronism unless he meant my RENIN was not low enough. I

> >> am off of the ACE Inhibitor now and will be rechecked next weds. I

> >> have also cut way back on my caffeine because I read somewhere that

> >> it can also affect RENIN levels.

> >> > Thanks for your reply . I am glad I went back to look at

> >> that.

> >> > BTW My Serum Aldo was High at 45.9 and my 24 hour urine aldo was

> >> High at 28

> >> >

> >> >

> >> >

> >> > ________________________________

> >> > From: Valarie <val@>

> >> > hyperaldosteronism

> >> > Sent: Thu, February 25, 2010 1:15:52 PM

> >> > Subject: RE: new here

> >> >

> >> >

> >> > If your aldo/renin ratio is 1.86, you probably don’t have PA

> >> > unless you are using a different definition than we are familiar

> >> with. ARR > 20 or 30 is usually suspect for PA.

> >> >

> >> > Val

> >> >

> >> >

> >> > From:hyperaldosteronism

> >> > [mailto:hyperaldost eronism@gro ups.com] On Behalf Of Vicki

> >> Ritchie

> >> >

> >> > Thanks

> >> > for the response Val. My Aldo/renin ratio was 1.86

> >> > I am

> >> > pretty new to all this so I am kinda learning as I

> >> > go. I will be rechecked for Aldo renin on March 3rd and if I am

> >> diagnosed with hyperaldo, I will have a 4 hour salt test on march

> >> 9th. My

> >> > doc is at the Cleveland Clinic.

> >> >

> >>

> >

> >

>

Guest guest

You should not be on meds unless your home BP is above 135/85 and DASH has failed. If cost is an issue I would do it as close to 4 weeks as possible. You should also be eating a regular sodium diet at least 2 weeks before. unless instructed otherwise by your team. Be sure they collect a 24 hr urine for Na, K and creatinine and possible aldo at the same time. Esp if ins is going to go.Good on using the stethoscope at it is the best. The anreoid manometer should be checked against a mercury or aneroid of know calibation to be sure it is accurate. Is it new or old?We have a nice video on how to take it with tests of your hearing as you watch the BP gauge and hear Korotkoff sounds. . Contact Carlene at sharedcareresearch@... for details. On Feb 26, 2010, at 8:54 AM, smkushka wrote:Hi Dr Grim, my doc told me to stop anti-hypertensives for four weeks, redraw aldo/renin to check ratio w/o meds. My BP used to run low before all this started; 90/60. Last check on meds was at docs office; on captopril 25 mg BID, BP was 102/70, I was very happy. After a few days off meds, was 106/84 at home. Today is 120/90. I am checking it with a manually inflating cuff and I listen with a stethoscope. I know he will not put me back on meds unless it is much higher; he said maybe an alpha blocker if it gets high.I am going to juggle the need to purchase COBRA after just quitting my last job and time when new insur starts with new job, so wondering about timing of blood draw. If I wait three weeks and five days after stopping captopril, is that long enough? Or should I truly wait entire four weeks or more? Thanks!> >> >> >> > Sorry, I guess for some reason I thought my ARR was 1.86 but it > >> was my Renin that was 1.86. Normal for the lab I had it done at is > >> 1.31-3.95> >> > It didn't say what the ARR was. I am not sure why my doctor was > >> talking about my ARR not being low enough for me to have > >> Hyperaldosteronism unless he meant my RENIN was not low enough. I > >> am off of the ACE Inhibitor now and will be rechecked next weds. I > >> have also cut way back on my caffeine because I read somewhere that > >> it can also affect RENIN levels.> >> > Thanks for your reply . I am glad I went back to look at > >> that.> >> > BTW My Serum Aldo was High at 45.9 and my 24 hour urine aldo was > >> High at 28> >> >> >> >> >> >> >> > ________________________________> >> > From: Valarie <val@>> >> > hyperaldosteronism > >> > Sent: Thu, February 25, 2010 1:15:52 PM> >> > Subject: RE: new here> >> >> >> >> >> > If your aldo/renin ratio is 1.86, you probably don’t have PA> >> > unless you are using a different definition than we are familiar > >> with. ARR > 20 or 30 is usually suspect for PA.> >> >> >> > Val> >> >> >> >> >> > From:hyperaldosteronism> >> > [mailto:hyperaldost eronism@gro ups.com] On Behalf Of Vicki > >> Ritchie> >> >> >> > Thanks> >> > for the response Val. My Aldo/renin ratio was 1.86> >> > I am> >> > pretty new to all this so I am kinda learning as I> >> > go. I will be rechecked for Aldo renin on March 3rd and if I am > >> diagnosed with hyperaldo, I will have a 4 hour salt test on march > >> 9th. My> >> > doc is at the Cleveland Clinic.> >> >> >>> >> >>

Guest guest

REpeat it off the ACE and we will know.Everyone is different so can't generalize to an n of 1.CE Grim MDOn Feb 26, 2010, at 3:31 AM, Vicki Ritchie wrote:I am curious to know how much the ace inhibitor effected this result. Sent from my iPodOn Feb 26, 2010, at 12:06 AM, Clarence Grim <lowerbp2mac> wrote: And I say it is group hyperaldosteronism but not yet classical. Tiped sad Send form miiPhone ;-)May your pressure be low!CE Grim MDSpecializing in DifficultHypertensionOn Feb 25, 2010, at 7:31 PM, Vicki Ritchie <vritchie147 > wrote: Thank you for that information! Sent from my iPodOn Feb 25, 2010, at 6:46 PM, "smkushka" <smkushka > wrote: I believe the ARR is a calculation of aldo level divided by renin level. If so, yours is about 25. My doc would say that is "suggestive" of PA; mine was 28.5 which was also "suggestive". He looks for ARR > 30 for diagnosis of PA.>> Sorry, I guess for some reason I thought my ARR was 1.86 but it was my Renin that was 1.86. Normal for the lab I had it done at is 1.31-3.95> It didn't say what the ARR was. I am not sure why my doctor was talking about my ARR not being low enough for me to have Hyperaldosteronism unless he meant my RENIN was not low enough. I am off of the ACE Inhibitor now and will be rechecked next weds. I have also cut way back on my caffeine because I read somewhere that it can also affect RENIN levels. > Thanks for your reply . I am glad I went back to look at that. > BTW My Serum Aldo was High at 45.9 and my 24 hour urine aldo was High at 28> > > > ________________________________> From: Valarie <val@...>> hyperaldosteronism > Sent: Thu, February 25, 2010 1:15:52 PM> Subject: RE: new here> > > If your aldo/renin ratio is 1.86, you probably don’t have PA> unless you are using a different definition than we are familiar with. ARR > 20 or 30 is usually suspect for PA.> > Val> > > From:hyperaldosteronism> [mailto:hyperaldost eronism@gro ups.com] On Behalf Of Vicki Ritchie> > Thanks> for the response Val. My Aldo/renin ratio was 1.86> I am> pretty new to all this so I am kinda learning as I> go. I will be rechecked for Aldo renin on March 3rd and if I am diagnosed with hyperaldo, I will have a 4 hour salt test on march 9th. My> doc is at the Cleveland Clinic.>

Guest guest

REpeat it off the ACE and we will know.Everyone is different so can't generalize to an n of 1.CE Grim MDOn Feb 26, 2010, at 3:31 AM, Vicki Ritchie wrote:I am curious to know how much the ace inhibitor effected this result. Sent from my iPodOn Feb 26, 2010, at 12:06 AM, Clarence Grim <lowerbp2mac> wrote: And I say it is group hyperaldosteronism but not yet classical. Tiped sad Send form miiPhone ;-)May your pressure be low!CE Grim MDSpecializing in DifficultHypertensionOn Feb 25, 2010, at 7:31 PM, Vicki Ritchie <vritchie147 > wrote: Thank you for that information! Sent from my iPodOn Feb 25, 2010, at 6:46 PM, "smkushka" <smkushka > wrote: I believe the ARR is a calculation of aldo level divided by renin level. If so, yours is about 25. My doc would say that is "suggestive" of PA; mine was 28.5 which was also "suggestive". He looks for ARR > 30 for diagnosis of PA.>> Sorry, I guess for some reason I thought my ARR was 1.86 but it was my Renin that was 1.86. Normal for the lab I had it done at is 1.31-3.95> It didn't say what the ARR was. I am not sure why my doctor was talking about my ARR not being low enough for me to have Hyperaldosteronism unless he meant my RENIN was not low enough. I am off of the ACE Inhibitor now and will be rechecked next weds. I have also cut way back on my caffeine because I read somewhere that it can also affect RENIN levels. > Thanks for your reply . I am glad I went back to look at that. > BTW My Serum Aldo was High at 45.9 and my 24 hour urine aldo was High at 28> > > > ________________________________> From: Valarie <val@...>> hyperaldosteronism > Sent: Thu, February 25, 2010 1:15:52 PM> Subject: RE: new here> > > If your aldo/renin ratio is 1.86, you probably don’t have PA> unless you are using a different definition than we are familiar with. ARR > 20 or 30 is usually suspect for PA.> > Val> > > From:hyperaldosteronism> [mailto:hyperaldost eronism@gro ups.com] On Behalf Of Vicki Ritchie> > Thanks> for the response Val. My Aldo/renin ratio was 1.86> I am> pretty new to all this so I am kinda learning as I> go. I will be rechecked for Aldo renin on March 3rd and if I am diagnosed with hyperaldo, I will have a 4 hour salt test on march 9th. My> doc is at the Cleveland Clinic.>

Guest guest

Guest guest

You have P based on your Paldo, your renin and your 24 hr urine aldo. How much Na was in the urine and K? Need those to interpret urine aldo and PRA and aldo.I don't recall you whole story but you are in the classical stage (advance) stage of PA.CE Grim MDOn Feb 25, 2010, at 12:46 PM, Vicki Ritchie wrote:Sorry, I guess for some reason I thought my ARR was 1.86 but it was my Renin that was 1.86. Normal for the lab I had it done at is 1.31-3.95It didn't say what the ARR was. I am not sure why my doctor was talking about my ARR not being low enough for me to have Hyperaldosteronism unless he meant my RENIN was not low enough. I am off of the ACE Inhibitor now and will be rechecked next weds. I have also cut way back on my caffeine because I read somewhere that it can also affect RENIN levels. Thanks for your reply . I am glad I went back to look at that. BTW My Serum Aldo was High at 45.9 and my 24 hour urine aldo was High at 28From: Valarie <val@...>hyperaldosteronism Sent: Thu, February 25, 2010 1:15:52 PMSubject: RE: new here If your aldo/renin ratio is 1.86, you probably don’t have PA unless you are using a different definition than we are familiar with. ARR > 20 or 30 is usually suspect for PA. Val From: hyperaldosteronism [mailto:hyperaldost eronism@gro ups.com] On Behalf Of Vicki Ritchie Thanks for the response Val. My Aldo/renin ratio was 1.86I am pretty new to all this so I am kinda learning as I go. I will be rechecked for Aldo renin on March 3rd and if I am diagnosed withhyperaldo, I will have a 4 hour salt test on march 9th. My doc is at the Cleveland Clinic.

Guest guest

The only other 24 hr urine rest I had was for creatinine and that was normal.Weds. can not come fast enough (that is when I will have renin/Aldo test re done)Sent from my iPodOn Feb 26, 2010, at 8:20 PM, Clarence Grim <lowerbp2@...> wrote:

You have P based on your Paldo, your renin and your 24 hr urine aldo. How much Na was in the urine and K? Need those to interpret urine aldo and PRA and aldo.I don't recall you whole story but you are in the classical stage (advance) stage of PA.CE Grim MDOn Feb 25, 2010, at 12:46 PM, Vicki Ritchie wrote:Sorry, I guess for some reason I thought my ARR was 1.86 but it was my Renin that was 1.86. Normal for the lab I had it done at is 1.31-3.95It didn't say what the ARR was. I am not sure why my doctor was talking about my ARR not being low enough for me to have Hyperaldosteronism unless he meant my RENIN was not low enough. I am off of the ACE Inhibitor now and will be rechecked next weds. I have also cut way back on my caffeine because I read somewhere that it can also affect RENIN levels. Thanks for your reply . I am glad I went back to look at that. BTW My Serum Aldo was High at 45.9 and my 24 hour urine aldo was High at 28From: Valarie <val@...>hyperaldosteronism Sent: Thu, February 25, 2010 1:15:52 PMSubject: RE: new here If your aldo/renin ratio is 1.86, you probably don’t have PA unless you are using a different definition than we are familiar with. ARR > 20 or 30 is usually suspect for PA. Val From: hyperaldosteronism [mailto:hyperaldost eronism@gro ups.com] On Behalf Of Vicki Ritchie Thanks for the response Val. My Aldo/renin ratio was 1.86I am pretty new to all this so I am kinda learning as I go. I will be rechecked for Aldo renin on March 3rd and if I am diagnosed withhyperaldo, I will have a 4 hour salt test on march 9th. My doc is at the Cleveland Clinic.

Guest guest

The only other 24 hr urine rest I had was for creatinine and that was normal.Weds. can not come fast enough (that is when I will have renin/Aldo test re done)Sent from my iPodOn Feb 26, 2010, at 8:20 PM, Clarence Grim <lowerbp2@...> wrote:

Guest guest

Really hoping it gives you a definitive answer! Best WishesPennyFrom: Vicki Ritchie <vritchie147@...>"hyperaldosteronism " <hyperaldosteronism >Sent: Sat, 27 February, 2010 9:31:09Subject: Re:

new here

The only other 24 hr urine rest I had was for creatinine and that was normal.Weds. can not come fast enough (that is when I will have renin/Aldo test re done)Sent from my iPodOn Feb 26, 2010, at 8:20 PM, Clarence Grim <lowerbp2mac (DOT) com> wrote:

You have P based on your Paldo, your renin and your 24 hr urine aldo. How much Na was in the urine and K? Need those to interpret urine aldo and PRA and aldo.I don't recall you whole story but you are in the classical stage (advance) stage of PA.CE Grim MDOn Feb 25, 2010, at 12:46 PM, Vicki Ritchie wrote:Sorry, I guess for some reason I thought my ARR was 1.86 but it was my Renin that was 1.86. Normal for the lab I had it done at is 1.31-3.95It didn't say what the ARR was. I am not sure why my doctor was talking about my ARR not being low enough for me to have Hyperaldosteronism unless he meant my RENIN was not low enough. I am off of the ACE Inhibitor now and will be rechecked next weds. I have also cut way back on my caffeine because I read somewhere that it can also affect RENIN levels. Thanks for your reply . I am glad I went back to look at that. BTW My Serum Aldo was High at 45.9 and my 24 hour urine aldo was High at 28From: Valarie <val@...>hyperaldosteronismSent: Thu, February 25, 2010 1:15:52 PMSubject: RE: [hyperaldosteronism ] new here If your aldo/renin ratio is 1.86, you probably don’t have PA unless you are using a different definition than we are familiar with. ARR > 20 or 30 is usually suspect for PA. Val From: hyperaldosteronism [mailto:hyperaldost eronism@gro ups.com] On Behalf Of Vicki Ritchie Thanks for the response Val. My Aldo/renin ratio was

1.86I am pretty new to all this so I am kinda learning as I go. I will be rechecked for Aldo renin on March 3rd and if I am diagnosed withhyperaldo, I will have a 4 hour salt test on march 9th. My doc is at the Cleveland Clinic.

Guest guest

It will be five weeks in between employer coverages; COBRA for me will be about

$500 a month, so I thought if I don't actually have to buy it, all the better.

If my aldo/renin ratio is >30 in a few weeks, I'll have to buy the COBRA so I

can continue the diagnostic process rather than just waiting until May 1. He

did not order any urine testing; only blood for aldo, renin, and chemistries.

I don't know how many mg NA I eat per day. In cardiac care a low NA diet is

less than 2 Gm/day, so I suppose I should eat more than that for a " normal "

diet; ugh, I can feel the water retention already... I eat pretty low sodium as

a rule, except when eating out with friends socially; I can almost always tell

restaurant food (or other people's cooking) is saltier than I'm used to. At

home, I do not add salt to food on the plate, buy mostly fresh foods and add

very little to only a few things that I cook, buy low sodium products when

available, only typically eat one-two slices of bread per day, no milk or cheese

usually except cottage cheese, no crackers or cereal or deli sandwich meats

except rarely.

It is a new stethscope; I bought it at CVS. I am a nurse so can hear the

Kortokoff sounds. I will take it in next time I see a doc to check it against

mercury.

Suzanne

> > > >> >

> > > >> > Sorry, I guess for some reason I thought my ARR was 1.86 but it

> > > >> was my Renin that was 1.86. Normal for the lab I had it done at

> > is

> > > >> 1.31-3.95

> > > >> > It didn't say what the ARR was. I am not sure why my doctor was

> > > >> talking about my ARR not being low enough for me to have

> > > >> Hyperaldosteronism unless he meant my RENIN was not low enough. I

> > > >> am off of the ACE Inhibitor now and will be rechecked next

> > weds. I

> > > >> have also cut way back on my caffeine because I read somewhere

> > that

> > > >> it can also affect RENIN levels.

> > > >> > Thanks for your reply . I am glad I went back to look at

> > > >> that.

> > > >> > BTW My Serum Aldo was High at 45.9 and my 24 hour urine aldo

> > was

> > > >> High at 28

> > > >> >

> > > >> >

> > > >> >

> > > >> > ________________________________

> > > >> > From: Valarie <val@>

> > > >> > hyperaldosteronism

> > > >> > Sent: Thu, February 25, 2010 1:15:52 PM

> > > >> > Subject: RE: new here

> > > >> >

> > > >> >

> > > >> > If your aldo/renin ratio is 1.86, you probably don’t

> > have PA

> > > >> > unless you are using a different definition than we are

> > familiar

> > > >> with. ARR > 20 or 30 is usually suspect for PA.

> > > >> >

> > > >> > Val

> > > >> >

> > > >> >

> > > >> > From:hyperaldosteronism

> > > >> > [mailto:hyperaldost eronism@gro ups.com] On Behalf Of

> > Vicki

> > > >> Ritchie

> > > >> >

> > > >> > Thanks

> > > >> > for the response Val. My Aldo/renin ratio was 1.86

> > > >> > I am

> > > >> > pretty new to all this so I am kinda learning as I

> > > >> > go. I will be rechecked for Aldo renin on March 3rd and if I am

> > > >> diagnosed with hyperaldo, I will have a 4 hour salt test on march

> > > >> 9th. My

> > > >> > doc is at the Cleveland Clinic.

> > > >> >

> > > >>

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> >

> >

> >

>

Guest guest

It will be five weeks in between employer coverages; COBRA for me will be about

$500 a month, so I thought if I don't actually have to buy it, all the better.

If my aldo/renin ratio is >30 in a few weeks, I'll have to buy the COBRA so I

can continue the diagnostic process rather than just waiting until May 1. He

did not order any urine testing; only blood for aldo, renin, and chemistries.

I don't know how many mg NA I eat per day. In cardiac care a low NA diet is

less than 2 Gm/day, so I suppose I should eat more than that for a " normal "

diet; ugh, I can feel the water retention already... I eat pretty low sodium as

a rule, except when eating out with friends socially; I can almost always tell

restaurant food (or other people's cooking) is saltier than I'm used to. At

home, I do not add salt to food on the plate, buy mostly fresh foods and add

very little to only a few things that I cook, buy low sodium products when

available, only typically eat one-two slices of bread per day, no milk or cheese

usually except cottage cheese, no crackers or cereal or deli sandwich meats

except rarely.

It is a new stethscope; I bought it at CVS. I am a nurse so can hear the

Kortokoff sounds. I will take it in next time I see a doc to check it against

mercury.

Suzanne

> > > >> >

> > is

> > > >> 1.31-3.95

> > weds. I

> > that

> > > >> that.

> > was

> > > >> High at 28

> > > >> >

> > > >> >

> > > >> >

> > > >> >

> > > >> >

> > have PA

> > familiar

> > > >> >

> > > >> > Val

> > > >> >

> > > >> >

> > Vicki

> > > >> Ritchie

> > > >> >

> > > >> > Thanks

> > > >> > I am

> > > >> 9th. My

> > > >> >

> > > >>

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> >

> >

> >

>

Guest guest

U might want to take him the Endo guidelines in our files. Tiped sad Send form miiPhone ;-)May your pressure be low!CE Grim MDSpecializing in DifficultHypertensionOn Feb 27, 2010, at 8:23 AM, smkushka <smkushka@...> wrote:

It will be five weeks in between employer coverages; COBRA for me will be about $500 a month, so I thought if I don't actually have to buy it, all the better. If my aldo/renin ratio is >30 in a few weeks, I'll have to buy the COBRA so I can continue the diagnostic process rather than just waiting until May 1. He did not order any urine testing; only blood for aldo, renin, and chemistries.

I don't know how many mg NA I eat per day. In cardiac care a low NA diet is less than 2 Gm/day, so I suppose I should eat more than that for a "normal" diet; ugh, I can feel the water retention already... I eat pretty low sodium as a rule, except when eating out with friends socially; I can almost always tell restaurant food (or other people's cooking) is saltier than I'm used to. At home, I do not add salt to food on the plate, buy mostly fresh foods and add very little to only a few things that I cook, buy low sodium products when available, only typically eat one-two slices of bread per day, no milk or cheese usually except cottage cheese, no crackers or cereal or deli sandwich meats except rarely.

It is a new stethscope; I bought it at CVS. I am a nurse so can hear the Kortokoff sounds. I will take it in next time I see a doc to check it against mercury.

Suzanne

> > > >> >

> > is

> > > >> 1.31-3.95

> > weds. I

> > that

> > > >> that.

> > was

> > > >> High at 28

> > > >> >

> > > >> >

> > > >> >

> > > >> >

> > > >> >

> > have PA

> > familiar

> > > >> >

> > > >> > Val

> > > >> >

> > > >> >

> > Vicki

> > > >> Ritchie

> > > >> >

> > > >> > Thanks

> > > >> > I am

> > > >> 9th. My

> > > >> >

> > > >>

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> >

> >

> >

>

Guest guest

U might want to take him the Endo guidelines in our files. Tiped sad Send form miiPhone ;-)May your pressure be low!CE Grim MDSpecializing in DifficultHypertensionOn Feb 27, 2010, at 8:23 AM, smkushka <smkushka@...> wrote:

It will be five weeks in between employer coverages; COBRA for me will be about $500 a month, so I thought if I don't actually have to buy it, all the better. If my aldo/renin ratio is >30 in a few weeks, I'll have to buy the COBRA so I can continue the diagnostic process rather than just waiting until May 1. He did not order any urine testing; only blood for aldo, renin, and chemistries.

I don't know how many mg NA I eat per day. In cardiac care a low NA diet is less than 2 Gm/day, so I suppose I should eat more than that for a "normal" diet; ugh, I can feel the water retention already... I eat pretty low sodium as a rule, except when eating out with friends socially; I can almost always tell restaurant food (or other people's cooking) is saltier than I'm used to. At home, I do not add salt to food on the plate, buy mostly fresh foods and add very little to only a few things that I cook, buy low sodium products when available, only typically eat one-two slices of bread per day, no milk or cheese usually except cottage cheese, no crackers or cereal or deli sandwich meats except rarely.

It is a new stethscope; I bought it at CVS. I am a nurse so can hear the Kortokoff sounds. I will take it in next time I see a doc to check it against mercury.

Suzanne

> > > >> >

> > is

> > > >> 1.31-3.95

> > weds. I

> > that

> > > >> that.

> > was

> > > >> High at 28

> > > >> >

> > > >> >

> > > >> >

> > > >> >

> > > >> >

> > have PA

> > familiar

> > > >> >

> > > >> > Val

> > > >> >

> > > >> >

> > Vicki

> > > >> Ritchie

> > > >> >

> > > >> > Thanks

> > > >> > I am

> > > >> 9th. My

> > > >> >

> > > >>

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> >

> >

> >

>

Guest guest

Suzanne

> > > >> >

> > is

> > > >> 1.31-3.95

> > weds. I

> > that

> > > >> that.

> > was

> > > >> High at 28

> > > >> >

> > > >> >

> > > >> >

> > > >> >

> > > >> >

> > have PA

> > familiar

> > > >> >

> > > >> > Val

> > > >> >

> > > >> >

> > Vicki

> > > >> Ritchie

> > > >> >

> > > >> > Thanks

> > > >> > I am

> > > >> 9th. My

> > > >> >

> > > >>

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> >

> >

> >

>

Guest guest

And be sure it will not be called a pre existing condition but that should not be aProblem with COBRA. Tiped sad Send form miiPhone ;-)May your pressure be low!CE Grim MDSpecializing in DifficultHypertensionOn Feb 27, 2010, at 8:23 AM, smkushka <smkushka@...> wrote:

Suzanne

> > > >> >

> > is

> > > >> 1.31-3.95

> > weds. I

> > that

> > > >> that.

> > was

> > > >> High at 28

> > > >> >

> > > >> >

> > > >> >

> > > >> >

> > > >> >

> > have PA

> > familiar

> > > >> >

> > > >> > Val

> > > >> >

> > > >> >

> > Vicki

> > > >> Ritchie

> > > >> >

> > > >> > Thanks

> > > >> > I am

> > > >> 9th. My

> > > >> >

> > > >>

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> >

> >

> >

>

Guest guest

And be sure it will not be called a pre existing condition but that should not be aProblem with COBRA. Tiped sad Send form miiPhone ;-)May your pressure be low!CE Grim MDSpecializing in DifficultHypertensionOn Feb 27, 2010, at 8:23 AM, smkushka <smkushka@...> wrote:

Suzanne

> > > >> >

> > is

> > > >> 1.31-3.95

> > weds. I

> > that

> > > >> that.

> > was

> > > >> High at 28

> > > >> >

> > > >> >

> > > >> >

> > > >> >

> > > >> >

> > have PA

> > familiar

> > > >> >

> > > >> > Val

> > > >> >

> > > >> >

> > Vicki

> > > >> Ritchie

> > > >> >

> > > >> > Thanks

> > > >> > I am

> > > >> 9th. My

> > > >> >

> > > >>

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> >

> >

> >

>

Guest guest

Yes, good point. I'm going to a very large company group plan. Even if I don't

pick up COBRA, I believe that if you are in a group plan (I am now) and move to

another group plan with allowed exception of less than 60 days, it is illegal to

use the pre-existing condition clause. But I'll check to be sure.

> > > > > >> >

> > > > > >> > Sorry, I guess for some reason I thought my ARR was 1.86

> > but it

> > > > > >> was my Renin that was 1.86. Normal for the lab I had it

> > done at

> > > > is

> > > > > >> 1.31-3.95

> > > > > >> > It didn't say what the ARR was. I am not sure why my

> > doctor was

> > > > > >> talking about my ARR not being low enough for me to have

> > > > > >> Hyperaldosteronism unless he meant my RENIN was not low

> > enough. I

> > > > > >> am off of the ACE Inhibitor now and will be rechecked next

> > > > weds. I

> > > > > >> have also cut way back on my caffeine because I read

> > somewhere

> > > > that

> > > > > >> it can also affect RENIN levels.

> > > > > >> > Thanks for your reply . I am glad I went back to

> > look at

> > > > > >> that.

> > > > > >> > BTW My Serum Aldo was High at 45.9 and my 24 hour urine

> > aldo

> > > > was

> > > > > >> High at 28

> > > > > >> >

> > > > > >> >

> > > > > >> >

> > > > > >> > ________________________________

> > > > > >> > From: Valarie <val@>

> > > > > >> > hyperaldosteronism

> > > > > >> > Sent: Thu, February 25, 2010 1:15:52 PM

> > > > > >> > Subject: RE: new here

> > > > > >> >

> > > > > >> >

> > > > > >> > If your aldo/renin ratio is 1.86, you probably donââ

> > ‚¬â„¢t

> > > > have PA

> > > > > >> > unless you are using a different definition than we are

> > > > familiar

> > > > > >> with. ARR > 20 or 30 is usually suspect for PA.

> > > > > >> >

> > > > > >> > Val

> > > > > >> >

> > > > > >> >

> > > > > >> > From:hyperaldosteronism

> > > > > >> > [mailto:hyperaldost eronism@gro ups.com] On Behalf Of

> > > > Vicki

> > > > > >> Ritchie

> > > > > >> >

> > > > > >> > Thanks

> > > > > >> > for the response Val. My Aldo/renin ratio was 1.86

> > > > > >> > I am

> > > > > >> > pretty new to all this so I am kinda learning as I

> > > > > >> > go. I will be rechecked for Aldo renin on March 3rd and

> > if I am

> > > > > >> diagnosed with hyperaldo, I will have a 4 hour salt test on

> > march

> > > > > >> 9th. My

> > > > > >> > doc is at the Cleveland Clinic.

> > > > > >> >

> > > > > >>

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> >

> >

>

Guest guest

Yes, good point. I'm going to a very large company group plan. Even if I don't

pick up COBRA, I believe that if you are in a group plan (I am now) and move to

another group plan with allowed exception of less than 60 days, it is illegal to

use the pre-existing condition clause. But I'll check to be sure.

> > > > > >> >

> > > > > >> > Sorry, I guess for some reason I thought my ARR was 1.86

> > but it

> > > > > >> was my Renin that was 1.86. Normal for the lab I had it

> > done at

> > > > is

> > > > > >> 1.31-3.95

> > > > > >> > It didn't say what the ARR was. I am not sure why my

> > doctor was

> > > > > >> talking about my ARR not being low enough for me to have

> > > > > >> Hyperaldosteronism unless he meant my RENIN was not low

> > enough. I

> > > > > >> am off of the ACE Inhibitor now and will be rechecked next

> > > > weds. I

> > > > > >> have also cut way back on my caffeine because I read

> > somewhere

> > > > that

> > > > > >> it can also affect RENIN levels.

> > > > > >> > Thanks for your reply . I am glad I went back to

> > look at

> > > > > >> that.

> > > > > >> > BTW My Serum Aldo was High at 45.9 and my 24 hour urine

> > aldo

> > > > was

> > > > > >> High at 28

> > > > > >> >

> > > > > >> >

> > > > > >> >

> > > > > >> > ________________________________

> > > > > >> > From: Valarie <val@>

> > > > > >> > hyperaldosteronism

> > > > > >> > Sent: Thu, February 25, 2010 1:15:52 PM

> > > > > >> > Subject: RE: new here

> > > > > >> >

> > > > > >> >

> > > > > >> > If your aldo/renin ratio is 1.86, you probably donââ

> > ‚¬â„¢t

> > > > have PA

> > > > > >> > unless you are using a different definition than we are

> > > > familiar

> > > > > >> with. ARR > 20 or 30 is usually suspect for PA.

> > > > > >> >

> > > > > >> > Val

> > > > > >> >

> > > > > >> >

> > > > > >> > From:hyperaldosteronism

> > > > > >> > [mailto:hyperaldost eronism@gro ups.com] On Behalf Of

> > > > Vicki

> > > > > >> Ritchie

> > > > > >> >

> > > > > >> > Thanks

> > > > > >> > for the response Val. My Aldo/renin ratio was 1.86

> > > > > >> > I am

> > > > > >> > pretty new to all this so I am kinda learning as I

> > > > > >> > go. I will be rechecked for Aldo renin on March 3rd and

> > if I am

> > > > > >> diagnosed with hyperaldo, I will have a 4 hour salt test on

> > march

> > > > > >> 9th. My

> > > > > >> > doc is at the Cleveland Clinic.

> > > > > >> >

> > > > > >>

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> >

> >

>

Guest guest

And work for Obama's Health Plan. The Republicans want some of it to start in 2018 to save money.CE Grim MDOn Feb 27, 2010, at 12:25 PM, smkushka wrote:Yes, good point. I'm going to a very large company group plan. Even if I don't pick up COBRA, I believe that if you are in a group plan (I am now) and move to another group plan with allowed exception of less than 60 days, it is illegal to use the pre-existing condition clause. But I'll check to be sure.> > > > > >> >> > > > > >> > Sorry, I guess for some reason I thought my ARR was 1.86 > > but it> > > > > >> was my Renin that was 1.86. Normal for the lab I had it > > done at> > > > is> > > > > >> 1.31-3.95> > > > > >> > It didn't say what the ARR was. I am not sure why my > > doctor was> > > > > >> talking about my ARR not being low enough for me to have> > > > > >> Hyperaldosteronism unless he meant my RENIN was not low > > enough. I> > > > > >> am off of the ACE Inhibitor now and will be rechecked next> > > > weds. I> > > > > >> have also cut way back on my caffeine because I read > > somewhere> > > > that> > > > > >> it can also affect RENIN levels.> > > > > >> > Thanks for your reply . I am glad I went back to > > look at> > > > > >> that.> > > > > >> > BTW My Serum Aldo was High at 45.9 and my 24 hour urine > > aldo> > > > was> > > > > >> High at 28> > > > > >> >> > > > > >> >> > > > > >> >> > > > > >> > ________________________________> > > > > >> > From: Valarie <val@>> > > > > >> > hyperaldosteronism > > > > > >> > Sent: Thu, February 25, 2010 1:15:52 PM> > > > > >> > Subject: RE: new here> > > > > >> >> > > > > >> >> > > > > >> > If your aldo/renin ratio is 1.86, you probably donââ > > ‚¬â„¢t> > > > have PA> > > > > >> > unless you are using a different definition than we are> > > > familiar> > > > > >> with. ARR > 20 or 30 is usually suspect for PA.> > > > > >> >> > > > > >> > Val> > > > > >> >> > > > > >> >> > > > > >> > From:hyperaldosteronism> > > > > >> > [mailto:hyperaldost eronism@gro ups.com] On Behalf Of> > > > Vicki> > > > > >> Ritchie> > > > > >> >> > > > > >> > Thanks> > > > > >> > for the response Val. My Aldo/renin ratio was 1.86> > > > > >> > I am> > > > > >> > pretty new to all this so I am kinda learning as I> > > > > >> > go. I will be rechecked for Aldo renin on March 3rd and > > if I am> > > > > >> diagnosed with hyperaldo, I will have a 4 hour salt test on > > march> > > > > >> 9th. My> > > > > >> > doc is at the Cleveland Clinic.> > > > > >> >> > > > > >>> > > > > >> > > > > >> > > > >> > > >> > > >> > > >> > >> >> >>

Guest guest

And work for Obama's Health Plan. The Republicans want some of it to start in 2018 to save money.CE Grim MDOn Feb 27, 2010, at 12:25 PM, smkushka wrote:Yes, good point. I'm going to a very large company group plan. Even if I don't pick up COBRA, I believe that if you are in a group plan (I am now) and move to another group plan with allowed exception of less than 60 days, it is illegal to use the pre-existing condition clause. But I'll check to be sure.> > > > > >> >> > > > > >> > Sorry, I guess for some reason I thought my ARR was 1.86 > > but it> > > > > >> was my Renin that was 1.86. Normal for the lab I had it > > done at> > > > is> > > > > >> 1.31-3.95> > > > > >> > It didn't say what the ARR was. I am not sure why my > > doctor was> > > > > >> talking about my ARR not being low enough for me to have> > > > > >> Hyperaldosteronism unless he meant my RENIN was not low > > enough. I> > > > > >> am off of the ACE Inhibitor now and will be rechecked next> > > > weds. I> > > > > >> have also cut way back on my caffeine because I read > > somewhere> > > > that> > > > > >> it can also affect RENIN levels.> > > > > >> > Thanks for your reply . I am glad I went back to > > look at> > > > > >> that.> > > > > >> > BTW My Serum Aldo was High at 45.9 and my 24 hour urine > > aldo> > > > was> > > > > >> High at 28> > > > > >> >> > > > > >> >> > > > > >> >> > > > > >> > ________________________________> > > > > >> > From: Valarie <val@>> > > > > >> > hyperaldosteronism > > > > > >> > Sent: Thu, February 25, 2010 1:15:52 PM> > > > > >> > Subject: RE: new here> > > > > >> >> > > > > >> >> > > > > >> > If your aldo/renin ratio is 1.86, you probably donââ > > ‚¬â„¢t> > > > have PA> > > > > >> > unless you are using a different definition than we are> > > > familiar> > > > > >> with. ARR > 20 or 30 is usually suspect for PA.> > > > > >> >> > > > > >> > Val> > > > > >> >> > > > > >> >> > > > > >> > From:hyperaldosteronism> > > > > >> > [mailto:hyperaldost eronism@gro ups.com] On Behalf Of> > > > Vicki> > > > > >> Ritchie> > > > > >> >> > > > > >> > Thanks> > > > > >> > for the response Val. My Aldo/renin ratio was 1.86> > > > > >> > I am> > > > > >> > pretty new to all this so I am kinda learning as I> > > > > >> > go. I will be rechecked for Aldo renin on March 3rd and > > if I am> > > > > >> diagnosed with hyperaldo, I will have a 4 hour salt test on > > march> > > > > >> 9th. My> > > > > >> > doc is at the Cleveland Clinic.> > > > > >> >> > > > > >>> > > > > >> > > > > >> > > > >> > > >> > > >> > > >> > >> >> >>