RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

New here

Rate this topic

Guest guest

22 years old! Beleive me been there done that with alot of it. I ran the autism society here in Hagerstown Md for 13 years. I WISH I knew and COULD do some of the things that are out there now.J lost that "window" of opperturity (around 3-4) as they didn't have things they have now. J still sees a DAN! dr every 6 months are so.

Its no big deal to talk about the dosages here......For one thing you have to have a Dr's script to get the B-12 and/or any other method (drugs and such). And that will be up to the Dr. to decide on. Lois

Re: new here

Guest guest

Do you really think there is a window where is can be too late to try things? My DAN! has a story of a man who was 30 years and could talk and they just started biomed and he learned to talk ina few years and said thank you for helping me talk!!! I wonder what it must be like at age 22. I fear that age. that is true you do need a dr prescription to get the b12. We are doing 1000mcg every other night. I do it when she is awake and my husband sits on her while I give it to her.From: lois noland <jlois@...>Subject: Re: new hereautism Date: Saturday, October 10,

2009, 7:18 PM

22 years old! Beleive me been there done that with alot of it. I ran the autism society here in Hagerstown Md for 13 years. I WISH I knew and COULD do some of the things that are out there now.J lost that "window" of opperturity (around 3-4) as they didn't have things they have now. J still sees a DAN! dr every 6 months are so.

Its no big deal to talk about the dosages here......For one thing you have to have a Dr's script to get the B-12 and/or any other method (drugs and such). And that will be up to the Dr. to decide on. Lois

Guest guest

Do you really think there is a window where is can be too late to try things? My DAN! has a story of a man who was 30 years and could talk and they just started biomed and he learned to talk ina few years and said thank you for helping me talk!!! I wonder what it must be like at age 22. I fear that age. that is true you do need a dr prescription to get the b12. We are doing 1000mcg every other night. I do it when she is awake and my husband sits on her while I give it to her.From: lois noland <jlois@...>Subject: Re: new hereautism Date: Saturday, October 10,

2009, 7:18 PM

Guest guest

Oh, we are too...I think all of us mom's fear that! I know for some DAN! works...for others no matter how hard and perfectly they try it doesn't. We have a lady on group who's child did not respond to about 18 months to 2 yrs of bio-med, etc...I'm glad you are seeing huge gains...that is wonderful!!!!!!!!! is not on an anti-anxiety but rather a med that helps his over all mood...it has been a blessing for us..

Wishing you God-speed...we are here for you :)

e

From: Christiansen <cathychristiansen84@...>autism Sent: Sat, October 10, 2009 7:54:12 PMSubject: Re: new here

We were diagnosed on November 5 at 2:00pm 2008 and we trying biomedical from the DAN! on Dec 15, 2008. It has been almost a year. Yes we are seeing a HUGE change in our daughter! she used to punch herself in the stomach and pull her hair out and feedings were the worst. she showed big signs that feeding must have caused her pain. These symptoms are still an issue but 90% better now. She used to be anxious but I don't see signs of that now. I have used these methods with nne speech (3 different teachers) Ot, pt, feeding therapy, social dance classes, preschool, floortime, teachh. Do you give hime anxiety meds from a pediatrician or from a DAN! I am not asking what kind of med just who recommended it. My daughter is taking many many thing recommended by our DAN! but some are temprory to get rid of tummy yuckies. We do urine tests and look for improvements we can compare

to before the test. I have proof that nne responds to many different types of meds and most are natural. We have friends that just try things and watch to see if it works but nne isn't always that obvious for us and I want to know that ALL the yuckies are out and don't grow back. She is getting better but I am afraid when we do chelation the bad stuff will relapse. I agree not all kids respond to the same things and some children don't respond at all so we are just happy she is showing that she might recover some day. I am afraid she will have to go to a home or something when we die so really we are just trying to get her to be the best she can be.

From: Wylie <mlwpdb (DOT) com>Subject: Re: new hereAutismBehaviorProbl emsgroups (DOT) comDate: Friday, October 9, 2009, 5:40 PM

Welcome . I am and I have a 12 year old son Ricky. He hasn't done as much of the self abusive behaviors since he has been off the Risperdal. I hope you find what you need from this group. They are great!

Guest guest

Oh, we are too...I think all of us mom's fear that! I know for some DAN! works...for others no matter how hard and perfectly they try it doesn't. We have a lady on group who's child did not respond to about 18 months to 2 yrs of bio-med, etc...I'm glad you are seeing huge gains...that is wonderful!!!!!!!!! is not on an anti-anxiety but rather a med that helps his over all mood...it has been a blessing for us..

Wishing you God-speed...we are here for you :)

e

From: Christiansen <cathychristiansen84@...>autism Sent: Sat, October 10, 2009 7:54:12 PMSubject: Re: new here

We were diagnosed on November 5 at 2:00pm 2008 and we trying biomedical from the DAN! on Dec 15, 2008. It has been almost a year. Yes we are seeing a HUGE change in our daughter! she used to punch herself in the stomach and pull her hair out and feedings were the worst. she showed big signs that feeding must have caused her pain. These symptoms are still an issue but 90% better now. She used to be anxious but I don't see signs of that now. I have used these methods with nne speech (3 different teachers) Ot, pt, feeding therapy, social dance classes, preschool, floortime, teachh. Do you give hime anxiety meds from a pediatrician or from a DAN! I am not asking what kind of med just who recommended it. My daughter is taking many many thing recommended by our DAN! but some are temprory to get rid of tummy yuckies. We do urine tests and look for improvements we can compare

to before the test. I have proof that nne responds to many different types of meds and most are natural. We have friends that just try things and watch to see if it works but nne isn't always that obvious for us and I want to know that ALL the yuckies are out and don't grow back. She is getting better but I am afraid when we do chelation the bad stuff will relapse. I agree not all kids respond to the same things and some children don't respond at all so we are just happy she is showing that she might recover some day. I am afraid she will have to go to a home or something when we die so really we are just trying to get her to be the best she can be.

From: Wylie <mlwpdb (DOT) com>Subject: Re: new hereAutismBehaviorProbl emsgroups (DOT) comDate: Friday, October 9, 2009, 5:40 PM

Welcome . I am and I have a 12 year old son Ricky. He hasn't done as much of the self abusive behaviors since he has been off the Risperdal. I hope you find what you need from this group. They are great!

Guest guest

do you mind me asking what mood med he is on. We are searching for something for our daughter and we are not sure yet.cathy

____________ _________ _________ _________ _________ __

Guest guest

Hi ..email me off group -- ljdjd1234@... -- I'd be happy to tell you what when how why, and all :) lol

e

From: Christiansen <cathychristiansen84@...>autism Sent: Sun, October 11, 2009 3:33:30 PMSubject: Re: new here

do you mind me asking what mood med he is on. We are searching for something for our daughter and we are not sure yet.cathy

Guest guest

Hi ..email me off group -- ljdjd1234@... -- I'd be happy to tell you what when how why, and all :) lol

e

From: Christiansen <cathychristiansen84@...>autism Sent: Sun, October 11, 2009 3:33:30 PMSubject: Re: new here

Guest guest

When J was 3 years old and I was told he had autism the worst of it was lack of speech and pretend play.......Otherwise he wss the MOST laid back easygoing little guy with autism you would ever meet. When he hit puberity he went into a jeycal-hyde (sp)? mood. One min. he was my sweet boy and the next he started hitting and broke out the windows etc.......That is when we put him on a med. I think if J would have gotten one on one ABA about 40 hours a week when he was little he would have been a lot further along.

The problem now is it is aLOT harder to change the behaviours of a 22 year old then one that is 2-4.

I am not saying that J can't learn new things....he does. its just that he had a better chance of making it in the "normel world" when he was little. Lois

Guest guest

When J was 3 years old and I was told he had autism the worst of it was lack of speech and pretend play.......Otherwise he wss the MOST laid back easygoing little guy with autism you would ever meet. When he hit puberity he went into a jeycal-hyde (sp)? mood. One min. he was my sweet boy and the next he started hitting and broke out the windows etc.......That is when we put him on a med. I think if J would have gotten one on one ABA about 40 hours a week when he was little he would have been a lot further along.

The problem now is it is aLOT harder to change the behaviours of a 22 year old then one that is 2-4.

I am not saying that J can't learn new things....he does. its just that he had a better chance of making it in the "normel world" when he was little. Lois

Guest guest

The thinking today by most ABA therapists, is the the best window is between 0 to 5 yrs of age...that is why early intervention is soooooooooo important...however most therapist and good doctors know that kids can learn, our kids included at every age...our therapist is working with a 9 yr old who has made progress....perhaps slower at that age as the brain has done all it's growing, etc....but our child still do and can learn passed that 0-5 window...Of course there are so many variables to any given situation/child....did they have therapy in their early years, and are revisiting it to gain some more...what has their home life been...are they capable cognitively of learning...were they a preemie, do they have any other "co-morbidity" along with Autism...some are Bi-Polar, etc....all

this would play a part in how each one would learn.....

e

From: Christiansen <cathychristiansen84@...>autism Sent: Sat, October 10, 2009 8:29:07 PMSubject: Re: new here

Do you really think there is a window where is can be too late to try things? My DAN! has a story of a man who was 30 years and could talk and they just started biomed and he learned to talk ina few years and said thank you for helping me talk!!! I wonder what it must be like at age 22. I fear that age. that is true you do need a dr prescription to get the b12. We are doing 1000mcg every other night. I do it when she is awake and my husband sits on her while I give it to her.

From: lois noland <jlois@...>Subject: Re: new hereAutismBehaviorProbl emsgroups (DOT) comDate: Saturday, October 10, 2009, 7:18 PM

Guest guest

yes, abosolutely...Lois...it is harder to change the poor behavior once they get older and are use to doing it...so true. Good point.

e

From: lois noland <jlois@...>autism Sent: Mon, October 12, 2009 6:51:58 PMSubject: Re: new here

When J was 3 years old and I was told he had autism the worst of it was lack of speech and pretend play.......Otherwis e he wss the MOST laid back easygoing little guy with autism you would ever meet. When he hit puberity he went into a jeycal-hyde (sp)? mood. One min. he was my sweet boy and the next he started hitting and broke out the windows etc.......That is when we put him on a med. I think if J would have gotten one on one ABA about 40 hours a week when he was little he would have been a lot further along.

Guest guest

Actually, e, the latest research says the brain isn't hard wired and is able to make new neurons and dendrites at even my age! LOl, LOl Love and blessings, Pat K

AutismBehaviorProbl emsgroups (DOT) com

Date: Saturday, October 10, 2009, 7:18 PM

Guest guest

Our MD says it's harder though...harder to break patterns as we age...glad to know that even at my AGE :) lol...I can learn..don't feel it today!

e

From: "pkuenstler@..." <pkuenstler@...>autism Sent: Tue, October 13, 2009 10:03:42 AMSubject: Re: new here

Actually, e, the latest research says the brain isn't hard wired and is able to make new neurons and dendrites at even my age! LOl, LOl Love and blessings, Pat K Re: new hereAutismBehaviorProbl emsgroups (DOT) comDate: Saturday, October 10, 2009, 7:18 PM

Guest guest

Your age, right. Ha, ha, has. Love PK

Guest guest

Your age, right. Ha, ha, has. Love PK

Guest guest

Hi Debbie,

Welcome !  You will find a lot of people that will listen to you, here; and I am

sure you will find lots of support and great ideas, as well.  Just by reading

the messages I have been able to learn very much regarding DS.

Greetings from Belgium,

Bonnie (mother to Jean-Pierre 20, Mark 19, and Ana 17 w/ds)

--- El mar 20-oct-09, debbieafrey <debbieafrey@...> escribió:

De:: debbieafrey <debbieafrey@...>

Asunto: New Here

A:

Fecha: martes 20 de octubre de 2009, 9:38

HI, My name is Debbie, I have 3 kids at home, Veena 22(DS)

Isaac,14 and Drew 13, (DS). Just looking for a place to talk to people who might

be able to relate. Get some ideas and maybe give some as well.

Encuentra las mejores recetas en Cocina.

http://mx.mujer./cocina/

Guest guest

Welcome Debbie glad to have you aboard.? The list has been kind of quiet lately

but there are a bunch of great, wise parents here and you will learn alot.?I

have?5 kids and my youngest has DS.?I look forward to hearing more about your

family and eperiences.

?

Loree

New Here

?

HI, My name is Debbie, I have 3 kids at home, Veena 22(DS) Isaac,14 and Drew 13,

(DS). Just looking for a place to talk to people who might be able to relate.

Get some ideas and maybe give some as well.

Guest guest

Welcome Wendi. I am one that is no where near goal. BUT congrats on the huge loss you have had. What is your daily eating and workout? How long did it take you to lose? I need inspiring. LOL

N.H.

Guest guest

Hello! The link to my blog is in my signature...there is tab called "Weight Loss FAQ's" that has lots of info about me and some before/after pictures, if you are interested.I workout Monday-Saturday, with Sunday being my day of rest. I usually do three days of cardio (elliptical) and three days of strength training (Jillian s DVD's) I also walk the dog about a mile a day. On the days I can't walk the dog due to weather I might throw in some extra elliptical. I also do extra elliptical on days I know we will be eating out. Total time exercising, including the dog walk is about an 1:00-1:15. I tend to do all my exercising right after I do my daily Bible study. I get up at 5AM, so I am done with Bible & exercise by about 7.As for my eating, I tend to eat three meals a day and two snack totally roughly 2100 calories (this is more than I ate while losing) I weigh and measure all my food and track calories (and exercise) in a program called "Lose It" on my itouch (There is a detailed review along with screen shots on my blog of this application) I had my 4th child on March 19, 2008, so that is my "official" start date, although I didn't start counting calories or exercising until late April because I was recovering from a very difficult c-section. I reached my current weight range of 145-148 in early May of this year. I actually set out to get to 138, but after I reached the 145 range, I was already a size 4/6 and people kept saying how thin I was and I didn't need to lose anymore. So after consulting with my doctor, we agreed that this weight is where I should be. I think I have quite of bit of muscle mass that attributes to the fact that I look thinner than you would think a 145 person would look. Does that make sense? I'm not bulky by an means, but my legs feel very strong. Hope this helps!

DeMenthttp://theophilusacademy.wordpress.com/

On Oct 26, 2009, at 5:59 AM, Jase4567@... wrote:

Welcome Wendi. I am one that is no where near goal. BUT congrats on the huge loss you have had. What is your daily eating and workout? How long did it take you to lose? I need inspiring. LOL

N.H.

Guest guest

Wow Cricket that totally rocks you haven't weighed yourself since 27 Oct!!!! I

can't say that for all the other growth!!!Amazing!!!!

I live in WA state, have a blonde ie, Zev, a gray persian, Charlie, and a

great husband....I am melting to resilient health naturally thin me!

Lori

Amazing day

weightloss

Sent: Thu, November 19, 2009 10:43:27 AM

Subject: New Here

Hi all my name is Cricket, I just started listening to 's podcast which I

cant even remember how I stumbled upon. I have such a sense of calmness since

listening to them, I cant explain it. My question is: are most of you following

a plan with the guidance from the podcasts or are you just eating less because

you are more accepting of yourself?

I have not weighed myself since 10/27/09 which in of itself is remarkable for

me. I have had overeating episodes simce then and I am always self correcting.

How often do you weigh in?

I find her method very liberating! I am so glad to have found her and this

group.

Looking forward to learning and growing with you all.

Cricket :0)

Guest guest

Hi Cricket, and welcome!

I started listening in August to 's podcasts and have released 27 lbs. so

far.  I have done so by eating less, I no longer desire to stuff myself to the

point of feeling ill.  I want to feel good for the longest amount of time

possible, so I stop before I overeat.  Not everytime, but a vast majority of

the time.  Also, I desire to eat healthfully because that is what makes me feel

the best, so it is naturally slender eating.  I am not following a set diet

plan, I've spent too many years trying those.  I know what is good for my body

and I listen to my body to tell me how much is enough.  I also started running

back in September and have worked up to a place where I can run for 30 minutes

without stopping.  I'm not very fast but at least I'm off the couch and

moving.  I still have a long way to go to reach my dream body, but I am

enjoying the journey and grateful for everyday I have to be my very best self. 

I weigh myself once a week just

to make sure I'm on track.  So far I have lost at least 1/2 pound every week,

no plateaus yet.

You are off to a great start, keep up the good work!

Holly

weightloss

Sent: Thu, November 19, 2009 10:43:27 AM

Subject: New Here

Hi all my name is Cricket, I just started listening to 's podcast which I

cant even remember how I stumbled upon. I have such a sense of calmness since

listening to them, I cant explain it. My question is: are most of you following

a plan with the guidance from the podcasts or are you just eating less because

you are more accepting of yourself?

I have not weighed myself since 10/27/09 which in of itself is remarkable for

me. I have had overeating episodes simce then and I am always self correcting.

How often do you weigh in?

I find her method very liberating! I am so glad to have found her and this

group.

Looking forward to learning and growing with you all.

Cricket :0)

Guest guest

you got CFS at a great time. they have just discovered the virus that likely

causes it, XMRV. call VIP Dx lab and get them to send you a test kit. if you are

positive, you can wait a few months for the in vitro studies to be done and for

them to suggest some kind of treatment. don't waste your time with other stuff.

i have had this for over 17 yrs....trust me. you don't want that hell.

[Moderator: There are a number of people that have fully recovered. Most

disappear off the CFIDS lists unfortunately. My wife and I have both fully

recovered (but with a child that has not. Improved but not there - hence

continued involvement in the community). By recover, I mean no problem doing a

14 mile hike with a 3000' height gain in a day, or working 12-14 hr/days without

payback.

Anticoagulants and anti-infection (anti-viral and/or antibiotics) was our path

out of it, with Vitamin D supplementation being a likely component). There is no

magic bullet. I needed antibiotics, the wife needed antivirals. We did

COMPHREHENSIVE PCR panels for all of the dozen or so likely infections and

treated all of those that were found. Seek out those that have recovered and get

as much information as you can of what they did. After trying what worked for

some, then go on to the new experimental treatment (which sometimes have severe

negative side-effects).]

Guest guest

Hi, Overstressed.

I'm sorry to hear about your illness.

I would suggest that you get tested for a partial methylation cycle block and

glutathione depletion, which have been found to be present in most cases of CFS.

Standard medical tests do not test for these conditions. The best test panel to

take is the Vitamin Diagnostics methylation pathways panel. Contact information

is below. Treatment for this combination of abnormalities is nonprescription

and relatively inexpensive. Details can be found in the files section of the

cfs_yasko group's webpage. This is a spin-off group from the

group. Please note that the Vitamin Diagnostics lab is in the middle of a move,

so they have asked that new samples not be sent to them until late January. I

have no financial interest in the test panel or the treatment. If you want to

find out how others are doing on this treatment, join the cfs_yasko group and

inquire of the people there.

I hope this is helpful.

Rich

Methylation Pathways Panel

This panel will indicate whether a person has a partial methylation cycle block

and/or glutathione depletion. I recommend that this panel be run before

deciding whether to consider treatment for lifting the methylation cycle block.

I am not associated with the lab that offers this panel.

The panel costs $300 and requires an order from a physician or a chiropractor.

The best way to order the panel is by fax, on your clinician's letterhead.

Available from:

Vitamin Diagnostics, Inc.

540 Bordentown Avenue

South Amboy, NJ 08879

USA

Phone:+1 (732) 721-1234

Lab Director: Tapan Audhya, Ph.D.

(usually at the lab on Tues. and Wed. from 1 to 3 p.m., Eastern time)

Dr. Audhya is willing to help clinicians with interpretation of the panel by

phone.

Guest guest

moderator: wow..you guys actually recovered!? that is wonderful. will you be

getting the XMRV test?

Subject: Re: New here

Received: Monday, November 30, 2009, 10:47 AM

you got CFS at a great time. they have just discovered the virus that likely

causes it, XMRV. call VIP Dx lab and get them to send you a test kit. if you are

positive, you can wait a few months for the in vitro studies to be done and for

them to suggest some kind of treatment. don't waste your time with other stuff.

i have had this for over 17 yrs....trust me. you don't want that hell.

[Moderator: There are a number of people that have fully recovered. Most

disappear off the CFIDS lists unfortunately. My wife and I have both fully

recovered (but with a child that has not. Improved but not there - hence

continued involvement in the community). By recover, I mean no problem doing a

14 mile hike with a 3000' height gain in a day, or working 12-14 hr/days without

payback.

Anticoagulants and anti-infection (anti-viral and/or antibiotics) was our path

out of it, with Vitamin D supplementation being a likely component). There is no

magic bullet. I needed antibiotics, the wife needed antivirals. We did

COMPHREHENSIVE PCR panels for all of the dozen or so likely infections and

treated all of those that were found. Seek out those that have recovered and get

as much information as you can of what they did. After trying what worked for

some, then go on to the new experimental treatment (which sometimes have severe

negative side-effects) .]

The new Internet Explorer® 8 - Faster, safer, easier. Optimized for

Get it Now for Free! at http://downloads./ca/internetexplorer/