RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

New here

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Welcome . I am and I have a 12 year old son Ricky. He hasn't done as much of the self abusive behaviors since he has been off the Risperdal. I hope you find what you need from this group. They are great!

Guest guest

Welcome . I am and I have a 12 year old son Ricky. He hasn't done as much of the self abusive behaviors since he has been off the Risperdal. I hope you find what you need from this group. They are great!

Guest guest

My daughter now grinds her teeth hard when she rages. I can hear them cracking! We are going to a dentist soon to see how bad her teeth really are. She has improved though she used to melt down and hurt herself every 5 or 10 minutes all day long and now it is about 5 times a day.From: Wylie <mlwpdb@...>Subject: Re: new hereautism Date: Friday, October 9, 2009, 5:40 PM

Guest guest

My daughter now grinds her teeth hard when she rages. I can hear them cracking! We are going to a dentist soon to see how bad her teeth really are. She has improved though she used to melt down and hurt herself every 5 or 10 minutes all day long and now it is about 5 times a day.From: Wylie <mlwpdb@...>Subject: Re: new hereautism Date: Friday, October 9, 2009, 5:40 PM

Guest guest

First, welcome to the group! There are a lot of caring and knowlegable moms and

grandmoms here.

Second, my son went thru something similar at that age. Whenever we said it was

time to leave somewhere that he was having fun, he would get

on all fours and bang his head repeatedly on the ground even concrete floors.

When he would be corrected also he would roll his eyes upward and just let

himself fall backwards.

This was before his ASD diagnosis. I belive the head hitting was fustration of

the transition of event. He also has speech fustration back then. His older

sister would translate a lot until we stop her and let him work it out.

Well I rembled enough. I hoped it helped some.

Subject: new here

My daughter is 3 now and has terrible self abuse!  She hits and bites herself

and rages.  She has improved a lot with biomedical but the behaviors are still

there.

Guest guest

First, welcome to the group! There are a lot of caring and knowlegable moms and

grandmoms here.

Second, my son went thru something similar at that age. Whenever we said it was

time to leave somewhere that he was having fun, he would get

When he would be corrected also he would roll his eyes upward and just let

himself fall backwards.

This was before his ASD diagnosis. I belive the head hitting was fustration of

the transition of event. He also has speech fustration back then. His older

sister would translate a lot until we stop her and let him work it out.

My daughter is 3 now and has terrible self abuse!  She hits and bites herself

and rages.  She has improved a lot with biomedical but the behaviors are still

there.

Guest guest

, what has brought about your daughter's improvement? Bless her heart.

My grandson Karac has just turned 17. I diagnosed him and I did his ABA

program with him until he started to school. He is the love of my life. Love and blessings, Pat K

Re: new here

autism

Date: Friday, October 9, 2009, 5:40 PM

Guest guest

, what has brought about your daughter's improvement? Bless her heart.

My grandson Karac has just turned 17. I diagnosed him and I did his ABA

program with him until he started to school. He is the love of my life. Love and blessings, Pat K

autism

Guest guest

...mine will be 3 in two weeks...we had these issues too...if you ever need to run things by someone..feel free to email me off group....for now I will say that we've worked through a ton of this....through sensory, good whole foods, everyday vitamins, therapy...as well as we had to add medication...he was too out of control...the Self Injury was getting really dangerous...I know all the "controvery" over meds.....but each of us has to do what our gut tells us to do...for us...we've made the right decision....

If I can help in anyway... ljdjd1234@...

God love you,

e

From: Christiansen <cathychristiansen84@...>autism Sent: Fri, October 9, 2009 4:11:43 PMSubject: new here

My daughter is 3 now and has terrible self abuse! She hits and bites herself and rages. She has improved a lot with biomedical but the behaviors are still there.

Guest guest

...mine will be 3 in two weeks...we had these issues too...if you ever need to run things by someone..feel free to email me off group....for now I will say that we've worked through a ton of this....through sensory, good whole foods, everyday vitamins, therapy...as well as we had to add medication...he was too out of control...the Self Injury was getting really dangerous...I know all the "controvery" over meds.....but each of us has to do what our gut tells us to do...for us...we've made the right decision....

If I can help in anyway... ljdjd1234@...

God love you,

e

From: Christiansen <cathychristiansen84@...>autism Sent: Fri, October 9, 2009 4:11:43 PMSubject: new here

My daughter is 3 now and has terrible self abuse! She hits and bites herself and rages. She has improved a lot with biomedical but the behaviors are still there.

Guest guest

well I am not sure on the rules of what I can say on here. I know dosages are not allowed and I wouldn't say anyway because I think it needs to be special for each child by a DAN! dr. We found a DAN! dr in our area(defeat autism now) we did a urine test to see what was happening in her body. Then we tried to treat her with some natural and regular medical medicines. We are doing biomedical which is a lot lot lot of supplements(cod liver oil, folic acid, multivitamin etc.) she is on about 20 different kinds. She also needed the most powerful probiotic we could find. After all this we are hoping in a few months to do chelation to remove metals. We also took away cow's dairy of all kinds. The methyl b12 shot has given us the most improvement though in all aspects of her life it is VERY important for my

child to take.

Subject: Re: new here

AutismBehaviorProbl emsgroups (DOT) com

Guest guest

well I am not sure on the rules of what I can say on here. I know dosages are not allowed and I wouldn't say anyway because I think it needs to be special for each child by a DAN! dr. We found a DAN! dr in our area(defeat autism now) we did a urine test to see what was happening in her body. Then we tried to treat her with some natural and regular medical medicines. We are doing biomedical which is a lot lot lot of supplements(cod liver oil, folic acid, multivitamin etc.) she is on about 20 different kinds. She also needed the most powerful probiotic we could find. After all this we are hoping in a few months to do chelation to remove metals. We also took away cow's dairy of all kinds. The methyl b12 shot has given us the most improvement though in all aspects of her life it is VERY important for my

child to take.

Subject: Re: new here

Guest guest

What kind of meds worked for your child?From: Two Blessings <ljdjd1234@...>Subject: Re: new hereautism Date: Friday, October 9, 2009, 8:50 PM

...mine will be 3 in two weeks...we had these issues too...if you ever need to run things by someone..feel free to email me off group....for now I will say that we've worked through a ton of this....through sensory, good whole foods, everyday vitamins, therapy...as well as we had to add medication.. .he was too out of control...the Self Injury was getting really dangerous... I know all the "controvery" over meds.....but each of us has to do what our gut tells us to do...for us...we've made the right decision....

If I can help in anyway... ljdjd1234 (DOT) com

God love you,

e

From: Christiansen <cathychristiansen84 @>AutismBehaviorProbl emsgroups (DOT) comSent: Fri, October 9, 2009 4:11:43 PMSubject: new here

Guest guest

We had a lot lot lot of aggressive behaviors before the diagnosis too. that was very hard. It was never directed at other children. She didn't know they existed then. She just hurt herself and looked at me like see what I can do. that was really the only eye contact she gave me. I cried all the time.ALL THE TIME. I am 25. Not that that means anything but I am not very experienced with children and this was not at all what I was expecting when I got pregnant. I was so sad that my child wanted to hurt herself and no one seemed to know why! We are doing much better now. This site would have been very helpful about a year ago. But it is nice to think back on that garbage and now know we are doing much better. Those tendencies still come out a little but nothing like in the

past. She now can talk (with serious intervention we pulled out speech) and she is healing slowly and I know those two things have eased her mood greatly. CAthyFrom: crmbueno@... <crmbueno@...>Subject: RE: new hereautism Date: Saturday, October 10, 2009, 1:24 AM

First, welcome to the group! There are a lot of caring and knowlegable moms and grandmoms here.

Second, my son went thru something similar at that age. Whenever we said it was time to leave somewhere that he was having fun, he would get

When he would be corrected also he would roll his eyes upward and just let himself fall backwards.

This was before his ASD diagnosis. I belive the head hitting was fustration of the transition of event. He also has speech fustration back then. His older sister would translate a lot until we stop her and let him work it out.

Guest guest

We had a lot lot lot of aggressive behaviors before the diagnosis too. that was very hard. It was never directed at other children. She didn't know they existed then. She just hurt herself and looked at me like see what I can do. that was really the only eye contact she gave me. I cried all the time.ALL THE TIME. I am 25. Not that that means anything but I am not very experienced with children and this was not at all what I was expecting when I got pregnant. I was so sad that my child wanted to hurt herself and no one seemed to know why! We are doing much better now. This site would have been very helpful about a year ago. But it is nice to think back on that garbage and now know we are doing much better. Those tendencies still come out a little but nothing like in the

past. She now can talk (with serious intervention we pulled out speech) and she is healing slowly and I know those two things have eased her mood greatly. CAthyFrom: crmbueno@... <crmbueno@...>Subject: RE: new hereautism Date: Saturday, October 10, 2009, 1:24 AM

First, welcome to the group! There are a lot of caring and knowlegable moms and grandmoms here.

Second, my son went thru something similar at that age. Whenever we said it was time to leave somewhere that he was having fun, he would get

When he would be corrected also he would roll his eyes upward and just let himself fall backwards.

This was before his ASD diagnosis. I belive the head hitting was fustration of the transition of event. He also has speech fustration back then. His older sister would translate a lot until we stop her and let him work it out.

Guest guest

that is wonderful that the B12 shot has given your daughter so much

improvement.

We say pretty much what we want to say, but we all try to be very positive and

supportive and tolerant of other's opinions. We avoid controversy even though

we may have different opinions. Love and blessings, Pat K

Guest guest

Hi,there, ...how long have you been doing the DAN! approach? - are you seeing a change? I'm happy she is getting lots of good things in her...what concerns me is that maybe too much of a good thing is too much? I know for some kids the supplements alone can hurt there tummies...again I don't know your situation, but I guess I thought you said she was having terrible anxiety....forgive me as I'm so behind on my emails...I think you are the one with the 3 yr old right?? I'm a mess :) -- If you are the one with the three year old that is having anger, and anxiety, do you think maybe she's hurting? Could she be needing some more sensory input...I know lots of our kiddos do.....two wonderful books that I've read are Greenspan's "Engaging Autism" --- as well as "Building

Bridges through sensory integration" -- it talks about the sensory needs some of our child need...

This is what we did for ...ABA, speech, OT (sensory issues needed to be addressed) --- I did floortime with john on my own...Stanley Greenspan...we do fiengold diet, and good wholesome vitamins, not the amount she is on but I do know mom's who choose to go that route....I've been at this since 's been 10 months, as I knew...so I read and read and read....both sides...What we have done works for john -- had SEVERE panic...it was a nightmare..not only for him, but for his sister. He could not go into buildings, could not transition, could not handle the sound of the mower or anything similar...it was screaming most of our day...we were doing everything we were comfortable doing...and then we added something that helps with his anxiety, and everything he learned in ABA, OT< Speech, etc....it all fell into place...it clicked... has made enormous progress since getting his anxiety under control...we do a very tiny bit of

meds...I prefer to stay away from what, as all our kids are different and I would hate for what I say to not work for someone else...but we gave him the tiniest tiniest little dose possible...and within about two weeks he was progressing, within about 6 weeks he was a new child....able to apply everything we spent so much money on -- he no longer screams in buildings, he has more impulse control, he is happier........

We all do Autism differently --- the beauty of this group is that we can all learn from one another...when someones plan works or doesn't we can help the other tweak a little...of course you can mention doses :) We just have very very little infighting, as we accept that each one of us in unique, not one of our kiddos are a like, and not one of us has the "right" answer for everyone....

You keep plugging away...you sound like a good mommy --- it's such a hard job...good work!!!

e

From: Christiansen <cathychristiansen84@...>autism Sent: Sat, October 10, 2009 9:18:37 AMSubject: Re: new here

well I am not sure on the rules of what I can say on here. I know dosages are not allowed and I wouldn't say anyway because I think it needs to be special for each child by a DAN! dr. We found a DAN! dr in our area(defeat autism now) we did a urine test to see what was happening in her body. Then we tried to treat her with some natural and regular medical medicines. We are doing biomedical which is a lot lot lot of supplements( cod liver oil, folic acid, multivitamin etc.) she is on about 20 different kinds. She also needed the most powerful probiotic we could find. After all this we are hoping in a few months to do chelation to remove metals. We also took away cow's dairy of all kinds. The methyl b12 shot has given us the most improvement though in all aspects of her life it is VERY important for my child to take.

From: Wylie <mlwpdb (DOT) com>Subject: Re: new hereAutismBehaviorProbl emsgroups (DOT) comDate: Friday, October 9, 2009, 5:40 PM

Guest guest

Hi,there, ...how long have you been doing the DAN! approach? - are you seeing a change? I'm happy she is getting lots of good things in her...what concerns me is that maybe too much of a good thing is too much? I know for some kids the supplements alone can hurt there tummies...again I don't know your situation, but I guess I thought you said she was having terrible anxiety....forgive me as I'm so behind on my emails...I think you are the one with the 3 yr old right?? I'm a mess :) -- If you are the one with the three year old that is having anger, and anxiety, do you think maybe she's hurting? Could she be needing some more sensory input...I know lots of our kiddos do.....two wonderful books that I've read are Greenspan's "Engaging Autism" --- as well as "Building

Bridges through sensory integration" -- it talks about the sensory needs some of our child need...

This is what we did for ...ABA, speech, OT (sensory issues needed to be addressed) --- I did floortime with john on my own...Stanley Greenspan...we do fiengold diet, and good wholesome vitamins, not the amount she is on but I do know mom's who choose to go that route....I've been at this since 's been 10 months, as I knew...so I read and read and read....both sides...What we have done works for john -- had SEVERE panic...it was a nightmare..not only for him, but for his sister. He could not go into buildings, could not transition, could not handle the sound of the mower or anything similar...it was screaming most of our day...we were doing everything we were comfortable doing...and then we added something that helps with his anxiety, and everything he learned in ABA, OT< Speech, etc....it all fell into place...it clicked... has made enormous progress since getting his anxiety under control...we do a very tiny bit of

meds...I prefer to stay away from what, as all our kids are different and I would hate for what I say to not work for someone else...but we gave him the tiniest tiniest little dose possible...and within about two weeks he was progressing, within about 6 weeks he was a new child....able to apply everything we spent so much money on -- he no longer screams in buildings, he has more impulse control, he is happier........

We all do Autism differently --- the beauty of this group is that we can all learn from one another...when someones plan works or doesn't we can help the other tweak a little...of course you can mention doses :) We just have very very little infighting, as we accept that each one of us in unique, not one of our kiddos are a like, and not one of us has the "right" answer for everyone....

You keep plugging away...you sound like a good mommy --- it's such a hard job...good work!!!

e

From: Christiansen <cathychristiansen84@...>autism Sent: Sat, October 10, 2009 9:18:37 AMSubject: Re: new here

well I am not sure on the rules of what I can say on here. I know dosages are not allowed and I wouldn't say anyway because I think it needs to be special for each child by a DAN! dr. We found a DAN! dr in our area(defeat autism now) we did a urine test to see what was happening in her body. Then we tried to treat her with some natural and regular medical medicines. We are doing biomedical which is a lot lot lot of supplements( cod liver oil, folic acid, multivitamin etc.) she is on about 20 different kinds. She also needed the most powerful probiotic we could find. After all this we are hoping in a few months to do chelation to remove metals. We also took away cow's dairy of all kinds. The methyl b12 shot has given us the most improvement though in all aspects of her life it is VERY important for my child to take.

From: Wylie <mlwpdb (DOT) com>Subject: Re: new hereAutismBehaviorProbl emsgroups (DOT) comDate: Friday, October 9, 2009, 5:40 PM

Guest guest

Hi! I am Lois-Mom to JJ () age.....Almost22! (Oct15th) J took Mental B-12 for a while and it helped him with more speech and calmer acting. But then I think he got overloaded on it and got real hyper so we stopped. How much are you using? J was getting a shot every other day. Lois

Guest guest

Hi! I am Lois-Mom to JJ () age.....Almost22! (Oct15th) J took Mental B-12 for a while and it helped him with more speech and calmer acting. But then I think he got overloaded on it and got real hyper so we stopped. How much are you using? J was getting a shot every other day. Lois

Guest guest

We were diagnosed on November 5 at 2:00pm 2008 and we trying biomedical from the DAN! on Dec 15, 2008. It has been almost a year. Yes we are seeing a HUGE change in our daughter! she used to punch herself in the stomach and pull her hair out and feedings were the worst. she showed big signs that feeding must have caused her pain. These symptoms are still an issue but 90% better now. She used to be anxious but I don't see signs of that now. I have used these methods with nne speech (3 different teachers) Ot, pt, feeding therapy, social dance classes, preschool, floortime, teachh. Do you give hime anxiety meds from a pediatrician or from a DAN! I am not asking what kind of med just who recommended it. My daughter is taking many many thing recommended by our DAN! but some are temprory to get rid of

tummy yuckies. We do urine tests and look for improvements we can compare to before the test. I have proof that nne responds to many different types of meds and most are natural. We have friends that just try things and watch to see if it works but nne isn't always that obvious for us and I want to know that ALL the yuckies are out and don't grow back. She is getting better but I am afraid when we do chelation the bad stuff will relapse. I agree not all kids respond to the same things and some children don't respond at all so we are just happy she is showing that she might recover some day. I am afraid she will have to go to a home or something when we die so really we are just trying to get her to be the best she can be.

Guest guest

We were diagnosed on November 5 at 2:00pm 2008 and we trying biomedical from the DAN! on Dec 15, 2008. It has been almost a year. Yes we are seeing a HUGE change in our daughter! she used to punch herself in the stomach and pull her hair out and feedings were the worst. she showed big signs that feeding must have caused her pain. These symptoms are still an issue but 90% better now. She used to be anxious but I don't see signs of that now. I have used these methods with nne speech (3 different teachers) Ot, pt, feeding therapy, social dance classes, preschool, floortime, teachh. Do you give hime anxiety meds from a pediatrician or from a DAN! I am not asking what kind of med just who recommended it. My daughter is taking many many thing recommended by our DAN! but some are temprory to get rid of

tummy yuckies. We do urine tests and look for improvements we can compare to before the test. I have proof that nne responds to many different types of meds and most are natural. We have friends that just try things and watch to see if it works but nne isn't always that obvious for us and I want to know that ALL the yuckies are out and don't grow back. She is getting better but I am afraid when we do chelation the bad stuff will relapse. I agree not all kids respond to the same things and some children don't respond at all so we are just happy she is showing that she might recover some day. I am afraid she will have to go to a home or something when we die so really we are just trying to get her to be the best she can be.

Guest guest

I don't like talking about dosages but it is the minimum our Dan! recommended. I know what you are saying though. We did every other day for a few months and she started raging the day before she was due so we were told her body was craving it and we needed to increase it. We increased to every other day and she went CRAZY. She was so hyper and just babbling non-sense that we went back to every 3rd day. after about 3 more months we tried again. This time she changed into a different girl. She responded BEAUTIFULLY she spoke full sentences and was much calmer. it just helped her overall with no side affects. We now know that the hyper was just her not being ready and when we gave her more time it was perfect. Do you mean 22 years old or months? nne is 3 years.From: lois noland <jlois@...>Subject: Re: new hereautism Date: Saturday, October 10, 2009, 6:31 PM

Guest guest

I don't like talking about dosages but it is the minimum our Dan! recommended. I know what you are saying though. We did every other day for a few months and she started raging the day before she was due so we were told her body was craving it and we needed to increase it. We increased to every other day and she went CRAZY. She was so hyper and just babbling non-sense that we went back to every 3rd day. after about 3 more months we tried again. This time she changed into a different girl. She responded BEAUTIFULLY she spoke full sentences and was much calmer. it just helped her overall with no side affects. We now know that the hyper was just her not being ready and when we gave her more time it was perfect. Do you mean 22 years old or months? nne is 3 years.From: lois noland <jlois@...>Subject: Re: new hereautism Date: Saturday, October 10, 2009, 6:31 PM

Guest guest

22 years old! Beleive me been there done that with alot of it. I ran the autism society here in Hagerstown Md for 13 years. I WISH I knew and COULD do some of the things that are out there now.J lost that "window" of opperturity (around 3-4) as they didn't have things they have now. J still sees a DAN! dr every 6 months are so.

Its no big deal to talk about the dosages here......For one thing you have to have a Dr's script to get the B-12 and/or any other method (drugs and such). And that will be up to the Dr. to decide on. Lois