RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hi

So where do you do your journal? is it on here somewhere or?

Would love to see how others do theirs.

Mandy

Re: new member

Sara Welcome. Start a journal TODAY... Do an inventory. What is your weight, how are your portions, emotions, water, sleep, exercise, or anything you want to change in 2007. Set a time aredo in a few weeks and that is your report card on how you are doing.

Send instant messages to your online friends http://au.messenger.

Guest guest

Hi Shirley

I am doing the WW points plan. I have read the online Weight Watcher site for the USA and they point things differently from us in New Zealand but I know I have lost 33 kilos (72.6 pounds) but in 2 years. I lost 22 kilos in my first year and last year I was more interested in doing lots and lots of physical things that the weight wasn't on my mind.

This year I am aiming to go from 273 pounds to 220 by December 2007. That is around a pound a week.

I am going to go to my gym twice a week and also a personal training session with my trainer and one day a week aqua jogging so I can mix up my exercise.

I have also been told by my WW leaders that I need to still treat myself each week with something that I like or my body will feel deprived so I am going to stick to that too.

I hope this is what you were looking for Shirley

Happy New Year

Mandy (New Zealand)

Welcome Sara! That is a good question... what are the different dieting approaches being used here? Like Atkins, The Food Movers, Foods low on the Glycemic index? This could be something useful for us to talk about. When I was pregnant with my first child, I was sick a lot and had gained too much weight so the doctor at that time put me on a diet where you would substitute red meat for white meat like chicken and fish, white cheese instead of yellow cheese, no pasta, whole grains instead of refined breads and such and no sugar. It was like a low fat and low carb diet and it was working. I am wondering if I should do that or if I should do the Atkins. Right after Chloe my youngest was born, I went on the Atkins and in the first 3 months I had lost 69 pounds... these both are two approaches that I have done and are easy to look at what you are doing and know exactly what to do. I struggle with the more

complex dieting ideas. Looking at the two options I gave above, after the initial induction on Atkins, you can have things like whipped cream and fruit. I have a few of the SImmons dance videos... the latin and disco and one other. Its fun to dance the pounds away. I have a few other videos and a few pieces of equipment... Like Sara, I would love to hear what approaches each of you are doing... Thanks,

Shirleythequeen_b60 <thequeen_b60> wrote:

Hi I am a new member to this group. I hope by being a member I can finally make the necessary changes to me body.I am curently 285 lbs I was 314.I am 5'11". I have so wanted to lose this weight but am unsure what I am doing wrong and why it takes so long to lose it.So I am so happy I found this group on any suggestions or encouragement is well appreciated. Oh I forget my name is Sara.

____________ _________ _________ _________ _________ __

Guest guest

Well done on doing the crunches and biking and the cleaning... it all adds up doesn't it!

Mandy

270.6 lbs

Hi I am a new member to this group. I hope by being a member I can finally make the necessary changes to me body.I am curently 285 lbs I was 314.I am 5'11". I have so wanted to lose this weight but am unsure what I am doing wrong and why it takes so long to lose it.So I am so happy I found this group on any suggestions or encouragement is well appreciated. Oh I forget my name is Sara.

Guest guest

Mandy, Yes, that was what I was curious about. 72.6 pounds? Wow! That is impressive. I had my youngest daughter on April 25th of 2003 and I went into the doctor's office just after on May 1, 2003 and I was 294. I about cried. I couldn't believe that I had gotten that high up. I have yo yo ed as I have told you during having kids and such, but my lowest point after Chloe was in July 2004, I was down to 208. That is when my best friend in the world died and slowly since then I have gained back. By last December, well December 2005 I was up to 260 and I am guessing I am somewhere around 270 right now. I think its great you have stuck it out. That is hard to do. Before Chloe, but after my second child, my highest weight was 265 and I got down to 190. But you see with my yo yo ing its because I got disenchanted with things or had kids

and got sick ... a lot of people don't realize that with being sick and bed ridden due to hyper tension or high blood pressure that its easy to gain weight. Not a total excuse, but I know you will keep yours off. I am very proud of you. Anyways, I wish you luck on your journey and I know you can do it! Shirley in CO Chubbymum <chubbymum@...> wrote: Hi Shirley I am doing the WW points plan. I have read the online Weight Watcher site for the USA and they point things differently from us in New Zealand but I know I have lost 33 kilos (72.6 pounds) but in 2 years. I lost 22 kilos in my first year and last year I was more interested in doing lots and lots of physical things that the weight wasn't on my mind. This year I am aiming to go from 273 pounds to 220 by December 2007. That is around a pound a week. I am going to go to my gym twice a week and also a personal training session with my trainer and one day a week aqua jogging so I can mix up my exercise. I have also been told by my WW leaders that I need to still treat myself each week with something that I like or my body will feel deprived so I am going to stick to that too. I hope this is what you were looking for Shirley

Happy New Year Mandy (New Zealand) Re: new member Welcome Sara! That is a good question... what are the different dieting approaches being used here? Like Atkins, The Food Movers, Foods low on the Glycemic index? This could be something useful for us to talk about. When I was pregnant with my first child, I was

sick a lot and had gained too much weight so the doctor at that time put me on a diet where you would substitute red meat for white meat like chicken and fish, white cheese instead of yellow cheese, no pasta, whole grains instead of refined breads and such and no sugar. It was like a low fat and low carb diet and it was working. I am wondering if I should do that or if I should do the Atkins. Right after Chloe my youngest was born, I went on the Atkins and in the first 3 months I had lost 69 pounds... these both are two approaches that I have done and are easy to look at what you are doing and know exactly what to do. I struggle with the more complex dieting ideas. Looking at the two options I gave above, after the initial induction on Atkins, you can have things like whipped cream and fruit. I have a few of the SImmons dance videos... the latin and disco and one other. Its fun to dance the pounds away. I have a few

other videos and a few pieces of equipment... Like Sara, I would love to hear what approaches each of you are doing... Thanks, Shirleythequeen_b60 <thequeen_b60> wrote: Hi I am a new member to this group. I hope by being a member I can finally make the necessary changes to me body.I am curently 285 lbs I was 314.I am 5'11". I have so wanted to lose this weight but am unsure what I am doing wrong and why it takes so long to lose it.So I am so happy I found this group on any suggestions or encouragement is well appreciated. Oh I forget my name is Sara. ____________ _________ _________ _________ _________ __

Guest guest

, Thank you! I have heard about that. The slower it comes off as you said, the more likely it is to stay off. 24 pounds and you can eat whatever you want! WOW. That is sooo awesome. Congrats! :) ShirleyABrite@... wrote: In a message dated 1/1/2007 9:45:22 A.M. Pacific Standard Time, shiri.mama writes: That is a good question... what are the different dieting approaches being used here? Like Atkins, The Food Movers, Foods low on the Glycemic index? IMHO and this is strictly my opinion, I would not choose something like Atkins or any other plan that limits or omits total food groups. Sure, you are going to lose a ton of weight while you follow them, but is it something that you can and will follow for the rest of your life and if not, what happens then? I've heard most folks gain it all back when they start re-introducing the offending food group. I am following Thin Within, which is a Christian approach to Intuitive Eating - using our body's natural hunger/fullness cues. I've lost 24 lbs in 1.5 years, which, sure it is

S-L-O-W, but I am still losing, so I will take it. I get crazy with the counting, etc that are involved with WW and points, calories, you know? I walk and go to Curves and have a few exercise DVDs now for my indoor days. __________________________________________________

Guest guest

Thanks Shirley

I totally understand that life contributes to gaining. I gained about 60 pound when my dad died 6 years ago and quite frankly couldn't be bothered worrying about my weight.

But now is a different story and I want to get this weight off and keep it off. It has taken me 2 years on the 11 January to lose the 72 pounds (I have to convert from kilos so I am not sure if you do round the number up or what?) he he he.

Mandy

270.6 lbs

Welcome Sara! That is a good question... what are the different dieting approaches being used here? Like Atkins, The Food Movers, Foods low on the Glycemic index? This could be something useful for us to talk about. When I was pregnant with my first child, I was sick a lot and had gained too much weight so the doctor at that time put me on a diet where you would substitute red meat for white meat like chicken and fish, white cheese instead of yellow cheese, no pasta, whole grains instead of refined breads and such and no sugar. It was like a low fat and low carb diet and it was working. I am wondering if I should do that or if I should do the Atkins. Right after Chloe my youngest was born, I went on the Atkins and in the first 3 months I had lost 69 pounds... these both are two approaches that I have done and are easy to look at what you are doing and know exactly what to do. I struggle with the more

complex dieting ideas. Looking at the two options I gave above, after the initial induction on Atkins, you can have things like whipped cream and fruit. I have a few of the SImmons dance videos... the latin and disco and one other. Its fun to dance the pounds away. I have a few other videos and a few pieces of equipment... Like Sara, I would love to hear what approaches each of you are doing... Thanks,

Shirleythequeen_b60 <thequeen_b60> wrote:

____________ _________ _________ _________ _________ __

Guest guest

I personally use a paper journal. Spent $2 at the dollar store for hard cover to it. BUT I have been known to do a notebook. This year I added a page to my control journal (flylady) that has 2 weeks worth of spaces to log exercise, water, and a few other to do's. Hoping this will help with routines. I also have a little book for my food journal. I want to invest in a NEW WW journal when and IF I start back. BUT I am not going to not joining stop me.

NH. 246.6

Guest guest

>I can

> finally make the necessary changes to me body.I am curently 285 lbs I

> was 314.I am 5'11 " .

Looks like you're doing good so far. What's the problem?

>I have so wanted to lose this weight but am unsure

> what I am doing wrong and why it takes so long to lose it.

You should aim for only a 1-2 pound loss a week with the occasional plateaus

and regains due to time of month, sodium intake, muscle gain, etc. How long

did it take you to lose the above and *how* did you do it? That is, are you

following any particular weight loss plan or just watching what you eat?

Sue in NJ

Guest guest

In a message dated 1/1/2007 11:04:17 P.M. Pacific Standard Time, shiri.mama@... writes:

24 pounds and you can eat whatever you want! WOW. That is sooo awesome.

LOL - while "everything is permissible, not everything is beneficial" - so I do try to be mindful of what I am eating and make better choices. I wish I could live on pizza, pepsi, popcorn and ice cream LOL!!

Guest guest

Hi Carolina - welcome to you also - same questions: what are your goals, and how do you plan to get there?

Guest guest

>

> " I am following Thin Within " , - I read that book and it was good and

made a lot of sense. But I am not disciplined enough to follow a plan

like that.>

> " I get crazy with the counting, etc that are involved with WW and

points,

> calories " - that was one thing I didn't like about WW - I was

thinking more about food than before I started it. How many points

for this, I was thinking about food ALL the time (when I was only

thinking about it 90% of the time before then LOL)

>

Guest guest

Welcome Carolina! Nice to meet you. Where are you from? I am Shirley and I am from Colorado. I am a single mom of 3 and joined just a couple of days ago. Happy New Years! ShirleyAngel <loislane_46@...> wrote: Hi! Just wanted to introduce myself. I'm Carolina. I wanted to get 2007 off to a good start and figured this would be a good place to get good support in my plan to eating healthy.How are all of you

today?Carolina __________________________________________________

Guest guest

Hi Carolina

I am new too!!

Welcome

Mandy

Hi! Just wanted to introduce myself. I'm Carolina. I wanted to get 2007 off to a good start and figured this would be a good place to get good support in my plan to eating healthy.How are all of you today?Carolina

Guest guest

Welcome Carolina! how much do you need to lose and what are your plans for doing that? Live, Love, Laugh

Hi! Just wanted to introduce myself. I'm Carolina. I wanted to get 2007 off to a good start and figured this would be a good place to get good support in my plan to eating healthy.How are all of you today?Carolina

Guest guest

Hi ,

Thanks for the warm welcome. I need to lose 150. I was doing a

real good program that I will be following again. Can't name that

one here as far as I know, but it is the one where you eat for your

body type. I lost 35 pounds on it and ended up having to take

prednisone due to a horrible infection in my lungs and it made me

gain that back in 2 weeks. And my eating didn't even change. And

now I'm having a problem getting it off again. I still stop in at

the web site that I use, but I just felt I needed other support as

well.

I cut out the salt and sugar. I limit the oil and I learned that I

have to stay-away from red meat. So its chicken, fish, carb

friendly foods. I can't eat bread either. That's a big no no. And

rice works better than potatoes. I have loads of recipes that I use

and are very tasty.

I hope that gives you a hint as to what program I am using.

Thanks again for the welcome.

Carolina

>

> Welcome Carolina! how much do you need to lose and what are your

plans for doing that?

>

>

> Live, Love, Laugh

>

>

>

> New Member

>

> Hi! Just wanted to introduce myself. I'm Carolina. I wanted to get

> 2007 off to a good start and figured this would be a good place to

get

> good support in my plan to eating healthy.

>

> How are all of you today?

>

> Carolina

> .

>

Guest guest

NH,

I just explained to what plan I'm using. Hope you don't mind

me if I don't repeat it.

Thanks for that super welcome. I appreciate it. I'm looking forward

to losing the 150 pounds and become healthy. One thing I didn't

mention in my reply to was the exercise program I use. I use

walking tapes plus I also use a #@!@ rythms...LOL....just love latin

dance. And that works so well on the waist line. I would tell anyone

who has a waist problem to use that. I do plan on investing in a

piece of equipment from bo-flex. They have some really awsome

pieces. I have a gazelle that I use too. I was losing weight while

staying within my cardio heart range. But if I went over the right

rate for me it wouldn't work. Weird, but it works.

So what plan are you using?

Carolina

>

> carolina welcome. what program are you chosing?

>

> NH.

> 246.6

>

Guest guest

----- Original Message -----

> I was doing a real good program that I will be following again. Can't

> name that

one here as far as I know, but it is the one where you eat for your

body type.

Why can't you name it here? I've been on this list for years and it's not

forbidden to talk about any program although people might give input if they

think something is unhealthy.

Ann

Guest guest

> I use

> walking tapes plus

Many of us here swear by the Sansone videos. I've been using her

stuff since her big-hair days back in the early 80's, when she was still

Tomasello.

>I also use a #@!@ rythms...LOL....just love latin

> dance. And that works so well on the waist line.

A lot of ladies also swear that belly dancing is great exercise, especially

for us larger gals.

Sue in NJ

wondering if your name is Angel, Carolina, or Lois

Guest guest

I have used Sansone too....I am just so bored with her. I

can't stand the music. I like something a little more up to date

when it comes to background music. I know it works because you're

moving, just too darned boring for me.

I did my Rythms DVD last night and OMG....it has been a little while

since I used that. I try to do 45 minutes 3 nights/week and 20

minutes 2 nights/week. That works out great for me. But their 20

minute session is definitely high impact...good thing I know how to

stay within my own cardio heart rate.

Time to grab my lunch. Having turkey today...Later all.

Carolina

>

> > I use

> > walking tapes plus

>

> Many of us here swear by the Sansone videos. I've been

using her

> stuff since her big-hair days back in the early 80's, when she was

still

> Tomasello.

>

>

> >I also use a #@!@ rythms...LOL....just love latin

> > dance. And that works so well on the waist line.

>

> A lot of ladies also swear that belly dancing is great exercise,

especially

> for us larger gals.

>

>

> Sue in NJ

> wondering if your name is Angel, Carolina, or Lois

>

Guest guest

Carolina, Welcome! When I was pregnant with Kaylee my oldest, I had gained too much weight, I gained 90 pounds.. so to safely lose a few pounds before the baby was born, the doctor put me on a diet that sounds similar to what you are talking about. He said, if you have bread it has to be whole grains to make your body have to work harder to digest it. White cheese instead of yellow cheese, on salads instead of dressing try low fact cottage cheese, no pasta, white meat instead of red... things like that. I wish you the best on your efforts. Shirley in COAngel <loislane_46@...> wrote: Hi ,Thanks for the warm welcome. I need to lose 150. I was doing a real good program that I will be following again. Can't name that one here as far as I know, but it is the one where you eat for your body type. I lost 35 pounds on it and ended up having to take prednisone due to a horrible infection in my lungs and it made me gain that back in 2 weeks. And my eating didn't even change. And now I'm having a problem getting it off again. I still stop in at the web site that I use, but I just felt I needed other support as well.I cut out the salt and sugar. I limit the oil and I learned that I have to stay-away from red meat. So its chicken, fish, carb friendly foods. I can't eat bread either. That's a big no no. And rice works better than potatoes. I have loads of

recipes that I use and are very tasty.I hope that gives you a hint as to what program I am using.Thanks again for the welcome.Carolina>> Welcome Carolina! how much do you need to lose and what are your plans for doing that? > > > Live, Love, Laugh> > > > New Member> > Hi! Just wanted to introduce myself. I'm Carolina. I wanted to get > 2007 off to a good start and figured this would be a good place to get > good support in my plan to eating healthy.> > How

are all of you today?> > Carolina> .> __________________________________________________

Guest guest

In a message dated 1/5/2007 9:24:07 A.M. Pacific Standard Time, loislane_46@... writes:

I have used Sansone too....I am just so bored with her.

Yes, "this" is why I have 3 workout DVDs from different folks, so it isn't all the same when indoors. Look at half.com or eBay and see if you can get some good deals, or thrift stores then you can have more variety.

Guest guest

Hi Tammy-welcome! I don't know much about the food mover, so will learn with you LOL!!