RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Welcome! This is a great place for support and motivation! It has kept me on my toes.

<><Judges 10: 13-14Help Meet to for 9 yearsHome School Mommy to 3Hoping to adopt #4www.pjacademy.blogspot.com Highest Weight 235Current Weight 190Goal Weight 130 =)

Guest guest

In a message dated 11/12/2006 6:27:23 AM Pacific Standard Time, sfjeffers@... writes:

Hi everyone I am going to do it. I have lost over 100 pounds twice and now have gain half back. I swear I don't know why. I am not saying I am perfect but my eating isn't that bad. I am always aware and try to becareful. I have my days when I know i do bad. I have kinda slowed down now and I need to nip it in the bud right now. I have had knee replacement surgery and if i don't lose i will be replacing them again and i sure don't want to go through that again. Any suggestions on how to get through that first day or even to start that first day.

Hello and welcome to our group. Great job nipping this in the bud early this time. Suggestions: one day at a time. Maybe one day focus on water, journaling food, or exercise, etc until everything is routine again. How did you lose the 100+ lbs before? WW, sensible eating and exercise, etc or something else?

Guest guest

Hi Sandy losing the weight is a good thing for you I have a sight you might be interested in it's called Sparkpeople.com check it out it is amazing and they have a group on there that need to lose a hundred or more so maybe you can join them and see what happens.....Good luck to you on your journey

Tema

Hi everyone I am going to do it. I have lost over 100 pounds twice and now have gain half back. I swear I don't know why. I am not saying I am perfect but my eating isn't that bad. I am always aware and try to becareful. I have my days when I know i do bad. I have kinda slowed down now and I need to nip it in the bud right now. I have had knee replacement surgery and if i don't lose i will be replacing them again and i sure don't want to go through that again. Any suggestions on how to get through that first day or even to start that first day.

Guest guest

This might sound mean, but I don't intend for it to be that way... I

would suggest professional counseling. If you have lost more than 100

pounds - TWICE - and gained all of it back and now half again, I think

there might be some underlying emotional reason that you are not

keeping the weight off. Why would you go through all the time, work,

and hard effort to lose the weight only to put it right back on -

TWICE??? That question needs to be addressed before you can really

hope that you will be able to keep the weight off this time. I think

a professional therapist could help you find the answer, and maybe

save you from having to go through this again. Good luck!

>

> Hi everyone I am going to do it. I have lost over 100 pounds twice

and

> now have gain half back. I swear I don't know why. I am not saying I

am

> perfect but my eating isn't that bad. I am always aware and try to

> becareful. I have my days when I know i do bad. I have kinda slowed

> down now and I need to nip it in the bud right now. I have had knee

> replacement surgery and if i don't lose i will be replacing them

again

> and i sure don't want to go through that again. Any suggestions on

how

> to get through that first day or even to start that first day.

>

Guest guest

JOURNAL JOURNAL JOURNAL... Water, exercise, and portions are key in any diet. Make better choices. Baby steps.

NHMom to AbnEm...

Guest guest

I had a motivation to lose before. I needed knee replacment surgery and they wouldn't do it until I had lost weight. It was hard and slow but i did it. I ate sensibly and I do go to tops which gives me a scale I have to face each week. But it isn't enough anymore. I don't want the stomach surgery it scares me. I know eating sensibly is the answer but i just can't seem to stick to it long enough. I guess i am just tired of dieting. More like burnt out. I want to do it so bad that i think i try to hard and I can't stick to it. I know what i have to do i just need to do it.

Re: New member

In a message dated 11/12/2006 6:27:23 AM Pacific Standard Time, sfjefferscomcast (DOT) net writes:

Hello and welcome to our group. Great job nipping this in the bud early this time. Suggestions: one day at a time. Maybe one day focus on water, journaling food, or exercise, etc until everything is routine again. How did you lose the 100+ lbs before? WW, sensible eating and exercise, etc or something else?

Guest guest

Hi Athena,

Welcome, and no this isn't typical. Sometimes however there is a post that spurns emotion and this was one of those situations.

Dr. ph Medlin D.C.Spine Tree Chiropractic1627 NE Alberta St. #6Portland, OR 97211Ph: 503-788-6800c: 503-889-6204

Being in solo practice can be isolating. So, I joined this listserve to devlop an internet community and brainstorm with other DCs in Oregon.I just joined three days ago. I have to say that I am appalled by the back and forth postings with Mr. Brad Welker. I am not just appalled by Brad himself, but everyone else as well. It seems like a "pissing match." There is a place and time for everything, but this listserve does not seem like it is the correct venue. Possibly setting up a round-table/forum in person might be a good idea for those that are interested in actually learing and teaching not dictating or preaching their "right" way. On a side note, I have to say that I am very impressed with how much time has been devoted to this. I have been wanting to respond for a couple of days now, but I am so busy that I do not have enough time in the day to be on the computer that much. Enough said. That is all I want to mention about that matter.Oh, one more thing...let's not forget that it is not just the almighty adjustment that helps people. Don't forget our patients come to us for help and guidance. We are not God. We are merely facilitators of their health. Don't forget that compassion, clinical knowledge, good bed-side manner and the love of chiropractic are on the same playing field as "adjusting," no matter what technique is used.Wait one last thing...sorry! Both my grandparents, great aunts and uncles and my great-grandparents were all chiropractors. They would always tell me that we need to stick together despite our differences because chiropractic is a wonderful way of life. Okay, I am done, really! :-)But I do have one question...Is this the norm on this listserve? Because if it is, I don't need to waste my precious time reading through all the banter postings to find a small gem of good information that might be helpful to me in my practice and to my patients, as well as helping answer questions from others.Please let me know.Sincerely,Athena Zahn, D.C.Portland, Oregon

Guest guest

In a message dated 11/13/2006 10:08:26 AM Pacific Standard Time, sfjeffers@... writes:

I guess i am just tired of dieting. More like burnt out.

It happens - that's why I say diets don't work. They lead to boredom, feelings of deprivation, etc. Have you read any of the non-diet books out there: Intuitive Eating and the like?

Guest guest

Hi Janice, and WELCOME! These ladies here are fabulous! I am looking forward to getting to know you! Blessed be,

Guest guest

Thanks for the welcome .. Sorry It took me so long to respond, I have been working long hours. I love the the articles to read. I'm starting back on my exercise today. JaniceABrite@... wrote: Hi Janice - welcome! Looking forward to getting to know you too!!

Sponsored LinkRates near 39yr lows. $420,000 Loan for $1399/mo - Calculate new house payment

Guest guest

Thanks for the welcome . I'm looking forward to this group. Love your weight loss meter. have a great day! Janice <ib_domesticdiva@...> wrote: Hi Janice, and WELCOME! These ladies here are fabulous! I am looking forward to getting to know you! Blessed be,

Sponsored LinkRates near 39yr lows. $420,000 Loan for $1399/mo - Calculate new house payment

Guest guest

Tara,

Hey there. I am new here myself. I joined about a week ago, and for

the same reason - to get support from people who understand where we

are coming from. Like you, I am creeping up on 300 pounds and

though I have never been skinny, I have been athletic and healthy.

I look back on pictures on myself when I was in my early 20's, when

I weighed 180 pounds and wanted to lose 25 - how good I looked and

was just so hard on myself back then.

I think it is great that you were able to adopt, and hope you are

able to do so. And what great motivation. I have a wonderful

husband, but no kids - and no plans for kids. I love kids, I have

18 nieces and nephews whom I am crazy about and do spoil a little

bit since I don't have kids. I guess I am just destined to be the

favorite old aunt.

Everyone here has such good advice - and I've been able to take bits

and pieces of what people say and tried to work out a plan for

myself. The key is understanding there is no quick fix and that no

one plan is going to work for everyone. We all know what we need to

do to lose weight - eat right and exercise, but beyond that you need

to find a plan that works for you and that you can live with.

Because if you can't live with it - it won't be permanent.

I don't know what anyone else does on New Year's, but I usually sit

down with my journals (I've been keeping a journal since I was 18)

and just re-read them. It helps me to see where I've been, what

I've accomplished not in the current year, but in previous years. I

have a tendancy to have a short memory - things may have been not

great this year compared to last year, but compared to a few years

ago, things are great. One thing I noticed this year - I usually

give myself big projects - finishing college, buying a house, going

back and finishing a second degree - I didn't really have any big

projects for this year after I graduated. But I have already

decided that my big project for this year is to get myself on the

right road to health - if I give myself a specific goal like losing

100 pounds in a year or something like that, I will become obsessed

with the scale.

Anyway, welcome.

BJ

Guest guest

In a message dated 12/28/2006 6:07:32 A.M. Pacific Standard Time, bjrichey30@... writes:

I don't know what anyone else does on New Year's, but I usually sit down with my journals (I've been keeping a journal since I was 18) and just re-read them. It helps me to see where I've been, what I've accomplished not in the current year, but in previous years.

That's a neat way to spend new year's!

Guest guest

Welcome Alana

Where are you located, and what treatment have you had?

Jo in SW Michigan

>

> Hello there. My name is Alana and i just found this group whilst on

> night duty. Was diagnosed 12 years ago when i was 12 y/o. I thought

i

> was the only person having problems on Christmas Day!, typically on

> the day that revolves around food huh? and its all the good stuff!

> Just wanted to thank all those who have recently posted and

> congratulate you all for being so supportive. I look forward to

> corresponding with you all in the near future.

> Kind regards, Alana.

>

Guest guest

Welcome Alana to the group.

My son was also diagnosed at age 12 and has undergone 2 operations

and we hope no more!

Just wanted to welcome you to the group and if ya have any questions

just jump on in and ask away.Everyone here is great.

Tonia

>

> Hello there. My name is Alana and i just found this group whilst

on

> night duty. Was diagnosed 12 years ago when i was 12 y/o. I

thought i

> was the only person having problems on Christmas Day!, typically

on

> the day that revolves around food huh? and its all the good stuff!

> Just wanted to thank all those who have recently posted and

> congratulate you all for being so supportive. I look forward to

> corresponding with you all in the near future.

> Kind regards, Alana.

>

Guest guest

Sara Welcome. Start a journal TODAY... Do an inventory. What is your weight, how are your portions, emotions, water, sleep, exercise, or anything you want to change in 2007. Set a time aredo in a few weeks and that is your report card on how you are doing.

Guest guest

Welcome Sara! This is a great place to be. What do you mean you're doing something wrong - you went from 314 to 285! That's a great start. We didn't put it on overnight and we can't take it off that quick - besides the slower it comes off the more likely it is to stay off. Do you use the foodmover, WW or some other plan? Do you journal - I like www.sparkpeople.com It's free and a great source of information. Are you getting enough water? What kind of workouts are you doing?

You'll find lots of support here :) Live, Love, Laugh

Hi I am a new member to this group. I hope by being a member I can finally make the necessary changes to me body.I am curently 285 lbs I was 314.I am 5'11". I have so wanted to lose this weight but am unsure what I am doing wrong and why it takes so long to lose it.So I am so happy I found this group on any suggestions or encouragement is well appreciated. Oh I forget my name is Sara.

Guest guest

In a message dated 1/1/2007 4:57:31 A.M. Pacific Standard Time, thequeen_b60@... writes:

Hi I am a new member to this group. I hope by being a member I can finally make the necessary changes to me body.I am curently 285 lbs I was 314.I am 5'11". I have so wanted to lose this weight but am unsure what I am doing wrong and why it takes so long to lose it.So I am so happy I found this group on any suggestions or encouragement is well appreciated.

Hi Sara-

Well, for starters losing 30 lbs is nothing that is wrong - that is great!! How long did it take you to lose that weight? How old are you? As we get older, it gets "harder" - so they say. It has taken me a year and a half to lose 24 lbs, so I am right with you. I am 39 and have 3 kids. Someone... Sue, Ann maybe... says that when you enter peri-menopause that slows down the process also.

Keep up the good work!!

Guest guest

In a message dated 1/1/2007 9:45:22 A.M. Pacific Standard Time, shiri.mama@... writes:

That is a good question... what are the different dieting approaches being used here? Like Atkins, The Food Movers, Foods low on the Glycemic index?

IMHO and this is strictly my opinion, I would not choose something like Atkins or any other plan that limits or omits total food groups. Sure, you are going to lose a ton of weight while you follow them, but is it something that you can and will follow for the rest of your life and if not, what happens then? I've heard most folks gain it all back when they start re-introducing the offending food group.

I am following Thin Within, which is a Christian approach to Intuitive Eating - using our body's natural hunger/fullness cues. I've lost 24 lbs in 1.5 years, which, sure it is S-L-O-W, but I am still losing, so I will take it.

I get crazy with the counting, etc that are involved with WW and points, calories, you know?

I walk and go to Curves and have a few exercise DVDs now for my indoor days.

Guest guest

thanks Jase I will.SaraJase04567@... wrote: Sara Welcome. Start a journal TODAY... Do an inventory. What is your weight, how are your portions, emotions, water, sleep, exercise, or anything you want to change in 2007. Set a time aredo in a few weeks and that is your report card on how you are doing. attitudes are the prophet of your furure!!! __________________________________________________

Guest guest

Hey ,well I walk 5 days a week 2 miles.I do weights.I suppose I did not pay attention to my portions and what I was eating at first but now I am.I am not on any specific diet or plan I just wanted to change so I stared in oct 06.Sara <bryefield@...> wrote: Welcome Sara! This is a great place to be. What do you mean you're doing something wrong - you went from 314 to 285! That's a great start. We didn't

put it on overnight and we can't take it off that quick - besides the slower it comes off the more likely it is to stay off. Do you use the foodmover, WW or some other plan? Do you journal - I like www.sparkpeople.com It's free and a great source of information. Are you getting enough water? What kind of workouts are you doing? You'll find lots of support here :) Live, Love, Laugh new member Hi I am a new member to this group. I hope by being a member I can

finally make the necessary changes to me body.I am curently 285 lbs I was 314.I am 5'11". I have so wanted to lose this weight but am unsure what I am doing wrong and why it takes so long to lose it.So I am so happy I found this group on any suggestions or encouragement is well appreciated. Oh I forget my name is Sara. attitudes are the prophet of your furure!!! __________________________________________________

Guest guest

Welcome Sara! That is a good question... what are the different dieting approaches being used here? Like Atkins, The Food Movers, Foods low on the Glycemic index? This could be something useful for us to talk about. When I was pregnant with my first child, I was sick a lot and had gained too much weight so the doctor at that time put me on a diet where you would substitute red meat for white meat like chicken and fish, white cheese instead of yellow cheese, no pasta, whole grains instead of refined breads and such and no sugar. It was like a low fat and low carb diet and it was working. I am wondering if I should do that or if I should do the Atkins. Right after Chloe my youngest was born, I went on the Atkins and in the first 3 months I had lost 69 pounds... these both are two approaches that I have done and are easy to look at what you are doing and know exactly what to do. I struggle with the more

complex dieting ideas. Looking at the two options I gave above, after the initial induction on Atkins, you can have things like whipped cream and fruit. I have a few of the SImmons dance videos... the latin and disco and one other. Its fun to dance the pounds away. I have a few other videos and a few pieces of equipment... Like Sara, I would love to hear what approaches each of you are doing... Thanks, Shirleythequeen_b60 <thequeen_b60@...> wrote: Hi I am a new member to

this group. I hope by being a member I can finally make the necessary changes to me body.I am curently 285 lbs I was 314.I am 5'11". I have so wanted to lose this weight but am unsure what I am doing wrong and why it takes so long to lose it.So I am so happy I found this group on any suggestions or encouragement is well appreciated.Oh I forget my name is Sara. __________________________________________________

Guest guest

I think you must be doing something really, really RIGHT!!! According

to my calculations, in less than 3 months, you have lost over 9.2% of

your total body weight!!! That is AMAZING! The American Diabetes

Association says that losing 5 to 7% of your total body weight gives

you a HUGE reduction in risk of developing Type II Diabetes. You have

been losing at a VERY good rate, and it sounds like you just need some

support to keep up the great work!

>

> Hey ,well I walk 5 days a week 2 miles.I do weights.I suppose

I did not pay attention to my portions and what I was eating at first

but now I am.I am not on any specific diet or plan I just wanted to

change so I stared in oct 06.Sara

Guest guest

were you much of a walker before Oct? You've got a handle on the workout :) After you do portions for a bit - it becomes pretty much second nature. I don't eat a lot - I use PAM etc but in addition to my 8-16 classes of water I drink a lot of coke - 4-6 a day. that's my downfall. oh yeah - exercise too LOL. new day new year - I did 10 crunches 1st thinf this morning - I did 10 minutes on the bike this afternoon and I'm now working on cleaning - the kitchen is just about done - dining room too. I have a case of housework ADD - I wander and do a little here and a little there. Live, Love, Laugh

Hi I am a new member to this group. I hope by being a member I can finally make the necessary changes to me body.I am curently 285 lbs I was 314.I am 5'11". I have so wanted to lose this weight but am unsure what I am doing wrong and why it takes so long to lose it.So I am so happy I found this group on any suggestions or encouragement is well appreciated. Oh I forget my name is Sara.