Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Good Morning

Rate this topic

Guest guest

We bought the EFL book as soon it came it. That's why the eating

part of this is gonna be a breeze. My hubby does all the cooking

and he switches between Mr. Food's Diabetic cookbook (good stuff

even though neither of us are diabetic) and the EFL book.

I'll have to go have a look at the site. Especially since they

updated it. It used to be just the same old, same old.

Thank you all for the welcome messages. I truly hope to find some

great online buddies here.

Today I did 45 minutes DDR, a few floor stretches, and walked 7400

steps. I purchased the DietPower software last month and logged in

my food for the day and about 1500 calories. I always just round

the calories eaten up to the next hundred and the calories burned

down to the next 50. They're never going to be accurate anyway.

So tomorrow is my first day back at work after a 10 (yes TEN!) day

vacation. 3 days of work then a 3 day weekend. We'll see how it

goes with the food. Meals 2 and 4 are always nearly impossible

since I work in a lab.

Thanks again everyone.

Debra

> Hi Debra,

>

> Welcome back! Be sure to get your hands on the Eating for Life

book if

> you haven't seen it. We didn't have it when you were here four

years

> ago and it's a big help.

>

> http://eatingforlife.com/

>

> If you want to look at the meal plan and grocery guide and it asks

you

> for a password, the recipe on page 84 is grilled salmon.

>

> The Body for Life site has been re-done with even more cool

exercise

> demos and calculators and tools. http://www.bodyforlife.com . And

> there's now an Eating for Life track at eDiets if you want some

really

> structured meal planning.

http://www.ediets.com/billphillips/diet/ .

> And don't forget our old friend Dr. Hussman,

> http://www.hussman.org/fitness/ .

>

> Start today and you'll be back on track in no time. Glad you

joined us

> again. :-)

>

>

>

Guest guest

Good Morning everyone. Hope you are all doing well. I just wanted to post my food for the day before my little munchkins arrive.

Herbal tea--hard giving up that caffeine but I am working on it.

B--rice chex

toast w/fatfree cream cheese

S--v8 juice

crackers

L--tuna w/ff mayo in my homemade pita bread.

some carrots to munch on too

s--V8 juice

Quaker quakes

D--chicken fajitas

jello w/peaches

I was surprised how easy it is to make your own pita bread. And the good thing about the chicken fajitas, I can make a batch and eat them for days. Plus I drink seltzer throughout the day with as much water as I can handle. I also have a spring roll recipe that I am going to try, If it is good I will post it for you.

Thanks for being a great group. Have a nice day. in NY

Guest guest

>Herbal tea--hard giving up that caffeine but I am working on it.

I drink decaf coffee or decaf tea - I never could get into the herbal teas.

A week ago I bought a jar of Postum, the grain (wheat) coffee substitute.

Not bad - tastes like the old instant coffees before freee-drying became

popular - but has a sweetener added. It's just a few calories (I think 7 or

so) but I'd rather have *no* added sweeteners. I'm going to look at Caffix

and the others at the health food store when this jar is finished. People on

another list recommend Teechino. It's not an instant but something made in a

drip coffeemaker, like Mr. Coffee.

http://www.teeccino.com/ProductsList.aspx?ProductCategoryID=1

You can order samples here - all 7 flavors, 3 mugs each sample - for $10.

One of these days I'll order, now that I do have a drip coffeemaker.

>I was surprised how easy it is to make your own pita bread.

I could never get them to puff. :(

> And the good thing about the chicken fajitas,

I used to love these at Mc's. So juicy! So tasty! So high in calories!

LOL

>I also have a spring roll recipe that I am going to try, If it is good I

will post it for you.

Thanks. Do you use won ton wrappers from the store or do you make everything

from scratch?

>Thanks for being a great group.

A list is only as strong as its members - thanks for being here!

Sue in NJ

Guest guest

>I also have a spring roll recipe that I am going to try, If it is good Iwill post it for you.Thanks. Do you use won ton wrappers from the store or do you make everythingfrom scratch?The last time I tried to make chinese from scratch, I think it was dumplings, it went right out the window--okay in the trash. It was terrible. Now my daughter made me an entire chinese dinner one day and she did such a great job at everything. I love all kinds of chinese but can't have most of it anymore. But this one recipe is actually a vegan recipe, using tofu. I have used the wonton wrappers before so hope they work for these. Plus my DIL made me some sushi, without the fish, but I didn't like the taste. Just had vegs in the middle, but didn't care for the wrap part.

And I think the first fajita I ever tried was from McD's and was hooked after that. Now you can get the kits, but they are just as easy to do from scratch. The pita bread is really easy to do. And I was amazed that they puffed up so much. My first batch that I baked was hard as brick, baked them a tad bit too long but after I figured out to only bake for about 5 minutes instead of the 15 the other recipe called for, they turned out just like the ones in the store. And I know exactly what goes in them. I will post the recipe---just in case someone would like to try them. in NY

Guest guest

Okay now that I looked at the recipe, maybe the wonton wrappers would not work. But here is the recipe for them. These are fat free, but the pb sauce wouldn't be, so I am going with the other one. I am going to give them a whirl.

Spring Rolls

These light, uncooked rolls are the perfect start to any Asian meal. They're very easy to make, and you can vary the filling ingredients to suit your taste--and your creativity! Serve them with peanut sauce or with soy orange sauce.

10 rice paper or spring roll wrappers (these are dried sheets made from rice, found in the noodle section of Asian markets)

lettuce (softer lettuces, such as baby greens, work best)

baked tofu sliced into long strips about 1/4 inch wide

shredded carrots

mung bean sprouts

fresh basil and/or mint leaves

pickled ginger slices (optional)

lime (optional)

Prepare a bowl of warm water large enough to dip the spring roll wrappers.

Place 2 wrappers into the water. Wait a minute or two until they are soft, and then remove them to a clean towel, being careful not to tear the wrapper. Place one wrapper on a plate or other work surface.

Put a little of each filling just below the center of the wrapper (about 1/4 cup total). Squeeze a little lime juice over filling, if desired. Fold the bottom of the wrapper up over the filling, then fold each side toward the center.

Roll from the bottom to the top of each roll, as tightly as you can without ripping the wrapper. If you do rip it, wrap another wrapper around the whole thing when you roll the next batch. (Small rips should not cause any problems; just keep rolling.)

Start soaking two more wrappers as you begin work on the second roll. Repeat until completed, covering the finished rolls with a moist towel to prevent drying out. Serve at once with dipping sauce of choice.

Peanut Sauce

1/3 cup peanut butter, crunchy or smooth1/2 cup water2 tablespoons soy sauce1 tablespoons lime juice1 clove garlic, minced2 teaspoons grated ginger1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes (or to taste)

Mix all ingredients together well. Makes about 1 cup.

Soy Orange Sauce

1/2 c freshly squeezed orange juice1 T sugar2 T plus 2 teas low-sodium soy sauce1/4 c rice vinegar4 teas Japanese cooking wine (mirin)Dash of sesame oilSalt to taste

Mix all ingredients thoroughly.

Guest guest

Liz I be fine up here in ole Milwaukee.. All is ok in my world, except I am going though the change again!!!! ARGH!!!! Signed hot n' cold mama in Milwaukee.. Love ya Liz take care boo

-- good morning

How is everyone? I feel strangely disconnected because of my puter's lack of working. I hope all is well.

Take care of yourself,

Liz

Guest guest

Llinda, What's a cria? If you mentioned it is the last few months it got lost in the fog. SuzieLlinda <2llama@...> wrote:

Good morning everyone... sounds like most are doing well today, that is great. Hot here too finally, was able to move my Tiels outside Monday. It is scary for them until they get used to it, but good for them too. Really good for me as there is much less work involved.

My lab #'s are coming up, doc says one more week for the Neupogen and Epogen then we will try going without. He is keeping me on 2 of the ribavirin twice a day for the rest of treatment. We decided to go until the end of September... then I will be done! Must say it is kicking my butt now. I had such an easy time the first half and now seems to be catching up with me, oh well. My doc is moving to Texas the end of July... I will be back under the care of our nurse practitioner. Guess that is ok, but I will miss the doc. Just when I had him pretty well trained he up and runs away, lol. Am still waiting on the Cardio results, it has been over 2 weeks since the test.

The cria is growing like a weed and cuter by the day. I need to take some photos of several of the llamas, will try to catch a good one of her and post later. Am still trying to get llamas bred, am about ready to geld one hormonal male myself, lol... all hormone, no brain. But he sure made a beautiful baby so guess he might be worth it :-).

Have fun,

Llinda

Guest guest

Llinda, What's a cria? If you mentioned it is the last few months it got lost in the fog. SuzieLlinda <2llama@...> wrote:

Good morning everyone... sounds like most are doing well today, that is great. Hot here too finally, was able to move my Tiels outside Monday. It is scary for them until they get used to it, but good for them too. Really good for me as there is much less work involved.

My lab #'s are coming up, doc says one more week for the Neupogen and Epogen then we will try going without. He is keeping me on 2 of the ribavirin twice a day for the rest of treatment. We decided to go until the end of September... then I will be done! Must say it is kicking my butt now. I had such an easy time the first half and now seems to be catching up with me, oh well. My doc is moving to Texas the end of July... I will be back under the care of our nurse practitioner. Guess that is ok, but I will miss the doc. Just when I had him pretty well trained he up and runs away, lol. Am still waiting on the Cardio results, it has been over 2 weeks since the test.

The cria is growing like a weed and cuter by the day. I need to take some photos of several of the llamas, will try to catch a good one of her and post later. Am still trying to get llamas bred, am about ready to geld one hormonal male myself, lol... all hormone, no brain. But he sure made a beautiful baby so guess he might be worth it :-).

Have fun,

Llinda

Guest guest

Hey Suzie with a Z, Cria = Baby llama. Have fun... Llinda

Have fun,

Llinda

Guest guest

I knew that!!! Really I did. As soon as I pressed send it came to me in a flash - you know that silly, it's a baby llama. That's what my brain said when I hit send. It's still functioning, just slower.

Suzie (with a Spyke ) Llinda <2llama@...> wrote:

Hey Suzie with a Z, Cria = Baby llama. Have fun... Llinda

Have fun,

Llinda

Guest guest

Llinda I wish we could trade lives just for a summer!! I envy you the peace and quiet, the animals etc.. You are doing great girl, keep up the good work.And if there had been some wrong with your chest x-ray you'd have ben notified by now..Enjoy the new babies that a bound there.. Kathy Boo

-- good morning

Have fun,

Llinda

Guest guest

I'll pass on the trading Boo, but come on over! Summer company gets the ole tent, and air mattress out near some of the llamas. I might even put you to work, lol... I have been trying to get one window a day cleaned with off and on success. Talk about getting feeble!

Was an echocardiogram and the cardio dudes in Spokane are backed up with work... so they tell me. But if the tech had seen something I suppose a red flag would have gone up :-)

Another gorgeous day out there... Enjoy!

Llinda

Llinda I wish we could trade lives just for a summer!! I envy you the peace and quiet, the animals etc.. You are doing great girl, keep up the good work.And if there had been some wrong with your chest x-ray you'd have ben notified by now..Enjoy the new babies that a bound there.. Kathy Boo

Have fun,

Llinda

Guest guest

I'll pass on the trading Boo, but come on over! Summer company gets the ole tent, and air mattress out near some of the llamas. I might even put you to work, lol... I have been trying to get one window a day cleaned with off and on success. Talk about getting feeble!

Was an echocardiogram and the cardio dudes in Spokane are backed up with work... so they tell me. But if the tech had seen something I suppose a red flag would have gone up :-)

Another gorgeous day out there... Enjoy!

Llinda

Have fun,

Llinda

Guest guest

Bonnie, That's exactly the way I like to do things. Sort of randomly

during the day. I'm glad that works. I end up with probably about 45 minutes

to

an hour of exercise during the day. None is strenuous because of my

arthritis but I have to say that I've been exercising regularly for only 7 days

and I

can already feel an enormous difference. I will definitely keep this up. I

love the breathing...it just makes me feel good. Have a great day. Holly

Holly Laibson

http//purpletree.com

check out my blog at _Have You Any Wool?_

(http://journals.aol.com/hlaibson/HaveYouAnyWool/)

http:journals.aol.com/hlaibson/HaveYouAnyWool/

Guest guest

Holly,

What Bonnie and Brennen have told you about doing your breaths thru out the

day and the coughing/phlem, I totaly agree with... You're helping to heal

your your body, so to speak, from the inside out...

I really have nothing else to add, that I can think of at the moment

anyway...LOL

Have a wonderful weekend everyone!!!!

Hugs, love and blessings to all...

Guest guest

Holly,

My herbal Dr. told me that deep breathing exercises

were the best thing for fat-burning (because it brings

the oxygen to the cellular level). He also told me

that throught the day is best! That's what I do to...

usually 25 or 30 on the way to work, sometimes 10 or

20 at lunch, and 15-20 on the way home. I also get

the phlegm... and sometime cough after a breath.

Someone (Rashelle, I think) said that that means it's

working to clear out your lungs, or something to that

effect...

Happy breathing!!!

Brennen

--- hlaibson@... wrote:

> Hi all, It's me...the question lady. I've been

> loving the breathing. I

> have allergies and my breathing hasn't been great

> this summer but after three

> days of doing the LL I am definitely breathing a

> little better. But here's my

> question. I am coughing after the " pah " . I'm

> phlegmy and I didn't even

> know that I had any phlegm in my lungs. Is this

> something that others have

> experienced? I also wanted to ask who is doing the

> accupressure face lift? I've

> done it once and it feels really good so I'll

> probably continue but I

> wondered if anyone has any concrete results?

> Rashelle surely looks good. Those

> are my questions for the day I think. Oh....one

> more thing. Can you do five

> breaths here and five breaths there during the day?

> I have been doing 10

> before my pilates and 10 after and then other times

> during the day I've been

> doing five at a time. I'm thinking that getting

> the oxygen in the body all day

> long would be good. Am I right or am I just

> wasting my breath.....LOL.

> Holly

>

> Holly Laibson

>

> http//purpletree.com

> check out my blog at _Have You Any Wool?_

> (http://journals.aol.com/hlaibson/HaveYouAnyWool/)

> http:journals.aol.com/hlaibson/HaveYouAnyWool/

>

>

>

> [Non-text portions of this message have been

> removed]

>

>

Start your day with - make it your home page

http://www./r/hs

Guest guest

Hi Holly,

I'll let others answer about the coughing and acupressure (I really should

remember to do it more often!) --

I do 3 LL breaths/lifts in bed each morning -- really gets me wide awake and

ready to bounce out of bed (my husband wakes me up each morning with a hot cup

of coffee and a hug -- mmmmmmm). Then I shower, and while showering I do several

more (perhaps 5-8 breaths/lifts).

After I get dressed, I do my standard exercise regime -- 12 LL breaths/lifts

withwarm upp moves (from Rashelle's first tape -- things like lifting my arms

over my head in a " prayer " position while swaying between my right and left

legs), then it's to the floor with my other exercises. Each exercise that I do

is preceded by a LL breath/lift -- for example, I do a LL breath, then lift,

then while holding my breath I do 5 sit-ups. I do approx 40 of these -- an

eclectic mixture of exercises from Rashelle's tape, yoga, Pilate's, and

old-fashioned ccalisthenics These exercises change frequently.

After this, I do a bunch of stretches and weights (1# weights!, arm exercises),

also with the LL breaths/lifts -- I work these around breakfast preparation

(like I do 1 minute of arm exercises while the microwave is running for a

minute).

After I drop my husband off at his office, I drive on to mine (about 15 minutes

further) -- during this drive I do LL breaths/lifts as traffic conditions

permit. And then at work I make a point of doing several each time I go to the

restroom (along with the initialwarm upp moves). If the weather permits, I walk

at lunch, and incorporate a few more breaths in. If I remember (like when I'm

checking this board) I do some at my desk.

So for all my rambling, what I'm trying to say is that my understanding of the

best way to do the LL regime is to pop the breaths/lifts in whenever you can

throughout the day AND to incorporate them into a regular exercise regime.

Good luck, Bonnie

hlaibson@... wrote:

Hi all, It's me...the question lady. I've been loving the breathing. I

have allergies and my breathing hasn't been great this summer but after three

days of doing the LL I am definitely breathing a little better. But here's my

question. I am coughing after the " pah " . I'm phlegmy and I didn't even

know that I had any phlegm in my lungs. Is this something that others have

experienced? I also wanted to ask who is doing the acupressure face lift?

I've

done it once and it feels really good so I'll probably continue but I

wondered if anyone has any concrete results? Rashelle surely looks good.

Those

are my questions for the day I think. Oh....one more thing. Can you do five

breaths here and five breaths there during the day? I have been doing 10

before my Pilate's and 10 after and then other times during the day I've been

doing five at a time. I'm thinking that getting the oxygen in the body all day

long would be good. Am I right or am I just wasting my breath.....LOL.

Holly

Holly Laibson

http//purpletree.com

Guest guest

Hi Holly, Rashelle told me when I first started (about 3 years ago I think)

that you should try for 10 at a time. I do the face lift at the end of the

Reflexology tape --I am sure it helps, but Life lift helps so much who can tell

specifically? I had a great experience today, I was at lunch today and my

waitress asked me if I was Angle's Mom--I am --and she said she went to Jr.

High with my daughter and she thought I was because I had not changed at all~

my

daughter is 30 years old now--that was 17 years ago!!! I know it is because

of Life lift, I can tell such a difference in my eyes and eye area and the

tone of my skin when I am faithful. Rashelle is a true gift!! Any way it made

my day. And helps me keep on " breathing " . Connie :-)

Guest guest

In a message dated 8/6/2005 12:47:35 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,

Miskinisc@... writes:

It makes me feel good to get that allergy crap out of my lungs!!

I know what you mean. I'm definitely breathing better than I was. I was

having trouble getting a complete breath and I just realized that I haven't had

that problem since I started LL. Now, it could be a coincidence since I've

only been using LL for 3 days but it's nice to breathe. Holly

Holly Laibson

http//purpletree.biz/holly

Guest guest

Good morning Dick , that is an awesome wakeup message LOL

Good morning

This is too cute not to pass along. Hope you have a wonderful day when ever you read this! We all just wanted to wish you an enjoyable day !! YEAH, WELL, I GUESS I WILL TOO! :( ,

Guest guest

Good morning

This is too cute not to pass along. Hope you have a wonderful day when ever you read this! We all just wanted to wish you an enjoyable day !! YEAH, WELL, I GUESS I WILL TOO! :( ,

Guest guest

Good morning,

I am just back from a week in Reno.

Good to hear from you. How are things there?

Dick

At 07:16 AM 8/16/05, you wrote:

Good morning

Dick , that is an awesome wakeup message LOL

Guest guest

Getting ready to take a trip to Rome and Madrid , then treatment for me .............Was your trip this time to NV business or pleasure ? How was Reno ? I havent been there since I was a child .Things are pretty busy around here and I am almost looking forward to treatment so I have an excuse to lay around , rofl I'm just so tired its rediculous .I want to spend my days lounging in bed , lol And you what have you been up to ?

Re: Good morning

Good morning,I am just back from a week in Reno. Good to hear from you. How are things there?DickAt 07:16 AM 8/16/05, you wrote: