Guest guest

Guest guest

NAC - N-Acetyl Cysteine

OSR - ??

ALA - Alpha Lipoic Acid

MB12 - Methyl B12

Steph

Re: Hair Loss

HI Anne, can you please define what the different abbreviations below mean? I would like to understand what is being talked about but have no idea what the letters stand for.Thanks, MicheleNAC, OSR, ALA or MB12> NAC is a glutathione > precursor & promotes detox. ALA apparently promotes detox. MB12 > supports methylation & promotes detox. If you are gaining weight > because your detox pathways are overwhelmed, supplementing with other > I have seen this consideration raised on other alternative health > lists. A person is taking OSR or ALA or NAC & adds iodine or OSR or MB12 or whatever, & suddenly finds himself dealing with detox issues > that he wasn't having before. If you are gaining weight because your > body can't clear out the toxins you are shaking loose, adding NAC, > ALA, or anything else that promotes detox COULD increase the problem. > Anne>

Guest guest

Sherry, I believe it is very individual. However, ALA amounts for chelation

usually begin at around 500+/- mg.

As for “supplementing” 50 – 100 mg may be recommended. If one has amalgams and believes that

any amount of ALA will move mercury around in the body, then there are no “safe”

levels. I don’t believe this

is true for every person (it hasn’t been for me)….but, obviously I

guess for some. Someone on another

forum stated that 35 mg caused mercury concerns for them. The amount of mercury

that one’s body is able to handle efficiently will be according to the

individual. We all have toxic

thresholds and yours will likely be different than mine, etc. I have clients (with alamgams) using

supplements that contain low levels of ALA and they have presented no concern.

By the way, while Ph.D’s and chemists are certainly a wealth of

information and knowledge, there is a tendency to be so scientifically-minded

at times that any opinion or idea that doesn’t fit into the “scientific

box” either doesn’t work, is not proven or is harmful, and is

debunked or thrown out the window.

Many chemists/Ph.D’s do not see clients and thus what is supposed

to work in theory or lab, may not be the case with real people. Where conventional medicine is

concerned, science (such as clinical trials, etc.) has not proved to be all

that reliable. The reason? We are not clones and everything that we

put into our body, on our body, as well as our environment and emotional health

has an affect as to how our body will react.

Be Well

Dr.L

-----Original Message-----

Dr. L,

For someone who still has amalgams in their

mouth, what is the maximum amount of ALA they should take on a daily basis?

Thank you,

Sherry

Guest guest

OSR is "Oxidative Stress Relief" -- an anti-oxidant which boosts glutathione & is claimed by some (but not the manufacturer) to chelate heavy metals. Which is to say that it increases detox.NAC is a glutathione precursor -- your body uses it to make glutathione, which your body uses to detox.ALA does more than one thing in the body, but one of its actions is chelation/detox.MB12 is a vitamin, is helpful in people whose methylation (detox) pathway is not working correctly, & can start it working. And if you start that pathway working, when it hasn't been, you get a big increase in detox.If you add a different detox method to one already in place, you can get more than double the detox. And it can be too much.AnneOn Jul 6, 2010, at 5:09 PM, ladybugsandbees wrote: NAC - N-Acetyl Cysteine OSR - ?? ALA - Alpha Lipoic Acid MB12 - Methyl B12 Steph Re: Hair Loss HI Anne, can you please define what the different abbreviations below mean? I would like to understand what is being talked about but have no idea what the letters stand for.Thanks, MicheleNAC, OSR, ALA or MB12> NAC is a glutathione > precursor & promotes detox. ALA apparently promotes detox. MB12 > supports methylation & promotes detox. If you are gaining weight > because your detox pathways are overwhelmed, supplementing with other > I have seen this consideration raised on other alternative health > lists. A person is taking OSR or ALA or NAC & adds iodine or OSR or MB12 or whatever, & suddenly finds himself dealing with detox issues > that he wasn't having before. If you are gaining weight because your > body can't clear out the toxins you are shaking loose, adding NAC, > ALA, or anything else that promotes detox COULD increase the problem. > Anne>

Guest guest

You stated that your hair loss is at the top of your head about the size of a

quarter. Have you lost any hair around the temples, too? If so, you may have too

much dihydrotestosterone and are exhibiting symptoms similar to male pattern

baldness. It does happen to women.

Also, you attribute your weight gain to iodine/detox, and it may be so, but you

should also consider that since the change in Armour's formulation, Armour

perhaps isn't working well for you anymore and you're back in hypo-T. Perhaps

you should give Naturethroid or another formulation a try.

Ginny

> > >I've looked into glutathione, just because I know it's a powerful

> > >antioxidant. However, if I recall correctly, my research indicated that

> > >it's not beneficial to take it as a supplement because it doesn't absorb

> > >well, or something like that. There are some suggestions on things you can

> > >do to help create it in your body, and I do several of them. But my

> > >understanding is that taking it as a glutathione supplement is not very

> > >effective.

> > >

> > >Do you believe otherwise, Steph? I will try it if you think it could make

> > >a difference.

> >

> >

> > ~~~ There is no way to peace; peace is the way ~~~~

> > --A.J. Muste

> >

>

Guest guest

How can you find out if your methylation pathway isn’t working? From: iodine [mailto:iodine ] On Behalf Of Anne SealsSent: Wednesday, July 07, 2010 1:03 AMiodine Subject: Re: Re: Hair Loss OSR is " Oxidative Stress Relief " -- an anti-oxidant which boosts glutathione & is claimed by some (but not the manufacturer) to chelate heavy metals. Which is to say that it increases detox. NAC is a glutathione precursor -- your body uses it to make glutathione, which your body uses to detox. ALA does more than one thing in the body, but one of its actions is chelation/detox. MB12 is a vitamin, is helpful in people whose methylation (detox) pathway is not working correctly, & can start it working. And if you start that pathway working, when it hasn't been, you get a big increase in detox. If you add a different detox method to one already in place, you can get more than double the detox. And it can be too much. Anne On Jul 6, 2010, at 5:09 PM, ladybugsandbees wrote: NAC - N-Acetyl CysteineOSR - ??ALA - Alpha Lipoic AcidMB12 - Methyl B12 Steph Re: Hair Loss HI Anne, can you please define what the different abbreviations below mean? I would like to understand what is being talked about but have no idea what the letters stand for.Thanks, MicheleNAC, OSR, ALA or MB12> NAC is a glutathione > precursor & promotes detox. ALA apparently promotes detox. MB12 > supports methylation & promotes detox. If you are gaining weight > because your detox pathways are overwhelmed, supplementing with other > I have seen this consideration raised on other alternative health > lists. A person is taking OSR or ALA or NAC & adds iodine or OSR or MB12 or whatever, & suddenly finds himself dealing with detox issues > that he wasn't having before. If you are gaining weight because your > body can't clear out the toxins you are shaking loose, adding NAC, > ALA, or anything else that promotes detox COULD increase the problem. > Anne>

Guest guest

Here is one http://www.holisticheal.com/health-tests/nutrigenomic-testing/comprehensive-methylation-panel-with-methylation-pathway-analysis.html I know there are more but I cannot think of it now. Maybe at Genova or Metametrix.

Steph

Re: Hair ! Loss< /o>

HI Anne, can you please define what the different abbreviations below mean? I would like to understand what is being talked about but have no idea what the letters stand for.Thanks, MicheleNAC, OSR, ALA or MB12> NAC is a glutathione > precursor & promotes detox. ALA apparently promotes detox. MB12 > supports methylation & promotes detox. If you are gaining weight > because your detox pathways are overwhelmed, supplementing with other > I have seen this consideration raised on other alternative health > lists. A person is taking OSR or ALA or NAC & adds iodine or OSR or MB12 or whatever, & suddenly finds himself dealing with detox issues > that he wasn't having before. If you are gaining weight because your > body can't clear out the toxins you are shaking loose, adding NAC, > ALA, or anything else that promotes detox COULD increase the problem. > Anne>

Guest guest

OH my Goodness that is expensive, have you had this test done yet ? From: iodine [mailto:iodine ] On Behalf Of ladybugsandbeesSent: Wednesday, July 07, 2010 12:53 PMiodine Subject: Re: Re: Hair Loss Here is one http://www.holisticheal.com/health-tests/nutrigenomic-testing/comprehensive-methylation-panel-with-methylation-pathway-analysis.html I know there are more but I cannot think of it now. Maybe at Genova or Metametrix. Steph Re: Hair ! Loss< /o> HI Anne, can you please define what the different abbreviations below mean? I would like to understand what is being talked about but have no idea what the letters stand for.Thanks, MicheleNAC, OSR, ALA or MB12> NAC is a glutathione > precursor & promotes detox. ALA apparently promotes detox. MB12 > supports methylation & promotes detox. If you are gaining weight > because your detox pathways are overwhelmed, supplementing with other > I have seen this consideration raised on other alternative health > lists. A person is taking OSR or ALA or NAC & adds iodine or OSR or MB12 or whatever, & suddenly finds himself dealing with detox issues > that he wasn't having before. If you are gaining weight because your > body can't clear out the toxins you are shaking loose, adding NAC, > ALA, or anything else that promotes detox COULD increase the problem. > Anne>

Guest guest

No - I don't intend to either.

Steph

Re: Hair !! Loss< ; /o>

Guest guest

I was reading that actifolate can also help with methylation are you still taking that? From: iodine [mailto:iodine ] On Behalf Of ladybugsandbeesSent: Wednesday, July 07, 2010 1:25 PMiodine Subject: Re: Re: Hair Loss No - I don't intend to either. Steph Re: Hair !! Loss< ; /o> HI Anne, can you please define what the different abbreviations below mean? I would like to understand what is being talked about but have no idea what the letters stand for.Thanks, MicheleNAC, OSR, ALA or MB12> NAC is a glutathione > precursor & promotes detox. ALA apparently promotes detox. MB12 > supports methylation & promotes detox. If you are gaining weight > because your detox pathways are overwhelmed, supplementing with other > I have seen this consideration raised on other alternative health > lists. A person is taking OSR or ALA or NAC & adds iodine or OSR or MB12 or whatever, & suddenly finds himself dealing with detox issues > that he wasn't having before. If you are gaining weight because your > body can't clear out the toxins you are shaking loose, adding NAC, > ALA, or anything else that promotes detox COULD increase the problem. > Anne>

Guest guest

You make an interesting point, Anne...I've never heard it put that way. I always

thought that adding all of these things would help the situation, but you could

very well be right...Maybe it's too much detox.

Thanks for your input.

Sherry

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

> NAC - N-Acetyl Cysteine

>

> OSR - ??

>

> ALA - Alpha Lipoic Acid

>

> MB12 - Methyl B12

>

>

>

> Steph

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

> Re: Hair Loss

>

>

>

>

>

> HI Anne, can you please define what the different abbreviations below mean?

> I would like to understand what is being talked about but have no idea what

> the letters stand for.

>

> Thanks, Michele

>

> NAC, OSR, ALA or MB12

>

> > NAC is a glutathione

> > precursor & promotes detox. ALA apparently promotes detox. MB12

> > supports methylation & promotes detox. If you are gaining weight

> > because your detox pathways are overwhelmed, supplementing with other

>

> > I have seen this consideration raised on other alternative health

> > lists. A person is taking OSR or ALA or NAC & adds iodine or OSR or MB12

> or whatever, & suddenly finds himself dealing with detox issues

> > that he wasn't having before. If you are gaining weight because your

> > body can't clear out the toxins you are shaking loose, adding NAC,

> > ALA, or anything else that promotes detox COULD increase the problem.

>

> > Anne

> >

>

Guest guest

Ginny,

I think that someone else mentioned having small bald spots. My hair loss is

from all over, so it's thin, but no bald spots.

As for the Armour issue, I'm actually still taking the old formulation. I have a

bunch stockpiled. It may be past it's expiration date (I'm not sure), but I'm

definitely still taking the old formulation.

Thanks for responding :)

Sherry

> > > >I've looked into glutathione, just because I know it's a powerful

> > > >antioxidant. However, if I recall correctly, my research indicated that

> > > >it's not beneficial to take it as a supplement because it doesn't absorb

> > > >well, or something like that. There are some suggestions on things you

can

> > > >do to help create it in your body, and I do several of them. But my

> > > >understanding is that taking it as a glutathione supplement is not very

> > > >effective.

> > > >

> > > >Do you believe otherwise, Steph? I will try it if you think it could make

> > > >a difference.

> > >

> > >

> > > ~~~ There is no way to peace; peace is the way ~~~~

> > > --A.J. Muste

> > >

> >

>

Guest guest

That's what I think my problem is. Too much detox. I'm on about 600mg ALA, at

least one heaping tbsp of diatomaceous earth/day, 50-100mg of iodine/day and

fulvic acid.

All detoxers.

I've now stopped everything but salt and will slowly add things back in.

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> > NAC - N-Acetyl Cysteine

> >

> > OSR - ??

> >

> > ALA - Alpha Lipoic Acid

> >

> > MB12 - Methyl B12

> >

> >

> >

> > Steph

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> > Re: Hair Loss

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> > HI Anne, can you please define what the different abbreviations below mean?

> > I would like to understand what is being talked about but have no idea what

> > the letters stand for.

> >

> > Thanks, Michele

> >

> > NAC, OSR, ALA or MB12

> >

> > > NAC is a glutathione

> > > precursor & promotes detox. ALA apparently promotes detox. MB12

> > > supports methylation & promotes detox. If you are gaining weight

> > > because your detox pathways are overwhelmed, supplementing with other

> >

> > > I have seen this consideration raised on other alternative health

> > > lists. A person is taking OSR or ALA or NAC & adds iodine or OSR or MB12

> > or whatever, & suddenly finds himself dealing with detox issues

> > > that he wasn't having before. If you are gaining weight because your

> > > body can't clear out the toxins you are shaking loose, adding NAC,

> > > ALA, or anything else that promotes detox COULD increase the problem.

> >

> > > Anne

> > >

> >

>

Guest guest

You can also put it on your scalp.

Tammy

Hair Loss>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Hi everyone,>>>>>>>> I've been dealing with hair loss and deteriorating quality for several years. I've undergone treatment for hypothyroidism and adrenal fatigue. I still take 60-90 mg Armour, but discontinued hydrocortisone/HC for adreanal fatigue after I started iodine earlier this year because felt more relief with it than I ever did with HC. Given it's negative side effects and the good reaction I felt with iodine initially, I felt it was better to wean off of HC and did so a few months ago.>>>>>>>> When I first started iodine, I noticed that my hair, which had become frail and thin over the last year especially, seemed to improve in quality and was not falling out nearly as much. The only problem with iodine was that it caused quick weight gain for me. After a few months of being very depressed about that (more so because I'm single and trying to date, and the weight gain has greatly affected my confidence), I stopped iodine for a few weeks back in May. I started to notice that I was not feeling well at all, so I resumed iodine again in mid-May. Right around that time, I started to notice that my hair started falling out more than ever. So much falls out that I'm stunned that I don't have bald spots.>>>>>>>> I was just wondering if anyone has any advice. I'm already going through a very rough time, but seeing my hair coming out constantly is causing additional stress for me, and I'm worried about the long term consequences of this.>>>>>>>> I should maybe mention that I don't have insurance, am unemployed and don't have the ability to do lab testing right now. Also, I've been taking what I believe to be about 30 mg of Lugol's (based on my dropper calibration) for 5 days in a row with 2 days off each week. I use at least 1.5 tsp of sea salt everyday, and 3000 mg vitamin C. I usually take all of the companion supplements as well. Also, I just did a "whole body" cleanse (kit by Enzymatic).>>>>>>>> Thank you,>>>> Sherry>>>>>>>> >>> >> ________________________________>>>> >>>> ------------------------------------>> All off topic posts should go to the IodineOT group IodineOT/>>> Commonly asked questions: http://tinyurl.com/yhnds5e

Guest guest

Sherry,What about the hair shampoo you are using? Today Mercola is advertising his, of course. Long time ago I quit commercial soap & shampoo and that removed my hair loss, ---that maybe was not a serious problem, but it was something that I was not happy with. What a difference with homemade soap.From: lookonthebriteside <slehr05@...>To:

iodine Sent: Wed, July 7, 2010 5:19:44 PMSubject: Re: Hair Loss

You make an interesting point, Anne...I've never heard it put that way. I always thought that adding all of these things would help the situation, but you could very well be right...Maybe it's too much detox.

Thanks for your input.

Sherry

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

> NAC - N-Acetyl Cysteine

>

> OSR - ??

>

> ALA - Alpha Lipoic Acid

>

> MB12 - Methyl B12

>

>

>

> Steph

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

> Re: Hair Loss

>

>

>

>

>

> HI Anne, can you please define what the different abbreviations below mean?

> I would like to understand what is being talked about but have no idea what

> the letters stand for.

>

> Thanks, Michele

>

> NAC, OSR, ALA or MB12

>

> > NAC is a glutathione

> > precursor & promotes detox. ALA apparently promotes detox. MB12

> > supports methylation & promotes detox. If you are gaining weight

> > because your detox pathways are overwhelmed, supplementing with other

>

> > I have seen this consideration raised on other alternative health

> > lists. A person is taking OSR or ALA or NAC & adds iodine or OSR or MB12

> or whatever, & suddenly finds himself dealing with detox issues

> > that he wasn't having before. If you are gaining weight because your

> > body can't clear out the toxins you are shaking loose, adding NAC,

> > ALA, or anything else that promotes detox COULD increase the problem.

>

> > Anne

> >

>

Guest guest

Read this and thought the hair loss topic.

Glowing, grace~

Restoring Hair Color

by - Dr. 's Herb Shop

Full head of hair, bright color and silky soft!

Many people today seem to have complaints related to their hair. Today it is common for people to ask for advice to restore hair color and encourage hair growth. This is not too surprising in today's world, as stress is considered the biggest factor in hair loss by natural healers, followed by severe malnutrition. Fortunately, it is also common for these to be reversed fairly quickly with natural remedies.

It is easy to restore hair color. Dr. had a very successful method of doing that. He used the same simple remedy with many people with great results. One in particular was a man from South America. In South America men do not lose their hair color very often. This particular man was very saddened that his jet black hair had gone white.

Dr. advised him to wash his hair with yarrow tea three times a week. Within a few months his hair color was restored. Needless to say he was quite happy!

The timeframe is almost always much less than a year, closer to three to six months. The tea is made by pouring 16 oz of boiling water over 1/2 ounce (2 Tablespoons) of the yarrow flowers (not bringing the flowers to a boil) and letting steep until cool, and straining.

If you would like to make the tea last longer, you might find it useful to turn it into a vinegar rinse. It will last several weeks this way. If you have never done a pure vinegar rinse before, it is an excellent way to make the hair silky soft. To do so, mix the 16 oz. of yarrow tea with 16 oz. of apple cider vinegar. To use it, rinse the hair with 1-2 cups of the liquid after shampooing, let it soak for 3 minutes or so, then rinse and use conditioner if you have it.

This alone has proven so effective with most cases we do little else to restore hair color.

Our next newsletter will provide a comprehensive herbal approach for baldness. See you next week!

Herbs and formulas available at http://www.drchristophersherbshop.com/

• 2 weeks later...
Guest guest

What about OKGOrnithine alpha- Ketoglutarate ?> > > >> > > > I have been having issues with losing hair but it is low estrogen & progesterone that I believe are causing my issues. That may be the case for you as well.> > > > > > > > Do you consume good omega 3 fatty acids? That is a problem for me at times too. > > > > > > > > Unfortunately there are a lot of things that when imbalanced cause hair loss. I am still trying to fine tune my body to figure it out too. I used to have very thick hair and now it is not that way. It's frustrating - I understand.> > > > > > > > Steph> > > > > > > > > > > > Hair Loss> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > Hi everyone,> > > > > > > > I've been dealing with hair loss and deteriorating quality for several years. I've undergone treatment for hypothyroidism and adrenal fatigue. I still take 60-90 mg Armour, but discontinued hydrocortisone/HC for adreanal fatigue after I started iodine earlier this year because felt more relief with it than I ever did with HC. Given it's negative side effects and the good reaction I felt with iodine initially, I felt it was better to wean off of HC and did so a few months ago.> > > > > > > > When I first started iodine, I noticed that my hair, which had become frail and thin over the last year especially, seemed to improve in quality and was not falling out nearly as much. The only problem with iodine was that it caused quick weight gain for me. After a few months of being very depressed about that (more so because I'm single and trying to date, and the weight gain has greatly affected my confidence), I stopped iodine for a few weeks back in May. I started to notice that I was not feeling well at all, so I resumed iodine again in mid-May. Right around that time, I started to notice that my hair started falling out more than ever. So much falls out that I'm stunned that I don't have bald spots.> > > > > > > > I was just wondering if anyone has any advice. I'm already going through a very rough time, but seeing my hair coming out constantly is causing additional stress for me, and I'm worried about the long term consequences of this.> > > > > > > > I should maybe mention that I don't have insurance, am unemployed and don't have the ability to do lab testing right now. Also, I've been taking what I believe to be about 30 mg of Lugol's (based on my dropper calibration) for 5 days in a row with 2 days off each week. I use at least 1.5 tsp of sea salt everyday, and 3000 mg vitamin C. I usually take all of the companion supplements as well. Also, I just did a "whole body" cleanse (kit by Enzymatic).> > > > > > > > Thank you,> > > > Sherry> > > >> > >> >>

Guest guest

I forgot to say I buy OKG in bulkfrom NutraBio.com> > > >> > > > I have been having issues with losing hair but it is low estrogen & progesterone that I believe are causing my issues. That may be the case for you as well.> > > > > > > > Do you consume good omega 3 fatty acids? That is a problem for me at times too. > > > > > > > > Unfortunately there are a lot of things that when imbalanced cause hair loss. I am still trying to fine tune my body to figure it out too. I used to have very thick hair and now it is not that way. It's frustrating - I understand.> > > > > > > > Steph> > > > > > > > > > > > Hair Loss> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > Hi everyone,> > > > > > > > I've been dealing with hair loss and deteriorating quality for several years. I've undergone treatment for hypothyroidism and adrenal fatigue. I still take 60-90 mg Armour, but discontinued hydrocortisone/HC for adreanal fatigue after I started iodine earlier this year because felt more relief with it than I ever did with HC. Given it's negative side effects and the good reaction I felt with iodine initially, I felt it was better to wean off of HC and did so a few months ago.> > > > > > > > When I first started iodine, I noticed that my hair, which had become frail and thin over the last year especially, seemed to improve in quality and was not falling out nearly as much. The only problem with iodine was that it caused quick weight gain for me. After a few months of being very depressed about that (more so because I'm single and trying to date, and the weight gain has greatly affected my confidence), I stopped iodine for a few weeks back in May. I started to notice that I was not feeling well at all, so I resumed iodine again in mid-May. Right around that time, I started to notice that my hair started falling out more than ever. So much falls out that I'm stunned that I don't have bald spots.> > > > > > > > I was just wondering if anyone has any advice. I'm already going through a very rough time, but seeing my hair coming out constantly is causing additional stress for me, and I'm worried about the long term consequences of this.> > > > > > > > I should maybe mention that I don't have insurance, am unemployed and don't have the ability to do lab testing right now. Also, I've been taking what I believe to be about 30 mg of Lugol's (based on my dropper calibration) for 5 days in a row with 2 days off each week. I use at least 1.5 tsp of sea salt everyday, and 3000 mg vitamin C. I usually take all of the companion supplements as well. Also, I just did a "whole body" cleanse (kit by Enzymatic).> > > > > > > > Thank you,> > > > Sherry> > > >> > >> >>

Guest guest

Dr. Bruce Rind says heal the adrenals before working on the thyroid. He has a lot of freeinformation on his site.> > >> > > > > > But assuming it is toxins, what can I do about it? I feel like I've tried everything I've heard that's been recommended.> >>

Guest guest

I have heard this theory as well...that is why some people feel ill losingweight. The body is very good at waysto protect itself from toxins and encapsulatingit in your fat is one of them. I have alsoheard tell that emotions are packed away into your fat as well and when the fatstarts coming off the emotions come back out. Our bodies are fearfully andwonderfully made. They were not madeto take in all these toxins and chemicals.Another poster added into the conversationabout getting rid of gluten in the diet. I didn't realize how sick it was making me until I went off of it. It might be anotherconsideration for you.> > > >I've looked into glutathione, just because I know it's a powerful> > > >antioxidant. However, if I recall correctly, my research indicated that> > > >it's not beneficial to take it as a supplement because it doesn't absorb> >> > > >well, or something like that. There are some suggestions on things you> > can> > > >do to help create it in your body, and I do several of them. But my> > > >understanding is that taking it as a glutathione supplement is not very> > > >effective.> > > >> > > >Do you believe otherwise, Steph? I will try it if you think it could> > make> > > >a difference.> > >> > >> > > ~~~ There is no way to peace; peace is the way ~~~~> > > --A.J. Muste> > >> >> > > >>

Guest guest

Also read up on MSM...it's good for your skinand hair. Also, considering goingno poo or severely cutting downon shampooing. I only use Masterscreme rinse on my hair every day andshampoo very rarely. Most Americansshampoo way too much and it's a viciouscycle... shampoo strips the hair of itsnatural oils and you have to creme rinseto replace it.>> Read this and thought the hair loss topic. > > Glowing, > > grace~> > > > Restoring Hair Color> by - Dr. 's Herb Shop> > > Full head of hair, bright color and silky soft!> > Many people today seem to have complaints related to their hair. Today it > is common for people to ask for advice to restore hair color and encourage > hair growth. This is not too surprising in today's world, as stress is > considered the biggest factor in hair loss by natural healers, followed by > severe malnutrition. Fortunately, it is also common for these to be reversed > fairly quickly with natural remedies. > It is easy to restore hair color. Dr. had a very successful > method of doing that. He used the same simple remedy with many people with > great results. One in particular was a man from South America. In South > America men do not lose their hair color very often. This particular man was > very saddened that his jet black hair had gone white. > Dr. advised him to wash his hair with yarrow tea three times a > week. Within a few months his hair color was restored. Needless to say he > was quite happy! > The timeframe is almost always much less than a year, closer to three to > six months. The tea is made by pouring 16 oz of boiling water over 1/2 ounce > (2 Tablespoons) of the yarrow flowers (not bringing the flowers to a boil) > and letting steep until cool, and straining. > If you would like to make the tea last longer, you might find it useful to > turn it into a vinegar rinse. It will last several weeks this way. If you > have never done a pure vinegar rinse before, it is an excellent way to make > the hair silky soft. To do so, mix the 16 oz. of yarrow tea with 16 oz. of > apple cider vinegar. To use it, rinse the hair with 1-2 cups of the liquid > after shampooing, let it soak for 3 minutes or so, then rinse and use > conditioner if you have it. > This alone has proven so effective with most cases we do little else to > restore hair color. > Our next newsletter will provide a comprehensive herbal approach for > baldness. See you next week!> > Herbs and formulas available at _http://www.drchristophersherbshop.com/_ > (http://www.drchristophersherbshop.com/)>

Guest guest

Low ferritin level sometimes indicate not so much a concern with actual iron

levels, rather the iron-binding properties which help absorbtion or utilization

of iron. If so, lactoferrin may be helpful (Symbiotics, Jarrow, NOW are some

brands). Also, Vitamin C taken with iron or foods containing iron can aid iron

absorbtion.

These are just my understandings.

> > > > >

> > > > > I have been having issues with losing hair but it is low estrogen &

> > > > progesterone that I believe are causing my issues. That may be the

case for

> > > > you as well.

> > > > >

> > > > > Do you consume good omega 3 fatty acids? That is a problem for me at

> > > > times too.

> > > > >

> > > > > Unfortunately there are a lot of things that when imbalanced cause

hair

> > > > loss. I am still trying to fine tune my body to figure it out too. I

used to

> > > > have very thick hair and now it is not that way. It's frustrating - I

> > > > understand.

> > > > >

> > > > > Steph

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > Hair Loss

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > Hi everyone,

> > > > >

> > > > > I've been dealing with hair loss and deteriorating quality for

several

> > > > years. I've undergone treatment for hypothyroidism and adrenal

fatigue. I

> > > > still take 60-90 mg Armour, but discontinued hydrocortisone/HC for

adreanal

> > > > fatigue after I started iodine earlier this year because felt more

relief

> > > > with it than I ever did with HC. Given it's negative side effects and

the

> > > > good reaction I felt with iodine initially, I felt it was better to

wean off

> > > > of HC and did so a few months ago.

> > > > >

> > > > > When I first started iodine, I noticed that my hair, which had

become

> > > > frail and thin over the last year especially, seemed to improve in

quality

> > > > and was not falling out nearly as much. The only problem with iodine

was

> > > > that it caused quick weight gain for me. After a few months of being

very

> > > > depressed about that (more so because I'm single and trying to date,

and the

> > > > weight gain has greatly affected my confidence), I stopped iodine for

a few

> > > > weeks back in May. I started to notice that I was not feeling well at

all,

> > > > so I resumed iodine again in mid-May. Right around that time, I

started to

> > > > notice that my hair started falling out more than ever. So much falls

out

> > > > that I'm stunned that I don't have bald spots.

> > > > >

> > > > > I was just wondering if anyone has any advice. I'm already going

through

> > > > a very rough time, but seeing my hair coming out constantly is causing

> > > > additional stress for me, and I'm worried about the long term

consequences

> > > > of this.

> > > > >

> > > > > I should maybe mention that I don't have insurance, am unemployed

and

> > > > don't have the ability to do lab testing right now. Also, I've been

taking

> > > > what I believe to be about 30 mg of Lugol's (based on my dropper

> > > > calibration) for 5 days in a row with 2 days off each week. I use at

least

> > > > 1.5 tsp of sea salt everyday, and 3000 mg vitamin C. I usually take

all of

> > > > the companion supplements as well. Also, I just did a " whole body "

cleanse

> > > > (kit by Enzymatic).

> > > > >

> > > > > Thank you,

> > > > > Sherry

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> >

>

Guest guest

Hello

Tigi - and welcome to our forum where I hope you get all the help and support

you need.

What

WERE the results of your antibody test - did they not give you the actual

figure. Ask them to give this to you as doctors cannot withhold test results

from their patients. The FULL thyroid function test consists of TSH, free T4,

free T3 and Thyroid peroxidase antibody (TPOAb)+ Thyroglobulin antibody

(TgAb). I don't understand why a reception would tell a patient that " no

treatment was required " if her antibody tests showed 'normal' if that

patient is already taking levothyroxine.

Your free T4 is very high and this could be because it is not

converting to the active thyroid hormone T3 - this is why you need to test your

free T3 level. The Genova 24 hour urine test is best for this because it shows

the actual amount of thyroid hormone that your body has used - which the blood

test does not show.

You need to ask your GP to test the following to see if any of

them are low in the range: ferritin (stored iron), vitamin b12, vitamin D3,

magnesium, folate, copper and zinc. If any of these are low in the reference

interval, no amount of thyroid hormone can get into the cells - and this might

account for your high fT4, hair loss and fatigue. Once you get these results,

post them here together with the reference range for each.

Also, you should do the Adrenal Questionnaire (look in our Files

section of this forum under Adrenals) and scroll through the files there. Let

us know how you scored. You might need to do the 24 hour salivary adrenal

profile to see where your cortisol and DHEA levels lie at four specific times

during the day. If you are suffering with low adrenal reserve, again, your

thyroid hormone cannot be properly absorbed. This is the same if you are

suffering with systemic candidiasis. Check 'Associated Conditions' in our web

site under 'Hypothyroidism' and learn about these.

Luv - Sheila

To cut a long story short I phoned my surgery

today to enquire if my Thyroid Anti Body Test had come back (Doctor ordered

this before a referral to a Specialist. My other results had been TSH 0.42

(0.35 - 5.5) and T4 20.7 (9 - 24). I believe these are quite good but to be

honest since I have had my Thyroxine raised back to 125mcg's from 100 the only

thing that I have got rid of is the dizzy spells. I have always felt fatigued,

very pale complexion, scaly skin, occasional tugging feeling at the right side of

my neck, palpataions sometimes, joint pain, stiff fingers, fuzzy eyesight

sometimes, no vavavoom and the dreaded hair shedding/thining which is getting

worse. BUT my weight doesn't vary that much thankfully. Sometimes I beef up a

little but medication seems to change it back.

Guest guest

Hi tigi, So you got TSH and FT4- which on the surface looks good, but you haven't got the vital FT3 As you are so symptomatic still This is probably low- if you can't convert the inert T4 into T3 then no amount will get you well. you need to write to you doc and ask for a referral to and endo- in the letter list all your symptoms( see list in files so you don't misss anything) before getting out of bed temps- probably low) ask for ferritin, zinc selenium D3 and B12 to be tested as if any are low it compromises thyroid hormone absorption. ask for the letter to be kept on file and cc head of practice. > thyroid treatment > From: ginasf@...> Date: Wed, 28 Jul 2010 20:48:53 +0000> Subject: HAIR LOSS> > To cut a long story short I phoned my surgery today to enquire if my Thyroid Anti Body Test had come back (Doctor ordered this before a referral to a Specialist. My other results had been TSH 0.42 (0.35 - 5.5) and T4 20.7 (9 - 24). I believe these are quite good but to be honest since I have had my Thyroxine raised back to 125mcg's from 100 the only thing that I have got rid of is the dizzy spells. I have always felt fatigued, very pale complexion, scaly skin, occasional tugging feeling at the right side of my neck, palpataions sometimes, joint pain, stiff fingers, fuzzy eyesight sometimes, no vavavoom and the dreaded hair shedding/thining which is getting worse. BUT my weight doesn't vary that much thankfully. Sometimes I beef up a little but medication seems to change it back.> > > > > ------------------------------------> > TPA is not medically qualified. Consult with a qualified medical practitioner before changing medication.> >

• 1 month later...

I started for the fist time 3 weeks ago I take niacin every eve and no hair loss

yet. I hope it does not happen.

Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

Hair Loss

Heard bad stories about significant hair loss on protocol. New to site. Please

advise.

------------------------------------

How is your weight loss? Do you feel ok? I have also heard that you should take 5000 mg of biotin and also pour burdock tea on your scalp and leave it there.

From: "mmreno1@..." <mmreno1@...> Sent: Thu, September 23, 2010 6:35:02 PMSubject: Re: Hair Loss

I started for the fist time 3 weeks ago I take niacin every eve and no hair loss yet. I hope it does not happen.Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry-----Original Message-----From: "bigred516" <bigred516@...>Sender: Date: Thu, 23 Sep 2010 15:09:51 < >Reply- Subject: Hair LossHeard bad stories about significant

hair loss on protocol. New to site. Please advise.------------------------------------