>

> All off topic posts should go to the IodineOT group

IodineOT/

>

>

> Commonly asked questions: http://tinyurl.com/yhnds5e

Guest guest

hair loss is listed as a detox symptom at

http://www.breastcancerchoices.org maybe you should try more Iodoral?

Gracia

spacejunkie2001us wrote:

>

> Also, I recently started taking diatomaceous earth which also causes

> you to detox so I'm wondering if the hair loss is tied to detox

> symptoms (since it seems to have gotten worse lately).

>

>

> >

> > did anyone see an increase in hair loss on the higher doses of

> iodine? mine seems to be getting pretty bad and I'm hoping it's

> temporary. I've been on 50mg since about mid March and then

> sporatically jumping up and then dropping back, from 75mg.

> >

> > Thanks for any help.

> >

>

>

Guest guest

I'm going to start pulse dosing and see if that helps. The hair loss 'seemed' to

get worse when I increased my dose and also when I started the DE, which also

detoxes. So, I skipped today's dose, and may skip tomorrow, and then I'll jump

around between 25mg and 75-100mg and see what happens.

> > >

> > > did anyone see an increase in hair loss on the higher doses of

> > iodine? mine seems to be getting pretty bad and I'm hoping it's

> > temporary. I've been on 50mg since about mid March and then

> > sporatically jumping up and then dropping back, from 75mg.

> > >

> > > Thanks for any help.

> > >

> >

> >

>

• 1 month later...
Guest guest

I have been having issues with losing hair but it is low estrogen & progesterone that I believe are causing my issues. That may be the case for you as well.

Do you consume good omega 3 fatty acids? That is a problem for me at times too.

Unfortunately there are a lot of things that when imbalanced cause hair loss. I am still trying to fine tune my body to figure it out too. I used to have very thick hair and now it is not that way. It's frustrating - I understand.

Steph

Hair Loss

Hi everyone,I've been dealing with hair loss and deteriorating quality for several years. I've undergone treatment for hypothyroidism and adrenal fatigue. I still take 60-90 mg Armour, but discontinued hydrocortisone/HC for adreanal fatigue after I started iodine earlier this year because felt more relief with it than I ever did with HC. Given it's negative side effects and the good reaction I felt with iodine initially, I felt it was better to wean off of HC and did so a few months ago.When I first started iodine, I noticed that my hair, which had become frail and thin over the last year especially, seemed to improve in quality and was not falling out nearly as much. The only problem with iodine was that it caused quick weight gain for me. After a few months of being very depressed about that (more so because I'm single and trying to date, and the weight gain has greatly affected my confidence), I stopped iodine for a few weeks back in May. I started to notice that I was not feeling well at all, so I resumed iodine again in mid-May. Right around that time, I started to notice that my hair started falling out more than ever. So much falls out that I'm stunned that I don't have bald spots.I was just wondering if anyone has any advice. I'm already going through a very rough time, but seeing my hair coming out constantly is causing additional stress for me, and I'm worried about the long term consequences of this.I should maybe mention that I don't have insurance, am unemployed and don't have the ability to do lab testing right now. Also, I've been taking what I believe to be about 30 mg of Lugol's (based on my dropper calibration) for 5 days in a row with 2 days off each week. I use at least 1.5 tsp of sea salt everyday, and 3000 mg vitamin C. I usually take all of the companion supplements as well. Also, I just did a "whole body" cleanse (kit by Enzymatic).Thank you,Sherry

Guest guest

My hair falls out in large clumps daily, especially in the shower. The only thing that I could figure out that is causing this in me was low testosterone. I was supplementing for a while and then stopped it but I can’t remember why, it was causing me issues but don’t know what issues at the time, so I stopped it. I also was on thyroid armour and on HC as well and had a lot of the same issues as you, but like I said, for me it was testosterone that was low, due to the adrenal issues.Mia From: iodine [mailto:iodine ] On Behalf Of lookonthebritesideSent: Monday, July 05, 2010 10:18 PMiodine Subject: Hair Loss Hi everyone,I've been dealing with hair loss and deteriorating quality for several years. I've undergone treatment for hypothyroidism and adrenal fatigue. I still take 60-90 mg Armour, but discontinued hydrocortisone/HC for adreanal fatigue after I started iodine earlier this year because felt more relief with it than I ever did with HC. Given it's negative side effects and the good reaction I felt with iodine initially, I felt it was better to wean off of HC and did so a few months ago.When I first started iodine, I noticed that my hair, which had become frail and thin over the last year especially, seemed to improve in quality and was not falling out nearly as much. The only problem with iodine was that it caused quick weight gain for me. After a few months of being very depressed about that (more so because I'm single and trying to date, and the weight gain has greatly affected my confidence), I stopped iodine for a few weeks back in May. I started to notice that I was not feeling well at all, so I resumed iodine again in mid-May. Right around that time, I started to notice that my hair started falling out more than ever. So much falls out that I'm stunned that I don't have bald spots.I was just wondering if anyone has any advice. I'm already going through a very rough time, but seeing my hair coming out constantly is causing additional stress for me, and I'm worried about the long term consequences of this.I should maybe mention that I don't have insurance, am unemployed and don't have the ability to do lab testing right now. Also, I've been taking what I believe to be about 30 mg of Lugol's (based on my dropper calibration) for 5 days in a row with 2 days off each week. I use at least 1.5 tsp of sea salt everyday, and 3000 mg vitamin C. I usually take all of the companion supplements as well. Also, I just did a " whole body " cleanse (kit by Enzymatic).Thank you,Sherry

Guest guest

I just started taking Cod liver oil 2 tsp twice daily a few months ago and I have not noticed any decrease in my hair loss, it’s still falling out, but it has helped with my depression for sure. From: iodine [mailto:iodine ] On Behalf Of ladybugsandbeesSent: Monday, July 05, 2010 10:28 PMiodine Subject: Re: Hair Loss I have been having issues with losing hair but it is low estrogen & progesterone that I believe are causing my issues. That may be the case for you as well. Do you consume good omega 3 fatty acids? That is a problem for me at times too. Unfortunately there are a lot of things that when imbalanced cause hair loss. I am still trying to fine tune my body to figure it out too. I used to have very thick hair and now it is not that way. It's frustrating - I understand. Steph Hair Loss Hi everyone,I've been dealing with hair loss and deteriorating quality for several years. I've undergone treatment for hypothyroidism and adrenal fatigue. I still take 60-90 mg Armour, but discontinued hydrocortisone/HC for adreanal fatigue after I started iodine earlier this year because felt more relief with it than I ever did with HC. Given it's negative side effects and the good reaction I felt with iodine initially, I felt it was better to wean off of HC and did so a few months ago.When I first started iodine, I noticed that my hair, which had become frail and thin over the last year especially, seemed to improve in quality and was not falling out nearly as much. The only problem with iodine was that it caused quick weight gain for me. After a few months of being very depressed about that (more so because I'm single and trying to date, and the weight gain has greatly affected my confidence), I stopped iodine for a few weeks back in May. I started to notice that I was not feeling well at all, so I resumed iodine again in mid-May. Right around that time, I started to notice that my hair started falling out more than ever. So much falls out that I'm stunned that I don't have bald spots.I was just wondering if anyone has any advice. I'm already going through a very rough time, but seeing my hair coming out constantly is causing additional stress for me, and I'm worried about the long term consequences of this.I should maybe mention that I don't have insurance, am unemployed and don't have the ability to do lab testing right now. Also, I've been taking what I believe to be about 30 mg of Lugol's (based on my dropper calibration) for 5 days in a row with 2 days off each week. I use at least 1.5 tsp of sea salt everyday, and 3000 mg vitamin C. I usually take all of the companion supplements as well. Also, I just did a " whole body " cleanse (kit by Enzymatic).Thank you,Sherry

Guest guest

I take a fish oil supplement daily with Omega 3 fatty acids and have been doing

so for quite a while. I just don't understand why my hair was improving when I

first started iodine, but now it's falling out like crazy.

I did have my estrogen and progesterone tested in late 2008 before I started

treating my adrenals and thyroid and long before I ever took iodine. At that

time, I think both were on the high end of what was considered normal, although

I'm not quite sure about the progesterone. I could dig up the results. I'm not

sure if those levels would have changed much since that time or not.

Between the weight gain and hair loss, my treatments have taken a nasty toll on

my appearance, and I'm very depressed about it.

Thanks, Steph

Sherry

>

> I have been having issues with losing hair but it is low estrogen &

progesterone that I believe are causing my issues. That may be the case for you

as well.

>

> Do you consume good omega 3 fatty acids? That is a problem for me at times

too.

>

> Unfortunately there are a lot of things that when imbalanced cause hair loss.

I am still trying to fine tune my body to figure it out too. I used to have

very thick hair and now it is not that way. It's frustrating - I understand.

>

> Steph

>

>

> Hair Loss

>

>

>

> Hi everyone,

>

> I've been dealing with hair loss and deteriorating quality for several

years. I've undergone treatment for hypothyroidism and adrenal fatigue. I still

take 60-90 mg Armour, but discontinued hydrocortisone/HC for adreanal fatigue

after I started iodine earlier this year because felt more relief with it than I

ever did with HC. Given it's negative side effects and the good reaction I felt

with iodine initially, I felt it was better to wean off of HC and did so a few

months ago.

>

> When I first started iodine, I noticed that my hair, which had become frail

and thin over the last year especially, seemed to improve in quality and was not

falling out nearly as much. The only problem with iodine was that it caused

quick weight gain for me. After a few months of being very depressed about that

(more so because I'm single and trying to date, and the weight gain has greatly

affected my confidence), I stopped iodine for a few weeks back in May. I started

to notice that I was not feeling well at all, so I resumed iodine again in

mid-May. Right around that time, I started to notice that my hair started

falling out more than ever. So much falls out that I'm stunned that I don't have

bald spots.

>

> I was just wondering if anyone has any advice. I'm already going through a

very rough time, but seeing my hair coming out constantly is causing additional

stress for me, and I'm worried about the long term consequences of this.

>

> I should maybe mention that I don't have insurance, am unemployed and don't

have the ability to do lab testing right now. Also, I've been taking what I

believe to be about 30 mg of Lugol's (based on my dropper calibration) for 5

days in a row with 2 days off each week. I use at least 1.5 tsp of sea salt

everyday, and 3000 mg vitamin C. I usually take all of the companion supplements

as well. Also, I just did a " whole body " cleanse (kit by Enzymatic).

>

> Thank you,

> Sherry

>

Guest guest

Having weight gain and hair loss makes me suspect that it is a toxin issue.

Hair Loss> > > > Hi everyone,> > I've been dealing with hair loss and deteriorating quality for several years. I've undergone treatment for hypothyroidism and adrenal fatigue. I still take 60-90 mg Armour, but discontinued hydrocortisone/HC for adreanal fatigue after I started iodine earlier this year because felt more relief with it than I ever did with HC. Given it's negative side effects and the good reaction I felt with iodine initially, I felt it was better to wean off of HC and did so a few months ago.> > When I first started iodine, I noticed that my hair, which had become frail and thin over the last year especially, seemed to improve in quality and was not falling out nearly as much. The only problem with iodine was that it caused quick weight gain for me. After a few months of being very depressed about that (more so because I'm single and trying to date, and the weight gain has greatly affected my confidence), I stopped iodine for a few weeks back in May. I started to notice that I was not feeling well at all, so I resumed iodine again in mid-May. Right around that time, I started to notice that my hair started falling out more than ever. So much falls out that I'm stunned that I don't have bald spots.> > I was just wondering if anyone has any advice. I'm already going through a very rough time, but seeing my hair coming out constantly is causing additional stress for me, and I'm worried about the long term consequences of this.> > I should maybe mention that I don't have insurance, am unemployed and don't have the ability to do lab testing right now. Also, I've been taking what I believe to be about 30 mg of Lugol's (based on my dropper calibration) for 5 days in a row with 2 days off each week. I use at least 1.5 tsp of sea salt everyday, and 3000 mg vitamin C. I usually take all of the companion supplements as well. Also, I just did a "whole body" cleanse (kit by Enzymatic).> > Thank you,> Sherry>

Guest guest

I don't doubt that it is...For one thing, I drank diet Mt. Dew like crazy for 25

years. It's still strange that the hair loss improved at first with iodine but

then got worse.

But assuming it is toxins, what can I do about it? I feel like I've tried

everything I've heard that's been recommended. Just off the top of my head, I've

been taking a milk thistle/dandelion supplement for several months, I just

started NAC, I've done pulse dosing, and sea salt and vitamin C of course...And

I was hoping the whole body cleanse would take off some pounds. It sort of

seemed like it took off a little at first, but now I'm not so sure.

Do you have any suggestions on how I can deal with the toxins?

Thank you,

Sherry

> >

> > I have been having issues with losing hair but it is low estrogen &

as well.

> >

> > Do you consume good omega 3 fatty acids? That is a problem for me at times

too.

> >

> > Unfortunately there are a lot of things that when imbalanced cause hair

loss. I am still trying to fine tune my body to figure it out too. I used to

have very thick hair and now it is not that way. It's frustrating - I

understand.

> >

> > Steph

> >

> >

> > Hair Loss

> >

> >

> >

> > Hi everyone,

> >

> > I've been dealing with hair loss and deteriorating quality for several

after I started iodine earlier this year because felt more relief with it than I

months ago.

> >

> > When I first started iodine, I noticed that my hair, which had become

frail and thin over the last year especially, seemed to improve in quality and

was not falling out nearly as much. The only problem with iodine was that it

caused quick weight gain for me. After a few months of being very depressed

about that (more so because I'm single and trying to date, and the weight gain

has greatly affected my confidence), I stopped iodine for a few weeks back in

May. I started to notice that I was not feeling well at all, so I resumed iodine

again in mid-May. Right around that time, I started to notice that my hair

started falling out more than ever. So much falls out that I'm stunned that I

don't have bald spots.

> >

> > I was just wondering if anyone has any advice. I'm already going through a

very rough time, but seeing my hair coming out constantly is causing additional

stress for me, and I'm worried about the long term consequences of this.

> >

> > I should maybe mention that I don't have insurance, am unemployed and

don't have the ability to do lab testing right now. Also, I've been taking what

I believe to be about 30 mg of Lugol's (based on my dropper calibration) for 5

everyday, and 3000 mg vitamin C. I usually take all of the companion supplements

> >

> > Thank you,

> > Sherry

> >

>

Guest guest

Maybe glutathione. http://www.vrp.com/ProductPage.aspx?ProdID=4345 I know this is expensive but maybe it would help. You might need "bigger guns" than herbs.

Steph

Hair Loss> > > > > > > > Hi everyone,> > > > I've been dealing with hair loss and deteriorating quality for several years. I've undergone treatment for hypothyroidism and adrenal fatigue. I still take 60-90 mg Armour, but discontinued hydrocortisone/HC for adreanal fatigue after I started iodine earlier this year because felt more relief with it than I ever did with HC. Given it's negative side effects and the good reaction I felt with iodine initially, I felt it was better to wean off of HC and did so a few months ago.> > > > When I first started iodine, I noticed that my hair, which had become frail and thin over the last year especially, seemed to improve in quality and was not falling out nearly as much. The only problem with iodine was that it caused quick weight gain for me. After a few months of being very depressed about that (more so because I'm single and trying to date, and the weight gain has greatly affected my confidence), I stopped iodine for a few weeks back in May. I started to notice that I was not feeling well at all, so I resumed iodine again in mid-May. Right around that time, I started to notice that my hair started falling out more than ever. So much falls out that I'm stunned that I don't have bald spots.> > > > I was just wondering if anyone has any advice. I'm already going through a very rough time, but seeing my hair coming out constantly is causing additional stress for me, and I'm worried about the long term consequences of this.> > > > I should maybe mention that I don't have insurance, am unemployed and don't have the ability to do lab testing right now. Also, I've been taking what I believe to be about 30 mg of Lugol's (based on my dropper calibration) for 5 days in a row with 2 days off each week. I use at least 1.5 tsp of sea salt everyday, and 3000 mg vitamin C. I usually take all of the companion supplements as well. Also, I just did a "whole body" cleanse (kit by Enzymatic).> > > > Thank you,> > Sherry> >>

Guest guest

I've looked into glutathione, just because I know it's a powerful antioxidant.

However, if I recall correctly, my research indicated that it's not beneficial

to take it as a supplement because it doesn't absorb well, or something like

that. There are some suggestions on things you can do to help create it in your

body, and I do several of them. But my understanding is that taking it as a

glutathione supplement is not very effective.

Do you believe otherwise, Steph? I will try it if you think it could make a

difference.

> > >

> > > I have been having issues with losing hair but it is low estrogen &

as well.

> > >

> > > Do you consume good omega 3 fatty acids? That is a problem for me at

times too.

> > >

> > > Unfortunately there are a lot of things that when imbalanced cause hair

loss. I am still trying to fine tune my body to figure it out too. I used to

have very thick hair and now it is not that way. It's frustrating - I

understand.

> > >

> > > Steph

> > >

> > >

> > > Hair Loss

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > > Hi everyone,

> > >

> > > I've been dealing with hair loss and deteriorating quality for several

months ago.

> > >

> > > When I first started iodine, I noticed that my hair, which had become

May. I started to notice that I was not feeling well at all, so I resumed iodine

don't have bald spots.

> > >

> > > I was just wondering if anyone has any advice. I'm already going through

a very rough time, but seeing my hair coming out constantly is causing

additional stress for me, and I'm worried about the long term consequences of

this.

> > >

> > > I should maybe mention that I don't have insurance, am unemployed and

> > >

> > > Thank you,

> > > Sherry

> > >

> >

>

Guest guest

It should be a liposome version.

Hair Loss> > > > > > > > > > > > Hi everyone,> > > > > > I've been dealing with hair loss and deteriorating quality for several years. I've undergone treatment for hypothyroidism and adrenal fatigue. I still take 60-90 mg Armour, but discontinued hydrocortisone/HC for adreanal fatigue after I started iodine earlier this year because felt more relief with it than I ever did with HC. Given it's negative side effects and the good reaction I felt with iodine initially, I felt it was better to wean off of HC and did so a few months ago.> > > > > > When I first started iodine, I noticed that my hair, which had become frail and thin over the last year especially, seemed to improve in quality and was not falling out nearly as much. The only problem with iodine was that it caused quick weight gain for me. After a few months of being very depressed about that (more so because I'm single and trying to date, and the weight gain has greatly affected my confidence), I stopped iodine for a few weeks back in May. I started to notice that I was not feeling well at all, so I resumed iodine again in mid-May. Right around that time, I started to notice that my hair started falling out more than ever. So much falls out that I'm stunned that I don't have bald spots.> > > > > > I was just wondering if anyone has any advice. I'm already going through a very rough time, but seeing my hair coming out constantly is causing additional stress for me, and I'm worried about the long term consequences of this.> > > > > > I should maybe mention that I don't have insurance, am unemployed and don't have the ability to do lab testing right now. Also, I've been taking what I believe to be about 30 mg of Lugol's (based on my dropper calibration) for 5 days in a row with 2 days off each week. I use at least 1.5 tsp of sea salt everyday, and 3000 mg vitamin C. I usually take all of the companion supplements as well. Also, I just did a "whole body" cleanse (kit by Enzymatic).> > > > > > Thank you,> > > Sherry> > >> >>

Guest guest

I looked at glutathione on vitacost.com, and it wasn't that expensive...The

liposome version must be the expensive one.

What do you think about me taking alpha lipoic acid with four silver fillings? I

think ALA that was one the items on the list to increase your own production of

glutathione...and one of the ones I'm not doing due to my silver fillings.

> > > >

> > > > I have been having issues with losing hair but it is low estrogen &

as well.

> > > >

> > > > Do you consume good omega 3 fatty acids? That is a problem for me at

times too.

> > > >

> > > > Unfortunately there are a lot of things that when imbalanced cause

hair loss. I am still trying to fine tune my body to figure it out too. I used

to have very thick hair and now it is not that way. It's frustrating - I

understand.

> > > >

> > > > Steph

> > > >

> > > >

> > > > Hair Loss

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > > Hi everyone,

> > > >

> > > > I've been dealing with hair loss and deteriorating quality for several

months ago.

> > > >

> > > > When I first started iodine, I noticed that my hair, which had become

don't have bald spots.

> > > >

> > > > I was just wondering if anyone has any advice. I'm already going

through a very rough time, but seeing my hair coming out constantly is causing

this.

> > > >

> > > > I should maybe mention that I don't have insurance, am unemployed and

> > > >

> > > > Thank you,

> > > > Sherry

> > > >

> > >

> >

>

Guest guest

This is a liposomal http://www.vrp.com/ProductPage.aspx?ProdID=4345 and is $60 It's probably the expensive one.

I took ALA with 11 amalgams. Didn't seem to bother me.

Steph

Hair Loss> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > Hi everyone,> > > > > > > > I've been dealing with hair loss and deteriorating quality for several years. I've undergone treatment for hypothyroidism and adrenal fatigue. I still take 60-90 mg Armour, but discontinued hydrocortisone/HC for adreanal fatigue after I started iodine earlier this year because felt more relief with it than I ever did with HC. Given it's negative side effects and the good reaction I felt with iodine initially, I felt it was better to wean off of HC and did so a few months ago.> > > > > > > > When I first started iodine, I noticed that my hair, which had become frail and thin over the last year especially, seemed to improve in quality and was not falling out nearly as much. The only problem with iodine was that it caused quick weight gain for me. After a few months of being very depressed about that (more so because I'm single and trying to date, and the weight gain has greatly affected my confidence), I stopped iodine for a few weeks back in May. I started to notice that I was not feeling well at all, so I resumed iodine again in mid-May. Right around that time, I started to notice that my hair started falling out more than ever. So much falls out that I'm stunned that I don't have bald spots.> > > > > > > > I was just wondering if anyone has any advice. I'm already going through a very rough time, but seeing my hair coming out constantly is causing additional stress for me, and I'm worried about the long term consequences of this.> > > > > > > > I should maybe mention that I don't have insurance, am unemployed and don't have the ability to do lab testing right now. Also, I've been taking what I believe to be about 30 mg of Lugol's (based on my dropper calibration) for 5 days in a row with 2 days off each week. I use at least 1.5 tsp of sea salt everyday, and 3000 mg vitamin C. I usually take all of the companion supplements as well. Also, I just did a "whole body" cleanse (kit by Enzymatic).> > > > > > > > Thank you,> > > > Sherry> > > >> > >> >>

Guest guest

Thanks, Steph...

Is there anything else you can think of that might help?

Do you think I should decrease or even increase my iodine intake?

Sherry

> > > > >

> > > > > I have been having issues with losing hair but it is low estrogen &

as well.

> > > > >

> > > > > Do you consume good omega 3 fatty acids? That is a problem for me at

times too.

> > > > >

> > > > > Unfortunately there are a lot of things that when imbalanced cause

understand.

> > > > >

> > > > > Steph

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > Hair Loss

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > Hi everyone,

> > > > >

> > > > > I've been dealing with hair loss and deteriorating quality for

several years. I've undergone treatment for hypothyroidism and adrenal fatigue.

I still take 60-90 mg Armour, but discontinued hydrocortisone/HC for adreanal

fatigue after I started iodine earlier this year because felt more relief with

it than I ever did with HC. Given it's negative side effects and the good

reaction I felt with iodine initially, I felt it was better to wean off of HC

and did so a few months ago.

> > > > >

> > > > > When I first started iodine, I noticed that my hair, which had

become frail and thin over the last year especially, seemed to improve in

quality and was not falling out nearly as much. The only problem with iodine was

that it caused quick weight gain for me. After a few months of being very

depressed about that (more so because I'm single and trying to date, and the

weight gain has greatly affected my confidence), I stopped iodine for a few

weeks back in May. I started to notice that I was not feeling well at all, so I

resumed iodine again in mid-May. Right around that time, I started to notice

that my hair started falling out more than ever. So much falls out that I'm

stunned that I don't have bald spots.

> > > > >

> > > > > I was just wondering if anyone has any advice. I'm already going

this.

> > > > >

> > > > > I should maybe mention that I don't have insurance, am unemployed

and don't have the ability to do lab testing right now. Also, I've been taking

what I believe to be about 30 mg of Lugol's (based on my dropper calibration)

for 5 days in a row with 2 days off each week. I use at least 1.5 tsp of sea

salt everyday, and 3000 mg vitamin C. I usually take all of the companion

supplements as well. Also, I just did a " whole body " cleanse (kit by Enzymatic).

> > > > >

> > > > > Thank you,

> > > > > Sherry

> > > > >

> > > >

> > >

> >

>

Guest guest

I had good results with Livatone Plus.LinnOn Jul 5, 2010, at 10:31 PM, lookonthebriteside wrote:

Thanks, Steph...

Is there anything else you can think of that might help?

Do you think I should decrease or even increase my iodine intake?

Sherry

> > > > >

> > > > > I have been having issues with losing hair but it is low estrogen & progesterone that I believe are causing my issues. That may be the case for you as well.

> > > > >

> > > > > Do you consume good omega 3 fatty acids? That is a problem for me at times too.

> > > > >

> > > > > Unfortunately there are a lot of things that when imbalanced cause hair loss. I am still trying to fine tune my body to figure it out too. I used to have very thick hair and now it is not that way. It's frustrating - I understand.

> > > > >

> > > > > Steph

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > Hair Loss

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > Hi everyone,

> > > > >

> > > > > I've been dealing with hair loss and deteriorating quality for several years. I've undergone treatment for hypothyroidism and adrenal fatigue. I still take 60-90 mg Armour, but discontinued hydrocortisone/HC for adreanal fatigue after I started iodine earlier this year because felt more relief with it than I ever did with HC. Given it's negative side effects and the good reaction I felt with iodine initially, I felt it was better to wean off of HC and did so a few months ago.

> > > > >

> > > > > When I first started iodine, I noticed that my hair, which had become frail and thin over the last year especially, seemed to improve in quality and was not falling out nearly as much. The only problem with iodine was that it caused quick weight gain for me. After a few months of being very depressed about that (more so because I'm single and trying to date, and the weight gain has greatly affected my confidence), I stopped iodine for a few weeks back in May. I started to notice that I was not feeling well at all, so I resumed iodine again in mid-May. Right around that time, I started to notice that my hair started falling out more than ever. So much falls out that I'm stunned that I don't have bald spots.

> > > > >

> > > > > I was just wondering if anyone has any advice. I'm already going through a very rough time, but seeing my hair coming out constantly is causing additional stress for me, and I'm worried about the long term consequences of this.

> > > > >

> > > > > I should maybe mention that I don't have insurance, am unemployed and don't have the ability to do lab testing right now. Also, I've been taking what I believe to be about 30 mg of Lugol's (based on my dropper calibration) for 5 days in a row with 2 days off each week. I use at least 1.5 tsp of sea salt everyday, and 3000 mg vitamin C. I usually take all of the companion supplements as well. Also, I just did a "whole body" cleanse (kit by Enzymatic).

> > > > >

> > > > > Thank you,

> > > > > Sherry

> > > > >

> > > >

> > >

> >

>

Guest guest

Thanks for the input, Linn...

What did Livatone Plus help you with exactly? Weight gain? Hair loss?

Where did you get it?

Sherry

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > I have been having issues with losing hair but it is low estrogen

& progesterone that I believe are causing my issues. That may be the case for

you as well.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Do you consume good omega 3 fatty acids? That is a problem for me

at times too.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Unfortunately there are a lot of things that when imbalanced cause

understand.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Steph

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Hair Loss

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Hi everyone,

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > I've been dealing with hair loss and deteriorating quality for

several years. I've undergone treatment for hypothyroidism and adrenal fatigue.

I still take 60-90 mg Armour, but discontinued hydrocortisone/HC for adreanal

fatigue after I started iodine earlier this year because felt more relief with

it than I ever did with HC. Given it's negative side effects and the good

reaction I felt with iodine initially, I felt it was better to wean off of HC

and did so a few months ago.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > When I first started iodine, I noticed that my hair, which had

become frail and thin over the last year especially, seemed to improve in

quality and was not falling out nearly as much. The only problem with iodine was

that it caused quick weight gain for me. After a few months of being very

depressed about that (more so because I'm single and trying to date, and the

weight gain has greatly affected my confidence), I stopped iodine for a few

weeks back in May. I started to notice that I was not feeling well at all, so I

resumed iodine again in mid-May. Right around that time, I started to notice

that my hair started falling out more than ever. So much falls out that I'm

stunned that I don't have bald spots.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > I was just wondering if anyone has any advice. I'm already going

this.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > I should maybe mention that I don't have insurance, am unemployed

and don't have the ability to do lab testing right now. Also, I've been taking

what I believe to be about 30 mg of Lugol's (based on my dropper calibration)

for 5 days in a row with 2 days off each week. I use at least 1.5 tsp of sea

salt everyday, and 3000 mg vitamin C. I usually take all of the companion

supplements as well. Also, I just did a " whole body " cleanse (kit by Enzymatic).

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Thank you,

> > > > > > > Sherry

> > > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > >

> >

> >

>

Guest guest

I wouldn’t do that, not until you have the fillings removed, it can move the mercury all around badly. From: iodine [mailto:iodine ] On Behalf Of lookonthebritesideSent: Monday, July 05, 2010 11:24 PMiodine Subject: Re: Hair Loss I looked at glutathione on vitacost.com, and it wasn't that expensive...The liposome version must be the expensive one.What do you think about me taking alpha lipoic acid with four silver fillings? I think ALA that was one the items on the list to increase your own production of glutathione...and one of the ones I'm not doing due to my silver fillings.> > > >> > > > I have been having issues with losing hair but it is low estrogen & progesterone that I believe are causing my issues. That may be the case for you as well.> > > > > > > > Do you consume good omega 3 fatty acids? That is a problem for me at times too. > > > > > > > > Unfortunately there are a lot of things that when imbalanced cause hair loss. I am still trying to fine tune my body to figure it out too. I used to have very thick hair and now it is not that way. It's frustrating - I understand.> > > > > > > > Steph> > > > > > > > > > > > Hair Loss> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > Hi everyone,> > > > > > > > I've been dealing with hair loss and deteriorating quality for several years. I've undergone treatment for hypothyroidism and adrenal fatigue. I still take 60-90 mg Armour, but discontinued hydrocortisone/HC for adreanal fatigue after I started iodine earlier this year because felt more relief with it than I ever did with HC. Given it's negative side effects and the good reaction I felt with iodine initially, I felt it was better to wean off of HC and did so a few months ago.> > > > > > > > When I first started iodine, I noticed that my hair, which had become frail and thin over the last year especially, seemed to improve in quality and was not falling out nearly as much. The only problem with iodine was that it caused quick weight gain for me. After a few months of being very depressed about that (more so because I'm single and trying to date, and the weight gain has greatly affected my confidence), I stopped iodine for a few weeks back in May. I started to notice that I was not feeling well at all, so I resumed iodine again in mid-May. Right around that time, I started to notice that my hair started falling out more than ever. So much falls out that I'm stunned that I don't have bald spots.> > > > > > > > I was just wondering if anyone has any advice. I'm already going through a very rough time, but seeing my hair coming out constantly is causing additional stress for me, and I'm worried about the long term consequences of this.> > > > > > > > I should maybe mention that I don't have insurance, am unemployed and don't have the ability to do lab testing right now. Also, I've been taking what I believe to be about 30 mg of Lugol's (based on my dropper calibration) for 5 days in a row with 2 days off each week. I use at least 1.5 tsp of sea salt everyday, and 3000 mg vitamin C. I usually take all of the companion supplements as well. Also, I just did a " whole body " cleanse (kit by Enzymatic).> > > > > > > > Thank you,> > > > Sherry> > > >> > >> >>

Guest guest

If you do try liposomal glutathione I would look into this website. You get 4x

as much for $20 more. This company was mentioned on the Frex forum.I just sent

for the sample pack. I'm going to try their " can-help " and see if I can replace

most of my companion nutrients.I get so tired of taking so many capsules LOL

Karin

>

> I looked at glutathione on vitacost.com, and it wasn't that expensive...The

>

> What do you think about me taking alpha lipoic acid with four silver fillings?

I think ALA that was one the items on the list to increase your own production

of glutathione...and one of the ones I'm not doing due to my silver fillings.

Guest guest

Thanks, Karin...So, you haven't really tried the liposomal glutathione yet?

What's worse about all of the companion supplements, along with the other ones I

take, is if you are going to be away from home...It's such a hassle to remember

to " pack " all the supplements.

Sherry

> >

> > I looked at glutathione on vitacost.com, and it wasn't that expensive...The

> >

> > What do you think about me taking alpha lipoic acid with four silver

fillings? I think ALA that was one the items on the list to increase your own

production of glutathione...and one of the ones I'm not doing due to my silver

fillings.

>

Guest guest

Karin...I just noticed there is no link or anything about the company's name in

your post...You must have left it out :)

-

-- In iodine , " Karin " <krmaya@...> wrote:

>

> If you do try liposomal glutathione I would look into this website. You get 4x

as much for $20 more. This company was mentioned on the Frex forum.I just sent

for the sample pack. I'm going to try their " can-help " and see if I can replace

most of my companion nutrients.I get so tired of taking so many capsules LOL

> Karin

>

>

> >

> > I looked at glutathione on vitacost.com, and it wasn't that expensive...The

> >

> > What do you think about me taking alpha lipoic acid with four silver

fillings? I think ALA that was one the items on the list to increase your own

production of glutathione...and one of the ones I'm not doing due to my silver

fillings.

>

Guest guest

Sherry, don't know if I missed this along the way but I know for myself when my

hair is falling out, it is often related to low thyroid levels, as is weight

gain. You mentioned that you have not been able to get labs lately. But I

wonder if you are able to increase the thyroid med (with the docs help) and see

what happens?

One thing I am sure of is that I am tolerating my thyroid much better now that I

have been on the iodine for a while now.

Best wishes, Michele

>

>

> But assuming it is toxins, what can I do about it? I feel like I've tried

everything I've heard that's been recommended.

Guest guest

Thanks, Michele.

I could increase Armour as I have a bunch stockpiled. But I'm not sure it's the

right thing to do. My thyroid was never terribly low functioning. I was last

tested a little over a year ago, and my values were pretty good at 90 mg. I

never had a weight problem prior to starting thyroid medication, even though I'm

sure my hypothyroidism was undiagnosed for many years. One thing I know is that

the weight gain is directly related to when I started on iodine. It happened

very quickly after I started iodine and was otherwise unwarranted.

I've even considered the possibility that I'm getting too much thyroid hormone/s

and should try weaning off of Armour. I have a history of adrenal fatigue, and

I'm not treating my adrenals right now (other than with sea salt). From what I

understand, Armour can stress the adrenals, so I certainly wouldn't want to get

too much.

Sherry

> >

> >

> > But assuming it is toxins, what can I do about it? I feel like I've tried

everything I've heard that's been recommended.

>

Guest guest

you should add at least 2x1-grams vit c for the adrenal.

read this book

Adrenal Fatigue: The 21st Century Stress Syndrome

On Tue, Jul 6, 2010 at 8:11 AM, lookonthebriteside <slehr05@...> wrote:

Thanks, Michele.I could increase Armour as I have a bunch stockpiled. But I'm not sure it's the right thing to do. My thyroid was never terribly low functioning. I was last tested a little over a year ago, and my values were pretty good at 90 mg. I never had a weight problem prior to starting thyroid medication, even though I'm sure my hypothyroidism was undiagnosed for many years. One thing I know is that the weight gain is directly related to when I started on iodine. It happened very quickly after I started iodine and was otherwise unwarranted.

I've even considered the possibility that I'm getting too much thyroid hormone/s and should try weaning off of Armour. I have a history of adrenal fatigue, and I'm not treating my adrenals right now (other than with sea salt). From what I understand, Armour can stress the adrenals, so I certainly wouldn't want to get too much.

Sherry

> >> > > > But assuming it is toxins, what can I do about it? I feel like I've tried everything I've heard that's been recommended.>

Guest guest

I actually take 3,000 mg vitamin C daily...I didn't consider that to be a

treatment for adrenal fatigue, so I didn't mention it in that category. I used

to take hydrocortisone also, but I stopped that a few months ago.

Thanks!

Sherry

> > > >

> > > >

> > > > But assuming it is toxins, what can I do about it? I feel like I've

> > tried everything I've heard that's been recommended.

> > >

> >

> >

> >

>