RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

HELP

Rate this topic

Guest guest

May I ask what happened that you had to have your band removed?...As far as encouragement...140 pds is very nice size...maybe exercise, and eat like you use to with the band. Small portions..continue with protein drinks. Dont get discouraged because you gained some weight back and think of keeping it under control. I know you dont have the restriction but just make your mind up..YOUR NOT GOING TO EAT MORE THAN A SMALL PLATE OF ANYTHING and DO not snack on junk food. Youve come to far to go back to being overweight. You can do it hun

DOB

8/1/07

207/147/130

help

I had the band removed due to complications on 4/9/08. Fought tooth and nail to keep it, but had it removed emergency surgery in the states. I cant stop eating. I feel so helpless and out of control. I was seriously underweight and was slowing whittling away to nothing. Weighed 220 DOB 12/28/06. Weighed 106 4/9/08. Goal weight was 135. I am now in less than a month to 140. I feel like such a failure and feel like I am spinning out of control. I want to get the sleeve but financially we are pretty much ruined for awhile. The insurance did not pay for the week hospital stay or the surgery because it was band related. I read the posts all the time but have really never participated. My bad! Just looking for anyone who has any advice or helpful comments. Sue

Guest guest

Sue....

There is a federal law that is pretty clear that if your life is in

danger, your insurance company has to pay up. If you were having

emergency surgery that says you could not wait one more day for

surgery. If you email me privately I can give you a name of a person

(she doesn't charge anything) that can possibly help you to recover

the financial losses. She's banded and she's been in the insurance

industry forever. She might be able to help.

On 5/12/08, suelesh21 <suel21@...> wrote:

> I had the band removed due to complications on 4/9/08. Fought tooth

> and nail to keep it, but had it removed emergency surgery in the

> states. I cant stop eating. I feel so helpless and out of control. I

> was seriously underweight and was slowing whittling away to nothing.

> Weighed 220 DOB 12/28/06. Weighed 106 4/9/08. Goal weight was 135. I

> am now in less than a month to 140. I feel like such a failure and

> feel like I am spinning out of control. I want to get the sleeve but

> financially we are pretty much ruined for awhile. The insurance did

> not pay for the week hospital stay or the surgery because it was band

> related. I read the posts all the time but have really never

> participated. My bad! Just looking for anyone who has any advice or

> helpful comments.

> Sue

>

>

Guest guest

Hi Sue,

Where are you located? Maybe there is someone close by from the group that can be support too.

My heart goes out to you! Be strong.

Jan

From: suel21@...Date: Mon, 12 May 2008 23:42:00 +0000Subject: help

I had the band removed due to complications on 4/9/08. Fought tooth and nail to keep it, but had it removed emergency surgery in the states. I cant stop eating. I feel so helpless and out of control. I was seriously underweight and was slowing whittling away to nothing. Weighed 220 DOB 12/28/06. Weighed 106 4/9/08. Goal weight was 135. I am now in less than a month to 140. I feel like such a failure and feel like I am spinning out of control. I want to get the sleeve but financially we are pretty much ruined for awhile. The insurance did not pay for the week hospital stay or the surgery because it was band related. I read the posts all the time but have really never participated. My bad! Just looking for anyone who has any advice or helpful comments. Sue With Windows Live for mobile, your contacts travel with you. Connect on the go.

Guest guest

So sorry, it sounds like your body is kind of out of balance after what happened.I strongly recommend to go to an acupuncturist, anyone, and ask for a heavy duty appetite suppression fix plus to put your body back to balance. Believe me, it works.And I recommend you go Atkins unlimited for now.You can eat as MUCH as you want, I tried it, it works.No carbs whatsoever, but all the fat, protein you like.Eat a greasy chicken, dip celery in mayonaze, eat like a gigantic steak with shrimps. It will satisfy your hunger and you won't gain at all. (you will if you eat carbs with it, though... beware of hidden carbs too in dressings and all)I understand this is such a hard time for you. Things

will get better, I promise...Try going to an Over Eater's anonymous near you. Here's the link to meetings.http://www.oa.org/all_about_meetings.htmHang in there,NHT help

I had the band removed due to complications on 4/9/08. Fought tooth

and nail to keep it, but had it removed emergency surgery in the

states. I cant stop eating. I feel so helpless and out of control. I

was seriously underweight and was slowing whittling away to nothing.

Weighed 220 DOB 12/28/06. Weighed 106 4/9/08. Goal weight was 135. I

am now in less than a month to 140. I feel like such a failure and

feel like I am spinning out of control. I want to get the sleeve but

financially we are pretty much ruined for awhile. The insurance did

not pay for the week hospital stay or the surgery because it was band

related. I read the posts all the time but have really never

participated. My bad! Just looking for anyone who has any advice or

helpful comments.

Sue

Guest guest

Plus drink water... like at least a gallon a day (sip sip of course) add some mineral essence in it, (buy it at a natural food store, ask for consultation too) all the water will help you get back to balance. Then you can think about your next step, OK? Hang in there, NHT help

helpful comments.

Sue

Guest guest

And you can have whipped cream, sweetened with stevia (never with sugar)That can satisfy the sweet cravings... help

helpful comments.

Sue

Guest guest

Thank you. I live in the Seattle area.

--------- help

I had the band removed due to complications on 4/9/08. Fought tooth and nail to keep it, but had it removed emergency surgery in the states. I cant stop eating. I feel so helpless and out of control. I was seriously underweight and was slowing whittling away to nothing. Weighed 220 DOB 12/28/06. Weighed 106 4/9/08. Goal weight was 135. I am now in less than a month to 140. I feel like such a failure and feel like I am spinning out of control. I want to get the sleeve but financially we are pretty much ruined for awhile. The insurance did not pay for the week hospital stay or the surgery because it was band related. I read the posts all the time but have really never participated. My bad! Just looking for anyone who has any advice or helpful comments. Sue

With Windows Live for mobile, your contacts travel with you. Connect on the go.

Guest guest

THank you so much. I will try your suggestions. Thank you again for your response.

Sue

--------- help

Guest guest

I haven't read further, so someone may have already addressed this. Your insurance would not cover the surgery or the hospital stay because it was band related???? I've never heard this before. What is their reasoning? How can they get by with this? suelesh21 <suel21@...> wrote: I had the band removed due to complications on 4/9/08. Fought tooth and nail to keep it, but had it removed emergency surgery in the states. I cant stop eating. I feel so helpless and out of control. I was

seriously underweight and was slowing whittling away to nothing. Weighed 220 DOB 12/28/06. Weighed 106 4/9/08. Goal weight was 135. I am now in less than a month to 140. I feel like such a failure and feel like I am spinning out of control. I want to get the sleeve but financially we are pretty much ruined for awhile. The insurance did not pay for the week hospital stay or the surgery because it was band related. I read the posts all the time but have really never participated. My bad! Just looking for anyone who has any advice or helpful comments. Sue BursonPampered ChefIndependent Consultanthttp://www.pamperedchef.biz/carrieb

Guest guest

My band slipped and I let it go far to long. I wound up in the ER a week before I was scheduled to go back to Dr A and was delirious and out of my mind. No food or drink for quite a long period of time does that to a person I found out. The doctors took it out with the consent of my husband who was very freaked out and thought he was about to lose me. I was and am devastated. I hadnt eaten for so long that I have been on an eating frenzy for three/four weeks. I seem to be out of control and as soon as I tell myself enough is enough, I talk myself right into eating poorly again and again. It is like I have lost all control. I had a suggestion to try acupuncture. I am scared to death of that but may try it. It was financially awful because of course insurance denied to pay for it and it was 7 days in the hospital and surgery about 35k. I think I will go Atkins until I can get my head straight.

THanks for listening.

Sue

--------- help

Guest guest

I will email you privately. Thank you so much

-------------- Original message -------------- From: Bipley <Bipley@...>

Sue....There is a federal law that is pretty clear that if your life is indanger, your insurance company has to pay up. If you were havingemergency surgery that says you could not wait one more day forsurgery. If you email me privately I can give you a name of a person(she doesn't charge anything) that can possibly help you to recoverthe financial losses. She's banded and she's been in the insuranceindustry forever. She might be able to help.On 5/12/08, suelesh21 <suel21comcast (DOT) net> wrote:> I had the band removed due to complications on 4/9/08. Fought tooth> and nail to keep it, but had it removed emergency surgery in the> states. I cant stop eating. I feel so helpless and out of control. I> was seriously underweight and was slowing whittling away to nothing.> Weighed 220 DOB 12/28/06. Weighed 106 4/9/08. Goal weight was 135. I> am now in less t

han a month to 140. I feel like such a failure and> feel like I am spinning out of control. I want to get the sleeve but> financially we are pretty much ruined for awhile. The insurance did> not pay for the week hospital stay or the surgery because it was band> related. I read the posts all the time but have really never> participated. My bad! Just looking for anyone who has any advice or> helpful comments.> Sue>>

Guest guest

Hi a,

The one thing I can tell you is that I loved the band and it slipped because I got the flu three times within a month. Then struggled with severe acid problems. I want the band back, so do what you are supposed to do and you will love your band.

Sue

--------- help Date: Monday, May 12, 2008, 11:42 PM

Guest guest

In a message dated 5/13/2008 5:28:26 PM Pacific Daylight Time, suel21@... writes:

It was financially awful because of course insurance denied to pay for it and it was 7 days in the hospital and surgery about 35k. I think I will go Atkins until I can get my head straight.

Sue - you've lived thru one of my fears with your insurance company. I'm so very sorry and I agree with the gal who said they wouldn't pull this with a heart attack or skin cancer ... its just mind boggling and I can't imagine the stress and worry. My heart goes out to you.

I have Kaiser in So. California and they don't support the band (even though my primary care doctor gave me his blessing and told me to go for it). I had a horrible RPN tell me that the only support I'd ever get from Kaiser would be to yank my band out of me - talk about making one want to stay away from the hospital!

Atkins at least feels like you're eating and once you get used to the program, is okay. Hang in there, and know we're pulling for you :)

Trish

Wondering what's for Dinner Tonight? Get new twists on family favorites at AOL Food.

Guest guest

I'm sorry about all that has happened and I will keep you in my prayers. However, I'm still confused about the insurance situation. If your life was in danger and it had to be done, then insurance should pay. That would be like insurance saying, "I'm sorry you had a heart attack, you should've exercised more." or "I'm sorry you have skin cancer, you should have found a job inside." This cannot be right. I hope Bipley helps you w/ the contact mentioned. Please keep us posted as we all might one day walk in your shoes. Thanks for sharing your story.suel21@... wrote: My band slipped and I let it go far to long. I wound up in the ER a week before I was scheduled to go back to Dr A and was delirious and out of my mind. No food or drink for quite a long period of time does that to a person I found out. The doctors took it out with the consent of my husband who was very freaked out and thought he was about to lose me. I was and am devastated. I hadnt eaten for so long that I have been on an eating frenzy for three/four weeks. I seem to be out of control and as soon as I tell myself enough is enough, I talk myself right into eating poorly again and again. It is like I have lost all control. I had a suggestion to try acupuncture. I am scared to death of that but may try it. It was financially awful because of course insurance denied to pay for it and it was 7 days in the

hospital and surgery about 35k. I think I will go Atkins until I can get my head straight. THanks for listening. Sue --------- help I had the band removed due to complications on 4/9/08. Fought tooth and nail to

keep it, but had it removed emergency surgery in the states. I cant stop eating. I feel so helpless and out of control. I was seriously underweight and was slowing whittling away to nothing. Weighed 220 DOB 12/28/06. Weighed 106 4/9/08. Goal weight was 135. I am now in less than a month to 140. I feel like such a failure and feel like I am spinning out of control. I want to get the sleeve but financially we are pretty much ruined for awhile. The insurance did not pay for the week hospital stay or the surgery because it was band related. I read the posts all the time but have really never participated. My bad! Just looking for anyone who has any advice or helpful comments. Sue BursonPampered ChefIndependent Consultanthttp://www.pamperedchef.biz/carrieb

Guest guest

Yes to this.

At 04:20 PM 5/13/2008 -0400, you wrote:

>Can you help me??

>

>I'm desperate to find a cure for my cea.

>

>Do you have any experience curing it? or things like it like a rash?

>

>Please get back to me if you can

Guest guest

Sue,I'm curious how you know it was a slipped band rather than something else. What were your symptoms? I have had acid reflux really bad for the last couple of weeks. I have been blaming it on an overfill but, I'm now starting to wonder if I have a slipped band. Bipley recommended that I go back on liquids for 3 days which I am into the second day right now and feel a quite a bit better. I have talked to people who say that they could eat anything they wanted when their band slipped but, Bipley said it could go either way. I really do need to go to Mexicali. I have it scheduled if I can just find an affordable flight. If not I have a back up scheduled.

Co [Dr-Aceves-bandster s] helpI had the band removed due to complications on 4/9/08. Fought tooth and nail to keep it, but had it removed emergency surgery in the states. I cant stop eating. I feel so helpless and out of control. I was seriously underweight and was slowing whittling away to nothing. Weighed 220 DOB 12/28/06. Weighed 106 4/9/08. Goal weight was 135. I am now in less than a month to 140. I feel like such a failure and feel like I am spinning out of control. I want to

get the sleeve but financially we are pretty much ruined for awhile. The insurance did not pay for the week hospital stay or the surgery because it was band related. I read the posts all the time but have really never participated. My bad! Just looking for anyone who has any advice or helpful comments. Sue

Guest guest

If you think you have a slipped band then go on a liquid diet for two weeks and it should go back into place for you. I could eat nothing with my slipped band. I didnt follow the doctors advice to a T and messed around to much because I felt like I was starving. In hindsight if I would have just stayed on a liquid diet for a month or so I would have been fine. It is a much better alternative than what I have going now. Do what they say without fail. The acid was coming up at night all over the place. It was real gross and it went on for six months. My Bad!!!!!!! I so regret not doing the hard stuff to save the band. Now it is hard stuff without the band. I am going to make it though. I am working out tonight and going to the store to get Atkins food or at least protein stuff. I want to be 130 and darn it I am going to get back there. I so appreciate everyone's support. I felt so depr

essed the last few weeks that I was getting worried about myself. THANK YOU TO EVERYONE.

Sue

--------- [Dr-Aceves-bandster s] help

Guest guest

I am going to fight the insurance company. They need to pay. It was medically necessary.

You are right.

-------------- Original message -------------- From: Burson <burson.carrie@...>

I haven't read further, so someone may have already addressed this. Your insurance would not cover the surgery or the hospital stay because it was band related???? I've never heard this before. What is their reasoning? How can they get by with this? suelesh21 <suel21comcast (DOT) net> wrote:

Burson

Pampered Chef

Independent Consultant

http://www.pamperedchef.biz/carrieb

Guest guest

I started getting severe acid reflux and throwing up all the time. NIght and Day. I went to Mexicali in January after this had been going on for three months and was checked and confirmed that my band had slipped. Was told by Dr A to go on a liquid diet for two weeks and the band would go back in place. I did that then went on a cruise and came back and was told to do it again. I went on liquids for only a few days and decided myself, I would be fine if i ate mushys, then decided i could probably eat whatever and the problem just got worse and worse. I did not eat for a long period of time . I mean a long time. That is when things started going downhill. Somehow I went loco in the head. Talking like I was someone else or somewhere else. My family said I was very wierd and out of it. Other things in my body werent doing the right things and thats when the American dr's took it out. I wanted to go to Dr A an

d wanted him to reposition it or if he decided to take itout. I was very ill and very skinny. I looked like death. size 0 pants just fell off, my bones showed all over my body and my face was awful. I was so weak I couldnt go to work. My husband had enough, he said he wanted me alive fat or not but just alive.

--------- help Date: Monday, May 12, 2008, 6:42 PM

Guest guest

Do you throw up? That was the worst thing for me and the worst thing for my band. I hope you can start eating at least a little every day. Have you had a fill recently?

Sue

--------- help

Guest guest

I throw up every day now..i didnt in the beginning..I just tried two crackers and cheese..all i have had all day..and had to go throw up. I try soup and same results...i had in the beginning 1.2 put in and then had to go for an unfill in feb..same problem having now. he took out .5 so i only have .7 in now, but am going on monday the 26th to have the rest taken out to hopefully help me with this situation.. I just hope i have not caused it to shift or slip with all the throwing up i have done. I just want to be able to even eat a little and keep it in. I could in the beginning ...not sure what made it change. I have lost a lot , but dont want to do it by throwing up...

Sandy

From: suel21@... <suel21@...>Subject: Re: help Date: Wednesday, May 14, 2008, 8:16 AM

Do you throw up? That was the worst thing for me and the worst thing for my band. I hope you can start eating at least a little every day. Have you had a fill recently?

Sue

------------ -- Original message ------------ -- From: sandy doyle <doylesandy (DOT) com>

I was just wondering what your complications were..I have had a hard time lately as far as eating or drinking anything. I am hoping i don't have to remove the band. I don't keep much down though. Although about once every 10 days, at night i can eat..really weird. anyway..I am sorry and wish i had some advice, Best of luck always..

Sandy

[Dr-Aceves-bandster s] help

Guest guest

Wow..i hope i dont have the same thing going on.. I do throw up a lot.. I have even tried liquids..did you throw up when you first started back on them? I thought i would try that on my own, but when i was still throwing up soup i figured it was something else.

I am so sorry you went through that...now i am scared...lol...

Sandy

From: suelesh21 <suel21comcast (DOT) net>Subject: [Dr-Aceves-bandster s] help @groups. comDate: Monday, May 12, 2008, 6:42 PM

Guest guest

A CureShow on this would help beginners -- write to or call Greg --

http://www.wayimmune.org/00open/mission/whomto.htm -- to schedule

one. I'll show up to meet you.

During your cure show you will be trained to follow a thread of signals to

and beyond a negative medical test, or simply to greater function, if

that's what you're after. Being functional means you'll be able to

manifest things falling into place for you, something all of us want.

Be by the computer, and able to access The Table Of Contents Of Lessons,

The List Of Pathologies, and The List Of Bodies, by using the forward and

back buttons on your computer. We'll want you to surf among those pages

quickly, and then access links from those in the iCollege.

Bayard

813 672-3419

http://www.TheCureDrive.org

At 10:59 PM 5/13/2008 -0400, you wrote:

>Did you want to add me on MSN messenger.. That way we can chat? I really

>need your help <mailto:flexovit_9@...>flexovit_9@...

>

>On Tue, May 13, 2008 at 10:55 PM, Jimmy Tait

><<mailto:jimmytaiter@...>jimmytaiter@...> wrote:

>>Great. How?

>>

>>I've donated the $27 and watched all the videos. I can't seem to do it

>>right.

>>

>>

>>On Tue, May 13, 2008 at 10:34 PM, Bayard

>><<mailto:bayard@...>bayard@...> wrote:

>>>Yes to this.

>>>

>>>

>>>At 04:20 PM 5/13/2008 -0400, you wrote:

>>>>Can you help me??

>>>>

>>>>I'm desperate to find a cure for my cea.

>>>>

>>>>Do you have any experience curing it? or things like it like a rash?

>>>>

>>>>Please get back to me if you can

>>>

Guest guest

I can absolutely understand and feel for you. I was in the same boat and just wanted anything to stay down. Are you going back to Dr A? Good luck and I will be praying for you.

SUe

--------- [Dr-Aceves-bandster s] help

Guest guest

It totally sounds like the openning is very irritated and swollen. If you can t do liquids than Dr A will have to help with something. I am not sure what to do. I just starved and that is not right. good luck and I will be pulling for you. email me anytime. My personal email is suel21@...

Sue

--------- [Dr-Aceves-bandster s] help @groups. comDate: Monday, May 12, 2008, 6:42 PM