RemedySpot.com

checking in

Rate this topic

Guest guest

My daughter was just turned down by BCBS - she had throid problem. But they ask about the last 10 years - inhaler once, treatment for acne - things that don't kill you and dhe has been insured up until May of this year - so damm frustrating.

DD plays the same - that again line too LOL

I started here right after my dad dies - can't belive it's 3 years later and I've only managed to keep 25 pounds off

Well today is my birthday and it's hell but more later

Live, Love, Laugh

Re: Checking in

>The new rent with the new apartment really took a big chunk of my income -what was I thinking.We just found out last week that to keep Henry on our insurance while he'sstill in college and not working will be an additional $180/month, money wereally don't have but until the kid gets a full time job with benefits,we're stuck. Thank goodness he's getting a fellowship to continue hisschooling, but it's only a fraction of the money he was getting as anundergrad.>I wrote out a menu plan last week using my index> cards, but I didn't stick to it.Last week I knew it would be useless to make out a food plan because ofvacation, but things went pretty good - I actually lost 1 1/2 pounds insteadof the usual vacation splurge weight gain. This week we'll be back on thedinner menus I wrote up weeks ago (They're written through September andinto October already). My problem comes when Ed comes home, sees

what Imade, and says "That again?! Why didn't you make ____, instead?" even thoughthe menu has been printed up and hanging in the kitchen for a few weeksalready.> My birthday is coming up and I'll be 4453 for me in October.> My grandparents lived until their 80'sMine, too, and one of my great-grandmothers lived to be 105, her sister 114.She was short and round her entire life, and unfortunately I take after herand that side of the damily.> but both of my birth - parents died young - my mom was 56 and my dad 58.My mom had her fatal heart attack at 44 - but she lived on perked coffee andcigarets, a few pots and a few packs a day, and every meal was loaded withbutter, heavy cream, when possible, and loads of salt, and the only exerciseshe got was going back and forth to the kitchen and bathroom. I may beheavier than she was, but at least I eat right and exercise.My dad died

last year at age 74 from lung cancer after being a smoker forall but the first 8 years of his life (Yep, he started smoking that early).>She knew she wasn't feeling well and refused to go to the doctors.We found out my mom was having chest pains for a week before she allowed meto take her to the doc (She refused to go to the hospital) and died in hiswaiting room.At least we know better and *don't* repeat the mistakes of our parents.Sue in NJwho hopes her son never repeats *her* mistakes

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Kara -

YES the lasagna sounds yummy!! I forgot you and dh are expecting. You are right about babies looking alien on ultrasounds LOL - I'd say "go for it" (finding out the sex of the baby) but that is just me.... out of my 3, they could only tell with 2.... go figure.

Anyway, congrats and hope you are feeling well -

>My update: I'm now almost

halfway through this pregnancy, and have my 20 week ultrasound booked

Dayum! It seems like you just wrote this about your *last* pregnancy!

> My theory is as long as it's human and not alien,

all is well

LOL

> Decided to relive part of my childhood,

so put on Fame earlier (the TV show version, not the movie)

I used to watch that now and then when it first came out. I don't think we

can get that station in the US. At least I know Cablevision doesn't carry

it. :(

>and guess who's mug was the first to appear on the screen when

I turned it on -- ! He did a guest appearance in it

I don't even remember him doing an appearance on that show Cool! Right now

I'm just hoping he does cut that deal he mentioned in a MOTD last week about

putting a " best-of " his tv show on DVD. I would buy that in a minute!

> I said to dh after that I suddenly felt the

urge to do Disco Sweat,

I have never in my life EVER had the urge to do Disco Sweat!

>(Anyone else hungry now?)

Oh, heck, I'm like Garfield the Cat! Just mention lasagna and my shoes fill

with drool!

Good hearing from you. Keep off your feet as much as you can and have fun

with all the kiddies.

Sue in NJ

• 1 month later...

Hey Sue,

Good to see you back briefly. Wondered where you were. Hope you are feeling better... I did hear from the county - have an interview Monday. I'm nervous, but that is to be expected.

• 1 month later...

Hi ,

Glad to hear from you. Sounds like you are doing alright and getting ready for a big weekend. Just remember to take care of you and have your dh watch out for any signs that you are needing to break away from the crowds and festivities if it gets to be too much. Don't feel bad if you have to leave early or anything, ok!! Sorry to hear about you having to start shots for the diabetes, but whatever you have to do to get better. When you can get things under control a little better and maybe lose a few pounds, hope you can quit taking them, but that really doesn't sound like the most important thing right now. Getting your other meds adjusted and regular is.

I hope your sister is doing better, we haven't heard in a long time, but I am hoping since she is having people over it is good.

Keep your chin up, check in from time to time and take care!! Glad you enjoy the cards.

Hugs,

>Saturday was my birthday

A belated Happy Birthday, !

> I should be extremely tired when this weekend is over with.

It's great that you have so much family to spend the holidays with.

> I have just started taking shots in my stomach twice a day for my diabetes.

Insulin? Be sure to rotate the areas to your legs and not just your stomach. And keep off the scale - insulin *does* increase a person's weight as your food is now being better metabolized. Just work with the doctor and dietician and follow whatever food plan they worked out for you. It's especially more important *now*.

>I have also started a new psych. medicine. I'm still getting used to it. With this new meds I slobber a lot.

Hubby's aunt is on a med for her Parkinson's disease that does that to her. She now has a collection of fancy hankies, some embroidered, some lace-trimmed, and all that, and carries a few with her at all times. Nobody thinks twice about her conditional at all now and the hankies are the topic of conversation when she meets strangers.

>I have also started talking in my sleep says my husband.

Oh, I've been doing that since I was a kid. I even laugh out loud in my sleep some times. And in recent years hubby has started talking in *his* sleep. The kid said that once he walked past our room on his way to the bathroom late at night and heard the 2 of us talking, as if we were awake carrying on a conversation. Once he stood in the doorway and listened he realized we were each sleep-talking.

>If I don't get back on before Christmas, I want to go ahead and wish everyone a very very Merry Christmas.

Thanks, . And Merry Christmas to you and your family, too. Enjoy spending the weekend with them all!

Sue in NJ

>I have also started talking in my sleep says my husband.

Oh, I've been doing that since I was a kid. I even laugh out loud in my sleep some times. And in recent years hubby has started talking in *his* sleep. The kid said that once he walked past our room on his way to the bathroom late at night and heard the 2 of us talking, as if we were awake carrying on a conversation. Once he stood in the doorway and listened he realized we were each sleep-talking.

My husband talks in his sleep -- in sign language!

Dacia

<><

Deaf Lutheran Missions

south Wisconsinwww.DeafJesus.org

For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God — not by works, so that no one can boast. Ephesians 2:8-9

Welcome back. I'm sorry you have been away. I know you are struggling. I also have schizoaffective disorder and each day is a trial. I know you've been in the hospital. It helped me four years ago to go inpatient. Now I've found the right meds and I'm doing better. Stressed right now for the holidays though it is a good stress. I wish you well and a quick recovery. Hang in there. Things will get better.

Blessings to you.

Checking in

Hi there friends,

Sorry I have been away for quite some time. I just haven't been up to checking my e-mail. I did pretty good this weekend. Saturday was my birthday and my parents took my husband and I down to Branson for the whole weekend. I had a lot of fun. I'm getting ready for Christmas. Christmas Eve we are going to my parents. Christmas day we are going to my in-laws for breakfast and then to my sister's for lunch. I should be extremely tired when this weekend is over with. I have had my ups and downs a lot lately. I have just started taking shots in my stomach twice a day for my diabetes. I have also started a new psych. medicine. I'm still getting used to it. With this new meds I slobber a lot. It isn't very pretty. I have also started talking in my sleep says my husband. I hope that I can get back into checking my e-mail and stuff, but I might have to wait until this big commotion with Christmas. I wanted also to thank those who have sent me cards. They lift my spirits. If I don't get back on before Christmas, I want to go ahead and wish everyone a very very Merry Christmas.

from MO.

• 2 weeks later...

--- Diane,

May I ask you a question? If your positives were from incidental

exposure, what justification did the trickment center have to bill your

insurance company for 21 days of trickment?

Also, if your probation moniter was aware that your positives were from

incidental exposure, does he/she have an answer as to what

difference " working your program and doing what you need to do " will

have on the outcome of future tests?

Or, is this whole thing just as I suspect, a BIG LOAD OF BULLSHIT?

I wonder, did the trickment center misdiagnose you (malpractice?) or

did they blatantly lie to the insurance company (fraud?)

As far as your probation moniter goes, there's only 3 possibilities.

Either he/she is 1)uneducated on ETG, 2)stoooooooooopid, or 3) a zealot

stepper freak.

Just wondering.

In Ethylglucuronide , " doetta5555 " <doetta5555@...>

wrote:

>

> Hello. I am the nurse with 3 positives ranging 500-700. I just

finished

> a 21 day program and am now in Phase 2 part. My probation monitor

says I

> won't find out for 6 months or so what further action will be taken

> against me. I just need to keep working my program and doing what I

need

> to do. How do you find out the results of your tests? Mine are done

by

> Compass Vision. Do I just call them and ask for the results? Happy

New

> Year everyone. Diane

>

Hi, Madison. My probation monitor said I was in violation of my

probation because I tested positive, she didn't care what it was

from. I kept telling her it was from the injectable toradol that has

10% alcohol in it. It is bullshit and hoops I am jumping through.I

have no idea what will happen if I test positive again. I am not

using the toradol any longer. I do take tylenol and ibuprophen. I am

afraid to breathe, eat, etc.

My insurance covered it because it was only 5 months since I had used

vicodin and that 6 months would have been their cutoff time. I was in

their program in 2002 and after this cannot do it again.I have no

idea what the future will bring. I just have to stay in today,

otherwise I'll worry myself sick!

Do others on this site think the class action suit is a good idea? I

just can't afford to pay out any more money. I already owe a lawyer

and the board for the investigation and now I may have to have

another hearing. I have a second complaint coming up for buying

ultram over the internet. I may just not be able to be a nurse any

longer and will become a bag lady! Thanks for listening. I need and

appreciate all the support I can get! Diane

> >

> > Hello. I am the nurse with 3 positives ranging 500-700. I just

> finished

> > a 21 day program and am now in Phase 2 part. My probation monitor

> says I

> > won't find out for 6 months or so what further action will be

taken

> > against me. I just need to keep working my program and doing what

I

> need

> > to do. How do you find out the results of your tests? Mine are

done

> by

> > Compass Vision. Do I just call them and ask for the results?

Happy

> New

> > Year everyone. Diane

> >

>

I call a week and a half after every test for the results....

>

finished

> a 21 day program and am now in Phase 2 part. My probation monitor

says I

need

> to do. How do you find out the results of your tests? Mine are done

by

> Compass Vision. Do I just call them and ask for the results? Happy

New

> Year everyone. Diane

>

Madison, I gotta say, you make me laugh when you post...even though I

am a stepper....

> >

> > Hello. I am the nurse with 3 positives ranging 500-700. I just

> finished

> > a 21 day program and am now in Phase 2 part. My probation monitor

> says I

> > won't find out for 6 months or so what further action will be

taken

> > against me. I just need to keep working my program and doing what

I

> need

> > to do. How do you find out the results of your tests? Mine are

done

> by

> > Compass Vision. Do I just call them and ask for the results?

Happy

> New

> > Year everyone. Diane

> >

>

You can't get it from Compassvision or Maximus. Try your probation

monitor.

>

finished

> a 21 day program and am now in Phase 2 part. My probation monitor says

I

need

> to do. How do you find out the results of your tests? Mine are done by

> Compass Vision. Do I just call them and ask for the results? Happy New

> Year everyone. Diane

>

I think a class action suit is an EXCELLENT idea and OVERDUE.

But EXACTLY who are we going to sue?

We all need to read our paperwork that we signed at the beginning. I know my RPP paperwork says I can't sue them, so does NCPS , the folks that I call into and who get the reports and pass them on to RPP. I don't know that you can sue the BON's and that would have to be done individually for 50 states. I think that my contract also states something about Labcorp where I test not being liable. So it might get down to Dr. Skipper? Samsha? ( or whoever they are, you know who I'm talking about.) The promoters or advocates for the test? JUST EXACTLY WHO STARTED THIS IN THE FIRST PLACE? I know Skipper brought it back from Europe but then what? I even questioned my lawyer, also a state senator, about it being legal to MAKE you abstain form ETOH to begin with since it is legal. Off the clock of course!! LOL. He stated that if it is "Board" that governs a profession that they can make you do anything, that is IF YOU WANT TO KEEP YOUR LICENSE.

Actually now I personally am glad that I am not drinking d/t all the trouble it has caused me over the years that I just didn't want to see.

BUT I do have a problem with someone telling me that I CAN"T do something that is legal for every adult in this country.

Hi, Madison. My probation monitor said I was in violation of my probation because I tested positive, she didn't care what it was from. I kept telling her it was from the injectable toradol that has 10% alcohol in it. It is bullshit and hoops I am jumping through.I have no idea what will happen if I test positive again. I am not using the toradol any longer. I do take tylenol and ibuprophen. I am afraid to breathe, eat, etc.My insurance covered it because it was only 5 months since I had used vicodin and that 6 months would have been their cutoff time. I was in their program in 2002 and after this cannot do it again.I have no idea what the future will bring. I just have to stay in today, otherwise I'll worry myself sick!Do others on this site think the class action suit is a good idea? I just can't afford to pay out any more money. I already owe a lawyer and the board for the investigation and now I may have to have another hearing. I have a second complaint coming up for buying ultram over the internet. I may just not be able to be a nurse any longer and will become a bag lady! Thanks for listening. I need and appreciate all the support I can get! Diane> >> > Hello. I am the nurse with 3 positives ranging 500-700. I just > finished > > a 21 day program and am now in Phase 2 part. My probation monitor > says I > > won't find out for 6 months or so what further action will be taken > > against me. I just need to keep working my program and doing what I > need > > to do. How do you find out the results of your tests? Mine are done > by > > Compass Vision. Do I just call them and ask for the results? Happy > New > > Year everyone. Diane> >>

Sue,

If it's the 'new' drug byetta - then yep the stomach is one of the places they tell you - that's where I took it for about 8 months (I was taking it off label for weight loss - one of the 'side' effects is it suppresses you're appetite). I didn't have to alter the location and the stomache was the easiest to get to LOL

> I have just started taking shots in my stomach twice a day for my diabetes.

Insulin? Be sure to rotate the areas to your legs and not just your stomach. And keep off the scale - insulin *does* increase a person's weight as your food is now being better metabolized. Just work with the doctor and dietician and follow whatever food plan they worked out for you. It's especially more important *now*.

HEY CHECK THIS OUT:

http://www.lawyersandsettlements.com/case/false_positive

> > >> > > Hello. I am the nurse with 3 positives ranging 500-700. I just > > finished > > > a 21 day program and am now in Phase 2 part. My probation monitor > > says I > > > won't find out for 6 months or so what further action will be > taken > > > against me. I just need to keep working my program and doing what > I > > need > > > to do. How do you find out the results of your tests? Mine are > done > > by > > > Compass Vision. Do I just call them and ask for the results? > Happy > > New > > > Year everyone. Diane> > >> >>

when i call it is always important for me to ask if a high value was confirmed with the more accurate GC/MS instrumen....cheaper immunoassay instrument inaccurate below 1000ng/ml..i always must insist on GC/MS confirmation for the record...regards, nilesclay <nilesclay@...> wrote: I call a week and a half after every test for the results....>> Hello. I am the nurse with 3 positives ranging 500-700. I just finished > a 21 day program and am now in Phase 2 part. My probation monitor says I > won't find out for 6 months or so what further action will be taken > against me. I just need to keep working my program and doing what I need > to do. How do you find out the results of your tests? Mine are done by > Compass Vision. Do I just call them and ask for the results? Happy New > Year everyone. Diane>

--- Niles,

I guess my posts are an acquired taste, eh? I won't hold being a

stepper against you. I have met a few steppers who are truly sincere

and truly believe that " the program " has helped them. Let me give you

some clues how to spot a genuine soul in AA versus a freak in AA.

1. A genuine soul truly believes that going to meetings and praying

has helped them quit using drugs and/or alcohol. They are secure

enough in their convictions that they are not threatened when others

don't agree with their views. They respect others for whom AA doesn't

work and have chosen another path. They truly only care if others

are able to quit, not HOW they quit. They do not threaten others

with jails, institutions and death if they choose not to go to AA.

They are aware that people are individuals and they are unique.They

are upfront about AA being religious and make no apologies for it.

They will share their thoughts and beliefs with you if you wish and

you can take it or leave it. If you choose to leave it, they do not

condemn, disparage, ridicule or gossip about you. They will help you

no matter what.

They do not abandon their friends and families to become part of

the cult. Typically, these steppers only spend a few years in the

rewms. They use a support group as it was intended. They go once a

week or once a month for a limited amount of time and then they move

on with their life. Often times, these steppers leave because they

cannot tolerate the hypocrisy they witness in the rewms.

For the fortunate few who stumble across these genuine souls in the

rewms, perhaps they can be helped and be genuine souls themselves.

Alas, it is difficult to meet up with these types because they don't

go to 35 meetings a day and pontificate.

2. A freak in AA has truly found their calling. They rise to the top

of the food chain in a short period of time, thereby considering

themselves to be of a higher social standing and importance.

Typically, these types have never had a responsible or powerful

position in their entire lives. They are typically lifelong losers

who suddenly find themselves in a position where someone will listen

to them. Unfortunately, the are too fuckin stoooooopid to realize

that their minions are either a)a captive audience required to be

there B) drunk or stoned c)retarded d)bigger losers than the freak

himself. What a claim to fame, eh? Being the leader of a bunch of

drunk retard losers.

They are hypicrites who do nothing more than parrot the cult slogans

and preach to others. These people believe any type of behavior is

appropriate as long as you claim you don't drink and work the steps.

It matters not to them that they still don't work, still don't take

care of their families, still don't contribute anything to society.

Hell, the losers should drink, then they'd have an excuse for being

such losers.

They are so insecure of their own beliefs that they attack any

questioning. They attack any opposing viewpoints because they are

afraid it would render their views irrelevant. They can't handle the

fact that everything they believe could be false. These are the

typical people you find in AA meetings. They are liars, cheaters,

theives themselves so they project their shortcomings on everyone

else to make themselves feel better. Drugs and alcohol are their

secondary problem, their first and foremost problem is they are

LOSERS. And they know it.

Unofrtunately, these are the people most newcomers meet when they

enter the rewms. In fact, they meet them prior to entering the rewms

while they're in trickment. For you see, these same losers are

typically the " professionals " who make up the staff in the trickment

centers. This is the only job they can do, regurgitating dogma and

bullshit while getting paid for it. Hell, they figure they sit in

the rewms and spew this crap, may as well make a little cash while

doing it. Most of the trickement " professionals " are bat shit

crazy. It is a scary realization that these people hold others

freedom in their grubby little hands. It is not a mistake that all

trickment failure is blamed solely on the client. It absolves

the " professionals " from providing ineffective quack trickment. They

are not accountable nor responsible for the outcomes of their so

called " practice " . What better job could a retard loser stepper ask

for? They get to practice voodoo and treat addiction with the moral

model while billing insurance companies for the " disease " model.

WTF is up with that?

One thing I have a hard time understanding is if addiction is a

disease, how does praying and doing moral inventories help? Does it

help with cancer, diabetes, the clap?

Maybe a bat shit crazy, retard loser, stepper freak

trickment " professional " could clear this one up for me.

Niles, Im guessing you are a genuine soul stepper, or at least I hope

so. Good luck to you and remember, I believe you when you say you

didn't drink. Unlike the people in the positions who are supposed to

help ya'll with addictions. They think ya'll are liars. I still

claim that is the reason ya'll are in the mess you're in. These so

called " professionls " have put forth the lies and sterotypes about

people with addiction. But they have to because if they didn't they

would be out of a job and we all know they can't do anything else.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!! Please visit some of these sites. Donate time

or money if you can.

http://blogs.salon.com/0002762

http://www.drugtruth.net//

http://www.painreliefnetwork.org/

http://www.leap.cc/

http://www.drugpolicy.org/homepage.cfm

In Ethylglucuronide , " nilesclay " <nilesclay@...>

wrote:

>

> Madison, I gotta say, you make me laugh when you post...even though

I

> am a stepper....

>

>

> > >

> > > Hello. I am the nurse with 3 positives ranging 500-700. I just

> > finished

> > > a 21 day program and am now in Phase 2 part. My probation

monitor

> > says I

> > > won't find out for 6 months or so what further action will be

> taken

> > > against me. I just need to keep working my program and doing

what

> I

> > need

> > > to do. How do you find out the results of your tests? Mine are

> done

> > by

> > > Compass Vision. Do I just call them and ask for the results?

> Happy

> > New

> > > Year everyone. Diane

> > >

> >

>

Well Madison...thanks for taking the time to post back. Yes, I am a

soul stepper, don't force my views, everyone is entitled to theirs.

I do what has worked for me, and it has been 12 steps. There are

many other people that have quit using by other means, and by ALL

means...if it works, go for it.

Thanks for bringing a smile to my face on many occasions, and I still

hold true to the fact....I did not drink.

> > > >

> > > > Hello. I am the nurse with 3 positives ranging 500-700. I

just

> > > finished

> > > > a 21 day program and am now in Phase 2 part. My probation

> monitor

> > > says I

> > > > won't find out for 6 months or so what further action will be

> > taken

> > > > against me. I just need to keep working my program and doing

> what

> > I

> > > need

> > > > to do. How do you find out the results of your tests? Mine

are

> > done

> > > by

> > > > Compass Vision. Do I just call them and ask for the results?

> > Happy

> > > New

> > > > Year everyone. Diane

> > > >

> > >

> >

>

>If it's the 'new' drug byetta - then yep the stomach is one of the places

they tell you

I forgot about that. I keep thinking the only injectible diabetes drug is

insulin.

Diane---We spoke by phone a few weeks ago. Feel free to call me anytime or email me privately. I am a good friend of Lorie's--she gave you my name/#, just to refresh your memory. Marshadoetta5555 <doetta5555@...> wrote: Hello. I am the nurse with 3 positives ranging 500-700. I just finished a 21 day program and am now in Phase 2 part. My probation monitor says I won't find out for 6 months or so what further action will be taken against me. I just need to keep working my

program and doing what I need to do. How do you find out the results of your tests? Mine are done by Compass Vision. Do I just call them and ask for the results? Happy New Year everyone. Diane __________________________________________________

they're working on making it a once a week drug. It's really good but my triglicirites (sp) skyrocketed. I went off it. Of course, I'm the only one that happened to and it's not a known effect but I know my numbers and that was the only change in my life. Doctor wan't thrilled but I've learned that I'm in charge LOL Live, Love, Laugh

>If it's the 'new' drug byetta - then yep the stomach is one of the placesthey tell youI forgot about that. I keep thinking the only injectible diabetes drug isinsulin.

Once a week? That sounds awesome, but you know to be completely honest... I think if I was on a medication I had to take once a week, I probably would forget it. I can take meds if I have to if I make a conscious effort to take it the same time of day everyday... But That sounds cool. <bryefield@...> wrote: they're working on making it a once a week drug. It's really good but my triglicirites

(sp) skyrocketed. I went off it. Of course, I'm the only one that happened to and it's not a known effect but I know my numbers and that was the only change in my life. Doctor wan't thrilled but I've learned that I'm in charge LOL Live, Love, Laugh Re: Checking in >If it's the 'new' drug byetta - then yep the stomach is one of the placesthey tell youI forgot about that. I keep thinking the only injectible diabetes drug isinsulin. __________________________________________________

Tammy, whatever you choose should be something you can do for life. I

could not do Atkins or anything like it for the rest of my life.

There's just no way. But I can reduce my calorie levels and increase

my exercise. :) Find what works for you - that you can stick with

for the rest of your life - because to lose the weight and keep it

off, you have GOT to work long term.

Hint - make small changes and build on those. You'll be surprised how

fast you can adopt a new lifestyle if you do it a step at a time

instead of completely turning your life upside down! Good luck!!!

>

> Hi, I've been in the group for about 2 years. I've been on no mail

most of last year. I wanted to reintroduce myself and let eveyone know

I'm reading messages. I weigh 235 and my goal is to get under 200 and

worry about the rest later. I signed up for water aerobics at the

YMCA. That started on the 15th this month. So that is when I will

start my diet also. I'm thinking about going to weight watchers. I've

done most of the low carb diets and have lost some weight, but I

always gain it back. I did lose 10 lbs around halloween and have keep

it off. That was with Atkins. I'm looking for something not a strick.

>

> Tammy

>